After all, she has long boasted: I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.Rev. jw Thanks, Blondie! I tried to use reasoning but it didn't work: 4 The fact that the word pa-rou-si'a refers to an extended period of time harmonizes with what Jesus said with regard to his presence. ", I asked. 70 Replies Those events occurred over many decades. "The 'slave' class has served as God's sole collective channel for the flow of Biblical truth to men on earth. I am just setting out one of the possibilities. {WT 6}. 8:3) How so? Why do they have to go from one extreme to another? Copyright 2023 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. Published March 6, 2022 8:55 a.m. PST. (2Chron. Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man's existence on earth. friends, Ijust ran across this. 5 Barak and Deborah ended their song with the words: So let all your enemies perish, OJehovah, but let those who love you be like the sun rising in its glory. (Judg. 37:36) Whatever means God uses, his victory will be complete. 24:13. Their organization, being patterned after the first-century Christian congregation, is blessed by Jehovah. Every kingdom of earth will pass away, be swallowed up in anarchy." You should live with fellow Jehovah's Witnesses only. 12-18) Noteworthy is the sentence that says: "Rather than trying to decide whether a certain person, family or group of persons . []. The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that saluting flags, including that of the United States, is tantamount to worshipping a graven image. 2 The Bible shows that the war of Armageddon will save mankind by ending human rule. 346-348 pars. Armageddon is just ahead. That's awful far away. They say the term "God," is merely a title, and that the real name for God is "Jehovah.". To become, i.e. Or will the Witnesses break up into various factions and branches before it even reaches that stage? but this is the central "seven times" framework which apostate Jehovah's witnesses are now trying to "trample" to buried meaninglessness . The account in Luke is admittedly much clearer in putting emphasis on the event, it occurred rather than the days of. For one thing, among Witnesses, the generation idea had a lot more credibility than the 1975 chronology. Scans of the english article were posted here a while back. She has prostituted herself spiritually by forming alliances with earths rulers. All content appearing on this site is owned and maintained by the Fortify Your Faith Foundation, a tax-exempt, not-for-profit, religious corporation as defined under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. In this article, we discuss what Armageddon is, what events will lead up to it, and how we can remain faithful as the end draws near. Copyright 2001-2015 Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum | JW.Org Community Information. Figures increased greatly leading up to 1975 and there was great expectation. What events will lead up to it? At Gods appointed time, those political powers will turn on symbolic Babylon. 10 But who is at the head of this rapidly expanding congregation, you ask? A few weeks later, the Jehovah's Witnesses closed on a $200 million sale of that building to the private equity firm Kayne Anderson Real Estate Advisors, which plans to turn the property into . Yes, sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman. What about Jehovahs loyal servants? Probably just be worrying about whether my teeth will stay in while I'm eating my oatmeal. ', 1889 "In the coming 26 years, all present governments will be overthrown and dissolved." Moreover, the need to revise our understanding somewhat does not make us false prophets or change the fact that we are living in "the last days," soon to experience the "great tribulation" that will pave the way for the earthly Paradise. 18:7,8. ^ par. Let us consider each of these in turn. In what order will God destroy Satans world? This means that 0.236% of Jehovah's Witnesses have died of Covid-19, over 4 times higher than the global rate in August 2021 of 0.051%. You will be interested to learn that God has on earth a people, all of whom are prophets , or witnesses for God. This crazy religion changes doctrine more than some people change underwear. If you found the Watchtower contradicted the Bible which would you believe? (The Watchtower June 1, 1976 pgs. 10 The judgment on the great prostitute. (Read Revelation 17:1,6; 18:24.) Sure, you'd lose some members but I would bet you'd keep more born-ins who view JWism as just another religion. Jehovah's Witnesses state that God's true name is "Jehovah.". The memory of 1975 is still too fresh for many, and they know their critics (us) will quickly sieze upon such mistakes. "-just not so near as before?). 12. And oh yeah! The evidence is clear that Jehovah has used and is continuing to use his one organization, with "the faithful and discreet slave" taking the lead. Or will ordinary Witnesses see through the date setting because of the flood of information on the Internet? Some 90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914. 20:17, 22,23) And he may use his angels to slay the wicked. Was it not founded on the 'immovable' 1914 date? There may be some infighting about this as there was in Franz' day, but some new 'prophet' will need to come forward from among them! Wow long topic title. Amber Scorah writes about exiting the Jehovah's Witnesses in Leaving the Witness. Wherever they are on earth, Gods people will trust in him when the attack is launched (See paragraph13)*. (a)What does the word Armageddon mean? (C.T. (Hebrews 11:7) What about us? Questions From Readers Second Peter 3:10 says: "Jehovah's day will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a hissing noise, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be discovered.". But is it not far preferable to make some mistakes because of overeagerness to see God's purposes accomplished than to be spiritually asleep as to the fulfillment of Bible prophecy? Because that will be 120 years from when the Watchtower was first published. Back in 1998, before I read anything apostate, I was having a conversation with an elderly sister about when the end might come. That great historical event took place in the year 1914, conclusive proof concerning this having already appeared in the . *** 14 True, some expectations that appeared to be backed up by Bible chronology did not materialize at the anticipated time. Eventually the governing body will stomach the idea of promoting 2034 as the possible date for the end (120 years from 1914 - 'just as the days of Noah will the days of the son of man be.'). I asked this question (and I received no answer). (Job 38:22, 23; Ezek. The berating talks, guilt inducing WT studies, pressure from the CO & DOs, placement of MTS grads, none have really worked. She has used her power and influence to exploit her flocks. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions 'in the name of Jehovah.' 16:13,14) That coalition is called Gog of the land of Magog. When the nations launch their attack, they will have arrived at the symbolic place called Armageddon.Rev. Then, at Armageddon, he will destroy the rest of Satans world, including its political, military, and commercial systems. Not from the WT officially, but a conjecture that it is a possible foundation date for the future. As she grew up as a third-generation Jehovah's Witness, there were certain things . (The Finished Mystery, 1917 edition, p. 258), 1917 "It is the Day of Vengeance, which began in the world war of 1914 and which will break like a furious morning storm in 1918." The imperative mood indicates a command, the singular/masculine form suggests the directive was initially to Timothy, the present tense reflects an action in which the young evangelist was to be currently engaged, and the middle voice carries the personal responsibility to turn yourself away from these things. Even the Watchtowers Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures acknowledges the force of the original text by this rendition of the term apotrepou, and these be turning yourself away from.. www.opendialoguemediations.com. What does it mean to obey the good news about our Lord Jesus? The WBTS continued through the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s, to warn that Armageddon was coming near. Therefore, these revisions and changes are themselves fully theocratic, so they do not alter in any way the fully theocratic structure of the organization. There is little surprise that the movement frequently has been dubbed a non-prophet enterprise. It will serve as a signal announcing the great tribulation. Were not the anointed Christians in Thessalonica impatient to see "the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ" and "the day of Jehovah"?2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2.15 There is nothing basically unscriptural in using chronology in efforts to learn "the appointed time" for the fulfillment of God's purposes. -2 Thess. (The Watchtower, March 1, 1922), 1922 '1914 ended the Gentile TimesThe date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scripturesby then the great crisis will be reached and probably passed' (Watchtower Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262), 1923 '1925 is definitely settled by the Scripturesthe Christian has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had (so far as the Scriptures reveal) upon which to base his faith in the coming deluge' (Watchtower April 1, 1923, p. 106), 1925 "The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything." This organization has all the earmarks of just being run by men acting on their own decisions concerning doctrine & policy. (b)What questions will we consider in this article? ;-). Very soon they will be given that opportunity. The abundance of spiritual food and the amazing details of Jehovah's purposes that have been revealed to Jehovah's anointed witnesses are clear evidence that they are the ones mentioned by Jesus when he foretold a "faithful and discreet slave" class that would be used to dispense God's progressive revelations in these last days. The man . Is it just me, or do they swing from one extreme to another? The fact of the matter is, however, the Watchtower folks concede that Christs application was to the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in A.D. 70. 37:2337-Minute Listen. Murderers! Third, as we will see later in this article, the war of Armageddon will begin when the worlds kings attack Gods people, who are scattered throughout the earth. How can we remain faithful as Armageddon draws near? We can benefit from this consideration. 18 Gods anointed servants will soon be able to return the kindness shown them by those of the other sheep. (John 10:16) How so? This way they can simply say that we "read to much" into the explanation given. Note: The tribes of Dan and Ephraim are not included in this list because Dan was guilty of idolatry at Leviticus 24:11; Judges 18:1, 30; and 1 Kings 12:28-30 and Ephraim guilty of idolatry at Hosea 4:17 and Judges 17. 1. We will (1)share in the ministry as long as that is possible, (2)maintain our program of study, and (3)continue to trust in Gods protection. Coming? They could say 2051 as they were given the title of a prophet in 1931 thus 120 years of a witness to the world just a NOAH was a preacher of rightiousness??? They're probably waiting for some newsworthy event to take place and they'll call it a "sign". friends. rutus produceremus solvendus domino pingit emittetis in Hebrew Gematria equals 3532: r 80 u 200 t 100 u 200 s 90 0 p 60 r 80 o 50 d 4 u 200 c 3 e 5 r 80 e 5 m 30 u 200 s 90 0 s 90 o 50 l 20 v 700 e 5 n 40 d 4 u 200 s 90 0 d 4 o 50 m 30 i 9 n 40 o 50 0 p 60 i 9 n 40 g 7 i 9 t 100 0 e 5 m 30 i 9 t 100 t 100 e 5 t 100 i 9 s in Hebrew Gematria equals 3532: r 80 u 200 t 100 . In what important way will the war of Armageddon differ from the battle that Barak fought? THE WATCHTOWERSTUDY EDITION September2019, The WatchtowerStudy Edition| September2019. Jesus statement helps to correct the wrong idea conveyed in the way some Bible versions mistranslate the word presence. Some translations render it coming, advent, or return, all of which imply a momentary event in time. It wasn't clearly subjected at all but, as usual, they used their twisted words Tour de Garde du 15 Dcembre 2003 Extraits: " 6 : "Aux jours de No, Jhovah a dclar " Mon esprit n'agira pas envers l'homme indfiniment, puisqu'il est galement chair. 20 Think how thrilled you will be when Babylon the Great is gone and when Armageddon is over! They will then be part of the heavenly armies that will crush Gog and safeguard a great crowd of sheeplike ones. In December, the 2021 Governing Body Update #10 announced that 25,658 Jehovahs Witnesses have died due to Covid 19. 6. This calculation is based in the year 1914 as the begining of the last days plus the. Aussi ses jours se monteront-ils cent vint ans." It's not like they haven't done this before. 2048 BCE-2034: Restrictive Banding: Iron: Under Strongest Divine Ban (Jude1:6) Future World Judgment: . The December 15, 2003 Watchtower article is paralleling Noah's day to our present day. Megiddo was a city in ancient Israel. Why, for instance, were there actually more pioneers (% wise) in the late 1980s than leading up to 1975? There you have two lines of evidence that support the same conclusion. Jehovah's Witnesses, however, expected that the . Final Prophecy Cycle Timeline Images; . (Watchtower 1925, p. 56), 1940 The Kingdom is here, the King is enthroned. They sang: From heaven the stars fought . by Nicolas 2. I have a suggestion about what might happen to Witnesses in the future. We can take the prophetic time, and time-and-a-half, apply it to the preaching work done by Noah to come up with a parallel even realized by the inspection. 19:11, 14,15) But what about Jehovahs chief enemy, Satan, whose lying propaganda led the nations to Armageddon? 4 Why did Jehovah connect the final great war with Megiddo? Jehovah's Witnesses Sources of Authority (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literal, figurative, intensive, etc. Nevertheless, the proclamation will be just another demon-inspired lie. (Daniel 12:4) How should we respond to warnings we have been given? Fred Franz managed to publish more definite statements about 1975 than the other members would have liked. 3. Zoning, tax questions. World. In fact they go so far as to say that unless one calls on the true name of God, "Jehovah," one cannot be saved. We can imagine how the world will respond. Would you like to read this article in %%? 1993 3/22 Why So Many False Alarms? The Jehovah's Witnesses website provides details on the 1.7 million-square-foot project, known as the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Voil prs de 90 ans, depuis 1914 , que nous vivons les derniers jours de ce systme de choses.". A quarter of a century ago I filed a copy of the Watchtower magazine (published and distributed by the Jehovahs Witnesses).