Since formation in 1998, organisations such as the Lee Enfield Rifle Association have assisted in not just preserving rifles in shooting condition (many LeeEnfields are being deactivated and sold as "wall-hangers" to collectors who do not hold a Firearms Licence in countries where they are required), but holding events and competitions. Forum ~Angel~s Match Making Serivice on MILSURPS.COM athttps://www.milsurps.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48, NRA American Rifleman video on YouTube about a No. In the late 1960s, RSAF Enfield entered the commercial market by producing No. On Flikr thereare somealbums of official photos posted by Gary Blakeley. "SSA" and "NRF" markings are sometimes encountered on First World War-dated SMLE Mk III* rifles. $50 Upper wood Only . I wooden chests. ARES Kar98K Sniper Airsoft Classic Rifle - Steel Version with Scope and Mount (Spring Power) $629.99. However, it is ultimately the responsibility of the buyer to be in compliance of laws that govern their specific location. The Howard Francis self-loading carbine was a conversion of a No. The design was born from the existing Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk 1(T)/No.4 Mk 1*(T) bolt-action rifles used in the sniper role during the World War 2 period (1939-1945). We will give you the real logistic information, and we guarantee one week after your received your parcel refund. 4 Mk1*(T) sniper rifle. Ishapore 2A and Ishapore 2A1 receivers are made with improved (EN) steel (to handle the increased pressures of the 7.6251mm round)[86] and the extractor is redesigned to suit the rimless cartridge. Later on when Avrakotos asked Michael Vickers to revamp their strategy, he stopped the Enfield system and, with the large amounts of money available thanks to Charlie Wilson, replaced them with a mix of modern weapons like AK-47s and mortars. Part of that program was an attempt to develop a new sniper rifle on the L8 platform. I introduced in 1942, the Mk. I (T) with 1 Canadian Parachute battalion in the 6th Airborne Division. Our Assessment: This is a rare Enfield No4 Mk1 (T) sniper rifle. lee enfield magazine for smle rifle caliber .303. A five-round .22 cal Parker-Hiscock magazine was also developed and in service for a relatively short period during the later period of the First World War, but was subsequently withdrawn from issue due to reliability problems with its quite complicated loading and feeding mechanisms. [57], Numbers of LeeEnfield rifles were converted to .22 calibre training rifles,[58] in order to teach cadets and new recruits the various aspects of shooting, firearms safety, and marksmanship at a markedly reduced cost per round. If a rifle from two British plants was more accurate than average, it was set aside for No.4 (T) conversion. Click & Collect. Need a 303 British jungle carbine scope mount We have them in stock for sale at low prices. [88][89] Also contributing to the total was the Rifle Factory Ishapore (RFI) at Ishapore in India, which continued to produce the SMLE in both .303 and 7.6251mm NATO until the 1980s, and is still manufacturing a sporting rifle based on the SMLE Mk III action, chambered for a .315 calibre cartridge,[90] the Birmingham Small Arms Company factory at Shirley near Birmingham, and SAF Lithgow in Australia, who finally discontinued production of the SMLE Mk III* with a final 'machinery proving' batch of 1000 rifles in early 1956, using 1953-dated receivers. It was hoped that a propellant with a lower burning temperature would be an improvement, but the onset of the First World War in 1914 ended development before a suitable propellant could be found. [14] Top-notch accuracy is difficult to achieve with the LeeEnfield design,[39] as it was intended to be a battle rifle rather than a sharpshooter's weapon,[39] and thus the Enfield is nowadays overshadowed by derivatives of Paul Mauser's design as a target shooting arm. Unmodified muskets require handloading of ammunition, as the .410 Indian Musket cartridge was not commercially distributed and does not appear to have been manufactured since the 1950s. Lee Enfield No.4 MK.2 -4 piece Set with Grooved Rear Upper Wood. 5 was first issued to the British 1st Airborne Division and used during its liberation of Denmark and Norway in 1945. I purchased a No. Made of Matte Black, Glass-Filled Nylon. showing a cased L42A1 whilst talking about the No. II in 1943 which offered side adjustments in finer 1 MOA increments, and finally the Mk. 15 Mk. This means that final headspace is not achieved until the bolt handle is turned down all the way. Enfield rifle parts accessories for No1, Mk3, .303, .308, No4, Mk1, Mk2, Mk5. These design features facilitate rapid cycling and fire compared to other bolt-action designs like the Mauser. Our WW2 SMLE rifles are either of 1939-45 manufacture, or are earlier rifles that have been armoury refurbished, and re-stamped. Sadly Peter Braidwood died less than a week after I tookthis photo. LEE ENFIELD (B GRADE) SMLE NO1 MK3 FRONT HANDGUARD SET BAND RECESS 2MM OVERSIZE. These rifles were designated as the No. Savage-made LeeEnfield No. It was replaced by the Accuracy International AW (as the L96A1) in 1985.. 32 MK. The Royal Canadian Air Force also used these as a survival rifle in the remote parts of Canada. Good for wall hanger or budget collector. In the stowed position, a fixed distance aperture battle sight calibrated for 300yd (274m) protruded saving further precious seconds when laying the sight to a target. I (T) sniper rifles in 19411942 at RSAF Enfield. [70] Production of this model was 19441946 and a few in 1950 to 1953. The new rifle also incorporated a charger loading system,[23][full citation needed] another innovation borrowed from the Mauser rifle and notably different from the fixed "bridge" that later became the standard: a charger clip (stripper clip) guide on the face of the bolt head. Walnut Semi Finish..Set $125 (Same as Picture Above) #2 British Lee Enfield #1 MK 1. In the early 1930s, a batch of 2,500 No. (There are minor errors e.g. - Smooth Bolt Pull. 2 pistols (versions of the Browning High Power Model 35). A plug was welded in place forward of the chamber, and a window was cut in the side of the barrel. The first and third albums are of John Inglis Company which made Browning Machine Guns, Bren Guns and No. In Iraq and Egypt, the LeeEnfield was replaced by the Kalashnikov as the standard issue rifle in the Armed Forces by the late 1950s, and in Police Forces by the late 1970s. These unusual rifles have something of a mysterious service history, but represent a missing link in SMLE development. The LeeEnfield rifle was derived from the earlier LeeMetford, a mechanically similar black-powder rifle, which combined James Paris Lee's rear-locking bolt system that had a barrel featuring rifling designed by William Ellis Metford. It started out as an . [87] The original 2,000 yards (1,800m) rear sight arm was found to be suitable for the ballistics of the 7.6251mm, which is around 10% more powerful and equates to a flatter trajectory than that of the .303 British MkVII ammunition, so it was a simple matter to think of the 2,000 as representing metres rather than yards. [14] LeeEnfield rifles are used by reserve forces and police forces in many Commonwealth countries, including Malawi. 4 series rifles that were converted to 7.62 mm NATO were re-designated as the L8 series of rifles with the rifles being refitted with 7.62 mm NATO barrels, new bolt faces and extractor claws, new rear sights and new 10-round 7.62 mm NATO magazines that were produced by RSAF Enfield to replace the old 10-round .303 British . [78] Similar developments were the South African Rieder automatic rifle and the New Zealand and Australian Charlton automatic rifles. Was A$50.00, US40.00, OUT OF PRINT An Armourer's Perspective: .303 No.4(T) SNIPER RIFLE and the Holland & Holland Connection' Laidler & Skennerton The P14's principal combat use during World War I was as a sniper rifle, since it was found to be more accurate than the Short Magazine Lee-Enfield, either in standard issue form or with modified "fine-adjustment" aperture rearsights designated Pattern 1914 Mk I W (F) and Pattern 1914 Mk I* W (F) or, from April 1918, Aldis Pattern 1918 . Not everyone agrees on the totals, but that is due to lack of complete archival records. 2.Because of its stable and reliable performance and affordable price, this gun is very popular whether it is in the real world or in games. By placing an order, the buyer represents that he/she is in compliance with the law and will utilize the items in a lawful manner. I* (T) sniper rifles. 4 SMLE. Australia and India retained and manufactured the SMLE Mk III* as their standard rifle during the conflict, and the rifle remained in Australian military service through the Korean War, until it was replaced by the L1A1 SLR in the late 1950s. I and converted to sniper equipment by Royal Small Arms Factory Enfield early in 1942. KTW Lee Enfield No.4 Sniper Airsoft Classic Rifle (Spring Power) $1,219.00. 4 Mk2 rifles), L8A1 (T) rifles (converted No .4 Mk 1 (T) rifles),[80] L8A2 rifles (converted No. The Lee-Enfield No. II and Mk. The Rieder automatic rifle was an automatic (full automatic only) LeeEnfield SMLE rifle of South African origin. There should be a stamp on the top left rear receiver boss with a crown over D6, E. This is the Holland and Holland factory inspection mark. I found the scope in the USA and he worked a trade and his set is now matching. GRI stands for "Georgius Rex, Imperator" (Latin for 'King George, Emperor (of India)', denoting a rifle made during the British Raj. I A (a transitional model), Mk. The left side of the stock collar is marked with the serial number and "C 23". Seller: enfield-stuff. A matched set is much more valuable and is a better shooter,. 32 . P14 Enfield Rifle. The Howell automatic rifle was the first attempt to convert the LeeEnfield SMLE into a semi-automatic rifle. $15.00 to $225.00. All British and Savage-made sniper rifles were built on No.4 Mk1 actions ("number four mark one"). I rifles were converted at Royal Small Arms Factory Enfield. 1 (T) sniper rifle which was arguably the best sniper rifle of the war. 4 marks, in the hope of increasing sales of a rifle that had little U.S. market penetration. 4 Mk. Long Branch Training Rifle (non-firing). A37339, WITH ACCESSORIES, by Holts . In the UK, the single-shot .22 calibre Rifle No. 1 Mk. 4 Mk 2 . The primary distinguishing feature of the No. [45] The L42A1 sniper rifle continued as the British Army's standard sniper weapon being phased out by 1993, and replaced by Accuracy International's L96. $12.00. 2 Mk. A British sniper takes aim with his No. So far I and others have managed to match-up over half a dozen sets. Deactivated G Code Kar 98 Rifle SN. 4 rifle bayonet lugs) and magazine. 4 Mk1 rifles), and L8A5 rifles (converted No. It started life as a mundane postwar No. *Estimated delivery dates - opens in a new window or tab include seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. [27][26][28] The windage adjustment of the rear sight was also dispensed with, and the cocking piece was changed from a round knob to a serrated slab. 14.00. [34], In 1926, the British Army changed its nomenclature; the SMLE became known as the Rifle No. In 1914, Enfield produced complete .22 barrels and bolts specifically for converting .303 units, and these soon became the most common conversion. The LeeEnfield or Enfield[9] is a bolt-action, magazine-fed repeating rifle that served as the main firearm of the military forces of the British Empire and Commonwealth during the first half of the 20th century, and was the British Army's standard rifle from its official adoption in 1895 until 1957. With British Snipers to the Reich some photos, Long Branch Scout Snipers Rifle 1943-1944, German M.G. 4 Mk 1 (T) rifles nor was there any consistent accuracy between those rifles that had been chosen for conversion, while the regular L8 rifles gave a better performance but with little or no improvement over .303in weapons; consequently, the conversion programme was abandoned and what was now known as the Ministry of Defence was forced to expand the issue of L1A1 rifles to non-frontline units. Some captured from the Resistance were used by the pro-Nazi French militia, This page was last edited on 1 March 2023, at 19:31. 3.Range 35-50 feet, bolt-acting structure, shell ejection by pulling bolt. OEM Replacement Parts - Surplus Rifles - Lee-Enfield - Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk IV, sfn error: no target: CITEREFWilson2007 (, sfn error: no target: CITEREFSkennerton2001 (, Modern Warfare, Published by Mark Dartford, Marshall Cavendish (London) 1985. Numerous attempts have been made to convert the various single-shot .410 shotgun models to a bolt-action repeating model by removing the wooden magazine plug and replacing it with a standard 10-round SMLE magazine. [67][68], In Britain, a .22RF version of the No.5 rifle was prototyped by BSA and trialled with a view to it becoming the British Service training rifle when the .303" CF No.5 was initially mooted as being a potential replacement for the No.4 rifle. Rifles converted by them are marked with a tiny Enfield examinersstamp on the top of the front scope pad and NO S51 stamp on the underside of the butt stock. [72] Commercial gunsmiths in Australia and Britain converted both MkIII and No. Notice lightening cuts in fore end and butt. Phone . 32 3.5 telescopic sight. 1 MK. Original WWII Dated British Enfield Web Khaki Sling with Brass Fittings, British WWI & WWII SMLE Enfield Rifle Leather Sling, British P-1903 Leather Five Pocket Bandolier, P1903, Pattern 1903, British Lee-Enfield SMLE Butt Stock Brass Marking Disc with Screw, British Colonial Enfield P-1853 Rifle and P-1864 Snider Rifle Brown Leather Sling, British Victorian White Buff Leather Sling for Martini-Henry, Lee-Metford and Enfield Rifles, British WWII Standard Spike Bayonet Scabbard, British .303 Enfield P1903 1st Model SMLE Bayonet, British Enfield SMLE Steel Bayonet Scabbard for No. I wish to thank the many collectors and museums who have granted me access to photograph their items. Virtually indestructible, this stock is great for hunting. Easy "Drop-In" installation and no gunsmithing required. produced a conversion kit comprising a new 7.62 mm barrel, magazine, extractor and ejector for commercial sale. [14], During both World Wars and the Korean War, a number of LeeEnfield rifles were modified for use as sniper rifles. A shorter and lighter version of the original MLEthe famous Rifle, Short, Magazine, Lee-Enfield, or SMLE (sometimes spoken as "Smellie", rather than S, M, L, E) [7] was introduced on 1 January 1904. 4 Mk 1 Mk 2 Mk 5. [33], Due to the poor performance of the .303 British cartridge during the Second Boer War from 1899 to 1902, the British attempted to replace the round and the LeeEnfield rifle that fired it. Only wartime dated Long Branch No.4 Mk1* ("number four mark one star") receivers were converted to sniper rifles. The Rifle Factory Ishapore at Ishapore in India produced the Mk III* in .303 British, and then the model 2A, with strength increased by heat treatment of the receiver and bolt to fire 7.6251mm NATO ammunition, retaining the 2,000-yard rear sight as the metric conversion of distance was very close to the flatter trajectory of the new ammunition. Private Peter Braidwood parachuted into Normandy carrying a No. SAF Lithgow, in Australia, produced shotguns based on the MkIII action under the "Slazenger" name, chambering the common commercial .410 shotgun shell. 4 Mk I (T) and No. Some were later modified with special adaptors to enable magazine loading. ARES Kar98K Sniper Airsoft Classic Rifle - Steel Version (Spring Power) $499.99. 4 Mk 2 rifle, the British refurbished many of their No. NFB is National Film Board of Canada which did a lot of documentary film work. [14] The design of the handguards and the magazine were also improved and the chamber was adapted to fire the new Mk VII high velocity spitzer .303 ammunition. Standard Magazine Cheek Piece, Recoil pad 1 Inch Extension, With Hand guard. . Shown is the U.S. Bayonet M1905 affixed to the 1903 Springfield Rifle and the U.S. Bayonet M1917 affixed to the Model 12 Winchester Trenchgun (12 gauge pump shotgun). [54] The telescopic sight had a field of view of 8 degrees 20 minutes and featured a bullet drop compensation range drum on top of the sight graduated in 50 yards (45.7m) increments from 0 to 1,000 yards (914m). A rifle in Scotland, bought out of the USA. The L42A1 Enfield sniper rifle was born in 1970 as an arsenal conversion of the venerable .303 caliber Lee-Enfield No. 5 Mk I). In the 1920s, a series of experiments were carried out to help with these problems, resulting in design changes which reduced the number of complex parts and refining manufacturing processes. [45] With the introduction of the No. 4 Mk. They were supplied to the UK under the Lend-Lease programme during the Second World War. The main difference between the two conversions was in the cartridge ejection arrangement; the Enfield magazine carried a hardened steel projection that struck the rim of the extracted case to eject it, the Sterling system employed a spring-loaded plunger inserted into the receiver wall. Two of the photos in Small Arms Ltd., Company Photo Album show sniper rifles. Original item NOT A REPRODUCTION! Nepalese Police constables may also be usually seen equipped with SMLE rifles. Lee-Enfield Mk.I ('Long Tom') 3 item; Lee-Metford Mk.II 1 item; Mauser 1898 14 item; Mosin-Nagant . The Indian Army phased them out in 199092, replacing them with AKM-type rifles (see Indo-Russia Rifles). The rifle used a magazine and bolt system . 4 Mk. The results of the trials that were conducted on the L8 series rifles were mixed; the L8A1 (T) rifles fired test groups that bore no relation to those fired while they were still No. Khyber Pass copy rifles cannot generally stand up to the pressures generated by modern commercial ammunition,[97] and are generally considered unsafe to fire under any circumstances.[14]. 4-based 7.6251mm rifles for sale. The Australian Army modified 1,612[52] Lithgow SMLE No. I (T. LESS TELESCOPE) rifles, being already 80% converted, are the easiest to finish off though they would not be properly collimated (i.e. The 757mm Mauser rounds fired from the Mauser Model 1895 rifle had a higher velocity, flatter trajectory and longer range, making them superior for the open plains of South Africa. Collectors need to be especially careful when purchasing No. In Jordan, the LeeEnfield was in use with the Police and Gendarmerie until 1971, and with the Armed Forces until 1965. I pistol. 2 Mk. $100 For Butt only * Finishing services available. 4 Mk I* in 1942, with the bolt release catch replaced by a simpler notch on the bolt track of the rifle's receiver. I (T) Rifle serial number C37776 ? All orders are subject to acceptance by IMA Inc, which reserves the right to refuse any order. Area Code: 253. NEW THIS WEEK! GGS-LE4-GAS-WNB-ECM. I (T)which he carried on the Operation Varsity parachute jump into Germany in March 1945 and on the advance to Wismar to cut the Soviets off from illegally occupying Denmark. - Faux Wood Stock. [22] The SMLE's visual trademark was its blunt nose, with only the bayonet boss protruding a small fraction of an inch beyond the nosecap, being modelled on the Swedish Model 1894 cavalry carbine. 2.What if your gun is seized by the customs? This Australian Lee-Enfield .303 British low-mount sniper rifle, shown with leather lens caps, is an excellent example of one of these rifles. 13 February '23. . I (T) but as it had shrapnel in the furniture, he managed to accidentally drop it during a practice parachute jump. at Boundary Bay Air Shows, Photos Aircraft etc. 4 Mk. The No. Out Of Stock. YouTube video Enfield Rifle No4Mk1T 1945 M47C CFC 2018 in which Riflechair fires his BSA No. 4 Mk I was officially adopted in 1941. 10999 - 05979. IV rifles are externally identical to .303 calibre SMLE Mk III* rifles, the only difference being the .22 calibre barrel, empty magazine case, bolthead and extractor which have been modified to fire .22 calibre rimfire cartridges. Peter was issued another No. [35] Many Mk III and III* rifles were converted to .22 rimfire calibre training rifles, and designated Rifle No. Only SMLE Mk III* rifles are known to have been assembled under this program. These were similar to the No. Requires fitting, drilling screw holes, sanding and oiling. The scope shown here, No. The stock collar is marked with the serial number, "M47C" (the code for BSA Shirley), "1944" and "TR" (the final inspection proof prior to being upgraded by Holland & Holland). The design was found to be even more complicated and expensive to manufacture than the Mk III and was not developed or issued, beyond a trial production of about 20,000 rifles between 1922 and 1924 at RSAF Enfield all of which marked with a "V". A new bayonet was designed to go with the rifle: a spike bayonet the No. 1 and No. In Canada the .303 and .22 models were being phased out between 2016 and 2019. 5 Mk I, designated Rifle, No. I ended up sending the rifle to Nebraska and it is now reunited. Add to Cart. Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, Lee Enfield Sniper Rifle with Shell Ejecting Gel Blaster / Darts Blaster 2 in 1. Observed examples are dated 1931 and 1933. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. 1 Mk III or III*, with the original MLE and LEC becoming obsolete along with the earlier SMLE models. The C No 7 hasps and clasps have protective wooden surrounds and the lid is one board and does not have end caps per the SANo15. If you don't received your package for more than 60 days, please contact us for refund. 4 Mk I/3. The L59A1 was a conversion of the No. ARES Lee Enfield NO 4 MK1 Airsoft Sniper Rifle (Spring) Out of Stock CLA-004. 4 rifles, selected for their accuracy during factory tests, were modified by the addition of a wooden cheek rising-piece, and telescopic sight mounts designed to accept a No. at Abbotsford Air Shows, Photos Aircraft etc.