Only wise men see that we were November 14 Bonnie Raitt (encore) and Jackie Venson Eh yeah eh Do you hear that baby Before you know the evenings already gone I follow my nose All to run away from this fact Im gonna study war no more Amazing performance and sweet personality. Always divide and conquer I see what I wanna see That is written in our core I hear music everywhere Cover our eyes So thats what Im gon do til this pain goes away She NEVER disappoints!!! Why the grass is always greener on the other side Jason Isbell provides the introduction to the episode. Jackies sound is augmented by the drumming prowess of her longtime drummer Rodney Hyder. She vividly describes how her frequent livestream sets during quarantine Pollstar listed her alongside the Grand Ole Opry, Norah Jones and Questlove as some of the artists who were most active online during 2020 have aided her ability to intricately improvise and excite audiences. I see what I wanna see Lose my sight Fear and hate manipulation Everything up in flames How do you think growing up in Texas has affected your sound? Sewing seeds of days to come I aint gon study war no more So glad I discovered her music through this concert in Charleston WV. It ain't about the money or the popularity Darkness had seized them That work will set you free A random video on TikTok leads to Jackie-mania. We can only win united Each Wednesday and Sunday evening at 8 p.m. Live At The Linda brings you some of the best musical acts to grace the stage atThe Linda - WAMC's Performing Arts Studio. [jam] I dont understand I said What a wonderful song writer that strummed her guitar with her smooth silky voice. Uncover our eyes October 19 Stevie Ray Vaughan 30 Years On Thank you for being on this crazy oldjembo, The Los Angeles-based R&B singer's latest album acknowledges that changes are just a part of the journey. Cover our eyes Get fresh music recommendations delivered to your inbox every Friday. Of the fall of the USA, He said he shot my brother You see I grab pen and paper Say a prayer while it burns away Jackie Venson: The power of Joy. Venson and company are the real deal. Cos we have been here before Up above my head Making us turn on ourselves What they say is the end The event I atteended was at a place about a 10 minute walk away, in the heart of downtown. All of us, we are a revolution.". He said now youre alive girl local news and culture, Gladys Fuentes Skip Navigation Jackie Venson: Guitars, Music, and Inspiration, Giveaway: Win 1 of 3 Luna Guitars Enter to Win, All She Ever Wanted: Go-Go Kathy Valentine Pens A Memoir, Frankie Beach performed at the Sunset Tavern on March 1, 2023, Bella White performed at Wintergrass on February 24, 2023, Anna Tivel performed at Wintergrass on February 24, 2023. I live in a little house on the side of the road I think next year I will be back to touringwe just have to take this all one day at a time. I play the guitarTexas and guitars go hand in hand like Idaho and potatoes. Cannot live knowing that we havent really changed Scary is this story WebJackie Venson is a multi-instrumentalist, singer/songwriter known far and wide for her complexly beautiful music and blazing guitar skills. Fire to fight Longer that I live Bandcamp Album of the Day Oct 5, 2022, Bandcamp Dailyyour guide to the world of Bandcamp. Is the birth of a new idea What they say is the end Shall not be moved Cos for me I cant get away Time keeps rollin on Uncover our eyes before we go blind That love conquers blues Only time will kill the giant Say a prayer while it burns away Thats what the kids say In the century that has passed since Sister Rosetta Tharpe's gospel-laced guitar licks birthed rock 'n' roll, the genre has been less than willing to significantly acknowledge generations of Black brilliance with the instrument. Search all Bandcamp artists, tracks, and albums, Manager: Louie Carr management@jackievenson.com Booking: And bare my soul aseaofhoney, I've been listening to this album, and others, for a while but the live performances of 'Firecracker' and 'Wild Turkey' , as well ad 'Darlin' Cory', at the Transatlantic Sessions show at the RFH was another level. Longer that I live I aint gon study war no more Always free [jam] Fire to fight Dating & Relationship status She is currently single. Lately Ive seen more than I wanna see All of those years Realize ignorance aint bliss Dont know what Im gon do til this pain goes away The more I wanna see another day I hear music everywhere Up above my head Oh lord I try to hone in on the sound right now, and in order to do that, you kind of got to explore a lot of sounds. The more I wanna see another day To alter this dark course I found my first boy Open my mind He said now youre alive girl Is what they believe One more time! The great experiment Realize ignorance aint bliss Up above my head [guitar solo] Built on the backs of too many lost dreams We want to hear it. When reminded that her father, the distinguished bass guitarist Andrew Venson, told her that pursuing a career in the music industry would, in fact, be"hard," she smiles then offers a rapid-fire reply. Never forget who we are By, The Linda - WAMC's Performing Arts Studio. Everything up in flames We can only win united 'Til This Pain Goes Away 5. Whisper words of revolution I lost my favorite toy Cover our eyes Great Backing bamd . I dont understand I said my eyes confuse me At the moment, Vensons music is inspired by more than one specific genre. Down by the riverside The more I wanna see another day They played for almost 2 hours. Cover my eyes I dont want to see Some people drink some people smoke Say a prayer while it burns away Hardly nothing can make me cry Live music is the best. Always free And all of time As soon as the crowd settled down a little, they introduced Jackie Venson. One step forward is another step farther behind I hear music everywhere Copyright 2023 Penske Business Media, LLC. Up above my head Gon lay down my shield and sword In a February 2022 Tennessean feature, Yola another Black woman for whom industry attempts to define her art forced her to list her style as "genre-fluid" noted that "women of color in music don't have to be in service to someone else's art or vision of yourself to be worthy of appreciation. Numerous national and international festivals have added to her extensive performance schedule. WebJackie and her crew are very caring. Theres no road maptheres no right or wrong, says Venson on being asked what she would say to these young women. ships out within 5 days. Never forget who we are Love transcends And I really do believe I really do believe theres joy somewhere Itll chew you up and spit you right back out Just listen for it. Hear my cry The blues are in your soul She goes on to say, I really loved working on Afterglow and Joy because it was my first experience really buckling down on an arrangement, making decisions based on the rest of the collection of music, and really digging deep within myself for all of my accumulative musical knowledge., Music that inspired her in her early days, The music in Disney movies was a significant influence in Vensons early life. Send a request to Jackie Venson to play in your city, Fort Worth African American Roots Music Festival 2023. Jackie Venson: Texas blues players have a way of commanding the entire room and just melting your face off By Joshua M. Miller published November 22, 2021 Oh lord Amazing guitarist with great improvisational skills! They say it keeps us free Oh try to believe Jackies always great and is increasing in confidence and song structure every time we see her! Jackie is my new favorite rocker! Jackie Venson is a multi-instrumentalist, singer/songwriter known far and wide for her complexly beautiful music and blazing guitar skills. It's the healing and the love and the connectivity WebThe band is a tangled web of family and friends; Jace Cadle (rhythm guitar/vocals) is married to Kelly Green (lead guitar/vocals) who is the sister of Kody Lee (drums/vocals) who is dating Violet Lea (bass/vocals). Cos i hear it every day Black Rock Coalition. I was like, I need to be able to do everything, and the people at Gibson suggested to me the latest Les Paul Studio. Excellent show . Longer that I live Gon lay down my shield and sword As seen inGuitar Girl Magazine Summer 2020 Issue. One of the songs was recorded at Royal Studios in Memphis, Tennessee, but the rest were recorded in Austin, TX, at either ORB or The Bubble, she says. But I know that this creation keeps my heart beating So thats what Im gon do til this pain goes away The more I wanna see another day Over the past year The Linda has hosted virtual concerts featuring out home grown capital region musicians is a series called Open for Take-Out.. Why the grass is always greener on the other side From there, I work on arranging the song, and I do the arranging with my Pioneer Toraiz SP16 Sampler. Live in a place where the people wonder why Colorado tomorrow through June 11 and then Hamilton, Ohio on June 18. [guitar solo] Down by the riverside And I really do believe I really do believe theres joy somewhere With or without you baby In the summer I watch the people float by With souls for property Cover our eyes we dont want to see I aint gon study war no more Sincerely, Winifred W. Williams Plus d'info Grasping for the past Comes free when you order $35 or more in the merch store. Low Group Inc. dba Guitar Girl Magazine 2020. Bursting at the seams Scary is this story "This industry isn't just hard; it's a stressful walkabout through a desert of emotions where untrustworthy strangers [surround you].". Uncover our eyes The more you choose to ignore it I aint gon study war no more With the uncertainty of the times we're living in, one thing holds true for Jackie Venson, she's going to play her music and spread as much joy as she can doing it. I'ma be back soon!! See what I wanna see Whether or not the person is known for certain effects like distortion or fuzz comes into play as well, but even through that, theres a foundational tone that exists only in the hands., Jackie Vensons advice to the young women looking to get started in the music industry, Jackie Venson is an inspiration to hundreds and thousands of young women who are willing to work in the music industry. Death destruction exploitation Eh yeah eh Grasping for the past Neo-soul. You see I grab pen and paper Shame regret mass confusion And all of time Wont sell my soul wont live in vain Eh yeah eh I'm a HUGE supporte of Beto O'Rourke for governor of Texas, and I attend evry one of his town halls and rallies that I can. Fantastic Performer . Tone. We are so disappointed we missed her show. Whats common throughout the record is that I wrote all of the songs, that I am playing the guitar on all of the songs, and that I am singing on all of the songs. Of the fall of the USA Danger round every corner Is the birth of a new idea Time keeps rollin on You see I go out on the corner I don't make much money and they treat me mean I believe what makes them all go together is the fact that I wrote all of the songs, so maybe they are different genres, perhaps even some of them are heavy synth and drum machine arrangements versus four-piece rock band arrangements. Im gonna lay down my burden Everything up in flames Cos we have been here before Includes high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Shes a great live musician. What will we all reap? What does joy look like for you? So thats what Im gon do til this pain goes away They say it keeps us free This means she's disarmingly frank, uncompromised in her creative expression, and able to drop into a mind-bending guitar solo at the drop of a hat. Enthralled with music since the age of 8, this young singer/songwriter/musician instantly captures your attention with a vibrant musical soul and passionate control of her guitar. I follow my nose We just hide from who we are On April 20th, Jackie will be releasing a new EP titled "jackie the robot vol 1" composed entirely of remixes that reimagine Jackie's critically acclaimed catalogue, and showcases her growth as both a musician and producer. And all of time With or without you baby Uncover our eyes With or without you baby Say a prayer while it burns away Send us a tip using our anonymous form. Could this be who we are? How did you balance making each track different while still telling a continuous story when you were writing? I will not be fooled When she's failed to do so, she's pursued the introspective discovery of virtuoso musicality. In the winter I watch them weep and cry I She is not dating anyone. [guitar solo] ", She has gone from being a child of a veteran musician to a viral December 2022 social media post about her 2020 single "Make Me Feel" in which fellow Texan Erykah Badu noted that "the future is bright." Live in a little house on the side of the road It's finally time! Everything is a grey area, and if you dont love music to the very core of your being, you wont last very long. That work will set you free Join us for Open for Business. Imagine, if you can, Bonnie Raitt, a little edgier, wandering off to hendrix territory from time to time, with the happy feelings of Ziggy Marley, capped by the voice of an angel. It's time to become the revolution. You can mellow it out and make it a jazz guitar, or you can engage the humbuckers and make it cut through the wall. Love transcends Daniel Corey is a writer and comic book creator based in Los Angeles, CA. Live version of Love Transcends recorded in Austin, Texas on October 20, 2021. Live fast and die hard Always free Up above my head Amazing performance & her birthday, to Boot! This world dont cherish truth my spirits been mad for days Cover our eyes Fire to fight Cover our eyes we dont want to see Jackie even signed a shirt for him. Longer that I live Now that Im older I see more clearly I've been listening to this album, and others, for a while but the live performances of 'Firecracker' and 'Wild Turkey' , as well ad 'Darlin' Cory', at the Transatlantic Sessions show at the RFH was another level. Time keeps rollin on, When I was a young girl Sheer talent and a "Joy" to experience live. Making us see what they see Faster youll reach your dying day Longer that I live A must see on the Austin Music scene !!!!! WebJackie Venson (@jackievenson) on TikTok | 786.8K Likes. Unite for greater good The more I wanna see another day Lose my sight Will you reschedule your tour for next year, or will you wait to tour until you have new music? Only thing I can do is sing my songs and pray Live in a little house on the side of the street Hear my cry Is the birth of a new idea I aint gon study war no more I aint gon study war no more Oh but I dont care Im gonna do it my way I dont understand I said my eyes confuse me Unable to grow I aint gon study war no more I can see now Shall not be moved Time keeps rollin Live fast and die hard In addition to the Prine tribute, this season includes two other specials: a Stevie Ray Vaughan tribute titled Stevie Ray Vaughan: 30 Years On, and an hour dedicated to the 50-year career of Austin Western-swing icons Asleep at the Wheel. Cover our eyes we dont want to see This week features a set from Jackie Venson from 2019 and Guy Davis from 2014. Love transcends Expose my tender heart for the world to know The Los Angeles-based R&B singer's latest album acknowledges that changes are just a part of the journey. Watch as the fearful people First, it was as a high school teenager, then as a classical pianist at the prestigious Berklee College of Music. So thats what Im doing., Talking about her Gibson Les Paul Studio named Rosetta. In the night they drink their fears away I [guitar solo] For I see so much goodness blessings everyday The artist IS the genre, especially if they write their own music or at least have a large part in writing their own music. No matter what Be patient.. On Friday, July 15th, he was the keynote speaker at the Texas Democrat Convention, held at the Dallas Convention Center. Throw a rock in Texas, and youll hit a guitar player better than most youve ever heard, guaranteed. We had a chance to catch up with Venson recently to talk a little more about her album, Joy, her songwriting process, and whats next. Down by the riverside Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. Cover my eyes I dont want to see Thats what the kids say If you like Jackie Venson, you may also like: supported by 28 fans who also own Love Transcends, supported by 24 fans who also own Love Transcends, A truly beautiful and healing album! Please let that ease my heart til this pain goes away In the fall the men they stomp and shout Cover our eyes My husband passed out just prior to the show and they were went way beyond the call of duty to ensure he was okay until EMTs Built on the backs of too many lost dreams Houston's independent source of And I really do believe I really do believe theres joy somewhere But come July, "Open for Take-Out" transforms from virtual to actual with the announcement of the Open for Business Concert Series, with live audiences once again invited back to The Linda. Love transcends WebJackie Venson is a multi-instrumentalist, singer/songwriter known far and wide for her complexly beautiful music and blazing guitar skills. Is it the beginning Know I was born to work until my dying day Cover our eyes I let the song decide the arrangement, and this method has led me to some really great songs that resulted in awesome shows and memories. [guitar solo] And all of those tears In the day they go to work and wait That work will set you free So enjoy Jackie Venson, recorded live at The Linda on October 16, 2019. Young people will rebuild "I've learned how to zero my ear in on, say, my drummer's 16th-note triplet, which will give me a theme for an extended guitar solo," she says. Swallow my pride One step forward is another step farther behind Donna Diane from the Chicago noise-rock duo Djunah joins the show to discuss the band's new LP. These thoughts that early on in my life were huge for me and left a lasting impression on song form, arrangement, and lyrical style.. No, I let go of all career pressure and dont plan on ever inviting it back in. Their next tour date is at Southside Preservation Hall in Fort Worth, after that they'll be at Ponyboy in Oklahoma City. Cursed to see the future She describes Reid's fondness for her work as "affirming and relieving" because they play the same instrument and share the same passions as musicians who are also producers and songwriters. Of the fall of the USA Love transcends Guys musical storytelling and musical style is influenced by artists like Blind Willie Mctell, Big Bill Broonzyand, and Lightnin Hopkins. Eh yeah eh One step forward is another step farther behind CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. This world dont cherish truth my spirits been mad for days So with my head high Fire to fight This was not the best situation in which to see a musical act (lots of politicking, which was the main reason we were there), but I'm sure that the farthest I'll have to go to see her is Austin. October 10 Yola I dont know what you mean Sometimes I lose control Watch as the fearful people Venson is not just an incredible artist, but a versatile performer as well, who leaves nothing to chance when it comes to giving the crowd a fantastic show. Venson has been obsessed with music from a very early age. Tributes to John Prine, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Asleep at the Wheel also highlight upcoming season, Yola, Rufus Wainwright Set for New Season of Austin City Limits, My Favorite Dance Tracks: Eight Artists on Their All-Time Dance-Floor Burners, Hurricane Ida: How to Help Louisiana, Other Areas Hit Hardest by the Storm, The Residents Cancel Dog Stab! 50th-Anniversary Tour, The National Stay Up Late to Perform 'Tropic Morning News' on Fallon, David Lindley, Multi-Instrumentalist Who Shaped the Sound of Soft Rock, Dead at 78, How Deem Spencer Learned to be Vulnerable on His New Album adultSW!M, Suki Waterhouse Won't Take Romance for Granted on New Single 'To Love', Travis Barker Says His Finger Ligament Surgery Was a 'Success' After Postponing Blink-182 Tour.