I went to a different dealer and they said $2900 for everything before tax. GM's number for this recall is N212330040. On the other hand, if you don't mind sending your pump to the recycling yard, you should be able to do it for less than $50. You could even qualify for two times your money back. 355-horsepower 5.3L V8 8-speed shiftable automatic 4WD w/low range. This site and its content are for general information purposes, not legal advice. GM HEADACHES! Brought this truck in 2016. I was 9. Inadequate welds may allow the control arm to separate from the bushing, compromising steering and increasing the risk of a crash. here are the top 10 Transmission Problems in 2016 Chevy Silverado: Hard and abrupt upshifts or downshifts; delayed acceleration; noises coming from the gearbox. This is known as a Mandatory Recall. 737mechanic 10.4K subscribers Subscribe 97K views 2 years ago I change the fluid and filter on my 2016 Sierra. 2016 Chevy Silverado Transmission Problems Let the engine idle for 2 minutes. These repairs will be performed free of charge. Those options will be: (a) do nothing, in which case you may get nothing but be bound by the settlement, (b) submit a claim form if requested and get whatever relief is provided and the settlement also binds you, or (c) opt-out and pursue your own claims, in which case you are not bound by the settlement but cannot participate in the relief being offered to class members. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. In September 2019, the plaintiffs filed an amended class action complaint. Owners will be mailed a second notice when remedy parts are available. Chevy Silverado is the successor of the Chevy C/K pickup truck produced by General Motors (GM) since 1973. Genera Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, Malibu, Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles. complained about shifting probles in first year, was told everything was normal.last week trans started stuttering. When diagnosing a shudder vibration condition on some 2016-2018 Silverado, Sierra; 2016-2020 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon; 2019-2020 Silverado 1500 and Sierra 1500 models. This leads to metal shavings circulating throughout the transmission. How To Sell Your Vehicle For Cash? The transmission completely fails and is unrepairable. No. stream 10 0 obj If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Still sux that we have to "make" it work for the that we have to pay for this latest greatest trucks. How To Get FREE Junk Car Pickup For Cash? I have owned chevys for many years. Apparently this is common in 2015-2019 Silverado's. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. I kept the Z71 wheels but went with 275/70/18 BFG at tko2's which measure as 33"+ tire size and that might be affecting it a little. And the check engine light never came on. If the problem is with the line pressure control solenoid, for example, you'll need to replace it with any other parts that might be damaged by constant exposure to fluids. Talked to dealership, cost is around $6300.00 for replacement and labor. Transmission was replaced and dealer appealed to GM to help/cover some of the costs, since the truck had such low mileage (92k) and it had the heavy-duty tow package. If you are interested in getting a custom tune and are in the north west Arkansas area, look up tuned by JP!! I was driving down the road, with my cruise set at 35. A forum community dedicated to all General Motors truck owners and enthusiasts. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. We have been diligent about changing the oil every 3000 miles, and getting all the other recommended maintenance and have always taken it to the dealership for service. I tried restarting the vehicle after clearing codes, and wouldnt go out of first gear. We don't sell/share your email. If you feel any vibration or shudder when accelerating, have your car checked out right away otherwise, you might need a transmission overhaul. All these are problems vehicles generally experience. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. For many people, a class action settlement may provide significant benefits and requires little effort to participate. However, mass transmission problems began in 2012 and lasted until 2019. Guy's thanks for the input. However, if you don't want to deal with hassles selling your 2016 Chevy Silverado, Cash Cars Buyer would like to make you an offer for your car. The 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 has 90 transmission problems reported on Car Complaints. 2:19-cv-11044-DML-DRG)) was filed on April 10, 2019, which was consolidated with class action lawsuits filed by several other consumers on behalf of people who purchased or leased certain cars equipped with an 8L45 or 8L90 GM transmission. 455 HP & Torque, 6.2L, 2019 1SS. I will try the manual shifter and see how that works. and buy a Toyota. Chevy Silverado is one of the most popular full-size pickups in the United States. The only trailer pulled was a utility trailer hauling a 650lb ATV. In addition, Civil Code 1794(c) and 1793.2(d) provide that customers may have a civil penalty up to two times the actual damages if manufacturers acted willfully (meaning knowingly, not necessarily malicious) in ignoring or failing its obligation under the Song-Beverly Act. Only alternatives weve been given is to replace the transmission since they dont have the parts or trade in, losing a bunch of money. Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 are both known for having automatic transmissions that tend to fail early in the car's lifespan. My bill was over $5,300 to have the dealer replace it. Hard shifting Hard and abrupt upshifts or downshifts; delayed acceleration; noises coming from the gearbox. 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reliability We expect the 2023 Silverado 1500 will be much less reliable than the average new car. You're basically complaining that it's not driving the way it was designed because you changed the design. GM will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the EBCM, free of charge. Note: Only DEXRONHP Fluid should be used. My third party warranty isn't going to cover the repair either because they are using my 26"rims and new tires as a modification excuse not to cover my repair which is complete bs. No hassles and no hidden fees: We only ask you for a few basic details about your car, that's all. There is much to consider in deciding whether to pursue a lemon law claim. I also check the trans fluid and it is burnt black. General Motors is facing a class action lawsuit that alleges some of its automatic eight-speed Chevrolet, Cadillac and GMC vehicles have a defect in their transmissions. << 3 Power Train problem Failure Date: 11/12/2022 Dealer removed transmission pan and it was full of metal shavings and clutch material. Warranty better damn sure cover it!! The recall began on March 14, 2016. Nine problems related to automatic transmission torque converter have been reported for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Maybe an alternator, water pump or whatever, but something as critical as the transmission is ridiculous. The 6 speed tranny is giving me fits as it tries to get into 4th gear at 25-3o mph and when I try to give it gas or speed up, it can't decide which gear to go into and just sputters and chugs until I stomp on it and it takes off like a rocket. endobj If they prevail at trial, you receive whatever relief that is awarded by the judge or jury. On the way to nearby dealership that was about 2 more miles, transmission went to slipping and lost pulling power. My money is being spent elsewhere. Had it in on August 2, for an oil change and inspection. Fully depress the accelerator pedal without starting the engine. Spread the word. Hopefully nothing else breaks before I sell this p.o.s. Waiting for the recall to replace the tranny, or for it to tear itself up. During this test, deployment of the frontal air bags and the seat belt pretensioners would not occur in the event of a crash. Finally, I also get shuddering. stream The most common symptoms include vehicle failed to start after being driven, battery drainage, the vehicle won't crank up or start but stalls right away. When a driver accelerates or decelerates, the cars will reportedly hesitate and then shudder, jerk, clunk or "hard shift" when the automatic transmission switches gears. iracing setup cheat sheet oval 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 Check Engine Light on w/code U1501. The TCM is a $500 part, while the pressure modulator valve can cost you up to $1,000 if it must be replaced with a new one. When the light changed, I made a left hand turn onto another road. I cannot believe GM and Chevy, and very likely the mechanics know about this and do not even give you a warning. Mostly highway. 82k miles, then the transmission starts shuddering in high gear, which feels like a slight bump every now and then or fairly consistently. According to the National Highway. I love the pulling power and torque but around town driving, which I mostly do, is very frustrating. GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver seat belt lap pretensioner, free of charge. >> Its 7K miles over the powertrain GM warranty so I'm stuck with the bill. A class action lawsuit (Won v. General Motors LLC (ED MI. The common transmissions in recent Silverado 1500 models are six-speed, eight-speed, and 10-speed automatic transmissions. The repair cost will depend on the number and severity of problems you're facing; repairs should not go beyond $700 under normal circumstances. And because the matter is settled, as long as the court approves a settlement, you will get the relief described in the class notice. It had 474K on it when the transmission went out. Some consumers have claimed that they needed to have their transmissions flushed because of the metal shavings. Chevy's automatic transmissions have received widespread acclaim for their outstanding dependability and durability. Custom tunes are always highly recommended. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Current or former owners experiencing these GM transmission problems should be aware that the California lemon law and other state and federal laws may force GM to either buy the vehicle back or provide further compensation for those experiencing the Transmission Defect. For example, replacing a transmission pan gasket could cost you as little as $30 even if you do it on your own, while a complete overhaul (which includes replacing several other parts) should cost no more than $700-$800. Not a good week for Chevrolet reliability. %PDF-1.7 These services are hard to prolonging the life of your 2016 Chevy Silverado transmission. Additionally, a loose pedal may also interfere with the accelerator pedal. GM covered $800 of the total bill of $5300 to replace the transmission. When this happens, you are likely to have flooded your engine because of faulty spark plugs or ignition control modules since these parts work closely together when providing fuel to the engine. Always consult with your doctor before stopping any medication. All of these components cost less than $150 and can be replaced in a matter of minutes if you know what you're doing. More specifically, here are some tips to prevent premature transmission problems in 2016 Chevy Silverado: If you're a DIY type of person, then a bad transmission might be something that interests you. While a motion for class certification was heard in June 2022, and there is a request pending to certify a Michigan sub-class, at this point, the case has not been certified to proceed as a class action. Replacing your transmission can be extremely easy if you're well-versed in automotive technology and have the appropriate tools for the jobit's not rocket science, after all. I'm going to buy a Tundra tomorrow and sell my Chevy. Whether or not it's a beautiful day has nothing to do with what it's like outside. We handle everything from the paperwork to the repairs all you have to do is receive your payment and drive away in your new car. Selling Your Car With A Cashiers Check: Your Ultimate Guide, How To Sell A Car With A Check Engine Light? The recall is expected to begin January 10, 2021. Call 3173336958 or schedule an appointment online to read more! Recently had a transmission failure on my 2016 Silverado LT. Without the update, certain driving conditions may cause the air bag sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) software to activate a diagnostic test. About two weeks ago, I was stopped at a red light. Free case review! Owners may contact GMC customer service at 1-888-988-7267 or Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. The recall is expected to begin May 24, 2021. I dismissed it even though it has happened several times. Switching to Ford if GM doesn't give me some consideration for being 1500 miles out of warranty. Get The Best Deal, Selling Your Car With A Check: Everything You Need To Know, The Essential Role of Drivers in Preventing Major Car Problems. GM seemed to acknowledge this issue when it replaced some 8-speed transmissions in some GMC Sierras and Silverados, but that's as far as the automaker has gone at this point. A motion to consolidate an additional class action lawsuit is pending and set for a hearing on February 28, 2023. Install the transmission fluid pan and refill with new transmission fluid following the fluid fill procedure in SI to obtain correct fluid level. If you're satisfied with the quote, then sit back and let us handle the rest. Hard shifting at the heart of the complaints When the words "slip, buck, kick and jerk" appear as it relates to a transmission shifting, that's never a good thing. Have you taken it in for repairs on more than one occasion. On September the 24, my wife and I were heading to Lowes, when the truck started bucking and making a lot of noise. Pulled a trailer with a zero turn mower on it was the only time it's towed anything. There are 13 recalls on this vehicle. ALL WARRANTIES WERE OVER - THE ONLY PLACE THIS VEHICLE WAS SERVICED WAS AT THE CHEVROLET DEALER IN TUCSON ON BROADWAY. Transmission failed on a hill in a small town in Wyoming. Home. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. I've put on 20k miles myself and the transmission completely gave up on me at 67,015 miles. Update from Sep 27, 2021: Just found out that it is going to cost me about $4500 to have the transmission rebuilt on the heavy side like it should have been in the first place. The 2016 Silverado has been recalled for a problem with the torque converter. For many people, a class action provides significant benefits without spending money or doing much other than completing a claim form. Torque converter supposedly went bad leading to a rebuild of the transmission, new torque converter, pump & pump housing. I will never buy any modern GM made products ever again. The class action suit filed against General Motors has requested that they change their warranties to address these transmission problems and also issue a recall for affected vehicles. In this article, we'll provide you with all the information you need to troubleshoot and repair your truck's transmission. Disclaimer: Information on this site may be considered attorney advertising under your states laws and ethical rules. I did try the tow haul mode for a little while but didn't really like the way it shifted then. Finally, as the Song-Beverly Act is a pro-consumer fee-shifting statute under Civil Code 1794(d), manufacturers such as GM must pay consumers attorneys fees and costs as part of any litigation or settlement. This damage to the transmission and torque converter imposes escalating repairs upon consumers, including the need to flush the metal shavings from the transmission. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500, 3500, 1500 Crew Cab Special Service, Tahoe Police Pursuit/Special Service, GMC Sierra 2500, and 3500 vehicles. General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2019-2020 Chevrolet . OBD-II Code P0706 is defined as a Transmission Range Sensor Circuit Range/Performance CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Silverado has a few problems reported here & there, but that's to be expected for a popular model. /Length 2335 I ended up finding a local car guy that has a custom tuning program and we hooked up the truck and after almost 3 hours of driving and tweaking all 6 gear shift points, the truck if finally the way it should be. Will let you know what they say. All maintenance prior to this was done at the dealer, as I got it certified used and had two free oil changes/service checks. 2016 Dually, LML 6.6 Diesel. According to TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) 18-NA-355, the latest update addresses "torque converter clutch (TCC) shudder conditions on 8L45 and 8L90" eight-speed automatic transmissions, RPO codes M5N, M5T, M5U, and M5X. How Long Do Ford Mustangs Last? I raised hell when I found out this is a common factory default problem and demanded the dealership go to GM and have them pay for the repair. Tips And Tricks. Jeep Clutch Recall Involves Gladiator and Wrangler SUVs, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Yep, that couuld very well work.to a point. 2:19-cv-11044-DML-DRG) was filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan on April 10, 2019. Transmission failed while pulling a small travel trailer in the midst of a 2 month road trip. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Under Civil Code 1793.2(d)(1), manufacturers such as GM must promptly offer repurchase or replacement of the vehicle if they cannot fix it in a reasonable time frame. Problems such as whining, difficulty in 1st to 2nd gear change, slipping transmissions, and shuddering transmission are quite common. The 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has 879 problems & defects reported by Silverado 1500 owners. Bought truck new in 2016. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. lawsuits can be viewedhere. I do go off-road, but nothing more than a farm field or dirt road. I have no interest in giving anymore money to the Chevy dealership. have had all my services done at prince chevrolet in valdosta, ga. A pickup should not have transmission problems at 80,000 miles. This recall supersedes NHTSA recall number 20V-736. Case full of metal. $7000!!! With vehicle issues, what to do can be a complicated decision, as it can depend on many factors. endobj Generation 2 Chevy Volt (2016-2020) Problems, Driver Warnings or DTCs . I would disconnect and reconnect the battery. Manufacturing defects. A failure of the front air bags or seat belt pretensioners to deploy in the event of a crash necessitating deployment increases the risk of injury to the driver and front passenger. Usually between 3-4 gear. They did perform a fluid flush/fill at no cost last year. The first recall was fairly minor, seeing computer housing fractures in just 90 units. dealership said transmission was bad, possible $5200 for repair/replacement couldn't get to until dec 20th. When a driver accelerates or decelerates, the cars will reportedly hesitate and then shudder, jerk, clunk or hard shift when the automatic transmission switches gears. If you feel comfortable working on your car yourself, both can be replaced for less than $200 in labor charges, but it's best to leave transmission repairs to professionals unless you know what you're doing. Are there any recalls on 2020 Chevy Silverado? You may be able to find a used or refurbished axle assembly for under $300, but a new one should cost no more than $400-$500. Finally, the 2015 model is highlighted due to its atrocious transmission and AC problems. The GM 8L45 eight-speed automatic transmission According to TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) 18-NA-355, the latest update addresses "torque converter clutch (TCC) shudder conditions on 8L45 and.