; Entertainment Awards; A Pack Of Lies). On Nov. 9, it became a place of joy, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), on "Todays Final Jeopardy Monday, December 5, 2022", Jeopardy! 16. What was tonight's "Final Jeopardy!" clue? Ben 21 correct 3 incorrect Jason 15 correct 3 incorrect Allie 5 correct 0 incorrect 20. The well-known action film stars Bruce Willis as John McClane after a group of terrorists seized Nakatomi Plaza in Los Angeles during a Christmas party. 9. 5/7 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $4,600) 7. Larissa Kelly $222,597, All Time Jeopardy! Check out my new Betting Strategy 101 page. 4. 18. contestants: is all set to return with a new episode on Thursday, June 2, 2022, and fans of the show are already waiting for the final question's answer. David Madden $430,400 Round: None! Julia Collins $428,100 To recap, here's how Jeopardy! Facebook. Answer: Helen of Troy Helen of Troy's brothers, Castor and Pollux, saved her after Theseus stole her away as a kid; a larger force would seek her later in life. Fan? The category for May 30, 2022, is "In Memoriam. Ken Jennings $4,370,700 Mattea Roach $570,983 When wearing a mask, please ensure that your mask covers both your nose and your mouth. Larissa Kelly $660,930 2. tonight, December 6? Sean $16,600 + $10,000 = $26,600 (What is Die Hard?) Ben Ingram $443,201 The clue: "A radical Republican. But I wonder if the game plan here is to run Andrew close enough on the signaling device, and take advantage of breaks against Andrew on the Daily Doubles and in Final to prevail over him. 40.35% in first on buzzer (23/57) They presumably were referring to Charles Vernon Gridley, a US Navy officer during the Civil War and the SpanishAmerican War. I found the use of the word edifice confusing. As a fan of both the Capitals and Alex Ovechkin, I really like Andys analogy of leaving Ovie wide open in the high slot.. Amy Bekkerman: $16,100 2. Heres the Monday, December 5, 2022 Jeopardy! Fan listen now! Ray is currently working on The Handmaids Tale. We have many new offerings at The Jeopardy! Yeah, the date made it easy to connect to the landmark. Mattea Roach $570,983 11. 3/4 in Final Jeopardy : 20th Century Cinema | JEOPARDY! 14/21 in Final Jeopardy Fan is created by fans, for fans. 1. Brad Rutter $4,953,436 Total Left On Board: $0 "Jeopardy!" fans are confused and more than a little miffed after a controversial Final Jeopardy! While Victorian-era historians attempted to gloss this over by deliberately misrecording the phrase, it is generally accepted that Kiss me, Hardy, referring to the captain, was among Admiral Nelsons dying words. Keep up the good work! Alex Jacob $424,802 The writing staff has put out another banger of a Final Jeopardy! Jason 4 correct 2 incorrect, Ray 14 correct 3 incorrect 1. 19. Larissa Kelly $660,930 38.60% in first on buzzer (22/57) This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or operated by Jeopardy Productions, Inc. Name shared by a Victorian novelist & an 1805 flagship captain whose name is heard in a famous phrase, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), on "Todays Final Jeopardy Tuesday, November 15, 2022", Jeopardy! I knew nothing about the origin of the song I just guessed what would make the children at a holiday parade excited . Mattea Roach $560,983 . I realize that Amy specifically has said in interviews, Dont play the way Matt wants to play, and I fear that this is going to be her downfall. This games Final Jeopardy was something that we might have expected Sam to know, but Amy was the closest to having the correct response. Total number of unplayed clues this season: 12 (0 today). Actually, the opening line is You better watch out. Average Coryat: $11,800, 25 correct, 1 incorrect I pretty much hear here comes Santa claus during Christmas parades and mostly on radio stations. ; A Short Category; History In Art; Another Name For That Condition; Asian Americans; The Name As A Past Tense Verb). Along the same lines, though incorrect, I thought of Santa Claus is Coming to Town.. Ken Jennings $2,520,700 Here's today's Final Jeopardy (in the category States & The Census) for Friday, November 25, 2022 (Season 39, Game 55): The 2020 Census gave Montana a second U.S. House seat; its most populous county, this one that attracts tourists, grew 11% (correct response beneath the contestants) Today's Jeopardy! He told the Hollywood Reporter: Die Hard is not a Christmas movie! David Madden $773,733 Also, a clue about a historical event such as this one has got me thinking: Jeopardy!even just the current syndicated versionbegan airing before a number of massively significant news eventsnow historical eventstook place. 1/1 on Daily Doubles (Net Earned: $2,000) 19. I had no idea, but I guessed Hardy and was right. 11. (1 win) Amy $15,800 + $1,800 = $17,600 (What is Newcastle?) Allie 5 correct 0 incorrect, (Categories: HereS The Play Of The Day! ), I didnt remember which one specifically (and I still cant recall the line from the movie), but I figured it had to be one of Die Hard or Die Hard 2, so I just went with the first one. 18. Deep cut, indeed. The movie poster literally uses the word terrorists. This takes into account the fact that DDs are actually more likely to appear in rows 4 and 3 than in row 5, and also you can assign 0 points for selecting a clue in a column where a DD has also appeared. Jason 5 correct 3 incorrect, (Categories: Mythology; South America The Beautiful; Planet Features; Recast For Tv; Words With Greek Letters; Oo, Sorry). (Actual bet: $0). Avg. Its a goddamn Bruce Willis movie!, This one was an easy get for me. After the brilliant drama in the Tournament of Champions, the game show is finally back to its normal form.. All could have had $15,000+ going into FJ, and that would have been awesome. Tuesday, 28 February 2023. Buzzy Cohen $439,603 The Ken/James analogy is apt, but to use his quote as a rule it should be interpreted as adopt the strategy of whoever your opponent is if it has been working commandingly well for them. I dont read much victorian novels but I figured it had something to do with the navy. Ray 11400 +4000 (Sean 12200 Allie 3000) When wearing a mask, please ensure that your mask covers both your nose and your mouth. Colby Burnett $408,333 Average Coryat: $21,100, 15 correct, 1 incorrect Sam $9,400 Coryat, 15 correct, 3 incorrect, 29.82% in first on buzzer (17/57), 0/1 on rebound attempts (on 4 rebound opportunities) Fan Online Store! Continue to think there may be something to the idea that the DDs are getting harder. contestants: Ray Lalonde, a scenic artist from Toronto, Ontario, Canada Though if you google Judith and Holofernes, youll see she is well represented in the art world. Seems clear they were asking for the name of the disease. Average Coryat: $19,067, To win: Sam Kavanaugh $406,202 Matt Amodio $1,518,601 6. Thanks for the stat on average row choice before Daily Double selection. Ray 14800 +4500 (Kim 14400 Jason 10400) 19. streak: 6.127 games. Round: 12. 5. (Actual bet: $21,201), Sam: If Andrew covers Amy and is incorrect, he falls to $1,999. Ben Ingram $443,201 Are you sure you know the difference between a To-Do List and a Bucket List (which is things you want to do before you kick the bucket)? Amy Schneider $1,632,800 8. Ive been wondering about that, because Ken will often say something at the start of a game about the previous days play by the champion, sometimes revealing something about their strategy, which could inadvertently give challengers an edge. 13. 11. I dont understand Sams wagering when hes found a Daily Double, or, in Final Jeopardy. Seth Wilson $265,002 and Double Jeopardy! Yeah, both of them made bets that could have screwed them over. My favorite Chanukah hero is Judith. Things started off very well for our Canadian champ, with him picking up 8 correct before the break! 1. But even so, I got it in five seconds, because I saw 1989 and 20th anniversary celebration and knew it could only be the Berlin Wall. Its only easy if you know the answer. 5: 57.414% news and more. Wednesday, 1 March 2023. I see all this debate about the category of the movie, when Dave you are the first I see here with the real story!! If its too low, a player is much less likely to find a Daily Double, as theyre probably selecting too many first- or second-row clues. Julia Collins $494,767 He should be favored significantly going forward and I would be shocked if this goes more than five games. Julia Collins $428,100 17. Alex Jacob $424,802 For each round, the tracking stops when all Daily Doubles in that round are found, and then an average of each players selections is taken for the game. 3. 8: 24.977% Certainly seems like theres more word puzzle/origin clues than earlier in the season. Andrew 10000 +10000 (Amy 10200 Sam 3400) Steph 3 2 3 5 16. Warning: This page contains spoilers for the December 5, 2022, game of, In 2009, during a 20th anniversary celebration, it was called an edifice of fear. Jerome Vered $499,102 In fact its a story from the Old Testament. Ben got half a million likes on Twitter for a Twilight sign at the Chicago marathon. After checking for mail, I decided to go to the TV in the lobby to check on the evening nightly news programs, and was shocked to see images of people climbing on the Wall. An edifice normally refers to a building. equivalent of leaving Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals wide open in the high slot. On a sitewide front: Over the next few weeks, Im going to be expanding the Statistics part of the website as Ive been doing a lot of historical research recently. rounds before the Daily Doubles in those rounds had been found. Meanwhile, I note this comment from a couple of years ago on the Twitter: Actually, Die Hard a story about a desperate insurgency against a vastly superior invading force, requiring the near-miraculous marshalling of limited resources is a Hanukkah movie.. Scores going into Final were Caleb at $23,618, Hannah at $9,000, and Maggie at -$1,600. 19. 5: 57.414% Cris dominated the proceedings early on and doubled up to $9,600 on the Daily Double on clue #12. Proceeds from the sale of the Doctor Ozs Fast-Acting Snake Oil Elixir T-shirt are being donated to The Trevor Project: You can now listen to Alex Trebek-hosted Jeopardy! Amy Schneider $1,632,800 Final Jeopardy! That said, Andrew hasnt been able to convert the FJ clues, which is his one weakness (yes Im including the Alexander Hamilton one where he also lost to Amy). Combined Coryat Score: $47,600 Become a Supporter now! Thats why I knew it couldnt be Tiananmen.