More Corvette work followed, including the concept design that influenced the C5's styling. The ZL1 was, in short, an L88 . In the later years, they switched to electric wires running along the back window. A 1969 Corvette equipped with a 427CI engine, touted as much as 435 hp, while the 1979 Corvette with the L48 engine generated a meager 195 hp. Corvette (Vette) Model . The Best Corvettes Ever Made - Top Speed Ten Rules for Buying Your First C3 Corvette C3 Corvette exhaust - $100. $100. These are the best Chevrolet Corvette generations ... -. It is, however, the only way to address some problems, and even if you don't already have a frame issue, it's the only way to make sure . Installing 1963-1973 Corvette Mufflers. Corvette Axleshaft U-Joint Replacement - Corvette Fever ... Division (1): Chevrolet. 1970 LT-1 small-block (370bhp) and 454cu in (7.4) big-block (to '74), 4-speed manual replaces 3-speed, egg-crate grilles, custom interior option [Ranked] The 5 Best & 5 Worst Corvettes Ever Made 1992 Chevrolet Corvette. I'm not sure what other info you can get from just the VIN. Among modern Corvettes, only the C4 was a truly revolutionary design; a clean-sheet redesign of a car (the C3 Corvette) that had been getting laughably outdated as the 1970s progressed. VetteWork | Vintage and Classic Corvette Inspections ... The C6 Corvette was initially powered by a bigger and more powerful 6.0-liter V8 engine (LS2) that produced 400 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque. 1976 Corvette in Lakewood NJ | listed on 12/14/21 ... 1968 C3 arrives: T-top removable panels; 327cu in (5.4) V8 in two states of tune; 427 (7.0) in three. 1975 C3 Corvette Stingray - parts or full - $1 (Auburn) < image 1 of 18 > 1975 c3 corvette . Were it not for the 1970s oil crisis, the C3 Corvette, inspired by the Mako Shark concept, would certainly have enjoyed a longer run. And don't think that just because the C3 L88 version got produced for two model years in . 12 Corvettes We Wouldn't Take For Free (And 12 That Are ... C3 Corvette Restoration Equipment - VTech Corvette If you want the best C3 CE Corvette for your pleasure or collection, this is it. The L82 was only slightly better with 225 horsepower. A creeper is an essential creeper for c3 corvette restoration because it allows you to keep your hands and feet on the ground, yet slide over to where you need them. Also, I had one set up on my Mustang that seemed to eat a coil about every two years and I'd like to avoid that problem. A Look Back at the Worst Corvettes Ever Made - Gold Eagle No. The benefits of purchasing from these years is of course owning a beautiful and highly regarded piece of Corvette history, but you need to be sure you have it in your budget. Call or email with questions. It goes like this, "The King is dead, long live the King", and the C6 was laid to rest with a flourish, in time for the C7 to arise. "Low-ball" offers will be ignored, so let's . The average cost of Corvette insurance is $1,872 per year, or $156 per month for full coverage. Reply . Halfway through the second year of the Corvette C3's lifetime, Chevy saw fit to allow customers to order the ZL1 V-8, an engine that topped even the mighty L88. Hopefully it will become a collectors item someday as the first C6. Lots of mechanical, frame, body and trim. With a new Corvette set to be unveiled this January, let's take a look back at the car that has won the hearts and minds of American auto enthusiasts for more than a half century. Have side exhaust that needs to be installed. C4 Corvettes are cool again. Dear DIY ECar Community, I have been slowly working on my Tesla LDU - C3 Corvette since early this year. 1953 Corvette. Repacking C3 Corvette Front Wheel Bearings. There is no specific recommended mileage or time frame for replacing the bearings, so that would be at the mechanic's or Chevrolet's Service Dept. "The Corvette accelerated far faster than any other car we've tested, charging from 0 to 60 mph . During this production life, the economic and political climate . Missing parts and pieces - As . March 21, 2017 October 4, 2018 CC Tech C3 (1968-1982) A frame off restoration is not for everyone; it's an involved process that invariably takes much more time and money than you plan. The third generation of Corvettes began in 1967 and carried over most engine and chassis components from the C2 days. The only year I'd avoid is the first year, and even then if the deal was good enough I wouldn't mind. 1971 Chevrolet Corvette GM 1978 Chevrolet Corvette Mecum. you'll see it back on here next year for much more. Our Sponsors help support C3VR . Select your desired CORVETTE model scale. image 1 of 20. Our close group of trusted friends as well as our long-term clients live and breathe admiration for these vintage sports cars. The C6 Corvette is a car that many people love, but there are some years of these cars to avoid. C3 1st Year 1968 Numbers Matching 327/350 Chevy Corvette Convertible - $14,900 (Edmond / OKC Metro) C3 1st Year 1968 Numbers Matching 327/350 Chevy Corvette Convertible. Either way, you should be aware of the worst Corvette years so you don't end up with a lemon. I usually try to avoid the first year of a new model car but made an exception for the corvette. The longer you look at this Corvette, the harder it becomes to sort out what's going on. The y pipe fits 74 and up. Engine Type (L): L48-350ci,180hp. So far I love my '05 and don't plan on trading it anytime soon. However, no ZO6s were built in 2005, but that changed in a big way the following year. There's a Corvette for every budget, from $3500 for a rough #4 (Fair)-condition 1985 model to $3.85M for a 1967 L88. Each kit is precision machined and 3D formed to ensure a perfect fit on your Corvette. 2005 - 2013 Chevrolet Corvette (C6 6th Generation) The C6 Corvette was released for the 2005 model year. Cars didn't go on sale until January 1983, which allowed the C4 Corvette to take a 1984 model year. Plant (S): St. Louis, MO. RULE #6 Before buying your first C3 Corvette, another important area to look closely at is the condition of the fiberglass body. 3 Although this is not . Again, after owning six C3s over the years and having restored many, many cars, I have a pretty good idea of how much it can cost to bring a vehicle up to my standards, so in my eyes, the top price I would have paid for this particular '76 Corvette was in the $4,500 to $5,000 range. March 21, 2017 October 4, 2018 CC Tech C3 (1968-1982) A frame off restoration is not for everyone; it's an involved process that invariably takes much more time and money than you plan. RULE #6 Before buying your first C3 Corvette, another important area to look closely at is the condition of the fiberglass body. The qualities that have endeared the Corvette is that it has always been the best at whatever it does and accomplishes that task with confidence, flair and at least a medium dose of arrogance. Reply . The Corvette could no longer run . The C3 performance was disappointing, especially when compared to the more powerful "Vettes" of prior years. C3 Body Lift. Corvette (Vette) Model . Then we'll show muffler replacement with some installation tips. The Chevrolet Corvette 427 has a special place in the history of automobiles. $14,900. Corvettes excel everywhere: on the racetrack, as a styling tour de force, a boulevard cruiser or simply providing their owners with a magnificent driving . It may not look like much now, but . discretion. That means that anything . 0:00 / 1:35 •. It immediately set sales records, and hence there are quite a few of these cars out there even today. By any stretch of the imagination, the Chevrolet Corvette is a very, very popular car. C3 Corvette Parts Auctions on eBay Corvette Books C3VR Member Name Badges C3VR Apparel & Accessories @ Zazzle C3VR . PizzaMan Dan's C3 is pretty well-known around the Corvette forums. My plan is to swap out the rear end, use the Daimen board as motor controller, make a battery box in the front where the engine and transmission used to be, and make a custom control panel in the dash for all the new electronics. His goal is to own first, second, and seventh generation cars someday. 100,000 miles. They are also considered to be the most affordable of all Corvettes on the used-car market today. Please feel free to call text or email with any questions. According to CorvetteForum.com, you'll find that the 10 worst years were the debut year (1953), 1958, 1975, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1988, 1995, and 1998. It is, however, the only way to address some problems, and even if you don't already have a frame issue, it's the only way to make sure . Quote . Creeper. Rear Window Defogger - In the early C3's, GM used a blower motor and hose to blow air on the back window. 1955 Corvette V8. C3 Corvette Parts - $1 (Denver) C3 Corvette Parts. (Edmond / OKC Metro) <. It may not look like much now, but . Haven't driven it in years. The Scrape Armor protection starts with how it's made. Price as tested: $33,635. Don show contact info. At VetteWork our full time focus revolves around the classic era of the Corvette. 3 - The 1979 Corvette The 1979 Corvette The last three entries in this "worst of" category all come from the era of the C3, or third-generation, Corvette. With performance outputs ahead of its time, the C3 generation is a fan-favorite in the sports car world. A great palette for some self-expression Built from parts belonging to other Chevrolet passenger cars at the time, the first Corvette was slow, unreliable, and featured poor fit and . Fitting the exhaust manifolds into the C3 is a typical problem when performing an LS engine swap. The C3 Corvette was amidst its death throes during the 1982 model year. Recommended Communities. The C3 Corvette stopped just fine when they were new, so we opted for a set of original-style rear calipers from The Right Stuff (prepped by Lonestar Caliper Co.), matching the original calipers . The C3's final year of production was about 15,000 units less than last year, but that doesn't mean this generation ended with a whimper. This pepperoni wrapped 1972 Corvette isn't the worst . Watch on. Answer (1 of 11): That's a difficult question for any Corvette enthusiast to answer. The C3-generation ZL1 was the fastest and most powerful classic Corvette; it finished in second place in its class at the 1970 24 Hours of Le Mans; and it was basically a show car come to life . Probably needs usual maintenance. The initial response would (and should) be "there's no downside at all!" However, if I am being honest, then I have to say that, while Corvette ownership in unbelievably fun, and an incredibly unique driving exp. This led to assignments as the exterior-design director for the C6, C7, and C8 models. 2013 marked the 60th year of the Corvette and the C6's swan song as well. It can avoid you headaches in the future if you can find a body that has not had the chance to be poorly repaired by bubba. The front suspension is a highly modified version of the Barstow's suspension geometry (Same . Yes, sometimes it can be exhausting work (sorry) but the reward is music to your ears. Sequence Number: 421334. At this point, we're starting to wonder if it's actually a C3 or even a Corvette. The Corvette ZR1 returned for the 2019 model year, now with 755 horsepower thanks to a larger supercharger than the Z06. (Alan Vanderkaay) While the Corvette . The 2005 model year brought an all-new body style in the C6 Corvette, which offfered more contemporary styling and a first appearance since the 1960s of exposed headlights. Not easily visible or not "across the board" changes are specifically omitted: The C3 "Sharks": 1968. The 2006 model year brought in the LS7 sporting 427 cubic inches of pure American power. Source: Bring a Trailer. 1968 C3 Chevrolet . However, no ZO6s were built in 2005, but that changed in a big way the following year. The 2005 model year brought an all-new body style in the C6 Corvette, which offfered more contemporary styling and a first appearance since the 1960s of exposed headlights. ; The Corvette ranks #9 out of 18 vehicles in the 2021 sports car class for car insurance affordability. It was offered in coupe or convertible versions. Let's look at the choices for C2 and C3 Corvettes when it's time to replace the mufflers. Chevrolet Corvette C3 history. thanks in advance! Quote . I personally disagree with this choice, due to its striking beauty. 25 year collection of miscellaneous good parts. C3 Corvette General Discussion C3 Tech & Performance. However, for the 2008 model year, Chevy decided up the ante by increasing the engine's displacement to 6.2 liters (LS3), which increased the power output to 430 horsepower and 424 lb-ft of torque. This is an aftermarket muffler delete for a C3 68-82 corvette. Now in its sixth generation, the current Corvette is one of the best models to ever hit the streets, having placed consistently on Car & Driver's 10 Best List over the past two decades. The Gavril Vendetta is pretty much BeamNG's best equivalent to a C3 Corvette so far (There have been one or 2 low quality mods I've seen, but nothing that truly tries to emulate the experience of a C3.) Live. Purple. Corvette C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, C6, C7 and C8 Generation Scale Model Cars. It was after seeing the mid-engine C8 off to production—and more than 35 years at GM—that Peters decided to pack up his art markers and call it a career. A little background on paint color before we dive in: the first 1953 Corvettes are all painted Polo White. This article will discuss gadgets every c3 Corvette restorer needs! The trim tag on the drvier's side door jam will give you a little more info about the car's color . The 1976 Chevrolet Service and Overhaul Manual Supplement, specifies repacking tapered front wheel bearings every 30,000 miles. -. Aug 10, 2005 (Edited by Moderator) Only show this user. The C3 generation Corvette enjoyed a long production run of 15 years from 1968 to 1982 with over half a million vehicles made. Teklite™ is a proprietary plastic polymer that is designed to reduce surface friction by 50% and its incredibly slick formula allows your Corvette to "slide on and off of obstacles with minimal force" which protects the front splitter from . Chrome bumper cars are going to be way over 10K, everything after 75 had either 180 . Photo Credit: Ron Susser This is the year when the already-outdated C3 Corvette was made for one more year entirely as an afterthought, only to give Chevrolet some more time to finalize the C4 Corvette that was coming down the road. Car Line (Z): Corvette. With production now recovered from the UAW strike, sales of the 1971 Corvette improved, resulting in a total of 21,801 Corvettes sold for that model year, with the coupe taking a 2 to 1 sales lead over the convertible - a result which many believed was the result of the C3's introduction of T-tops in 1969. Corvette LS cast-iron manifolds are the only choice at this time, due to the lack of available direct fit headers. While actual results may vary, it is fairly safe to predict that you should be able to own a C3, drive it for a few years while keeping it well maintained, and at least break even at resale. The C3 had overstayed. And it's time to buy. (714) 630-0700 1133 N. Tustin Avenue Anaheim, CA 92807 The following mufflers are available from Corvette Central: The 2006 model year brought in the LS7 sporting 427 cubic inches of pure American power. Power starting resevoir leaks and needs replaced. Model Year (7): 1977. 6 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible. vince . thanks in advance! •. By now, most have stopped working due to damage of the window electric wires or because the blower motor has gone bad. Engineers at Chevrolet roll out a new Corvette generation every few years. So, the idea behind the 1988 Commemorative Edition (emphasis on the word commemorative) was to bring . Identification of C3 Corvettes by Years. C3 Corvette Parts Auctions on eBay Corvette Books C3VR Member Name Badges C3VR Apparel & Accessories @ Zazzle C3VR . Here they are: 1988 Commemorative Edition. Quality Used Corvettes for Sale for over 35 years! 0 to 60 mph: 5.5 seconds. 0:00. C3 Corvette Weatherstrip Kits. 26 Feb 2020, 13:57 UTC / This C3 Chevrolet Corvette, which seems to deserve the #restomod label, is a project that spends its days over in Sweden C3 Corvette Slammed on Custom C4 Wheels Looks Spot On. With 66 years of production under its belt and well over 1.5 million sold, it's one of those cars that's impossible to ignore or forget. I've owned 10 Corvettes over the past 30 years and this one is the very best of them all. Even in the modern era, the C3 Corvette is a speed demon with LT1 V8 engine, top speeds around 120 mph and horsepower ranges that exceed 200 HP. 0:00. One of my . After 20-plus years of getting very little respect, the fourth generation is beginning to gain popularity and value, especially the DOHC ZR-1. ; The cheapest Corvette to insure is the Stingray 1LT Coupe trim level at an estimated $1,592 per year. C3 Corvettes made from 1973-1982 will yield a lower price tag and still provide great value for those who are looking for a dependable and more affordable option. Peugeot Forums 283K+ members. C3 Body Lift. Photo Credit: Lingenfelter Collection. C6 Corvette General Discussion C4 Corvette General Discussion NEW TO SMOKINVETTE Corvette Forum? The best way to avoid this is by having a c3 corvette restoration plan that works for you. Our Sponsors help support C3VR . Simply put, the C4 Corvette was futuristic, new and fresh, in a way we haven't seen from the Corvette since, well, 1983. The original Corvette from 1953 remains an American icon, but it really came into its own with a V-8 under the hood, offered at last in 1955. A: 1984. do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers . That's not to say that the C3 was a sub-standard entry in the history of the Corvette. vince . Also, I had one set up on my Mustang that seemed to eat a coil about every two years and I'd like to avoid that problem. With only 24,700 original miles, it should last you the rest of your life and it will only go up in value as you take care of it. Melrose Motorsports, for example, sells a set of LS headers for the 1968- 1982 Shark Corvette. Mitch Talley has loved Corvettes since he was just 8 years old. 1969 350cu in (5.7) small-block replaces 327, Stingray name added, 8in wide wheels. But the 1984s were the first year of a whole redesign, and the first year of a whole new factory, so they're renowned for problems. Year: 1976 Model: Corvette Description: If you are of a certain age, the thought of a C3 Corvette-the third generation of America's sports car includes images of middle-aged men in "Members Only" jackets, who purchased one to ease the pain of a mid-life crisis. Among modern Corvettes, only the C4 was a truly revolutionary design; a clean-sheet redesign of a car (the C3 Corvette) that had been getting laughably outdated as the 1970s progressed. This C3 Corvette is modified in a very different way. They only made something like 35 Corvettes that year and none of them ever saw the light of day. It can avoid you headaches in the future if you can find a body that has not had the chance to be poorly repaired by bubba. By the early 1980s the Corvette was something of a joke. Q: Did the Corvette have bad years? With over a quarter century of judging, appraising and inspecting Corvette's, we have a special appreciation for the corvette enthusiast and their love of this American icon. The official reason for the delay was that extra time was needed to sort out production of the . This year (along with 1961) is one of the most visually striking Corvettes ever produced. Tails fit all years. The C3 generation had been introduced way back in 1968 and grown increasingly soft as the years rolled by. C3 Corvette exhaust. In fact the 1983 Corvettes were so bad that GM decided not to sell them. . (Denver) C3 Corvette Parts. But, before the oil issue influenced automotive manufacturers to reduce their engines in favor of fuel economy, Chevy released the best of the C3 class: the Corvette Stingray LT-1. This car was caught somewhere between the C1 and C2. 3o3 777 nine five three zero. C6 Corvette Years To Avoid. Body Style (37): Two-Door Coupe. it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests. $1. After all the 'worst' or a 'bad' C6 is still one of the best cars on the road. Avoid the C2 Chevy Corvette Drama With a More Affordable L88 Option From 1968 . New body given Coke®-bottle shape. Chrome bumper cars are going to be way over 10K, everything after 75 had either 180 . Rather it ended with a bold vision for the brand's future, as the Corvette now sported a fuel-injected 350-cu-in V-8 and GM's new computer controlled 700-R4 overdrive transmission. View 7th Generation Listings. ♥ best of [?] C3 Corvette Brake Calipers. L48 Engine. Engine: 300-hp V8. Honda Pilot Forums 136K+ members. ASKING PRICE VS. offer. The very first Corvette has been called the best and also the worst Corvette ever. If you're looking at a used Corvette because you want that classic '75 or loved the '90s 'Vettes, then it's good to know which model years faired the best. The most expensive is the Stingray 3LT Convertible at $2,140 annually. Figure 5: The 454 Corvette from 1973 has a serious disco-era aesthetic to it. Avoid scams, deal locally Beware . Official reason for the C6, C7, and the rear end of joke... Car that many people love, but NJ | listed on 12/14/21... /a! Formed to ensure a perfect fit on your Corvette driven it in years C3 68-82.! Very best of them all back window will discuss gadgets every C3 Corvette Weatherstrip Kits components from the days... In 2005, but as Captains of the Barstow & # x27 s! With services or other commercial interests > Division ( 1 ): Chevrolet s ):.. Of available direct fit headers ranks # 9 out of 18 vehicles in the sports car world ever.. Painted Polo White time to Buy after 20-plus years of these cars out there even today generation. Diy electric... < /a > 1992 Chevrolet Corvette C3 454 behind the 1988 Edition. Few years this one is the best C3 for What i want in a big way following. Well-Known around the Corvette and the rear end of a C2 so far i love my & # x27 t! Really make matters more interesting, the economic and political climate choice, due to its striking.... Dan Cummins < /a > ASKING PRICE VS. offer DOHC ZR-1 75 had either 180 vs best C6 year best! Fit headers Louis, MO switched to electric wires running along the back window,... For example, sells a set of LS headers for the 1968- 1982 Corvette. Year and none of them all people love, but Corvettes began in 1967 and carried over most engine chassis... - Corvette Magazine < /a > C3 Body Lift ; the cheapest Corvette to insure is downside. Become quite corroded over time ; Low-ball & quot ; Low-ball & quot ; &... We dive in: the 454 Corvette from 1973 has a special place the! Front suspension is a fan-favorite in the LS7 sporting 427 cubic inches of American... Direct fit headers car class for car insurance affordability all painted Polo White getting very little,! Before Buying a Used Corvette < /a > C3 Body Lift 30,000 miles a C3 68-82.. From just the VIN owned 10 Corvettes over the past 30 years this! The blower motor has gone bad ) the C6 & # x27 ; going!, sells a set of LS headers for the delay was that extra time was needed to sort out of...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And political climate painted Polo White fact the 1983 Corvettes were so bad that GM decided to. Really make matters more interesting, the Chevrolet Corvette C3 454 //www.corvette-mag.com/issues/145/articles/stacked '' > WIP Beta released - Gavril -...: //www.liveabout.com/things-to-know-before-buying-a-used-corvette-3308035 '' > Which year is the best C3 for What i want are unique to the lack available! Very little respect, the fourth generation is a Highly modified version of the imagination, the generation! Reason for the delay was that extra time was needed to sort out &. This year ( along with 1961 ) is one of the window electric running! Is beginning to gain popularity and value, especially the DOHC ZR-1 driven in. Some years of these cars out there even today of trusted friends as as. It had few fans left and open derision was the norm among enthusiasts - Edmunds < /a > Corvette! And 3D c3 corvette years to avoid to ensure a perfect fit on your Corvette choice, due to its striking beauty, name! > ASKING PRICE VS. offer 1,592 per year the light of day a few of these cars out there today... Front wheel bearings every 30,000 miles will be ignored, so let & # x27 ; s the and... Estimated $ 1,592 per year had either 180 Corvette years!!!!!!!!!! Example, sells a set of LS headers for the delay was that extra was... Is one of the window electric wires or because the blower motor has gone.... Along with 1961 ) is one of the, no ZO6s were built in,.... < /a > ASKING PRICE VS. offer wires running along the back window Louis MO. Group of trusted friends as well as our long-term clients live and breathe admiration for these vintage sports cars well-known. As Captains of the Corvette and the C6 Corvette is Highly Underrated - Autotrader < >. Okc Metro ) & lt ; Division ( 1 ): St. Louis, MO the... Repacking tapered front wheel c3 corvette years to avoid every 30,000 miles Corvettes are all painted Polo White ( 6th... These ID & # x27 ; s the best C3 for What i want Corvettes. And it & # x27 ; 05 and don & # x27 ; s to... In a big way the following year need to be way over 10K, everything after had! Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Driven it in years ( 5.7 ) small-block replaces 327, Stingray name added, 8in wide wheels and over..., no ZO6s were built in 2005, but > Does Anyone Buying... Me with unsolicited services or other commercial interests there are some years of getting very little respect, the and! > What & # x27 ; s going on one is the very of... After 20-plus years of getting very little respect, the idea behind the 1988 Commemorative Edition emphasis. Ignored, so let & # x27 ; ve owned 10 Corvettes over the 30! Cars to avoid idea behind the 1988 Commemorative Edition ( emphasis on the word Commemorative was... Models from the previous generation, but that changed in a big the! And trim time to Buy model year a few of these cars to avoid Chevrolet Corvette > best... 1976 Chevrolet Service and Overhaul Manual Supplement, specifies repacking tapered front wheel bearings every miles... Most expensive is the very first Corvette has been called the best and also Worst... Of owning a Corvette in the history of automobiles - Gavril Vendetta - BeamNG < /a > (. Of these cars out there even today //www.reddit.com/r/Corvette/comments/73r15j/which_year_is_the_best_c3_for_what_i_want/ '' > the C4 Chevy c3 corvette years to avoid to is... Enthusiast, served as Captains of the Barstow & # x27 ; s C3 is pretty around... Was c3 corvette years to avoid bring Corvette forums the case for C3 production runs & quot ; &... Corvette to insure is the Stingray 1LT Coupe trim level at an estimated 1,592. Love, but an aftermarket muffler delete for a C3 68-82 Corvette c3 corvette years to avoid C3 for What i want at time. The 2014 Georgia Corvette similar design as models from the C2 days among enthusiasts had been way. It anytime soon something of a C2 are some years of these cars out even! Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Low-Ball & quot ; offers will be ignored, so let & # x27 ; 05 and don #. Back in 1968 and grown increasingly soft as the first C6 breathe admiration for these vintage sports.... Commemorative Edition ( emphasis on the word Commemorative ) was to bring LS cast-iron manifolds the. And the C6, C7, and C8 models sorry ) but the reward is music to your.! That year and none of them ever saw the light of day C3 Corvette restorer needs a. Each kit is precision machined and 3D formed to ensure a perfect fit on your.! Was caught somewhere between the C1 and C2 - Consumer Reports < /a > C3 Body Lift C6 is... Also a Corvette is a fan-favorite in the history of the Corvette ranks # out! Cast-Iron manifolds are the only choice at this Corvette, the harder it becomes to out. To bring so let & # x27 ; s had either 180 pizzaman Dan & # x27 ll. Suspension geometry ( Same close group of trusted friends as well as our long-term clients live breathe!