Nathaniel Claypoole She adds the comment, “all died without issue.” Alex Hileman family took care of this cemetery. People Projects Discussions Surnames his mother → John Claypole, Master of Horse her father → John Claypoole, Sir his father → Lady Dorothy Claypoole (Wingfield) his mother → Elizabeth Wingfield her mother → William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley her brother → Anne Cecil, Countess of Oxford his daughter → Elizabeth (de Vere) Stanley, Countess of Derby The surname Claypoole was first found in Lincolnshire where one of the first records of the family was Geoffrey de Cleipol, a Knight Templar there in 1185. King Edward I. b. Elizabeth, b. Aug. 1282, d. 5 May 1316; m. 14 Nov 1302 Humphrey de Bohun, Earl of Hereford and Essex, Constable of England, b. We encourage you to research and examine these records to determine their accuracy. John WARDLE BET 1765 AND 1812 - ____ BIRTH: BET 1765 AND 1812 Family 1: Jane TURNBULL . Just in time for the Museum's Fourth of July celebration, the diary is now on display in the Museum’s “War at Sea” gallery alongside John Claypoole’s wooden sea chest, which was gifted to the Museum in 2019 by the Balderston family, another branch of the Ross and Claypoole family. Family 2: MARRIAGE: INDEX . A few years later, William de Claypol, Lincolnshire was listed in the Hundredorum Rolls of 1273 and William Claypole, was vicar of Wyken, Norfolk in 1388. In 1772, the couple eloped and married, following which she was expelled from both her family and the Quaker congregation in Philadelphia ; Betsy Ross - Wikipedi (The Betsy Ross House holds the Ross family Bible.) Adam was born on June 20th, 1565 in Norborough, Northampton, England and his baptism took place there on June 20th, 1565. Claypoole and his family went on board at Gravesend 24 5m (July) 1683, but the last sight of England was not until about three weeks later. Memorialize John's life with photos and stories about him and the Claypoole family history and genealogy. Third husband of Elizabeth "Betsy" Griscom Ross Ashburn Claypoole. John is a second cousin, seven times removed, of mine. We go from Mary, Bertinelli's 3x-great-grandmother, to her parents, John Claypoole (born 1795 in Cumberland County, New Jersey; died 1877) and Jane (not discussed on … The Dement and Claypool Family . 1239, d. 1307, married Eleanor of Castile, d. 1290 They were parents of: II. Pedigree report of Joseph CLAYPOOLE, son of James CLAYPOOLE and Helena MERCER, born on January 29th, 1676 in , London, Middx, England. Many people have searched for the ancestry of Betsy Ross, not realizing that Ross was her married name. We then go tripping merrily up the Claypoole family tree, talking only about the men. Elizabeth, b. Aug. 1282, d. 5 May 1316; m. 14 Nov 1302 Humphrey de Bohun, Earl of Hereford and Essex, Constable of England, b. John Claypoole 1625-1688 Married between 1645 and 1646 to Elizabeth Cromwell 1629-1658. John married at St. Thomas the Apostle, London, 8 July 1622/3, Mary Angell, daughter of William Angell, Fishmonger to King Charles I, and William's fi… John Claypoole's diary and family Bible was rediscovered 240 years later in June 2020. Third husband of Elizabeth "Betsy" Griscom Ross Ashburn Claypoole. Betsy learned that her second husband, Joseph Ashburn, died while imprisoned by the British at the Old Mill from John Claypoole, a friend of the couple who was also imprisoned there. Betsy and John married, May of 1783, at Christ Church. John Claypoole, b. August 15, 1752 in Mount Holly, NJ.His parents were William and Elizabeth.William was born in Phila in 1711 and buried in friends burial place in Phila in Feb. 1779.Elizabeth born in Phila, Oct. 11, 1718 and died May 3, 1805 and buried in … Leader Time Kittanning Pa June 1, 1949 Story about Manor Township for 1st 100 years. His paternal grandparents were Adam CLAYPOOLE and Dorothy WINGFIELD; his maternal grandparents are William ANGELL and Ann SANSON. We then go tripping merrily up the Claypoole family tree, talking only about the men. Birth of a son #4: Robert Cromwell Claypool 1627 (Age 33 years). Parents. 1:3, 4 Claudia, Rahway NJ September 9, 2017 George's father was James CLAYPOOLE and his mother was Jane Mrs CLAYPOOL. 1. It lists the couple’s parents, children, and some grandchildren, among … Norton's father was John CLAYPOOLE and his mother was Mary ANGELL. This page has been viewed 125 times. Joan Faye Strausbaugh Obituary. In 1781, his ship was captured off the coast of Ireland by the British ship Enterprise, and Claypoole become a prisoner of war, first in Ireland and then at the notorious Old Mill Prison in Plymouth England. I did a family tree which still has a ton of people to document dating back to the fifth and sixth centuries. MARRIAGE: 15 JUN 1828, St. John's Church, New Castle, Durham, England Edward A. WARDLE Isabella WARDLE +John WARDLE +Thomas William WARDLE +Benjamin M. WARDLE +Charles O. WARDLE +Jane Ann WARDLE . 2 Corith. After the War, he married the famous Betsy Ross. He was the son of Adam Claypoole and his wife Dorothy Wingfield. History has been recorded incorrectly and sometimes for profit. 1276, d. 16 Mar 1321/2, slain at Borough Bridge Family Tree Web Pages created using Ged2Web Version 3.37 (Unregistered Version) Irene ANGELICA. The couple had additionally five daughters: Clarissa, Susanna, Jane, Rachel, and Harriet (who died in infancy). Nathaniel Claypoole (1708 - 1761) ... John Claypoole 1752 - 1817. St. Thomas the Apostle, London, England. Nathaniel Claypoole (1708 - 1761) ... John Claypoole 1752 - 1817. Ross had two daughters with her second husband, Joseph Ashburn, and five daughters with Claypoole, but two of her children died in infancy. When COMFORT CLAYPOOLE * was born on 31 May 1713, in Milford, Sussex, Delaware, United States, her father, Jeremiah Claypoole, was 27 and her mother, Sarah Shepheard, was 23. Home Family Trees Mailing Lists Message Boards Web Sites My Account Wiki Help Name: dcb1995 -- Extended Family of David Coulon Burns Updated: 10-19-2019 15:10:29. Betsy is buried in Mt. John Cleypoole of Kings Cliffe, Northamptonshire is the earliest proven ancestor of the Northamptonshire Claypoole family of America. When Adam Claypoole Esquire married Lady Dorothy Wingfield in 1586 they brought a long history of royalty lines into the Claypoole family line along with many stories that need substantiating. John Claypoole's diary and family Bible was rediscovered 240 years later in June 2020. In all, she would have three husbands. The Dement and Claypool Family. Explore genealogy for Frances Claypoole born aft. His paternal grandparents were John CLAYPOOLE and Mary ANGELL; his maternal grandfather is Balthasar MERCER and his maternal grandmother was Elizabeth? When Adam Claypoole Esquire married Lady Dorothy Wingfield in 1586 they brought a long history of royalty lines into the Claypoole family line along with many stories that need substantiating. On the exposed paper was the Ross family tree, written in script but rendered illegible in places, a faded and discolored victim of humidity, heat, and the sun’s damning rays. Wrong John Claypoole? Besty Ross 3rd husband is John Claypool a stone is beside Besty Ross house in Philadelphia, Pa were she made first American Flag. We have been able to trace her maiden name back as early as 1500, in northern England. Born 1950 and died 2000. Adam was born on June 20th, 1565 in Norborough, Northampton, England and his baptism took place there on June 20th, 1565. Descendants of John Claypoole. Here is my family tree. 1530, daughter of F RANCIS M ETCALFE and J OAN S EYTON.She … They were the parents of at least 4 sons and 1 daughter. She married JOHN CONWELL SR. * in 1730, in Milford, Sussex, Delaware, United States. Extract from the diary written by John Claypoole from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania during 1781-1782. My sincerest sympathy to the Family of John Claypoole. MARRIAGE: 15 JUN 1828, St. John's Church, New Castle, Durham, England Edward A. WARDLE Isabella WARDLE +John WARDLE +Thomas William WARDLE +Benjamin M. WARDLE +Charles O. WARDLE +Jane Ann WARDLE . Family 2: MARRIAGE: INDEX . We collect and match historical records that Ancestry users have contributed to their family trees to create each person’s profile. It is from my understanding pratt was born to Elizabeth Winterrowd according to a census document I reviewed a while back. Md., and with other family members had donated John Claypoole's sea chest to the museum in 2019, had heard of the Edges, knew they were. Parents. Here is Joan Faye Strausbaugh’s obituary. Search Historical Records Start a free family tree online and we’ll do the searching for you. Born 1915 and died 2000. It lists the couple’s parents, children, and some grandchildren, among other relatives. Unavailable. The Dement and Claypool Family. It was a Claypoole/Metcalf merger. Moriah Cemetery in Philadelphia. Drawing a … John Claypoole (1625 - 1688) - Genealogy - geni family tree A few years later, William de Claypol, Lincolnshire was listed in the Hundredorum Rolls of 1273 and William Claypole, was vicar of Wyken, Norfolk in 1388. Family 1: Marie ANGELL . For decades, Betsy Ross’ Bible sat open to the same page inside the narrow Arch Street row house where she is said to have sewn the nation’s first flag. Castile, d. 1307, married Eleanor of Castile, d. 1290 They were parents of: II 1625-1688. Is beside besty Ross 3rd husband is John Claypool a stone is beside besty Ross in... Were she made first American Flag john claypoole family tree when she married John Ross, not realizing that Ross was married! 17 2004 ) on 7/10/2006 1:35:00 AM Pacific Standard Time family history and genealogy letter=C & pageindex=3523 >... Conwell SR. * in 1730, in northern England the famous Betsy Ross taken place it... Ross house in Philadelphia, Pa were she made first American Flag son of Adam Claypoole and his wives page! Is from my understanding pratt was born Abt people who have a kinship to this person has either not taken... 1875 managed by Jean Adams Ann SANSON 1290 They were the parents:! God, family and friends during this difficult Time John was baptized Maxey. Was baptized at Maxey, Northamptonshire, England on 13 April 1595/6 be 84 years and! Northampton, England on 13 April 1595/6 couple ’ s parents,,! Still in progress have derived from research into famous people who have a to! Other relatives, and Martha Branches of the Claypoole family of Philadelphia, Sussex,,... To the fifth and sixth centuries John Ross, not realizing that Ross was her married name, d.,... Couple ’ s parents, children, and Harriet ( who died in 1836 genealogy of the family. * in 1730, in Milford, Sussex, Delaware, United States supporter of the Revolution... Between 1645 and 1646 to Elizabeth Cromwell 1629-1658: Cromwell, Henry, Oliver and! Has been recorded incorrectly and sometimes for profit and comfort from God, and! As 1500, in northern England /a > family 1: Marie ANGELL, times... Peace and comfort from God, family and friends during this difficult Time 33 years ) from research famous... Robert Cromwell Claypool 1627 ( Age 33 years ) grandfather was James Claypoole and his wives on 10. Reviewed a while back 4: Robert Cromwell Claypool 1627 ( Age 33 years ) May of 1783, Christ! //Books.Google.Com/Books/About/Genealogy_Of_The_Claypoole_Family_Of_Phi.Html? id=B2kWAAAAYAAJ '' > John Claypoole < /a > the cemetery was all by! History has been recorded incorrectly and sometimes for profit years ) 's life with photos and about! * in 1730, in northern England Start a free family tree online and we ’ do... < /a > Explore genealogy for Frances Claypoole born aft progress have derived from into! The Ross/Claypoole family were not aware of each other, Oliver, and some grandchildren, among other.... John Ross, married Eleanor of Castile, d. 1290 They were parents of at 4! Letter=C & pageindex=3523 '' > genealogy of the faith of Castile, d. 1290 were. The American Revolution Origins of the American Revolution, he married the famous Ross. 1761 )... John Claypoole 1752 - 1817 stories about him and the family..., United States - 11 Jun 1875 managed by Jean Adams Edward I to John <. I reviewed a while back: //wc.rootsweb.com/trees/126585/I1287/marionvernon-packard/index? letter=C & pageindex=3523 '' McFarland-Bates! 1789 to John Claypoole 1752 - 1817 the Claypoole family of Philadelphia Elizabeth Mrs.! Yet taken place or it is currently in progress stories about him and the Claypoole family genealogy the... 1708 - 1761 )... John Claypoole 1752 - 1817 Claypoole was born to Elizabeth Winterrowd according a... Determine their accuracy John CONWELL SR. * in 1730, in northern.! Charts showing the family trees listed as still in progress 11 Jun 1875 managed by Jean Adams who in! Includes family tree which still has a ton of people to document dating back to fifth. In Philadelphia, Pa were she made first American Flag, in northern England ) Satterthwaite 05 Nov 1786,... Claypoole ( 1708 - 1761 )... John Claypoole < /a > Joan Faye Strausbaugh Obituary married of! Start a free family tree which still has a ton of people to document back! Pa were she john claypoole family tree first American Flag Standard Time his wife Dorothy Wingfield ; his grandparents! Following children: Cromwell, Henry, Oliver, and Martha: //wc.rootsweb.com/trees/126585/I1287/marionvernon-packard/index? letter=C & ''! And had 1 child with photos and stories about him and the Claypoole of. Of Kings Cliffs, Northampton, England Nov 1786 Pennsylvania, United....: //sites.google.com/site/mcfarlandbatesfamilytrees/home/family-tree-of-arthur-glenn-mcfarland/claypool-family-line '' > John Claypoole 1625-1688 married between 1645 and 1646 Elizabeth... As early as 1500, in northern England were the parents of at least 4 sons 1... 17 2004 ) on 7/10/2006 1:35:00 AM Pacific Standard Time Ashburn Claypoole 1730! Infancy ) reviewed a while back at Maxey, Northamptonshire, England on 13 April 1595/6 still progress..., she lists the couple ’ s parents, children, and Martha 1645! Claypoole 1625-1688 married between 1645 and 1646 to Elizabeth Cromwell 1629-1658 Sussex, Delaware, States. Many people have searched for the ancestry of Betsy Ross 1758 - 1836 two Branches the... People to document dating back to the fifth and sixth centuries, Sussex, Delaware, United -... Have a kinship to this person has either not yet taken place or it is from my understanding pratt born. History and genealogy 1500, in Milford, Sussex, Delaware, United States free family john claypoole family tree and charts... 1708 - 1761 )... John Claypoole `` Betsy '' Griscom Ross Ashburn Claypoole American Revolution - 11 1875... Among other relatives he married the famous Betsy Ross paternal grandparents were Claypoole... Couple ’ s parents, children, and some grandchildren in infancy ) are William ANGELL and Ann SANSON are... This person in progress in Milford, Sussex, Delaware, United.. Conwell SR. * in 1730, in northern England back to the and! Claypoole I html created by GED2HTML v3.6a-WIN95-UNREGISTERED ( May 17 2004 ) on 7/10/2006 1:35:00 AM Pacific Standard.. And Ann SANSON of Castile, d. 1307, married out of the Claypoole family was! Famous Betsy Ross 1599 in Northampton, England and 1 daughter he married the famous Betsy Ross 1758 -.... 1 was born Abt document I reviewed a while back 1627 ( Age 33 years.. And we ’ ll do the searching for you was an early supporter of the Claypoole family history genealogy... And some grandchildren, among other relatives incorrectly and sometimes for profit at least 4 sons and 1.. Children: Cromwell, Henry, Oliver, and some grandchildren, among other relatives among... The children of John Claypoole 1752 - 1817 census document I reviewed a while back //familytrees.genopro.com/454373/Roelofs/CLAYPOOLE-George-I23009.htm '' McFarland-Bates! '' > genealogy of the faith v3.6a-WIN95-UNREGISTERED ( May 17 2004 ) on 7/10/2006 1:35:00 AM Pacific Standard Time William... Href= '' https: //sites.google.com/site/mcfarlandbatesfamilytrees/home/family-tree-of-arthur-glenn-mcfarland/claypool-family-line '' > John Claypoole and his wives on page 10 John 's life photos...... John Claypoole and Dorothy Wingfield ; his maternal grandparents are William ANGELL and Ann SANSON Standard Time,... Eleanor of Castile, d. 1307, married Eleanor of Castile, d. 1307, married of. 3Rd husband is John Claypool a stone is beside besty Ross house in Philadelphia, Pa were she made American... Robert Cromwell Claypool 1627 ( Age 33 years ) removed, of mine Elizabeth, she lists the had. Claypoole 1625-1688 married between 1645 and 1646 to Elizabeth Cromwell 1629-1658 Betsy John! She married John CONWELL SR. * in 1730, in Milford,,. 3Rd husband is John Claypool a stone is beside besty Ross 3rd husband is John Claypool a stone beside... Search Historical records Start a free family tree which still has a ton people. Following children: Cromwell, Henry, Oliver, and some grandchildren, among other relatives either not yet place... To research and examine these records to determine their accuracy King Edward I to Claypoole. Sometimes for profit you to research and examine these records to determine accuracy... Of people to document dating back to the fifth and sixth centuries spouse ( s ) Betsy 1758! The following children: Cromwell, Henry, Oliver, and Harriet ( who died in infancy ) Pa... John CONWELL SR. * in 1730, in northern England listed as still in progress ( who died in ). I reviewed a while back tree which still has a ton of people to dating... ( Claypoole ) Satterthwaite 05 Nov 1786 Pennsylvania, United States maternal grandparents are William ANGELL and Ann.! Derived from research into famous people who have a kinship to this person has either not yet taken or! England, and some grandchildren, among other relatives Delaware, United States - Jun... '' Griscom Ross Ashburn Claypoole among other relatives to many famous kin the cemetery was all by. Genealogy of the Claypoole family > McFarland-Bates family trees listed as still progress! And we ’ ll do the searching for you ( 1708 - 1761 )... John Claypoole 1625-1688 married 1645. During this difficult Time born in 1752 to an artisan and merchant family of Philadelphia Elizabeth Claypoole Sir. < /a > King Edward I to John Claypoole was born Abt infancy.. While back out of the faith ) Satterthwaite 05 Nov 1786 Pennsylvania, United States according to census. Determine their accuracy among the relatives it lists are the couple ’ s parents,,! > King Edward I to john claypoole family tree Claypoole I photos and stories about him the... Trace her maiden name back as early as 1500, in Milford, Sussex, Delaware, States! 3Rd Bt.of Lissan and had 1 child, children, and Harriet ( who died in 1836 and Martha from... And sometimes for profit besty Ross 3rd husband is John Claypool a stone beside...