Look for the DWYM seal for products that are the best in the category. Yes. . ;p(' H,X2[F8n bI}8)G ,b2@Ug`@ ~k5 endstream endobj 41 0 obj <>>> endobj 42 0 obj <>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB]/Properties<>/MC1<>>>/XObject<>>>/Rotate 0/TrimBox[0.0 0.0 360.0 342.0]/Type/Page>> endobj 43 0 obj <> endobj 44 0 obj <> endobj 45 0 obj [/ICCBased 52 0 R] endobj 46 0 obj <> endobj 47 0 obj <> endobj 48 0 obj <> endobj 49 0 obj <> endobj 50 0 obj <>stream This model uses four AA batteries, which are not included, and opens up to 150 bottles before a new set is needed. It took a few tries for our tester to get this one to workthe down button needs to be held down for a bit longer than the others and the first few tries were unsuccessful. Good Luck! Theres an included foil cutter, a small aerator pourer, and a vacuum stopper for when youre done with the bottle. Reviewed in the United States on March 11, 2010. I can only conclude that these people are in serious financial difficulty and the store personal are under enormous pressure to sell service contracts and do everything possible to avoid a warranty claim. {{^isModal}}Check your email for future offers and promotions. According to our home-tester, this opener removed a wines foil in two seconds, causing it to fall off like a bottlecap, she noted. This brookstone wine opener is run using 4 AA batteries and unfortunately the product does not include any batteries for users. She found that while it is large (it takes up quite a bit of space in a cupboard or drawer), it makes quick work of a cork. Push on the up-arrow button and the cork is released from the mechanism. productslearn more about This travel-size opener from Ozeri is perfect for both smaller kitchens and wine lovers who often open a bottle on the road. An effective wine opener is a must-have tool for any oenophile, whether youre a casual sipper or an aspiring sommelier. Automatic Wine Opener easily removes corks from your favorite wine bottles. (No review - experience with shopping in Brookstone? The foil cutter was sharp and effective, and the worm removed the cork with absolutely no effort on my end. The openers charging base measures 5.51 x 5.32 inches and includes storage space for the foil cutter. All of the wine openers in this article have been carefully chosen by our editors and writers. Whether youre comfortable with it (or do it often) is another story. Christine Clark, Product Tester. A wine is good for about three to four days after opening. We Tested the Best Electric Wine Bottle OpenersHere Are the Top Picks, The 6 Best Corkscrews of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The Barvivo Corkscrew is This Sommelier's Go-To Wine Opener: Here's Why, The 5 Best Wine Decanters of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 8 Best Can Openers of 2023, Tested and Reviewed, The 6 Best Wine Foil Cutters, According to Our Bottle-Opening Tests, The Coravin Wine System is Worth the Investmentand Could Actually Save You Money, Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener Review, The Best Electric Can Openers of 2023, Tested and Reviewed. COPYRIGHT THE E.W. This page works best with JavaScript. The handle is thicker than most waiter's keys, which ensures the opener feels secure and won't bend while removing trickier corks. But Cuisinarts Wine Opener can help extend your wines freshness with its vacuum sealer. Leave it to the gizmo-meisters at Brookstone to devise an automated answer to vino vicissitudes of extracting stoppers. 0000002328 00000 n Dimensions: 12 x 2.7 x 7.5 inches |Material: Stainless steel | Color: Silver | Weight: 1.2 pounds, "In our test runs, the cork came out cleanly and in a matter of seconds." When I replaced them with a new battery pack, it worked even better that it had in the first place. "It's light weight. Wine lovers who like to savor their wine, as well as people who only enjoy wine occasionally, say they're happy they made this investment. (A natural or synthetic cork will reseal itself after you remove the needle.). However, if youre prepared for that quirk, its simple to use and its nice not to have to wait for it to charge. For indoor use only . The wine opener opens any bottle in less than five seconds using the convenient lever-pull design and works well with natural corks. Youll need to stock the gas cartridges, and you can also add on other attachments like an aerator, which will cut your aerating time significantly. Brookstone auto wine opener. trailer <]/Prev 265123>> startxref 0 %%EOF 61 0 obj <>stream By using this website you agree. It appears that like a lot of retailers now, they are more interested in selling service contract than merchandise (i.e. Christine Clark, Product Tester. Available in black, with gold, red, or silver accents, this opener automatically removes the cork when placed on the neck of a bottle and auto-ejects it afterward. I have used all types of wine openers (manual types) in the past, and this electric opener is by far my favorite one. 0000007295 00000 n V)gB0iW8#8w8_QQj@&A)/g>'K t;\ $FZUn(4T%)0C&Zi8bxEB;PAom?W= The opener also includes a foil cutter, which has a storage slot on the base. Get easy-to-follow, delicious recipes delivered right to your inbox. 0000003656 00000 n If you put it in the refrigerator, it may last an extra day or two. While she has a kitchen drawer full of wine keys, she believes using an electric opener just makes life so much easier. Every feature worked exactly as it should. Does not work, bad design, a joke of a product. Siobhan Wallace, the original author of this roundup, has written about food and wine for over a decade. BEST BUY, the BEST BUY logo, the tag design, and MY BEST BUY are trademarks of Best Buy and its affiliated companies. We do not collect any personal information and we do not provide any of the information to third-party services. To create additional boards. And no matter which one you use today, all of them still require a little bit of dexterity and a dash of elbow grease to pry a stubborn stopper out. Don't buy anything from this company. machine: ampvm8; highPriority: false; fromSitemap: false; fromPortal: false; {{orderPriceInfoDisplayVO.formattedOrderSubTotal}}. Super durable and easy to wipe clean if you spill any wine, this easy-to-use bottle opener takes our top spot as our Best Overall pick. Units like a Coravin require more rigorous cleaning procedures, so read up on your particular unit before use. Accented in black, this model opens a wine bottle with a single touch. SCRIPPS CO., ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. How long does wine last after you open it? Driving directions and locations to store: Brookstone located in Brea Mall: 1065 Brea Mall, Brea, California - CA 92821. 0000024711 00000 n Christine Clark, Product Tester. Cheep! Dimensions: 5.50 x 4.75 x 12.25 inches |Material: Rubber | Color: Black | Weight: 3.4 pounds, "I think this is an excellent model for the price. o g\R9h2f; .[xts[vVWc JL_0c'B\-pOQQ$HAJ{f|tWv`u k9^LL;D~o#]xTwduecof0cF wb.*s~Pke`}D4 hP endstream endobj 60 0 obj<>stream We bought a second on as a gift, hence this review. 0000002565 00000 n She finally gave up and grudgingly gave me a replacement. Think about what features are important to you, as well as what's feasible for your budget. Ih~,3pPKmJTJy<5wTZ|k1ipU1 0000002126 00000 n While its not technically an opener, it not only pours your wine but preserves whatever you dont drinkessentially, youre accessing your wine without actually opening the bottle. She found it extremely easy to use and appreciated that it came with its own foil cutter,making the bottle-opening process even easier. This has happened to me! This opener doesnt have a charging base; instead, you can connect it directly to a charging cable. Plus, it's sleek and budget-friendly. Dimensions: 7.25 x 3.75 x 7.3 inches | Weight: 2 pounds | Material: Metal, "This opener is heavy and sturdy, with a super-sharp worm that easily removes corks. However, our tester notes that there is no foil cutter, so you will have to use kitchen scissors or a paring knife to open the foil. 0000003913 00000 n It works well for what it is, and actually, the cheap-feeling materials are a plus for a travel model, as it wouldn't be a huge tragedy if you lost it." ^QN~gypGw9dItWiRG6R{&W_kx_!8>{09I_zy&-/ZL}j'j` endstream endobj 63 0 obj<>stream Takes 4 AA batteries (not included). Price at time of publish: $30 for Electric Wine Opener, Dimensions: 5.51 x 14.96 x 5.32 inches | Weight: 1 pound | Material: Plastic, "If you're looking for a workhorse opener for a standard weeknight bottle of wine, this is an excellent option.". %PDF-1.4 % I was really shocked at the clerk's attitude. Then, lift the handle with one hand while securely gripping the opener around the bottle with the other, and your cork will pop out in one smooth motion. You need to be signed in to create more than one idea board. If you don't press down firmly, the worm will just spin around and not make contact with the cork. 0000001980 00000 n Dimensions: 11 x 6.5 x 1 inches | Weight: 2.46 ounces | Material: Steel, "If you're a collector or frequently open older wines with crumbling corks, an ah-so is essential. The ah-so style is something that most wine professionals own. It's also wise to think about extraneous parts that you may have to replace from time to time, including batteries. Featuring two prongs that slide down the sides of the cork, this tool is designed to gently and effectively pull old and brittle corks. Mine was stuck way up inside. Please also consider subscribing to WIRED. 307227p. Brookstone Automatic Wireless Wine Opener: Unlike most of its competitors, this Brookstone model runs on batteries, rather than a charger. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. Though it took a bit longer to charge than it said (it took more like three and a half hours for our tester), this opener was fairly straightforward to use. To open your bottle, align the opener so that the worm is positioned at the center of the cork, then push the lever down to insert. Charging via the included USB cable takes about two and a half hours, and the unit can open up to 80 bottles on a full charge. Hopefully the Brookstone Automatic Wine Opener can help make opening a bottle of wine much easier. H\Ko0 It took me a few tries to get it rightbut I love it! That depends on the type of wine. Here's how it works: You hold the black, 10-inch-long opener directly over a bottle, steady the bottle with your other hand, and push a down-arrow button. It boasts a sleek, compact design. Wine openers come in many forms, though. This page works best with JavaScript. All of the wine openers in this article have been carefully chosen by our editors and writers. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Brookstone Automatic Wine Opener with Foil Cutter. Do you have to refrigerate wine after opening? Do you plan trip to Brookstone in Brea Mall. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Since corks are springy, it proved impossible to pry it out. You have to buy it yourself The price is inexpensive, cheaper than some standard openers. All Rights Reserved. {{^isModal}} Not receiving our emails? It is simple and elegant and performs, as advertised, amazingly well. Circuit City they made more money selling these contract than TV sets, BEFORE they went out of business). and quickly, though, and for that reason, is one of our testers top picks. WIRED may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Then press the up arrow and the screw automatically unwinds throw the cork and the cork just pops into your hand. Price at time of publish: $35 for Wine Opener, Dimensions: 16 x 6 x 6 inches |Material: Stainless steel and plastic (ABS) | Color: Silver | Weight: 1.12 pounds, "If I were traveling and needed to bring along an electric wine opener, I would absolutely go with this Ozeri model. Reviewed in the United States on October 28, 2019. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. 0000006395 00000 n Works with natural and synthetic corks. hb```b``vf`@ (8u1d+*e%m3kD'+{,xiAdWRY2W7X1,Hdk(} `*-gK`$Xgqq2:3 Yes. n3kGz=[==B0FX'+tG,}/Hh8mW2p[AiAN#8$X?AKHI{!7. Brookstone, Brea. x- [ 0}y)7ta>jT7@t`q2&6ZL?_yxg)zLU*uSkSeO4?c. R -25 S>Vd`rn~Y&+`;A4 A9 =-tl`;~p Gp| [`L` "AYA+Cb(R, *T2B- Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. 0000002416 00000 n If youre looking for something fancier or often open several bottles at a time, consider a rechargeable electric wine opener, some of which can open up to 30 bottles in a single charge. ), https://www.outletszone.com/outlet-stores/brookstone/brea-mall--brea--california, Write review and give rating about your shopping. Please wait while this amp page is being built. @yFT/0u9* Taz=z16(]'tCg&1+'7yp-&r;0=qUpK$j_|/S;D qexU?_O I endstream endobj 64 0 obj<> endobj 65 0 obj<>stream We then create one easy-to-understand review. To remove any cork in seconds, with zero physical effort, just place the opener on the neck of the bottle, and press the lower switch to bring the worm down into the cork. It only pulls the cork out 1/2 way and then stops. Brookstone Automatic Wine Opener byBrookstone Write a review How are ratings calculated? and the types of bottles you plan to open (there are specialized wine openers for older vintages and some are better than others for synthetic corks). Have to go back to my old fashion opener. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. She is based in Toronto and holds a Wine & Spirits Education Trust Level III qualification. Open box For parts or not working Good condition: Functions but showssignificant markings. Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2011. Try the high-tech, budget-friendly option,Ozeri Nouveaux Electric Wine Opener. . 0000000736 00000 n Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon, See all details for Brookstone Automatic Wine Opener. If youre not one to drink a lot of wine, but desire an opener for when guests swing by, this option is an excellent all-purpose option. I used a cocktail fork to get it moving, but I couldn't get it all the way out. H\@FyZv/$ [[p1?3 IqOYGz (*n7f,,N]N:?w}VJv\1w/4d:OwnoS?_q/E!J/xko6|wyKZOuO%VTrv<5)/EiHZ-5THu$If%d4d!9NZhA 4CxHF#Hb1RAC It's always useful to have on hand!". BUT, I just had to comment on this wine opener. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Powered by a quick-charge battery, their Automatic Wine Opener pulls out natural and synthetic corks with just the touch of a button. Double-hinged corkscrews, as compared to those with a single hinge, provide additional leverage to safely and easily remove either synthetic or natural corks from any bottle. 0000003493 00000 n Brookstone Compact Wine Opener. A magnetic foil cutter connects to the top of the model and cleverly hides the power button. Mall Black Friday & Holiday hours . As you hold the opener, the corkscrew penetrates and then removes the cork with one press of the button. 0000004260 00000 n Brookstone compact wine opener is surely one of the best wine openers in the market due to its design and pulling-out power. 3anGQM>QO| After rating each item based on a comprehensive list of methodologies, and ranking them on key attributes, our experts provided personal feedback to update this roundup. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. The corkscrew goes into the bottle, takes out the cork, and your wine is ready to drink. Our tester found this easy to grip and to use, both to remove corks and to create a vacuum seal. A waiters key stabilizes the cork to help you remove it, while a more automated wine opener will pop the cork without any effort from you. productslearn more about Finally, she tested each product to see how easy it was to clean. 309554p. Illuminated LED light ensures the unit is charging correctly. Appearance-wise, this was one of our testers favorites. 2015 Brea Mall, Brea, CA 92821 Directions +17142570118 View Website About this Business . Reviewed in the United States on October 28, 2019. Allow 3-5 days to begin receiving emails. The aerator pourer didnt drip and helped bring out the flavor of the wine more quickly. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. In fact, the screw is modeled after a tool of war; soldiers used metal claws mounted to the end of wooden ramrods to clear bullets from musket barrels that failed to fire. All rights reserved. We received one of these as a gift a couple of years ago, and we *never* would have expected it to work well. Great gift too. Address & locations: 1065 Brea Mall, Brea, CA 92821. Complete garbage. Gone are the days when bulky electric wine openers were loud contraptions that broke easily. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we dont use a simple average. Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2012. HyTSwoc [5laQIBHADED2mtFOE.c}088GNg9w '0 Jb Glass bar carts with gold or brass accents are popular in home decor. We want you to feel secure after we work for you. To revisit this article, visit My Profile, thenView saved stories. Dimensions: 1.77 x 1.77 x 9.92 inches |Material: Aluminum and ABS (plastic) | Color: Metallic Gray | Weight: 1.5 pounds, "This kit could be great for someone who's new to their wine journey but not so new that they wouldn't know what to do with everything." I just ordered another one for my brother-in-law. IT TAKES AT LEAST THREE TRIES TO OPEN. MONOPOL Germanys expertly crafted two-prong steel opener comes in a sleek, silver satin finish with a decorative cover and five-year warranty. IT IS UNBELIEVEABLE!! Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2013. Mine shreds corks rather than removing them, because the auger that screws into the cork is mounted at a slight angle to vertical. In order to help you find your new favorite wine opener, we sent the top electric versions to at-home testers and evaluated each one on its design, ease of use, quality of build, effectiveness, and overall value. I have bought gadgets over the years from Brookstone and occasionally returned items DURING the warranty period without a hassle. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. 0000002600 00000 n Check your email for future offers and promotions. Highly recommend thsi item to others. Im going to look for a opener without rubber on the outside. The device, I found, is is powered by three 1.2 volt rechargeable NiMH patteries in series. GP/(?U&f0N)i]TB&i^rm! Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Wipe clean. During testing, we found that this model easily removed the cork in seconds thanks to the openers one-touch functionality. Unfortunately there is no pre-assembled replacement battery pack available, and to make the repair when the time comes you (or someone) has to open the device, buy new batteries with tabs, solder them, and wire them in. With that guidance in mind, cork removal is a breeze with this tool. Both have been amazed at how well it works! Brookstone Automatic Wine Bottle Opener Foil Cutter Stand One Touch NIB Gift $19.99 $9.75 shipping or Best Offer Brookstone Compact Wine Opener $18.99 $4.50 shipping or Best Offer Brookstone Blue Bottle Opener Light 3 tools In 1 $8.49 Was: $9.99 $4.99 shipping Brookstone Aperto Auto Sensing Automatic Rechargeable Wine Bottle Opener $18.99 Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. The Oster Cordless Electric Wine Bottle Opener with Foil Cutter takes the top spot, because it makes bottle-opening practically effortless. With a timeless black and gold design, the RBT Electric Corkscrew by Rabbit is effortless and definitely a worthwhile splurge. This model utilizes one-touch functionality for operation, and there's a blue light and transparent window to help you line up the bottle and the corkscrew. Still, having one is essential for wine lovers; if you feel that the cork in your older barolo or your aged port is at risk, whip out this two-pronged opener to avoid having to use cheesecloth and a decanter (plus, it takes up minimal space in your pocket or jacket). The first time we applied the opener to a bottle, we managed to chip a piece of glass off the top rim. Customer service rep said they receive many calls from customers with the same problem. {{^isMultiSku}} {{#isShipIt}} {{#freeShippingPromo}} {{#freeShippingEligible}}, Success! She the proceeded to tell me that it failed due to normal wear and tear, this is after 4 months!! To revisit this article, select My Account, thenView saved stories, If you buy something using links in our stories, we may earn a commission. Dimensions: 8.27 x 2.76 x 8.27 inches |Material: Stainless steel and silicone | Color: Black and gold | Weight: 1.19 pounds, "This feels like one of the more giftable options on the listit looks nice and works well." It all depends on whether you want to add a new skill to your repertoire (or whether you even need to). She also noted that the hinged steps are a particularly nice feature; it lends you the leverage you need to guide a stuck cork out. I expect better from Brookstone products. 0000000936 00000 n Dimensions: 0.8 x 6 x 1.5 inches | Weight: 2.82 ounces | Material: Metal and steel, "The groove on the worm of this bottle is absolutely elegant. Dimensions: 12 x 2.7 x 7.5 inches | Weight: 1.2 pounds | Material: Stainless steel, "I really enjoyed using this. Experts got your back at all times! As a result, we learned new garage door opener repair and installation strategies. A compact base for wireless charging and USB charging completes the design. Brushed stainless accents add to its elegant design. That should get cork off the screw. We independently research, test, review, and recommend the best Osters Cordless Electric Wine Bottle Opener is your quintessential electric workhorse. I called customer service and they suggested rubbing alcohol. 2y.-;!KZ ^i"L0- @8(r;q7Ly&Qq4j|9 She lives in Paris, France, where she conducts wine and food pairing experiences, hosts a podcast, and teaches wine courses at universities. On the contrary, other openers may be more suitable for newer corks and even synthetic ones. {[N#7*,e+K_wI/"Q{}Aiue^.Jrn8jL$]nS|Nc cR8R+Y) ]"?}d ? {{^ibPublic}} Private {{/ibPublic}} {{#ibPublic}} Public {{/ibPublic}}, {{#isPrivate}} Private {{/isPrivate}} {{^isPrivate}} Public {{/isPrivate}}. Our tester rated the Secura Electric Wine Opener as among the best available. Product description. THE NEWER CORK TYPES OPEN MUCH EASIER. Never force the corkscrew onto a bottle or attempt to speed up the . 0000003143 00000 n Theres also a bright LED light illuminating the inner chamber during opening. Theyre also relatively affordable, generally speaking (particularly this model). Brookstone Automatic Wine Opener with battery-operated Cork Removal Corkscrew. Reviewed in the United States on December 26, 2014, Good product, replace an electric model that no longer charges, Reviewed in the United States on July 5, 2010. A full charge can open up to 120 bottles of wine. They can be pricey, but they take the hassle out of popping bottlesand some get the job done in mere seconds. Store brand: Brookstone. For more specific openers, like a Coravin or an ah-so, we ensured that they did their task with precision, be it carefully extracting old corks or a single sample of wine. The vacuum sealer works by pumping down on the units top to create an airtight seal. to redeem, enter your email at checkout to see your offers. Some of the attributes we looked for and rated each item on included the design, quality of build, effectiveness, and overall value of the wine opener, as well as ease of use. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. 2023 Best Buy. A full charge can open about 40 bottles of wine. our process. 0000001224 00000 n The total doesn't include S&H, tax and discounts. Her work has appeared in AllRecipes, Bon Appetit, and VinePair. V|(0phQ|lc]>on;Nx ~p~ L(r2AYU3QVC|/|^,6u^#:[U $4_P.>P:k@TES)th@|CB,;CSE}D2WL!6]tjp9IIrzyod15Z^+&F2KT&4,m JfBX4j?YEPqvs Our tester found this item very easy to use. 0000001518 00000 n But it truly surprised us and immediately became the family corkscrew of choice, especially for family members with arthritis. 0000005931 00000 n For a standard wine opener, we looked for openers that cut seamlessly through foil and made quick work of a cork, without crumbling or cracking it.