New Castle's stats have been entered for the 9-8 loss @ Central Valley on 4/25/2022 4:00 PM. Welcome to the New Castle Baseball team feed. Now, theyre hopeful many of those wearing red and black might follow them to Penn State. The Trojans' vibrant post-game celebration was about more than just breaking through. An MRI revealed that his first ankle surgery didn't take and the hole reappeared, forcing him to undergo a similar surgery in April 2021. "Being with (New Castle) this season and beingaround the game constantly has really brought that joy back into it and it's taken away the pain of not being able to go out there and compete yourself. Cage & Facility Rentals The kids a really good player.. Sure, a few early plays didn't go their way, and maybe a different tone could've been established. There wasn't much the Trojans could do. "We won a (District 10) region that included (Cathedral) Prep and McDowell. What we offer: For those of you returning to Newcastle Baseball this year sign in using the same email and password that you created last season, simply sign-in and register!. Key Pennsylvania high school baseball Week 6 games, computer rankings, stat leaders, schedules & scores - live & final. New Castles Anthony Miller pitches during a PIAA semifinal game against Montour on June 14, 2021, at Neshannock. It speaks to the guys being able to come together and work together and play as a team.". By changing the date, we will now align with a large majority of youth baseball organizations. That wasn't the case in 2021, when the Trojans underachieved with a 12-16 record and a sectional. I told them early in the game we have scored more than three runs in a game before. McQueeney replaced Smith with Austin Vaughn in the bottom of the third. * The facility is open to public from October to April at times above. Over the past couple of years, there has been a lot of discussion about the PONY age determination date. Maybe it was the fact his Red Hurricanes were one win away from the state finals. Tribune-Review You just tip your cap to New Castle. This is an important topic to everyone involved in PONY, and PONY has sought input from volunteers, parents, and coaches that has helped guide the PONY International Board of Directors to ultimately change the current age determination date for all divisions of PONY baseball to April 30. We want everything," Decker-Petty said. While we discourage playing up - safety, maturity, leadership, etc - it is not prohibited. Older teams will have practices and home games at Kennydale Lions Park, Highlands Park, Coalfield Park or Petrovitsky Park, depending on the division. New Castle High School head coach Bill Cook hoists the trophy after defeating Wyoming Area High School in the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association Class 4A Championship baseball game . Wapahani baseball defied expectations in semistate run, loses to Illiana Christian 6-0, New Castle's Derek Tabor wins regional, Dillon Bergum and Riley Bratton advance to state, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. New Castle scored three runs in the first inning and Bernadina's gem on the mound carried the team to a 4-1 PIAA Class 4A quarterfinal win over Eastern York at Mount Aloysius College on. Coach Cooper's only regret is not getting younger guys more playing time, which he attributed to both the team's abundance of close contests and a talented senior class. We were playing close to home, and wed just beat them a couple of weeks ago. Contact Mike Copper at mcopper@timesnews.com. Colonial School District New Castle, DE (On Site) Full-Time. The lopsided loss occurred a day after McQueeney informed his players and the public that he would retire at the conclusion of Harbor Creek's 2021 baseball season, his 28th in charge of that program, and more than 40 years of formal involvement in a sport he fell in love with in kindergarten. Totals 21-14-10-13, 2B: HC -- Williamson; NC -- Miller, Fornataro, Gibson, Micaletti. I saw the mayor here. When they happen early, you dont think they are going to come back and haunt you. The most recent updates will appear at the top of the wall dating back to prior seasons. I thought JJ was dominant once again, Wyoming Area coach Rob Lemoncelli said. So I couldn't be more proud of them," coach Cooper said. You will have the ability to enter more than one player to your account. You can also, Professional training clinic for all coaches, Operation, administrative & insurance costs. In the first, Dom Fornataro walked, Miller singled and Bernadina followed with an RBI single. These kids, most of them will never play in front of a crowd this big again. It was agroup of guys, some with futures at Div. Friday, June 18, 2021 | 5:03 PM. New Castles Rocco Bernadina smiles wide while celebrating with his teammates on the field after winning the PIAA Class 4A championship against Wyoming Area on Friday, June 18, 2021 at Penn State. Its a happy feeling.. The foundation is built & the bar is set. "I hardly watch games unless some of my friends are out there. But now, it's time for someone else to take their turn (as Harbor Creek's baseball coach). We went down there looking to win, but it was more of an experience for us. New Castle's stats have been entered for the 7-1 loss vs. New Palestine on 5/18/2022 5:30 PM. "(Cooper) stood out for several reasons. (note: the leagues registration system will direct you to the correct division based on the entered birthdate)ASSESSMENTS: Mandatory player skills assessments will take place on Saturday, February 4th, see Assessment Policies for details. The support that we got all year was wonderful and I'm just happy to be a person who lives in New Castle. We want everyone to be able to learn the game and to develop to their fullest potential. McQueeney said that, like Harbor Creek's players, Monday's loss will linger withinhim for some time. Gus Martin is a sports reporter at The Star Press. Recap Box Score Photos Live Broadcast Matchup Game Stats Wyoming Area (20-21) New Castle (20-21) Miller was efficient. MIDDLETOWN, Ind. New Castle's stats have been entered for the 15-0 loss @ Blackhawk on 5/10/2022 4:00 PM. New Castle's stats have been entered for the 6-2 win vs. Jay County on 5/30/2022 10:00 AM. However, the Huskies' rally wasn't enough to avoid the PIAA's 10-run mercy rule and extend a playoff that officially ended shortly before 10 p.m. Sign up to receive text and email alerts from your favorite teams. The right-hander reached the 105-pitch limit while facing Montours final batter of the day, and struck him out to finish the complete game. "I like sports," McQueeney said. Maybe the big-game atmosphere had Anthony Miller feeling ready, seeing hundreds of New Castle fans filter into Neshannocks baseball field. Jugs pitching machines (baseball & softball), This website is powered by SportsEngine's. * Two 70 foot long batting / pitching cage. He scattered four hits all singles walked one and hit two batters in seven innings. PONY is a community-based program for everyone in the family to enjoy. Our goal was to chip away. On 5/30, the New Castle varsity baseball team won their neutral playoff game against Guerin Catholic (Noblesville, IN) by a score of 3-2. The school corporation has not disclosed what prompted the . We're rooting for you,'" coach Cooper said. New Castle - Official Athletic Website - New Castle, IN New Castle High School Hoosier Heritage Conference D Delta High School Greenfield-Central High School Mt. There is some work to be done to make these fields playable after the long offseason. Senior Eli Cooper didn't have any better pitching luck in relief, allowing four hits and four earned runs in the final 1.1 innings. The Red Hurricanes, at least on the field, weren't sentimental aboutMcQueeney's farewell. Looking for 21-22 info? We tried to mess up his tempo a little bit but he was good. "We played teams down in Florida early (in the season) that were state champions," he said. 2023 www.thestarpress.com. UNIVERSITY PARK With little more than a quick Internet search, a few conversations with a couple of coaches and the eye test of watching Wyoming Area go through infield-outfield drills prior to the start of the game, New Castle didnt know much about its PIAA Class 4A championship game opponent Friday afternoon. 'I don't remember what normal was': Wapahani track athlete thriving after long COVID fight. And when I say all over, I mean every corner of the plate. Cooper made sure they didn't hang their heads, but rather focus on the thrilling journey. (Cooper) already had a history of knowing the kids he knew what their strengths and weaknesses were.". New Castle's stats have been entered for the 4-1 win vs. Central Valley on 4/26/2022 4:00 PM. New Castle coaches and players celebrate on the field defeating Wyoming Area in the PIAA Class 4A baseball championship game Friday, June 18, 2021 at Penn State. To help keep you up to-date on League information and schedules you can check back on the site. Coach Cooper said he'll discuss his options with his family and athletic director Ron Baker, but will organize summer workouts for younger players regardless of his future "because that's what they deserve they need to be getting better instantly and working.". We are humbled by the outpouring of support. Very proud of all of them and just thankful that I was able to be a part of it.". Ray Scala (Slippery Rock University) If you use Club & League Connect by Stack Sports (formerly Bonzi) for other Leagues or Teams, you can use that same account here. That is the goal.". "We want the world, that's for sure. The 1980 Harbor Creek graduate retired with a record of 399-189-1. Eli is graduating and will play a Clark State, and a tremendous senior class also leaves. "They've got a lot of work to do,big shoes to fill, but I think they can.". New Castle, PA 16101 * Sports Zone Baseball Academy is a 20,000 square foot facility. Those feats should satisfy most. To the Members of the New Castle Baseball and Softball Association: You are invited to attend the NCBSA annual meeting on Monday, April 1 at 7:00 PM in the Bell School, Room 206. . Hood lasted 5 innings, struck out seven and walked one. Players can live anywhere in western Washington (no league boundaries), but are mostly from Newcastle, Renton, Issaquah and Bellevue. Trojan Gymnastics advances as a team to the IHSAA Regionals. "I was ecstatic, for sure, I know the rest of the team was too," senior Corbin Malott said. People are actually excited to come to practices and get work in.". At that point, my mentality is if we bring one in, its 3-1. Spring is near, register for spring sports and 2023-24. Key Pennsylvania high school baseball Week 10 games, computer rankings, stat leaders, schedules & scores - live & final. A bloop single here and there, they are going to get that. That forced Athletic Director Ron Baker to conduct a coaching search as preseason practices started, and after considering six candidates, Josh Cooper was the obvious choice. Many PONY member organizations did not make the change years ago and this will help us realign our membership and ensure them additional opportunities in the PONY organization.. VOLUNTEERS / COACHING: As you know, Newcastle Baseball is dependent on its parents who volunteer to help in many areas. 615 talking about this. The Red Hurricanes were playing in the first state championship game in program history. New Castle's stats have been entered for the 6-5 win vs. Blackhawk on 5/9/2022 4:00 PM. He faced 27 batters and threw 101 pitches. "I've enjoyed the ride. McQueeney's 397 wins in charge of Harbor Creek's dugout were one more than Foust, whom he played for while at Harbor Creek and also succeeded. He was placedon administrative leave with pay from his physical education teaching position on March 2as the school corporation conducts an internal investigation into "'inappropriate conduct'involving a school employee," according to WRTV. You can alsoLike us on Facebookor Follow us onTwitter! On 6/11, the New Castle varsity baseball team lost their neutral playoff game against Andrean (Merrillville, IN) by a score of 12-1. We do it, Cook said of the squeeze. MIDDLETOWN, Ind. HARBOR CREEK (20-4): Austin Vaughn,rf-p-3b 3-1-0-1, Cameron Williamson,c 3-0-1-2, Ryan Vaughn,cr 0-0-0-0, Cody Smith,p-rf 3-0-1-0, Aidan Kelly,ss 1-0-0-0, Casey Smith,cf 1-0-0-0, Mike Pepicello,dh 2-0-0-0, Eli Moon,2b 0-0-0-0, Gio Barbato,1b 1-0-0-0, Brady Rocky,ph 1-1-1-0, Cameron Miller,3b-p 2-0-1-0, Caleb Canavan,cr 0-0-0-0, Caden Herman,lf 2-1-1-0. That gave New Castle a lead it did not surrender. But the Fighting 59ers are a big, intimidating and talented group that hit the cover off the ball from the start. Coming into the season, New Castle (5-7) was ranked in the top-10 in Class 3A in both the Indiana High School Baseball Coaches Association and Prep Baseball Report team rankings. New Castles Dominic Fornataro, left, and catcher Josh Work celebrate on the field after winning the PIAA Class 4A championship against Wyoming Area on Friday, June 18, 2021 at Penn State. New Castle's stats have been entered for the 9-0 win vs. Wawasee on 6/4/2022 11:00 AM.