"I ventured away from deer hunting because of my passion for waterfowl hunting, but there's nothing like harvesting a buck with a bow. Gordon Whittington talks with Steven Sprout about the trophy buck he took back in 1998 while bowhunting public land in Illinois. Many deer end up bedding on the end of big ridges, which are everywhere, and this makes it difficult to pattern them. | The deer frequented a food plot theyd planted specifically for him, and his movements became very predictable. Mike Clerkin heads to the legendary Buffalo County, Wisconsin, in search of early season whitetail action. They use the clearing to get back and forth between the ag-fields and the hardwoods., Settle got to work setting up mineral and food plots and installing several permanent stands. The 2021-22 deer season is a wrap, and some big whitetails fell between the opening and closing bells. Josh Honeycutt That started the process, and they followed the trail for about 150 yards before recovering the buck. The rifle has five caliber offerings, two barrel choices and three different riser stocks. Key features include muzzle velocities of 2,215-2,400 fps. He was an impressive 160-inch 12-pointer. Hiking, biking, fishing and small game hunting are all very popular. Kline hoped for the best, but expected the worst. I never showed the trail cam pictures to anybody I knew what he was., Settle recently set up an elevated ground blind on the corner of his property closest to his house. Sasquatch went down in his tracks! It had 5-inch bases and carried between 5 inches and 4. That would be the only time Kline ever spotted the buck from the stand. Conservation law enforcement officer Sgt. He just sat there, admiring the deer and soaking in the conclusion of a multi-year hunt. Currently, I'm filming for Kentucky Afield TV and have been since 2016. "My dad raised me to love deer and turkey hunting," Reed said. Buck after buck walked in and out of view, but each one looked up at Lacefields position. Access. Subscriber Services. Available in 180- and 200-grain sizes. Andy Beshear told . With shaky hands, Standard called his father and asked for help recovering the buck. At SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. We had one camera left, so we decided to put it up by the scrape. LaRue's Ethan Alexander talks about the Siete's features with Game & Fish's Adam Heggenstaller at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. During the summer of 2021, we had several pictures of Sasquatch, and he was still impressive. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. I didn't have high expectations for the hunt. Imagine hunting a buck for four years without ever seeing him in person. I hate to see a great one taken out by a car. seizing and destroying hunter-killed deer brought in . Settle's buck could be a Kentucky state record. Subscriber Services. Occasionally, the buck traveled through the 7-acre property. He decided it was worth checking out and that he still had plenty of time for a stalk. "I enjoy being in the great outdoors. We continued looking for the other side but never found it. "I still can't believe that I was blessed enough to harvest this mature buck," Reed continued. "My heart about beat out of my chest as I watched him make his way in my direction," Standard said. Giant bucks on opening day were taken by Kentucky bowhunters Jamison Standard and Casey Reed. 5 Common Deer Abnormalities Caught on Camera, Oklahoma Hunter Shoots Target Buck That's Locked Up with Another Giant, Potential Kentucky State Record Crossbow Typical Shot in Hemp Field, A Look Back at No. Fortunately, Kline has permission to hunt a 7-acre parcel that borders the sanctuary. Big, heavy, long-beamed bucks are the stuff of dreams, but Logan Beach experienced the real thing on opening day this year. I turned to Dad and threw my hands in the air, and I promise you have never seen a man climb out of a tree faster than Dad did that day. LIMESTONE COUNTY, AL (WAFF) - In November, a Limestone County man illegally killed a 25-point deer on private property. At our best estimate, Sasquatch was at least 8 1/2 but likely 9 1/2 years old (we are in the process of having him officially aged). This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Almost anyone can hunt LBL, all you need is your statewide hunting license, tags and an LBL user permit. He was a disabled veteran who served the country in the Army and was commended by Kentucky Senator Robert Mills for making many lasting contributions to his friends, family, community, and nation before his passing on March 25, 2021. Terry was never able to join Settle in the field when he was alive because of his disability. You can scout and hunt hard and not see a deer for days. Kentucky Big Bucks. Published Sep 15, 2021 6:00 PM EDT. Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. He just disappeared, Settle says. Among the accomplishments includes the recently concluded Save the Habitat, Save the Hunt initiative, which in 10 years conserved or enhanced 5.3 million acres of critical wildlife habitat, recruited 1.5 million new or lapsed hunters, and opened new access to 750,000 acres for hunting and recreation. Last year, during gun season, I had him in gun range at about 80 yards. Or, do I go hunt a deer thatd be the biggest deer Ive ever killed?, I ended up shooting the 162-inch deer, Kline says. Kansas bowhunter Brian Butcher couldnt believe his eyes when a monster whitetail snuck into sight in the eastern part of the state on October 10, 2019. The whitetail had a three-point right side, the size of which wasnt anything special. Published Jan 27, 2021 8:50 PM EST. Last year, the buck was 60 yards away, but wouldn't come any closer. Right after he got into the blind, he saw something that stirred [his] curiosity., I was getting situated, he says. We found one side, and it was a mile and a half from the trail camera picture. "I was very excited about opening day," Standard said. I rarely hunt with a firearm.". A couple hours later, he and his father recovered the buck 90 yards from where Mattingly had shot the big velvet buck. They recently built a new high fence and they think the deer had gotten out when they were moving deer into the pen.. Dustin Huff found one, hitting a record-setting buck with his crossbow. In this edition of "Big Buck Profile," Gordon Whittington talks with young whitetail hunter Reid Crawford about his trophy buck taken in 2017. From seeing him to when I shot him it was a three-minute thrill ride, Huff told MeatEater. CWP collects hunters' voluntary harvest reports, and estimated 84,000 hunters killed 38,000 deer. Joe Lacefield's velvet monster green-scored 179 inches. Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries (WFF) is reporting an unusual harvest of large whitetail bucks as this season came to a close Feb. 10, with some true giants showing up on social media and. Ruger's popular American bolt-action rifle has been a hit with hunters for years. Reflecting back on his many years of pursuing this deer has been bittersweet. We thank God for giving us the perseverance and dedication to always press on no matter how frustrating it got. They loaded it up on a small ATV and brought it home. He shot the deer on a Saturday morning as it moved from water to a bedding area, Whitt said. Logan Beach arrowed this 162-inch giant in Logan County, Kentucky. Gordon Whittington talks with 13-year-old Troy Metzger about the 2016 hunt that landed the young man a monster non-typical buck on this edition of Big Buck Profile. The broadhead struck true, and the giant bolted for cover. Kirkpatrick scrambled to get ready for deer season. I could tell that a lot of deer were running through here, he says, noting that the neighbors also allow him to hunt their adjoining land. He didnt disappoint On November 4 at 6:40 p.m., Dustin Huff of Greensburg, Indiana, shot a caliber of whitetail that normally only occupies a hunter's dreams. ( Photo: Fort Campbell Fish and Wildlife) That was, until the 2021 Kentucky deer quota hunt at LBL. Personal defense in the hunting woods could involve taking down a charging bear. The hunt started off slowly, and Kirkpatrick didn't see a deer for the first several hours on stand. CX Outfitter, 180 gr. In this edition of "From The Stand," Pat Hogan explains the importance of being aware of proper clearance when using your bow or crossbow out in the field. Officers say a deer this big sends red flags flying. Browning Ammunition has two big-game hunting loads new for 2023 that are effective on a wide range of species: the Max Point and Silver Series. The afternoon before the opener, he glassed a large soybean field and spotted the giant, plus a 150-inch buck and others, as they walked out into the open. I dropped the phone and steadied my bow. Gov. Date of Kill: Aug. 22, 2021. The internet celebrity, who is a member of Officials say that increasing the moose harvest is Sign up for the Field & Stream newsletter and get the latest intelligence straight to your inbox. The sun came up and we finally saw a deer around 7:00 a.m. Three does passed through, and then I heard Dad say, Big buck, big buck.. "This involves stand location, cellular trail cameras, making sure your hunting clothes are as scent-free as possible, not contaminating the area around your stand and, most importantly, always hunting the wind.". There has been a group of does hanging out across from Kroger for a couple years but I figured they had moved on since all the construction started. He climbed down to look for blood and his arrow but couldnt find any sign that the buck had been hit. He hadnt heard of any other hunters tagging him, and news of such a giant buck would certainly spread quickly. He saw only two deer that evening: A 3-year-old buck traveling with the big 4.5-year-old he was hoping to see. I was going really slowly. At least 74 people in Kentucky have died after a weekend tornado outbreak across eight states flattened homes and businesses in the Midwest and South. Stan Potts doubles down in Montana and Wyoming. Hundreds of deer have been killed to slow a contagious and incurable disease in Idaho, wildlife officials said. It ran a ways and crashed into the soybeans. I looked around a little bit and something caught my eye. 2022 modern gun Posted: . The new 7mm Precision Rifle Cartridge from Hornady is available in three loads (160 gr. His treestand was positioned on the ridge, with bedding cover at the end of the point. Spot and range targets without wasting valuable seconds switching between gear with Luepold's new rangefinder binocular, the BX-4 Range HD. Josh Carter killed this massive non-typical buck in Logan County on Halloween 2021. We observed a 2% increase from the 2018-19 season (145,745) and the 2019-20 season is 11% above the 10 year average (133,524). LaRue's Ethan Alexander talks about the Siete's features with Game & Fish's Adam Heggenstaller at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. However, his obsession and hard work were ultimately what put us on Sasquatch. East ky. Strutter said: This buck was killed yesterday in Richmond in front of Krogers. 4 pointer killed in butler co while hunting with pappy Posted: 11/26/2022. Reed had in-person encounters with this giant deer in 2019 and 2020. Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. "I don't believe I will harvest another one this size," Kirkpatrick said. We got there well before daylight to keep from spooking any deer. The velvet buck is his best archery buck to date, and one he wont soon forget. He hung around on the side near camp catalpa last year. 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. Weve had him on camera for several years and watched him grow up, Womack said. On our way back to the truck one day, we came across a scrape at the bottom of a really steep drainage. Though Settle didnt post the buck on social media, he immediately sent the photos of his trophy to his stepdad. His desk-mate was a mounted warthog. He even had surgery on his wrist. I've seen some biggins in the middle of Frankfort. Moments later, Clark squeezed the trigger on his 7mm Magnum rifle, and the biggest buck taken in North Carolina during the 2021-22 season was on the ground. My stand was in the top of a tall cedar tree with a good view of the soybean field.". Of the elk harvested, 21,000 were bulls. Hunting season started and we still received random pictures of him, but we never had an actual sighting. ELD-X Precision Hunter). That number includes about 12,000 bowhunters who registered 3,000 deer. And there are several roads throughout the area, so many areas are easily accessible. According to Justin Spring, director of big game records for Boone and Crockett, the answer is simple. "As I walked to my stand, I used my rangefinder to range my tree at 50, 40, 30, and 20 yards. His window was narrow, too: Shortly after shedding its velvet, the buck always departed Lacefields hunting grounds. If we dont hear about it from the public, then we dont know that theres a case to be made, Gray explained. Settle says the impressive whitetail has at least 57 scorable points and rough-scored it at 289 5/8 inches B&C. They next day, it showed up in front of another treestand, but both the Deckards were sitting in the blind. But the left side boasted an Social media is abuzz this morning as deer hunters fawn over what might be the new world record whitetail. Jamison Standard started getting trail-camera photos of a huge buck just a week before deer season and started scouting diligently to try and determine a pattern. We even had a friend drive three hours to come see Sasquatch in person. I got a little concerned, Kline says. Harvest Results by Region. Harvest Comparison by Month. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service. We knew Sasquatch was big, but to have our hands on his rack was a completely different story. KENTON CO., Ky. (FOX19) - An illegal killing of a trophy deer in early November has led to a hunter's arrest for wildlife-related charges and drug charges. That includes the Missouri Monarch and the Hole in the Horn Buck. In October, the stud disappeared. When he stood up, he had nothing but his rump facing me. ), It took me a long time to get over to the deer, he says. AL man illegally kills record-setting buck. Eric Lundgren of Ruger, which now owns Marlin, highlights the features of both rifles with Game & Fish Editorial Director Adam Heggenstaller at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. He was by far the smartest deer we have ever pursued. After that season, he decided to focus all his energy on hunting that deer. "I killed him at five paces," he said, from a portable stand about 25 feet high in a tree. As Herman got older, he turned into a bona fide giant. Within 10 seconds we saw Sasquatch running wide open in our direction. The buck ran a short distance and tipped over. The number of times I thought Dad was going crazy over this deer was countless. I debated. Deer: Balancing Expectations for Small Properties, Get to Know Your Neighbors for Better Deer Herd Management, Big Buck Profile: Reid Crawford Kansas Buck, Choosing Correct Magnification for Rifle Scope, Big Buck Profile: Troy Metzger's East Illinois Giant. All rights reserved. Jason Kline has spent much of his life chasing whitetail deer. He quickly recognized the big typical, and watched as it walked all the way to within 15 yards. When the wind is blowing toward his home, he knows that its a good time to hunt from the blindlike it was on Saturday, September 11, 2021, when Settle decided to go hunting around 2:30 p.m. It was on Sept. 4 when Jamison Standard and Casey Reed tagged two of the biggest deer from opening day. Which begs the question: Why arent more bird hunters using them? Warren County, Mississippi Turns out the area around Vicksburg, Mississippi, is more than just an attraction for Civil War history buffs. Whitetail hunting strategies for the next generation. Strutter. Travis Gray says if we dont know about it, we cant investigate it. A week later we went back to check the cameras and there he was: Sasquatch in daylight. We put out cameras that summer covering the best spots over a 1000-acre area. It is my girlfriend's family's farm, and her uncle hunted occasionally, but, sadly, he passed away five years ago. Browning's Rafę Nielsen shares details on the new X-Bolt Pro LR McMillan hunting rifle with Game & Fish Editorial Director Adam Heggenstaller at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. He only wanted Sasquatch. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. It was broadside and slightly quartering away from Settle. We ended the season with very few pictures, still none in daylight, and no sight of him while hunting. Its a thick, secluded creek bottom.. For any game and fish questions or reports call 1(800)272-GAME. Two of the biggest deer recorded in Walton County were killed over the last two years - a 178 non typical killed in 2014 and a 163 killed in 2013. "The farm hasn't been bowhunted for five-plus years. Which begs the question: Why arent more bird hunters using them? Its a natural corridor. I made a little compilation of some big Ohio brutes. Tag already filled; Kline couldnt help but wonder what had happened to Herman. Put in his scenario, we would have done the same thing. GILBERT, W.Va . The buck was bedded down. Find Your Arrows and Broadhead. "I slowly looked right below our stand and there he was," Kirkpatrick recalled. During the summer of 2019 we started getting pictures of him, but we never received pictures in the daylight. "I've got close to an hour and a half before dark," Kirkpatrick said to Moore. The big 10-pointer ran 100 yards and crashed. After our interview with Settle, we were confident that his story was true. Kline hunts Sandusky County, Ohio, which is located in the northwestern region of the state. Whenever pictures of dead megabucks circulate social media, commenters are always quick to ask: Was it a high fence deer? It happened when Guner Womack killed one of the most perfectly symmetrical whitetails in Oklahomas history, and again when Jason Kline found the deadhead of one of the biggest non-typicals in Ohios history. Deer. Give a Gift Dad always says, Hunt harder, go deeper, stay longer and when you want to quit, youre almost there. LBL does offer a three-day rifle quota hunt in November that you must apply for and draw a permit. We found one of his sheds in late January and looked for the other side all spring with no luck. He is truly special. I never told a soul about him. I just kind of put him in the back of my mind. On Saturday, Dad and Luke hunted together with me and Jason in other trees within the same area. Among the accomplishments includes the recently concluded Save the Habitat, Save the Hunt initiative, which in 10 years conserved or enhanced 5.3 million acres of critical wildlife habitat, recruited 1.5 million new or lapsed hunters, and opened new access to 750,000 acres for hunting and recreation. After several tense minutes, he finally offered a broadside, 30-yard shot opportunity. He pulled out his phone to try to take a quick video of the deer, but then a squirrel started barking at him. One afternoon Dad hunted a nasty thicket, and right at dusk a big buck came in to hit the scrape. That is one of the best-looking racks Ive seen from last season,beautiful color and all those stickers! Opening day of deer season 2021 didn't disappoint with reports of Bluegrass State bucks taken by bowhunters measuring 170-plus inches. Congrats on the once-in-a-lifetime hunt, Blake. "I remember catching a glimpse of the top of his rack coming through the woods," Reed said. Several oaks were already dropping acorns, and there was heavy deer sign. My dad and Jason talked daily about Sasquatch, diving into different topo maps, aerial views and theories of what the deer might do next. I think Herman was already dead by the time I killed mine.. solo hunt on his property, By I knew this would mean a lot to him. He had a few stands throughout the farm. This year, the rifle will be chambered in 7mm PRC, the hot new load that was a hit at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. Stephen Tucker killed the deer in Sumner County, TN. The buck was spending most of his time on 20 of their 200-plus acres. But on Sunday morning it was just me and Dad. There was a wild sapling pushed right up against the trees on the weed line. The genetic potential is there, the nutrition is there, and hunters have been practicing Quality Deer Management. This year he decided to Sign in to access your profile, save content and more. In the above video, NWTF's Jason Burckhalter talks about the group's accomplishments and future plans with Game & Fish Editorial Director Adam Heggenstaller at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. Deciding on a particular area, he settled into the stand on a 50-acre soybean field surrounded by woods, with a food plot located between the crops and timber. Game & Fish Editorial Director Adam Heggenstaller gets more info from Hawke's Paige Shipe at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. Land Between the Lakes (LBL) is a 170,000-acre peninsula between Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley, with 110,000 of those acres being in Kentucky. ELD Match, and 175 gr. Sweet Streams: 5 Hot Rivers for Midwest Smallies, Euro Nymphing 101: Trout Tactics from Across the Pond, Spin to Win: Panfish Secrets for Catching Limits on Spinners, Best New Baitcasting Rods & Reels for 2022, Backyard Ready: Grilling the Perfect Steak, Winchester Big Bore: Backcountry Bear Protection, Classic Marlin: 336 and 1894 Lever-Action Hunting Rifles, NWTF's Passion for Wild Turkey Conservation Still Burns After 50 Years, First Look: Leupold's BX-4 Range HD Rangefinding Binos, Browning's Max Point, Silver Series Rifle Ammunition, New Hunting Ammo from Remington: 360 Buckhammer, New from Browning: X-Bolt Pro LR McMillan, Hornady's Hot New 7mm PRC Cartridge: SHOT 2023, Hawke Optics' Frontier LRF Laser Range Finding Binoculars, New from LaRue Tactical: Siete Chassis Rifle. Even if he can't reach the Hanson or Johnson buck, Womack will likely beat the current Oklahoma typical record of 194 inches. Then, the big deer came back out, now concealed by a bunch of weeds. Thats the time Id [historically] get the most pictures of him.. 1 Pope and Young Bucks Before They Were Beat, Illinois Hunter Sprints to Close the Distance On 21-point Bedded Buck, How to Find Big Buck Sanctuaries in the Spring. Kline hunts Sandusky County, Ohio, which is located in the northwestern region of the state. The window is short, usually lasting only five to 10 days, but those who work hard to pattern deer during the pre-season have a great chance of tagging a good buck. All thanks to the good Lord above.". Courtesy Logan Beach Logan Beach's Bushwhacking Bruiser Buck: 162 inches Date: Sept. 4, 2021 Location: Caldwell County, Kentucky Method: Compound bow It was so bad that my dad would take his sheds off the mantle and hide them if we had company. The rifle has five caliber offerings, two barrel choices and three different riser stocks. During the five-year hunt for the buck, Jacobs father always said that they would take a picture in front of this sign if they killed Sasquatch. Story is that someone cut it;s head off and left before the F&W guys arrived. That's crazy! After graduating from college, he worked as a freelance journalist for two years before returning to the F&S team full-time in 2021 as the brands News Editor. There are very few thickets, which makes it challenging to figure out where deer bed. Derek Settle solo hunted a monster buck thats sure to make the record books and is quite possibly the biggest buck ever taken in Kentuckya state that is known for its booners. At SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. In the video above, Matt Willson of Ruger highlights the features with Game & Fish's John Taranto. Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. They knew theyd target the giant 12-pointer this year, and they did just that on the Kentucky opener. He even started hearing loud music. (High fence deer in Kentucky do not have to be checked in.) He eased toward a stand on top of a ridge that tapers down to a soybean field. in early November. I tried to post the video but it didn't work. I waited until I found a small opening and squeezed the trigger. I know this buck being harvested out of one of his stands would have made his day. I was bringing him along for the ride. Sage Marshall joined Field & Stream as an editorial intern in 2018, when he worked at the publications former office in Manhattan. It turned out the deer was on a steady evening routine.". Eric Lundgren of Ruger, which now owns Marlin, highlights the features of both rifles with Game & Fish Editorial Director Adam Heggenstaller at SHOT Show 2023 in Las Vegas. Word continued to spread, and once social media got ahold of the story it went viral. Moments later, the deer he was after walked into the open and followed the same path as the first buck. None of them fully spooked, but they didnt like what they saw, either. LBL is also home to a wide variety of recreational activities. Robert Koch, 58, faces multiple charges after he was accused of lying about. His father returned to the blind, and Deckard went to another spot. Your honesty about the situation is more impressive than this genetic freak's antlers. I immediately had my gun up and the safety off. He just popped up out of nowhere, Settle says. Ed Arkenau, his son, and their friend Cole had hundreds of trail camera photos of a particular buck in 2019, 2020, and 2021. He turned his head in my direction and turned it back straight. Keith Srakocic AP. He decided crossbowhunting was the only option to hunt this giant deer this fall. Beach was ecstatic. His broadhead zipped through the vitals, and the buck took off. He would make a great first buck with my bow.". You know, I was getting excited. His second shot struck true. "Deer hunting means the world to me. "I never thought in a million years I would shoot a deer that big," said Zach Meadows, who shot the buck with his bow on Nov. 3 in Logan County. Saskatchewan Hunter Finds Target Sheds After Looking for Multiple Days, Iowa Bowhunter Goes Stealth Mode with a Tree Saddle to Bag 194-inch Non-typical, Nebraska Shed Hunter's Wife and Dog Find 6x9 Set One Year After Learning About the Buck, Dr. Then, they spotted a trace of blood on the top of a beanstalk. Copyright 2019 WAFF. Were trying to get the full story. On the afternoon of opening day, Beach climbed into his treestand and settled in for his hunt. Figuring the deer was around 8 years old in the fall of 2020, Kline had been hunting Herman since he was 4 or 5. We finally found the other side in mid-March. Huff made a 40-yard shot with a Stryker crossbow in an area hes hunted since he was 12 years old. Hoping to hunt the buck on the opener, he decided to set his stand on the edge of some woods that sat high on a little knob. With a 31-inch spread, many who see this deer will claim it's the biggest deer they've ever seen. I initially didnt believe it, but she sent me a picture and sure enough they were his. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. All the while, a 162-inch deer showed up on a different farm. Before we interviewed Settle, we confirmed with Kentucky Fish and Wildlife that the buck had been checked in as being killed and tagged in Kentucky on telecheck. The velvet was a little damaged from the branches, but Beach didnt much care. Photo Gallery See all Photos Jamison Standard's Beanfield Behemoth Brian Butcher shot a deer with massive antlers, but he won't let that give him a big head. To get started, click the link below to visit mymagnow.com and learn how to access your digital magazine. To have a deer that big in gun range, and not be able to shoot? If the words Butcher Buck dont mean anything to you, its damn time they do. "He never knew I was anywhere around. How Many Whitetail Bucks Do Hunters Kill Across America. Upon walking up on the deer, Standard raised the buck's head from the soybeans and immediately realized how big it was. Bowhunting is just one of those things that I used to love when I was growing up, Settle adds. The buck slowly walked into bow range. Then when a game farm reached out and said the antlers looked familiar, Keating knew the whitetail was an escapee. He was still in early velvet, but I could just tell he had a lot going on under all that fuzz., The deer returned to the mineral plot at different parts of the day for nearly six weeks. I was able to get a perfect shot within a few seconds.".