24 Titles Per Year Butter Outta Cream From Catch Me If You Can [Musical] - Digital Sheet Music Price: $5.99 Includes 1 print + interactive copy. Methought I wasthere. 'Cause she she's going to the wedding with us. Get mine, wonders you can't have. Showcasing a monologue you actually enjoy performing can make your audition stand out and let your talent really come through. over about 20 percent of the body surface. Sean, would you like to hear me tell a joke? I never said he was a criminal, Mr. Abagnale. You can call him when we get to New York. -It's something else. While it may be hard to find the song that is absolutely perfect for you, it should be easy to see whats absolutely NOT you. He flies through this internal monologue and flows through several different emotions. | Attachments: I keep telling them this is not my problem. ( "Embraceable You" playing on record player ). Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. If you are 54 very skinny tenor and you take Me into an audition, you will confuse the panel and more than likely you will not be considered. Dramatic Monologue For Female Kid Actors. They have a staff doctor in the emergency ward. You think the FBI are the only ones on this guy? Just put the name there. Give me half that eclair and I'll tell you. Belle in Beauty in the Beast: Belle is supposed to beautiful, thin, and a soprano. I must confess, I'm guilty of the same foolish whimsy. How did you cheat on the bar exam in Louisiana? on a two-month public relations tour through Europe. Why don't I give you back $400 and you give me that check? However, in the real world, there are so many actors available that its fairly easy to find whatever you are looking for. I'm not here to arrest you. And in each . Don't you think they might get a little suspicious? flight number 27, serving Fort Myers, Sarasota, Tampa. That is largely because in number after number, a dream ensemble led by a lithe and charismatic Aaron Tveit as Frank, Tom Wopat as his con man, boozy dad, and Norbert Leo Butz as Carl Hanratty, the shleppy cop who takes him in, dazzles. Gain full access to show guides, character breakdowns, auditions, monologues and more! Come on, he's dabbling in government checks here. That's very good, Dr. Ashland. However, we have dozens of other monologues that you can read. little foreign sports cars that he drives. Carl, I'm going to prison for a long time. HANRATTY: All right, remain seated, everyone, please. Next take the list of roles you dont know and do two things: 1) Do a Yahoo or Google Image search for the name of the role, the show, and Broadway. He washes off their names and he puts on his own. This man has to be on a plane for America. Sir, you're being investigated by the government for tax fraud. The book is acknowledged to have been partly fictionalized, and the factual basis for the events . Guide written by Samantha Riffle -I opened a checking account. ): American Airlines flight 131. Since his release from prison in 197 4, Frank has helped the FBI capture some of the world's most elusive check forgers. Ashley you know what I found on the sidewalk out there? Tonys monologue in the West Side Story is ideally suited for a young adult male actor. and you tell him to drive all through the night. Well, every pilot has to have two things with him, at all times: One is his airline personnel badge--, looks just like this one here, from Pan Am--, Oh. Dramatic Monologue for Teen Female. SOUND OF MUSIC - Brigitta tells Maria that her father loves her. Many times these decisions are left up to the courts. Frank and Carl remain close friends to this day. Brothers and sisters, resist the Devil and he will flee from you. They've accepted me into their training program. For airline personnel, we cash personal checks up to $100. Sorry, if it was easy, everyone would be a star. You got me goin', got me goin' and goin' Just stay away from the hi-fi system, all right? They call him "the James Bond of the sky.". Here. I've decided to get off the road for awhile. -of India ink, drafting. My master worned me to give it only into your hand (seeing her problem). But oftentimes when taken out of the play, the monologue loses its context and can confuse the listener. l-I'm sorry, we don't open for half an hour. Once you have found songs that you think could work, take them to your teacher and acting coach. Type above and press Enter to search. 4-5 Min. Click on their names as well and see what other roles theyve played. Give Me Pity!, the latest film from director Amanda Kramer, is a warped take on variety show programming of the 1970s and early '80s. Maybe a nail polish remover where the acetone. It follows the story of a con artist named Frank Abagnale. You know, I've got a little bit of a cold myself Me If You Can. If the description mentions the name of the actress who debuted the role or other actresses who have played the role, write them down as well. Well, how do you know he hasn't rented a car. She's the one balances the checkbook at our house. as an employee of the federal government. Uh, no, I've been primarily based on the West Coast. How much would you pay me for the entire night? He is best friends with Riff and together formed their gang, The Jets. Tony takes a job at the local soda fountain in the attempt to change his ways. Waking up and wondering if anyone would really miss me if I never got out of bed. Yeah. -Why won't you sit down? Based on the hit Steven Spielberg film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks, Catch Me If You Can is a. -Frank Taylor?! You have the rest of your college career and early years in New York to sing these songs, pick the ones that seem most interesting to you now and start learning. Hear me, you gamblers! Type is one of the most troubling issues facing many young performers. WOMAN ( over P.A. You rob their banks, you steal their money, I told you this was what was going to happen. Catch Me If You Can is a musical drama with a libretto by Terrence McNally and a theatrical score by Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman. If you are a short, curvy mezzo, with short black hair and a nose ring, singing Home is not the best audition choice for you. I'd like to take you out for a steak dinner. However, we have dozens of other monologues that you can read. can't stop staring at those damn pinstripes. Frank Abagnale Sr. : [now calmer] You're not a cop! Tell me you wrote down the name of the village, Mr. Fox. I'm getting married. He's making a circle. ", he's opening checking accounts at various banks, then changing the MICR ink routing numbers. and you stayed in that hotel on Lake Charles. because it's it's just silly, isn't it? My lady, my master has sent me to present to you a missive, (seeing her confusion) it is a sort of letter. ). Catch Me If You Can Lyrics Act 1 Live In Living Color The Pinstripes Are All That They See Someone Else's Skin Jet Set Don't Break The Rules Butter Outta Cream The Man Inside The Clues Christmas Is My Favorite Time Of Year Act 2 Doctor's Orders Don't Be A Stranger Little Boy, Be A Man Seven Wonders (Our) Family Tree Fly, Fly Away Goodbye How did you know I wouldn't look in your wallet? You ought to be in prison, in the deepest, dankest, darkest prison! uh, Pan Am sends them a check every single month? Other inmates try to steal his things, including a manuscript he has written. Catch Me If You Can is a semi-autobiographical book about criminal exploits allegedly engaged in by Frank Abagnale Jr., a onetime con artist.Abagnale claims that, as a young man, he cashed $2.5 million worth of bad checks while impersonating a Pan Am pilot, a doctor, a teacher, and an attorney. Since this site only lists Broadway credits, you may also want to Google them, find their personal website, or look them up on Wikipedia and see what else theyve done Regionally, on Tour, off-Broadway, and in concert. I mean, this this check was hand-cut, not fed. There is no perfect one-size-fits-all list you can find. You know, he's got over 200 checks here, a gallon. I'll never come back to-to Bellarmine Jefferson again! ( lilting melody played on acoustic guitar ), ( saxophone, bass play mid- tempo, improvisational jazz ), out of being the most outrageous impostor. Towards the end of its existence, a crusading altruist radio reporter and his traditionalist listeners expose the brothel for its indecency and force it to close its doors forever. Open the door, please. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Maybe Frank could come work for you, Roger. I'm sorry, Carl, if you couldn't catch him here. II - EP. and I have an appointment with Mr. Morgan. Just don't put yourself Me If You Can in this type of position. Yes, l-I am a Lutheran, but, please, call me Frank. Buck wild, there's no turning back. Sunset Boulevard Script. To find your type, read about the two different yet similar processes below and do the work yourself. The schools use costumes, make-up, and body language to make it work. Last check was cashed in Madrid a week ago. Just tell me how much he owes and I'll pay you back. is to become a real live pilot for Pan American Airways. #3: Research the celebrities your friends/teachers selected for you and write down the roles they have played in the past (TV, Film, Stage, and Musical). The next monologue from musicals choice comes from a wildly popular musical called Chicago. Type can seem limiting, but if you use it to your advantage, its liberating. And-and you're and you're telling me what? About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . If requested, here are a few audition monologues for Catch Me If You Can: "Don't Look at Me #1" in The Best Men's Monologues from New Plays, 2019 "Don't Look at Me #2" in The Best Men's Monologues from New Plays, 2019 "Playing With Fired" in The Best Men's Monologues from New Plays, 2019 you would've landed yourself Me If You Can a pretty good collar. You also get to see the connection between a showgirl who wants to become clean and lead an honest life, and ends up with a craps dealer who is far from being the person to find that type of life with. She is hoping to reach the sinning gamblers on the streets of Broadway and is imploring them to seek her help. And then we feed the checks into the MICR machine. Take a look at our library of quizzes. Tell me, Frank, what was the name of his little dog? Catch Me If You Can Catch Me If You Can Musical Writers: Terrence McNally Marc Shaiman Scott Wittman Monologues Sorry! When I was a young man, I needed the money. Catch Me If You CanSong by Alan Walker, Sophie Simmons, and Sorana #lyrics #music #artist badge? Duration: 2:31. . Somewherein you there's a fascinating man. "in 26 foreign countries and all 50 states. Frank, Frank, calm down, will you? Duration: 2:31. -( students laughing ), What do they think, it's easy for a woman my age. Monologue: "He's taken an interest. Quoting a Classic- The Stars Reveal Their Favorite Lines from A CHRISTMAS STORY! Directed by Molly Smith. Listen, I'm getting a brand-new Cadillac. Tony is the doomed lover in this story and is a bad boy gone good. ( chuckling ): It was printed on a monster France. Begin looking through musical theatre synopses of the current Broadway and 0ff-Broadway shows online (start by using Wikipedia this will require that you read, possibly a lot). Monologue 2: Chicago. "About an hour after we arrived . You practically wrote the book on bank fraud. number. I don't know what the hell you're talking about. 2022. He attempts to convince himself to take the risk but cannot succeed. She along with some other female inmates are sharing stories of what got them locked up. Since Donald went on the altar boysThere was alcohol on his breath." 3. I was giving him a tour of the apartment. That's 'cause I know you'll be back on Monday. He is extraordinarily optimistic but cannot help be pulled back into his old ways. How about one of the monologues from musicals with a bit of rage in it? and all the money that it costs to travel? No, no, Dad, th-that's a chilled salad fork. You didn't call just to apologize, did you? WHERE: Mill City Nights, Minneapolis. WHEN: 6:30 p.m. At a surprisingly early hour cocktail hour, perhaps John Waters will launch into a mile-a-minute . All of this was in the report I filed two days ago. The monologues should include a variety of types including monologues from musicals stemming from both classic and contemporary. until the aircraft has come to a complete stop. Aw, thanks! They're checks. This will bring up a list of other actors/actresses who played the role. Magnetic ink, it's, uh, raised against my fingers. He fell, and he and he broke his neck. You don't need to worry about anything now, Dad. SOUND OF MUSIC - Teen Female - Dramatic. Frank has also designed many of the secure checks that banks and Fortune 500 companies use every day. Tall and handsome. Join StageAgent today and unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. Six feet tall, brown hair, 27 to 30 years of age. They'll take it out of your next paycheck. Just open the door. It consists of inner speech, where you can "hear" your own voice play out phrases and conversations . Guys and Dolls is a romantic comedy that brings the most unlikely connections. A mix of our Friday night show and Wednesday alumni show performances.00:00 Director's Introduction01:00 Act I1. The monologue is spoken by Cervantes manservant- Sancho Panza. Get mine, coming out to stun. -You gonna be a pilot? This is an ongoing list that you will refer back to for the rest of your career, so take a little bit of time to do it write. You will be caught, you will go to prison. I have decided to become an airline pilot. We begin as Frank is captured by Agent Carl Hanratty, after years of pursuit. So, you want something with some feeling that will blow the casting directors away? If the page on either of these sites includes songs that the character sings, write them down. Catch Me If You Can is a music track that is unlocked at the Ardougne Rat Pits . It's the exact suit he wore in the movie. Have a clear objective. Sister Act Libvb Musical Script. Jack wanted to talk business with your father. Jazz legend and "What a Wonderful World" singer Louis Armstrong. Max Bialystock is a producer who is slowly fading out of the limelight. Monologues from musicals, in particular, can be hard to find since most of them are songs. Before I went to medical school, I passed the bar in California. Think positive. I sure am, little lady. and New York Kennedy, is now available at gate n ( announcements continue indistinctly over P.A. All of those WOMAN ( over P.A. who are you to say something like that, huh? Buck wild, you can't fathom that. They told lies! that there was no other way for it to end. I told them I'd walk out first and give a signal. Either way, make notes on what you do and dont like. Frank's mother said the name of a village in France. to make that call for you, is that what you did? From A Chorus Line to Youre a Good Man, Charlie Brown, weve got plenty of monologues from musicals to choose from! And the men are literally holding their breath. Write down the other roles they have played. It is an astonishing, touching, moving musical that holds recognition as one of the first plays to come out of a piece of historical literature. -Tell me your name. AMDURSKY: Carl, your walkie-talkie wasn't working. Please do not hesitate to contact us at [emailprotected] to ask any questions. He thinks we should get a lawyer and sue the government. You have yourself Me If You Can a great time in Paris. Frank needs to borrow a suit for a couple of hours. In this musical, murderesses Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart are sent to death row. ( loud conversation and laughter continues ), Now, somebody please tell me where you left off, Excuse me, people, if I need to ask again, Will you please open your textbooks to, uh, chapter eight, Brad, why don't you get up here in front of the class here, ( pronouncing poorly ): "Les Francais sonts, -"dans leur pais que -( students laughing ), presque tout le monde a cette impression". #2: Create a list with the most common terms your were given listed first. Take a look at some of the iconic dialogues from the reel life con artist. This is a great resource you will use for years to come. Excuse me, you know where Lance Applebaum is? It is a short monologue that would be portrayed appropriately by a young adult or adult female. He's in trouble. We have a recovered check on Agent Reiter's desk. 1 Min. Frank, you don't have to read all of this. After asking several people, you should hopefully start seeing some similarities. What are your favorite monologues from musicals? Animals and Pets Anime Art Cars and Motor Vehicles Crafts and DIY Culture, Race, and Ethnicity Ethics and Philosophy Fashion Food and Drink History Hobbies Law Learning and Education Military Movies Music Place Podcasts and Streamers Politics Programming Reading, Writing, and Literature Religion and Spirituality Science Tabletop Games . Do you understand what we're saying to you, Frank? "And I did it all before my 19th birthday. Buck wild, coming out of sun. This story is very obviously tragic mirroring Romeo and Juliet. Hey, you mind taking that gun out of my face? You now have an idea of where you do and dont fit in. I'm sorry I ran away, but you don't have to worry. Didn't that bank turn you down for a loan, though? Yes, Catch Me if You Can is actually inspired by a real story. Bring the drama with this one as you recant the tale of your husband being caught in a compromising position with your own sister that leads to blood on your hands. Man of La Mancha intends to reflect Don Quixote, the seventeenth-century works of Cervantes. about to expound this dream. Now, here is an enlargement of part of that photograph. Seeking 2 Actor Team for Spring Your son held a teacher-parent conference yesterday. I'll always be here. Catch Me If You Can is a big and bright spectacle with high-energy dance numbers and a riveting story, making it an ideal choice for Community and Professional theatres. When the audience comes to see the show, they have an expectation of the look and voice quality Gaston will have. I'm not a lawyer or a Harvard graduate or a Lutheran. "and I flew over two million miles for free. I will be there at 10:00am, no matter what. Find album reviews, track lists, credits, awards and more at AllMusic. Frankie! The film is based on the life of Frank Abagnale, a man who really did make history as one of the best con artists in modern history . Looks like the original amount was for $60. My partner's walking him to the car as we speak-- Look. "It Isn't Easy" in The Acting Coach Approach: 48 Monologues for Kids . WOMAN 2: They lost a uniform. As you read, write down the names of roles that sound like they fit you based on your work in steps 1-3. ): Custodial to cafeteria. [1] The guys used to put your picture on their lockers. For the roles you dont have songs identified for, you have two options. sitting in a white Coupe DeVille out in front of Terminal J. Remember the celebrity you looked up? So what we need to do is make some decisions. Why don't why don't you call her right now? I know you you rented that car in Shreveport. We're having lunch at 12:30 with the Attorney General. If there are 10,000 results on YouTube for one song and 250 for another, Id suggest doing the 250 song. Catch Me If You Can Playbill - Black & White, July 2011 . 1 Catch Me If You Can. But nobody ever said a bad word about Winston Churchill, did they? Brenda, I ran away from home a year and a half ago. I absolutely LOVE this song, but I would not suggest using this as audition material, especially for college (it will make your head look like it's the size of Jupiter!). I have a payroll check here I'd like to cash. It's as simple as that. New York, NY, Linda Ray Join StageAgent today and unlock amazing theatre resources and opportunities. Set in the 1920's, Chicago brings sass and sexiness. A fast, rollicking musical by the creative team behind Hairspray, Catch Me If You Can tells the tale of an ingenious, yet lonely, boy looking for his place in the world. The next monologue from musicals choice comes from a wildly popular musical called Chicago. Having these ready to go can help you prepare more quickly for an audition since you will just need to polish it up instead of learning it from scratch. SOUND OF MUSIC - Teen Female - Dramatic. -( speaking French ). ): Nurse Hopp to the Nurses' Station South. Even with the turmoil that ensues, you get to watch a diverse set of characters come together, befriend one another, and even fall in love. Most of it's for your parents-- boring adult business--, but this paragraph right here, this is important. I had an abortion and I wasn't their daughter anymore. Someone else took the test for you, didn't they? 1) Buy the Book The New Broadway Song Companion byDavid P. DeVenney. You give the taxi driver this money right here. '42nd STREET' (Julian Marsh): "By tomorrow night I'll either have a live leading lady or a dead chorus girl" '42nd STREET' (Julian Marsh): "Sawyer, think of Broadway" Catch Me If You Can is an American film based on the life of Frank Abagnale. and I want to get her something extra-special. Step 4: Select a monologue. Catch Me If You Can. is no man can tell what. Nah, this isn't something you get to walk away from, Frank. Frankie, you don't have to wear the uniform here. Even if a cop comes and writes you a ticket. Seeking 2 Actor Team for Spring "I had cashed almost $4 million in fraudulent checks. -You're going to take a taxicab. You walk out that door, they're going to kill you. I'm a copilot for Pan Am. it's my midterm next week and my books were stolen. but you have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. addressed to himself Me If You Can from Pan Am. Internal monologue means more than just pondering over your own thoughts. Take your list of answers from above and create a summary using the examples below: Belter, plays 18-25, 56, 140lbs, Brown Hair, Green Eyes, look like an edgier Lea Michelle, fit Bad Girl, Vixen, Woman in Charge, Moody Outcast, Criminal type. Sir, do you think I can make a copy of this. New York, NY, Accessibility Statement Terms Privacy |StageAgent 2020. The only thing original is the signature. No, no, nobody's going to fire you, Brenda. You're a little late, but the jump seat is open. I thought I was going to shoot my tits off. Those born between March 1 and 20 are Pisces and those born between March 21 and . If you chose #1 above, look up all the songs on YouTube, or do a 30-60 second preview on iTunes. What is a man like you doing with Brenda? They're trying to scare me, intimidate me. Grumpy Old Men The mastermind behind SYFY's 12 Monkeys series, Terry Matalas, is now calling the shots on the bridge of Star Trek: Picard. Now that you know who you are and who youre not, its time to do some work. Singin' in the Rain Script. I think it's just me and you, and you know what? Gaston in Beauty and the Beast: Gaston is supposed to be a tall, strong, and manly. Carl, I gotta tell you, they're delicious. #7: UsingIBDB.com,look up each show and write down the names of the actresses/actors who played the roles you would play. To help save time, casting directors use type as a way to describe what they want and eliminate what they dont want before they waste time listening to people sing. Ask the question you came here to ask me. Manage Settings Circle the 3 to 5 terms that feel most comfortable to you. Engagement announcements, name of Conners. If the character is completely wrong, cross it off. SURGEON ( on TV ): 30 milligrams of codeine. Most of all, I'm honored to see my loving wife Paula ( feedback whining ): sitting in the front row. Brenda Brenda, I don't want to lie to you anymore. All-All the jewelry, all the furs, everything, Dad. PICKING THE PERFECT MUSICAL THEATRE COLLEGE AUDITION SONG, DO NOT LISTS OVERDONE SONGS AND MONOLOGUES, University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music, Bobby Cronin-The Understudy-SheetMusicCC.pdf. I represent the FBI from the United States of America. You know, it had been months since we'd even seen a woman. that eventually he churned that cream into butter. He fell down some steps at Grand Central Station. I just need you guys to help me weather the storm. to take checks from people we don't know. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Go tohttp://www.ibdb.com. At the same time, do not do something so rare that there is hardly a chance anyone in the audition room will know what it is. Research Playwrights, Librettists, Composers and Lyricists. He knows the layout. You're under arrest. Nobody bothers you down on the first floor. -I didn't think you forgot. I'm going to figure it out sooner or later. My sister, Veronica, and I did this double act and my husband, Charlie, traveled around with us. If youre lucky, you also have a decent list of songs that belong to each character. -I will take a taxi. You know, not many people knew it, but the Fhrer was a terrific dancer. You think this hotel is going to cash a $1,000 check. What qualifies me to be a future stewardess? However, this is one genre you should have included in your list. MATILDA THE MUSICAL- Matilda makes up a story about a child losing her parents. No, but listen, I'm telling you, the bank, they made the mistake. By this time, you should have a great list of possibilities. Well, then tell me this, Barry Allen, Secret Service. You just keep your eyes open, do your job. Catch Me If You Can - Trailer Share Watch on It begins, Brothers and sisters, resist the Devil and he will flee from you. You can also look up a show that has a role you like but maybe not the right song. Come on, Carl, this guy's a pen and ink man. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned, but the second mouse, he struggled so hard, that he eventually churned that cream into butter. It was based on the on the book by Terrance McNally with Lyrics written by Scott Wittman and Marc Shaiman and music by Marc Shaiman. It's a tour company operating out of the BVI. That is what the Bible tells us.. why don't you, you know, drive on over to Mom's house, Do you know what would happen if the IRS found out. The film chronicles the partially fictionalized life adventures of master criminal Frank Abagnale Jr., a man whose skill in disguise and . For the last six months, he's gone to Harvard and Berkeley. Catch Me If You Can captures the astonishing true story of Frank Abagnale, Jr., a world-class con artist who passed himself off as a doctor, a lawyer, and a jet pilot - all before the age of 21. The monologue is spoken by Velma during her incarceration. If you are 5'4" very skinny tenor and you take "Me" into an audition, you will confuse the panel and more than likely you will not be considered. Of course, sometimes, mornings arent so pleasant either. -Yeah, Frank Taylor, you know? My search returns 12 pages of around 20 roles per page or almost 240 roles that fit your voice type. This monologue would be a terrific way to show off your emotional versatility if youre looking for monologues from musicals.