There is no known official cause of death. Obituary: Meat Loaf. Rock and roll legend Meat Loaf has died at age 74. The prognosis is excellent as the procedure's success rate is over 95 percent.". [99], Hell in a Handbasket, released in October 2011 for Australia and New Zealand, and February 2012 for the rest of the world, was recorded and produced by Paul Crook; Dough McKean did the mix with input from Rob Cavallo. Meat Loaf's surprising death at age 74 is reportedly the result of COVID. He sang a Stoney and Meatloaf favorite of his, "(I'd Love to Be) As Heavy as Jesus", and subsequently got the part of Rabbit, a maniac that blows up his fellow soldiers so they can "go home". I'm usually alone in my hotel room from right after the show until the next day's sound check. [22] Meat Loaf later described his early days in the music industry as being treated like a "circus clown". . The goal was just to stay fit and be able to do my show," he said. What was his cause of death? Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side. [76] Steinman and his representatives attempted to block the album's release. [11] Meat Loaf often accompanied his mother in driving to the bars in Dallas to look for his father, and often stayed with his grandmother. The most common cancers are breast, lung, colon and rectum and prostate cancers. READ MORE: John Mellencamp Suffered Heart Attack At 42: Singer Speaks Up About Life Changes After Major Health Scare. The news was confirmed in a statement on Friday by his longtime agent Micheal Greene. Meat Loafs family have also yet to confirm or deny these claims. The reason for his death remains unclear. Of course,To Hell and Back [140] He donated to the presidential campaigns of Republican candidates Rick Santorum and John McCain, the latter of whom became the party's nominee in the 2008 United States presidential election. The performance was panned as the worst in the 34-year history of AFL Grand Final pre-game entertainment in a multitude of online reviews by football fans and Australian sport commentators. From his heart to your souls dont ever stop rocking! While the statement did not include details about Meat Loafs cause of death at the time, reports later surfaced revealing how Meat Loaf died. 2023 Music Times. [26], In December 1972, Meat Loaf was in the original off-Broadway production of Rainbow at the Orpheum Theatre in New York. Copyright The late rocker Meat Loaf was outspokenly anti-vaccine mandate and anti-mask before his death once telling a reporter, "If I die, I die, but I'm not going to be controlled . He suffered injuries to his neck, collarbone and shoulder, and was hospitalized for 42 days, according to a lawsuit he later filed against the hotel and the event organizers. Meat Loaf appears (uncredited) as Jack Black's father in the 2006 film Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny, providing vocals on the film's opening song "Kickapoo". [27] After the tour, Meat Loaf rejoined the cast of Hair, this time at a Broadway theater. I stopped being a k.d. A rep said on his Facebook page: "Our hearts are broken to. [66] The Hang Cool Tour followed in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada. The following year, the autobiography was adapted into a TV documentary movie on VH1, titled Meat Loaf: To Hell and Back. Marvin Lee Aday, better known as Meat Loaf, has died at the age of 74, a representative for the musician confirmed to Fox News. Understandably, fans of the Bat Out of Hell singer have since wanted to know how Meat Loaf died. 8 on the Billboard 200,[80] and sold 81,000 copies in its opening week,[81] but after that did not sell as well in the United States and yielded no hit singles, although it was certified gold. [145], Meat Loaf said that he did not believe in climate change. Meat Loaf, real name Marvin Lee Aday, has died at the age of 74, his family have confirmed in a statement sharing the sad news to Facebook. No cause of death was given. Meat Loaf's reported COVID illness "quickly became critical.". The late rocker Meat Loaf was outspokenly anti-vaccine mandate and anti-mask before his death once telling a reporter, "If I die, I die, but I'm not going to be controlled," according to reports Friday. It entered the UK Singles Chart at No. [122], In 2001, he sold his 5,083 square foot house in Mandeville Canyon near Los Angeles to Greg Kinnear for $3.6 million. His tour promoter, Andrew Miller, said that it was a result of "exhaustion and stress" and said that Meat Loaf would continue touring after suitable rest. [87] It opened in theaters in March 2008[88] and was released on DVD in May 2008. The album was a minor commercial success worldwide and reached No. PHOTO SUPPLIED/TheNikkiMason. He once turned me upside down in a Chinese Restaurant in St Johns Wood., Meanwhile,British actor Stephen Fry also remembered the legend, whom he performed with on an episode of Saturday Night Live in the mid-80s. Meat Loaf died on January 20, 2022, with TMZ reporting he died from Covid - although these claims are yet to be confirmed. [92], On June 27, 2008, Meat Loaf began The Casa de Carne Tour in Plymouth, England alongside his longtime duet partner Patti Russo, who debuted one of her own original songs during the show. and The Music Man. 1, Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are, Best-selling singles by year in the United Kingdom, Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Meat_Loaf&oldid=1141175388, Deaths from the COVID-19 pandemic in Tennessee, Participants in American reality television series, Thomas Jefferson High School (Dallas) alumni, All Wikipedia articles written in American English, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using infobox musical artist with associated acts, Articles containing potentially dated statements from 2016, All articles containing potentially dated statements, Articles with unsourced statements from January 2022, Articles needing additional references from January 2022, All articles needing additional references, Official website different in Wikidata and Wikipedia, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Lost Boys and Golden Girls / Bat Out of Hell 10th Anniversary World Tour (1988), Meat Loaf & Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (2004), This page was last edited on 23 February 2023, at 19:12. He was being treated for Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, but lost his battle on Friday morning at the age of 68, his publicist told TMZ. [47][48][49], Following a dispute with his former songwriter Jim Steinman, Meat Loaf was contractually obliged to release a new album, resulting in Midnight at the Lost and Found, released in May 1983. Mine appeared to have been quiet until now. One such performance on his world tour was at the 2003 NRL Grand Final in Sydney. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. The album featured three new songs co-written by Steinman two with Andrew Lloyd Webber and one with Don Black, "Is Nothing Sacred", released as a single. Rock legend Meat Loaf made a video in which he blamed China for the COVID-19 pandemic and revealed that he had health problems several months before his death Thursday night. Death Cause Explained Following singer Meatloaf's sudden death, netizens are speculating if his death was caused by Covid or Stroke. I've got songs for another record and I'm reading a script. He is on the list of best-selling music artists. In 2020, he said he was not 100% supportive of Trump. While his voice became fan-favorite, his "strained" voice almost disrupted his success during the early days of his career. [82] The album also featured duets with Patti Russo and Jennifer Hudson. "The grief I feel over the loss of my husband is gut-wrenching," Aday told People magazine in an article published on Monday. Rock legend Meat Loaf was "seriously ill" with COVID-19 just days before his death Thursday, according to a report. "An hour and 45 minutes that's pretty much a full show!" He had also lived on Beach Road in Fairfield, Connecticut. The legendary musician also confirmed to Rolling Stonethat he was diagnosed with Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome. [21] It features two songs by Steinman, both previously recorded, "Nowhere Fast" and "Surf's Up". [93] The tour continued through July and August with twenty dates throughout England, Ireland, Germany, Portugal, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark. I didn't want the responsibility anymore.". Meat Loaf sang lead on five of the album's nine tracks. 13 in the United States. Wife . But how did Meat Loaf die, exactly? Meat Loaf was born in Dallas, Texas, on September 27, 1947,[9][10] the son of Wilma Artie (ne Hukel), a school teacher and member of the Vo-di-o-do Girls gospel music quartet, and Orvis Wesley Aday, a former police officer who went into business selling a homemade cough remedy with his wife and a friend under the name of the Griffin Grocery Company. [141], On October 25, 2012, Meat Loaf endorsed Mitt Romney for president, citing poor RussiaUnited States relations as a major reason he had been "arguing for Mitt Romney for a year". Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours, the statement read. [118] Also in 1979, he and his family moved to a house on Eagle Drive in Stamford, Connecticut. He appeared in the 1997 film Spice World and he ranked 23rd for the number of weeks spent on the UK charts in 2006. [5] He was reportedly ill with COVID-19 earlier in January and reporting by TMZ suggested that he died from COVID-19 complications. In June 2008, he took part in a football penalty shootout competition on behalf of two cancer charities in Newcastle upon Tyne. But long before he caught the dreaded virus, Meat Loaf faced health setbacks that tested him for years. In the 2000s, he collapsed three times while performing. He was reportedly ill with COVID-19 earlier in . Meat Loaf then said: "If I die, I die, but I'm not going to be controlled. Bat Out of Hell has, as of December 2020, spent a total of 522 weeks in the Top 200 in the UK chart. Who's Still Together From 'The Perfect Match'? In 1981, Leslie gave birth to Amanda Aday, later a television actress. "Our hearts are broken to announce that the. [146] In an interview with the Daily Mail in 2020, he called Greta Thunberg "brainwashed" due to her views on climate change, saying: "I feel for that Greta. All Rights Reserved. His official cause of death has yet to be announced, but all sources . He, fortunately, recovered after undergoing psychotherapy for four sessions a week for a year with the help of his then-wife, Leslie. Meat Loaf, the singer and actor whose debut album "Bat Out of Hell" in 1977 became one of the best-selling of all time, has died at the age of 74. On top of that, he almost left himself crippled when he shattered his leg in the 1970s. In the United Kingdom alone, its 2.1million sales put it in 38th place. He played a small role as a doorman/bouncer in Wayne's World in 1992. [137], Although he did not belong to any faith-based institution, Meat Loaf was religious. Following his tragic death, Meat Loafs surviving family issued a statement confirming the news of his passing on the stars Facebook page. So, how did Meat Loaf die? Meat Loaf's longtime agent Michael Greene delivered. Much of which came as the result of losing his mother to breast cancer. [11] He attended church and Bible study every Sunday. Michael Lee Aday (born Marvin Lee Aday; September 27, 1947 January 20, 2022), known professionally as Meat Loaf, was an American rock singer and actor with a powerful, wide-ranging voice, famous for his theatrical live shows. While a cause of death is yet to be. [103][104] Meat Loaf responded by calling online critics "butt-smellers",[105] and the AFL "jerks", vowing to convince other artists not to play at the event. In 1993, he sat down for an interview with People, where he confessed that he did not know how to deal with things that were happening around him. [25] He moved to Freeland, Michigan for a year and was the opening act at the Grande Ballroom 80 times. The single featured a female vocalist who was credited only as "Mrs. Brian May of Queen features on guitar along with Steve Vai. The rocker is also known for his film and television appearances throughout the years, the most notable of which include his role as Eddie in 1975s Rocky Horror Picture Showand the character Robert Bob Paulson in 1999sFight Club. National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences. While the official cause of death for the Grammy-winning musician, whose real name was Marvin . The 74-year-old "I . ', Meat Loaf Told PEOPLE He Was 'Unbelievably Happy' After Overcoming Alcohol Abuse, Enjoying Family in 1993, Imagine Dragons' Dan Reynolds Goes Shirtless After Knee Sprain: 'Health and Rehabilitation', 'Harry Potter' 's Tom Felton on Rehab and Mental Health: 'The Alcohol Wasn't the Problem. [43] Meat Loaf then played the role of Travis Redfish in the movie Roadie until his singing voice returned. In 1998, Meat Loaf released The Very Best of Meat Loaf. Friday morning, TMZ reported that Meat Loaf had been diagnosed with COVID-19 recently and had been "seriously ill" prior. [58], Following the success of Meat Loaf's touring in the 1980s, he and Steinman began work during December 1990 on Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell which was released in September 1993. [32] Todd Rundgren, under the impression that they already had a record deal, agreed to produce the album as well as play lead guitar along with other members of Rundgren's band Utopia and Max Weinberg. [75] In May 2006, Meat Loaf sued Steinman and his manager in federal District Court in Los Angeles, seeking $50million and an injunction against Steinman's use of the phrase. The album debuted at No. . [21] In 1985, Meat Loaf took part in some comedy sketches in the UK with Hugh Laurie. Their regional success led them to release a single, "Once Upon a Time", backed with "Hello". ", Meat Loaf said that he tried to maintain his physical therapy routine with a treadmill, recumbent bike, free weights and a stress machine, but "COVID put me back to zero. [150] Meat Loaf had asthma and, in July 2011, he fainted on stage while performing in Pittsburgh due to an asthma attack. Photo / AP Details have emerged about Meat Loaf's views on vaccine mandates and mask-wearing prior to the late singer's death. An agreement was reached in July 2006. I hope paradise is as you remember it from the dashboard light, Meat Loaf. [29] The success of the musical led to the filming of The Rocky Horror Picture Show in which Meat Loaf played only Eddie, a decision he said made the movie not as good as the musical. [108], In September 2016, Braver Than We Are, a 10-track album created with Jim Steinman, was released. Deborah Aday, wife of the late musician Meat Loaf, said she's thankful for the "outpouring of love" she's received after the "Bat Out of Hell" singer died last week at age 74. [6], In addition to his role in 1975 for Rocky Horror Picture Show, Meat Loaf also had a career as an actor in television and film. In that time, he sold over 100 million albums worldwide and starred in over 65 movies including Fight Club, Focus, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Wayne's . U.S. rock and roll singer Meat Loaf attends a news conference promoting his latest album "Bat Out of Hell III: The Monster Is Loose" in Hong Kong . Struggling with mental health issues, Meat Loaf said he turned to alcohol for nearly a year amid an emotional breakdown, only recovering thanks to psychotherapy (four sessions a week for a year) and the support of his then-wife Leslie. A post . TMZ has learned. "Mine appeared to have been quiet until now. His early stage work included dual roles in the original Broadway cast of The Rocky Horror Show. [39] In 1978, Meat Loaf jumped off a stage in Ottawa, Ontario, breaking his leg. To find out more about Meat Loafs life before his death, check out To Hell and Back: An Autobiography People with this disease suffer from fast heart rate and other arrhythmias. In March 1994, at the 36th Annual Grammy Awards, Meat Loaf won the Grammy Award for Best Rock Vocal Performance, Solo for "I'd Do Anything for Love". The performances included the Australian Boys' Choir singing back-up on a Couldn't Have Said It Better track, "Testify". His highly theatrical, energetic performances also put a strain on his health in the 1970s, he shattered his leg after leaping off stage, and he collapsed three times while performing in the 2000s. Image: Torsten Sukrow/SULUPRESS.DE/picture-alliance/dpa/AP Images. Our mission at STYLECASTER is to bring style to the people, and we only feature products we think youll love as much as we do. But . [12] He was later called "M.L." [163] His daughter had posted to Instagram in early January that: "We are not sick, but we have too many friends and family testing positive [for COVID-19] right now, positive but doing OK". The office of the chief medical . [35] Meat Loaf was cast as an understudy for John Belushi in the National Lampoon show Lemmings. [151][152][153], He collapsed again while on stage in Edmonton in June 2016 due to severe dehydration, after having already cancelled two other shows due to illness. But not me. [24], With the publicity generated from Hair, Meat Loaf accepted an invitation by Motown, in Detroit, to record only the vocals with fellow Hair performer Shaun "Stoney" Murphy on an album of songs written and selected by the Motown production team. A cause of death is not known at this time, although TMZ is reporting that the singer died . Fact #3 : Meat Loaf Died From COVID-19. The 74-year-old. Meat Loaf and Stoney toured with Jake Wade and the Soul Searchers, opening for Richie Havens, the Who, the Stooges, Bob Seger, Alice Cooper, and Rare Earth. He appeared as the Spice Girls' bus driver in the 1997 movie Spice World and as Red in the 1998 thriller/drama film Black Dog alongside Patrick Swayze and Randy Travis. At the time of his death, the recording process had not yet begun. Jim Steinman, who wrote and produced huge hits for Meat Loaf, Air Supply, Celine Dion and Bonnie Tyler, is dead . While no official cause of death has been shared, TMZ reported that sources with knowledge of the moments leading up to Meat Loaf's passing claimed that he was "seriously ill" with COVID-19 before his death. His sudden death has left fans wondering about his real cause of deathand were sharing everything we know so far below. Meat Loaf Dead at 74 From COVID Exclusive Details 64.3K 1/21/2022 3:18 AM PT Remembering Meat Loaf Launch Gallery Getty Meat Loaf -- the singer with some monstrous hits -- has died at. We thank you for your understanding of our need for privacy at this time. [95] The album is based on the story of a fictional soldier, whose "story" furnishes the theme. [28], In late 1973, Meat Loaf was cast in the original L.A. Roxy cast of The Rocky Horror Show, playing the parts of Eddie and Dr. Everett Scott. "Many people are born with this condition and can live their whole lives without ever knowing it is there," he said in a statement at the time. Meat Loaf died on January 20, 2022, at the age of 74. Just months before his death, Meat Loaf opened up about being scared to death of COVIDyet he claimed hed rather die than have to deal with quarantine. Probably because mothers wouldn't let their kids play with me". [128][126] Before his death, he lived in Brentwood, Tennessee. READ ALSO: Avicii Once Faced Heartbreak After Legendary Musicians Refused to Work With Him, New Documentary Explains Why. [71] As a result, Meat Loaf's insurance agency did not allow him to perform for any longer than one hour and 45 minutes. when Meat Loaf was 19 years old, his mother died from cancer and his father barely . [62], In 1995, Meat Loaf released his seventh studio album, Welcome to the Neighborhood. advertisement. During an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published in August 2021, he also labeled face masks a nuisance., Youre not afraid (of Covid)? a reporter asked him at the time, to which he replied, Oh, Im scared to death! The 74-year-old "Bat Out of Hell" singer who was reportedly critically ill with COVID-19 before he passed away Thursday . I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics." [129], In 1984, Meat Loaf legally changed his first name from Marvin to Michael because he was haunted by a Levi Strauss & Co. commercial which according to him contained the line, 'Poor fat Marvin can't wear Levi's'. [18] He used the inheritance he received from his mother's death to rent an apartment in Dallas and isolated himself for three-and-a-half months until a friend found him. [114] However, on January 20, 2022, he suddenly died at age 74. And I'm never bored; I don't get bored. [134], He revealed that he had social anxiety and said, "I never meet anybody much in a social situation because when I go into a social situation, I have no idea what to do." Patti Russo and Kara DioGuardi also duet on the album. [127] In May 2012, he moved to Austin, Texas, purchasing a newly constructed 5,200 square foot house at 17701 Flagler Drive for $1,475,000. [83] In the weeks following the release of Bat III, Meat Loaf and the Neverland Express did a brief tour of the U.S. and Europe, known as the Bases are Loaded Tour. According to Meat Loaf, Steinman was too ill to work on such an intense project while Steinman's manager said health was not an issue. Meat Loaf's death was first reported on January 21, 2022, by his family, who released a statement. An ad blocker has likely . [135] He also said that as a kid, "Being too fat to play with the other children, I had to spend a lot of time alone, which probably has a lot to do with the way I am today. [46], On December 5, 1981, Meat Loaf and the Neverland Express were the musical guests for Saturday Night Live where he and former fellow Rocky Horror Picture Show actor Tim Curry performed a skit depicting a One-Stop Rocky Horror Shop. Upon leaving the hospital, the rocker took part in physical therapy, something he was still doing and which was going "really well" until the pandemic threw a wrench in things. [74], Steinman had registered the phrase "Bat Out of Hell" as a trademark in 1995. [32][33][34] It closed two weeks into its initial run. Read up ahead for everything know about Meat Loafs cause of death. Drake, J. Cole, Usher, Burna Boy Headlining Dreamville Festival 2023: Tickets, Dates, MORE, 2023 Beale Street Music Festival Date, Venue, Final Lineup, & More Details, 2023 Aftershock Festival Taps Guns N' Roses as 1st Headliner [DETAILS], Rock To Remember Concert: Where To Watch, How To Stream, Stream Date & Time, and More Details About 2022 Show, Kellie Pickler 'Trying To Understand What Happened' Amid Suicide of Husband Kyle Jacobs, Tom Sizemore Net Worth 2023: How Much Former Day 8 Singer-Now-Actor Made So Far in His Career Revealed. [32][37] They then shopped the record around, but they still had no takers until Steve Popovich's Cleveland International Records took a chance, releasing Bat Out of Hell in October 1977. 1 and No. The singer's cause of death has not yet been revealed. In fact, I'll help you with your campaign." [154] The playback containing his pre-recorded, voice-over vocal track continued while he lay unconscious on the stage, which caused controversy over lip syncing, claims that Meat Loaf denied, saying that his mic was live. That same year, Meat Loaf appeared in his final theatrical show in New York City, the short-lived Broadway production of Gower Champion's rock musical Rockabye Hamlet. Singer Meat Loaf died this week aged 74. "Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side," the statement read. Meat Loaf convinced Epic Records to shoot music videos for four songs, "Bat Out of Hell", "Paradise by the Dashboard Light", "You Took the Words Right Out of My Mouth", and "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" and convinced Lou Adler, the producer of Rocky Horror, to run the "Paradise" video as a trailer to the movie. Love and prayers to all his family and close friends, Boy George wrote on social media. Ron Silver and Fred Gwynne were also in the show. [115], In 2000, he played a character in the sixth-season episode "Gettysburg" of The Outer Limits. While no official cause of death has been shared, TMZ reported that sources with knowledge of the moments leading up to Meat Loafs passing claimed that he was seriously ill with COVID-19 before his death. Discussing the confusion caused by his contrasting stage name and dietary habits, he once told Entertainment Weekly, "There've been vegetarians who wouldn't speak to me because of my name. Sources also confirmed that his condition quickly worsened, leading him to suffer more complications. Meat Loaf played high school football at the position of defensive tackle. Mrs. [142] He said, "I have never been in any political agenda in my life, but I think that in 2012 this is the most important election in the history of the United States." The news: Meat Loaf's official Facebook page announced Friday that Meat Loaf had died. [4][5][6][7] The key to this success was his popularity in Europe, especially in the United Kingdom and Ireland. According to the site,. That didn't last long," he told The Guardian in 2008. In 2003, Meat Loaf released his album Couldn't Have Said It Better. Meat Loaf, a singer and actor who made massive contributions in the industry, suffered privately for years before his untimely death. From his heart to your souls don't ever stop rocking!" Meat Loaf, the heavyweight rock superstar loved by millions for his Bat Out of Hell album and for theatrical, dark-hearted anthems, has died. However, Meat Loaf's record company did not want Meat Loaf to sing Steinman's songs, saying that nobody wanted to hear them. He was apparently diagnosed with COVID-19 earlier in January, and according to TMZ, COVID-19 issues may have contributed to his death. He was 73. His family confirmed his cause of death, . After hearing about the assassination, he and a friend drove to Parkland Hospital where he saw Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, bloodied, getting out of the car.[15]. Although Meat Loaf's official cause of death has yet to be confirmed, he famously labeled face masks a "nuisance" in an interview about COVID-19 published last August. The album, titled Stoney & Meatloaf (with Meat Loaf spelled as one word), was released in September 1971 and included the single "What You See Is What You Get"; it reached number 36 on the Best Selling Soul Singles chart and number 71 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. While growing up, he attended church with his mother and studied the Bible, which influenced his work. Watch the video to learn about the upsetting details revealed about Meat Loaf's death.#MeatLoaf #Singer #RIPRead Full Article: https://www.looper.com/740420/. "I didn't know how to deal with what was going on around me," he told PEOPLE in 1993 of stepping away from the spotlight a year after the album was released. The media hasn't officially released Meatloaf's cause of death. Michael Lee Aday (born Marvin Lee Aday; September 27, 1947 - January 20, 2022), known professionally as Meat Loaf, was an American rock . They dont do anything. Patti Russo accompanied him on the tour, continuing through mid-2011. She hasn't done anything wrong but she's been forced into thinking that what she is saying is true". Cancer is a leading cause of death worldwide, accounting for nearly 10 million deaths in 2020, or nearly one in six deaths. Six U.S. shows were also added for October and December 2008. Meat Loaf, still a teenager at the time, was so gripped by grief that, according to Classic Rock Magazine, during his mother's funeral "he grabbed her body and screamed at the undertakers, 'You can't have her!'" Soon after the funeral Orvis burst into Meat's bedroom brandishing a butcher knife. He said that he does not "even go anywhere" and that he felt that he led a "boring life", in having said that he "completely freaked" when having to attend a party and that he was "so nervous, so scared" of the idea.