his room was full of his belongings and there was no sign that he planned on leaving. That, or he was forced into a car. jason struggled with giving directions so he planned on meeting his co-worker at benson high school (which they both previously attended and graduated from). he graduated from high school, was attending community college, and was able to hold down a job i think his disability wasn't severe enough to disrupt his work and school. But, lets remember there were a few things out of the ordinary that day: his car was in the shop--had been all week--he called in unexpectedly and he was about to start a new job. For a downloadable poster, click here. [8] As of 2022, the Omaha Police Department continues to investigate the case. Hmm, interesting. Between 11:15 and 11:30, Jasons coworker called his home phone to ask where Jason was, as he hadnt showed up to the school to be picked up. Last updated January 11, 2019; picture added, age-progression updated. Cookie Notice Jason has a difficult time giving directions, & meeting at his former high school probably seemed logical to him. He was last seen by a neighbor, who said he was taking out the trash at his home, presumably before walking to the school. At 10:45, Jason was seen bringing garbage cans in from the curb. "His brother also looked out the window and saw him walking in the direction toward Benson. This was at 10:45 a.m. At one point Jason apparently planned to walk the 4.5 miles to the Fizoli's where he worked, but then asked a co-worker for a ride for 10:45am (which they agreed to meet in the high school parking lot). What places did it connect to? The police interviewed friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers, but were at a loss to explain what had happened to Jason. he wasn't into drugs or alcohol and he had good relations with his family. Project Jason . Unfortunately, I can not find anything that tells us what Jason did in the previous days he did not have his car---did he actually go to work? And then nothing. He vanished without a trace. His mother described him as being quite shy, preferring to keep a small group of friends. his car was still at the auto repair shop and his last paycheck was not picked up. He worked at a Fazoli's restaurant on 80th and Cass Streets in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska. Nothing else had been taken from his bedroom. His car was in the shop for repairs and he initially said he would walk there, but then called back and made arrangements for a coworker to pick him up at Jolkowski's old school, Benson High School, eight blocks from his home. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. At the time of his disappearance, he was attending community college part-time and had gotten into the radio broadcasting program. Somewhere along that short, half-mile walk, that young man vanished. One Minute and Forty-Three Seconds. Im actually a day late on this, so I apologize. Missing From: OMAHA, NE. On the morning of June 13, 2001, his car was in the shop, so he began his ten minute walk to meet a co-worker who would give him a ride to work. Though they were spotted that day in the mall, they have not been seen since and the vehicle they arrived in was left behind. Much healing to the family. Unsolved American missing person case from Omaha in 2001, "Family to hold vigil for missing student", "12 Years Later- Jason Jolkowski Still Missing", "Missing teen's parents help other families cope", "Discovery of body could be 'at least an answer', "MISSING: 20 year anniversary of Jason Jolkowski's disappearance", "Family's Loss Inspires Law To Help Find Missing Persons", "Kelly Jolkowski, Mother Of Missing Teen, Recognized For Aiding Victims' Families", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Disappearance_of_Jason_Jolkowski&oldid=1140851759, Short description is different from Wikidata, Articles containing potentially dated statements from 2023, All articles containing potentially dated statements, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 22 February 2023, at 02:36. He usually drove to work, but on that day his car was getting repaired, so he had arranged for a coworker to pick him up at a school close to his parents house. Possibly saw something he wasnt supposed to (car being stolen, drug deal, burglary? Chester Link said he's that neighbor who saw Jolkowski walking toward the high school. https://charleyproject.org/case/jason-anthony-jolkowski. On June 13, 2001, Jason Jolkowskis manager called him into work earlier than expected. In 2001, Jason Jolkowski was a hardworking 19-year old, living in Omaha, Nebraska. If not, I think gang violence could be a possibility but I honestly doubt that no one would've noticed given how residential the area is. Not even a stream, or a drainage culvert. One of the officers involved in the investigation was quoted as saying Jason's disappearance was the most baffling case hed seen in 30 years. As this theory goes, Jason was walking when someone stopped and offered a ride. A page on Charley Project shows an age-progressed photo of him with details: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jolkowski_jason.html, And this CNN ireport from 2011: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-562589. I guess its possible a hit-and-run could have still happened, but it just seems weird that no trace of it was left behind and that no one in the neighborhood heard any kind of commotion. [4][5] The school was eight blocks (about 0.5mi (0.80km)) from his home. His car was undergoing work at a local mechanic, and because the shift was unplanned, Jason had to make arrangements for a ride. His case remains unsolved. The third theory is a bit of an amalgamation of the two previously discussed. Jason Jolkowski was a 19 year old from Omaha, Nebraska. This was 2001 it wouldn't have been as simple as shooting the girl a text saying "I got a ride already on my way". Wild guess, but I think that Jason was the victim of some random, horrible accident. This is when his disappearance was discovered. "His brother also looked out the window and saw him walking in the direction toward Benson. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Say was 16 when her 19-year-old cousin disappeared. At around 11:15, Jasons coworker called his house to ask where he was, as he was late in meeting her. On June 13, 2001, 19-year-old Jason was on summer vacation at his familys home in Omaha, Nebraska, when he received a phone call asking him to come into work early. Jasons family reported him missing after waiting for 24-hours (which was a common waiting period put in place by many police departments back in the day Im unsure if they were told directly by police to wait). I have absolutely nothing to support this belief. Included on the site are some names ripped from the headlines, including Brendan Gonzalez, Amber Harris and Jason Jolkowski. "So he was last seen taking the trash cans into his house and a neighbor saw him do that," said Say. Jolkowski is a man from Omaha, Nebraska, who went missing on June 13th, 2001, while walking to his former high school to meet up with a co-worker for a ride to work. Murphy recalled a memory from those lost years: We really didnt have a name for it, but it was kind of a who laughs first game. "I don't understand how someone could just vanish with no trace, no foul play, nothing like that.". Jason Jolkowski has been missing since June 2001. The then 19-year-old was walking seven blocks from his . He believes he could be one of the last people to see him that day. [6] Under an hour later, between 11:15 and 11:30a.m., his co-worker called his house stating that he had failed to turn up at Benson High for the ride to work. It probably means nothing, there was a pedestrian tunnel in that area that was closed a decade ago or so. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW SEONEOM COULD JUST VANISH WITH NO TREES. Despite the enduring pain of their loss, Jason's family still remains hopeful that one day theyll have closure and definitive answers about what happened to their son. Or Jason suffered a head injury that resulted in amnesia, which led him away from his life. On April 15, 2005, Centre County, Pennsylvania, District Attorney Ray Gricar went out for a drive and was never seen again. He wasn't the type of victim that we think of who may have been abducted by sex trafficking thugs or pedophiles, such as victims Asha Degree, Johnny Gosch, or Amy Lynn Bradley. His car was undergoing work at a local mechanic, and because the shift was unplanned, Jason had to make arrangements for a ride. A later check of security cameras at Benson High School show he never arrived on campus. 20 years, thats two decades.. According to Jasons friend, Amanda Goodman: He loves his parents and his brother more than anything in the world. Like I said maybe he saw something . After searching through other case write ups and discussion threads, Ive come up with three theories which, again, are not based on evidence, but instead are based on the situation. He left $650 behind in his bank account, which has not been touched since his disappearance. Unfortunately, with this mark, I will have not had him more years than I had him in my life since he disappeared at the age 19. You would just see who would start laughing. He was a 6'2" 180 man. Perhaps some predator of some sort got him into a home/building or more likely into a car and tricked him and/or took him against his will. "Say was 16 when her 19-year-old cousin disappeared.June 13 marks 20 years since Jolkowski was unexpectedly called into work and agreed to meet a coworker at Benson High School for a ride. ya, and the almost complete lack of publicity for the Sherman case, which happened only a month later is very, very odd. Missing From: Omaha, Nebraska Missing: June 24, 2001 . The driver then hid Jason somewhere yet unfound. He has not cashed any of his paychecks, used his cellular phone or ATM card, or picked up his car from the auto repair shop since his disappearance. He had a younger brother named Michael. Kelly Jolkowski, Jason's mother, was instrumental in making sure the need for the clearinghouse was clear to Nebraska lawmakers. YEAH THIS IDEA TO DO POPSICLE RACE ASHI WCH COLOR WOULD MET MELT THE FASTEST AND I KNOW RED ONE THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING AND EXPLOITED CHILDREN CREATED AN AGE PROGRESSION PHOTO THAT SHOWS WHAT JOE KOWSKI WOULD LOOK LIKE NOW AT THE AGE OF 39 SOMEONE ESDO SOMETHING WE NEED SOMEONE. He appeared to have originally planned on walking to work that day, but called the restaurant to say he would be getting a ride with a coworker. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. I do wonder how often young adult men are sexually assaulted. Thats just hard to fathom. Reading this particular synopsis I was immediately struck with thinking the female coworker he was meeting must know more. His mother founded Project Jason, a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting the families of missing people and publicizing missing person cases, after her son vanished. A subreddit dedicated to the unresolved mysteries of the world. She never saw him and surveillance footage from the school showed that Jolkowski never arrived. This case does get a lot of publicity because Jason Jolkowski was not the typical victim. Jason was described by his parents as considerate and generous, the kind of person who would go out of his way to help others. At the time, he had a job at a local Fazolis fast food restaurant, though he was set to start a new job at a local radio station in mid to late June of 2001. Jason left his parents home around 10:45 am and was last seen by a neighbor setting trash receptacles out by the street. I could also see him thinking he may be late to work and accepting a ride from someone who said they would take him (provided he got to the pickup place a little late and his co worker was not there). There hasnt been any activity on his bank cards or cell phone. I hope his family gets closure one day. That's a long time," said Link. This is one of the most baffling missing persons cases Ive looked into so far, for a few reasons. [5][2][10] In 2005, after lobbying by his parents, "Jason's Law" was passed by Nebraska Legislature, providing for a statewide database on missing persons. When the perpetrator realized Jason wasnt who they thought he was, they killed and obscured his remains to hide their crime. But short of some kind of workplace conspiracy I can't think of what else it could of been. What happened to the Fort Worth Missing Trio? He was studying part-time on a radio broadcasting programme in Iowa, as well as. They are very quiet and secluded residential lanes. Suicide is also a plausible theory but his case doesn't point towards suicide in my opinion. Perhaps some former classmates decided to prank him by lightly brushing him with a car (some sheriff insists that this is the solution to the Tara Calico mystery, but who knows) or threw a bottle at him and the unthinkable happened.