If any of these sensors has an issue that triggers a fault code, a regen will not fix the problem without first isolating and repairing the malfunctioning sensor. forced regen cascadia forced regen cascadia forced regen cascadia https://crabbsattorneys.com/wp-content/themes/nichely3/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Crabbs . We have lots more on the site to show you. [CDATA[ In a safe area, make 10 sharp brake applications or "snubs," slowing the vehicle from 40 to 20 mph (64 to 32 km/h) using light (approximately 10 to 20 psi [69 to 138 kPa]) brake pressure. This alone will save you hundreds of dollars each time instead of taking it to a mechanic (as well as saving the time of taking it to a mechanic). How to do active regeneration? var y=document.getElementsByClassName("userinput"); Buy a laptop and check Ebay or other sources for Detroit Diesel Diagnostic software and then carry that in the truck with you. NOTE: A parked regeneration will STOP and the engine will return to low idle if any of the following happens: Did everything step by step and still wont do a park regen. 4 Years I often get asked how being a female truck driver feels when I'm on the road. OTR Diagnostics allows you to perform a forced DPF regen with your mobile device. pull apart the rest of the EGR system and clean it out / replace the sensors while your at it. Passive regen is when driving the truck will perform a regen. The Freightliner Cascadia is a midsize truck with a diesel particulate filter and forced regen. If you slow down and the turbo is surging, it's trying to keep heat in the aftertreatment system Incase you're going to resume highway speed again. Youll also hear us use the word regening often. link to What Does It Take To Be A Successful Truck Driver Look Like. This light is telling you that parked regeneration is required and should be performed as soon as possible. However, sometimes a bit more is needed which is where passive and active regeneration comes in. Look at the image below and see how countries such as China who have less strict pollution laws appear. It works on all Freightliner Trucks listed in the drop down box below. This means you or a mechanical technician needs to remove the DPF filter for manual cleaning. Now a flashing light is more serious as it indicates that your DPF must be regenerated urgently. You dont need to do anything special. Additional resource: Detroit Diesel Support, Tags: Doing a visual sweep of the gauges and lights on a pre-trip can avoid an unwanted tow bill or worse yet . All you have to do is plug the DTC + AFT Reset Tool into the diagnostic connection and clear the fault code once. We created this site to be a helpful resource for others who are interested on any scale in the transportation industry! These heavy-duty scanners will tell the health of your DPF, oil and more. You should seek legal advice or other professional advice in relation to any particular matters you or your organization may have. Regenerations are necessary to prevent particulate matter from quickly accumulating and rendering the DPF ineffective. Its doing this without the driver knowing. Select which engine for more specific details. Just bought a 2010 Cascadia and all the damn lights were on, stop engin, check engin, nest lamp flashing, so after reading how to do a parked regen I could get it to cycle thru the prosess but wouldnt clear the codes all the different shops that I talked said it needs to be towed in an reset with there laptop but finally figured out what I was doing wrong, I followed all these steps but I wasnt bringing the engine temp up to operating temp and when I did and the regen started the fan would kick on and cool the engine and my regen would fail so I finally ended putting a tarp over the grill to block air flow to keep the temp up during regen and Ill be damn it worked, all codes cleared and shes running like a stripped ass ape, well to 63 mph. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. What Does Service AdvanceTrac Mean and Fixes. New drivers' never-ending dilemma when attempting to choose which trucking firm to sign up with is one of the most frequent issues we encounter on our forum. Detroit Diesel has stated that the truck can be driven to the end of the shift and is not a warning indicator that requires immediate attention. We equip you with the power to perform advanced diagnostics easier and faster than ever before while over the road. I Need CDL Training Press ENTER. WHEN REGENERATION IS . Choose your Freightliner year and model from the drop down list just below. Active regen is done by maintaining a high speed for 40-45 minutes. We can follow up as needed on here. Thank you very much !!! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Service and Maintain Your Freightliner Truck On The Road. This warning light is merely to caution the operator to be careful around the hot exhaust system and to keep flammable materials or vapors at a safe distance. reply reply. Will not perform forced regen, Freightliner Cascadia DD13, Will not perform forced regen Freightliner Cascadia DD13 Answered in 11 hours by: Technician: Daniel Wilson Medium and Heavy Trucks Satisfied Customers: 15,398 Experience: Owner at DJ Wilson Verified Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. Dade Group LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Why is My Tire Pressure Light Blinking, and What Should I Do? Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. There are consequences for running unnecessary regens, all of which affect the cost of ownership and impact a fleets bottom line. All Rights Reserved.Privacy Policy| PO Terms & Conditions| Third Party Licensing | Warranties | Transparency in Coverage. A DPF Filter that is too full or not properly functioning threatens both the environment and the truck. Passive regeneration happens frequently in long-haul trucking because it requires continuous driving where the DPF can hit a temperature above 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit to create the heat levels that turn soot into ash. Regardless if the forced regen occurs in the bay or on the side of the road, drivers lose precious time awaiting its completion. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. A parked regen can only be initiated by the dash switch only when a warning on the dash asks for a regen or via diagnostic tool. The DD15 A6804910594 is a DPF for the 2007 2008 2009 Detroit Diesel DD15. Trucks will often regen on their own if they are run at a regular speed for long enough. One such issue that frequently pops up is the need to regen or clean out the diesel particulate filter. The extra heat that the engine is producing could cause a fire. Parked regeneration is explained below. A big THANK YOU For those who have recently Contributed towards keeping the lights on around here. Trucks will often regen on their own if they are run at a regular speed for long enough. Truck will do a parked regen and forced - Answered by a verified Technician. Technician as a Service, Noregon. The DPF soot load could be too high for a passive and active regen to occur causing the condition where it is required to perform a forced DPF regen. Tell-tale symptoms of a successful (or unsuccessful) forced DPF regeneration. Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device. You have a customer for life !!! In some cases, you may just want to change your DPF. Active (parked/forces regen) is when the truck is commanded by either driver on dash or tech via laptop. Read the entire description and do not assume a mention of the word Filter, DPF, SCR,or Aftertreatment means a forced regen is the solution. 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })(); Active regeneration also occurs and happens best during highway driving speeds. There is passive and active regen. Just imagine how . Do you want to wear face masks to breathe freely because air pollution levels are too high? The forced Regen is the laptop/scanner/programmer telling the truck to do a Regen regardless of the button or if the truck wants to. Followed along with Rawze's forced regen video and wanted to get some input on my results. Fault codes can mislead not only the owner and driver but also the technician into thinking there is a severe problem with the truck when there is not.This will give you the relief you need knowing that you can make it to your destination safely while decreasing downtime. The engine can derate when a needed regen does not occur, potentially causing downtime by leaving the vehicle in a state that is either undriveable or in limp mode where it can only operate at slow speeds. Click here to learn more about Dane. A forced regen tends to burn 1-1.5 gallons of fuel, causing fleets to burn away a valuable resource when the regen is not the solution. No need to visit the dealer or shop either! From my understanding a parked Regen is when the truck asked for a Regen to be performed while a forced regen is when you tell the truck through either the trucks menus or through a scan tool. These are the same thing right? As we already know, a Cascadia will tend to do its regeneration if it is driven at a steady regular speed. Mine was having problems doing a regen, wouldn't complete. { Press ENTER. The cost for a forced regeneration varies. We always recommend using a service tool that fits your business operations. Besides the fact that one is done in cab and the other requires a scan tool? These two technologies improve efficiency and minimize emissions, which are important in an increasingly green environment. Stay safe, stay healthy & be blessed. x[i].style.display="inline"; What he described is a method to force a regen. Yes, some trucks do require you to perform a forced regeneration before it will clear certain fault codes. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'bigrigpros_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',105,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-bigrigpros_com-medrectangle-4-0'); This is a pretty simple process, taking the following steps: Now, lets take a look at how to perform a passive regen on your Frieghtliner. Enerburn from JKG Fuel Solutions is a unique diesel additive that will improve DPF Regen performance or your money back. OE Software In addition to bringing attention to gender problems, the #MeToo movement and sexual harassment claims persistently What Does It Take To Be A Successful Truck Driver Look Like? 05-13-2016, (Subject: Forced Regen Results ) Post: #2. Often you will need to replace the DPF filter entirely along with the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC). STEP 1: Which Type of Regeneration Should You Perform? Remember, exhaust temperature increases during regeneration, so it is essential that this procedure is performed outside and away from flammable or combustible materials. At an average of $23 per hour, employers spent an avoidable $38,433 in technician pay for these events. In these cases, an active regeneration occurs. User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250 . Now those trucks are reliable and get better fuel mileage. Terms | use it because I can budget for bad fuel economy but I can't budget for a tow bill and a visit to the dealer for a forced regen. If you drive a Freightliner Cascadia, it is important to not only drive safely but also have knowledge of common mechanical issues that may happen and how to fix them. My 2011 cascadia dd15 requires exhaust brake to be off as well as the cruise control to be off. NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website. The diagnostic scanner for your Freightliner enables you to perform forced DPF regeneration and diagnostics, read and erase the fault codes, graph live data, EVAP test, O2 sensor test, oil light reset, ABS testing and much more. Cookie Notice Moreover, you can replace engine related sensors over the road and just plug in the OTR Reset Tool to clear and reset the system. JPRO, NextStep, and TripVision are registered trademarks of Noregon. Dane also enjoys attending the Mid-America Trucking Show and Great American Trucking Show in Louisville, KY and his home town Dallas, TX. Parked DPF regeneration must be performed immediately. // ]]>//