Brad "Iceman" Colbert demos a flame thrower. Theyre so cute. (. 273-274), Some Marines routinely flout the rule, but not Colbert. He remains upright, eating. Then a new sound erupts nearbya rapid-fire thunking. ", He did lose some friends, and said he experienced some ostracism within the close-knit reconnaissance community as a result of the unvarnished account. Sergeant Brad "Iceman" Colbert is Team Leader/Squad Leader of Bravo 2-1 Alpha. Paddles are given away as parting gifts to members of the team that are well respected and high performing. Brad Colbert, a wry, intellectual 28-year-old team leader whose coolness under pressure earns him the nickname "Iceman.". He assured the leaders that the conversations were not a sign of dissension in the ranks, but rather a "ground-eye view of warfare. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgrd, was born 25 August 1976 & is a Swedish actor. As of October 2012, Colbert was a special skills operations chief at the U.S. Army's airborne school at Fort Benning, Georgia. Now not only do we have to worry about all the Charms you've eaten, but now Brad's just pissed off God. Colbert giving a speech in September 2012, Last edited on 20 February 2023, at 14:38, "After Iraq, the Marines of 'Generation Kill' Regret Nothing", "Airborne! Vote Republican. He was raised in Stockholm and is the firstborn son of his father. Three of his brothers Bill, Valter, and Gustaf are actors. He began his acting career when he was seven but left when he was 13. Its not that he cant take it. That was a wounding shot, motherfucker! Colbert yells, uncharacteristically pissed. 168). Alexander's future wife, Alexa, has yet to begin their married life together. They call Colbert "The Iceman. ", While many of the Marines have stayed in touch in the years since the invasion, Colbert and Wright both cited the warm friendship that has grown between them through "Generation Kill.". For bonus points, the real Colbert admitted in an interview that he joined the Marines because he dreamed of being a pilot, and has a lifelong passion for flying. Sgt. Evan Wright about Brad Colbert ("Generation Kill ") You won't ever catch Sergeant Brad Colbert, the twenty-eight-year-old commander of the vehicle I ride in, engaging in any moto displays. Skarsgard is 46 years old. (.173), The talk Colbert delivers to Trombley is considerably more concise. He is 44 years of age as of 2020. Yeah, I was really really fucking good, but all the other guys on the team thought I was high all of the time. Sgt. [3] He was later promoted again to Gunnery Sergeant and served as the Company Gunnery Sergeant of H&S Company of 1st Recon. Skarsgrd was born to actor Stellan Skarsgrd and physician My Skarsgrd. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert 293), We draw past the hamlet lit up so heavily by Delta. Last time I saw her, she was doing all of H & S Company. Hasser's reservations about the series come not from any concerns about how he was personally portrayed, but more from a reticence about the publicity it afforded the traditionally secretive Marine reconnaissance community. he was in the SkJakt unit that dealt with anti-sabotage and anti-terrorism in the Stockholm archipelago, for 18 months leaving in 1996. But I think after mourning the loss of his friend Horsehead, trying to care for dehydrated, sick babies among the refugees the other day, the shot-up kids by the airfield before that, and having seen so many civilians blown apart, hes connected the dots between the pleasure he takes in participating in this invasion and its consequences. Sgt. This interview is with Retired USMC Master Sergeant Brad \"Ice Man\" Colbert. : Yeah. Brad Colbert (born July 25, 1974) is a United States Marine, best known for his platoon's role in and perception of the 2003 invasion of Iraq which was featured in a series of articles in Rolling Stone by Evan Wright. In combat he looks almost ecstatic; now he appears overwhelmed, though still trying to deal with this situation. "It's so much easier to write about a firefight, where shootings happened," he said. Thats the Iceman. (. : More like Trombley? He said he's witnessed up close the Marines' struggles with post-traumatic stress and "darkness" since returning from Iraq. ", "Everybody identifies with this, especially in the military. Daddy's back! That was pretty fucking ninja. He starred in a variety of Swedish productions and rose to fame in his homeland, but he wanted to expand his horizons by working in other countries. Cpl. : : It showed it in a very raw way from a perspective that wasn't from the top down, it was from the bottom up. Skarsgrd attended Leeds Beckett University and later enrolled in a theater course at Marymount Manhattan University. Cry 'havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war. At least one man from Bravo company has contended with serious mental illness since the deployment, and several have had grave brushes with the law. On the morning theU.S. Coast GuardinAstoriareceived a mayday call froma yacht sinkingnear the mouth of theColumbia Copyright 2023 Military.com. Nobody gave anybody a hookup.". I hope your time with us is enjoyable and productive., His politeness is so exacting it almost makes him come off like a prick. He has also had a lead role as Merlin in the Netflix TV series Cursed. : Youd never guess what a bad motherfucker he is. Espera felt sorry for Colbert when they met a few years ago.They were in different units but happened to find themselves on leave together in Australia. A trip to Los Angeles netted him an agent as well as a role in the Ben Stiller film Zoolander (2001). Evan 'Scribe' Wright [ Cpl Person tucks his shirt in, SgtMaj Sixta nods, then stops Sgt Patrick] SgtMaj John Sixta: Sgt. I repeat, my Mark-19 is down!, Its the first time Fick has ever heard Iceman lose control on comms. Wife got me an early Christmas present for my studio. With the miniseries Generation Kill, he got his big break (2008). Brad Colbert", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Brad_Colbert&oldid=1140535734, This page was last edited on 20 February 2023, at 14:38. 260), Colbert comes over to help. I study Persons face for signs of panic, fear or death. "Generation Kill" Combat Jack (TV Episode 2008) Alexander Skarsgrd as Sgt. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! But the value of the series goes far beyond that for him. Along with the world's biggest standing army, China has the world's largest navy and recently launched its third aircraft Get the latest on pay updates, benefit changes and award-winning military content. Right in your inbox. He is a man of tall stature. Today, he's a 36-year-old father of three who is part of a software development start-up in Kansas city. Colbert's vehicle driver and counterpart is Cpl. Technical Specs, [running around a field with his arms outstretched like an airplane]. Three of his brothers Bill, Valter, and Gustaf are actors. Why, so I can be more like the teacher's pet? But now that I know him better I figured out he just cant stand people, even me. This is the Youtube channel of Brad "Iceman" Colbert from Generation Kill, the book and HBO mini series written by Rolling Stone journalist Evan Wright. He is best known for his roles as Brad "Iceman" Colbert in the miniseries Generation Kill (2008), Eric Northman in the television series True Blood (2008-2014), and Perry Wright in the television series Big Little Lies (2017-2019). Wright later expanded these articles into the book Generation Kill which was turned into a HBO miniseries of the same name in which Colbert was portrayed by Alexander Skarsgrd. For his efforts during the Iraq War, Colbert received a combat meritorious promotion to Staff Sergeant and went on to serve two years with the Royal Marine Commandos as part of an exchange program. But the side of him that loves warhis inner warriorkeeps bumping against the part of him that is basically a decent, average suburban guy who likes bad eighties music and Barry Manilow and believes in the American Way. I thought he had no friendshe was such a loner, Espera says. Dude, I hate to tell you this, but your girlfriend's kind of a whore. When confronted with these small human tragedies up close, some Marines shut down. He is also known for his platoon's role in and perception of the 2003 invasion of Iraq which was featured in a series of articles in Rolling Stone by Evan Wright and later expanded into the book Generation Kill which was turned into a HBO mini series of the same name in which Colbert was portrayed by Alexander Skarsgrd.To help us continue to development content of this nature and support out impact campaign, visit: https://www.documentary.org/project/homemadeLearn more about Homemade here: https://www.homemadethefilm.com/Learn about Clear Films here: https://clearfilms.com/Director/Director of Photography: Jason MarisProducer: Danielle BernstienField sound: Ace HarneyEditor: Stephanie ZinnesSound Design: Andrew OlsonImpact Producer: Tess FennAssociate Producer: Sarah Glenn Boman Cpl. He jams the chewed, mashed tip of his cigar in my mouth without asking if I want it, and points to Colbert. Wiry and fair-haired, he makes sarcastic pronouncements in a nasal whine that sounds like comedian David Spade. Get behind me and take cover, he says. Skarsgard has appeared in numerous movies and tv shows. Imnot opposed to it, and I wasnt going to miss it. For him, its a grand personal challenge. What? [citation needed], Military.com reported that in July 2016, Colbert was still on active duty as a project officer for Raids and Amphibious Reconnaissance at Marine Corps Systems Command. Ferrando is portrayed as tough, unrelenting and ambitious, and consumingly eager to stay in the good graces of Gen. Mattis, to ensure his Marines stay on the front edge of the fight. The Generation Kill of Kastonvia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Sgt Brad Iceman Colbert with a fair hand, and renowned for its lack of airports, ubiquitous missile silos, and devotion to social welfare. Oh, no. You know what? he announces. Nate Fick (HBO), Colbert hates country music, but regardlessly still sings King of The Road by Roger Miller when Walt is driving and while Ray is resting in the back of the humvee in the final episode. Calmthe fuck down, Fick orders Colbert.ImputtingTeamTwo in front. (. 351), Evan Wright about Brad Colbert (Generation Kill ). One of the topics Homemade and the related impact campaign explores is the period of transition from Active Duty Military Service to Retirement and Civilian Life. Cpl. Skarsgrd has an estimated net worth of about $12 million. I guess Brad finally slayed his dragon. Skarsgrd is best known for playing Brad "Iceman" Colbert in the HBO miniseries . Fuck, man! Evan 'Scribe' Wright Field sound: Ace Harney Learn about Clear Films here: https://clearfilms.com/, Director/Director of Photography: Jason Maris In fact, he's an officer POG. Sgt Brad "Iceman" Colbert The orderly, cerebral and unflappable squad leader of Bravo 1. He grew up with Gustaf, Sam, Bill, Eija, and Valter, and two half-brothers from his father's second wife, Megan Everett. Half an hour later, she arrives at your door, fresh and hot, like a pizza. (. Further, he was the Ambassador for the American team for a Walking With The Wounded fundraising event for wounded soldiers. Paris Davis, Black Green Beret in Vietnam, Finally Awarded Medal of Honor at White House, Ex-Army Private Gets 45 Years for Plot Against His Unit, Hawaii Congressional Delegation Asks IRS to Exempt Red Hill Families, Navy Seabee Battalion Honored in Decommissioning Ceremony, Is Deactivated After 80 Years of Building and Fighting, Some Neck and Hand Tattoos OK for Airmen and Guardians Under New Policy Aimed at Helping Recruiting, Nuclear Base Fired 6 Service Members Over Failed Safety Inspection, Defense Official Says, Fuel Spill on Sacred Hawaiian Volcano 'Harmed Our Reputation,' Air Force Secretary Says, Veterans Group Pushes Cap on Attorney Fees in Camp Lejeune Water Cases Despite Political Divide on Limits, Disabled Vets Post Stunning Job Gains as Economy Remains Hot Despite Inflation, Coast Guard Relieves Commander Following Deadly Collision, Coast Guard Swimmer Recounts Dramatic Rescue of Alleged Oregon Yacht Thief and Goonies Prankster, Security Expert: Valid Reason for TikTok Concern, TFR 224 - Discussion on Mental Toughness with Jeff Nichols, TFR226 - LTC Nick Barringer PhD Discusses Nutrition for Joint Health, Invest In Yourself - Time and Consistency Are the Keys. A bullet flies past Colberts head and smacks into the pillar behind Person. Release Dates Alexander Skarsgrd is a Swedish actor, producer, writer, and director who has a net worth of $14 million. Generation Kill Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. One of his fondest memories, he later tells me, is that before cocktail parties, his parents would let him prepare the carpet with a special rake. . During the War in Afghanistan, he was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for valor for his role in taking out an enemy missile battery. 175), Despite the fear and stress, Colbert remains an extremely polite invader. He holds sway over the other men not through physical power or personal magnetism but through sheer force of skill, determination and a barely concealed sense of superiority. (. But Person seems fine. Alexander Skarsgard But the Marines of Bravo Company who spoke with Military.com said they remain glad that their story was told, and proud of their service in what would be a long and costly war. In the end, Wright concludes Ferrando was "vindicated," as Mattis' choice of unit to prosecute the fight. Both the book and the show end with a frank discussion between Ferrando and Wright in which the reporter asks him about his seeming over-aggressiveness to send Marines into the fray, and his decision to keep an officer in his command who seemed to have become erratic and violent in the face of combat. Now 34, Carisalez' Marine Corps service was the better part of a lifetime ago. Its already in the low nineties. He has also starred alongside Brit Marling and Elliot Page in Zal Batmanglijs 2013 film The East. "I was hoping, when I did this work for HBO, that we could find a way to peer into that world. Thanks to the runaway popularity of "Generation Kill," the Marines got something else they hadn't bargained for -- a measure of celebrity and recognition that continues to follow them, to varying extents, a decade later. They attended the 2007 premiere of the show in Burbank, California, together, and it brought them closer, Person said. Gustaf Skarsgard is a 42 years old Swedish actor known for acting in The Way Back, Evil, and Kon-Tiki. Brad 'Iceman' Colbert : She doesn't deserve you, man. Soon, more mothers are handing him their babies, perhaps thinking hes a doctor. Person, who left the Marine Corps in 2003, shortly after returning from his deployment to Iraq, said "Generation Kill" gave him a rare gift: the opportunity to share his deployment experiences in the most realistic way possible with his wife, whom he married in 2007. Im looking around for the goalposts when Trombley grabs my shoulder. (. 233), Colbert is excessively cheerful this morning. ", Now he's an envelope-pushing stand-up comedian in Los Angeles who performs five to seven nights a week, he said. You know the rule., One of the cardinal rules of Colberts Humvee is that no one is permitted to make any references to country music. 294-295), Upon his return, Colbert received one of the highest honors in the Marine Corps, a combat meritorious promotion to staff sergeant. Random thoughts. By direct order of the battalion commander himself. Thank you. Colbert looks at the car, then down. Then he starred in the television series Big Little Lies (2017-2019) as Perry Wright. Brad Colbert is a former active duty United States Marine, whose platoon's role in the 2003 invasion of Iraq was featured in a series of articles in Rolling Stone by Evan Wright. Hes hunched over his weapon, leaning out the window, intently studying the walls of the buildings, firing bursts from his M-4 and grenades from the 203 tube underneath the main barrel. Brad had such an ease; he's not a guy who had to exaggerate the fact that he was in command. 126), Bullets striking the Humvee sound like whips cracking on the roof. "That's life. He struggles to compose himself. There are some who have done their best to move past the fame and infamy of "Generation Kill." Skarsgard is 46 years old born on August 25, 1976, in Stockholm, Sweden. | Oh cute. Support Marinesthe POGs so often belittled by Colbert and othersjump out under fire, attach chains to the trapped Humvee and yank it out. : He once nearly purchased a surplus British tank, even arranged a loan through his credit union, but backed out only when he realized that just parking it might run afoul of zoning laws in his home state, the Communist Republic of California., Beneath his formal manners, there is another side to Colberts personality. Sgt. What the fuck were you doing? Alexander Skarsgard is best known for his role as Brad "Iceman" Colbert in the 2008 miniseries Age Murder. Its nice having friends. (. Taking a leap for a more capable Corps", "13 Years After Iraq, the Marines of 'Generation Kill' Regret Nothing", "I MEF Marines attend leadership awareness conference", "Hooked On Adrenaline - Part 1 - GySgt. The shooting continues on both sides. Even barring all of that, what we're capable of and what humans are capable of is phenomenal. 111), Despite his bitter proclamations about women, if you catch Colbert during an unguarded moment, hell admit that he once loved a girl who jilted him, a junior-high-school sweetheart whom he dated on and off for ten years and was even engaged to until she left him to marry one of his closest buddies. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Josh Ray Person Several more slice through the edges of the door frames. The personalities of the Marines were a bit exaggerated for the screen, and he complains, tongue-in-cheek, that the actor who played him onscreen, James Ransone, was a lot more petite than he is. The issue of extremist groups has gained attention after the riot on Jan. 6 aimed at preventing the peaceful transfer of the Veterans who have had a head injury are at higher risk for suicide, but these deaths can be prevented, experts say. Cpl. Nothing, man, he answers. Evan 'Scribe' Wright TV Shows. 200), We see the tiny heads of children poking around the corner of a small adobe hut. : Brad 'Iceman' Colbert : Then again the world wouldn't have to deal with the prospect of you returning to your cretinous, daughter fucking, trailer park, red state shithole, and producing mutant, whiskey tango, scrotum faced, buck . For her to be able to see it on the screen and have it so accurately portrayed just visually, I loved that," Person said. " Brad 'Iceman' Colbert Reply . : Also, he has starred in Angels and Demons, David Finchers thriller The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Dune, and Mamma Mia! I will be posting videos of various content . Brad Colbert Wiki, Biography, Age as Wikipedia. (. Producer: Danielle Bernstien Brad "Iceman" Colbert (HBO), Generation Kill-Character Bio. On the other side of the spectrum is Walt Hasser, a good-natured Humvee MK-19 grenade launcher gunner who spent three more years in the Marine Corps following the 2003 deployment, leaving the service as a sergeant. Sgt. Once more into the great good night. Shit, in the middle of all that madness by the bridge he observes those dudes in the trees waiting to kill us. 31), As soon as we capture Baghdad, Person says, Lee Greenwood is going to parachute in singing Im Proud to Be an American., Watch it, Colbert says. He is currently married to Megan Everett after his divorce from My Skarsgard in 2007. Sgt. But he won't let anyone forget that he's a Marine first. Wright was an embedded reporter who rode in the backseat of Colbert's vehicle during this time until his departure on May 4, 2003. Critics and viewers alike were astounded by his depiction of Marine Sgt. Cpl. Colbert retired from the Marine Corps as a master sergeant on October 24, 2016.[7]. Fuck it, Colbert says. : In addition, he starred as Eric Northman in the television series Genuine Blood from 2008 to 2014. . Brad 'Iceman' Colbert Scenes that depict a small child inadvertently shot at a military roadblock, an airstrike that decimates a compound full of Iraqi civilians, and Marines trying to conduct crude crowd control with smoke grenades show realities that haunt warfighters -- realities that the public, for the most part, has the luxury of ignoring. (. : Reyes was never your stereotypical grunt. He regularly leapt from C-130s to reinforce proper jump techniques. They eat a lot during lulls in firefights. Details File Size: 5110KB Duration: 4.100 sec Dimensions: 498x305 Created: 3/11/2020, 3:14:06 PM I said, Do not engage! () None of the Marines say anything for a moment. Sgt. Skarsgrd was in a relationship with Alexa Chung, a British writer, TV presenter, and model from 2015 to 2017. The members of his unit called him "Fruity Rudy" because he was "so beautiful," journalist Evan Wright wrote, though he insists he's no more appealing than any of the "young gods" he went to war with. He greets me with a formal hand-shake and a crisp salutation: Welcome aboard. "There's no other show that profiles Marine Corps life like this to date.". We see Brad Colbert at various stages of the team effort that goes into making, decorating, and adorning a paddle for Adam Sorensen as a going away gift for . This is the Bible to the Marines," he said. ", "At the end of the day, it was real events," Colbert said he ultimately concluded. : Alexander Skarsgrd (Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgrd) is a Swedish actor best known for his role as Brad Iceman Colbert in the miniseries Generation Kill (2008). Brad is an advisor on the film and was Adam's MSgt. MLB.TV is a great option for anyone who doesn't live in their favorite team's broadcast area. He is also known for his platoon's role in and perception of the 2003 invasion of Iraq which was featured in a series of articles in Rolling Stone by Evan Wright and later expanded into the book Generation Kill which was turned into a HBO mini series of the same name in which Colbert was portrayed by Alexander Skarsgrd. In addition to the embarrassing loss of bodily control that 25 percent of all soldiers experience, other symptoms include time dilation, a sense of time slowing down or speeding up; vividness, a starkly heightened awareness of detail; random thoughts, the mind fixating on unimportant sequences; memory loss; and, of course, your basic feelings of sheer terror.