Corpus Christi Moody's stats have been entered for the 20-7 loss vs. Ray on 11/4/2022 7:00 PM. Now I own both sides of this corporation, Ganus said. His son, A.J. MaxPreps is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Recap: Moody vs. Southside - Gadsden 2022. Due to the construction, we are unsure of how many parking spots will be available. Home Coaches Our Sponsors Players Varsity Schedule Alumni at the next level Meet the Player Banquet Pictures Showcases and Camps Fundraising and Sponsorship Information/Forms @MhsDvlBaseball Facebook Link . There will be limited parking spots next year, and there is a possibility that 10th graders are not allowed to park. They play hard for him and do a good job with what they do. Its truly been a blessing to be at Moody and to have the backing of a full city, Ganus said. highlights. Watch Later. It doesn't matter if you majored in a non-related sports degree. How can we make Moody more successful. 1818 Trojan Drive |. Monday: Practice- 6 PM ***subject to change due to weather***, Thursday: Tutorials at 3:30 PM/JV @ BV-Eddy 7:30 PM, Friday: Varsity vs. BV-Eddy 7:30 PM *Sr Night/ No JV Practice after school, Thursday: Tutorials at 3:30 PM/ JV vs Riesel 6:30 PM, Friday: Varsity at Riesel 7:30 PM/ No JV Practice after school, Thursday: Tutorials at 3:30 PM/NO JV GAME, Friday: Varsity vs. Crawford 7:30 PM/ No JV Practice after school, Thursday: Varsity Film at 3:30 PM/JV Tutorials 3:30 PM/, Friday: Varsity @ Bosqueville 7:30 PM/ No JV Practice after school, Thursday: JV home 6:30 PM/Varsity Film at 3:30 PM, Friday: Varsity @ Marlin 7:30 PM/ No JV Practice after school, Saturday: Cotton Harvest Festival Parade @ 10 AM/ Varsity film to follow, Thursday: JV @ Valley Mills 6:30 PM/ No Varsity Practice after school, Friday: Varsity vs. Valley Mills 7:30 PM *1st District Game/ No JV Practice after school, Monday: V Weights after school; No JV Practice after school, Thursday: Early Release School Day; V Practice until - 2 PM/ No JV Practice after school. Its worked out well for our guys., Moody High School football fans show their support for new head coach Jake Ganus. *Record tiebreakers are determined by each district through District Executive Committees. Copyright All rights reserved. I think if you dont get better, you get worse. Ganus played football at Chelsea High as well as in college at UAB and Georgia. Texas High School Sports Database - Honors, Games, Playoffs, Schedules, Results, History, and More. A copy of the STUDENT drivers license (NOT PERMIT) AND proof of insurance. In the first five games, weve only punted three times twice this past Friday and once against Sylacauga. Ive learned a lot and gotten a different perspective. Were far from perfect, but on that side of the ball were embracing it as our standard.. We have chosen to publish this information in hopes our visitors will participate in assisting us to complete every school. Shortly after that meeting ended, the new coach spoke about the challenges and opportunity of taking over at Moody. Thats really what made me as a football player, and getting back to my roots like that was really enticing to me facilities are great, but I think people make the place, and I think the people here make this a special place.. Theres no my way or the highway. What I want to do is take what Ive learned, what Ive been able to take in during my five years with Thompson and apply it to Moody. There are over 400 students at Moody Jr. High School. Posted on 10/18/22 at 12:37 pm. It's only been done twice in the 44 years that the St. Clair County school has had a football program. One of the state's all-time prolific high school place kickers has committed to play football at Michigan on the premise that he'll be receiving an athletic scholarship sometime in the . Jackson spent 14 years at Vigor and thanked his former head coaches -- Kerry Stevenson, Ashley Johnson, Deric Scott and now John McKenzie. The last time Moody won at least five straight games to open the season, current head football coach Jake Ganus was in diapers. The turnovers. Weve scored every time weve had it and thats a big stat. Ganus played high school ball at Chelsea and played linebacker at UAB prior to the closure of the Blazers football program in 2014. (Special to The Commercial/Jimmy Jones) Maurice Moody will try his hand at leading Watson. Top NCSA Athletes at Moody High School Football - Wide Receiver Class of 2023 Colbi Goodwin Softball - Shortstop Class of 2022 Trashawn Hill Football - Running Back Class of 2020 Katelynn Hale Women's Volleyball - Setter Class of 2023 Top NCSA Athletes in Area Dominique McGill Women's Track - 400M Class of 2014 Justin Perales Baseball - 1st Base Stone. Its obviously different, but honestly thats what drew me to Moody from Thompson, Ganus said, because of where Im from and where I played at Chelsea. Learn about Moody High School football recruits in Moody. Corpus Christi Moody's stats have been entered for the 55-16 loss @ Victoria West on 9/30/2022 7:30 PM. Signs stating support for suspended Wamego head football coach Weston Moody lean on a tree outside the USD 320 district . PLEASE DO NOT PAY FOR PARKING UNTIL WE HAVE MORE INFORMATION! Where I went to high school was very similar in terms of enrollment, in terms of size and size of the community and facilities. The 2021 team went 6-4. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. Corpus Christi Moody's stats have been entered for the 34-15 loss @ King on 10/28/2022 7:00 PM. You have permission to edit this article. As for his immediate plans at Moody, Ganus said that he was looking to build on the recent success the team has found. Jake Ganus was named the new Moody High School head football coach at the regularly scheduled BOE meeting on Tuesday night. Please check your email for a confirmation. I live on the edge of Chelsea and Columbiana (home of Shelby County High) and I played at Chelsea, said Ganus, who was All-State there as a senior before becoming a standout linebacker at UAB and the University of Georgias MVP in 2015. https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2021/12/17/moody-high-school-former-uga-linebacker-jake-ganus-head-coach/, Ranking the most iconic SEC football stadiums from worst to first, Former UGA football DB retires from football, Watch: Kelee Ringo runs blazing fast 40-yard dash, Watch: Georgia QB Stetson Bennett runs 40-yard dash. Were about to do some amazing things together. Jackson replaces Shawn Burney at LeFlore. Compare Moody High School to Other Schools ccisd.us (361) 878-7340 1818 TROJAN DR Moody Bearcats 2 - 5 4 - 6 Idle. Powered . When you make it about yourself, play to your standard, thats when you play your best and have success.. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). I tend to follow the linebackers a good bit since its what I did and what I coached at Thompson for five years. Former Berkeley High School Stags football coach Gerald Moody will be inducted into the South Carolina Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame at a banquet in Myrtle Beach on. (Please check the expiration date of your insurance card). Proud of our guys and the steps taken this season. We are that good. Moodys closest contest was a 15-point win (42-27) over traditional power Alexandria in Week 3. Michael Cantu. While Ganus went undrafted in 2016, he signed a free agent deal with the NFLs Minnesota Vikings in 2016. Moody High School 2022-2023 On-line Registration Dear Parents and Guardians, We wanted to send an update on registration. There are too many people to name, but Im truly indebted to each of you.. Low 42F. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts. MOODY, AL Moody High School will take the football field next year without head coach Adam Wallace. Trussville Area Pets Up For Adoption: Gloria, Hope, Phia & More, Local Jobs: Check Out Who's Hiring In The Trussville Area. Our offense will be spread, tempo. Itll be an RPO, air-raid type system so we do need somebody that can spit the ball out and thats something well have to find in the program or in the hallways.. Corpus Christi Moody's stats have been entered for the 49-14 loss vs. Carroll on 10/6/2022 12:00 AM. 866-495-5172 . Tim Twentyman. To all of those who have welcomed myself and my family back home, I cant thank you enough. Assistant Editor Josie Howell: 205-884-3400. Quote from Jaylen Moody's high school coach. The belief comes from the work. His family will be present to accept the honor on his behalf. Following a brief NFL stint, Ganus spent five seasons as a coach at powerhouse Thompson High School in Alabaster, Alabama. Buy newspaper front pages, posters and more. Apply to Football Coach, Personal Trainer, Kids Coach and more! I just want to let you know to the players, the administrators and everyone associated with the program I stand before you as a true sign of what God is able to do.. We couldnt be in a better spot, said Ganus of his growing family, that includes high-school sweetheart wife Peyton, 4-year-old daughter Bentley and Beau, born the second day of fall camp about seven weeks ago. Please check your email for the snap code Thank you for being patient while the issues were worked out. After four weeks, we were averaging 54 points a game, he said. Assistant Coaches: Scott Hawks, Keith Talbert, George Woods, John Kile, Gary Curtis, Robert Martinez, Samuel Luna, Joe Martinez, Mike Cantu. Wallace is expected to transfer. PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK/SPAM FOLDERS FOR THIS INFORMATION! They are a tough team. Do you want to work close to home? We just can't turn the ball over and we are not a team that can overcome going backwards. Moody head football coach Adam Wallace looks on from the sideline during a home game on Oct. 8, 2020. Ganus must still be approved by the board in January. Buy Bulldogs Tickets Ganus' hire is pending. submitted photo MOODY Thompson High School co-defensive coordinator Jake Ganus was. HENRICO COUNTY, Va. - Meadowbrook High School football coach Kedrick Dante Moody was arrested over the weekend for an assault at a Henrico motel. Its something me and my family have been fully immersed in. He spent 3 years at Spring Hill High School . The board approved the revision of salary schedules for the Summer Migrant program, bookkeepers and Edstream teachers and staff. We still make a lot of mistakes, whether its a holding penalty, false starts, the wrong routes, the wrong reads. Moody now a graduate student for the No. Please verify it is correct. Wallace was relieved of his coaching duties Monday, according to the Trussville Tribune. on demand Nov 11, 2022 5:00 PM PST. 4 Michigan football team could hit from beyond 60 in practice, and was ready for the opportunity if it ever emerged. Wallace went 11-28 in four years as head coach. On 10/21, the Moody varsity football team won their away conference game against Southside (Gadsden, AL) by a score of 35-13. Football starts the whole school year. Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. He is currently a football coach at Thompson High School in Alabaster. Weve all worked hard and made sacrifices to be able to lead a program. I tell my position coaches they are the head coach of their position. "I know they love Deontae Lawson, but Moody is the best inside linebacker on that team. Ganus said hes excited to helm the Blue Devils, even though it will be much different than his work with Thompson. Kris O'Neal. On 10/14, the Corpus Christi Moody varsity football team lost their away conference game against Miller (Corpus Christi, TX) by a score of 56-0. Moody High School. (stadium/gym names): Adam Wallace Associations Alabama High School Athletic Association Moody High School Moody High School 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. MaxPreps is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Corpus Christi Moody High School Football, 47-10 (L) Corpus Christi Moody vs. Victoria East, 49-14 (L) Corpus Christi Moody vs. Carroll, 55-16 (L) Corpus Christi Moody @ Victoria West. He coached in Plano for 10 years in the West feeder pattern at Renner Middle School, Jasper High School, and Plano West Senior High as the offensive line coach. He served as linebackers coach and college recruiting coordinator for Mark Freeman at Thompson.