Ventura charged the mound, and when he approached Ryan put him in a headlock. Besides card #177 in the base Topps set of 1968, there is also the Milton Bradley version that was found in the 1968 Milton Bradley board game "Win-A-Card.". A copy graded as PSA 4.5 VG-EX condition sold for $18,880 in late 2016. Home. Do you guys know if there is a way to check the certificate # on the PRO website like you can on PSA and Beckett? Roberto Clemente. I have never bought a PRO graded card, but when did they start getting the rep of grading trimmed cards? If getting one of his 1968 cards isnt an option, there are some authorized alternatives. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If you notice an error, please report it using our "Report Item" tool. 2.5 Nate D. Sanders Auctions has sold the following baseball memorabilia: Topps Nolan Ryan Rookie PSA 8 Sold by us. And in this guide, I'll run through the ten most valuable to look for. I chose to include a picture of a graded copy above so you could see the line more easily. "This skinny high school junior HAS THE BEST ARM I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE. It is interesting to note that these 3 dealers seem to sell Gem graded cards exclusively", "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? . 1968 Topps NOLAN RYAN #177 Rookie Card - PSA 2 (fresh grade) C $612.26 + C $21.43 shipping 1968 Topps #177 Mets Rookie Stars w/ Nolan Ryan RC HOF C $786.43 + C $34.01 shipping Hover to zoom Have one to sell? I cant believe the sellers refunded your money. Not to sure how to get my scan on here, but here's the measurements. Auth This kid Ryan throws much harder than Jim Maloney of the CincinnatiReds or Turk Farrell of the Houston Colt 45's.. As you know, high number cards are more scarce. The card maker honored the pitcher with a full run of flagship reprints covering his career including his 1968 rookie. Hitters were often uncomfortable facing him at the plate just because of the sheer velocity at which he could throw the ball. I already broke it out of its slab and plan on sending it to PSA with a bunch of other cards expecting it to come back trimmed. Clear Grade. The card is a 'Rookie Stars' issue from the Topps set, featuring Ryan alongside fellow New York Mets rookie Jerry Koosman. Within the set were also several different subsets, including: While the hobby may have mixed opinions on the aesthetic appeal of this set, there's no doubting that it contains huge star power and great value overall. Heres How to Tell Them Apart. BLUE CHIP CARD SHARP CORNERS, 1968 Topps Jerry Koosman Nolan Ryan #177 BVG Rookie RC HOF Authentic Altered, 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan and Koosman Rookie Card PSA 3.5, Nolan Ryan 1968 topps rookie card #177 psa 5, Nolan had eight great years with the Angels, Ryan said after the game that it was the same sort of move he used on steers he had to brand on his Texas ranch, Nolan Ryan Steve Carlton Signed 1975 Topps #312 Rookie Card BAS Auto 10, Nolan Ryan Auto 2021 Topps Update 1967 Rookie #10/10 SP # CNW-6, 1968 Topps #177 Nolan Ryan Rookie Card Authenticated + PSA 10 Auto, Nolan Ryan 1968 Topps Rookie Card #177 Autograph PSA 1 Auto 9 Authentic, The 12 Most Valuable Upper Deck Young Guns Hockey Cards, The 10 Most Valuable Cards In The 1949 Bowman Baseball Set, Top 10 Rookie Cards of Players Not In Baseball Hall Of Fame, The Top 10 Most Valuable Pele Rookie Cards, The 2023 Football HOF Finalists & Their Best Rookie Cards, 20 Most Valuable Topps Baseball Rookie Cards Of The 1970s, T206 Eddie Collins Philadelphia HOF Piedmont 350 Subjects PSA 2 Tobacco Card, 1910 T206 John Titus Portrait Piedmont Only Mustached T206 Player RAW Stunner, 1909-11 T206 Sweet Caporal 350/25 Cy Young Cleveland Bare Hand Shows Pop 14, 1911 T206 George Bell Double Name Error SGC 4 Piedmont Pitching Follow Thru RARE, T206 Christy Mathewson Dark Cap HOF New York Sweet Caporal 350 Subjects PSA 3, T206 Christy Mathewson HOF Portrait New York Sweet Caporal 150 Subjects PSA 2, T206 Cy Young Portrait HOF Cleveland Piedmont 350 Subjects PSA 3 VG, T206 Tris Speaker Boston RC Rookie HOF Piedmont 350 Subjects PSA 2 Good, T206 Ty Cobb Red Portrait Detroit Tigers HOF Sweet Caporal 350-460 PSA 1.5 (MK), T206 Piedmont 150 Cy Young Bare Hand CSG Authentic Appears VG-EX+, T206 HOFer Nap Lajoie with Bat Cleveland Indians - Sovereign 350 - PSA 2 - Good. Price: US $660.00 (approx C $900.50) View original item. Buy and sell 1968 Topps #177 Mets Rookies Nolan Ryan / Jerry Koosman at DeansCards.com, your No. 1968 Topps #177 Nolan Ryan Rookie PSA 4 VG-EX Jerry Koosman, 1968 Topps - Rookie Stars #177 Nolan Ryan, Koosman (RC) - Nicely Centered, 1968 Topps NOLAN RYAN #177 Rookie Card - PSA 2 (fresh grade), 1968 TOPPS #177 NOLAN RYAN NEW YORK METS ROOKIE BASEBALL CARD SGC 2 GOOD, 1968 Topps #177 Nolan Ryan / J. Koosman - HOF Rookie - Authentic PSA 4 VG-EX, NOLAN RYAN & KOOSMAN SIGNED 1968 TOPPS REPRINT ROOKIE CARD GEM 10 AUTO PSA/DNA, 1968 Topps #177 Nolan Ryan / J. Koosman - HOF Rookie - Authentic PSA 4.5 VG-EX+, 1968 Topps Jerry Koosman/Nolan Ryan RC Mets Rookie Stars PSA Authentic HOF, 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan RC Mets Rookies PSA 4 *READ*, 1968 Topps #177 Nolan Ryan Jerry Koosman RC Rookie PSA 3 VG, 1968 Nolan Ryan Rookie card and autographed psa ball, Nolan Ryan / Jerry Koosman 1968 Topps Rookie Card #177 1993 Jumbo PSA 4 MC Mets, Nolan Ryan / Jerry Koosman 1968 Topps Rookie Card #177 1993 Jumbo PSA 7 MC Mets. I have a PSA 4, but it doesn't compliment my set that nicely. Ended: Jan 13, 2023, 11:43:32 PM EST. The popularity of this card cannot be understated. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, The Big 5 A Rundown of Major Mark McGwire Rookie Cards. I purchased a Nolan Ryan Rookie card off od Ebay sometime last year (I don't recall what I paid). Tom Seaver: Yes (1967) Nolan Ryan: No: All-Star Games. Insert Card Craze: Donruss Elite Baseball Cards Topps brings Tek technology to wall art line, Babe Ruth, Pete Rose Rookie Cards Top $700,000 and Other Huge Heritage Auctions Card Sales, TRISTAR doubles up the cuts in SignaCuts Baseball. The following year in AA, he was in the middle of a no-hitter when his coach told him the struggling Mets had called him up, and he had to leave mid-game. In the days before the advent of grading, every Ryan rookie card was a hot commodity, and pricing was a wild-west affair. Ryan had dyslexia and a lisp, which led him to poor school grades. Design:The Venezuela version looks exactly like the others but was printed on poorer quality, non-glossy card stock. Bryan was a 12-year-old boy with a collection of over 40,000 baseball cards. Those who watched the Texan in his prime might remember pulling the card from packs. Fernando Tatis Jr. They werent printed in the United States so collectors based in the USA have to bank on landing a copy that was brought from overseas. Thats a bit tougher to pin down since its going to depend to a large extent on the subjective grading standards used by both the seller and prospective buyers. I love those old cutoff uniforms of that era and Rose's red undershirt mixed with his Reds uniform give this card strong eye appeal. He would end up with 324 wins, 7 no-hitters and 5,714 strikeouts when all was said and done. Number:This is again card #177but again, only 370 cards in the total set were produced for the Venezuelan market. Donning his Pittsburgh Pirates gear, Clemente stands at bat staring intently off into the distance. The Win A Card game was not very commercially successful as a whole so far fewer cards were printed to begin with. 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan - Mets Rookie Stars #177 PSA Gem Mint 10.. Auction amount: $612,360 . For a set that already has a lot of brown, it makes for a dreary motif. 4.5 Value of rookie card: $1.34 million. Start Over. Need Help? 2018 Topps Series 1 / Series 2 / Update 1983 Inserts With Rookies You Pick, Nolan Ryan RARE REFRACTOR INVESTMENT CARD SSP TOPPS CHROME HALL OF FAME MVP MINT, 2021 Topps 1986 SILVER PACK CHROME Series 1 / Series 2 / Update You Pick. 1909-11 T206 Old Mill SHAG SHAUGHNESSY SGC 3! If the Ryan card was at the top or bottom of the stack, that rubber band increases the chances youll see the card with an indentation. Those have better long-term investment potential. 8 Any baseball collector would have known that the card was worth at least $1,000; the published monthly price guide listed its market value at $1,200. 1968 Nolan Ryan Rookie Reprints cougar701 Posts: 541 April 9, 2016 10:31PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum Does anyone have some context for who produced these near exact duplicates of the Nolan Ryan Rookie and I assume other stars from 1968 Topps Set? The November issue of Beckett Baseball Card. Contact him at [emailprotected]. 7.5 Ryan said after the game that it was the same sort of move he used on steers he had to brand on his Texas ranch. 1968 Topps #177 Nolan Ryan Rookie Card Estimated PSA 8 NM-MT Value: $8,000 The Nolan Ryan rookie card is by far and away the most valuable in the 1968 Topps set. This item is so frequently counterfeited that unless this item is examined by an authenticator such as PSA we cannot consider it authentic for appraisal purposes. Texas Rangers pitcher Nolan Ryan hits Robin Ventura of the Chicago White Sox after Ventura charged the mound, Aug. 4, 1993 in Arlington, Texas. When Condition Issues:The entire 1968 Topps baseball card set is one of the better-printed vintage sets so finding Ryan rookies in high grade is relatively easily. Of course, if you have any questions on the Ryan rookie card, please feel free to email me atchris@allvintagecards.com. Nolan Ryan's 1968 rookie card, which depicts him as a member of the New York Mets, sold for $500,000 at auction Saturday. By navigating the site, you agree to the use of cookies to collect information. Rookies - You Pick! PSA 4 7 8. Its noticeable when you have two cards side by side but not so much when a Milton Bradley card on its own. How Much Is Nolan Ryan's Rookie Card Worth? Test - Value Auction: Auction: 16326020: 09/10/2022: $114,041: . Ryan was an incredible pitcher and was deservedly inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1999. Venezuelan cards are nearly impossible to find in conditions greater than EX. Most Watched Vintage Baseball Cards on eBay, Most Watched Hank Aaron Rookie Cards on eBay, Most Watched Jackie Robinson Cards on eBay, Most Watched Vintage Basketball Cards on eBay, Most Watched Michael Jordan Rookie Cards on eBay, Most Watched Bill Russell Rookie Cards on eBay, Most Watched Bird/Magic Rookie Cards on eBay, Most Watched Julius Erving Rookie Cards on eBay, Most Watched Kobe Bryant Rookie Cards on eBay, Most Watched Star Basketball Cards on eBay, Most Watched Unopened Basketball Wax on eBay, Most Watched Vintage Football Cards on eBay, Most Watched Tom Brady Rookie Cards on eBay, Most Watched Jim Brown Rookie Cards on eBay, Most Watched Joe Montana Rookie Cards on eBay, Most Watched Unopened Football Wax on eBay, Most Watched Vintage Hockey Cards on eBay, Most Watched Wayne Gretzky Rookie Cards on eBay, All Vintage Cards Small Cap Value Baseball Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Mid Cap Value Baseball Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Large Cap Value Baseball Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Small Cap Value Basketball Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Mid Cap Value Basketball Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Large Cap Value Basketball Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Small Cap Value Football Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Mid Cap Value Football Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Large Cap Value Football Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Small Cap Hockey Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Mid Cap Hockey Portfolio, All Vintage Cards Large Cap Hockey Portfolio, Consign Your Sports Cards With All Vintage Cards, How To Safely Package And Ship Your Sports Cards (Complete Guide), Michael Jordan Basketball Card Price Guide (1980s), Sports Card Grading 101: The Definitive Tutorial, Sports Card Grading Calculator (Should I Grade My Card? The 1968 O-Pee-Chee Ryan/Koosman may not be as iconic as 1968 Topps, but its definitely harder to find. More often than not, future Hall of Famers would be paired with players who barely made an impact. Please confirm that this mark significantly reduces the value of the card that is otherwise in very good condition. Rookie Stars Topps Card #177 featuring N.Y. Mets pitchers Nolan Ryan and Jerry Koosman. Heritage Auctions sold a copy in PSA 10 Gem Mint condition for a stunning $612,359 in August of 2016. 1909-11 T206 PSA 2 Tris Speaker Sweet Caporal 350/25 Very Respectable 2! Just ask Robin Ventura! I've always loved this card as it gives a great shot of Mantle batting lefty with intense concentration in his legendary Yankee pinstripes. 2022 Topps Update 1987 Redux Inserts - Incl. ), The Ultimate Guide To Michael Jordan Rookie Cards, Milton Bradley, O-Pee-Chee, and Venezuelan Topps. Just about everything about it is the same as Topps. The Ryan Rookie card is the top rookie and most valuable card in the 1968 Topps set. PSA has graded less than 200 of the O-Pee-Chee Ryan Rookie cards. The Mick was larger than life and fans adored the Yankees slugger. All Vintage Cards content is free. Copyright 2022 - All Vintage Cards - All Rights Reserved. 25 Most Valuable Nolan Ryan Baseball Cards: Price List 1. Koosman himself was actually a very good pitcher and finished with 222 wins and a very respectable 3.36 ERA. Your email address will not be published. 2022 TOPPS Black&White Milestone Moment #MM1-10+Vintage Vantage #VV1-10 YOU PICK, 1968 Topps Mets Rookies # 177 - Nolan Ryan RC - PSA 2 Good, 2023 Topps Series 1 Baseball Inserts *You Pick Your Cards* 20% off 4+/ Free Ship, 2023 Topps Series 1 1988 35th Anniversary COMPLETE YOUR SET / PICK YOUR CARD RC, 1963 Topps Pete Rose Rookie Card a Hobby Trendsetter, Vietnam Veteran Garry Maddox Led Phillies to Victory on Memorial Day in 1980, 1986 Fleer Baseball Cards 11 Most Valuable. No matter which 1968 Nolan Ryan Rookie Card or variation you go for, someone else is going to be along for the ride. This set was quite large as it contained a total of 598 cards. Topps Mets Rookie Stars w/ Nolan Ryan Price: $2,025 Year: 1968 Grade: PSA 8 Card Number: #177 This is a Topps card produced in 1968 by Topps, the chewing gum company that made baseball trading cards. Like a pack of cards, the assortment was mixed. click to enlarge. Number:This is card #177 which means it is not oneof the high number series cards (#458 598) in the set. 1957 Topps Baseball Cards 15 Most Valuable, 1967 Topps Baseball Cards 17 Most Valuable, 1959 Topps Baseball Cards 17 Most Valuable, 1961 Topps Baseball Cards 16 Most Valuable, 1986 ProCards Pittsfield Cubs Rafael Palmeiro Left Room for Interpretation Wax Pack Gods, 1998 Upper Deck Final Tribute Captured Eddie Murray in His Second Home Wax Pack Gods, Players with 3000 Hits and 500 Home Runs Wax Pack Gods, Card Traders Near Me: Where to Find Them! As for the Milton Bradley rookie card variation, this one can be a bit more challenging to tell. Most Watched 2022 Baseball Rookie Cards on eBay; Bowman Chrome Cards; Wander Franco Cards . Like a lot of the top rookie cards from the 1950s and 1960s, the 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan has seen a surge in prices over the last few years. The following two images feature the 1968 Topps Milton Bradley Nolan Ryan rookie card. Per the official. Visually, the key difference is in the copyright on the bottom of the back. Our love of card collecting and in particular vintage sports cards drives our desire to inform others of the joys of collecting. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2022 by Old Sports Cards, LLC. Alot of poeple were asking in another thread.if the card was over-sized or had a value over $100, Topps inserted a redemption card instead. 1910 T206 SWEET CAPORAL TRIS SPEAKER MISSING RED INK PSA 2 GD PWCC-A HOF RED SOX. 1968 Rookie Stars - Jerry Koosman, Nolan Ryan [BVG 2 GOOD] $525.07. More than likely the card is trimmed and PSA won't slab it. The other Nolan Ryan Rookie Card comes from up north in Canada courtesy of O-Pee-Chee. All but inserts4collectors refunded me when I threatened further action. His career spanned across four decades and four different teams: the Mets, Angels, Astros and Rangers but the Cooperstown recognizes his primary team as the Angels. But Ryan also wanted to attend college and had grand plans to earn a basketball scholarship. Lynn "Nolan" Ryan Jr. has always had a calm demeanor, derived early on from Ryan's struggles in school. Not enough good things can be said about Clemente. 1968 Topps #177 NOLAN RYAN Rookie Card Mets HOF REPRINT - Baseball Card Brand: Baseball - Ungraded 6 ratings $695 See more 1968 Topps #177 NOLAN RYAN Rookie Card Mets HOF REPRINT - Baseball Card NOLAN RYAN 1968 NOLAN RYAN Nolan Ryan New York Mets Customers also search Page 1 of 1 nolan ryan memorabilia nolan ryan card 1986 topps nolan ryan T206 Jack Chesbro PSA 8(OC), Sharpest corners I have ever seen!! Koosman himself was actually a very good pitcher and finished with 222 wins and a very respectable 3.36 ERA. 1968 Topps NOLAN RYAN #177 Rookie Stars RC Jerry Koosman Original Rookie Card. But none of those compare to the 1963 Topps Pete Rose rookie and 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan rookie. Basically I'm starting to get worried that this card may not be legit. followed by the 1981 Topps Joe Montana, the 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan rookie and the 1966 and '68 Topps Mickey Mantle. Between this trio of bombers, they hit a jaw-dropping 1,769 home runs with Mays topping the list: Had Killebrew played on a larger market team, we would likely hear a lot more about him. However, they can also act as a place holder for the real thing for those not wanting to spend the money on an original. Ships Free $132 Design:The overall design is the exact same as the regular Topps issue but the card stock is lighter and a note in the lower right corner on the reverse side reminds us it was printed in Canada. The condition issues that plague these cards can drastically drive up the value of higher grade copies. 1909-11 T206 TY COBB Sweet Caporal 350-460/42 Bat Off Shoulder PSA 1 TIGERS HOF, PSA 10 Ty Cobb Honus Wagner Shoeless Joe One of One 1/1 Game Used Bat Card T206, 1909 T206 Red Portrait Ty Cobb Piedmont Back PSA 2.5 Centered Eye Appeal HOF, T206 Nap Lajoie Piedmont 350 With Bat PSA 4, 1909-1911 T206 Sweet Caporal Tris Speaker SGC Authentic Red Sox, 1909-11 T206 RARE Polar Bear Back TY COBB Red Portrait SGC 1.5 Tobacco Card, 1909 T206 Sweet Caporal 350 Ty Cobb Red Portrait PSA 4 VG-EX Good Centering. Saves; Blog; Completed sales as of 02/26/2023 . Condition Issues:The lighter paper stock does expose it to more wear and tear. Major League Baseball did well in creating the Roberto Clemente Award which is given annually to the player who "best exemplifies the game of baseball, sportsmanship, community involvement and the individual's contribution to his team.". Nolan Ryan 1991 Leaf Gold Rookies Card #BC25 DP HOF RANGER Free Shipping. And between those two, I'd say it's very close but eventually I'd have to crown the 1963 Topps Pete Rose rookie as the best and most important card of the 1960's. Recent Sales And Listings For Nolan Ryan Certified Autograph Issue. Getting more into the intricacies of the card stock, the 1968 OPC Nolan Ryan is noticeably more brown as well. I've read a lot about these secondary grading services and was wondering if I should send it in to PSA to be graded. Like the Venezuelan Topps Ryan rookie, the OPC Ryan can be distinguished by the copyright section at the bottom of the card. Attached the pictures of the listing i am showing to everyone that is fake! Via Goldin Auctions, this 1968 Nolan Ryan rookie card sold for $600,000 USD on August 28, 2020. 1968 TOPPS #177 NOLAN RYAN PSA 8 NM-MT Rookie RC HOF Sharp Card! In August, 2020, the lone PSA 10 copy sold for $600,000 through Goldin Auctions. next will attach various real snaps. Grading Scale. Later versions of O-Pee-Chee cards, especially hockey cards, have the O-Pee-Chee name printed somewhere on the card itself but that was not the case here. And what about the Nolan Ryan rookie card value for raw copies? Login. All autographs are authenticated by reputable authenticators PSA/DNA His first full year in the big leagues came in 1968, when he posted a 3.09 ERA in 21 appearances. Sent them off to PSA and all 9 came back as counterfeits. as there are four different versions of his rookie card known to exist. . The color is not nearly as vivid on the Venezuelan version, giving everything a sort of brownish tint. Probably 99 % of cards that are graded by PRO are trimmed. Selling prices for the Ryan RC in that grade were in the $200-300 range before the COVID-19 pandemic began, in late 2019 and early 2020. Like any Venezuelan Topps card, its incredibly rare since far fewer were printed. Sellers declare the item's customs value and must comply with customs declaration laws. Wildlife vs Layton; UPS Theft; 49ers Collector in England Michael Jordan Rookie Cards Value Soaring: A Guide to . Ridiculously over-priced, the 1968 MB cards are not that scarce and can often be found still intact in unopened sets and almost always in high grade. Do you think I should send it to PSA? Besides normal wear and tear that comes with any baseball card from the 1960s, finding a well-centered copy can be tough. This website uses cookies to ensure you the best experience. I bought 5 packs of 1991 Topps at a local, now closed, grocery store. 7 But if you do encounter condition issues usually its poor centering or wear and tear showing easily along those burlap-colored borders. But if you go by grading population reports, Milton Bradley is more available than the 1968 O-Pee-Chee Ryan/Koosman, though. Every effort has been made to ensure the integrity of the data but transcription and other errors may have occurred. Contact. Buy from many sellers and get your cards all in one shipment! For starters, its a glossy card typical with the late 1990s, not 60s cardboard. The front also has a large gold foil stamp thats front and center. From the PSA website: The OPC Ryan Rookie card is the Canadian based version of the Topps Ryan rookie card and is also a lot tougher to find as compared to the Topps Ryan rookie. 1968 Nolan Ryan Baseball Cards, . Simply put, he was one of the greatest and most feared pitchers to ever grace the mound. 1980 Topps Baseball Cards Pick From List (Includes Rookies) EX Cond 401-600, 2022 TOPPS SERIES 2 SILVER PACK MOJO 1987 W/ RC - YOU PICK - COMPLETE YOUR SET, You Pick Topps 1970 1971 1972 1973 Stars Rookies High Numbers Aaron Rose Ex BX6A, 1968 TOPPS #177 NOLAN RYAN NEW YORK METS ROOKIE BASEBALL CARD SGC 3 VG, 2022 Donruss Baseball - Rookies & Stars - You Pick / Complete Your Set #1-230, 2019 Topps SILVER PACK 1984 Chrome Inserts Series 1 / Series 2 / Update You Pick, 1968 Topps Baseball Card #177 Nolan Ryan / Jerry Koosman Rookie VGEX. 8.5 Love them or hate them, this set definitely has its place in the vintage card collecting circle. The differences in appearance are small. Need help buying or selling cards or have a general question about the hobby? Learn more, NOLAN RYAN AUTO 2001 TOPPS ARCHIVES RESERVE REFRACTOR, 2022 Topps Brooklyn Collection CJ Abrams Bush Terminal Die-Cut Rookie RC /36, Nolan Ryan 2022 Leaf In The Game Used Sports Hobby 1 Case Player Break #4, 2021 Topps Series 1 / Series 2 / Update 1986 35th Anniversary Inserts You Pick, 1968 Topps NOLAN RYAN ROOKIE PSA 1 #177 Iconic RC Card Jerry Koosman METS, 2022 Stadium Club Baseball Pick Your Own & Complete Your Set, 2020 Topps TURKEY RED Inserts Series 1 / Series 2 / Update With Rookies You Pick. Any reason why you think the card is trimmed? Apparently I was not the only one, because around the same time, Gem put a disclaimer on their web site as follows: Every member of this board knows that Gem and PRO grading are nothing but a scam for whoever owns the companies. Of course, if you have any questions on the Ryan rookie card, please feel free to email me at, Scouting card of Red Murff, a former MLB Scout who discovered Ryan for the Mets (. He gave me a couple of noogies, but that was about it. They all have just one rookie card. Ryan only made two appearances for the Mets in 1966, missed virtually all of the next season because of injury and served six months in the Army Reserves during the Vietnam War. For Nolan Ryan, hes alongside a great. Nolan Ryan's official rookie card is his 1968 Topps #177 card. Your email address will not be published. Irmen. Sandy Koufax. Any non-white card border poses that risk and this card is no exception. Not only is Nolan Ryan one of the best and most dominant pitchers of all-time, but hes also one of the most popular in the hobby. If you were to crown one baseball card as the king of the 1960's would you pick the 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan rookie card? Number:This is again card #177but only cards #1-196 of the set were released in Canada which means Ryan barely made the cutoff. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're OK with that. 2023 Topps Series 1 Baseball | INSERTS | Pick From List & Complete Your Set! Ryan's rookie is a highly counterfeited card, and even though PRO is worthless, they generally don't slab counterfeits. 1968 Topps #177 Nolan Ryan & Jerry Koosman Rookie Card - Mets HOF | eBay. For those looking for a better investment angle, I'd steer more toward the rarer OPC, Milton Bradley, or Venezuelan Topps rookie cards or, even better, find an autographed Ryan rookie. What a great look at Pete Rose standing in a batting pose doing what he did best: getting ready to hit the baseball. If my card comes back trimmed, I may just send it back to PRO to get graded again. That PSA 10 copy that sold for $612k was the only copy graded in that condition. In total, the set is composed of 132 cards: 77 baseball, 33 football and 22 hot rod cards. A perfect Gem-Mint (PSA 10) copy of the 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan rookie card sold for $600,000 in August 2020 at Goldin Auctions. I ended up pulling a redemption card for 1968 Topps #177KNEW which card this was immediately and was very excited. 1968 Topps #177 Nolan Ryan Jerry Koosman ROOKIE Stars Mets PSA 5 Graded MLB Baseball Card Brand: Topps $3,69996 See more Selling vintage and modern Sports cards both graded and ungraded, opened and unopened. Nolan Ryan baseball card #760 PSA 10 Value: $1,079 1985 Topps Tiffany Nolan Ryan baseball card #760 graded PSA 10 Check prices on eBay In its second year of producing a high-gloss collectors edition of its regular baseball card set, Topps cut production to 5,000 sets. Coinflation. Heritage recently sold a complete set with the cards, I don't remember the price, but it was way less than what the Ryan went for, and the MB set includes many other stars. If your 1968 Topps card has this white line, you've got a Milton Bradley. 2021 Topps Series 1 INSERTS W/ RC YOU PICK COMPLETE YOUR SET ~ 1952, 1986, 70YT, 2022 Topps ALLEN & GINTER (1-200) You Pick COMPLETE YOUR SET (Buy 3 Get 1 FREE! Description 1968 Topps #177 Nolan Ryan (Mets Rookie Stars) SGC 98 GEM MINT 10 You May Also Like Nolan Ryan / Jerry Koosman (New York Mets) 1968 Topps Baseball #177 RC Rookie Card - PSA 9 OC (F) $ 1970 Topps #712 Nolan Ryan Mets Psa 9 30474101 1968 Topps #177 Nolan Ryan New York Mets Rookie Baseball Card Psa 6 Em/mt Almost Gone! Before using this information to make a buying or selling decision, confirm the data by consulting the actual sales catalog and prices realized. 1994 UPPER DECK ALEX RODRIGUEZ CLASSIC ALUMNI 1993 PSA 9 MINT!!! Mays is shown hoisting a pair of bats over one should and staring off to the left. Facebook; Twitter; . "The sellers were shaqfu1, inserts4collectors, and sportscardzz, aka RedZone. Free shipping for many products! He also loves to write about the hobby and has written for Beckett, Topps, SABR and of course, this website. Some are willing to pay more for varying types of inscriptions, but some buyers prefer a regular signature. Despite it's altered conditioned, it's a still a very important card from a historical point of view. But the easiest and most noticeable is the bright yellow color of the cards back.