Please add me . Please review our FAQ here. I pointed out that I had received a letter assuring me that the credit was permanent and they directly when against what they had told me and still got nowhere. Bank of America had urged the panel to allow the class action lawsuits to proceed separately using "informal coordination" to organize the legal proceedings. So I had to call back again. I immediately contacted Bank of America prepaid card services to find out the problem, and they informed me that the problem stemmed from my sponsor, which would be EDD, and to contact them. Plus I received a letter dated April 5th that said my fraud claim has been closed and a block (hold) has been placed on my card account. I have spoken with Bank of America and been told to contact EDDlol, not an easy feat. I was on phone again trying to have them reopen my claim. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Please include me in this lawsuit! My uncle and me both have had 1000 taken from the edd boa account. I even filed a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and nothing has been done as of yet. I have never felt more unimportant and never has customer service had such a sense of disregard towards their customers. now I get to go back to the bank and spend all day there again today. A class action suit has been filed against Bank of America for its role in the widespread fraud involving California Employment Development Department (EDD) . The reps were always clueless to why this was happening and called it hold harmless. "As a result, thousands have lost their only lifeline due to fraudulent transactions and hacked accounts.". My identity has been verified for months and I am currently receiving paper checks but Im still not able to access the funds on my frozen Bank of America. Bank of America action like they dont want to process my claim. After one month my EDD BofA account was just reopened again and my newly replaced EDD Pre paid card was finally activated, I was transferred to Claims Dept. They refuse to give my money back. I have called many many times after just to be put on hold to look up then they hang up. Bank of America exposed unemployed California workers to fraud and suspended jobless payments after the banking behemoth failed to properly safeguard their benefits accounts, a federal. My card got declined and I tried again with the same outcome, only to check my account and see it almost completely drained. The settlement came under fire from some Bank of American customers who were unhappy with the high Previous Post So I gave up. Theyre treating me badly and their agents sound like thugs. Yes, ME TO, funny how a,ATM transaction allowed for an odd numeric amount to BE withdrawn ($963.00) I have had mine frozen for over a month. Yes this happened to me. I noticed this in Dec of 20 and only went back to Oct and just brushing threw fairly quickly I noticed a good dozen transaction balances that made no sense. Please add my name to your lawsuit. The San Francisco based realtor says Bank of America never helped her, after making multiple calls to report fraudulent charges that emptied her account last November. BOA IS JUST AS BAD AS THE THIEVES TAKING THE MONEY. They issued me a new card also but I could not activate because my account was on hold and because of this fraud my edd account got frozen and I could not receive any payments. Few days later I received a letter, telling that investigation has started. Ill join a class action suit against greedy Bank of America any day of the week, just tell me where to sign, I was hacked and found 3 atm withdrawals that I did not make. These Bank of America cards are supposed to be protected by the Zero Liability policy, I guess thats just a lie they are allowed to get away with. My husband is actually currently dealing with this right now we went to do our taxes in February2022 and found out that his EDD money was stolen after he went back to Work in March 2021 and someone reopened his claim in May 2021 changed all his settings so he didnt get any notifications so person collected all the way till September 2021 total of $7100 .He currently has been denied by Bank of America EDD 7 time .Just received information from them regarding some of the transactions and only by teller not the ATMs no time stamps Bare minimum information so yesterday he called and complained and reopen the case again and ask for all of the ATM and teller transactions with timestamps and pictures. It was like Jeckl and Hyde. I have an issue with boa as well. I dont know whether to send in my EDD claim for benefits because now I have no active account. Kristine Lazar was. I did not realize the problem was this extensive. This some how enabled them to make After UIA did a 3 month investigation they found that BOA never released my funds back to them. Ive researched tonight. Not only was my account stolen, Bank of America kicked me when I needed help. Thank you so much. "Bank of America should have known this was coming, they did not provide basic security measures. And that's how they made me feel," said Yick. All of the transactions were done through Facebook. Im still trying to recover the $400 taken from my edd bofa account. Then when I reported it to B of A, they shut down my card and said they would issue a new card in two days(there is no actual Bank of America bank in my whole county!). BOA doesnt care about UE customers. I called them back and let them know that I was going to contact a lawyer because this process that they have is a joke. I opened a claim the following day first thing when they opened and reported all the unathorized charges. They said 10 business days for the credit while they investigated. Funny that I dont have funds and I cant log in to my online account. Makes no sense . It says it is working to re-open claims for those who are eligible and have money in their accounts. App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window, A look at the best video roundup of snow falling across California, Has CA hit the all-time state snow record? I called unemployment and was told it will take another 6-8 weeks for them to cut me a check and this was since December 22, 2020 leaving me without funds putting me in depression and putting me in distress not knowing how Im going fiction. I reported it but the person that took my report and started my claim with Bank of America made a comment that it was pretty odd that I was missing money but still had my card and the ATM the card was used at was in the same city I lived in. Now they are saying for the 3rd time to once again versify my identity. 11 days ago I had $503. Bank of America tells me to get in touch with my sponsor which is SC unemployment, they see nothing wrong. They filed my claim again. The group represented may be larger than the group filing the lawsuit. And it had so i got dressed and went to the bank .Only to find out someone had already with drawed it. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Please reach out. Bank of America was notified that my sons debit card had large purchases via the Internet without his consent. They said theyd open the case only to wait another 45 days. The teller then takes my card in my ID to someone in the back who calls other divisions to find out whats going on. eventually returning the entire balance back to Californias unemployment department. #4 The same thing happen to me on the this week on the 5th , $700 was taken out from a bank of America atm in Corona ca and I live in rialto ca I tried so bad, it was all h money I had for my kids and myself, Im waiting to see what happens now,I hope someone helps, I have a claim for 22 thousand that I reported in January account was frozen then had the be verified by Edd which I have been and have started receiving paper checks from Edd and the BofA claim was finally re opened and I faxed in a police report and the thief had used an BofA atm to withdrawal money so I faxed this info in along with my Id showing that it was clearly not me at the atm. About Mary Alexander . I was denied money from the atm my card was froze on Christmas Eve and not a dime had been on my card since. The suit relates to debit card overdraft fees, which Bank of America charged customers for overdrafts over the past decade. Instead of completing their investigation they closed the claim in which I had to have it reopened November19,2020 I reopened my claim I would call everydAy letting them know how important it was for them to hurry up with their investigation I had rent to pay along with other bills.. all they kept t telling me was that I needed to be patient and wait.now its February my claim was completed and I still havent received my credit back in my account . My other bank even told me they accepted the funds and BofA still wont give me back my money. Oh yeah and plus my mobile app online I typed in the correct password never changed it had it the same password and for some reason they locked it up so I couldnt access none of my phones I couldnt see anything. According to the case, all EDD cards issued prior to 2021 contained obsolete magnetic-stripe technology instead of EMV (Europay, Mastercard, and Visa) chips, which generate unique transaction data each time the card is used to make a purchase. Im about to lose everything. Because they are allowing it, and not doing nothing about it. Iv had numerous problems with my account that goes back almost a year now of showing skimming. Please provide any additional information about your inquiry. "It's very frustrating because a lot of people could get into people's accounts," says Koning. SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 3, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Mary Alexander & Associates filed a class action lawsuit in federal court in San Francisco on behalf of thousands of Californians against Bank. Edd now sends paapwr checks but I cannot get anywhere with BOA. Then on the 6th, the very next day, they closed the claim, for no apparent reason. / CBS San Francisco. Class Action Lawsuit Against Bank of America EDD; Bank of America - M & B Law Firm - Debt Collection; I deserve unemployment and sadly my what little it is, I need it and if your gonna be the middle man(BOA), Id suggest get it together and be accountable for your actions. "We believe that the damages in this case are in the tens or hundreds of millions of dollars because there are so many victims," said Danitz. Another proposed class action has been filed against Bank of America over its alleged failure to protect the security of debit cards issued to California unemployment benefits recipients. Dont worry further write C R Y P T O R E V E R S A L (at)g m I L []c 0 m for the perfect assistance. The panel roundly rejected the bank's suggestion as "unwieldy," pointing out that the claims "overlap extensively but with substantive differences." Edd wanted me to identify myself. I dont know what to do or who to turn to or even when my money will be released. Bank of America froze my account because i reported someone took out $2000, i dont know how they did it because i always had my card with me but i have a gut feeling that this information was stolen at a gas station when i tried to pump gas. How is that.? I called BofA immediately to report it. Weve had Representatives having private conversations in the background. If you have a bank account with BofA or anyone else SET UP DIRECT DEPOSIT so your benefit goes from EDD straight to your account eliminating that risk of ATM theft. A Bank of America spokesperson said in a statement to Law360 that " [a]s California's unemployment program faces billions of dollars in fraud, Bank of America is working every day with the state to prevent criminals from getting money and ensuring legitimate recipients receive their benefits." I did everything they said but I still have no access . Christoper Mosson is the plaintiff in the latest class action lawsuit filed against Bank of America. It's certainly progress in the case. I want to be protected like the rest of their customers. Might as well be talking to a rock. How????? Zelle has yet to comment on the problem, according to the case. Thats the dept in the bank that will not provide any update on when I can ever get that money back. Supervisor picks up the phone and hangs up on me after I had been screamed at for 2 hours. My claim has been denied several times even though the ATM charges were from the UK! Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF. And have them open my claim back up and then they send me another letter based on the information they have they close my claim or denied it again. ( Today I called again and finally spoke to a supervisor only to have her listen to my complain for about a minute only to find out that she put herself on mute. On Dec 17, 2020. I go on the Edd site, and fix it because it must have been a random glitch when doing my new claim. It means that the court is serious about making sure that bank of America investigates people's claims," said Mermin. May 14 (Reuters) - Bank of America Corp BAC.N agreed to pay $75 million to settle a lawsuit accusing the second-largest U.S. bank of extracting overdraft fees it didn't earn . After I had been assured by Bank of America my credit was permanent, they took it upon themselves to deduct their credit back from my account, with no warning or explanation. This whole situation us ruining my life. Thanks. They took her money she had in her account , stopped her life insurance and will not speak to her about it. They say they are holding it during the claim period and will deduct the claim dont clear. And before that I tried to transfer $5000 from my Bank of America account to my PayPal account and they locked my account and I had to go into the bank to get verified for them to unlock my account and they did but I never got my $5000 back! The agents literally have been rude and downright mean. I have been declined at Walmart two separate occasions. After several calls they finally reopened my claim. If the judge says yes, it could open the case to people all over the country, including here in the Carolinas. When I call I get attitude and talked to them like Im irritating them wasting their time, and they will get to me when they are ready. Right now thousands of claims are not being processed by Bank of America," said Danitz. Bank of Americas handling of unemployment benefits is being challenged by a growing list of plaintiffs in at least two class action lawsuits. For months I havent had access to my funds . SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) -- A class action suit has been filed against Bank of America for its role in the widespread fraud involving California Employment Development Department (EDD). Unemployment has done a fine job in helping me lose all I got and to not even be able to count on one of the most well known banks in our country. Get class action lawsuit news sent to your inbox sign up for ClassAction.orgs newsletterhere. Shame on them!! In January, Yick found an attorney to file the first class-action lawsuit related to security issues, freezing of accounts, and denials of provisional credit. "You guys took $16,000 from my account. I think at least $600 of mine is missing. On May 19, U.S. District Court Judge Vincent Chhabria hit Bank of America with an injunction in the class action lawsuit. The same thing happened to me on April 26th! Shear incompetence!!! I made customer service aware of this and their reply was that it was 10 days from the initial claim. "The EDD is working diligently through these claims to automatically make those weeks available and will notify your constituents when they have weeks to certify for ongoing benefits.". All Rights Reserved. Last Updated on January 30, 2023 9:42 AM. I made a report and it will take up to 45 days to return the funds. I called Bank of America about unauthorized withdrawals from my account. Their email address is %%instantrecovery12 AT gmaIL DOt coM%%. The EXACT same thing happened to me; Cannot take this anymore. Now our identities are out in cyberspace, our credit is ruined, we have no money to pay bills, and we cant even get a loan for a penny! Even recorded the conversations I had with customer service. SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) -- A class action suit has been filed against Bank of America for its role in the widespread fraud involving California Employment Development Department (EDD) debit cards provided by the bank to people receiving unemployment benefits. Went through claims, said take 45 days! I am beyond frustrated, I am responsible for taxes on these funds, I cant find anyone who cares or can help. I have been asking to speak to a supervisor and have always gotten the run around from being forwarded to a busy line to long waits and asking if they could return my call in 1 business day. This is not right and once again Im on the street. Hi I received my first edd deposit 8000 in August 2020 sent for a replacement card because of a transactions of $3000 and something dollors off my card so I change my debt pin filed a claim it was denied before I even got of the phone I called back to let them know its other charges they let me know that my claim was denied already I told the bank of America representative I just put the claim literally minutes ago bA representative wasnt aware of that . What am I to do? I never received my initial card from Bank of America and I finally called and they said that a card had never been issued to me and they would sent me out a new one. I want to be able to access my future benefits. Since my account was now in the negative I did not have access to my UIB money until my account was in the positive. I have called them hundreds of times and have spent hours on the phone even put them on a phone conference with edd to price Im all cleared and still nothing. One lady told me that I am at risk of account closure. Thank you I live here in Nevada Las Vegas and I had the same thing done to me on Tuesday April 27th somebody drained all my unemployment benefits out of my account for $463 and now I filed an FBI report or the ic3 report police report and that was my rent help me. But I call Monday April 5th told I would have provisional credits by today the 7th and now they said my claim was closed April 2nd. by the time I got to the bank they had given away $5,000 from my account. I was fraded $1,003 dollars from my EDD account at Bank of America as well as 3.5 miilion other people. And when I went to the gas station to pump gas I noticed I couldnt pump more than $25 I didnt check my account before I pumped gas because I assumed my money was in there. I am currently going through this they reopened my card yesterday as of 2/1/2021 5:00 pm PST and im waiting for my funds which pays for me a hotel room biweekly so now im currently sleep by the train tracks until the return my payment. 7OYS's consumer hotline is a free consumer mediation service for those in the San Francisco Bay Area. Erin works primarily on ClassAction.orgs newswire, reporting on cases as they happen. And the people that I do get to talk to tell me they are sorry. We are in real trouble if this is what college is turning out these days. Called BofA to report fraud and start a fraud case. My account was hacked and someone transferred $3500 out of my account. B of a says i have to call my sponsor and they have to fix it. I frozen out of my unemployment benefits. SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- 7 On Your Side has been helping scores of. I am losing everythingthing I own so fast its terrifying. `840 Malcolm Road, Suite 200 `Burlingame, CA 94010 `Telephone: (650) 697-6000 `Fax: (650) 697-0577 ` `Attorneys for Plaintiff and `the Proposed Class ` ` `UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT ` `FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA ` ` `JENNIFER YICK, on behalf of herself `and all others similarly situated, ` ` `Plaintiff, ` ` `v. ` Why waste our time opening claims if they just are gonna close them. I then checked the mobile app and all of my unemployment money was there but it showed the first attempt to purchase something was declined. 420.00 was taken from my account in January almost 5 months something needs to be done b of a is steeling money from how many people. I was left with no money to live on and no one could give me a glimmer if hope in getting the money back. They closed the initial claim the day that they froze my account so I suppose they closed it the same day that they opened it when I reported the fraud. I tried to make three transactions and they were declined. BOA owes me over $2000 due to fraud on my unemployment account. Got scammed for 980 $ reported to b of a . Why they didnt steal the money or close my account without notifying me. I then went to the bank to find out what is going on and the teller said that my account is partially frozen. They have transferred me to numerous people, made me hold for hours, hung up on me on purpose and just disconnected me causing me to call and spend hours again being transferred to numerous people that cannot help me, will not help me, unauthorized to help me, and any excuse they can possibly muster not to return my money on what I gave proven over and over again was fraud. It make me wanna go on a rampage, kick and punch the wall. Terms and Conditions. They were so friendly and nice very apologetic and they told her to be expecting some new checks and they will overnight them so she will have them within 2 days. Since the calendar line was super busy and I had already been there for about 45 minutes I asked the lady if I can just withdraw cash from her and she says that she cant give me cash because she has no cash for me to go outside to withdraw the money from the ATM. Add me. In every city in every state lowlife criminals operate . I am a woman in construction. "All my money's gone. Im sorry to bother you, but did you ever get the Bank of America card un frozen? I dont even know if the $1,200 I had left in there is going to be there when I get there now because they locked me out of my own account I still had access before I called them tonight. Bank of America restored the funds, only to drain the money back out - leaving many with no money to live on. Although the defendants advertise that Zelle, the countrys most widely used peer-to-peer money transfer service, allows for money sent to a consumers bank account to be available typically within minutes, the service has nevertheless been the subject of widespread consumer complaints from Bank of America customers who have claimed funds transfers were unexpectedly reversed in late January 2023, the complaint states. So now that my claim was granted their telling me that the extra 4,000 they kept if of mine I wont be getting that back. I called them back and they said that they need to reopen the investigation and could take up to 45 days to resolve. I nearly lost my home! Then they reopened and I sent in police report and a picture ID. Because magnetic-stripe cards use the same transaction data each time a card is used, the cards are extremely easy for thieves to duplicate, the suit explains. the first time On oct 25th 2021 I called them three times because I had an email alert that somebody changed the information on my account and it wasnt me. RELATED: EDD demands 1.4 million jobless prove their identity or lose benefits; ID verification isn't easy. This is my honest experience. A few days after I filed the fraud claim BofA canceled my claim. The suit, Yick v. Bank of America, says Bank of America never secured the cards with chip technology, and failed to prevent data breaches to secure millions in unemployment benefits. I have the original card dont they have cameras at atms . Please add to lawsuit. Lawernce claims that the bank made it nearly impossible for those in need of benefits to receive their much-needed aid.. The group is generally made up of a people harmed in similar way by the same source. You didnt give me a debit card with a chip on for security purposes. I havent been paid in months. This is horrible!!! In this class action, filed in California federal court in April, San Diego resident Deaniesha Lawrence claims she and others were left with pennies in their accounts after fraudsters made off their unemployment benefits. I want to sue BOA for negligence, fraud, identity theft, breach of contract and punitive damages. Checked online i had money so i tried again it froze my card due to some fraudulent claims or something. Cancelled card and sent me a new one however I just received a letter dated the day after i called to report fraud closing claim and blocking access to my funds remaining in my account. Please add me. again and again. The police told me that this isnt the first time a credit card skimmer has been located at this particular branch! The day before I spent 4 hours on hold for a EDD specialist to release my payment, as I do every 2 weeks as they keep having countless errors on my account no agent knows how to fix and so since the extension this year I have to call in every 2 weeks and hold for 3-4 hours to get my funds paid out. One day later my claim was closed and the funds have never been reimbursed. I called Bank of America fraud hotline to file a claim immediately that same day. Since last fall, hundreds of others have been reaching out to KPIX 5, desperately asking for help, saying their claims were denied without an investigation, sometimes a day after calling the bank. We will sign up for sure. I called again and was told by an agent that they did not flag my account for urgency or some lame excuse and would do so. When I called the bank about the letter they gave me this catch-22 situation in that my account was frozen therefore they couldnt do any investigation .