Gospel Reading For Palm Sunday 2021, Im on step two ! Openreach Engineer (Former Employee) - London and Newcastle - 30 April 2021 Openreach reflects its long pedigree as formerly part of a global leader in telecommunications. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers' questions frequently. Four years on and Ive worked my way up to the Chief Engineers Office which is a prestigious place to be and Im very proud of it. Openreach is accelerating its plans for ultrafast broadband with the hiring of 3,000 new trainee engineers and the addition of 11 new Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) locations. Get started with your Free Employer Profile. What time off do openreach engineers get over the Christmas period? Get instant job matches for companies hiring now for Fibre jobs in South West like Engineering, Network Engineering, Electrical and more. If you considering suicide or feel there is no way out in life, then join openreach, they will gladly help you achieve your next breakdown and still blame you. Read previous employee reviews and find opportunities with Openreach. Suitability Interview The complaint steps literally saved me for my interview earlier, thank you!!:). Name a time when you made a decision that you regretted. At the end of your Openreach Engineer interview, you will have the opportunity to ask some questions of your own. BDS Global. Van, fuel card, good apprenticeship pay, colleagues camaraderie, benefits. Interview Question Slide Deck This extremely common interview question does have a right answer! 32,500 a year. Hi to all. Try http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/job.html, on Thank you so much for this, extremely helpful! I interviewed at Openreach in Jun 2021. Q23. Despite this, my personal circumstances have changed, and I deeply regret I can not start anymore at that date. Paul Kunert Fri 5 Mar 2021 // 12:30 UTC. This tricky interview question has multiple meaning that you need to consider cafefully when answering, but there is a golden response you can use! I receive a online invitation for my first interview through a platform Hirevue. Q20. However, we will send you regular updates to let you know if you have been considered for an assessment centre place. It has become very much about productivity and has become highly stressful. Its a relatively safe place for a secure career in telecoms. Application Support Engineer. After going through the online process, involving situational tests and a video interview - I then received an email to inform me that I had passed and would be notified of when a position was available at an assessment centre. On Monday 1 October 2018 Openreach people become employees of Openreach Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of the BT Group. So many notes already, would have went into this interview the wrong way. I interviewed at Openreach in Jun 2021. the two people interviewing were respectful and very friendly. Scenario If you saw someone not wearing PPE at work when they should be doing, what would you do? If you're a qualified civils engineer join us and help us to build and maintain our network. Openreach is an unbelievably fair and relaxed company to work for, working a four day week is excellent for a healthy work/home life balance. Full Suggested Answer & Detailed Response, Question 5, 29-01-2020 With an additional 51 professionally written interview answer examples. DOWNLOAD RICHARD MCMUNNS 23 OPENREACH ENGINEER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS PDF GUIDE BELOW! Our flagship apprenticeship is the Openreach Trainee Engineer apprenticeship. Heres the FULL LIST of BT OPENREACH ENGINEER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS: Thank you for inviting me to be interviewed to become an Openreach Engineer. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. You can choose to replay your response before deciding to submit or re-record your answer. Train travel in Vietman. ), UPDATE: I got the job offer. A guaranteed job as a qualified Openreach engineer on successful completion of your apprenticeship.*. Despite this, my personal circumstances have changed, and I deeply regret I can not start anymore at that date. Brentwood. Our engineers will be taking special measures to ensure your safety and their own. Q5. Becky is in Suzanne Rutherfords team, Suzanne is known as a true pioneer when it comes to women in engineering. I have applied for this position because having studied the job description I feel everything about the role is aligned with my skills, qualities, and career aspirations. Each interview can last up to 40 minutes but can end sooner if the interviewer finds your answers to be detailed enough. But once your past that stage and get to the assessment centre, straight forward, its almost like they just look for buzzwords, I applied online. We also use them to offer content that's personalised and relevant to you. Benefits Updated Mar 11, 2021. Id tell anyone to consider applying, no matter whether you think you fit what an engineer looks like or not. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. Doing Business In Portugal, These include cookies that allow the sharing of anonymous data with selected third-party partners. Until then, thank you for your patience and well done again on making it this far. If you're expecting an Openreach engineer to visit your home, theyll do all they can to get you up and running without entering, but there may be some circumstances where we need to come into your home for a short period of time. Tell me about a time you witnessed a colleague breaking health and safety rules at work. Purchase the full package below for just $4.99 to download the answer to this and all of the interview questions featured on this page! Because of this, its maintenance of standards, training, on the job support and care packages for staff, are flawless. one suitability interview and one compatibility interview. You need to be available for practically the entire day (8:00 - 15:30). When we were new starters, we were based all over the country after our training finished. Required fields are marked *. 62 open jobs for Openreach engineer. Does anyone know who this number is? 5 weeks later I received an invite to the virtual assessment day that was scheduled for roughly a month later. What are your strengths and weaknesses? Hi to all. I got a congratulations but no job was available. Civils Field Supervisors . Jan 2023 - Present3 months. Q22. I done mine similar date but not heard anything yet. Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously. http://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/careersatbt/openre https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/index.do. Openreach, who builds and maintains the largest fixed communications network, has announced plans to hire over 100 new apprentice engineers in Northern Ireland (NI) before the end of March 2021. My trainee group stayed in contact through WhatsApp. Thanks man,you too,email addresses have been further shown as legit by a current openreach employee. Openreach recently announced that Gigabit full fibre broadband has been available in over 360,000 homes and businesses across Northern Ireland already, putting coverage at Meet Megan, one of our trainee engineers The company got worse to work for as time went on. Complete recorded video then Very simple and straight forward interview process completed two interviews online via Teams or another platform which provides you with time slots of your interview times. Take a look at our customer reviews and feedback where our customers share their positive buying experiences and more importantly the time-saving success our resources have given them (hint: they passed their job interview). I applied online for the Trainee Openreach Engineer position in February 2019. What behavior we shoud have to deliver a great customer service? The answers to the FULL LIST of interview questions featured on this page. Overall I'm really pleased with the process and now I'm just waiting on my start date. [ii] New trainee engineering roles come with a starting salary of 21,845 and recruits can be earning up to 28,353 after . Application then long wait and wait more and eventually they get back. I interviewed at Openreach (Derby, England) in Nov 2021. 6. After going through the online process, involving situational tests and a video interview - I then received an email to inform me that I had passed and would be notified of when a position was available at an assessment centre. Thanks so much for making these. The training has been second to none and I'm really enjoying the whole experience. Any advanced engineer training which is cancelled (due to operational constraints) will be rescheduled into the following quarter. See All Photos. With allocated times. The process took 2+ months. Tell us about a hobby you enjoy? Q7. Very little support and you will be feel very isolated working in service delivery. Openreach Engineer (Former Employee) - London and Newcastle - 30 April 2021 Openreach reflects its long pedigree as formerly part of a global leader in telecommunications. will be covering various areas in the southwest 20 days ago. Field Engineer - Fibre Core/Backbone. Not everyones out in the field and there are plenty of opportunities to progress and move into management if thats what you want. Welcome to the lounge! openreach trainee engineer forum 2021washington state track and field recruiting standards. What is the organisational culture at Openreach? on Full Suggested Answer & Detailed Response, Question 6, Meet a true pioneer. Software Test Engineer. I was lucky and my last interview was scheduled for 11:20 and ended around 11:40 so I was free earlier than expected. Competitive salary - starting at 20,000 on our Openreach Trainee Engineer apprenticeship, increasing on completion of a successful first year to 23,650 plus bonuses. You should contact Openreach direct and ask them or ask on this forumhttp://forums.thinkbroadband.com/job.html. Re: Openreach [..] engineers . Q13. Does anyone know if this is the recruitment team? Splice fibre cable, interpret company designs, surveys and fibre plans. Fresh dates outlined 'No access to buildings' for striking Repayment Project engineers, confirms company. Have toyed with a career change and the trainee engineer jobs with openreach seem to tick all the boxes. Even so I did still associate engineering with blokes. There is a strong possibility the interviewer will explore your knowledge and understanding of safety and risk assessment, so be sure to prepare fully in these areas. SUGGESTED ANSWER: "Thank you for inviting me to be interviewed to become an Openreach Engineer. So, when I saw the recruitment advertisement for trainee engineers online 4 years ago - I decided to apply. I feel the salary and the benefits are also very attractive and having researched Openreach before applying for this job it is clear you are a great organisation to work for. This is done using a platform called TopScore and Microsoft Teams. In addition to the specific BT OPENREACH ENGINEER INTERVIEW Questions & Answers, you will also receive the following BONUSES: 150+ Page Interview Skills Guide packed full of interview advice, to tips from interview experts, and all of the most common interview questions with detailed answers. Their Van's have trackers, they track you with their I phones and you have to ask to go to the toilet. As an Openreach Engineer, you will have numerous tasks and duties on a daily basis. A week later I received an email stating I had passed the initial screening and my application will be progressed, however due to the high volumes of applications not everyone gets invited to the assessment centre. 27-02-2020 Requirements. I interviewed at Openreach in Jul 2021. 11,962 forum posts. Working day was fast and always had to keep up to date with health and safety legislation. There are usually some newly qualified engineers around to talk to in between tasks and when I went they had some VR headsets which are worth a go. 10h57. They made a point to reaffirm that if you have a legit phobia of heights or spiders, then the job is not for you. I receive a online invitation for my first interview through a platform Hirevue. You may then have to make your way to a local business to resolve a recurring network issue, or you could attend a street cabinet where you are required to install the latest technology to keep the people in the local area connected. 6. 4.1 (118 reviews) Openreach Photos + Add Photo. As I said earlier, my interviewer was relaxed and said he wasnt bothered about the timeline with my examples which was a relief. These bonuses include free guides, powerful online training and more! Capital Outsourcing Group 3.0. Q21. What skills and qualities are needed to be an Openreach Engineer? I applied online. How did you feel about telling people you worked at Openreach? Fibre Engineer (Current Employee) - Hampshire - 21 March 2022. Do you have questions for the panel? PLUS BONUSES does guava leaves clean the womb. It the became more and more stressful. If you have any questions before youve heard from us please email, Announcements, Guides & Community Updates, http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/job.html. 11 Openreach Openreach Engineer interview questions and 8 interview reviews. Firstly, these interview questions and answers are created by us and our team of experts we have all the answers to your questions and will help you succeed (like weve been doing for the last 14 years) and we update our material frequently. The process took 12 months. Why do you think you will be a good Openreach engineer? Search job titles. Full Suggested Answer & Detailed Response, Question 8, Think carefully about the reasons why you want to become an Openreach Engineer and try to learn as much as possible about Openreach as an organisation. I'm due on one on Wednesday (3rd Feb 2021) and since accepting my place (well before the deadline they set) in mid January I've heard nothing.. Filter. You can choose to replay your response before deciding to submit or re-record your answer. I had an interview online due to covid and then got through second part. Announcements, Guides & Community Updates, http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/job.html, Openreach Trainee Engineer Assessment 2019, BT (Openreach) trainee engineer Driving experience requirement. Tell me about a time when you struggled with a task and you asked for help? Management are 'company' people, don't care for you, only stats New service where the engineer doesn't need to enter your home: 07786202608 - While our engineer won't need to come inside you'll need to plug in your new equipment to allow them to connect your new service. Be the first to find this interview helpful, Health and Safety Do you have to work weekenda at openreach or is thay a choice. The announcement, which despite the current economic downturn, marks a doubling of available apprentice opportunities on Openreachs 2019 intake and a substantial investment in the local economy. I was allowed tiime to prepare for my answer before the video started I ve passed the selection as a BT openreach trainee engineer, and I am due to start in march. Positive 68%. Unfortunately the pics and highlighted areas haven't copied but all the lines with asterisks were highlighted and pics included examples of passport (Mr beans) an actual drivers license with no redaction and a British gas bill from 2014. Re: Openreach [..] engineers . Openreach, who builds and maintains the largest fixed communications network, has announced plans to hire over 100 new apprentice engineers in Northern Ireland (NI) before the end of March 2021.. Accelerate your preparation and success today! Once I submitted the application, almost immediately I received an email with a link for the video interview. If you saw someone not wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at work when they should be doing, what would you do? I also do computer-based work on spreadsheets and trackers and work with suppliers and partners. In the capability interview you will explain your choices in more detail. My assessment was for the 8th of December. Were progressing your application to the next stage of the Openreach recruitment process, where we will look to invite you to an assessment centre. 20h34. Getting an Interview. 2023 PassMyInterview.com. We often link to other websites, but we can't be responsible for their content. What behaviours do you think youll need to demonstrate to deliver great service? Q10. Wow, you give by far the best advice. Trainee Planning Engineer/GIS Analysts. If you want to be sociable than this is not the place for you, The Gold Standard In Telecoms Engineering Operations, Please please stay away, dont work for them, Good prospects for advancement if you want it, Not as nice as you think or heard in the past. The process took 2 months. The new roles will be located in communities throughout the country. You should contact Openreach direct and ask them or ask on this forumhttp://forums.thinkbroadband.com/job.html. When I found out Id got through I felt happy but nervous because I had no previous experience in engineering. If youre based in London or the Scottish Islands youll also get these extra allowances: for London: an extra 3,380 a year (if youre in inner London) or 1,670 (for outer London) for working offshore on the outer Scottish Islands: 1,431. on Large areas to cover each day little support from managers, If you want to progress in this company its not about talent its about who you know. openreach trainee engineer at BT. I interviewed at Openreach in Feb 2022, Assessment day on Teams - QUESTION: Does Openreach have any new or exciting products or services coming out soon? I just wanted to thank you so very much. Applied on Openreach website. Interview based on your answers in scenario and some further Q's. Openreach Review #63431 Tell you its 37.5 hr working week but dont tell until youve stated that you have also to give 1hr in the morning and 1 hour in the evening of your own time , when you take this into account you paid just about the minimum wage . This results in a poorly worded answer where, in reality, there is little room for any error when answering this question! Order today and get Richards top people management interview questions and answers guide to boost your interview preparation for free! Reviews from Openreach employees about working as a Trainee Engineer at Openreach. People in charge not understanding logistical issue we had in our area etc. OPenreach is fast becoming the largest telecoms leader with the advent of fibre being rolled out. by traveller07. 3 days prior to the assessment day I received my schedule for the day. If you are successful in receiving an invite to an assessment well be in touch to provide further information about the role were considering you for and with additional details about the day. Online through top score. Openreach Review #63452 This is the final step in the move to greater independence. No two days are ever the same as a BT Openreach Engineer, and with formidable training, benefits and a great salary, it is a job you are likely to find highly rewarding. Zoe Shepherd talks about what it's like to be an Openreach engineer. The process took 2+ months. Will openreach charge me for the cost of the training and company asset if I change the start date/resign before the start date? This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. I also assumed Id be the only woman in my trainee group. What if your out on a job and you need to use the toilet, where can you go to use a toilet. This has been the GREATEST tutorial for me while preparing for my 'Behavioral' interview. 0 0 Reply. I passed my video interview for a civil engineer role. suitability interviews. This employer has claimed their Employer Profile and is engaged in the Glassdoor community. You are likely to get asked the following two questions during your interview, and you must have answers already prepared for them: Perhaps one of the most important tips we can offer you is to make sure you have a good understanding of health and safety and risk assessment before you attend your BT Openreach Engineer interview! I was lucky and my last interview was scheduled for 11:20 and ended around 11:40 so I was free earlier than expected. The re-branding exercise actually started, in a very low-key way, a few short . Sent to your email inbox within seconds of your order being placed. I have my interview in exactly 2 weeks and these helpful tutorials are absolutely perfect for those who don't know. Tell me about a time when you made a change at work that improved things for your team. Please post on the forum listed on the last post, as this has nothing to do with Openreach. In total the interview consists of 3 stages. See all jobs. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees. So felt it harsh that they advertised this role. Is Openreach hiring new workers during the COVID-19 outbreak? Well get you noticed. I worked for openreach 15 years then i took 11 months pay to leave some managers where nasty but a lot where good started in the field nice in summer but winter its cold but you do get all your cloths and tools van. when a guy gives you chocolate what does it mean; where is canine caviar made Wherever they join us - in BT, EE, Plusnet or Openreach, our apprentices learn real-world skills and help solve some of the world's biggest tech challenges. You can cancel anytime by contacting us via our contact page or email. Free interview details posted anonymously by Openreach interview candidates. Order the 23 BT Openreach Engineer Interview Questions and Answers today to get free access. We're pleased to tell you that you've passed our initial screening. Copyright Dr Paul Enenche 2018-2020. I cant say one thing to fault them, everyones always available to help and every day Im learning something new. Trainee Engineer (Current Employee) - Devon - 2 December 2019. Weve also hired more than 3,000 trainee engineers this past financial year to help us build that network and deliver better service across the country. Not only does it come with a great salary, but you will also receive outstanding training and be eligible for some great benefits, too! From my initial application i had a long wait to get a response which i believe was impacted more due to covid! Get weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews, The most useful review selected by Indeed. I've read on other forums some people get told about their start date after a week but others wait 6 months. Previously, on average, it could take an engineer up to 3 years to progress to an advanced engineer. This stage consists of 4 questions. . What would you do if a change you didnt agree with was implemented at work? Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you witnessed a colleague breaking health and safety rules at work. What roles at Openreach can work from home during the COVID-19 outbreak?