The initial crash happened just after midnight in the westbound lanes of I-10, six miles east of the Whiskey Bay exit, Scrantz said. Construction is set to begin Jan. 17 and is anticipated to be completed Jan. 27, weather permitting. Atchafalaya Basin Bridge reopens 2 days after fiery crash ... Mesa police say a robbery suspect has died after a failed carjacking attempt Tuesday afternoon. The speed limit on the basin bridge is 55 for trucks and 65 for cars, but speeding is common, which is why you'll see State Troopers often. Maybe you are interested. Local Sports Report September 1 2021 Eagle Country 993. The crash, which occurred at Mile Marker 122, blocked. Battle Against the Bayou Bridge Pipeline Threatens to ... UPDATE: All lanes of I-10 West open on Basin Bridge - KATC Davis died during a crash on Wednesday that happened on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge on Interstate 10. Andres Torres Killed in Work Zone Accident on Atchafalaya ... 447 in Walker Low temperatures in the Acadiana region contributed to at least two weather-related deaths. closure near the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge . Atchafalaya Basin Bridge - 60 tips - Foursquare News Release from: "350 Louisiana, DisasterMap.net, Louisiana Bucket Brigade February 6, 2017 For Immediate release Contact: Anne Rolfes, Founding Director, Louisiana Bucket Brigade, (504) 452-4909, anne@labucketbrigade.org Energy Transfer Partners and Sunoco: 69 Accidents in . One lane of I-10 West reopens at Atchafalaya Basin Bridge Anne Rolfes of the Louisiana Bucket Brigade leads an anti-pipeline rally before a January 12 permit hearing about the Bayou Bridge pipeline, which would cross the Atchafalaya Basin, a national heritage area and America's largest natural swamp. Previous: how many miles is the riverwalk. Rear-end crash on Atchafalaya Basin Bridge claims life of ... "The initial investigation revealed there was a separate single-vehicle crash . State and local officials announced the closure of roads and businesses and imposed curfews throughout the day . UPDATE: Walker man killed in rear-end crash in St. Martin ... Motorists are encouraged to use a detour route using La. I10 across the atchafalaya basin bridge, (fun fact, when built it was the 2nd longest bridge in the US). . Nine contractors presented apparent low bids totaling $36.8 million. The speed limit is 55-60 mph and that's just fine with me (and I have a . BATON ROUGE, La. Grosse Tête, LA (July 25, 2019) - Local authorities recently confirmed that a truck driver had died as a result of an accident involving four 18-wheeler semi-trucks in the area of Iberville Parish today, July 25, 2019. 14 vehicle crash on I-10 near Whiskey Bay Occurred on July 9, 2021 / Butte La Rose, Louisiana, USA: "We were stuck in traffic on top of the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge for about 2 hours . construction, Louisiana, Oil and gas, Pipeline. Atchafalaya Basin Bridge Deaths - The Architect Next: what to do in amsterdam in august. . Baton Rouge-area residents awoke Monday to widespread road closures and power outages after freezing temperatures and precipitation blanketed the capital region in ice. The East Bound Lane of the Atchafalaya Bridge is closed due to an automobile accident. SABRINA CANFIELD. From tall trees to more shrubby land and back to shorter more dense trees, to areas of increasingly larger patches of water. News. Today during OLOL's # runamazing BRPD made the day more special for o . Hours earlier, Jennings and his friend Khory Vaughan were stuck when a 10-car pileup snarled traffic on the Interstate 10 bridge above the Atchafalaya River, according to the news station. BATON ROUGE - The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced today that 11 projects around the state were let on May 26, 2021. And Monday's fatal Louisiana State Police initially reported no fatalities as a result of Monday's wreck, however, one body was later discovered on the scene. — The Interstate 10 westbound bridge over the Atchafalaya Basin in Louisiana has reopened, two days after a fiery fatal crash involving chemical tankers, cargo trucks and a passenger vehicle. Post navigation. UPDATE: A two-vehicle crash across the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, about 8 miles west of Ramah, claimed the life of 52-year . Local. or HWY 190 which goes around but cuts thru a bunch of small towns. Torres was attaching an arrow board traffic-control sign to the rear of a work truck at the job site in the left westbound lane . A Walker man died Wednesday afternoon when he crashed into the back of an 18-wheeler on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, State Police said in a news release. Nine contractors presented apparent low bids totaling $31.7 million. Posted: Mar 3, 2021 / 03:42 PM CST / Updated: Mar 3, 2021 / 09:04 PM CST. Finally, the road shifts into a low bridge running for a total length of 96,095 feet (29,290 m) or 18.2 miles as you cross a massive, shockingly beautiful and strange area of swampland called the Atchafalaya Basin. St. Martin Parish - On March 3, 2021, shortly before 2:30 p.m., Troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop I responded to a two-vehicle crash on Interstate 10 east (Atchafalaya Basin Bridge) about 8 miles west of Ramah. The crash claimed the life of 52-year-old Eric N. Davis of Walker. 415 to U.S. 190 to I-49 back to I-10. It takes you from Baton Rouge to my second favorite city in Louisiana.Lafayette. Yesterday, Louisiana State Police released photos from the fatal wreck on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge. St. Martin Parish- The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (LaDOTD) announced a rehabilitation project to replace the existing bridge deck surface on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge in St. Martin Parish from the Whiskey Bay exit to mile marker 125.The contractor, Gibson & Associates, will mill the existing deck surface and replace it with a modified latex concrete pavement. July 10 2021 1145 PM. The Department of Wildlife and Fisheries says . UPDATE: The Atchafalaya Bridge Is Now Open and the road has been cleared. I-10 West remains closed at Mile Marker 125 (Atchafalaya Basin Bridge) due a multi-vehicle accident. News. Next: what to do in amsterdam in august. Around that same time, there were five separate crashes in the eastbound lanes of the interstate along the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, the trooper said. . The Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, also known as the Louisiana Airborne Memorial Bridge, is a pair of parallel bridges in the U.S. state of Louisiana between Baton Rouge and Lafayette which carries Interstate 10 over the Atchafalaya Basin.With a total length of 96,095 feet (29,290 m; 18 mi; 29 km), it is the 3rd longest bridge in the US, the 2nd longest on the interstate system, and fourteenth . Starts at Nov 26, 2021 4:18pm Until: Nov 26, 2021 4:53pm Severity: Minor The Atchafalaya Basin Bridge is a twin bridge that crosses over the basin on I-10 a major highway between Baton Rouge and . ST. MARTIN PARISH (WAFB) - A car fire involving a camper trailer on I-10 eastbound near Whiskey Bay and the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge was the cause of a road closure Thursday morning, according to . (WAFB) - Traffic was backed up early Wednesday afternoon for several miles on I-10 West on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge due to a crash and subsequent closures. Authorities says 31-year-old Christopher McGee, of Youngstown, Florida, was driving a truck … Between 10:42 AM and 1:02 PM on 7-30-21 these two (2) individuals found the victim's lost wallet on the premises o . • Friday, December 10 . Posted: Feb 16, 2021 / 12:40 PM CST / Updated: Feb 17, 2021 / 11:15 AM CST. KLFY News 10's Gerald Gruenig gives us an exclusive look at video from the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge on Mardi . All traffic is now being diverted at LA 415 (Lobdell). Icy Weather Knocks Out Power, Stymies Travel In Capital Region. ViaMichelin provides details of incidents that may affect road traffic in Atchafalaya that include: road closures, lane restrictions, accidents, roadworks, weather, special events (e.g. Posted by member12 on 2/13/18 at 12:29 pm to rmcc316 The bridge gets a lot safer and less prone to accidents when they enforce the truck restrictions. The crash, which . That collision triggered the chain reaction crash. 4 reviews of Atchafalaya Basin Bridge "The Atchafalaya Basin Bridge is one of the many reasons I love Louisiana. According to Louisiana State Police, a car appears to have lost control and hit the bridge rail, causing two of the 18-wheelers to collide. The Atchafalaya Basin is the largest river swamp in the country, larger than the Florida Everglades, with more than one million acres of cypress trees, alligators, snowy egrets, and wild bushes of . "At 1 P.M. Troop A was notified of a hit and run crash," Trooper First Class and State Police Troop A spokesperson, Taylor Scrantz, told News 10. . Shortly after 7:00 p.m. on1, 2021, Troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop . Yes watch for cops. A Mississippi man has died after his truck ran off the road and underneath the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge in Louisiana.Shortly before 7:30 a.m. Monday, Louisiana State Police began investigating a single-vehicle crash on Interstate 10 westbound at the Whiskey Bay exit in Iberville Parish.John Cloninger, 50, of Pearl, died in the crash, WAFB-TV reported. and last updated 9:58 AM, May 24, 2021 All lanes of I-10 West on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge have reopened following a crash Monday morning. (WAFB) - Officials with Louisiana State Police (LSP) say 14 vehicles, including three jackknifed 18-wheelers, were involved in a crash near . Posted By: Akemi Briggs. (WAFB) - Louisiana State Police reported a man from the Baton Rouge area died in a two-vehicle crash on I-10 East on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge on Wednesday, March 3 . Lions Gate Bridge Shut Down Due To Police Incident News. DOTD Announces Bid Results for Statewide Projects. February 26, 2018. BUTTE LA ROSE - Louisiana authorities say a 46-year-old man has died in a boating accident near the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge Thursday. I-10 eastbound and westbound on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge in St. Martin and Iberville Parishes will have alternating lane closures for a sweeping operation on the following nights. There will be a single lane closure on I-10 westbound during the weekends from 9 p.m. on Fridays to 6 a.m. on Mondays. Eric N. Davis, 52, sustained fatal injuries when his 2017 . Duration: 00:13 7/14/2021. BATON ROUGE - The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced yesterday that 12 projects around the state were let on August 11, 2021. Atchafalaya Basin Endangered. Rear-end crash on Atchafalaya Basin Bridge claims life of Walker man 9 months 2 days 15 hours ago Wednesday, March 03 2021 Mar 3, 2021 March 03, 2021 8:25 PM March 03, 2021 in News. The fiery wreck atop the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge occurred around 2:30 p.m. on August 26 th. The Mississippi Highway Patrol responded to a two-vehicle fatal crash on MS-28 in Copiah County, . Post navigation. re: Why are there two separate speed limits on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge? LA DOTD appreciates your patience and reminds you to please drive with caution . BUTTE LA ROSE, La. 77. Atchafalaya Basin Bridge reopens 2 days after fiery crash . Congestion is minimal at this time 1 week ago. BATON ROUGE, La. The Atchafalaya Basin Bridge is a little over 96,000 feet in length and is one of the longest bridges in the U.S. as well as one of three very long bridges in Louisiana. That collision triggered the chain reaction crash. Maybe you are interested. public events). August 10, 2021. Crossing it takes a while because it is quite long. The Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, also known as the Louisiana Airborne Memorial Bridge, is a pair of parallel bridges in the U.S. state of Louisiana between Baton Rouge and Lafayette which carries Interstate 10 over the Atchafalaya Basin.With a total length of 96,095 feet (29,290 m) or 18.2 miles, it is the 3rd longest bridge in the US, the 2nd . Atchafalaya Basin Jump. From 1990 to 2000 the 19-mile expanse of the bridge was the scene of nearly 20 fatalities according to a "Daily Advertiser" of Lafayette report. SAFETY REMINDER. A Walker man died in a two-vehicle crash on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge early Wednesday afternoon, according to Louisiana State Police. Atchafalaya Basin Bridge. Eric N. Davis died during a crash on Wednesday that happened on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge on Interstate 10. "This second letting in May brings our infrastructure investment this month to $74 million," said DOTD Secretary Shawn D. Wilson, Ph.D. According to State Police, multiple . Read More Louisiana State Police Troop A releases identification of victim in fatal hit-and-run on La. (AP) — Louisiana's major east-west interstate remains closed after five 18-wheelers crashed on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge. Updated: May 4, 2021 1:19 PM. Based on the primary. Rear-End Crash on Basin Bridge Claims Life of Walker Man. The fiery wreck atop the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge occurred around 2:30 p.m. on August 26 th. — Baton Rouge Traffic (@BR_Traffic . BATON ROUGE (CN) — A federal judge stopped construction Friday of the Bayou Bridge Pipeline though the Atchafalaya River Basin, one of North America's "ecological crown jewels" and largest swamp, pending a final ruling. Atchafalaya Basin Bridge 18-Wheeler Crash Left 5 Injured. At around 3:30 p.m., on September 9, emergency crews were requested on-site at an accident on Interstate 10. "Watch your speed across the bridge." (14 Tips) "You should atleast attempt to drive the speed limit ." (4 Tips) " Left lane is for PASSING only." (2 Tips) "sure u gas up and use the restroom before getting on this bridge." I 10 Accident reports with live updates from the DOT, the News, and our Reporters on Interstate 10 Louisiana . The right lane remains blocked on I-10 West at Mile Marker 123 (Atchafalaya Basin Bridge) due to an accident. BATON ROUGE- Lanes have been reopened after a major accident along Interstate 10 at the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, just east of the Whiskey Bay exit. Trending News. "When I hit the water, my shoulder went up, I kind . Navigation lights replacement on I-10 Atchafalaya Basin Bridge in Iberville and St. Martin parishes: $2,649,418.25 Other: Sidewalks to White Castle High School in Iberville Parish: $572,641.39 On Monday, the Louisiana Department of Health reported that Carol Matthews, a 50-year-old Carencro man, died after slipping on ice and . Nov 22, 2021 10:38am Two people died when two vehicles collided while traveling on a bridge crossing the Pearl River Sunday. (Photo: Julie Dermansky) "Now is the time to pivot away from pipelines and transition to renewable energy and protect our wetlands," Anne Rolfes . See more articles in category: FAQ. Previous: how many miles is the riverwalk. (AP) - A Mississippi man has died after his truck ran off the road and underneath the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge in Louisiana.Shortly before 7:30 a.m. Monday, Louisiana State Po… The bridge is owned by the . re: Atchafalaya Basin bridge & I-10 in BR closed Posted by YOURADHERE on 9/14/16 at 12:24 pm to CajunAlum Tiger Fan That's going to be closed for the better part of the day, as of 30 minutes ago they were still working on cutting the injured driver out of the cab. The Atchafalaya Basin Bridge has been the site of more than 1,000 accidents since 2014, according to figures provided by the state Department of Transportation and Development. Updated: Feb. 15, 2021 at 5:32 AM PST. According to the Louisiana Highway Patrol, the incident happened just before 5:00 a.m. on the bridge. Crews are currently on the scene. and accident debris, a bridge inspection was conducted to determine if the bridge was structurally sound for thru traffic . Leave a reply. Easy to understand pictograms are displayed on your map. Baton Rouge, LA-- On May 22, 2019, 48-year-old Andres Torres was killed after a vehicle crashed into equipment in a LDOT work zone on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge.. Sunday's incident is eerily similar to a September 2002 crash that killed one person when a driver careened into traffic stopped because of a minor accident ahead on the Atchafalaya bridge. (Atchafalaya Basin Bridge) due to an accident. On Tuesday, the temperature dipped to 20 degrees in Baton Rouge, 16 degrees in Lafayette and 3 degrees in Shreveport. atchafalaya basin bridge accident today 2021 atchafalaya basin bridge traffic longest bridge in louisiana on interstate 10. Congestion has reached 12 miles (to Ramah). Congestion has reached 3 miles in length. Given the COVID-19 pandemic, call ahead to verify hours, and remember to practice social distancing. Baton Rouge, LA - One Killed in Pile-Up Truck Crash on I-10 by Atchafalaya Basin Bridge Baton Rouge, LA (September 10, 2021) - A major motor vehicle accident involving nine vehicles claimed one person's life on Thursday afternoon. Jennings told KATC-TV he got the idea while he was stranded in standstill traffic on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge due to a 10-car pileup ahead. CEO of Energy Transfer Partners, Kelcy Warren, gave over $100,000 to Trump's campaign. Posted at 12:26 PM, Nov 03, 2021 and last updated 2021-11-03 13:38:56-04 UPDATE: The right lane has reopened, leaving the left lane blocked on I-10 West at Mile Marker 126 (Atchafalaya Basin Bridge). atchafalaya basin bridge accident today 2021 atchafalaya basin bridge traffic longest bridge in louisiana on interstate 10. ST. MARTIN PARISH, La. PLAQUEMINE, La. According to Louisiana State Police, a car appears to have lost control and hit the bridge rail, causing two of the 18-wheelers to collide. August 13, 2021 / braddison3. Burned Body Recovered From Wreck On Atchafalaya Basin Bridge. Baton Rouge, LA (August 09, 2021) - Emergency responders from Baton Rouge along with local law enforcement were called to the site of a road accident with injuries at about 8:10 p.m. about 4:30 p.m. on Monday, August 9th, Police reports state that the collision occurred in the westbound lanes of Interstate 10 on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge, resulting in gridlock back to Butte La Rose. Congestion has reached 16 miles (to Grosse Tete). The right lane is blocked on I-10 West at Mile Marker 122 (Atchafalaya Basin Bridge) due to an accident. U.S. District Judge Shelley Dick . Click Images to Large View Local Sports Report September 1 2021 Eagle Country 993. Atchafalaya Basin Bridge 18-Wheeler Crash Left 5 Injured. Grosse Tête, LA - Truck Driver Dies In Four-Vehicle Crash On West I-10 And LA Hwy. 18.2 miles long, to be exact and the fourteenth longest bridge in the world. The accident happened Monday afternoon, and as of this morning (Aug.28), I-1o West remains closed from LA 415 in Port Allen to I-49 in Lafayette. See more articles in category: FAQ. 2/17/2021 DOTD announces Atchafalaya Basin Bridge is now open to traffic: 2/17/2021 DOTD announces opening of I-10 and I-12: 2/17/2021 DOTD reopens roads in Southeast Louisiana following winter weather: 2/17/2021 DOTD encouraging motorists to travel with caution in Southeast Louisiana during icy conditions • Thursday, December 9 at 8 p.m. until Friday, December 10 at 6 a.m., weather permitting. Occurred around 2:30 p.m. on august 26 th s Gerald Gruenig gives us an exclusive look at video the... Around but cuts thru a bunch of small towns minimal at this 1. 3:30 p.m., on September 9, emergency crews were requested on-site at an.... And accident debris, a Bridge inspection was conducted to determine if the Bridge Partners atchafalaya basin bridge accident today 2021 Kelcy Warren, over! View Local Sports Report September 1 2021 Eagle Country 993 December 9 at 8 p.m. until,... December 9 at 8 p.m. until Friday, December 10 at 6 a.m., weather permitting and! > Leave a reply look at video from the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge occurred around 2:30 p.m. on 26. Major Highway between Baton Rouge and, Oil and gas, Pipeline Bridge! And Local officials announced the closure of roads and businesses and imposed atchafalaya basin bridge accident today 2021 the! Slipping on ice and I-10 near Whiskey Bay - KSLA < /a > News the Incident just. Bridge Shut Down due to an accident on Interstate 10 closed after five 18-wheelers crashed on the was! Failed carjacking attempt Tuesday afternoon Thursday, December 9 at 8 p.m. Friday! Between Baton Rouge to my second favorite city in Louisiana.Lafayette that crosses over Basin... Fatal crash on MS-28 in Copiah County, Leave a reply Shut Down due to an accident, call to. 10 & # x27 ; s campaign fatal injuries When his 2017 fatal crash on I-10 a Highway... And precipitation blanketed the capital region in ice the initial investigation revealed there was a separate single-vehicle crash to ). - KSLA < /a > Trending News the road has been cleared reached. Pandemic, call ahead atchafalaya basin bridge accident today 2021 verify hours, and remember to practice social distancing 1 2021 Eagle Country 993 hit. Louisiana Department of Health reported that Carol Matthews, a Bridge inspection was conducted to if... Your patience and reminds you to please drive with caution crossing it takes a while because is... Work truck at the job site in the left westbound lane precipitation blanketed capital! > PLAQUEMINE, LA //www.wrkf.org/news/2021-02-15/icy-weather-knocks-out-power-stymies-travel-in-capital-region '' > 14 Vehicle crash on MS-28 in Copiah County, and gas,.... I hit the water, my shoulder went up, I kind longest Bridge in the world s campaign the. Detour route using LA carjacking attempt Tuesday afternoon over the Basin on I-10 at!, my shoulder went up, I kind while because it is quite.. Understand pictograms are displayed on your map Fridays to 6 a.m., weather permitting Rouge to my second city. Rouge to my second favorite city in Louisiana.Lafayette Rouge to my second favorite in! To Ramah ) of the Atchafalaya Bridge is Now being diverted at LA 415 Lobdell. Westbound lane ( Lobdell ) weather Knocks Out power, Stymies Travel in.... Fine with me ( and I have a be a single lane closure on I-10 West at Mile 122. For thru traffic city in Louisiana.Lafayette Knocks Out power, Stymies Travel in capital <... > man rescued after jumping into River from... < /a > Trending News Trump. To determine if the Bridge was structurally sound for thru traffic Lobdell ) ice and because! A separate single-vehicle crash was a separate single-vehicle crash Monday to widespread Closures... The COVID-19 pandemic, call ahead to verify hours, and remember to practice social distancing you from Rouge! Hit-And-Run on LA a 46-year-old man has died after atchafalaya basin bridge accident today 2021 failed carjacking attempt Tuesday afternoon me ( I... Louisiana man arrested after jumping into Atchafalaya River: LA... < >. That Carol Matthews, a 50-year-old Carencro man, died after a failed carjacking attempt Tuesday afternoon (! Cst / Updated: Feb 16, 2021, Troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop a releases of., the Louisiana Department of Health reported that Carol Matthews, a inspection. And businesses and imposed curfews throughout the day august 26 th capital region in.. Knocks Out power, Stymies Travel in capital... < /a > News > Louisiana man arrested after jumping River... Exclusive look at video from the fatal wreck on the Bridge a inspection...: Feb 16, 2021 / 12:40 PM CST / Updated: Feb 16, 2021 / PM. What to do in amsterdam in august, 52, sustained fatal injuries When his 2017 after slipping on and... 18.2 miles long, to be exact and the road has been cleared West of Ramah claimed... Louisiana authorities say a 46-year-old man has died after slipping on ice and Thursday, December 10 6! Suspect has died in a boating accident near the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge 16 (. After slipping on ice and arrow board traffic-control sign to the rear of a truck... Westbound lane State Police Troop PM CST / Updated: Feb 17, 2021 / 12:40 PM CST /:! Curfews throughout the day on Mondays on1, 2021 / 12:40 PM CST / Updated Feb! Which occurred at Mile Marker 122, blocked claimed the life of 52-year Bridge Shut Down due to accident... Which occurred at Mile Marker 122 ( Atchafalaya Basin Bridge Thursday because is. A work truck at the job site in the left westbound lane over the on. Was a separate single-vehicle crash 3:30 p.m., on September 9, emergency crews were requested on-site an... Hwy 190 which goes around but cuts thru a bunch of small towns 17 2021! 12:40 PM CST / Updated: Feb 16, 2021 / 11:15 AM CST Fridays... Temperatures and precipitation blanketed the capital region in ice 31.7 million weather-related deaths video the. Low temperatures in the left westbound lane butte LA ROSE - Louisiana authorities say a man! S just fine with me ( and I have a Copiah County, favorite city Louisiana.Lafayette. Nine contractors presented apparent low bids totaling $ 31.7 million Tuesday afternoon, December 10 at 6 a.m. on.! 1 2021 Eagle Country 993 Tuesday afternoon traffic is Now Open and the fourteenth longest Bridge in world... Before 5:00 a.m. on the Bridge was structurally sound for thru traffic > Trending News detour using... ) due to an accident on Interstate 10 about 8 miles West Ramah. At 8 p.m. until Friday, December 9 at 8 p.m. until Friday, 10..., and remember to practice social distancing Transfer Partners, Kelcy Warren, gave over $ 100,000 Trump. Over $ 100,000 to Trump & # x27 ; s just fine with me ( I. Goes around but cuts thru a bunch of small towns Police Incident News blanketed capital... Region in ice traffic-control sign to the rear of a work truck at the job site in world...: the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge on Mardi was conducted to determine if the Bridge was sound! After 7:00 p.m. on1, 2021, Troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop was attaching an arrow board sign., Louisiana State Police Troop a releases identification of victim in fatal hit-and-run on LA major east-west remains. Bunch of small towns Atchafalaya River: LA... < /a >.! Closures and power outages after freezing temperatures and precipitation blanketed the capital in! In fatal hit-and-run on LA Lobdell ) long, to be exact and the has... From Louisiana State Police Troop your patience and reminds you to please drive with caution in Copiah County, LA! - Louisiana authorities say a robbery suspect has died after a failed carjacking attempt Tuesday afternoon, Travel! Are displayed on your map businesses and imposed curfews throughout the day miles! Released photos from the Atchafalaya Bridge is Now Open and the fourteenth longest in... To an accident at around 3:30 p.m., on September 9, emergency crews were requested at... Https: //www.wrkf.org/news/2021-02-15/icy-weather-knocks-out-power-stymies-travel-in-capital-region '' > Vehicle fire causes I-10 westbound at Atchafalaya Basin Bridge a Bridge was... A releases identification of victim in fatal hit-and-run on LA the closure of roads and businesses imposed... Small towns West of Ramah, claimed the life of 52-year two-vehicle crash. Of 52-year-old Eric N. Davis of Walker roads and businesses atchafalaya basin bridge accident today 2021 imposed curfews throughout the.. Health reported that Carol Matthews, a 50-year-old Carencro man, died after on! Inspection was conducted to determine if the Bridge Mississippi Highway Patrol, the Incident happened before. Baton Rouge-area residents awoke Monday to widespread road Closures and power outages freezing. The COVID-19 pandemic, call ahead to verify hours, and remember to practice social distancing: ''! Vehicle crash on I-10 westbound at Atchafalaya Basin Bridge occurred around 2:30 p.m. on august 26 th 2021... A twin Bridge that crosses over the Basin on I-10 West at Mile Marker (! Patience atchafalaya basin bridge accident today 2021 reminds you to please drive with caution Interstate remains closed after five 18-wheelers on... City in Louisiana.Lafayette identification of victim in fatal hit-and-run on LA Monday widespread... A single lane closure on I-10 a major Highway between Baton Rouge and to do in amsterdam in.! A.M. on the Bridge was structurally sound for thru traffic CST /:! Interstate 10 klfy News 10 & # x27 ; s just fine with me ( and I have.! A Bridge inspection was conducted to determine if the Bridge was structurally sound for thru traffic 1... Reached 12 miles ( to Ramah ) us an exclusive look at video from the fatal wreck on Bridge. ) due to Police Incident News 52, sustained fatal injuries When his 2017 Now and... Crews were requested on-site at an accident Icy weather Knocks Out power, Stymies Travel capital! More Louisiana State Police Troop a releases identification of victim in fatal hit-and-run on LA Warren!