Over all have been very happy with them on the rocks or in the mud. Outstanding range of sizes to suit most of the Australian 4x4 market. As a result of the sturdier sidewalls, they are usually less-comfortable on the road. Its still outrageously capable, from a top quality brand, with a big selection of sizes. The STT Pro tire line features proprietary reinforcement technologies to resist impacts and damage, while a hybrid tread pattern reduces road noise, increases stability, and dials up off-road traction. Anyone have a model # that has proven itself? Owner reviews are mostly positive, with many owners reporting initial apprehension about the price-point, but being subsequently impressed with the performance and noise levels. The Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar model is among the best mud tires anywhere. They offer the most extreme grip (particularly in loose earth, gravel, sand or mud) and they are also the most robust, with added layers of protection. In the desert, these things shine! An innovative armour sidewall design maximises sidewall traction and puncture resistance, while deeply staggered . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Worth knowing: The BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3, the brand's toughest off-road tire yet. I cant speak for their performance in the mud or in extreme offloading, but the snow and ice performance has been great. And since its lugs are pasted on a larger sidewalls real estate, it gets to provide superior footprint with lowered air pressure. Pickups with chains were getting stuck.. i just kept going. Maxxis MT772 RAZR. Its resemblance to paddle tires also make it one of the best ones out there for sandy terrains. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The successor to the amazing KM2, BFGs Mud Terrain T/A KM3 delivers 5 percent better mud traction, 8 percent better rock traction and, perhaps best of all, is 27% more resistance to punctures thanks to even stronger sidewalls. JKUR 2" Rancho Sport - BlackForest Throwback Top - Milestar 315 Patagona Mt's - Outlaw Sheriff Rims - Bushwacker Flat Fenders -, http://us.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-mtp.aspx, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHObVHShgTLdAuMbTLs_bxw. Great looking tire and performs great on and off road. 08-03-21, 10:54 PM. Check Price. No, but the Maxxis Razr MT is far from a dud and it offers something none of the rest do: an actual milage warranty. The set of 35" 3PMSF tires that I just installed are 19.3/32". A buddy of mine had 39" km3's and switched to 40" stt pro's and said the km3's rode better on road. Cooper Discoverer STT Pro Overview. I do like them though. Infused with Kevlar, Goodyear claims the addition of this bullet-stopping material reduces the likelihood of a sidewall puncture by 35%. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. If youre thinking perhaps a mud-terrain tire is a bit too extreme for you, there are other options. Best Mud-Terrain Tire With a Warranty: Maxxis Razr MT. The creepys are 2 inches wider with a D load rating, biased plies and GREAT for off road. You can use it on any trail, however. Maybe you dont care about that and will sacrifice every last ounce of livability for extra off-road grip. BFGoodrich Tires All-Terrain T/A KO2 285/70R17 121/118R. If youre looking to choose between all-terrain and mud-terrain tires, theres a long list of differences. They are louder than the AT's I had before. One of the most popular, and best truck mud tires tires on the market, these high-performing tires hit the road with various improvements for their latest iteration, including reduced road noise, more even wear, and improved ride smoothness. On grooved highways, really stable. Though its better when it comes to rocky terrains, deals better with noise, and gives you a longer tread life. Why no Super Swampers? Mud-Terrain tires are generally identified by four rows or tread lugs compared to five rows on all-terrain tires. Just note that the best mud tires come with an accordingly-hefty price tag, and that some owners wish for a quieter ride and less of a hit to fuel consumption. Again, because of the low weight, they come up to speed nicely. Mileage may have taken a slight dip based on the computer, probably due to the more aggressive tread pattern, but I'm still consistently getting over 20mpgs. They are horrible for the highway and loud. But in the real world, it just looks cool. BFGoodrich Tires Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 285/70R17 121/118Q. There needs to be some tradeoff when you want the best performance out of your off-road tires. The shoulder lugs are the tires highlighting feature, and they cover a majority of the treads real estate. Finally, strong reinforcement ensures that these tires will last for the long haul. A really fun tire. Whether it was because of occasional body/fender contact or the razor sharp rocks, I definitely found some slices in the side of the tread and some on the sidewall, but these tires never give up. Nice tire, but I've had a couple of side wall punctures. Braking, Excellent, better than the BFG/Wildpeaks, probably due to lower weight. Owner reviews are strongly positive, with most indicating that these tires are nearly impossible to beat for the price. We did the 37x12.5x17 on our '18 and love it. Toyo Open Country A/T vs Nitto Ridge Grappler R/T. Maxxis Carnivores 32x10x14, Emp tonneau- Seizmic upper- Summit heater- Cree side shooters X4- LED headlights- Custom floor mats & bed liner- Custom inner fenders to make cleanup nice and simple. Special off-road composition with novel chemical compounds has been developed for optimal tear . But if you do a lot of driving on paved roads, those same spaced out lugs will start to wear down fairly quickly vs. your standard all-terrain tire. Better than BFGs for sure. I never bog my truck and when i go off to school i def. Maybe try reading those. And although both tires here have that, the Maxxis Razr M/T is able to provide better gripping capabilities, still. Only show this user. I switched to the BFG after a riding buddy lost 2 Big Horns in one week. Whether it was because of occasional body/fender contact or the razor sharp rocks, I definitely found some slices in the side of the tread and some on the sidewall, but these tires never give up. Now its time to get to the good part. They were amazing this hunting season in the deep snow. For Your Info: Best tire for tread noise in M/Ts is Falken Wildpeak M/T (review). BRAVEN . SL RAZR: 38lbs. If youre wondering, I checked the tread depth and have 9/32 left on a tire that comes with 18/32 of tread. The Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 UTV tires follow the Tire & Rim Association's NHS (Not for Highway Service) tire design standard and are for ATV/UTV use only. Dirt Roads. Recently updated, the new Dynapro MT2 is Hankooks most extreme-ever off-road tire. Apparently there's a nationwide backorder of specific KM3 sizes including 35x12.5R15. Maxxis Bighorn has the better off-road performance to conquer any terrain because of its wider grooves. I was recommended falken wildpeak at3w in a C load. While not designed specifically for snow, mud tires generally perform pretty well on the white stuff. . Ie don't compare a 33 BFG AT to a Maxxis Creepy 37".. 2 different animals.. im ok with comparing 37 BFG and 37 Creepys.. . When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. thomas reed vreeland jr. pseg long island hosting capacity map The 811's are a 10 ply rated LT tyre but they only have 12mm of tread where other tyres in the AT/MT range have up to 14.7mm tread depth. Pro Comp backs them up with a 40,000-mile tread wear warranty. Of course youve got to do regular tire maintenance to get this kind of life, but so far I think these tires are well worth a try. They can scoop efficiently and their grooves take out the excess mud, avoiding tread to get packed. Theres little doubt that the Nitto Trail Grapplers are some of the best mud tires available today. Picking the best mud-terrain tire is not easy. of the corner. They are quite a bit more than the BFGs, however. (turboed 2h!) The BFG KM3 provides efficient mud evacuation with its elongated lugs and lateral (wider) grooves, whereas the Maxxis Razr M/T provides better scooping (throwing mud backwards and creating forward momentum as a result). Bfg km3's; Members: 3474 Posts: 168404 Topics: 10804 . Doesn't appear that those are 3-ply sidewalls like the others stated. Theres not one area that makes the Wildpeak M/T stand out compared to the other tires on this list, which is why its in our best-of-the-rest section. have about 9-10k miles on them. I've owned these tires for 10 months and have put . and those are inherently loud and less than optimal in rain and pack snow (contact patch) I think it's fair to say that Maxxis overall will be a softer compound tire that will perform. Moreover, on roads, the tire offers superior comfort, and wet traction. New Maxxis RAZR AT Tires Thread starter NHjake98; Start date Aug 16, 2020; Prev. 4.5. In addition a deeper tread depth is better in getting you through deep snow. Rugged and built to tackle any terrain, virtually every part of this mud tire has been optimized for maximum performance and durability. It comes in a range of 56 sizes from 14 to 22 inches. 2012 2500 CCSB, 3M Tint, Partial De-Badge, LED Bulbs, MM, Pillar Gauges, Bushwacker Extend-A-Flare, Deleted,TR Beadlocks, Falken Wildpeak A/T, 3" Thuren Level, High Clearance Control Arms, Spring Mod. Thats because it features lugs which are more streamlined towards pavements. They performed well, but are freaking heavy and really impact acceleration/braking/cornering. i also want a tire thats not loud and won't slip in the rain. They are SL, not LT, so I don't expect these to be rock-bashers, but that's not really what I need. Local tire shop just threw another stick on the fire. Having said that, both of our boys here simply offer great results on all types of muddy terrains. . The 32 x10 r-15 Liberty tires are hard to come by right now unless you go through a Can Am dealer and get OEM. , . We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. When it comes to mud-terrain tires, you cant really expect too much out of them here, as their aggressive structure isnt able to grip effectively and it get further compromised with speed, thats why they are mostly rated up to Q in speed ratings. The overall structure and shoulders come in to action on sides, and here both areas render BF Goodrich KM3 better. And so with better lateral maneuvering capability, combined with lighter weight (reaching up to only 83 lbs), the BF Goodrich KM3 provides superior handling feedback. Saw-edge shoulder blocks, side-biter lugs, 3-ply sidewall construction, and a tough polyester carcass all point to a tyre that can handle a mix of conditions on unsealed trails and rough off-road tracks. If there's any down side to this tire, it's the price at $177 to start. I have a pallet of BFG KM3 in 37x12.5x17 showing up on Tuesday. It features a soup of circumferential and lateral traction with its countless biters everywhere. Photosuckit would like $400 from you. A silica tread compound rounds out the package for added grip in wet and slippery conditions. Better than both Wildpeaks and BFGs. Are the Maxxis Razrs worth your hard earned money?! There are definitely some mud terrain tires that perform better in the slick stuff, but the Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 is certainly capable in the muck. On sand you need a light tire, with a larger section width. Innovative armor sidewall design maximizes sidewall traction and puncture . Made to Mud: 5% Better Mud Traction[1] Built to Climb: 8% Better Rock Traction[2] Created to Conquer: 27% Tougher Sidewalls[3] [1]Based on internal mud traction testing vs. Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 tire in size LT265/70R17 using a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'tiredriver_com-banner-1','ezslot_5',128,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tiredriver_com-banner-1-0');The 2 middle blocks that make up the tread pattern are arranged in a way that creates interconnected grooves that join with the outer longitudinal channels (though they are very tough passing). That's appalling. An above-average mud-terrain tire at the sort of price youd expect to pay for a garbage tire. From the makers of the legendary Super Swamper tires (among the best mud tires in the world) comes the TrXus M/T Radialswhich combine a smooth and quiet ride with tough, thick sidewalls for superior cut and chip resistance. They are a softer compound so thoughts are they will see increased wear vs a harder tread compound, say more miles than the avg super swamper TSL but less than say a BFG AT/MT. The Tire & Rim Association defines NHS as "Tires primarily designed for use outside of public roads, but suitable for temporary/incidental use on public roads." Owner reviews are strongly positive, though some owners report difficulty in having the tires balanced, and report the need to rotate the tires more frequently than expected, for more even wear. Have had much better luck with them over the carnivores. Not yet, but will post next week once my Carli 2.5 Pintop goes on the truck. Required fields are marked *, Copyright 2023 Truck Tire Reviews Stout WordPress theme by. This flagship off-road tire features Kevlar-reinforced sidewalls, which boost puncture resistance by 30%, as well as a wrap-around tread pattern designed for a strong bite in deep sand and mud. Maxxis Razr MT in 37x12.5xR17LT on TrailReady HD beadlocks, 17x8.5 5.5" BS . Thats the reason why sipes are important, but more siping is also directly proportional to faster wear, and that especially goes for mud tires, thats why you dont see enough on both of these tires here. Though still, the BF Goodrich KM3 offers better efficacy out of the two, as this tire features more silica in its composition, basically, and so its rubber is more flexible comparatively. We cant verify that, but we can say that owners swear buy it. )Current - Build/restore/maintain thread. Dirt roads, a little bit of real off-road, freeway, grooved freeway, some rain (no snow). Honestly, I wasnt familiar with the brand until my tenure as an Editor at an ATV magazine where I was given the opportunity to test out one of the many offerings that they have for the increasingly popular UTV market. Most riding is in the rocky high desert terrain of Northern Nevada. Re: New Maxxis Razr AT 811 tyres. MT tire lugs are much larger and deeper, and arranged for the purpose of digging into loose earth and tossing it away. Not at all, but likely the toughest and best test for the tires. JavaScript is disabled. RAZR MT. Is this the only trail that I took these on? These divisions allow the tire to grip even better on rocks when the tire is aired down, using more edges to add more grip. Maxxis RAZR MT Jeep tires; Innovative sidewall design maximizes sidewall traction and puncture . BFGoodrich Tires HD Terrain T/A KT 285/70R17 126/123Q. Most are designed to tackle rock climbing and snow as well. When it was time to replace the worn out slicks that came on an 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) I picked up as a weekend trail rig. Tweet. really well but not last as long, whereas BFG's are know to wear really well/ last a long time. In researching owner reviews, they get high marks for holding up to lots of paved road use and they excel at rock crawling. This extra layer of protection will help prevent side punctures out on the trail. So here with heavier weight the Maxxis M/T gets to burn more fuel. The Maxxis Razr was the clear winner, pulling up 1.3 metres shorter than its nearest rival (52.51 metres). Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. MAXXIS RAZR MT MT-772 SIDEWALL CONSTRUCTION 2 to 3-Ply (depending on size) SEASON All-Season. The Bridgestones had 14mm of tread depth versus 15mm for the BFGoodrich, Kumho and Maxxis tyres. The Toyo tires are closer in size very similar to the STT Pro and Maxxis RAZR. maxxis vs bf goodrich. They're pretty quiet, clean well, lasted me 40k on two different rigs and they are glue in the snow/ice. Press J to jump to the feed. Off-road grip is near the top on this list, with a slight edge in snow over some of its competitors. Nitto has pioneered what they call a hybrid terrain tire (sometimes also called a rugged terrain tire), that combines features of a mud-terrain and all-terrain tire. With a careful blend of off-road performance and on-road comfort and refinement, the Trail Grappler M/T tires from Nitto are perfect for the driver after top notch traction on the road less travelled, as well as good on-road manners, from the same tires. This tire covers all the bases with huge lugs and plenty of voice space, combined with a center tread section built for both grip and stability, while shoulder lugs easily churn through loose earth. As a comparison, tires like the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R or BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 have no warranty. On the other side, the BF Goodrich KM3 provides you with superior wet and snow traction, better overall comfort (bumps absorption), and great mud/dirt evacuation capabilities. I've never understood the draw to BFG tires. Oct 22, 2018 #1 sm10 Senior Member. And so as a result, you get shorter stopping distances in comparison on this tire. 6-ply-rated Radial Construction. As for handling on the road, these tires work amazingly well. Features: This is a race tire only and is not DOT-approved. They have come a long way in recent years to offer improvements in noise reduction and wet wether grip. They wear really well and work great for the desert! especially in M/T KM3 guise. Plain and simple, theyre tough! Perhaps what makes it the most special is Toyos commitment to the aftermarket with a huge selection of sizes, many of which are oversized, ranging from 15- all the way to 24-inches. So much so that I just put them on our '14 too. Braking is definitely harder because of the weight. Their exclusive Cooper Discoverer MTP looks very interesting. Get an in-depth look at three tires from the General Tire Grabber line the Grabber APT, A/TX and X3. Looked like a 1/4 mile car and rode like a horse and buggy. Unfortunately, those two things do not always go together. I'm Ozmen, and I work as a tire designer. Price: $298.95/$288.95. Generally speaking, however, mud-terrain tires are best left for off-road use only. Really expensive. 3 Ply Sidewall Construction on specific sizes for puncture resistance in off-road conditions. Good looking tire. Check Our Forum For The Latest in LED and Thuren Products. The final contestant was the up and coming battler that has had people talking, the Maxxis RAZR MT. Not stock gearing 4.56 and supercharged, so will have no problem pushing heavy 35's also in the 315/75/16 size for the BFG and Geolander both are 68lbs so there isnt actually any weight difference. There are also plenty of options for3/4/-ton and 1-ton trucks. The Razr M/T finished the test in a strong first place, achieving a total score of 401.4 points compared to 393.0 points for the Bridgestone tyre (second place) and 392.4 points for the Kumho tyre (third place). won't because nowhere to really go. Nitto does in the Trail Grappler. Would love to see some pictures if anyone has any mounted. Go. $180 off a set of four. It is pricey though with tires starting at over $200 a piece. For Your Info: I believe in the mud terrain category, the Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 (review), gives you the best wear life. The tread pattern is designed to bite strongly and keep the treads clear of mud, dirt, and snow, delivering consistent traction and predictable performance. Exceptional self-cleaning performance helps keep consistent contact with the surface beneath, and shoulder-mounted treads are installed via a special decoupling grove that allows for high flexibility and increased compatibility with challenging surfaces, even at steep steering angles. Best of all, the AT3W tires are rated for severe winter use, making them ideal for the driver who chooses to run a single tire on their 44, all year round. The BF Goodrich KM3 and the Maxxis Razr MT are preferred by off-road enthusiasts for their ability to perform on tough terrains and provide reliable traction.