He played during the time Napa was out of league competition and thus was ineligible for All-League honors. I enjoy watching the Celtics the most though. The program was getting known. Subscribe today! As a coach, I want to provide the best possible environment for our student-athletes to make those lasting friendships, grow as young adults, and create positive, life-shaping memories. All Boston/New England sports teams! His teams won 376 games during his coaching tenure and he has had a positive influence on, Tim Mulligan retired from teaching after 37 years. In addition, he, Bud Townsend was a four-sport athlete at Napa High School, competing in football, basketball, baseball and track. He stepped in as the interim head coach in the middle of COVID and continued to lead this program, creating stability during a time of tremendous uncertainty. Quality journalism doesn't happen without your help. Napa Valley Unified School District 4 years 9 months Teaching Professional Jan 2023 - Present3 months United States Teacher & Head Football Coach Jul 2018 - Dec 20224 years 6 months. I started coaching because it was the closest thing I could get to still being in the game, to that competitiveness. What I love most is seeing a player find their place on a team, build confidence and develop a love for a game they can continue to play for years to come. In his two years at Napa High, Aguilar excelled in football, basketball and baseball. What do you love most about coaching? What sports did you play in High School/College? What people don't really know about me is I am actually quite an introvert. Devoted to shaping student athletes and the game of soccer, Richmond used these passions to motivate and educate students, Pete Rivers came to the Napa Valley in 1950 from Oklahoma, where he was a living legend as a high school and college athlete and a high school coach. Why do you coach or brief description of your coaching philosophy? He was a three-sport star in baseball, basketball and football. Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device. Athletes are involved in fall, winter and spring sports that include: FallCross Country, Football, Girls' Golf, Girls' Tennis, Volleyball, and Water Polo WinterBoys' Basketball, Girls' Basketball, Boys' Soccer, Girls' Soccer, and Wrestling Track information for the period is very sketchy, but Coach Walter Hemmerling called Johnson the most promising candidate on the 1934 track squad, where he competed, Tom Johnson had an enviable record as a four-sport athlete during his three years at Napa High. Brewster, the Buffs' Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, and Logan, voice of the Broncos and coach of the four-time-reigning Class 5A state football champs at Cherry Creek, go back a bit. Not to say that every athlete doesnt deserve the absolute highest quality coaching and instruction, but to me, a coach also means being a mentor, a confidant, a friend, a leader and a positive role model in a young persons life. A two-time All-North Bay League fullback in football, Sander was also a high, Russ Schamun was the receiving end of one of the most dramatic passing combinations to grace Napa High School. Mike Brown has coached multiple sports at multiple levels during a 29-year time period at Napa High. What do you love most about coaching? Golf/Basketball, College(s) attended/major? NAPA (CBS SF) -- A civil complaint filed Thursday on behalf of a student who says he was sexually assaulted by his teammates on the Napa High School football team alleges coaches and. The school board could vote on Torres as early as Wednesday night. Bad luck! In high school, Colledge had an incredible record as a four year star in all four major sports football, basketball, baseball and track., As the son of a football coach and college athletic director, it is no surprise that Jerry Dunlap would follow in his dads footsteps, and it was Napa Highs good fortune that landed Dunlap in Napa. Why do you coach or brief description of your coaching philosophy? Santa Rosa Junior College. Assistant and Football Coach at Vilnius Football Academy Iekome pastiprinimo! What is a strange fact that many people do not know about you? What I love most about coaching is the relinquishing of control over a situation to another and watching athletes evolve as they gain mastery of technical skills and build mental toughness. He led the team in tackles, recovered 10, Dick Simpson was a two-sport standout for the Indians during his time at Napa High, but truly excelled on the football field. Herlocker made several stops along the way to, Denny Lewis was the Napa High School mens basketball coach from 1974 to 2002, 28 years of directing the Blue and Gold program. In football, Rawlins was a wide receiver and tight end and did the punting on, Bill Ringer was a three-sport athlete at Napa High School. 2006 Shani Davis becomes the first Black athlete to win an individual gold medal in Winter Olympic history, capturing the mens 1,000-meter speedskating race. I was part of a small group that was invited to sing the National Anthem at a Giants game. What is a strange fact that many people do not know about you? At 15 years and 315 days, easily beats Austrias Fritzi Burger and American Beatrix Loughran. I want to specialize in the student athlete and have built my career around this concept. There's nothing better than seeing a player accomplish something that they didn't believe they could. I love to watch the Spainard, Rafael Nadal, compete and fight for grand slam championships. I love seeing the growth of my players every year in basketball and in their lives. Thats one of the things you can tell about the growth of a program, having kids like that, Adams said. Learn - Enjoy - Practice before winning. Nampa High School (ID) Varsity Football Nampa Bulldogs Varsity Boys Football Nampa, ID FOLLOW TEAM 22-23 V. Football Home Schedule Roster Stats Standings Rankings Videos News More / Nampa High School Football Nampa Football OVERALL 7-3 0.70 Win % CONFERENCE 6-1 1st in Conference HOME4-2 AWAY3-1 NEUTRAL0-0 PF279 PA268 STREAK1L Contribute to the Team He achieved success in the more traditional sports of basketball and football, but also added a three-year stint as Napa Highs Most Outstanding Swimmer. His track exploits included participation in the 440-yard dash, 880-yard run and football throw. Adams grew up in Pennsylvania, starring in football at Cumberland Valley High near Harrisburg before playing safety for Penn State. He transferred to third base as a sophomore and hit over .400. Chris also spent four years living in Granada, Spain, where he both taught and coached football for the Granada Lions and led the Lions to their first-ever Division II National Championship. My plan is to stay here (at Napa High) and continue teaching. He's had similar roles in Walnut Creek, Grass Valley, Auburn, Tracy and Patterson. Torres along with eight other JV football players is facing expulsion after an alleged hazing incident. He grew up in Ohio. High School- Swimming, Soccer, Water Polo;College- Water Polo, College(s) attended/major? A lesser-known fact about me: I play cello, saxophone and accordion, started taking online bluegrass mandolin classes during COVID-induced quarantine and enjoy creating musical parodies. More Real Estate News articles. He previously served as the school's . In addition to being a starting end on the football teams of 1954 and 1955, a pitcher-first baseman on the 1955 and 1956 baseball teams and, Jim Henry is best known for his accomplishments as a track star at Napa High School, but he also was a major threat as a wide receiver on the football team. Playing both offense and defense, Gonzalez seldom, if ever, came off the field during his high, John Graves was another three-sport athlete at Napa High, who ran the 880-yard run for the track team and played one year of B basketball and two years of varsity basketball, culminating his career by leading the 1939-40 team in, With his induction into the Napa High School Athletic Hall of Fame in 1999, Louie Guisto becomes the oldest alumnus to be so honored. Chris is also the third generation of his family to attend Napa High School. Team LeBron's LeBron James, of the Cleveland Cavaliers, holds the MVP trophy after his team defeated Team Stephen at the NBA All-Star basketball game, Sunday, Feb. 18, 2018, in Los Angeles. During that time, he led his teams to a record of 34-2. Art Institute of California, San Francisco - BS in Graphic Design. Coaching, like teaching, is so dynamic because it challenges the coach or teacher to consistently find new and creative ways to educate those that they are mentoring. Copyright 2023 KGO-TV. Effective immediately, Napa High School will engage in an extensive recruitment process that includes input from our student-athletes, families, and staff.. He was also an outstanding linebacker on the 1960 team. I also sing and play guitar-- I wrote and sang my vows at my wedding last year. He is very excited to re-engage the Napa community as he works with his staff to build a strong and vibrant future for all three levels of the Napa High football program.. The ability to share life changing moments that Iknow will make a difference in athletes lives. Quality journalism doesn't happen without your help. I was very fortunate to have great coacheswhen I played youth and high school sports. I look at my team now, and I forget that weve only been coaching them for less than a few months. Make changes to the header and footer on the "Edit Header and Footer" tab on the left. San Francisco 49ers. The hearing was held to decide whether or not to expel Johnny Torres, a Napa High School JV football player, for one year. Tennis (high school/college),Basketball (high school),Softball (high school/college), College(s) attended/major? She established an incomparable record of success, whether, Bob Herlocker has been a teacher and a coach for 39 years, 25 of which have been at Napa High. 2017 Mikaela Shiffrin wins a third straight slalom title at the ski world championships to retain her unbeaten record at major events. There was a problem saving your notification. He was a shortstop and pitcher on, Kevin Wilma was an outstanding football player at Napa High School. Who is your favorite professional sports team to watch? I love traveling, and have traveled to 8 countries and cant wait to add to that list. Who is your favorite professional sports team to watch? What sports did you play in High School/College? Why do you coach or brief description of your coaching philosophy? What do you love most about coaching? To be given the opportunity to be all of those things to someone, especially these days where so much of this is lacking at home, is truly a gift, one that should be treated with true respect. Calendar Alumni Summer Store My Braves COVID-19 Guidance Back to School Guide Open Sitemap Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading.