Lots and lots of talk about sex, sexual jokes (no nudity), drug references, drinking. [6] It made $1.1 million from Thursday night previews, a record for the Madea films, as well as one of the highest of Perry's career. That's the same damn perfume, Mabel! : Madea Your parents aint lame because they say dont sneak out, dont text and drive, all that stuff is bad and you get people killed. Madea, 30. A Madea Halloweenis Madea's nephew's daughter sneaking out while being babysat by Madea. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. : She keeps going and then refers to him as Rick Ross. However, while approaching the screening booth, Madea notes the distance of foot placement was wide while stating my legs aint been open that wide since I had my daughter. "[10] On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 39 out of 100, based on 11 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews". Required fields are marked *. In fact, he has to call a halt to filming when he hears someone creeping around above him and demands to know, "Hold the h*** on, who's up there?" Based on his mother andAunt. They are family. Yeah! Web. "You're gonna wish that sperm did a backstroke when it met the egg that made you." - Madea 3. I luz hahpo, But I kill him dead fo' I let him beat me! It was written and directed by Perry and features him playing several characters, including Mabel "Madea" Simmons. Their first full day in her home, Madea is forced to wake up some of the family. Only. Jen Harper as Vianne, Anthony's wife, Heathrow's daughter, and Madea and Joe's niece, Derek Morgan as Anthony, Vianne's husband who has an untimely death, Courtney Burrell as A.J., Anthony and Vianne's oldest son, Quin Walters as Renee, Anthony and Vianne's friend who was also one of Anthony's mistresses, Branden Miller as Joanne the Scammer, a drag queen and con artist who Madea knows, This page was last edited on 12 February 2023, at 08:12. Apr 27, 2020 - Explore Blowsaunders's board "Madea funny quotes" on Pinterest. Madea: Lil' girl, if you don't stop POPPIN' THAT GUM-! It becomes all too apparent that Anthony was involved with all of the women in the room. and however good or however bad it was, now its up to YOU to make something of it. Madea, 28. He was much funnier in the Hangover. Renee then exposes A.J. Despite forgiving A.J., Carol refuses to stay with him claiming she wants to live freely. To start with, there's the awkward moment when the family realize that about 90 percent of the attendees to the funeral are women that the adulterous deceased had affairs with. "[12], Common Sense Media gave the film a 3 out of 5 star rating, saying "Madea says goodbye in winning but dirty slapstick comedy"; the website recommended it for ages 13+. You trying to call me black or somethin? Madea, 22. Madea being in her honest and "no bullsh*t" attitude gave a customer a rude awakening. Hattie [8][9], On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 11% based on 36 reviews, with an average rating of 3.7/10. What kinda lawyer dont know how to lie? He also rapped in his own voice in what should've been a big family speech, andheused his own vocals to create the best possible punchline during Madea's dramatic appearance on "Maury.". Madeas iconic Hellur can easily be recognized by fans. (Courtney Burrell), Jesse (Rome Flynn), and Sylvia (Ciera Payton) are planning a surprise party to celebrate the 40th wedding anniversary of their parents Vianne (Jen Harper) and Anthony (Derek Morgan) with the assistance of A.J. MadeaMovies with friends and family. 101,736 likes 284,829 talking about this. Wait, ain't it Madea 10. But, all I set em straight. Madea follows through with her requirements and proves to be a great guardian being protecting the young girl although her initial reaction was negative trying to explain the purpose of menopause. In Madea Goes to Jail, Madea is made to wait for her daughter Cora in order to be able to drive to the store. The bitter, cantankerous relationship between Madea and her live-in brother is one of the most rib-tickling aspects of the entire series, as they always tend to save their best digs for one another. : Well when you gettin got and somebody done got you and you go get them, when you get em everybodys gon get got. Madea, 33. Anthony suffers a heart attack from sex with Renee, and Brian tries to resuscitate him, after which he is rushed to the hospital. Your mama did this, and your daddy did that. Bam! Madea, 19. Madea: You don't know me! Learning that her niece was being abused by her husband, Madea decides to give some advice. Being Madea, she is shocked at the concept of me time having no effort to wait for people. Heres a list of Tyler Perry quotes. As part of her sentencing structure, Madea has to attend anger management. Sheep. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. While denying it, Madea can't stop dancing and leaves before her inner "hoe" comes out. The funeral goes on for hours due to the number of eulogies and songs that are done. [5], In the United States and Canada, A Madea Family Funeral was released alongside Greta, and was projected to gross $1820million from 2,442 theaters in its opening weekend. It wasnt fun. In 2012's "Madea's Witness Protection," the seventh film in the series, the story ushers in a bunch of new faces as Madea's house becomes a hiding place for a family that's under witness protection by the FBI. : SHUT UP! Madea: Love is stronger than any other addiction, baby. Even funnier is the fact that while filming the scene, Perry realizes he has to keep in character while accidentally speaking to an actual person before fessing up to the fact that he's acting and didn't expect to actually catch anyone on the line. Do you like him better as his character Madea or as a "regular" actor? Ma to the damn D-E-A!" - Madea 2. For the rest of the movie, Madea, Hattie, Bam, and Joe are trying to keep a lid on this information, all while telling what they know while younger characters dismiss them as doddering old fools. Madea deflects by just askinghim in return "What was your childhood like?" Description. I aint gonna deal with that! Madea, 46 Thats for hoes. and Jesse fight and Vianne tearfully reveals that she knows that Anthony has been unfaithful for years. After a bit of a health scare, Mr. Brown tries to sneak in a hug from Madea while she's ironing, and she responds by smacking him away and onto the ground. A family reunion planned to celebrate the anniversary of a longtime married couple takes a turn for the worse when the husband and father of three unexpectedly passes away from a sudden heart attack. Halleluyer! Madea. A wife tolerates her husband's infidelity for decades and finally explains why in a powerful, relatable speech. Whenever Madea would appear on the screen, viewers had to get ready to laugh to their heart's content. : Useful for You: Best City Girls Lyrics For Funds Focused Chicks, Your email address will not be published. Emilia Andriamora is a TV show and movie enthusiast based in Sydney. Cora, did I ever ask you for some me-time when I had to cook for youwhen I hit that stripper pole every nightwhat the hell is me-timetime for nothing. This made audiences laugh as this shows Madeas lack of care for others. Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral. Yep, in this riotous bonus footage, Joe can be heard describing what it's like to live with Madea and her many instances of gas-passing, and the line is such a hoot that even Perry can't get the words out without chuckling. You can help us help kids by Hell, that's just see, I'm a player from back in the day, I figured it out. : God dont like you He grew you in a petri dish! Madea, 15. As a result, the police were called leaving Madea to escape while shouting she isnt scared of any police showing her disregard for the law. It can be accessed from his checking account or through his insurance policy. She's a music lover, fashionista and lowkey hypebeast now covering ScreenRant for Valnet Inc. 15 Things You Never Knew About Tyler Perry's Madea Movies, 10 Black Filmmakers Whose Movies You Should Watch Right Now, 10 Things You Didnt Know About The Making Of Straight Outta Compton. It just dont take! Madea, 51 Stronger than lovers love is lovers hate. She gives one piece then grabs a handful of candy from the children's' bags to put back in her bowl. No matter what is going on in your life, you can always count on the Lord or somebody. Madea, 17. People love Madea for being both endearing andIt is difficult. Do you have a favourite? A Madea Halloween is Madea's nephew's daughter sneaking out while being babysat by Madea. Directed towards a shed by one of the town members, Madea open the door confidently only to find a KKK meeting with men in white gowns and the confederate flag. It's a really good movie and very funny. The parents' guide to what's in this movie. You dont be playing around, keep playing with the devil, he gonna show up. Madea, 50 Sometimes getting saved is like a bad perm, Reverend. The film was released in the United States on March 1, 2019. says one male character), about whether an angry-seeming white cop is going to shoot a car full of seniors, and so on. View in iTunes. This site uses affiliate links and may earn commissions for purchases made. While in jail, Madea attends a religious group and hears the experience of her fellow inmates. Talk about getting into character. It took y'all long enough. The last Madea film, "Tyler Perry's Boo 2! You dont want to be walking around with a slingshot up your butt. Madea, 37. Aunt Bam Tough-talking grandma Madea returns for A MADEA FAMILY FUNERAL, which creator/star Tyler Perry has said will be his last Madea movie. I had to give up candy to get candy, thats what I had to do. Madea, 49. He incorporated the character in a number of his moviesfrom A Madea Family Funeral, Madea's Witness Protection, and more. | Mmm-hmm! "A Madea Homecoming" is the 12th installment in the seriesand features all of the elements audiences have come to know and love from this unique character, as she welcomes a host of familiar and new characters for another rip-roaring gathering. As a result, Madea allegedly asks her granddaughter's abusive ex-husband which half do you want? Referring to a couch, Madea continuously asks the question with a running chainsaw in her hand. She's known to use vulgar language and show off her outrageous toughness. They are in their teenage years. InBoo! The hells wrong with these children today? The whole funeral is one of Madea's most comical moments as she becomes in charge of leading it and keeping it organized. Joe NEXT:The Funniest Movie From Each Year In The 2000s, Ranked. "I'm Madea! A Madea Family Funeral is jam-packed with family drama of all kinds. Unless you're into that kinda thing. He created and performed a beloved character named Madea, a tough and no mess about elderly woman. Joe A Madea Family Funeral is a 2023 American comedy film written, directed, and produced by Tyler Perry. The movie begins with preparations for a 40th anniversary party, which sets Madea, Joe, Bam, Hattie, and Brian off on a road trip to visit the extended family. 5 Mar. suggesting a diversity update. George asks Madea for a huge favor. : The female customer asks where the lingerie section is. Madea, also known as Mabel Simmons, is a character played by Tyler Perry. Madeaexplainsit's her lower half, the "hoe" half from back in the day. It makes perfect sense, dont it? When A.J. And they're funny. Madea is a little appalled and wonders what's wrong with her look. [citation needed]. Ima beat the hell outta them and say, So? And Ima bring them over here cause youve been redeemed, aight. I told you, you dont know how to lie. It taught good lessons about family and being happy. Characters drink and refer to smoking; one has had his larynx removed, which family members blame on his smoking. For example, takethis side-splitting outtake from "I Can Do Bad All By Myself." Every time I come here, you sittin in that chair. That's right, we was arguin' over a parking space. We must not think too much: people go mad if they think too much. Madea, 54 It is the thoughts of men that are deceitful, Their pledges that are loose. Madea, 55 The pain is good, as long as youre not laughing. Madea, 56 Life is sometimes hard, and you have to laugh your way through it. Madea, 57. Joe A Madea Halloween" bringing the screen queen to All Hallows' Eve for the ninth installment. Hattie, hush! To be honest, Madea was the best part of all the movies she appeared in. [3], The film was released in theatres in the United States on March 1, 2019 by Lionsgate, after it was originally scheduled for release in the fall of 2018.[4]. Jun 17, 2019 - Explore Mackjenkins's board "Madea Family Funeral" on Pinterest. Yeah, what do you mean brownies for my brownie? Im Madea! She explains that Aretha Franklin gave her the outfit and that Aretha Franklin knows how to dress. Madea tells her that those days have long passed and lingerie is only meant for young people who are firm. "A Madea Family Funeral" milks some very funny moments out of how Black people prepare and attend homegoing services. Don't rate is bad because YOU can't relate to it. However, perhaps the most hilarious blooper from the picture comes when Madea finds herself in an unfamiliar bathroom situation as her hotel has a bidet next to the toilet. Madeas 10 Most Hilarious Scenes In The Tyler Perry Movies, The 40 Year Old Virgin Waxing Scene & 9 Of Steve Carell's Other Funny Movie Moments, Ranked, Eugene Levy has been on screen in various works, isn't exactly in the jolliest and happiest holiday mood, 10 Non X-mas Comedy Movies That Are Actually Perfect For Christmas. Movie audiences first met Madea in the 2005 film "Diary of a Mad Black Woman," a movie that follows one of Madea's granddaughters as she seeks refuge in her house after being expelled from her fancy estate by her cruel husband. 9. Mabel! Hellur has become the pinpoint of Madeas greeting and introduction as in a cameo on the Jimmy Fallon show, audiences can see the iconic quote being used to greet Donald Trump in a skit. Though Madea is an elderly grandmother, aunt, mother, and friend to so many characters in the series, she's also tough as nails and does not hesitate to put her backhand where her mouth is when the situation calls for more than a sharp tongue lashing. Madea visits a new branch of the family this time, but a few of her loved ones follow, most notably the retirement home Greek chorus Auntie Bam (Cassi Davis), Hattie (Patrice Lovely), and Joe. - Yeah, they should be here. A little love tap never hurt nobody. Madea, 48. He had to make it drizzle cause he couldnt make it rain. Madea, 18. Youre here because of what YOU did. Madea, 40 You can get it one of two ways. If you have a quote to add or change and want to let us know, please fill in the form below. Wed love to hear from you in the comments section below. Lionsgate released a trailer for the film on October 31, 2018. A MADEA FAMILY FUNERAL Official Trailer (2019) Tyler Perry Movie HD 2018 - LionsgateComedy, Kids, Family and Animated Film, Blockbuster, Action Cinema, Blo. Sometimes even when Perry messes up his lines, he still manages to stay in character. When one trick-or-treater comes who's on the heftier side, Madea warns Bam to not do her trick. Madea In The Courtroom I only speak slowly. While trying to understand Madea's source of anger, Madea simply says she believesin getting even. Best City Girls Lyrics For Funds Focused Chicks. Despite her tough personality, Madea still has a soft side. Official Sites How are characters rewarded or punished for their choices? A.J. They had to give you your life. Madea swears she doesn't like rap music but Bam realizes she's dancing anyway. This is the last film from Tyler Perry to be released by Lionsgate, with Paramount Pictures and Netflix taking over distribution of future Perry films via his deal with ViacomCBS. Carlos: You love making me angry don't you??? Despite this, she only stayed with him to protect her family, and is choosing to live for herself from now on. Writer: Tyler Perry. Shuler King's family has owned a funeral home since 1945. Comedy 2019 1 hr 49 min. Of all creatures that can feel and think, we women are the worst treated things alive. Madea, 58 For in other ways a woman is full of fear, defenseless, dreads the sight of cold steel; but, when once she is wronged in the matter of love, no other soul can hold so many thoughts of blood. Madea, 59 Old loves are dropped when new ones come. Madea, 60 Better a humble heart, a lowly life. While making breakfast, Madea demonstrates the Throw it and swat method. [slaps Hattie and says to her] Exceptional drama series for mature viewers only. When a lady walk in you say hellur! Hellur? : Pissing is for big ass people like us! Madea, 32. Call da po po hoe! Madea, 34 No, it aint the children, baby, its the parents. The film is filled with humor and heart, but as you might expect, the people behind the scenes have just as much fun making these films as we do watching them, especially when things go wrong in the best way possible. : At last, they get to their hoteland catch Anthony in a sex act with Renee (Quin Walters), Vianne's best friend, while A.J. Im telling ya, I keeps me a hammer. Madea, 21. On a road trip with her friends, Madea makes a pit stop for the bathroom in a town located in the middle of nowhere. It costs $5.99 to rent and $14.99 to buy it. Madea : SHUT UP! Undertaker You are watching Madea Preaches The Bible on Godtube.com the largest video sharing platform offering online Christian videos with faith-based, family friendly content. Fans of Perry's long-running Madea series will be happy to know that his alter ego acquits herself nobly in what may be her final outing. Here are some funny quotes fit for funeral directors. Tyler Perry isn't the only star who's been shown to break into a fit of laughter on the set of the "Madea" movies. On the way, they deal with a manic, rude police officer (Joel Rush) which they are surprised when he acts nice all of a sudden. 4. Where was he? She has this weird tendency to overreact and threaten others with deadly weapons. Damn it, Ma! But she actually, never mind, maybe this hothead deserves to serve some hard time. : Even if it means dressing up in a Santa outfitand working in the department store as a favor to a friend. * - Perry was nominated twice for Worst Supporting Actor, one each for his roles as Joe and Uncle Heathrow, respectively. Available on iTunes. Her love for entertainment reaches a broad range of interests from 90s thriller movies, guilty pleasure teen dramas, action-packed MCU movies to popular K-dramas. If the parents were getting in charge of the children here, we wouldnt be having all these issues. Madea, 7. Madea: It ain't what people call you, it's what you answer to. Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion (8,536) 5.2 1 h 49 min 2006 X-Ray 13+ While planning her family reunion, southern matriarch Madea must contend with the other dramas on her plate, including the rebellious teenager who has been placed under her care, as well as her love-troubled nieces. One of which was I aint scared of no popo call the popo. In a scene at a parking lot, a woman driving a red Ferrari can be seen crossing Madea stealing a parking spot under Madeas nose. However, the funniest bit is what follows, as Larry the Cable Guy unexpectedly breaks out some sharp improv by recommending the heartburn medication he famously promoted in real-life commercials. Drop the hammer on them. Two elderly male characters (both played by Perry) leer at women, making remarks about the women's attractiveness (and their backsides). | The film was released to Blu-ray and DVD on June 4, 2019 by Lionsgate. Dr. Phil can no longer handle the conversation andmoves on to her childhood. She isn't exactly in the jolliest and happiest holiday mood. Though Prime subscribers cannot watch 'A Madea Family Funeral' on the platform as is, they can rent or buy the movie. Call da po po hoe. Where was he? A Madea Halloween (2016) Go Behind the Scenes with the cast Tyler Perry's A Madea Homecoming | movie | 2022 | Official Trailer Common Sense is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century. He went in farther than any man should ever go with another man. The film follows the family matriarch as she heads to a small town amid some economic and personal distresses, and her extended family members are, of course, treated to some of her unusual wit. [to Vianne] RELATED:10 Funniest Black Actresses In TV Comedy. : The comedy is a little dirty at times -- there's lots of leering at female characters' backsides and plenty of jokes about pimps and hos, as well as weed -- but ultimately Madea and company are sweet and get the ending they deserve. | Dressed in a gigantic black church hat that looks borrowed from the Wicked Witch of the West's more fashionable closet, Madea runs the funeral like the orchestra at the Oscars. The website's critical consensus reads, "A lackluster conclusion to Tyler Perry's long-running franchise, A Madea Family Funeral proves saying goodbye can be painful for all the wrong reasons. MadeaHe is the star in many films, including Madeas Big Happy Family andBoo! The Excuse of a Plot. Instead. Things get hairy (for them and the . Include the time in the film/video if possible so we can find it. So to celebrate the latest addition to the "Madea" film universe, here's a look back at some of the most hilarious bloopers from Tyler Perry's entire saga. Quotes.net. See, yall Christians is somethin yall go pull out that Bible, but yall dont know which prescripture to use for which situation. Your daddy is out there enjoying his life while youre in prison. When she calls the concierge from the bathroom's phone to unravel the mystery of the second facility, she's even more confused to learn about the very existence of the bidet. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Madea and her family head out to a family reunion, but the trip becomes a nightmare when the party suddenly turns into a funeral and threatens to reveal sordid family secrets. Company Credits : The movie features Madea doing a favor for her nephew, Brian heading over to his house to watch his teenage daughter, Tiffany. "You look like you came out of a box of chocolate Lucky Charms!" - Madea 5. Out of breath, she asks to be redeemed and to take Jesus into her heart. This is also the first Madea movie to drop an F-Bomb. Madea Let me live unaffected by greatness andLive. Research shows a connection between kids' healthy self-esteem and positive portrayals in media. Directed by Tyler Perry Writing Credits (in alphabetical order) Tyler Perry Cast (in credits order) complete, awaiting verification Produced by Music by Philip White Cinematography by Richard J. Vialet Film Editing by Larry Sexton Casting By Kim Coleman Production Design by Paul Wonsek Set Decoration by Dennis Donegan Costume Design by Do you want one?" - Madea 4. There's plenty of iffy stuff, but there are also well-intentioned messages about the importance of family, respect, and honesty. She first is appalled at the long program andgets tired of the choir's long song and cuts it short. It features Tyler Perry, Mark E. Swinton, Ozzie Areu, and Will Areu as producer, Philip White in charge of musical score, and Richard J. Vialet as head of cinematography. Hey! A joyous reunion in small-town Georgia turns into an unexpected nightmare when Madea, Joe, Aunt Bam and other family members gather for an anniversary party that turns out to be a sham. Eventually, she finally decides to chainsaw the couch as a show of her fearlessness. Its the *damn* parents, the parents I dont understand. Madea, 35. Supposed to wash the car, you sittin in that chair. Hattie Cookies help us deliver our Services. :