Usually, the gymnastics trainer is the one who determines whether a gymnast is ready for the next level. However, the main gymnastics program used in competitive gymnastics is the JO Program, and it's divided into 10 gymnastics levels. A dance passage with two skills, one of which is a. They must advance one level at a time by scoring the minimum mobility score at any USA Gymnastics sanctioned competition (Exception: Levels 1-3 do not have a mobility score). Floor: Casts in an Xcel Platinum bar routine are not subject to angle deductions like the DP program. Some gyms like for gymnasts to wear grips once they start swinging on the high bar. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'thegymnasticsguide_com-banner-1','ezslot_5',106,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-banner-1-0');The Platinum vaults that start at 9.7 include: The Platinum vaults that start at 9.9 include: The rest of the vaults allowed in the Platinum division will start at a 10.0. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'thegymnasticsguide_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_6',107,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');If a vault is performed that is not allowable for the division, it will receive a 0 (void vault). Unlike levels 1 and 2 meets, a level 3 meet involves a measure of seriousness as it determines whether or not a gymnast is good enough to move on to level 4 and start competing. Each routine must contain at least two acro passes. These vaults can be the same or different. (sorry if I didnt spell it right) Or is that too high of a skill? Capperal These digital books will be good for 4 year cycles and update automatically upon re-download with the amendments appearing in highlight. The NGA Women's Gymnastics Technical Handbook with Table of Elements contains information for all levels of the NGA Women's Gymnastics Program. back tuck dismount, Vault: At Xcel Platinum, the gymnast must perform vaults from the Xcel Platinum chart. Im trying to go platinum and all I need is vault any tips? kip A level 2 gymnast is required to be able to perform and master these skills: Jump to handstand from a mat stack and a fall to flat back, Handstand (hold it for at least a second), Split jump and split leap (with 60 leg separation). USA Gymnastics is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of gymnastics in the United States, consistent with the Ted Stevens Olympic & Amateur Sports Act, the Bylaws of the United States Olympic Committee and the International Gymnastics Federation. The current Xcel Diamond bars requirements are: At Xcel Diamond, the gymnast must perform the following Value Parts: If all of these Value Parts and Special Requirements are performed, an Xcel Diamond routine will start at 10.0. Level 9/10: 34.00 AA IES 9.0 (No Qualification to Nationals) Xcel Regionals: 35.00AA at the State Meet, or a 36.00AA at any USA gymnastics sanctioned event. Click here to create your EASY Xcel Routines! Would a kip cast above horizontal backhip circle squat on Jump to high bar kip cast under swing dismount be allowed? Click to find out how! marisawitte21@gmail.com cartwheel handstand Bronze Vault Option 1 has two parts. Roundoof layout Once a gymnast is proficient at his/her level and earns a qualifying score, he/she has the option to move up to the next level. Gymnastics levels are the status of a gymnast according to the development of their skills. Warm up time for Xcel Platinum- 1 1/2 minutes Warm up time for Xcel Diamond- 2 minutes Missing Special requirements = . No, you dont need to have a back handspring for Xcel Gold. Has the cast requirements changed ? Handstand I used to do a handstand, back walkover, back tuck and it just depends on the judge. This means that a Platinum gymnast can get Special Requirement credit for a cast that is 9 below horizontal, but a 0.10 deduction will be taken for the amplitude of the cast. 120 split (isolated or in series), One acro flight element OR an acro series (with or without flight, NOT mount/dismount), Dance passage: 2 Group 1 elements, directly or indirectly connected, one of which is a leap with minimum 150 split. handtsand backwalkover Level 6/7 Vault is intended as a "timer" to develop the Handspring Front Salto vaults and Tsukahara/Yurchenko . However, gymnasts who participate in level 6 meets must score at least 32AA to move on to level 7. I have been wanting to learn what the letters mean for a while, but I'm too cheap to buy the Code of Points. From Level 6, gymnastics skills are graded according to difficulty levels, and the routines executed at meets of subsequent levels must possess a certain number of skills with different difficulty levels. The difficulties plateau at the Platinum level (equivalent to Level 8 in the JO program). Hope this helped, If all of these Value Parts and Special Requirements are performed, an Xcel Silver routine will start at 10.0. Beam: Split jump, Back walkover (maybe a switch leg), Cartwheel, and back tuck or branny dismount. Standing Back Tuck (This means the gymnast must be 8 before she competes in her first meet.) A gymnast may not advance to Level 4 until she has completed the requirements as listed in the Entry and Mobility chart (page 79). Can you compete round off backhandspring back full In platinum? Proudly created by Wix.com. Round off tuck Xcel Platinum is the fourth level in the Xcel gymnastics levels. They are optional levels, so gymnasts at these levels do not compete. Levels 1-3 are gymnastics levels used to prepare gymnasts for competitions. Heres an overview of the requirements and key points for Xcel bars in the Platinum and Diamond divisions. All gyms do not compete at this level. Round off BHS Tuck The XcelPlatinumdivision is one level in the Xcel program; here is more information about all thegymnastics levels. Yes it would count, you may get deducted points for it depending on whether the judge is nice or not but its allowed. No hold is required to get credit for the handstand. A dive roll is not considered a flight element. If the required Value Parts are not performed, a deduction is taken from the Start Value. Level 5 / Level 6 / Level 7 / Level 8. Find individual gymnasts. All of the vaults start from 10.0 in Xcel Gold. Check out the articles below to learn more about Xcel Platinum! They are the Junior Olympic (JO) Program and the Xcel Program. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'thegymnasticsguide_com-banner-1','ezslot_10',106,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-banner-1-0');The current Xcel Bronze requirements on bars are: At Xcel Bronze, the gymnast must perform at least 4 A Value Parts, which are each worth 0.10 off the Start Value. The Special Requirement for a skill above horizontal will be awarded to a skill that: This means that a skill finishing in clear support, at 9 below horizontal or higher, will receive Special Requirement credit. Yes for bars, beam, and floor. Theres a few people in my group who dont have back handsprings and were able to compete Gold just fine. Platinum gymnasts musthave the following in their bar routine: Platinum gymnasts must have the following in their beam routine: Platinum gymnasts must have the following in their floor routine: The next Xcel level in gymnastics after Platinum is Diamond. Each level has multiple age groups and opportunities for participation and competition. Where can i find the A and B valued skills, https://emethgym.com/team/team-parent-resources/skills-defined/, These skills may be slightly outdated, some may be worth less and not all of them are there but here is a website that hopefully can help you . would a kip, cast (above horizontal), mill circle, jump to high bar, kip, front hip circle, cast, flyaway work??? Want to have Your Best Gym Year Ever? This article is updated with the changes from the 2022-2026 Xcel Code of Points. If a gymnast's routine fails to meet the above requirements, marks will be deducted (composition deductions). Shes on XCEL platinum In a clear circling skill your hips do not touch the bar. Gymnasts at this level are not able to select their own music. October 4, 2020, 10:04 am. The current Xcel Gold bars requirements are: if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'thegymnasticsguide_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_13',110,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0');At Xcel Gold, the gymnast must perform at least 6 A Value Parts, which are each worth 0.10 off the Start Value. Platinum gymnasts must perform a minimum of a front handspring vault. Tuxk jump Check out the recommendations here for the best gymnastics bars for home. Results. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. Level 10 gymnasts must be able to perform the following skills and involve them in their routines: One acro series with at least 2 flight skills in which one skill must be a "C" skill or the whole series a non-flight "A" series directly connected to an "E" flight skill (excluding mount and dismount), Salto or series dismount which is at least "C", or a "B" dismount connected to an acro series that includes a "C" skill, One acro series with 2 directly connected Saltos, Dance passage with at least two leaps, jumps or hops, one of which must be a leap with a 180 degrees split, A flight skill valued "C" excluding dismount, A different flight skill valued at least "B", excluding the dismount, One skill with a longitudinal axis turn valued at least "C" excluding mount and dismount, A Salto dismount with a minimum of "C" value. Vertical handstand (no hold) back walkover ( its a connection ), roundoff Examples of clear circling skills are clear hip circles, sole circles and stalders. A $50 late fee per gymnast will be assessed for late entries and must be enforced by the meet director. Gymnasts in the Xcel Platinum division typically have skills that are the equivalent of a DP Level 6. Beam Roundoff back handspring. Would I be able to do this in Platinum or will I just have to to a front pike or front layout? I have all the requirements to be an xcel platinum, and I am one, but I am going to nationals in Florida this year, and I want to know if I need a certain all around score to get into regionals? Next, all acro skills must start and finish on the beam to receive credit. Split leap split leap 180 degrees. Level 2 gymnastics is quite similar to level 1. 14apr . Check out the articles below to learn more about Xcel Platinum! Full turn The program allows the gymnast to advance at her own pace, competing in more than one level in a year, if she so chooses. Please also visit the Xcel Homepage for all of the latest information, specific to each event. i am in xcel gold and i dont have my flyaway but otherwise i have pretty much everything else. This article has an overview of several types of gymnastics equipment for home use. Speak to a professional for all your health needs and seek their counsel. The vault is expected to be quick and dynamic, and to show a hip rise. This article has been updated to reflect the changes from the 2022-2026 Xcel Code of Points. At Spirit Gym, JO gymnasts begin competition at Level 4. To compete at this level, gymnasts need to do the following skill requirements on all four apparatuses, as well as have 3 "A" valued gymnastics skills, 3 "B" valued gymnastics skills and 2 "C" valued gymnastics skills from the NCAA Gymnastics rules in their routines. Can you have a platinum floor routine without any back tumbling passes? Levels 6 and 7 have competitive opportunities up to and including State and possibly Regional Championships, depending on the needs of each Region. The Development Program is organized into ten different levels of training or competition. The options are: The gymnast is allowed to perform two vaults. . They must master level 7 gymnastics skills and have 5 "A" skills and 2 "B" skills in their unique routines. January 1, 2017, 11:02 pm. The mat stack must be a minimum of 24 high, and a maximum of 48 high. I assume shes missing a required skill? Can you do a giant in Platinum. No you dont, I came from level 5 and switched over to platinum. For platinum, Hey I need help do I meat all the requirements If all of these Value Parts and Special Requirements are performed, an Xcel Gold routine will start at 10.0. For a quick summary of level requirements, please reference this table (but use the links below for clearer details): < . In some divisions, a "pass" may just be one element. There is no undertime deduction. Gymnastics biker athletic shorts may be worn all levels. Competitive levels are levels 3-10, and above level 10, the gymnast has the option to go "elite" (those are the gymnasts you see at the Olympics). Make sure to check that their toes arent below their waist in the cast. do i need a flyaway for platinum? Split jump To compete gymnastics in the XcelPlatinumDivision, the gymnast must be able to do routines that meet theserequirements, as stated in the Xcel Code of Points. What are The most common a and B valued skills, Floor: Want more from The Gymnastics Guide? backwalkover balkwalkover To be classified as a level 7 gymnast, gymnasts must be able to perform the following skills and execute a combination of them in their unique routines: Acro series with two skills, like a back walkover or back handspring, "A" valued skill: Salto or aerial dismount, One acro series with three or more flight skills including a round-off back handspring, A front acro series with a minimum of two skills in which one must be a Salto or aerial, Dance passage with at least 2 skills one of which must be a leap with 180 degrees split. Levels 1-3: Some states have an organized Level 1-3 competitive program with sanctioned events. The circling skill is allowed to reach handstand in Platinum, but if the gymnast performs a turn in handstand, it becomes a restricted skill. I have girls from England coming over to do a comp in the Bahamas is there somewhere we can download a copy of the Xcel Code of Points? The extended information, including skill value charts and clarifications will be available for purchase on Apple iBooks and Google Play. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'thegymnasticsguide_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_14',103,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-medrectangle-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'thegymnasticsguide_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_15',103,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-medrectangle-3-0_1'); .medrectangle-3-multi-103{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:7px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:7px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}Every four years, the rules change for Xcel gymnastics under USA Gymnastics. Beat jump Acro passes are considered different if any of the following occurs: Different number of skills in the passes Same acro elements performed in a different order Judges keep saying that our girls are not meeting cast requirements and they all at least parallel. They must master level 6 gymnastics skills and have 5 "A" skills and 1 "B" skill in their routine. Practice times are increased in the summer months for the Level 6-10 girls. I found it informational. The rules for level 4 meets apply to level 5 meets. Level 9 and 10 Regionals will be held at Greenville Convention Center in Greenville, NC hosted by Rose's Gymnastics April 17-19, 2020. This includes skills that are part of an acro series. Level 8 gymnastics is the first of the gymnastics levels to demand, This is the final level in the Junior Olympic Gymnastics Levels. when i was competing, my coach said that my toes were not parallel with the rest of my body, so i got a 0.5 deduction. Want more from The Gymnastics Guide? The current Xcel Silver bars requirements are: if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'thegymnasticsguide_com-leader-1','ezslot_11',108,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegymnasticsguide_com-leader-1-0');At Xcel Silver, the gymnast must perform at least 5 A Value Parts, which are each worth 0.10 off the Start Value. USA Gymnastics Xcel Code of Points, 2022-2026. Is this correct? They need a minimum of 34AA to qualify for level 5. Open Optional / Youth Xcel Bronze / Youth Excel Silver / Youth Excel Gold. Marisa They must be at least 8 years old. Focusing in these areas will help the gymnast to improve not only their Platinum vault, but their ability to progress to more difficult vaults in the future. At Xcel Platinum, there is no specific casting requirement. Xcel Platinum gymnasts may also perform C dance skills on floor. Here's all you need to know about gymnastics levels. Can you compete a half on vault? Kip, cast handstand front support cast squat on kip up cast clear hip push away fly away off? Find gymnastics teams. AAU Gymnastics and the event host, Celebrate Savannah, are prepared to offer a safe and enjoyable event which will follow all COVID protocols necessary to run the event in compliance with local and state requirements along with any specific facility requirements. It involves rudimentary routines and skills that will be used as the basis of all other skills at higher gymnastics levels. Level 1 gymnastics aims to teach a gymnast the very basics of the sport. Wrocaw (Polish: [vrtswaf] (); German: Breslau, pronounced [bsla] (); Silesian German: Brassel) is a city in southwestern Poland and the largest city in the historical region of Silesia.It lies on the banks of the River Oder in the Silesian Lowlands of Central Europe, roughly 40 kilometres (25 mi) from the Sudeten Mountains to the south. To move on to the last level in the JO Gymnastics levels level 10, gymnasts need to score a minimum of 34AA in level 9 meets. With over 1,400 full-color illustrations, this unique 206-page Show More Theres always a lot of talk about what these changes will be. To be a level 2 gymnast, gymnasts must be able to perfectly execute level 1 gymnastics skills as well as master the level 2 skills in the next section. There are four sets of skills in competitive gymnastics: vault skills, bar skills, floor skills, and beam skills. The routines must contain 3 "A" skills, 4 "B" skills, and 1 "C" skill. Yes it is but it is not a clear circling skill. If not how do I get in? Can I do a suke? The roundoff-entry vaults they can perform are: Platinum gymnasts are still not allowed to perform flipping vaults. Ive been reading A and B skill lists on the internet, and have seen both split jump and split leap on the beam classified as B skills. What is the average age range for platinum? Follow us on Instagram:@thegymnasticsguide. This is a general overview of the requirements for the Xcel Platinum division. If the required Value Parts are not performed, a deduction is taken from the Start Value. (updated 02.07.23) AAU Special Stars AAU Artistic Gymnastics Special Stars - Program for Athletes with Special Needs.