With roots in the 70s, this could be one of the vintage slang words that need to be brought back. There's a word for just about anything. Hopefully the related words and synonyms for "term" are a little tamer than average. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. First, it sounds like a bodily function, which appeals to many of us on some addled Beavis and Butthead, high-school level. Cupiosexual: A. New around here! Calling someone a potato means theyre too dumb to be sentient while also being incredibly boring. 16. You might hear your grandparents use this funny word that refers to being confused or perplexed. It was founded in 1999 by computer science student Aaron Peckham to make fun of the comparatively staid Dictionary.com. Either way, the word hit a steep uphill slope in usage around 2015, and is now, according to Merriam-Webster, used for "a close friend especially as a form of address.". Thousands of Italian Urban Funny Slang die-cut vinyl magnets in vibrant colors, designed and sold by independent artists. This is simply due to the way the search algorithm works. For free!. Way too long and too unkeyboardinated to get popular :P. There needs to be a word for the opposite of this, i.e. Add this to the long, long list of ways to say someone is high! Note that due to the nature of the algorithm, some results returned by your query may only be concepts, ideas or words that . In a time where negativity and bad news spews like an open firehose from the Internet, it makes sense that people are craving a little space for positivity. Note that due to the nature of the algorithm, some results returned by your query may only be concepts, ideas or words that are related to "term" (perhaps tenuously). Visit Insider's homepage for more stories. The stories you care about, delivered daily. Lowkey and highkey are, like lit, flex, and extra, a more fun, nuanced way for us to express ourselves. Twin Peaks is a classic and so are your boobs, so this funny nickname for a private part is really just a natural fit. As Linette Lopez explained for Business Insider, the word first came to the general public's attention when it was explained in "Paris is Burning," a 1990 documentary about black and Latino drag queens in New York. "Surprised" and even "shocked" just don't have as much umph. This is simply due to the way the search algorithm works. Here are 20 words that are their own opposites. as well as other partner offers and accept our. Urban Dictionary: Funniest Funniest Funniest means, that it was a great time, and or place "That was the Funniest time I've ever had." "Thats the Funniest place I've been ." by Sn1p3rxSh0ts October 16, 2018 Get the Funniest mug. 2. A myriad of factors, including college debt and an unstable job market early in their careers, lead millennials to hit major milestones much more slowly than preceding generations. Only to end up completely alone when the boyfriend/girlfriend dumps them. Creating an account means you agree with Bored Panda's, We and our trusted partners use technology such as cookies on our site to personalize content and ads, provide, social media features, and analyze our traffic. Source: Urban Dictionary 3. It means and this is final, Ive proved my point! Describing the genital situation best. Their site is probably the most complete dictionary of modern words, but it's also chock-full of nonsense. We found one dictionary with English definitions that includes the word crazyfunny: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "crazyfunny" is defined. Sometimes the words in the English dictionary aren't enough to describe people. Start writing! Hipster an individual who attempts (often with too much effort) to avoid being a member of the mainstream; the term may be complimentary or pejorative (depending on context), but in general, hipsters tend to listen to indie or local musicians that no one else has heard of, dress alternatively (often wearing thrift store or vintage clothing as a rejection of consumerism) and have edgy or androgynous hairstyles [Note: in extreme cases, hipsters may regard those who dont align with their values smugly], 44. As douchenozzle spread in internet-speak, people invented other douche-based insults, including douchecanoe and doucheface. You know that's a baller; he keeps three or four females at all times. The official Urban Dictionary API is used to show the hover-definitions. But the Norwegians are an ambitious people so who knows. To learn more, see the privacy policy. 8 Hinglish Quotes By The Filmy Owl Perfect For EVERY Desi Girl. Check your inbox, and click on the link to activate your account. Something that someone says or writes; a remark or piece of information A single distinct meaningful element of speech or writing, used with others (or sometimes alone) to form a sentence and typically shown with a space on either side when written or printed the words that are spoken; "I listened to his words very closely" Not that it ever happened to me! Grrrl a young woman who is independent and strong or aggressive, especially in her attitude toward men, sexuality or the like, 41. The oldest Urban Dictionary entry for the word is actually from 2003, but it didn't begin appearing on "new slang" lists until around 2015. This is a retort used to wake someone else up to the fact that they are responsible for their own drama and not to involve youin the least empathetic way possible. Heh-heh. Hrithik Roshan & Saba Azad To Get Married? What are the funniest definitions on Urban Dictionary? You're welcome, 22 Hilarious Words to Expand Your Sexual Vocabulary. When they make movies about the 2010s, which words will make notable appearances? Find out the slang words you didnt know were in the dictionary. A party itself can be lit, but so can a particular activity or event that happened at the party. Its a mix between saying my bad and facepalm. Do you know the origins of these popular slang words? Your account is not active. Here are some hilarious definitions that we found on Urban Dictionary that had us rolling on the floor with laughter and we are sure theyll crack you up too!! Charlotte Hilton Andersen, BS, MS, has been covering health, fitness, parenting and culture for many major outlets, both in print and online, for 15 years. Potatoes are delicious but make no mistake if someone calls you this, youre anything but tasty. Being fire (again, figuratively) means youre amazing. Can you deliver that free couch to me? Can you throw in the TV in the picture too? It comes from the old adage of beggars cant be choosers and shows you how they very much will still try. Seen that happen more than once. Jonathan Borge Senior Editor As the Senior Editor of OprahMag.com, I'm a jack-of-all-trades, overseeing our entertainment coverage (we cover TV shows like The Politician and Big Brother, movies such as J.Lo's Hustlers and Lena Waithe's Queen and Slim), features, news items, and as her number one fanall of Lady Gaga's whereabouts. You can read more about it and change your preferences, Get the best of Bored Panda in your inbox. Urban Thesaurus finds slang words that are related to your search query. We have sent an email to the address you provided with an activation link. Become a venture capitalist (or just sound like one)? Which will be made fun of, which will sound retro and cool, and which will be completely unnoticeable, because they've become so ingrained in our culture? Urban Dictionary said otherwise. Urban Dictionary is one hell of a thing! Guy 2: Are you fucking joking? Choosey beggar. 1. This Podcast Spills The Tea, Deepikas Baddest & Boldest Eye Makeup Trends At International Red Carpets. Although it has a broad definition, lit is still heard most frequently in the context of parties, outings, or social gatherings, and its original slang definition is still in use. The Bored Panda iOS app is live! And 30 People Deliver Sincere Answers, "He's A Douchebag": 50 People Share What Schoolmates-Turned-Celebrities Were Like Before Fame, The Best And Worst Transformations Seen During School Reunions, As Shared By These 30 Internet Users, Storage Company Charges Client For Something That Never Existed, So She Pretends Like It Does And Now They Have To Find It, 30 Of The Most Spine-Chilling Things Kids Have Ever Said, As Shared In This Viral Twitter Thread, 50 Times People Had A Beautiful Tattoo Idea And It Got Executed Perfectly, Employee Maliciously Complies To Work Only His 8 1/2 Hours, Makes The Company Lose $85k Per Year, 50 Times Signs Were So Funny, People Had To Share Them On This Facebook Page, Dad Overhears A Conversation Between His New Wife And His Son, Cancels The Mothers Day Celebration Hed Planned, AITA? Gaydar similar to sonar in dolphins, the innate ability to detect homosexuality in other people, 39. Urban Thesaurus crawls the web and collects millions of different slang terms, many of which come from UD and turn out to be really terrible and insensitive (this is the nature of urban slang, I suppose). However, some of the most popular funny urban dictionary words include "salty," "ratchet," "bae," and "on fleek." These words often elicit a chuckle because of their creative definitions and usage in everyday speech. Ok": Employee Leaves Work During An Emergency Because Manager Wouldn't Approve His Overtime, Chefs Are Sharing 30 Common Cooking Mistakes We Need To Avoid, I Felt So Shaken Up: Woman Leaves Family Trip After Eavesdropping On Husbands Conversation With Mother-In-Law, Woman Buys Ex-Hoarder's Home With All Of Their Belongings, Spends 4 Years Cleaning When Relatives Start Demanding Heirlooms They Didn't Want, Guy Puts In His "Notice Of Immediate Resignation" After Boss Disregards Their Verbal Agreement, Warns Others To Always Write Things Down, This Online Group Is Dedicated To Things That Are Inexplicably Satisfying, Here Are 50 Of The Best Ones (New Pics), "Lost In History": 50 Pictures That Might Change Your Perspective On The 20th Century (New Pics), Old Photos In Real Life: 35 Pics That Show How Much Time Affects Everything (New Pics). Please also note that due to the nature of the internet (and especially UD), there will often be many terrible and offensive terms in the results. Oof is the catchphrase of a character on the popular game Roblox, used when he makes a mistake. It's probably not the best way to improve your English skills, but it's certainly good for a laugh. 1. Lowkey retains the dictionary definition's meaning of 'of low intensity' and 'not very emotional.' Adulting is a word of millennial invention, and perhaps the best word to encapsulate the generation: According to Time, it is a signal of their delayed development. Their site is probably the most complete dictionary of modern words, but it's also chock-full of nonsense. He's a baller. There is still lots of work to be done to get this slang thesaurus to give consistently good results, but I think it's at the stage where it could be useful to people, which is why I released it. Hot mess a situation, behavior or appearance in a disastrous state; often refers to an individual whos attractive but doesnt have it together, 45. She has appeared in television news segments for CBS, FOX and NBC. Oxford's Advanced Learner's Dictionary defines adulting as "the practice of behaving in the manner of a responsible adult, especially in completing everyday tasks." Cheering on your favorite sports team? The sexual act of eating fruity pebbles, Froot Loops, trix, and boo-berry- or any other "bright, colorful" breakfast cereals, and then vomiting the tacky, colorful mixture onto your partners chest. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Blaze Press is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. 101 Funny Names That Are So Unfortunate Its Just Laughable, 18 Brilliant Ways to Respond to Someone Who Doesnt Text You Back, 26 Times Tumblr Told the Funniest Disney Jokes Ever, 32 Funny Emoji Combinations To Use When Words Wont Quite Cut It, The 33 Most Terrifying Animals in Existence | Creepy Animals Gallery. 6 Super Cute Illustrations That Are Well, EVERY Girls Life! Extra is one of those great new words that fills a void in our lexicon. 2. The word saw its first spike in internet usage in 2013, but truly widespread use began in 2015. Home Funny 22 Hilarious Words to Expand Your Sexual Vocabulary. What if someone is . The word made a comeback in the second half of the 2010s after initially being popularized in 1990s hip-hop, especially in Mobb Deep's 1995 song "Shook Ones (Part II).". SheKnows is a part of Penske Media Corporation. Everyone wins! The humble punctuation mark, the period, has been going through an evolution thanks to texting. These are the 25 funniest definitions on Urban Dictionary.https://twitter.com/list25https://www.facebook.com/list25http://list25.comCheck out the text version too! The word bromance is so cemented in our language that it even has an entry in the Oxford English Dictionary, where it is described as an "intimate and affectionate friendship between men.". Show more New 25 Facts That Will Scar You For The Rest Of Your Life 25 Extremely Bizarre Medical Disorders (UPDATED!) KANYE . Oof-da!) Finesse the ability to smooth-talk, persuade, or maneuver something to your advantage, 33. It's implied by my voice and the context of what I said. What's interesting about the word flex is that, unlike the words "brag" and "show off," it does not have a strictly negative connotation. But if someone tells you that youre straight fire? As people more people begin to identify outside the traditional gender binary, many are finding it important to try to reduce their use of unnecessarily gendered terms. Employee They Disrespected, I Used AI To See What These 30 Popular Cartoon Characters Would Look Like In Real Life, And Here's The Result (New Pics), People Are Roasting Airbnb For Getting Completely Out Of Hand, Here Are 30 Of The Most Savage Tweets, Employee Laughs In Boss' Face For Saying It's "Unethical" To Make Plans After Work, Takes The Case To The Director, "Lost In History": 50 Pictures That Shed A New Light On Our Past, Cat Hats For Every Occasion: This Artist Crochets Funky Hats For Cats, And Here Are Her Best 38 Works, Each Of My Mandalas Is Designed For A Particular Baby, And Here Are My Latest 38 Photographs From The Series: The Kids Of The Sun (38 New Pics), Hey Pandas, Tell Us About Your Worst Birthday Ever, This Artist Specializes In Creating Tiny Animal Portraits, And Here's Some Of His Work (18 Pics), 22 Powerful Works of Art As A Response To The Disastrous Earthquake In Turkey, As A Digital Artist, I Can Create An Alternative Reality Representing The World Of Dreams And This Is How It Looks (28 Pics), Clueless Director Calls For A Meeting Over Mass Resignation After Company Cancels WFH, Employee Explains It In A Way He Would Understand, 50 Frightening Pics That Make Us Want To Stay As Far Away From The Ocean As Possible (New Pics), "An Entitled Mother Insists That I 'Share' My Nintendo Switch With Her Child On My Flight", "You Are So Beaut-OHGOD! Be a hipster? What are the slang words for 2020? Urban Dictionary, as you may know, is a crowdsourced website where anyone can suggest a new wordor a new definition of a wordyears before establishment lexicographers catch on. Dont worry, Well not spam you & You can unsubscribe with us any time. bae). Created in 1999 by Aaron Peckham, who was then just a first-year student, the site allows anybody to add a word or phrase of modern slang along. Its most commonly used by VSCO girls. ", In a way, it may be a better term than the original label. Many of these words come from urbandictionary.com, which is basically a dictionary of all new slang. Guido (/ w i d o /, Italian: ) is a North American subculture and ethnic slur or slang term, often derogatory, for a working-class urban Italian-American. We've put together a list of funny Urban Dictionary word and definitions you need to be using right now. As you've probably noticed, the slang synonyms for "term" are listed above. Lickety-split. It's unclear exactly how long the slang usage of the word has been around, since its definition is so close to the original word. Highkey, meanwhile, seems to be much newer it only has one definition matching the current usage, and it is from January 2019. Twin Peaks. Like many popular slang words, the term shade originated in the black and gay communities in the 1980s. They dont suck balls like nickelback. Helicopter parent a parent who meddles constantly in a childs life, often into adulthood, to the point of attempting to control every aspect of the childs life and the actions of those he or she interacts with, 43. This year, because nothing can be simple, weve upped the ante by adding a misspelling to it. Hangry a state of mind and behavior characterized by being angry as a result of hunger (hungry + angry), 42. For more information, please see our Sad bonus: Calling yourself a potato means you think you are unattractive and your body is shapeless and lumpy. Being on fire, figuratively, means youre on a roll. Jesus Fuck. The word mood is, of course, incredibly old and common, but it has recently taken on new meaning. Due to the way the algorithm works, the thesaurus gives you mostly related slang words, rather than exact synonyms. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Saying something is clipped means that a situation or event is totally over, with no hope of redemption, the end. 23 Urban Dictionary Words That Are Funny AF In Real Conversation Urban Dictionary is written by you. Can someone please make a witty limerick now? It has also pretty successfully replaced the earlier slang terms "turnt" and "turn up.". More info: urbandictionary (h . Ice Cube was an early user of flex in this context in his 1992 song "It Was a Good Day," but the term began seeing serious spikes in internet usage around 2013. UK. How to make transitions in Tik Tok 2023 fall into the recommendations A crapella singing (badly) while listening to music through headphones 2. 1. Lowkey is typically used to describe a speaker's desires or emotions. Blaze Press November 6, 2015 Leave a Comment. The term "fire" refers to something hot, trendy, amazing, or on point (formerly straight fire). Make sure you know these 10 slang words used on dating sites. "Can you deliver that free couch to me?" "Can you throw in . When this happens, if the caption is not already there, somebody will inevitably comment, "mood," or if they're really feeling it, "big mood.". That's why you get funny articles like this one. the person who starts clapping before the performance is finished. Quality Content That Sparks Conversations Duck face a face made by pursing and pouting ones lips in an attempt to make them appear fuller or to make the cheekbones appear more prominent (frequently utilized by young women in selfies or other photos in an attempt to look flirty or more model-esque), 24. Urban Dictionary, the trusted online compendium for all of those gross terms and phrases you don't know in Cards Against Humanity, is made up of about 99 percent disgusting sexual acts and I've. bae). Urban Dictionary definitions that will scar you for life - from Hungry Unicorn to Crotch Sipders. this is a good one! As a result we have many complex, historied terms that might set us apart or make us look old in front of our kids later on. According to an Urban Dictionary entry, "The slang variant of low-key, often written without the hyphen as lowkey, functions as an adverb. Frankenfood genetically modified or otherwise processed food that isnt found in nature, More:7 Smart Shopping Habits All Millennials Should Start Using ASAP, 35. Thirsty was, in a way, a true pioneer of a word. 11 words and phrases that used to be insults, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. It is unclear exactly when usage of these words began, but lowkey came before highkey: Lowkey first had relevant Urban Dictionary entries beginning in 2016. RELATED: The Most Funny Yahoo Answers. Ever posted something online for free only to discover how many people want to argue with you about a free gift? And hey, it works, because its nearly impossible to say with a straight face. ". And you know these slang words are legit because when I read them to my three teenagers to make sure I was using them correctly, they said, and I quote, Big yikes, mom! Despite what it sounds like, this funny dictionary word word has nothing to do with licking or splitting. "I didn't insult the glasses, or you, directly. Youre a terrible person and you deserve to diethe only thing my child dying of cancer wanted for his birthday was your TV! You can change your preferences. Get a look at these 11 words and phrases that used to be insults but are now compliments. The search algorithm handles phrases and strings of words quite well, so for example if you want words that are related to lol and rofl you can type in lol rofl and it should give you a pile of related slang terms. Dont Worry, It Can Easily Be Fixed With TheseHacks, 10 Outdoor Halloween Decorations to Make Your YardSpooktacular, 7 Smart Shopping Habits All Millennials Should Start Using ASAP, Amazon Shoppers Say This $8 Hair Oil With 20,000 Positive Reviews Will Give You Super Silky Locks Within aWeek, This Rosie Huntington-Whiteley-Approved Brands $15 Moisturizing Gel-Cream Leaves the Skin Refreshed Just in Time forSpring, No Kitchen Is Complete Without This $10 Tool That Shoppers Say is the Greatest Pizza Slicer Theyve EverOwned, This $6 Easy-to-Use Tool Has Reportedly Helped Over 76,000 Amazon Customers Say Goodbye To FunkyBreath, Mature Women Swear Their Lashes Have Never Been Longer Thanks to This $9 Mascara With Over 78,000 Five-StarReviews. I mean, think about it. There is a beast with heart of cold stonethat dashes like lightning, shreds flesh from bone. Borked Weve got you covered with this list of slang words you need to know this year. Cookie Notice In a decade that saw a massive expansion in social media, slang is spreading faster than ever. Dude similar to a pronoun and commonly used (especially by skaters, surfers and stoners) to address one another or as an adjective to express emphasis, amazement or awe, 25. 45 Urban Dictionary Definitions That Are Surprisingly Funny 45 Funny Urban Dictionary Definitions That Aren't A Disgusting Sex Act If the English language was meant to evolve, then Urban Dictionary is the Charles Darwin of society. It used to be that it was just proper punctuation at the end of a sentence but now most of the time people dont bother adding it onunless they want to really emphasize something. I hope no one is looking at me while I search for SEX! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. According to Merriam-Webster, "Lit has been used as slang for over a century, but it used to be slang for 'drunk.' The result should look similar to the incredible sweaters that bill Cosby wore during his highly successful 1980s sitcom "the Cosby show". Slang is vocabulary (words, phrases, and linguistic usages) of an informal register, common in spoken conversation but avoided in formal writing. Freak flag a particular characteristic, mannerism or method of dress/appearance, either subtle or overt, that acts as a red flag of a persons unique, eccentric, creative, adventurous or unconventional behavior or thinking, 36. Earmuffs an exclamation used . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. If theres one consistent thing about drugs across the board, its that it makes people get really creative in describing doing them. Haha, this is a brilliant collection of funny words! I hope no one is looking at me while I search for SEX! ", The height of internet meme culture is the ability of a whole group of random people on social media to look at a seemingly meaningless picture and somehow identify the exact feeling it conveys. Note that this thesaurus is not in any way affiliated with Urban Dictionary. 23 related questions found. Shutterstock. In a world where more and more communication is typed, and never seen or heard, these micro-connotations have become extremely useful in indicating tone and intent. Error occurred when generating embed. We all know the term "flex" in the context of flexing a muscle, but this metaphorical slang term applies that same spirit to anything you might want to flaunt most often status. Associate Product Designer SUPA Apr 2022 - Kini 7 bulan. Have you ever had someone vent to you or ask for your help and you werent sure how to say no politely? And after Google started answering our queries, came Urban Dictionary to give us the hidden, underlying (read: HILARIOUS) meanings of the words we use every day. Like the rest of internet humor in the 2010s, captioned photos that represent our feelings have gotten more absurdist and abstract. We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer), 52 little compliments guaranteed to make anyone smile, 13 funny compliments are sure to win anyone over, brand new words added to the dictionary in 2019, 50 funny animal pictures that are guaranteed giggles, slang words you didnt know were in the dictionary, 16 more text abbreviations you really need to know by now, slang words only people from your state will understand. Typically used to refer to men, and often implies an abundance of money, women, nice clothes, expensive cars, etc. Urban Dictionary is one hell of a thing! These are people just famous on Instagram or YouTube and are only known for being influencersof something. The official Urban Dictionary API is used to show the hover-definitions. The higher the terms are in the list, the more likely that they're relevant to . You can actually create more of these easily using Wordoid. And, because the results were so wonderfully absurd, we decided to .