reserved. All rights reserved. Their strengths are adaptable, smart, cautious, acute, alert, positive, flexible, outgoing, and cheerful. In closing I would just like to say that I don't get nostalgic too often that seeing this crowd out here and a lot of old friends from Johnstown, Woodville Heights and all over the place, you know I realize that the fans and my Dova-Shooka fan club up here on the right, you people are a great part of why we were a championship team for many years. The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Football is not an individual sport, he says. Ham, who was born December 23, 1948, in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, quickly earned the reputation as a big-play defender and one of the finest outside linebackers in the game. Did he do the best he could under the circ1Jmstances with total concentration and dedication to the cause at the moment. She died on Tuesday at the age of. Describing himself as a not-so-sought-after recruit, the Johnstown native was a last-minute addition to then-coach Joe Paternos recruiting class in 1967 and that was only because a player already committed to Penn State decided to go elsewhere. 1975 AFC Pittsburgh Steelers 16, Oakland Raiders 10 Ethel Kennedy (Robert's widow) sat across the aisle from us. Find your friends on Facebook. Birthdate: December 23, 1948 #1 Greansfaoro, Pi. The clincher was a three-interception performance against the New York Giants in the preseason finale. by Ken Rappoport, Ham had this to say about his endeavors after football: "I still do some of that, but I also have a drug-testing company as well here in Pittsburgh. "[citation needed] Despite not being as revered as teammate Jack Lambert by fans (as well as not being as feared by opponents), some have regarded Ham as a better outside linebacker than Lambert as a middle linebacker during the Steelers dominance of the 1970s.[7]. I think the idea that when everyone's gunning for you and you do it again, that in my career is most rewarding. He sold the coal to other industries, such as power plants, utilities, and steel companies. Includes Address (2) Phone (1) Jack Ham's net worth Although he was a ferocious hitter, he was known as a player who couldnt be fooled and was seldom out of position. He didn't waste any time out there on the practice field. He was drafted by the Steelers in the second round of the 1971 draft and went on to win four Super Bowls during a career that spanned 12 years including being named a Pro Bowl player eight seasons in a row. Owner: ham jack r & joanne m Total Market Value: $635,000 Sale Price: $63,500 +Edit Past Address 540 Lindbergh Dr, Coraopolis, PA 15108 View Address +Edit Past Address Scaife Rd, Sewickley, PA 15143 View Address +Edit Past Address 1 Scaife Rd, Sewickley, PA 15143 View Address +Edit Personal Details View All Public Private Personal Details To me the professional is the one who knows what he is doing all the time and, therefore, he is consistent at a higher level than anybody else. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Jack Ham Jack Ham weighed 225 lbs (102 kg) when playing. He served as a color commentator for national radio broadcasts of NFL games, and later hosted a show in Pittsburgh with Mark Madden on ESPN Radio 1250 during the NFL season. PHOTOS BY PITTSBURGH STEELERS | KARL ROSER, (Editors Note: This article has been updated since its original posting in Feb. 2020). Since we weren't making $5-7 million a year back then, I was preparing for what I'm doing today. My hockey interest started way back when and just grew.. Ham started at left linebacker. Join Facebook to connect with Joanne Ham and others you may know. The undersized and underrated linebacker graduated Bishop McCort High School in 1967 and found that he had no place to go. He was first-team All-Pro six years and was named to eight straight Pro Bowls. Durable, he missed only four games his first 10 seasons in the NFL. Watch: Jack Ham describes his most memorable game. They have also lived in Tucson, AZ. We knew we had a hell of a challenge in front of us playing the Raiders out there during that period time. Toughest Player You Ever Faced: Earl Campbell, by far. In Pittsburgh, I had great players around. Work. that is a good football player and a heck of a guy and we talked to the staff and said well, he is a good friend of Steve's and we want to keep Steve happy, let's give Ham a scholarship. Ham was injured and did not play. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. He intercepted one pass for no yards. Since his retirement from the NFL in 1982, the pro-football and college Hall-of-Famer, considered by many to be the greatest outside linebacker of all time, has been working in radio, including stints covering the NFL. Majors died in June at the age of 85. Rhythm Is a Dancer. He had two tackles and six assists. [1][2] His 53 takeaways are the most in NFL history by a non-defensive back, while his 32 interceptions rank him 3rd all time among linebackers, behind Don Shinnick and Stan White. He was able to diagnose plays. Jack Ham, a man who would leave his mark on the world of American Football, was born in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, on December 23, 1948. Ham was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the second-round (34th overall) of the 1971 NFL Draft. People named Joanne Ham. He made two tackles, one assist and had one pass defensed. I told him that I really have some financial problems and could I borrow a couple hundred thousand dollars from him. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest linebackers in league history. In November, he was named to the NFL 100 All-Time Team, a roster of the greatest players in their respective positions. Ham started at left linebacker. The last assessment recorded was taken in the year 2016 with a value of 782000. Their on screen relationship was a fractured one, as . The confidence that the coaching staff showed throughout the spring off season had a huge impact on Ham, and it began to show the following season. In his three years as a starting linebacker, the Nittany Lions had records of 11-0, 11-0, and 73. He played three years for the Penn State Nittany Lions; he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1990. The important thing with Jack was not who was watching. He wound up his career with 25 sacks, 21 opponents' fumbles recovered and 32 interceptions. He wasn't big on trash talk or excessive celebrations, but despite this. Joanne Ham is on Facebook. 2014. Pittsburgh Curiosities: The Secret Doughboy, Why 1898 Was A Big Year for America, Andrew Carnegie and Pittsburgh, Party Like It's 1898: The Pittsburgh Zoo and Kennywood Celebrate 125-Year Birthdays, Maestra: Meet Four Pittsburgh Conductors Who Seek Gender Equity, Pittsburgh Pizza Debate: The Aiellos Vs. Mineos Rivalry Expands to the Suburbs, Who's The Best of the 'Burgh in 2023? Before Fame He played three years for the Penn State Nittany Lions; he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1990. 8.9 (108) Rate. Andy was known as the thinking man's linebacker. Jack Ham Height, Weight & Measurements At 74 years old, Jack Ham height is 6' 3" (1.91 m) . Nov 5, 2006 Caroline Ham, the mother of Johnstown native and Pittsburgh Steelers star Jack Ham, was a gentle woman who loved her family, her caregivers said. Ham started at left linebacker. People Search Joanne Ham ME. Thank you. how to remove rain gutter nails; used police motorcycles for sale in los angeles, california Joanne M Ham, 74. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1990. His strong, poised character, his commitment to professionalism, I mentioned about the way he did things. I'm in the energy business. He was one of the few outside linebackers who could play pass defense as well as the NFLs top safeties. Since then, he has been a FOX Sports studio analyst. Mike Ditka talked about practice, absolutely. Arivify. Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1988. [2] Maxie Baughan, a former NFL linebacker said of Ham, "He was one of the more intelligent players to ever play that position. Where was Jack Ham born? Ham currently he works as radio and sports analyst for the Penn State Sports Network. What makes you most proud about your Hall of Fame career: The idea that we were able to win championships back-to-back and then do it again two years later. For years he could be heard on NFL's Games of the Week on Westwood One Radio Network. He has been a great friend of mine and a friendship I cherish today, and he just set the tone for a free safety made himself a great football player and all pro and a leader of our secondary that is number 23, Mike Wagner. High School: Bishop McCourt (Johnstown, PA) His nickname was not just a childhood nickname, but it stayed with him throughout his playing days. [citation needed] He was one of the few outside linebackers who could play pass defense as well as the NFL's top safeties. Scouting reports in the National Football League said that he was too small to make it in the pros when the Steelers drafted him in the second round of the 1970 NFL draft. Jack is about to be a stay-at-home dad now that his wife is returning to law school, but it's not going to be easy with a teenage daughter who's getting busy with a boyfriend in her bedroom and a teenage son going through puberty who is starting to develop an interest in girls. As these numbers indicate, Ham had a flair for the big play, guided by some of the best football instincts ever found in a linebacker. 1978 AFC Pittsburgh Steelers 34, Houston Oilers 5 mart to be thrifty. We don't even want to think about going to war. As summed up in Ken Rappoport's book The Pennsylvania State University Nittany Lions, Where Have You Gone?, Jack Ham would go on to letter in football at The Pennsylvania State University from 1968 to 1970. The best result we found for your search is Joanne Anne Ham age 80+ in Magnolia, TX. He began selling coal for a company in his native city of Johnstown. Jack Ham's nickname, "Dobre Shunka," means "good ham" in Polish. I guess, even when I went to Pittsburgh when I was drafted in the second round and Pittsburgh didn't have a very good football team in the prior two years, they were 1-13 and 5-9, not exactly winners and they weren't going anywhere. It is a devasting thought to think you are going to have someone to take you to war, so we don't have military heroes anymore. I used to watch the old AFL games and loved the wide-open AFL. Jack Ham (Football Player) was born on the 23rd of December, 1948. His sensational rookie training camp earned him a starting left linebacker spot for the Pittsburgh Steelers in his first regular season game. Jack Ham was born in the Year of the Rat. He is from USA. They can always react properly before the worst circumstances take place. Details His 32 career interceptions rank him tied for first among all Hall of Fame linebackers. Studio Locations: 51 N. Miidtn St.. Wtynuburg, Pi. Fifth Third Bank, National Association. College football. When being interviewed for the book Penn State Nittany Lions, Where Have You Gone? I have grown to know Joe better now since I left Penn State and been with the pros and retired and all of you out there you respect Joe Paterno the coach, but the better I know him, the more I respect Joe Paterno the man. They knew that not only did we have great players, but probably the greatest fans as well and it was almost impossible for them to win. The full name of this man is Jack Raphael Ham Jr. Parents: He is the son of his mother, Caroline Ham. Jack Ham was a consensus All-America at Penn State and the 34th player taken in the 1971 National Football League Draft. and has a legal description provided by the local assessor of 0510-F-00055-0000-00. Copyright @2021 The Pennsylvania State University. Im signed up through three more years.. Ham started all 14 games as a rookie and he continued to hold a regular job until his retirement after the 1982 season. Education: Jack Raphael Ham Jr. attended Penn State. But you got to prepare yourself to practice well and Jack Ham did. He earned a starting position as a rookie, named All-AFC or All-Pro seven straight years and was voted to eight consecutive Pro Bowls. Super Bowl IX Pittsburgh Steelers 16, Minnesota Vikings 6 In mid-2019 the newsletter of the PSU Alumni Association rated Ham first among the 100 greatest athletes, considering all sports and all previous football players, in University history. And also watching Dan Rooney and the rest of the organization realize after 42 years we had become champions, we had become winners and that probably is the biggest highlight, the biggest memory I will ever have. Classes ollered will range Trom beginning, lo n d v n n r r d level Polnle Work. He graduated from University of Miami / School of Medicine|University Of Miami School Of Medicine in 1999. Ditka, I used to think Ditka was a smart kid. Favorite NFL Team as a Child: San Diego Chargers. But if you ask Ham about his legendary football career, he replies modestly, crediting his success to the players that surrounded him. He is a member of famous Actor with the age 74 years old group. For more information regarding 225 Scaife Rd including construction details, assessments, previous owners, and sales data please look below. They have also lived in Coraopolis, PA. Joanne is related to Joan L Ham and John Hamm. Name: Jane D Ham, Phone number: (813) 685-0608, State: FL, City: Lithia, Zip Code: 33547 and more information He served as a color commentator for national radio broadcasts of NFL games, and later hosted a show in Pittsburgh with Mark Madden on ESPN Radio 1250 during the NFL season. a Creative So, I am a brilliant coach. Dating: According to CelebsCouples, Jack Ham is single . Elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame: January 30, 1988 These days, Ham a legendary graduate of Penn State is a color football analyst with the Penn State Sports Network. Jack as a professional. That man revolutionized the position of middle linebacker and in two years he will be right here at this podium. Former NFL linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1971 until 1982. On December 11, 2014, the Big Ten Network included Ham on "The Mount Rushmore of Penn State Football", as chosen by online fan voting. Last Book You Read: Hotel Pastis: A Novel of Provence by Peter Mayle. Jack Ham is 74 years old. Until 2007, he acted as special assistant to the athletic director and chancellor at Pitt. He made five tackles and had five assists. She was a member of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, St. Mary, Roman Catholic Church in Leckrone, the St. Mary Rosary Society, St. Mary Pastoral Council, PALS Ladies Auxiliary and The Friends of German & Masontown Library. Jack and Joanne are plan a passionate night to themselves. He's a true professional. And one point I would like to make we would no way, we would have been able to win those games or win those championships if it wasn't for one man and that is pure and simple, Chuck Noll. and exceptions. Uniform Number:#59. 1. Pittsburgh Steelers great Jack Hams voice is never far from those who know where to find it as Penn State fans know. He won four Super Bowls with the Pittsburgh Steelers and was named to eight consecutive Pro Bowls. Enshrined into the Pro Football Hall of Fame:July30, 1988 But, I take a lot of pride in it. To see over 200,000 people come out there with the enthusiasm and loyalty that you have to this game and what it means to you. He always tries to do the best with what God gave him to do. 2. Ham played . 17 Apr. He attended The Pennsylvania State University where he became one of the school's all time great football players. Mediterranean Frittata $8.99. 1970s All-Decade Team The rest is history. Your greatest accomplishment outside of football: My marriage. Jack Ham was born on a Thursday. He blocked three punts in 1968, setting a school record that was not tied until 1989. Jack Ham was born on December 23, 1948. Did you consider anyone other Joe Paterno as your presenter? Normally the Hall of Fame would call you but I hadn't received the call so I thought I wasn't in. He taught me more about football, more about the mental part of the game, made me just a great player only because the mental part he taught me for many years. A friend of mine, a friendship I made not through football, but a guy who would call me sometimes when I had a bad game or at a time I would get injured or our team didn't play well a good friend of mine and good basketball player, Mr. Doug Collins. Discover Jack Ham's Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. There wasn't No. Their lucky numbers are 2, 3, and lucky colors are gold, blue, green. Jack Ham, a man who would leave his mark on the world of American Football, was born in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, on December 23, 1948. Jacks birth flower is Narcissus and birthstone is Tanzanite, Turquoise, Zircon and Topaz. They are driven, patient, strategic, determined, disciplined, responsible, and persistent. Jack Ham would go on to an astounding career in football, both with The Pennsylvania State University and the NFL's Pittsburgh Steelers. JoAnne Hamm. Former NFL linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers from 1971 until 1982. You know Harley Bags, Swanie, Stahlworth, Banazak, Webster, Blount and Rockey and a whole lot more and we won a lot of Super Bowls then . four Super Bowls in six years and we had great players. All-Pro: 1974 (AP, FW, NEA, PW); 1975 (AP, FW, NEA, PW); 1976 (AP, FW, NEA, PW); 1977 (AP, FW, NEA, PW); 1978 (AP, FW, NEA, PW); 1979 (AP, FW, NEA, PW), All-Pro Second-Team: 1972 (PFWA); 1973 (AP, PFW, NEA); 1980 (NEA). Select this result to view Joanne Anne Ham's phone number, address, and more.