dewalt string trimmer problems - Master in International ... Comes with 1 20v 5AH battery and charger. It features a large 17″ cutting area powered by a virtual maintenance-free 60V brushless motor. Dewalt Charger High Pitched Noise Problems. Most users who end up with this issue are no longer able to start up their string trimmer. DeWalt DCST972X1 string trimmer review: design and build quality ... it feels like it could stand up to heavy used and rough treatment without problems. This is one of the most common issues that you are bound to run into if you are using the DeWalt string trimmer. Where can I find manuals, part lists, and diagrams? DEWALT DeWALT DCST970X1 (Type 1) 60v String Trimmer Parts. A Dewalt charger has LED indicators, and each of these lights has its own meaning. Add to Favorites. FAQs – DEWALT If the ports on the trimmer are clogged with grass or dirt, clean them out and wipe any debris from the line remaining on the spool. We can also show you what might be causing those problems and how to fix them easily and affordably. In Stock, 25+ available. Concerning DEWALT, and indeed most companies, the terms “weed eater” and “string trimmer” are used interchangeably. DEWALT String Trimmer This battery holds a longer charge and offers a higher power level than smaller batteries. £85.06 postage. Starting problems are most often the result of the fuel or the spark from the plug. Not only is the battery huge, but its cutting width is also sizable at 15 inches. 2 batteries are necessary so you can get in a good work session, but otherwise I love it. / each. This is the head that came on my DCST970X1S. Have had the Dewalt 20 v max xr brushless string trimmer for 10 months, works well, just used it for 30 min, then charged battery, cleaned the head etc, restrung it and then placed battery back on and then pulling the throttle the head rotates 1 cm one way the bounces back the other way and stops. We recommend that you start by checking … DEWALT DCST922B is relatively quiet – it’s a lot more quiet than gas string trimmers and quieter than most electric ones. This is a compatible part and not OEM. I received a Type 4. The DEWALT DCST972X1 60V String Trimmer is an excellent trimmer with high-end power. swath. Ergonomics. With a cutting diameter of 33 centimetres, the Dewalt Cordless Brushless Line Trimmer handles large lawns and gardens with ease. Overall when using the string trimmer the vibration is low and because it is not an engine strapped to your back. $4.45 Part Number: 90635381. I had a gas trimmer before (and pleased with the torque/power of it) but did not like transporting it in my car where the gas can spill all over. The DEWALT 20-Volt MAX 4 Ah String Trimmer provides precise power control with a variable speed trigger as well as performance and run time management with the High/Low speed control switch. texarkana, ar. Best String Trimmer for Large Yards For DIYers with larger yards, the Ryobi RY253SS is a fantastic option. This gas-powered model has a 25cc full-crank engine, which Ryobi claims gives it twice the lifespan of an average cordless trimmer. The string lasts much better than others I have used so this isn't a huge problem. Number Four – DeWalt Flex-Volt Brushless String Trimmer Review. 3. More colors. Power for your style. The trigger may also not fully recoil upon releasing it. It "feeds" itself very well in automatic "non-bump" trimmer. The 20V MAX Cordless String Trimmer features a gear drive transmission design to amplify torque when powering through overgrowth. DeWalt currently makes 3 string trimmers. DeWalt DCHT820B Hedge Trimmer. Here are the best replacement string trimmer heads you can buy in 2021: Best Overall: Husqvarna 966674401 T25. 10 Best Cordless Weed Trimmers Reviews in 2021. While the company makes a few Flexvolt products, the string trimmer in the line is an incredible mix of form and function. The trimmer pictured is a Type 1,2,or 3. Brushless String Trimmer DCST920P1 . DeWALT DCST922B 20V MAX 14-Inch Cordless Dual Line String Trimmer - Bare Tool The first DEWALT string trimmer to break down is the Flexvolt. This DeWalt 40-volt, battery string trimmer has a straight shaft and weighs 11.4 lbs. This DeWalt 20-volt, battery string trimmer has a straight shaft and weighs 8.5 lbs. Same problem, observed on first use after purchase. Though this is a downside to this trimmer, it is an easily remedied shortcoming. (881) $298. Found a spec grass When I removed the Spindle Lock Plate, found a very twisted piece of string & grass debris. (25) 25 product ratings - DeWalt OEM 90601087 (3-PK) replacement string trimmer spool DCST920 DCST990. Compatible with DEWALT cordless string trimmers. The String Trimmer Attachment has an adjustable cutting swath – 14 in. For example, the problem has never manifested itself while using the battery in the string trimmer, but if you switch out the head for the edger or hedge trimmer, both of which exert a much greater load because you have more resistance on the tool, it can cause the problem. View our support section for warranty info, product manuals and FAQs, find a service center, or to contact DEWALT customer support. The Toro 51484 is easily the best battery operated weed eater for many reasons. To begin with, it is a cordless, battery-powered trimmer that is easily rechargeable, so you can achieve maximum operation through its use. This high-power output allows it to tackle thick weeds and grasses that other electric trimmers can’t deal with. DEWALT's string trimmers, lawn mowers, blowers, hedge trimmer, pole saw, and edger are backed with a Three-Year Limited Warranty. At that point, the battery is never the same. String Trimmer features This 20-Volt MAX 14 in. The string cuts very well & outperforms most others on heavy grass & stalky weeds. Can the motor be rebuilt or would it be cheaper to junk it. It doesn’t feel like it’s that heavy thanks to the neutral balance, but there are lighter options available. Get the electric trimmer to match the batteries you have. To inspect the drive cable, remove the engine assembly from the shaft and look to see if the cable is in its proper place. View Details. Where can I find manuals, part lists, and diagrams? Start Date. Due to the tool not turning on, they can’t use it in any way possible. When the string clears the object it straightens out again. If the drive cable is broken or detached, the trimmer head will not spin. Best For Line Protection: MaxPower PivoTrim Universal Replacement 3317233. 5 out of 5 stars. Holding the string trimmer in its normal position, rotate the shaft until the guard is up and you have a clear line of sight to the string. Tool weight 8.5lbs. There are instances wherein a Dewalt charger would make high-pitched noises when attached to a battery for charging. when pulling throttle, … DEWALT String Trimmer Instruction Manual. Fits all DEWALT Cordless string trimmers. This is a genuine Dewalt replacement part designed for use with a variety of power tools. PowerSmart String Trimmer, 20V Li-Ion Cordless String Trimmer, Cordless Trimmer with 12-INCH Cutting Diameter, 2-in-1 Cordless Edger Trimmer, 7.5 pounds, Height Adjustable, PS76112A. It features a large 17 ″ cutting area powered by a virtual maintenance-free 60V brushless motor. However, these tools are must-haves for any professional or DIYer. This 20-Volt Max String Trimmer kit is a value-filled combo to tackle your outdoor projects. The DeWalt 20v max trimmer had no problems clearing heavy weed growth in the drainages that run through the property. £539.95. The DEWALT string trimmer has a 60V MAX* 3Ah Lithium-Ion Battery. If you have a shoulder strap you should definitely use it. If it is not, it might be the capacitator of the battery itself that is the problem. Recently, it has stopped operating. We bought a Ryobi cordless trimmer, model #RY40002, with 40 volt battery. DCST920B DCST920P1. DEWALT will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. X3 on a cordless string trimmer. It's a bit higher priced than some of its competition, though it comes with either a 4.0 or 6.0 amp hour battery. for maximizing run-time and 16 in. Here's my old thread if you get bored. Cents. The patented gear drive design provides more torque and maintains cut speed under load, while the dual-line bump feed head clears a full 13 in. All two-cycle string trimmers run on a gas and oil mixture. Number Four – DeWalt Flex-Volt Brushless String Trimmer Review. The D… 19 sold. We like straight shaft. I have a Ryobi 18V string trimmer and have no problems with it, although I'm sure a gas powered one would be more powerful. This cordless string trimmer is … The QuickLoad™ Spool allows for fast and easy line replacement of 0.080 in. It is designed in house and produced right here in the USA using the strongest PETG plastics. 99. line with 14 in. 4 out of 5 stars. The 20V MAX 14 in. Negative: Not much more durable than others when used as "edger" string. Brushless motor which allows for more power and longer battery time. And. Then after the button engages, secure the pieces together with the wing nut. The trimmer line might be the wrong size. Line diameter: 0.065 inches; Cutting swath 12 inches. QuickLoad spool feature allows for fast and easy reloading of line with a twist of the cap. This bundle includes a string trimmer blower and extra battery pack. Part Number: 682211-00. It uses dual 0.080 or 0.095-inch cutting lines on a 15-inch diameter head. Massey Fergerson 135, TYM 554. C $117.39 shipping. I’ve used all three and I decided the 60 volt Flex-Volt was the one I should buy for this test. I'm completely blown away by how well they all held up. String Trimmer features an innovative folding hinge mechanism that reduces the length by 41% for accessible storage and quick portability. Title. DeWalt currently makes 3 string trimmers. Cordless String Trimmers. DeWalt 20v String Trimmer Specifications: 20V battery. It has brushless motor with 2 speed settings: 4,600 & 6,000 RPM. DeWALT DCST970X1S 60V MAX Li-Ion Flex Volt Brushless 15" String Trimmer KIT, L.N. Even though it is cordless and electric, it has quite a bit of oomph. (120) 120 product ratings - DeWalt 20V Max 13" Electric Cordless Li-Ion Dual Line String Trimmer (Tool Only) ILS 281.36. or Best Offer. DEWALT 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless String Trimmer and Blower Combo Kit (2-Tool) with 4Ah Battery and Charger. Noise. After using the DeWalt folding string trimmer for just a short while I sold my gasoline powered trimmer and haven’t looked back. Dewalt Charger LED Indicators Problems. Hi/Low setting and a variable speed trigger. Used in high rpm electric trimmer. DEWALT String Trimmer, DCST925 and DCBL720 Combo Kit (DCKO975M1) Greenworks G-MAX 40V Cordless String Trimmer and Leaf Blower Combo Pack, 2.0Ah Battery and Charger Included STBA40B210, Green/Black BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX String Trimmer / Edger and Sweeper Combo Kit, 10-Inch (LCC222) C $337.72. a 20-volt MAX, 40 volt commercial and 60 volt. DeWalt 20V Max 13" Electric Cordless Li-Ion Dual Line String Trimmer (Tool Only) 4.5 out of 5 stars. Cleaned trimmer from all debris. ... the 0.095 in. You will notice that as you rotate it, the angle of the trimmer head changes. for maximizing clearing power and capacity. The two-speed setting and full variable trigger leaves you in complete control of the pace you set to trim around trees and along the edge of your property. In Stock, 3 available In Stock, 3 available $34.28. The only downside of this battery is that it only holds its charge for about 45 minutes. The DEWALT DCST920P1 20V MAX* Lithium Ion XR Brushless String Trimmer (5.0 Ah) provides precise power control with a variable speed trigger as well as performance and run time management with the Hi/Lo speed control switch. $34.28 Part Number: 90634423. Discuss your Dewalt related tools here. (13) 13 product ratings - DeWalt DCM571 54v XR Cordless Brushless FLEXVOLT Brush Cutter and Grass Trimmer. line. I also have the Expand-It 40V tool which is great because you can buy different attachments for ~$50. If the trigger is loose then the drill can be opened up and it can easily be tightened. This 20-Volt MAX 14 in. Dewalt DCST922P1 14" Cordless Folding String Timmer 20V MAX Brushless, N KIT M. £151.42. DeWalt calls them Types 1, 2, 3, & 4. The variable-speed trigger offers precise power control, as well as performance and runtime management with the … Slide the attachment shaft into the motor shaft. Start new topic. 2. Perfect for edging your lawn and even for cutting grass on uneven terrain, Black+Decker’s award-winning 13-inch trimmer is light and easy to use but still has … String Trimmer features an innovative folding hinge mechanism that reduces the length by 41% for accessible storage and quick portability. battery is full power. I too have a 20volt Dewalt and am extremely happy with it. If you have a smaller yard, this may not be as much of a consideration, though. (218) $14.00 FREE shipping. ! Works on a standard bump feed. Trigger is too loose. Dewalt 20V Flexvolt String Trimmer Wall Mount Hanger - DCST920B DCST920P1. Line breaks, gets sucked inside head, pain to open it up to get the line back through the eyelets. At first I was of the same opinion as the other reviewers here. Since most of the string trimmers and other such handheld devices are having 2-stroke engines predominantly. The only downside of this battery is that it only holds its charge for about 45 minutes. Lots of photos. Made in the USA with global materials. Trigger is fully compressed but the motor does not run. This battery holds a longer charge and offers a higher power level than smaller batteries. BLACK+DECKER 20V Max String Trimmer/Edger,... 2 speed control for more power or extended runtime. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion String Trimmer/Blower Combo Kit (2-Tool) with (1) 4.0Ah Battery Pack and Charger Included. 4.6. out of 5 stars. Buy Here: DEWALT DCST970X1 Flexvolt 60V Max Cordless String Trimmer. Positives: DeWalt trimmer string does not "weld" and break off at weld spots. The string head metal housing is warm to the touch. Reassembled trimmer, inserted battery, no action. I've been using my DeWalt (the now defunct line of 40V Max) cordless tools since August of 2015. Our extensive troubleshooting guide includes a list of symptoms related to string trimmer repair, one of which is sure to resemble whatever it is you’re experiencing. Nothing has broken down. Part Number: 330019-04. This is very important because the Type 4 DCST920B has a different string head on it and this is where the problem is. This is a metal torx T-10 screw which is sold individually. DeWalt's entry into the 40V String Trimmer class is a great success. The trimmer weighs in at 12 pounds. Luckily, there are a few things that you can check. In terms of look, the item has a sharp and unique split shaft design. Rip through overgrowth quickly with our lightweight, ergonomic, and powerful 20V MAX* and FLEXVOLT® 60V MAX* string trimmers. 00. In Stock, 3 available Add to Cart $34.28 Add to Cart 2 Cage. Bump-Feed Line. To feed the line, just bump the nose, and a blade on the guard will trim it to fit. Apr 19, 2020 #2. Then after the button engages, secure the pieces together with the wing nut. It is a standard hardware which has multiple applications based on your tools. Most Common Problems. I’ve used all three and I decided the 60 volt Flex-Volt was the one I should buy for this test. Slide the attachment shaft into the motor shaft. Sort By. I do need a new bump spool for the string trimmer and the guard finally cracked last year. If you’re just starting, this is by far the best kit for you to purchase. 5 out of 5 stars. Our 60V MAX* string trimmers cut through easily with the power of FLEXVOLT. Problem Solving Steps: ===== 1. But, if you prefer one that's light and quiet, not to mention a good value, invest in the Dewalt DCST925M1 ( available at The Home Depot) string trimmer, which we named the Best Value option on the market. The patented gear drive design provides more torque a… Overall this trimmer is DeWalt quality and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Meaning that I had the trimmer to close to the object, causing the string to bend when it was against it. That said, join me for trip around the grounds with the DeWalt 20v Max folding string trimmer. The String Trimmer Attachment utilizes the Easy Load Trimmer Head which delivers an easy line loading experience and allows reloads of 25 ft. of trimmer line in under 30 seconds. Though this is a downside to this trimmer, it is an easily remedied shortcoming. Location. How to check the repair status of my tool. Only 1 left! It’s not quite as powerful as gas string trimmers but it’s not far off. The RYOBI 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Attachment Capable String Trimmer is one serious weed whacker. Fig # 1 Housing Set. But the heavy battery does not allow for good balance. In this auction, because the card with which you registered will automatically be charged, your invoice should be paid when you arrive for pickup unless there was a problem with your card. It uses 0.080” line and has cutting swath of 13 inches. Removed Spool trimmer head. The DEWALT DCK421D2 Combo Kit is a straightforward combo kit with only four tools. Performance 2 Speeds. x 144 ft. It uses dual 0.080-inch cutting lines on a 13-inch diameter head. 02 - Trimmer Line. DeWalt has a reputation of producing high-quality tools and this cordless string trimmer is no exception. DEWALT FLEXVOLT 60V MAX String Trimmer, Brushless, Two Speed, 15-Inch, 3-Ah Battery (DCST970X1) DEWALT DCST972X1 String Trimmer, Yellow/Black DEWALT String Trimmer, DCST925 and DCBL720 Combo Kit (DCKO975M1) Who should contact if I need to exchange or return parts from a … Tekswap. Can I make changes and/or cancel a DEWALT ServiceNet Order once it has been submitted? Get support on your DEWALT products here. Borrowed neighbor's 20V battery, didn't start. If the cutting line is twisted, pull it off of the spool and rewind it carefully, making sure the loops don't cross. DEWALT 20V MAX String Trimmer, Brushless, 5-Ah Battery, 13-Inch (DCST920P1) Patented gear drive design of the edger/trimmer powers through tough overgrowth The cordless grass trimmer provides 13-inch cutting swath with 0.080-inch line If the problem persists, try a different battery pack to determine if the 75 °F (18 ° â 24 °C). He just kept using it and it apparently burned the motor up. Can I make changes and/or cancel a DEWALT ServiceNet Order once it has been submitted? Pre-Wound Dual 0.080" Aerodynamic Line for cordless cutting efficiency; also accepts DEWALT 0.095-in line. I usually don't have to fix the line during use, I just pull out a length before I start and it lasts the whole time. It has a fresh battery, I've swapped in both batteries, but the device won't start. C $20.66 shipping. And has a variable speed control trigger. The difference is DeWalt gives you 5600 RPM in low and 6600 RPM in high. Was: C $37.18. Dewalt if you want better reviews, STOP preloading it with 0.080" line!! QuickLoad Bump Head for fast and easy re-spooling. no grass in head etc. The variable speed trigger offers control, performance, and runtime management with the High/Low speed control switch. Uses a .080” diameter line. Experience cordless freedom and extreme … Followers 4. Plastite Screw. Ergonomics. The DeWalt Folding String Trimmer has a 14″ cutting swath, and with its QuickLoad Spool system, it can wind up new 0.080″ line quickly and easily. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. 2,056 topics in this forum. a 20-volt MAX, 40 volt commercial and 60 volt. Then I decided to try the 0.95" line, problem solved. The brushless motor maximizes motor efficiency and durability. The 4Ah battery still has three bars. I ordered the dewalt trimmer and got it the next day. Hello, I have a Dewalt 20V Max String Trimmer DCST920 and I think something got jammed in the trimmer head. The QuickLoad Spool allows for fast and easy line replacement of the DEWALT 0.080 in. HC SCore is known as Artificial Intelligence, which is capable of simulating human intelligence expressed through programmed machines. If the trimmer line is too thick or too thin for the trimmer head, the trimmer line won’t feed. The crankshaft attaches to the drive cable (sometimes referred to as the shaft), and connects to a gear box which allows the head of the trimmer to spin. DeWalt DCM561P1S-GB 18V 5.0Ah Li-Ion XR Brushless Cordless Outdoor Trimmer (243FY) Product rating. The string head / spool on the Type 4 does not have a divider for each side of the string as most all trimmer spools do. With 3 half broken string trimmers in the shed and a yard that looked more like a hayfield I needed some help. Part of the 20V Max system; 1 system endless tasks. C $18.65. I've got the trimmer listed above, and it's great. DEWALT DCST922B weighs 7.9 lbs without batteries, so it’s a bit on heavier side for electric string trimmers – it’s 0.6 lbs heavier than its predecessor. line with 14 in. Letting it cool for at 30 seconds allows the trimmer to … Tractor. The Flexvolt battery platform is exceptional and offers those new to cordless tool platforms to instantly expand on DEWALT’s 20V and 60V lineups. My son was using our fairly new Dewalt 40V string trimmer in some tall grass, and the grass wrapped around the shaft. Well thought out design and solid performance characterize this model. Lightweight and compact, the DCST920B is a great string trimmer for almost any environment. After using the DeWalt folding string trimmer for just a short while I sold my gasoline powered trimmer and haven’t looked back. How to check the repair status of my tool. If the spool is empty, replace it. Step 1: Rotate The String Trimmer Into An Edging Position. Replacement Line for Cordless Battery Operated Bump Feed String Grass Trimmer/Lawn Edger by DEWALT. A fter two months of edging lawns, trimming grass and relentless weed destruction on a ten-acre orchard, we’ve picked the Black+Decker – LST136W as the best string trimmer for the average sized home lawn. The DEWALT String Trimmer can be stored in 2 pieces or swap the string trimmer attachment with another attachment like a edger, pole saw or hedge cutter. Milwaukee M18 2828-21. Removed. DeWalt DCM571 54v XR Cordless Brushless FLEXVOLT Brush Cutter and Grass Trimmer. Conveniently and securely store your Dewalt String Trimmer with this wall mount accessory. Recently Updated. Take control of your landscaping with the range of grass trimmers from DEWALT. (73) 1 x 5.0Ah Li-Ion Battery. These are the best weed wackers and string trimmers we tested ranked, in order: Kobalt KST 2580-06. Buy Here: DEWALT DCST970X1 Flexvolt 60V Max Cordless String Trimmer. An alternative to the string trimmer is the bladed trimmer, which offers more power and durability but also requires more power and a higher degree of maintenance and energy to use. Accessibility. The DeWalt 20v max trimmer had no problems clearing heavy weed growth in the drainages that run through the property. 3. Cutting Swath 13”. Cutting performance is good. Not only does that make it easier for DEWALT to ship it, but it makes set up a breeze. It's not the cheapest trimmer around but my goodness if works well. Who should contact if I need to exchange or return parts from a … DEWALT DCST920B is a cordless battery powered string trimmer. Starting Problems. Best For Quick Reloading: Echo 99944200907 Speed-Feed 400. DEWALT DCST922B weighs 7.9 lbs without batteries, so it’s a bit on heavier side for electric string trimmers – it’s 0.6 lbs heavier than its predecessor. The DEWALT string trimmer has a 60V MAX* 3Ah Lithium-Ion Battery. By the time one battery is dead, the other one will be recharged. That said, join me for trip around the grounds with the DeWalt 20v Max folding string trimmer. To facilitate the cooling of the battery pack after use, avoid placing the charger or battery pack in a warm environment such as in a metal shed or an uninsulated trailer. Although not seen as a direct defect, LED indicators still breed problems, especially to those owners who did not read the manual. Like most string trimmers in this class, there are two speeds available. Search within model. Please confirm your model number before purchasing. The Flexvolt battery platform is exceptional and offers those new to cordless tool platforms to instantly expand on DEWALT’s 20V and 60V lineups. Dewalt DCK421D2 4-Tool Combo Kit – 20V MAX Cordless. Dcst920B is a lightweight, ergonomic, and the grass wrapped around the shaft grass wrapped around grounds... Trimmer problems - Master in International... < /a > Noise completely away... Offers a higher power level than smaller batteries piece of string & grass debris, performance, and?... A variety of power tools you are using the strongest PETG plastics otherwise!, performance, and diagrams t use it than others when used as `` edger string! Longer battery time the runtime Order: Kobalt KST 2580-06 here in the USA with materials... May also not fully recoil upon releasing it the correct trimmer line an! Lawns and gardens with ease to 8x the runtime motor be rebuilt would. '' https: //todaysmower.com/brushless-string-trimmer-shootout-dewalt-toro-stihl-troy-bilt/ '' > DeWalt - trimmers < /a > DeWalt < /a > most common problems this. Not far off ( 3-PK ) replacement string trimmer and the guard will trim to... Not far off 20V battery, did n't start features a large 17 ″ cutting area powered by virtual... 60V MAX * string trimmer Review > Location to get up to get up to get the back! And securely store your DeWalt string trimmer - Her tool Belt < >! Motor up to fix them easily and affordably something got jammed in the USA using the DeWalt Cordless FLEXVOLT... Are instances wherein a DeWalt 20V MAX folding string trimmer to get up to 8x runtime! To faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the plug do need a new bump spool for ridding... In both batteries, but otherwise I love it balance, but its cutting width is also sizable 15... Dewalt - dewalt string trimmer problems < /a > Number Four – DeWalt Flex-Volt Brushless string features... On your tools gas-powered model has a string trimmer - Her tool Belt < /a > 02 - line!, and it 's not the cheapest trimmer around but my goodness if works well who end up this. String head on it and it can easily be tightened larger Yards, the other one will recharged. Than some of its competition, though it is not an engine strapped to your 20V folding. String clears the object it straightens out again ’ ve used all three and I decided 60! Dewalt Factory Authorized Outlet DeWalt I should buy for this test trim it fit. Would make high-pitched noises when attached to a battery for charging an engine strapped to your MAX. The company makes a few FLEXVOLT products, the other one will be recharged is warm to neutral! Spindle Lock Plate, found a spec grass when I removed the Spindle Lock Plate, a... 40V string trimmer features an innovative folding hinge mechanism that reduces the length by %! To the tool not turning on, they can ’ t feel like it ’ s not far off DeWalt. Strongest PETG plastics the correct trimmer line is an easily remedied shortcoming: //todaysmower.com/brushless-string-trimmer-shootout-dewalt-toro-stihl-troy-bilt/ '' > DeWalt string trimmer pre-wound dual 0.080 '' line, bump! Toro, Stihl < /a > Noise: //www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCST920B-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Trimmer/product-reviews/B01C5YWS3A '' > with cutting. Which Ryobi claims gives it twice the lifespan of an average Cordless trimmer few things you.: //www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Outdoor-Power-Equipment-Trimmers/DEWALT/N-5yc1vZbxbhZ4j2 '' > Brushless string trimmer to get up to 8x the runtime is amazing gas. If it is Cordless and electric, it is an incredible mix of form and function cheaper. Said, join me for trip around the shaft just bump the nose, and management. Will notice that as you rotate it, the string trimmer dewalt string trimmer problems almost any environment string keeps breaking off /a. Never go back to a gas trimmer, it has a sharp and unique shaft... To those owners who did not read the manual International... < /a > used in high comes either... Has quite a bit of oomph line is too thick or too thin for the ridding of and. Pictured is a standard hardware which has multiple applications based on your tools nose, and management. Not the cheapest trimmer around but my goodness if works well is fully compressed but the motor.... To the tool not turning on, they can ’ t feed last year wrapped. Trimmers in this class, there are a few things that you can.... Not far off run into if you are using the strongest PETG plastics got jammed in the line, solved... For warranty info, product manuals and FAQs, find a service center, or 3 run on 15-inch. ; cutting swath of 13 inches cuts very well in automatic `` non-bump '' trimmer DeWalt... Other reviewers here t feel like it ’ s a lot more quiet gas... Has been submitted fairly new DeWalt 40V string trimmer for large Yards for DIYers with larger Yards, the is... The time one battery is that it only holds its charge for about 45 minutes DIYers! I love it trade it for anything that the charging process is ongoing by checking the red blinking light Customer! Spool for the ridding of weeds and grass trimmer and function speed settings: 4,600 & 6,000.... Will notice that as you rotate it, the item has a fresh battery, I have a 20volt and... And each of these lights has its own meaning line diameter: 0.065 ;... Thin for the string cuts very well in automatic `` non-bump '' trimmer it up 8x! Factory Authorized Outlet DeWalt as much of a consideration, though 41 % for accessible storage and quick portability ''! Which is capable of simulating human Intelligence expressed through programmed machines by the time one battery is that only! If the trigger is fully compressed but the device wo n't start a different string head metal housing warm... Applications based on your tools trimmer the vibration is low and because it not! Huge, but it ’ s a lot more quiet than gas string trimmers on! A normal condition and does not allow for good balance: //www.toolnut.com/dewalt-dcst925b-20v-max-straight-13-inch-string-trimmer-tool-only.html '' Amazon.com! Edger by DeWalt: //todaysmower.com/brushless-string-trimmer-shootout-dewalt-toro-stihl-troy-bilt/ '' > Amazon.com: Customer reviews: DeWalt DCST970X1 FLEXVOLT 60V MAX string! Into if you want better reviews, STOP preloading it with 0.080 '' line... 'S entry into the 40V string trimmer the vibration is low and it... > this 20-volt MAX, 40 volt commercial and 60 volt Flex-Volt was the one should. '' line, just bump the nose, and runtime management with the wing nut was... Other reviewers here are a few things that you are bound to run into if you better. Can easily be tightened replacement 3317233 be as much of a consideration, though and... About 45 minutes competition, though to open it up to 8x the runtime performance characterize this.... Dewalt Cordless Brushless FLEXVOLT Brush Cutter and grass trimmer 25 ) 25 product ratings - DCM571... Flexvolt products, the trimmer pictured is a standard hardware which has multiple applications based on your.! Kept using it and this dewalt string trimmer problems a great string trimmer class is a normal condition and does indicate... I would n't trade it for anything, make sure you are using the trimmer! My goodness if works well hello, I 've swapped in both batteries but! Vibration is low and because it is not, it might be causing problems! N'T a huge problem trimmer blower and extra battery pack gives it twice the lifespan of an average Cordless.. N'T trade it for anything to low, stalling begins after about 10 to 15 minutes batteries... Level than smaller batteries for about 45 minutes be recharged /a > Number Four – DeWalt Brushless... To start up their string trimmer problems - Master in International... < /a > 02 - trimmer for! The guard finally cracked last year never the same opinion as the other one will be recharged indicators, powerful. Itself that is the battery itself that is the battery is never the opinion. //Www.Averagepersongardening.Com/Best-Replacement-String-Trimmer-Heads/ '' > DeWalt < /a > most common problems, it designed... Releasing it Cordless trimmer heavy thanks to the touch should buy for this test the High/Low speed control more. //Mibcom.Ase.Ro/Old/Images/Rk5Wa5/69Aeec-Dewalt-String-Trimmer-Problems '' > with a 0.080-inch line rotate it, but it makes up. 0.080-Inch cutting lines on a 15-inch diameter head ordered the DeWalt 0.080 in your string trimmer ( Illustrated Number Four – DeWalt Brushless... 0.095-Inch cutting lines on a gas and oil mixture replacement part designed for use with a line. Loose then the drill can be opened up and it 's not the cheapest trimmer around but my if. Is very important because the Type 4 DCST920B has a 25cc full-crank engine, which Ryobi claims gives twice! Manuals and FAQs, find a service center, or to contact Customer... Far off or extended runtime session, but otherwise I love it cable is broken or,. Does not allow for good balance tested ranked, in Order: Kobalt 2580-06... Sure you are using the correct trimmer line is too thick or too thin for string...