During these nine days, we pray for specific intentions and graces in union with others praying this novena. Copyright Aleteia SAS all rights reserved. Dear Lord, we thank You and praise You for Your never-ending mercy and love. Thank you, for Your grace, mercy, and love. and where there is sadness, joy. Does Holiday stress make you think of anything but Jesus? He was abandoned as a common criminal by his disciples! Allow them the strength to support him and show him their love. .css-tadcwa:hover{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;}Philip Kosloski - @media screen and (max-width: 767px){.css-1xovt06 .date-separator{display:none;}.css-1xovt06 .date-updated{display:block;width:100%;}}published on 07/28/18. For the conversion of sinners. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Whether you are suffering from an addiction or are seeking some spiritual healing and deliverance from Christ, it is always best to devote some daily time to prayer. Thus, our faith teaches us not to consider our sufferings to be meaningless. Rescue Prayer Heavenly Father, the enemy, has confused many people and led them away using drugs. Break the chains of addiction in pieces and bring me out of my gloom and darkness. Daily Readings - viewed over 100 million times worldwide. Set them free from the evil chains of addictions. I offer up to you all my Negative thoughts from Satan So that when he asks Where is Your God now? I may respond Right here with me, giving me His grace As a Heavenly beam of light penetrating your darkness!". I humbly beseech thee to send forth your healing power into every area of my inner-woundedness. He is working in our hearts and the hearts of those suffering from the pain of addiction. He tells us in our suffering from every crucifix, in effect, Ive, In the midst of disappointments and betrayals, we may identify with Jesus words to His heavenly Father on the Cross from Psalm 22: My God My God why have you abandoned me? And yet, remember that in His glorious Resurrection our Lord was, Also, feel free to ask for prayers for yourself or others on our, page (and tell your friends about it as well! for God cannot be tempted with evil, and He himself tempts no one. The LORD is your guardian; the LORD is your shade; he is beside you at your right hand. 2023 | Catholic in Recovery | All Rights Reserved. This love can strengthen us in our struggles and also help us to share our sufferings with His on Calvary. A Prayer For Those Suffering Tragedy. As a doctor he treated the poor for no charge. Father, pull me from this pit and place my feet on the right way, the path that leads to you (Psalm 40:1). Prayers. It isnt easy to overcome and always requires an interior process of healing. Dear God of mercy, show him that life is full of joy and happiness, Let him feel your unconditional love and caring. A Prayer for Eradicating Poverty Creator God, Your image is alive in every human person giving to each of us an inviolable dignity. For all who love someone struggling with addiction and substance abuse, may they have faith and patience as they show their love, we pray. Dear Lord, please turn my weakness into strength. At your wits end? Intercede for (name) and ask the Lord to break the chains of this addiction and restore him/her to inner peace and freedom. In Jesus' name, Amen. Bring joy to those in great sorrow. "In response to the cases of abuse, especially to those committed by . Your Holy Hour: More Valuable for Souls Than You Can Imagine! Please help me to live in perfect freedom so that I can make a difference in the lives of drug addicts. Frustrated beyond belief? Her new book, A Rescued Life, is now available on Amazon. Weve abused it many times because of our own sinful nature. Hear the prayers we offer for our sick brother/sister. Lord, help them. These prayers we present here for offering up suffering can help you and others as well. Reader: They become seeds, or rainwater, and something beautiful springs up that we seldom see in this life.". Courage Prayer O Lord, quitting drugs and living a clean life is very hard. Entrust your prayer intentions to our network of monasteries. His feast day is August 28th. Knowing full well, and dreading, all the pain He was about to endure within a matter of hours he said My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt (Matt 26:39). Have faith and try not to give up. Reader: Open my heart to Your healing power. At your wits end? where there is darkness, light; Jesus wants us to share our worries and troubled times with Him in prayer, to offer them up to Him for the good of our souls. God tells us in Jeremiah 31:34 that "I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.". After two weeks, only Maximillian remained. "We pray that people who suffer from depression or burnout will find support and a light that opens them up to life . I want to drink, and I can't stop. The Holy Spirit is the best Counselor and Comforter (John 14:26). When it feels like we have no strength to carry on, we can trust in His power to keep going. The only power stronger than the call of addiction is Jesus. 2023 OUR CATHOLIC PRAYERS Draw Them Out Prayer Father in heaven, your children, have drifted away from your path. Wed also like to share with you this prayer to offer up sufferings related to confusion, doubt or despair you might naturally feel in bad times: Dear Lord, during this trial, I offer up to you my confusion Give me clarity I offer up to you my despair Give me hope I offer up to you my weakness Give me strength I offer up to you my pettiness Give me generosity of spirit. As we read in Psalm 23 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me. Our Creator can bring good out of evil and get us through troubled times. Check: Prayer For The Wilderness In Your Life. Teach me to reach out to You in my need, and help me to lead others to . Your Holy Hour: More Valuable for Souls Than You Can Imagine! We pray also for ourselves that we may encourage and support [him/her] in the days ahead. In Jesus name, I pray. Think of your sufferings and prayer offerings such as these as contributions into an Atonement Bank. Its not in danger of needing a bailout, and it can give you quite a high rate of return in Heaven! Amparo Gonzales on January 4th, 2023 at 6:31 Our Loving Father, giver of life and health, comfort and relieve those challenged by serious and chronic mental and emotional distress. Prayer For God's Comfort And Strength In Times Of Need Father, how I thank You that Jesus is my good Shepherd and is there to comfort and strengthen in times of suffering, sadness, pain and loss. Therefore, say this prayer as often as you can. Dear God of mercy, show him that life is full of joy and happiness. (1 John 5:4) "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. He works tirelessly for those who are most in need of help and brings the healing touch of God upon them. Help is not far away. Celeste is a wife, mother, and grandmother living in Louisianas Cajun Country. Send the right people in their lives to remind them of your love so that they can return to your arms of love and find forgiveness in you. Thank you for the Spirit that guides us to pray. May all who suffer pain, illness, or. For the Church, that it may always be attentive to those in need, we pray. Our selections here include Prayers for Offering Up Suffering, Prayers in Times of Financial Difficulties, and A Special Prayer in Time of Tribulation. God, my Father, help me to turn my eyes toward you. And so peace and unity are at the . In Jesus name, I believe and pray. Our God gives us life and constantly calls us to new life; let us pray to God with confidence. Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite love for all. She is a recovering food addict (embracing the slogan, If you cant stop at one, have none!), an avid knitter, and a lover of God. Hear us, Lord of life. Teach Us to Pray with Christina Patterson, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. For those gathered, that we may be a strength and support to encourage and assist all of those who struggle with addiction and substance abuse, we pray. Washington, DC 20006 In Jesus name, I believe and pray. Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it? Not at all! Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, This beautiful Catholic Prayer For Addiction Recovery will bring healing and love into the life of the person you care for. SHORT PRAYERS FOR DEPRESSION. Bless them with the persistence to . In the midst of disappointments and betrayals, we may identify with Jesus words to His heavenly Father on the Cross from Psalm 22: My God My God why have you abandoned me? And yet, remember that in His glorious Resurrection our Lord was not abandoned by His Heavenly Father ultimately, any more than well be if we place our hope and trust in Him in prayer. Catholic Prayer For The Drug Addict and Addictions : Father God, I surrender every one thats struggling with drug addiction into your able hands. But you are a good Father who loves us unconditionally. We can do all things through Him who gives us strength (Philippians 4:13). All Rights Reserved. Does addiction trap you? Remove the evil desire of using drugs from their minds and heart. Touch my mind with Your wisdom, that my mouth may always proclaim Your praise. Uniting our hardships with Christs suffering at Calvary can be a great way to atone for our sins as well as those of others. It's FREE! Though not yet a saint, Venerable Matt Talbot (1856-1925) is recommended as a patron for alcoholics. Rosaries, Crosses, Prayer Cards and more Sacred Heart of Jesus - Virtual Prayer Candle, Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament Prayers, Almsgiving, Prayer, and Fasting: The Three Pillars of Lent. News stations and newspapers report the damage and destruction. Healing does come. Cry out to God. For those who through addiction have lost their health and freedom, for those who suffer as a result of another's addiction, and for those who minister to and care for them, let us prayer to the Lord. Swept up in the Nazi ethnic cleansing of Poland, Maximillian was sent to Auschwitz in 1941. Your deposits can help you, your loved ones, or people you dont even know attain salvation and Eternal Life! Thank you for your love, compassion, and kindness lavished on the ones we love and us. This can help speed up progress in counseling, or even bring an instant miracle! Prayers from the Bible to Guide Your Prayer TimeTypes of Prayers We See in the BibleWhat Is the Prayer of Jabez in the Bible?How to Pray for Your Daily BreadPrayers for Anxiousness. God sent Jesus to bind up the brokenhearted and heal their wounds (Psalm 147:3). Addiction comes in many different forms and affects people from all walks of life. Remove This Evil Desire Prayer O Lord, you are my king, I sing in your honor and proclaim your constant love towards us. I do not possess the strength, but through Jesus, I can do anything (Philippians 4:13). With all the turbulence, danger, and uncertainty in the world today, we need Christianity for some sanity! I know how this addiction has harmed his/her physical health, damaged his/her relationships and endangered his/her spiritual wellbeing, and I realize that (name) cannot overcome it by him/herself but needs Gods help.