The main reason ESPN radio is failing is that the personalities are either bland (because theyd get fired if they deviate from wrongthink) or are woke. Terrell jokingly said that Max was "blacker" than Stephen A., which instantly. When a Hall-of-Famer finishes their career, they roll the red carpet out.. But there werent colors before. They resolve NOTHING, they are just debating all day long, just like pretty much every other show on ESPN these days. Let's get that out the way -- yes, I did," Stephen A. said on a recent appearance on Ebro in the Morning. Max works as the host of This Just In with Max Kellerman on ESPN. In recent years, there has been a whirlwind of changes to the daytime shows on ESPN, the latest of which included a new format to First Take, the popular sports debate show. , the 12-2 show. Word on the street is that Smith pushed Kellerman out the door. He works as the host of This Just In With Max Kellerman on ESPN. The controversial non-call that crushed the Cowboys in wil Yankees may get solution to to glut of infielders after NL teams' misfortune, Daniel Jones needs to see big picture in Giants negotiations, Red-hot Jon Rahm no match for wind-swept Bay Hill: 'F--king hard', The Marchand and Ourand Sports Media Podcast, The Show with Joel Sherman and Jon Heyman, Amazin' But True: A NY Mets Baseball Podcast, Gangs All Here: A NY Jets Football Podcast, Patrick Mahomes' brother accused of assault, forcibly kissing owner at bar, Troubled NBA star allegedly flashes gun at strip club in video after police report saga, Packers star blasts Jimmy Kimmel after Aaron Rodgers 'tin foil hat' jab, Tom Sandoval breaks silence on Ariana Madix split amid cheating claims, Canadian teacher with size-Z prosthetic breasts placed on paid leave. ESPN Commentator & Host Max Kellerman is the co-host of ESPN Radio's signature, national morning show Keyshawn, JWill & Max, alongside Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams (since Sept. 2021). I disagree on who they are trying to attract with those lineups. Overall, sports-talk radio is down due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which drastically cut the number of Americans commuting to work on a daily basis. Kellerman had the task of replacing Skip Bayless across the debate desk from Stephen A. Smith on "First Take," which he did for five years. Max Kellerman, the inferior half of ESPN's windbag duo on First Take, has some thoughts about the rioting in cities. 1, is that its no knock against him professionally, his work ethic, and all of that other stuff, his talent. Its tasked with filling two hours of the, to replace that shows reach, interest, or unique approach. I started taking that approach. This week, First Take is losing to Get Up and NFL Live, in addition to PTI and ATH: FT: 398k Get Up: 408k NFL Live: 413k ATH: 469k PTI: 652k Bobby Burack (@burackbobby_) September 24, 2021 You saw an energized, rejuvenated Stephen A. coming back and he came back on a day where the Cowboys lost.". Earlier on, Smith explained that him and Kellerman tape 15 segments a day, 75 segments a week, [and] over 3,000 takes a year and he said he believed the audience apparently noticed their chemistry had fizzled. Id be surprised if the show ever takes off. This Just In | Dolphins: "We're not rushed' to sign Tua Tagovailoa long term" - Max Kellerman Kellerman also joined ESPNs morning radio circuit, having replaced Zubin Mehenti on Keyshawn, J-Will and Zubin., The best insights from the ultimate insiders, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, ESPNs First Take completely dismisses Rangers, Charles Barkley goes off on load management, paying bums $300 million, Stephen A. Smith believes Andy Reid costing Eric Bieniemy shot at head coach, Stephen A. Smith doesnt think ESPN shouldve fired Donovan McNabb, Max Kellermans exit from ESPNs First Take, The Posts Andrew Marchand had initially reported. I wasnt a Hall-of-Famer. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. His new sports variety show that will air for one hour (2-3. Russ Heltman is a daily news writer for BSM. Kellerman will also regularly be joined by ESPNs industry-leading lineup of sport-specific insiders and analysts to go inside every breaking story and development from new angles. In fact, the formula for 'First Take' has been replicated many times by both ESPN and other networks, including FOX, whose 'Undisputed' debate show features former 'First Take' star, Skip Bayless. Sports radio is a pretty easy outline. ESPN said it would end the debate program Highly Questionable, which it has shown since 2011 and which was built as a vehicle for the now-departed Dan Le Batard. AP Photo/Darryl Webb. The Stephen A. Smith-Max Kellerman duo on ESPN's First Take came to an abrupt end earlier this year. Perkins told Jones that he does still have regrets about not making the most of his playing career and he did not want to have any regrets about what he does in broadcasting. So thats whats going on there, folks, if anybody cares. Numbers were dipping. Jake Gyllenhaal Looks Ready For A PED Test Ahead Of Role As Fictional UFC Fighter In Road House Remake, Mike Brey Ready For Something New As He Steps Away From Notre Dame After 23 Years, Rick Carlisles Character On Display As Pacers Honor Late Indiana Media Legend David Benner With Cool Gesture. Yes, I did [want him off the show], Smith told radio hosts Ebro Darden and Peter Rosenberg. ESPN was foolish to move on from Mike Golic Sr. And how long did it take them to come up with such a catchy and original show name? They decided I didnt have a stroke, which is good, but I did have a detached retina, Gorman explained. First Take has been a hit show on ESPN for a number of years. Today, he turned the attention on himself, candidly admitting his role in having First Take co-host Max Kellerman removed from the show. The move to remove Kellerman was catalyzed by Stephen A., but the plan has seemingly backfired, so much so, that First Take is now the lowest rated show on the television entire network. Kellerman began his ESPN in the late 1990s as an analyst for Friday Night Fights. Smith, who has unapologetically acknowledged that First. Keyshawn, JWill & Max ESPN Sports 3.8 480 Ratings MAR 3, 2023 Hour 4: Snow in LA Hour 4: Snow in LA Key's kids left their garage door open and he's mad about the snow in LA. Apr 11, 2009 at 4:32 pm. #114. A network that already lacks likable personalities chose to lose one of the few who still remained. Kellerman now assumes a larger role in the ESPN radio lineup, cohosting the morning drive time with Keyshawn Johnson and Jay Williams. Hes been at the forefront of First Take, has been placed in front of the camera on a number of ESPN-related shows and events, and hes stood out to become the face of a network that seemingly possessed a very large number of impressive on-air talent in the past. Ratings show just how badly First Take has suffered since Max Kellerman left Stephen A Smith as co-host of the show As we said, Stephen A Smith and Max Kellerman formed the perfect talk show duo in the eyes of countless fans. Kellerman's new role will take him off of ESPN's "First Take," where he served as the debate partner for Stephen A. Smith since 2016. The early ratings say otherwise. This week, First Take is losing to Get Up and NFL Live, in addition to PTI and ATH:FT: 398kGet Up: 408kNFL Live: 413kATH: 469kPTI: 652k, Stephen As First Take ratings become worst show on ESPN after removing Max Kellerman https://t.co/hv9xd83W7H pic.twitter.com/shRe19FdGw, The ratings on "First Take" have apparently taken a sharp nose dive, following Max Kellerman's departure.https://t.co/SStZy2V2pi, I wonder why our ratings are downAlso First Take after a rookies debut: pic.twitter.com/2sxDX4RoH8. Prior to that he was a commentator on ESPN's First Take with Stephen A. Smith and host Molly Qerim Rose from 2016-21. This news comes only weeks after word . First Takesaudience has grown in five of the last six months as Smith and Kellerman roll along their ESPN tenures on separate roads. [1] The show premiered on September 14, 2021, and airs live on weekdays at 2 p.m. Maybe more time? Fun works, non-sports topics dont (. Stephen A. Smith set the record straight about co-host Max Kellermans exit from ESPNs First Take in a revealing interview onHot 97. Max is always able to successfully connect and resonate with fans in meaningful ways across platforms and its great to have him leading this new show. Its tasked with filling two hours of the Will Cain Show, but it doesnt have the ability to replace that shows reach, interest, or unique approach. When asked about a report from The New. On social media, fans have started to take notice, which could set up a rather embarrassing situation for both the show and the network as a whole. Im like how can I put this into this game or put this into what Im about to breakdown and I started taking these bars and putting them into my vocabulary. "If you just do, theoretically the strongest move every time, you're always a step behind the white pieces who start first." The analogy stemmed. I was in my car the other day and accidentally listened to Bart Scott and lol, bad. They ask it, I tell it. I think he's a real good guy, I appreciate what he did for the show, we were number one for five years, we stayed number one, and I appreciate that. We talking basketball. . If you are a monologue typeyou better have some educated controversial opinions that may even offend the woke-cancel culture crowd. Why cant I make this next career better than my first career? I shouldnt have no regrets.. Temtastic Muns said: Dying to hear how the music score turned out. Thats two shows ESPN has not been able to successfully replace. I had to be operated on within 48 hours, or I couldve lost my eyesight forever. Confused. Smith went on to confirm that the decision was more about keeping things fresh on First Take by implementing change than removing Kellerman, specifically. This just in: Max Kellerman will be coming at you afternoons on ESPN via his new show, titled "This Just In," which premieres Tuesday at 2 p.m. We knew Kellerman, who recently left ESPN's. ET, will offer a preview of that night's story lines and dives into trending topics in the sports world, along with . ET. ESPN doesnt dispute that First Take is lagging behind their other shows but also would like to point out that First Take is up 30% over three weeks ago and Kellermans new show is an improvement on who was in the same timeslot last year. I knew there were landing spots for him available at this network that would generate just as much, if not more revenue for him and all of that other stuff.. Russ can be found on Twitter @RussHeltman11 or you can reach him by email at Heltmandm@yahoo.com. The duo worked in New York and will get a run on the national stage. However, his strong focus on Los Angeles and New York hurts the interest in his show in smaller markets. In the show, they talk about his new dog, the Dallas Cowboys, and . MSG+ will be offered to fans at a $29.99 per month price point, which is the same monthly fee NESN charges subscribers in New England. However, that plan seems to be backfiring as ratings for First Take havent been impressive since Kellerman left the show. The duo worked in New York and will get a run on the national stage. The New Yorker is best known for his stint on ESPN's First Take alongside Stephen A Smith and Molly Qerim. ESPN host Stephen A. Smith is tightening his grip on daytime talk mainstay First Take, as co-host Max Kellerman is departing the show and making way for rotating co-hosts. Smith sat down with Jimmy Traina on the latest Sports Illustrated Media Podcast to discuss Kellerman's departure from the show. This time, our first legend is about whether we nearly had a Power Pack Marvel MAX comic book series from James Gunn. Through the start of the 2023 season, some of the stars of the first season are already making moves. The show includes latest news, opinion and analysis on the day's headlines, and a look ahead at the evening in sports. Beginning at 8 a.m., fans will be able to hear the latest news, information and original, timely opinions and analysis across all sports with Get Up (8-10 a.m.), First Take (10 a.m.-12 p.m.) and the 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. editions of SportsCenter, all culminating with This Just In. On Sept. 13, the show will be on ESPN2 at 2 p.m. for that day only. , and Ive been proven correct. After five years of commentating on ESPN's First Take with Stephen A. Smith and host Molly Qerim Rose, Max Kellerman departed the sports-oriented show in September 2021.