Lafayette High School Presents: School House Rock; September 2021. Jump Start Summer December 30 . Use the top navigation to find past season schedules, scores, rosters and more. 7th Grade Girls Basketball Fall Short to Central Catholic. During his time at LHS, Mr. Figaro was a linebacker and earned All-State MVP honors and was named a USA Today High School All-American. Scott Herpst is sports editor for the Walker County Messenger in LaFayette, Ga., and Catoosa County News in Ringgold, Ga. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. Mr. Figaro is a graduate of Lafayette High School. Martial F. Billeaud He then signed a scholarship with Notre Dame, where he played for Gerry Faust and Lou Holtz. On the day Tilley nearly died, it was on the sideline while coaching, and it was the place he wanted to return to after regaining consciousness rather than exit Michigan City's Ames Field in the back of an ambulance. Tournament Game. It's not the first time Clevenger has been in a situation where someone needed cardiopulmonary resuscitation. on demand Nov 10, 2022 12:55 PM PST. Coverage of local high schools, UL, LSU, Saints, and more.? I don't want to miss anything about my daughter's senior year. Danville High School has hired former Berea and Bryan Station coach Frank Parks as the new head coach of its 11-time state championship Admirals football program. We thank him for his leadership of Rambler Football over these past three years.". I love them. On 11/18, the Lafayette varsity football team lost their neutral playoff game against Lake Taylor (Norfolk, VA) by a score of 27-20. Lafayette High's principal Rachel Brown andathletic director Tim Lemaire both declined to comment on Pool not returning in 2020. Live Oak Mike Jordan. Ernest Gallet Eric Narcisse covers high school sports for The Daily Advertiser. Invalid password or account does not exist. Hometown/High School Major; 2: Nahjee Adams: Jr. RB: 5-11: 198: Easton, Pa. / Easton: The Liberal Arts: 5: A.T. Ntantang: Sr. DB . STM escaped ASH 44-35, while Huntington battled but Lafayette survived 51-41 . William D. Snyder (born October 7, 1939) is a retired college football coach and former player. "He created that passion and excitement back in our community and our kids. During a second tenure at Ole Miss Werner was hired by then-Rebel head coach Ed Orgeron in 2006 and was on staff for two seasons he oversaw both Bo Wallace and Chad Kelly. Full Bio. Assistant Coach(es) Matthew Ference: Varsity Assistant Coach Brett Fischer: Varsity Assistant Coach Adam Hicks: LAFAYETTE, La. Everything seemed fine until Dunkle heard a ruckus from the sideline. That passion is what led Pat Shanley to hire Tilley away from Twin Lakes' staff this season. Men's Basketball Coaching Staff. After a successful career playing and coaching in the National Football League (NFL) and NFL-Europe, Mr. Figaro returned to high school athletics as both a head coach and assistant coach. The former Purdue defensive back will coach running backs in Ryan Walters' first season as Boilermaker head coach. The Bronchos have had 13 different players score this season. Category: Preps. It is bigger than football with him. Rushing: Josiah Ullom (21 car., 223 yards, 2 TD). Charles M. Burke Coaches vs. Cancer Tournament: Win: 48 - 34: 3/1/2016: Class 5 District 7 Tournament: Win: 71 - 63: 1/22/2016: But it (lack of success) wasn't from a lack of effort or a lack of detail. The Coaches Clinic is a three-day event from April 13-15 for high school coaches across the country to interact with the LSU Football staff, watch practices, hear from top minds of the game and . "I remember walking to the sideline and the next thing I know, I am in the ambulance and I told the guy, hey, I am fine, leave me alone. It was Bullitt Easts first winning season since 2014 and included its first playoff win since 2013. My daughter is going to be a senior next school year, and it's about spending more family time," Ellis said. Watch Later. My dad was a vet, so I wanted to pay homage," Tilley said Monday. The Lafayette Parish School System is excited to announce that Mr. Cedric Figaro has been selected as the new head football coach of Lafayette High School Mighty Lions football team. "My son has a lot to learn," Cedric said. She is there for those boys and those coaches," Tilley said. We also redid the logo and uniforms and that stuff is a big deal to kids, who want to wear something nice.". In both 2016 and 2018, the Lions went 3-7. Fayette County Public Schools is committed to student-athlete success and competitive excellence by creating an inclusive environment that develops and retains quality people, provides a great fan experience, inspires community engagement, and serves as a source of pride for Lexington. The LHSAA and LHSCA invite all member school principals and coaches to make nominations of deserving coaches, athletes, administrators, officials, and athletic contributors for consideration into the Hall of Fame. The big point is that LJ won the FB game. With more than 36 years of coaching experience at the collegiate level, Werner will bring his knowledge to the Commodores quarterback room. Along with a handful of stints as a prep assistant coach, Figaro previously served as the head coach at Vermilion Catholic (2000-02), St. Bernard (2003-04) and South Plaquemines (12-14). The Lafayette Parish School System is excited to announce that Mr. Cedric Figaro has been selected as the new head football coach of Lafayette High School Mighty Lions football team. Full Bio. "I came from a good job and then I got (to LaFayette) and it was the same thing. HOME 2-2 AWAY 2-3 NEUTRAL 0-1. . Classic Rock 105.1 FM is the home for Lafayette Christian Academy football. My coaches are fantastic and I have absolutely nothing negative to say. We are one of the largest school districts in Louisiana, with over 4,000 employees serving over 30,000 students. Watch Later. A well wishes message sent to Tilley the following day was replied to with, "Thank you for your concern. I've been in those situations, but never with someone I really knew. Figaro was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the sixth round of the 1988 NFLd draft. I just need to step down and slow down a bit. One thing that doesn't change, though, is that it's about the kids. He got his first head coaching job a year later at LCA at the age of 24. ", "If Clev wasn't there, who knows what would have happened.". There was a problem saving your notification. Paul Ellis stepped down on Friday as the new head football coach at LaFayette High School. The state tournament gets underway Wednesday in Rupp Arena. James Figaro played for the Lions in the early 1980s, earning All-American honors and a scholarship to Notre Dame. We just didn't get the job done. Snyder initially retired from the position from 2006 to 2008 before being rehired. He is happy-go-lucky and we are happy to see him back and doing well.". When Rob Pool uprooted his life to move to Louisiana in 2016 for an opportunity to serve as a high school head football coach, he did so with the utmost belief that he could turn Lafayette High's program around. "I've been blessed. This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Times Free Press, Inc. Material from the Associated Press is Copyright 2023, Associated Press and may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. A statement has been put out by the LCA Administration - and confirmed to me by LCA President Jay Miller - that says Faulk will "explore opportunities that he feels he needs to pursue now" and that "his family is staying at LCA.". Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Edward J. Sam Accelerated School of Lafayette, download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software, Lafayette High School Names New Head Football Coach. Address. Lafayette High School . What he preaches, he also lives. Last year saw the Ramblers go 4-6 overall, but 4-3 in their first season in Region 6-AAA, earning themselves a fourth-place finish and the program's first postseason berth in 27 years. Lafayette . He was advised to go home and return only when tests proved he was healthy enough to handle it. Coach Miller served as an assistant football coach at the University of Missouri from 1982-1989. LPSS is a public education institution for children in grades PreK-12. Hometown / High School Major; 0: Ryan Pettit: Fr. Trev Faulk has resigned as football coach at Lafayette Christian Academy. There are some good young kids here. The AP will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions therefrom or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing. Football Practice (Football Field & Practice Field) All Day Event. Carroll High School -- Bell Schedule; Student Handbook; Carroll High School Boundary Map; Closings, Delays and E-Learning Information; CHS Staff Directory; Daily School Announcements. I just wish we could have won a few more games for the kids and the community, but that's all on me.". Ellis informed his coaching staff early Friday before meeting with his players later that morning. His Wildcat teams made the playoffs 12 times in his 14 seasons as head coach and claimed six regions championships. S.J. Lafayette High School. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, http://dss.louisiana.gov/page/109, Powered by Campus Suite(opens in new window). Attendance Fax 859-381-4021 Counseling Fax 859-381-4950 Lafayette Fax 859-381-3487 401 Reed Lane. OVERALL 1-8 0.11 Win % LEAGUE 0-0 7thSection 6 C - North. "He helped bring back that excitement to Friday Night football," she said. Sacks: Zachary Yuill (2), Jacob Scowden (2). . - Less than a week after the Lafayette Christian Academy Knights lost in a thriller on the biggest stage of Louisiana high school football in the Division II Select State Championship Game, their head football coach is resigning.Trev Faulk, who has been the head coach at LCA for the past two seasons and has been a coach with the program for seven seasons that included six . MONROE, La. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. HOME 1-3 AWAY 0-4 NEUTRAL 0-1. "He wll be greatly missed on the Rambler sideline," the release stated. As Tilley was being whisked away once he came to, he requested returning to the sideline to coach. Dan Werner will be back on a football field in Oxford this fall this time at the high school level. Scott is the 37th head coach of the Ramblers, dating back to 1923. 262 talking about this. "He had the gray face. We have used your information to see if you have a subscription with us, but did not find one. Associate Head Coach. STEM Academy His sons TJ and Jaimason play for the Knights. Lafayette has named Scott Finley as its new football coach. Trev Faulk, who has been the head coach at LCA for the past two seasons and has been a coach with the program for seven seasons that included six straight trips to the state title game, informed the school's administration and his players on Monday of his decision. Figaro then led St. Bernard to the playoffs for the first time in his second and final season at the helm, and South Plaquemines made the playoffs every season under his direction. Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments. Computer Technician. Ossun 10:30 AM-11:45 AM. St. Thomas More High School is home to champion athletes on and off the field. At Acadiana under Matt McCullough, Figaro was part of a coaching staff that led the Wreckin' Rams to their first undefeated season and first state championship since 2014. (ST. JOSEPH, Mo) The Lafayette Irish announcing their new football head coach on Tuesday. Having all the knowledge is a start, but you also need to have the charisma to motivate your team when they have had a difficult game or practice. Alice Boucher Stultz added that she supported Ellis's decision and thanked him for helping get the program back on track, adding that he "had a heart for the Ramblers". The Lions haven't produced a winning season since 2006 and have not made the playoffs since 2012. Faulk There was no shortage of quality coaches out there.. That's from the bottom of my heart. The Florida High School Athletic association announced the new metro and suburban football classifications for the 2022-2023 and 2023-24 school years. Duson That's why it's so tough. I want to say thanks to all the town and school for having me and treating me so well. On 9/30, the Lafayette varsity football team won their home non-conference game against St. Martinville (LA) by a score of 44-41. Principal @Lafayette High School. 2022 Virginia High School Football Playoff Brackets: VHSL Class 3. I do not know what the future holds for me, but I have faith there is a plan.. STEM Academy, Truman Early Childhood Education Center L. Leo Judice Whether it's talking to players, parents or administration, words of high praise and admiration have often been used to describe him. All rights reserved. Follow him on Twitter @youngsports22. Varsity Boys Football. Email him at sking@jconline.com and follow him on Twitter and Instagram @samueltking. Harry Ostro coached football at Brooklyn's Lafayette High in the 1940s, was also the gym teacher and taught the legendary pitcher Sandy Koufax. Lafayette Jeff was one of the schools at the forefront of that thinking back in the 1980s. He had spent his entire coaching career in Alabama before coming to LaFayette. That's what drew Tilley in more than three decades ago and it's what keeps him involved now, even when he looked lifeless on an August night in Michigan City. "My hope Is that we moved the program forward," he explained. Your e-mail address will be used to confirm your account. Carencro Heights Lafayette (Wildwood) High School 11-Man Football Coaches . "I tried to open his airway and check for a pulse. Offensive Coordinator, RB and Special Teams Coach Head Basketball Coach Track and Field Coach Social Studies and Religion Teacher All at Catholic High School of New Iberia - "It's just hard because I love everything about LaFayette. On 10/7, the Lafayette varsity football team lost their home conference game against Carencro (Lafayette, LA) by a score of 40-30. Varsity Football. Mr. Figaro is a graduate of Lafayette High School. by Williamsburg. Christy Brock-Johnson. Werner had been the quarterbacks coach at South Carolina for two seasons before being let go in December 2019. It's a passion that began in 1992 when former McCutcheon head coach Don Coller coaxed a young teacher in the hallway to join the football staff and Tilley has been enamored in teaching the game ever since. After reaching out to Trev Faulk, he has responded with the following message: I just want to thank the Administration, faculty, staff, parents, supporters, coaches and most importantly the players for an incredible experience leading the program. Get Connected. Please disable your ad blocker, whitelist our site, or purchase a subscription. Nearly 2 years of exploration, decision making, and planning have gone into the process that ultimately became what we believe to be the best decision for our Commodores as we continue our journey at LHS. Louisiana has produced some of the best pro athletes in the world, especially in Acadiana. 2022 VHSL Football Regional. Corporal Michael Middlebrook The news comes as a surprise to the sports community as the former Lafayette High and LSU standout who has coached at Vermilion Catholic, Northside High, and LCA is a beloved member of the community. March 2, 2023 at 1:14 p.m. EVERETT - David Andrews made sure to get plenty of scouting reports on Bill O'Brien before meeting him recently. It's going to be exciting.". He is a leader of men. Start: But kids are kids. It wasn't a requirement or even a preference when Lafayette High was searching for its next football coach, but familiarity with the school was certainly "a bonus," said Lions athletic director Tim Lemaire. Lafayette High School hired the former Ole Miss offensive coordinator to serve as the . Ellis went 12-18 in three seasons with the Ramblers. Mar 24, 2023, 5:30 PM Thankfulness and blessings to this school and community and kids. However a five-game losing streak to end the season including losses to New Iberia and first-year program Southside ultimately wrecked the Lions season. Whoever Lafayette chooses to take the reins will take over a team that hasnt won more than three games a year over the past five seasons and went 2-9 last fall. Do you like or dislike the Ole Miss helmets designed by Realtree, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Gallery: Oxford downs Lafayette 9-1 in first game of Crosstown Classic Series, Late comeback bid falls short as Lafayette falls to West Jones in semifinals, Ole Misss Angel Baker and Madison Scott earn SEC accolades, OHS girls powerlifting wins North Half for first time in school history. Lafayette High School; Coaches and Team Roster; Football. Other questions:subscriberservices@theadvocate.com. 757Teamz top moments from the 2022 high school football season. He added that he planned to continue to teach at LHS throughout the remainder of the current school year. ", Email James Bewers at jbewers@theadvocate.com. Invite Head Coach. 4. Steve Blackmon. That should be every coach's goal is to have good men in your program.". During his time at LHS, Mr. Figaro was a linebacker and earned All-State MVP honors and was named a USA Today High School All-American. "Ws are Ws. Were all nasty dudes. Opening-night mismatches set table for epic 11th Region semis. He had been head coach of the Trojans . Woodvale, Paul Breaux 11:19 PM, Feb 17, 2023. Lafayette back in hunt for football coach after recently named Atchley steps down. Motivate your players to achieve better results. Your purchase was successful, and you are now logged in. "We have made some improvements here," Pool said. I am just glad we were there.". Your school is full of amazing students, teachers and leaders and I know this decision will not change the relationships I forged with your school community years ago as a brand new teacher. Ellis went 12-18 in three seasons with the Ramblers. He then continued his academic and athletic career at the University of Notre Dame, where he earned a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and received All-American recognition. | Updated March 5, 2021 at 8:50 p.m. Citing family reasons, LaFayette High School football coach Paul Ellis announced he is stepping down after a three-year run that included leading the Ramblers to their first appearance in the GHSA playoffs in 27 years. Receiving: Asa Koeppen (7 rec., 208 yards, 5 TD), Abram Ritchie (9 rec., 199 yards, 4 TD). Welcome to the Lafayette Football team feed. "His experience as a player in all three levels high school, college and professional along with his coaching experiences, he's been able to work with some pretty good coaches. Four different players have accounted for the Bearcats' touchdowns this season. . Tabb hires John Byron, a former Lafayette assistant, as football coach in hopes of returning Tigers to prominence. Lafayette passed the ball a whopping 74 times. This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software. ". Lafayette High School hired the former Ole Miss offensive coordinator to serve as the Commodores new quarterbacks coach. "I get a chance to resurrect my high school, make it the winner that it should be," Figaro said. J.W. We owe it to the kids to make sure we get a good plan in place so that the season progresses, the principal said. Citing family reasons, LaFayette High School football coach Paul Ellis announced he is stepping down after a three-year run that included leading the Ramblers to their first appearance in the GHSA . Prairie "Fundamentally, every school corporation has to think of the players' safety and the coaches' safety. An email message containing instructions on how to reset your password has been sent to the e-mail address listed on your account. Leaders (through three games) - Passing: Trenton French (18-46, 273 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT). "I love coaching. Lemaire confirmed Friday that Acadiana defensive line coach and athletic director Cedric Figaro has been hired as Lafayette's new football coach. 205 LaFayette Avenue. In five seasons with Lexington Christian, Atchleys record of 48-16 included a 12-1 mark in 2016 derailed only by an eventual state finalist.