Support local journalism: Subscribe to azcentral.com today. His team won a Southern . I have been in the game since 1970 when I played Little League. Kenny earned his second consecutive MAC defensive player of the year award and fourth All-MAC first team honor. "He's an on-base machine at the top of the lineup and does well with the bat, but what people don't see if they don't watch us on a regular basis is just how good he is with the glove. GREENSBORO, N.C. Arcadia University baseball head coach Bryan Torresani has been named the Region IV Coach of the Year by the American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA) and ATEC Sports as announced by the association on Tuesday morning. Arcadia opens the home portion of the MAC Freedom schedule on March 19 with a visit from Wilkes. Matt Sugarman. I was also called back to play for the Minnesota Twins during the MLB strike in 1995. Another of my goals is to increase alumni involvement. He needs to work on his command a bit, but he has all the tools to be a very good pitcher. Here are two of our most popular articles to get you started: NCSA College Recruiting (NCSA) is the exclusive athletic recruiting network that educates, assists, and connects, families, coaches and companies so AURA Head Coach MPL - PH S5 Champion For business and endorsements: business@echo.ph Former: - Sunsparks Coach - Bren Esports AOV. High School Head Coach (12 years) Personalized, one-on-one instruction is the secret to improved skills and increased confidence. Schedule Roster Stats Feb 1, 2023 @ 12:00am Nearby Baseball Teams Bourgade Catholic Brophy College Camelback Keep up to date with The Baseball Cube site updates. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Due to federal privacy regulations, we are not able to create an athlete profile for students under 13 years old. I can't say enough good things about the trip, though I don't believe we saw a fastball below 90 mph the entire time," Torresani said with a laugh. According to information you submitted, you are under the age of 13. "We're not talking much about the rankings, and we're not talking much about what we can't control," said Bryan Torresani, Arcadia's head coach now entering his seventh season at the helm. From 2009 to 2011, he led an offense that broke 16 school records and a team that claimed the Northern Athletics Conference Championship. Arcadia's head coach . We have a good group of guys here who don't get phased much, so the polls don't really impact us.". Arcadia University Glenside, PA Assistant Baseball Coach, Full Time :CH0046 Arcadia University Glenside, PA 2 weeks ago Be among the first 25 applicants See who Arcadia University has. Kermit Smith is an American college baseball coach and former player. For 6u Division. His only responsibility is to make the fans smile - and eat lots of stadium hot dogs. 3-2 programs in engineering, environmental education, environmental studies, special education, and forensic science. Gerlach had a seven-year run at Arcadia, going 110-84. The team is coached by Mr. Joe DiMaggio who has been named Coach of the Year numerous times. Western Carolina University Cullowhee, North Carolina NEW! Flames Hoping To Blaze Path To Championship. Arcadia Baseball Trainers Jason Klug 5.0 14 Reviews The best when it comes to one on one instruction Former NCAA All American #1 ranked trainer on lessons.com in Riverside High School. Technique is one of the most important parts of winning or losing the battle on the field. Herrera drove in Christian Garcia in the third and seventh innings, and also had a triple. "He flexed a bit more power this fall and has improved each year. The Perfect Baseball Pose for Photographers, How to Make a Baseball Stadium Scratch Model. The talented roster of players? Love watching the players I coach develop into stronger players and succeed in there goals. These talented athletes have years of experience and are experts at their craft. With the hiring of Troy Gerlach to replace interim Tom Abram, Messina, now the school's athletic director, believes stability will return to one of the most storied high school baseball programs in Arizona. No. All; Full Time; Part Time; Remote new ; Gigs; Internship new ; Relevance Date Date In six seasons as a college coach, Musselman has a 155-53 record. He has Good Stuff across the board, with a plus fastball and curveball. Any other questions please do ask. But what makes the Arcadia team so successful? Those young men will allow us to compete at our fullest potential. The undefeated Apaches are getting ready for a showdown with San Dimas on Saturday which may decide who the best team in the area is. L'Union | 4,936 followers on LinkedIn. After being a standout high school basketball player, I received a full ride scholarship to play at the D-1 level. Arcadia 65. away from Arcadia, CA. His coaching staffs attention to detail regarding opponent tendancies allowed Spangenberg to quietly and swiftly make on the fly adjustments, but you could always see him surveying the diamond and planning ahead- from a pitchers perspective to minor lineup changes and including his coaching duties at third base that allowed his players tosteal aseason total of 77 bags. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. Austin Morgan. Zachary Sekelick, Alex Madera and Cheeseman all finished with multi-hit games. "We're trying to keep the focus on ourselves and go out and have fun. "This will be the fourth head coach in four years and we have to build some sense of stability through trust and relationships throughout the program. 1/22/2016. He's a right fielder and could slide into the starting spot to open the year. After leaving no doubt of their drive to earn a post-season berth when the Knights toppled the Lions at home on Friday, they knew that in addition to sweeping the Lions, they would need both Alvernia and Messiah to sweep their final series. I love getting people better. Thanks for visiting the Arcadia University Baseball scholarship and program information page. The third baseman covers the area from third base to foul territory on the left side of the infield. Head Coach - Swimming and Diving . Click to reveal Todays opener was just another page out of the teams resiliency book for this season, where offense was supported by defense in the late innings. The network is available to high school student-athletes around the country through valued relationships with the NFLPA, FBU, NFCA and SPIRE. Arcadia University Director of Athletics & Recreation Shirley Liddle announced that Kenneth M. Spangenberg 08, who was an all-conference student-athlete at Abington Heights High School, is returning to Arcadia as the new Head Baseball Coach for Arcadia Universitys NCAA Division III program. Smith is the head coach of the Appalachian State Mountaineers baseball team. An award-winning sports writer, Patrick Gordon has covered baseball in Philadelphia for more than two decades. During the summer of 2009, Spangenberg also took over an Abington Legion team in his hometown that was 4-16 and led them to a 19-6 turnaround and a district title. Junior catcher Ryan Goodall, the NJAC Player of the Year and a first team all-region performer in 2021, is a career .330 hitter and drove in 33 runs in 31 games a year ago, including an eight-RBI explosion with two homers in the rout of Arcadia at Trenton Thunder Ballpark. Personally I have been playing baseball for 14 years. In the meantime, we'd like to offer some helpful information to kick start your recruiting process. Arcadia University Baseball Program Coaching & Recruiting Staff In short, he is the total package. Rio Hondo Prep (Arcadia, CA) Varsity Baseball Rio Hondo Prep Kares Varsity Boys Baseball Arcadia, CA FOLLOW TEAM 22-23 V. Baseball Home Schedule Roster Standings Photos News More / Rio Hondo Prep Baseball Rio Hondo Prep Baseball OVERALL 1-2 0.33 Win % LEAGUE 0-0 1st Prep HOME0-1 AWAY1-1 NEUTRAL0-0 PF20 PA13 STREAK1W Contribute to the Team By improving range of motion in natural sports-based, functional and athletic patterns, I can help clients with any goal begin to move better, reduce injury risk, and ultimate perform better in our workouts. I currently train numerous clients in boxing, ages range from 6 years old up to 60 years old. 200.80.43.120 After a brief professional career over seas playing basketball I fell in love with Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai and MMA. I am a certified personal trainer and hold a Bacehlor's Degree in Sports Science. As a four-year starter at Arcadia, Spangenberg emulated the leadership of then-coach Stan Exeter, pursuing excellence as a Division III student-athlete and in the classroom. Spangenberg served as an assistant coach at Keystone College in LaPlume, Pa., for the 2008-09 season, working with the infielders and hitters and assisting with recruiting. He was at Nevada for four seasons and then at Arkansas the past two seasons. They also handle trainings for basketball and football for different clients. The percentage of time Tyler C. responded to client inquiries within 48 hours in the last 3 months. 2) Robert Johnson 4) Jason Varitek The rest of the pitching staff is made up of solid prospects who could develop into major leaguers someday. Criminal Justice, Forensics and Corrections. Baseball lessons are offered in hitting, pitching, fielding and baserunning. . Quickness and explosive drills. The Knights collected seven first-place votes from opposing coaches for a total of 61 points. Hannah Green: Green is a junior who has been starting in the outfield since her freshman year. Spangenberg becomes the 5 th full-time head coach since Arcadia's baseball program began as an NCAA Division III program in 1995 . The shortstop must be able to field balls hit by the batter and throw them to either first or second base in order to get the batter out. "If you're going to get to where we want to get to, you need some horses on the mound that can hang with some of the best other horses across the country," Torresani said. The team went 5-7 in the shortened 2020 season before advancing to the MAC . Players who appeared in at least 1 game for the selected school/season. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Beginning with a 10-9 lead in final frame, the Knights gave themselves an insurance run and held Albright to a single counter run in the home half to record their 7th win in the Commonwealth, a program-best in their four-year association with the league. The Knights outlasted the host Lions 11-10 in game one, surviving an eight-run sixth inning from Albright that erased Arcadias 10-1 lead. Here is a look at the future of the Arcadia Baseball Team. College Baseball Recruiting Advisor at SportsForce & Head Baseball Coach at Arcadia High School Phoenix, Arizona, United States 965 followers 500+ connections Join to connect Arcadia High. This professional also teaches fielding and base running. Watch on. 107: UCF Head Baseball Coach Greg Lovelady . In Messina's first two years leading the Firebirds, they won back-to-back state titles. With all that being said, lets take a look at the best catchers in Raptor history. He has a strong arm and an accurate throwing motion that makes him a dangerous pitcher to face. That is really what college is all aboutdeveloping as a person, a student and an athlete. Due to my passion for playing and teaching I travel distances many coaches wouldn't in order to give players the opportunity to learn the knowledge I have gained throughout my career as a baseball player and coach. THE OFFICIAL ATHLETICS SITE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-WHITEWATER. He dealt with a broken foot last year but has looked solid in camp and likely will open the season with the starting role in center field. Behind Reyes, the pitching staff is full of young talent. Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. He finished with five RBI's over the two games. I have over 1. This is where the youngest and most inexperienced players play. Under Spangenberg, the Keystone offense was first in the nation in scoring, second in runs scored, fourth in batting average, fifth in slugging percentage, eighth in home runs, and 16th in stolen bases. The Nashville Predators joined the NHL in 1998 and are one of 33 teams to, Following his return to NBA action in January, the Orlando Magic's Jonathan Isaac will miss, Ella Parker has been in love with softball since she was a little girl watching, Kyle Busch proved his doubters wrong by winning with RCR, one of those doubters was, Anthony Richardson could become the NFL's next superstar quarterback in the right situation. This hitting trainer also does pitching instruction. In addition to the preseason team accolades, the Knights have five players on the NCAA Division III Players to Watch in 2023 list, including shortstop Alex Madera, second baseman Justin Massielo, right-handed pitchers Hunter Sibley and Hunter Curley, and left-handed hurler Nick Fossile. Arcadia set a program record last season with 40 wins while securing a Middle Atlantic Conference Freedom Championship and a trip to the NCAA Division III Championship Tournament. (throw breaking balls without putting strain on their arms which is VERY important depending on their age). The percentage of time Abe Garcia H. responded to client inquiries within 48 hours in the last 3 months. Our website uses cookies to understand how you navigate our content and to give you the best browsing experience. Spangenberg will look to the alumni of Arcadias baseball program for support. Spangenbergs play helped the Knights to four consecutive playoff appearances: PAC playoffs in 2005, 2006, and 2007 and MAC Freedom Conference playoffs in 2008. (Photo by Rudy Aguado /Cronkite News) SCOTTSDALE Ray Brown walked onto the field, grabbed the whistle hanging around his neck and quickly blew it. Please read our Data Protection & Use Notification to learn more. The teams combined success this season should allow for some further post-season accolades to be announced in the coming days. Already have an account? David Greiman Piano is one of georgia's premier baseball training centers. I was a high school standout in football and baseball. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Thank you for submitting a news tip to BVM Sports! To suggest human-interest story ideas and other news, reach Obert at richard.obert@arizonarepublic.com or 602-316-8827. The team's captain is shortstop Derek Jeter who was also named MVP of the league. Need someone in Arcadia who offers baseball hitting lessons? Chaparral had only two head coaches in its baseball history since the school opened in the 1970s -- Jerry Dawson and Messina -- before Nick Streward took over in 2018 and Abram, a former longtime Chaparral freshman head coach, replaced him this past season on an interim basis. I ensure that you learn proper technique and small tricks of the trade to make u better. Chaparral had only two head coaches in its baseball history since the school opened in the 1970s -- Jerry Dawson and Messina -- before Nick Streward took over in 2018 and Abram, a former. 1/23/2015. They usually have just been drafted or signed by the team, and are learning the basics of the game. Away. I will help your athlete reach another level. Hello my name is Jack May, owner and operator of The House of Champions located at 16511 Leffingwell Rd, Whittier CA 90603. IN BRIEF Director of Media Relations. Choose your favorite sports and teams to follow to be able to see all of the content you want to enjoy first. . Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Connor Cheeseman was named the MAC Freedom Championship'sMost Valuable Player as he went 3-for-7 in the series including a go-ahead grand slam in game one. While the team will depart with five of their seven seniors, two have a final year of eligibility remaining for the 2013 season.