Recommended Posts. Apparently (according to a Celebrity rep on Facebook, always a reliable source) it was posted in error, the final requirements for cruising have not yet been agreed. CC Help Jenn I dont know if thats byintent. Customers received a message on Monday, 27 February, informing them that "as health protocols for Covid-19 continue to evolve around the world", the cruise line made an important update . Canada requires arriving travelers to complete an entry form prior to arrival. The closest antigen test available to be is in a different state. Canada is no longer providing free tests for folks looking to do international travel, even if they want to visit grandma. It can be professionally proctored . Go to site, Already booked? Hurtigruten. I would think that if you answer the questions on the CVS sites most of not all would qualify for free / insurance coverage. Follow the prompts to check in, voila'. Doing a quick search near my location, surprisingly some locations do all 3, some appear to offer 2, and a number only collect specimens to send off for PCR. And Jim_lain is right - most of us havebeen somewhere where social distancing wasnt possible. It is avaible for $150 for a package of 6 kits. Especially when we talk about testing before sailing. Celebrity requiring PCR test for UK cruises Celebrity requiring PCR test for UK cruises. If so, this is NOT acceptable for the video supervised test. Look for some posts from TeeRick re this subject he is also sailing from Seattle in September. Mixture of private insurance companies all inconsistent in their benefits. to match international travel restrictions so that you can be travel ready in as little as 12 hours with an RT-PCR test and 15 minutes with rapid antigen testing. You cannot paste images directly. Are you talking about an emed test kit (which is actually Abbott's- also the same brand that Optum uses) that has 2 test inside the box? Proof of negative RT PCR test and the EHAS pre-approval form are required at the airport. Enjoy 75% off your second guests cruise fare and save up to an additional $1,600 per stateroom. Earn points on every sailing and enjoy discounts, offers, and perks that all add up to an even more incredible cruise vacation experience. A "Diagnostic Lab Test", which is a laboratory-based PCR that's sent out to a reference lab and they state "Results time varies". So, I went to the updated app I just installed on my android Samsung A51. The specificity that Celebrity has used in their information makes it unclear whether that is an acceptable test, and probably no one answering the phone can answer that question. Please correct me ASAP if I am not right. thank you!!! Ours was very helpful when I called. Members; 505 April 15, 2013; Share More sharing options. Indeed they are very important. It is done at home BUT with telehealth supervision. I think they're pushing people to use the app. My preference is a rapid antigen test. Canadawill not accept antigen test results for entry, and airlines may refuse boarding when trying to fly to Canada. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements leading up to departure. These test should be available locally in your area. And TeeRick is right on the pricing perspective which isnt an issue for those who want special tests. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. The only reason I think the tests should be free is that right now the government is willing to pay for people to be tested. Google didn't give much information either and get showing results on the Celebrity FAQ page etc. Just wasnt certain about the CVS antigen test. And I understand the difference, but I cant tell you if they mean what theyre saying! That is what I chose and it scheduled me for a free test. Be sure youre aware of both homeport country and Celebrity Cruises vaccine and testing requirements as they may differ. Earlier this week, Celebrity Cruises announced its return to the Caribbean, with cruises from Sint Maarten also scheduled to begin in June. Unvaccinated cruisers 16 and older will be required to test negative for COVID-19 with a PCR test within 72 hours of their cruise, take an antigen test at the pier, take another antigen test on . Our lab is Diagnostic Accreditation Program (DAP) certified, which is a sub-set of ISO . Celebrity Cruises ; Disembarkation Test - PCR Please Read: COVID-related Discussion. Check back closer to your sail date. Currently,face masks are optional onboard Celebrity ships for all guests, regardless of vaccination status. Celebrity now also accepts an at home test that is taken under the supervision of a tele health professional. Silversea. It costs us every time. Your link has been automatically embedded. So all in all, it's around $25 ish per kit. As long as that is the case, I would like to find a place where I don't need to pay since they are out there. US entry require a LFT (Antigen Test) within 1 day prior to arrival whilst Celebrity require a LFT within 2 days of boarding. Very cool. Tampa Bay Area. Some places just don't want to bother submitting insurance. I checked the fist block - Are you seeking a test to prevent possible spread of Covid-19 for future travel, work or recreation. Masks: will be required while travelling by motorcoach and rail in accordance with federal and local mask mandates. Maybe decades. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. We will also accept a valid results document presented on your phone. The tests in Ecuador and peru are in the $30-$40 range. % There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test; An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test Pay thousands for cruise price and airfare and hotels. Vaccinated cruisers on these sailings will take another antigen test before the second leg, while unvaccinated cruisers will have to take a second PCR test. Not sure that it is, it's not a requirement from the other cruise lines sailing on UK only trips, not even Royal!! Celebrity sent an email and only recommended the 'Optum Store'. We live in Telford Shropshire. You can also go to a doctors office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get yourtest. Hopefully reasonable. PCR tests for disembarking passengers ? The form can be found here. I dont think that any Covid test for any reason needs to cost $200-$300. Ok. I have emailed Celebrity today and the Optum Store. (Katar) einschiffen, mssen unabhngig von ihrem Impfstatus einen negativen COVID-19 RT-PCR-Test vorweisen, der innerhalb von 48 Stunden oder einen Antigen-Test, der . Please be aware that some ports of call do not accept a Certificate of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination. MSC Seaside. If no mask mandate is in effect, advised by the tour operator, masks will be optional for vaccinated guests and appreciated for unvaccinated children. I've also been looking around. Vehicles are also not required. 22 mars 2021 - Celebrity Cruises a annonc la semaine dernire son retour tant attendu la croisire. Results in less than 24 hours. What Celebrity has said is PCR or rapid Antigen. As part of Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises will follow the health and safety measures laid out by the "Healthy Sail Panel," including frequent disinfecting and strict vaccination and testing requirements. If your sailing requires a pre-cruise test, here are some details about the kind of test youll need. They figure that if you want expedited results because you are traveling, you can surely afford the cost of the fast test! For testing prior to the sailing guests are advised to bring an approved. There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth representative. I am not an expert but I don't think there is a classification of a "Rapid PCR Test". This test may be taken as either a PCR test or an Antigen test, conducted within 72 hours of embarkation. All passengers and crew members older than 18 must be vaccinated against COVID-19. The one thing not present pre-COVID that will be added for boarding in the pandemic circumstanceis a face to face health screening some where in the terminal. Therefore, cruise guests should plan to fly home within 24 hours of departing the ship, for the test result to be within the valid window. Enjoy 75% off your second guests cruise fare and save up to an additional $1,600 per stateroom. Sign in or create an account. Why not call them for verification. CVS, Walgreens, pharmacy, urgent care, doctor's office, FastLabs, BeeperMD, Lab Doctor's, and so forth You can use a VPN to mask your IP address when making an appointment, and use your hotel added as US address. Some insurance companies are already not paying out for Covid if you are unvaccinated. Departing from Athens, cruises will stop in Mykonos, Rhodes, and Santorini in Greece before continuing onto Limassol, Cyprus, and Haifa and Jerusalem, Israel. You are in favor of a test the prevent spread a global pandemic at $300 a test? Kim Kardashian Doja . Millions of travelers rely on Cruise Hive in the United States, Europe, Australia, and around the world. Speed and simplicity (consumables) make those tests more expensive. There are 23 pages of discussion regarding the Covid test requirements for Celebrity on (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? All Rights Reserved. I dont routinely pay 2-4 what something is actually worth. No. Viking Cruises now has a PCR (Polymerase chain reaction) laboratory aboard the Viking Star in a desperate effort to re-start their mindless business . By This test is also complimentary. The NAAT test (ID NOW) is not accepted to get on the ship. <> Started October 12, 2018, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Celebrity. I used this test for all my 3 (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-112898396', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');cruise in April. Well hope cruisers next weekend will tell us exactly what specific test they took that were acceptable. I arrived at the port with a negative PCR test result and with the NHS App which showed my vaccination status. I could book a test for a fee but it is insane to have to pay a couple hundred dollars for what should still be free. Pretty techy and allows no contact boarding. Depending on the location, Walgreens offers up to 3 different tests. Copyright 2022 Travel + Leisure Co. All Rights Reserved. Its in the best interests of everyone that testing be free or affordable. The test will be administered just before the end of the cruise, and guests will be provided a copy of their test result. Really?? How many days prior to sailing do we need it. You can do any licensed test in the UK, ie from Boots, Dam Health, Randox in clinic testing, airport test facility, and so forth. Bolds are mine. 1 0 obj Vaccinated guests must complete a PCR or Antigen test no more than two days before the start of their cruise and boarding the ship. #3: Currently, the U.S. requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for those arriving into the U.S. by international air. A: Celebrity Cruises will administer an antigen test onboard the ship, and cover the related cost, should it be required for country re-entry. The government or insurance or someone is paying for them. Still, not an option for you really, particularly for arrival into US as they don't ship outside the US. As I reported earlier this week, I'm currently onboard Celebrity Cruises' Celebrity Millennium, the first big cruise ship to sail in North America-- and to allow American passengers -- in more than 15 months.Thursday, two passengers on the ship, which is sailing at only about 30% capacity, tested positive for COVID-19. Per Celebrity website, pre-cruising testing for VACCINATED guests 2 and older must show either a negative supervised antigen test result taken with 1 day of sailing or be tested at the terminal and receive a negative result prior to embarkation. In the USA we are all conditioned now to have all costs of the pandemic covered by the federal, state and local governments. Mike.s. The telehealth provider must issue you a result document that includes all the necessary information. Telehealth testing at home is only accepted when it meets certain guidelines. Phoenix_dream:I received the Walgreens IDNow results in 2-3 hours, You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, By For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, you will be asked to take the test no more than three days before your sail date. Any updates or info regarding what X will be doing regarding supplying PCR tests for passengers disembarking Apex in Athens so they can test before flying home please? Unvaccinated kids departing on or after December 17, 2021 must show a negative test result for a PCR test (not antigen) taken no more than 3 days before boarding day." "Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test." "For all cruises, kids will take a complimentary PCR test when checking in at the terminal." Just seen this posted on the celebrity website, not sure why fully vaccinated passengers need a PCR test prior to cruising? The MP for West Suffolk travelled to . It was electronically signed by the Doctor that managed the certifying company with the NHS Doctor Registration number. Celebrity Cruises has extended its pre-cruise testing mandate. Guests over the age of six will need to show . By little britain, April 9, 2021 in Celebrity Cruises. However, Ms. Ritzenthaler said . I scheduled both because I was hearing talk on these boards of CVS cancelling tests last minute so I thought I should have a back-up plan until I know for sure. You sign up for a time for this on the app. Accepted Types of Tests and Results. Pre-Cruise. Both me and my wife are classed as fully vaccinated (two doses), however, i believe we require a Rapid Antigen Test 2 days prior to boarding the . And if thats CVS, unless something has changed, they dont offer the IDNow. Celebrity will also provide a Covid-19 test for all passengers at the end of the cruise, so Americans can have a test result in order to return to the United States. but when you try and order they won't accept a UK mobile number or postcode etc. None of this going to a counter, showing your Express Pass, showing your credit card and passport, having a picture taken, being handed a key, maybe allowed to board, maybe not and sometimes waiting an hour or more for your cabinto be ready. MSC Seashore. As long as the test is done within 3 days of flight departure you could use that test to return home. The new protocols are voluntary, but they still received strong criticism from industry insiders and provided little hope to a less strict environment onboard cruise ships. If you have the Celebrity app on your phone, uninstall it and reinstall updated version. This is a self test that you buy from the pharmacy. From August 2022 Travel + Leisure, published by TI Inc. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Also PCR tests take longer to get the results, because they go . Disembarkation Test - PCR. Currently flying to theUSrequires a negative antigen test or a negative nucleic acid amplification test. Its available at many U.S. airports right now and it would make sense for the airport at Athens to provide the test. Test type:Rapid-result test (PCR / NAAT), Accepted for most travel and recreational purposes. The cruise line's "Celebrity Apex" ship will set sail on June 19 with seven-night trips around Greece and the Aegean Sea. people who are testing for travel are also testing so they can visit grandma in another state. Although some cruise lines have been making moves to make testing more manageable, and in some cases free of charge, Celebrity Cruises has not yet taken this route, and costs involved with testing remain with the passengers. Please check your country's re-entry requirements for specific testing information. You can be exposed, test negative, and still transmit. Holland America Line. Along the same lines as people selling hand sanitizer on Amazon for outrageous prices in early 2020. My booking is 7/9/21, 8n, Greek isles. If Celebrity actually means PCR (who knows? Following the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) update to its policy last week, the Celebrity Cruises website has been updated to reflect it will accept mixed series of any two of the following vaccines, with a minimum of 28 days between doses, as fully vaccinated: For children 2 to 15 years old, Celebrity Cruises will administer a complimentary RT-PCR test at the terminal on embarkation day. Their "Rapid Diagnostic Test" is the Abbott ID Now, which is neither a PCR nor an Antigen test. For Cruises From Hawaii to Vancouver. Documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding. You can go right to it and leave them in your room even if it's not ready to occupy yet, then proceed unencumbered to lunch - nice touch. LauraS CC Help Jenn If a cruise line requires a yellow fever vaccine or some type of test for my vacation destination then I pay for it. I'd call Celebrity but don't trust their Customer Service to answer correctly. So to confirm - both of these tests are accepted by Celebrity if I understand correctly. "Celebrity Apex is such an exquisite ship and for her to finally begin sailing in the beautiful Aegean, where it all began for our fleet, and after so long away, is incredibly meaningful," Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said in a statement. *Definition of Fully Vaccinated:vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine. The road to the cruise industry's restart has been a long one with lots of twists and turns. And if we wanted quick tests results, the cost was $88/shot. As we may need to Fly to Amsterdam early due to flight cancellation situation ? The only rapid test I'm concerned about is the IDNow as it's "none of the above". Post Celebrity Cruise PCR Test October 19, 2021: Log In Issues. All guests aged 4 and older are required to have a negative COVID-19 test before boarding. By Some places advertise a "rapid PCR" test. Which if they are testing 1500+ people outdoor make sense. If you're fully vaccinated, that requirement is a bridge too far for me. The closest antigen test available to be is in a different state. Theres nothing wrong with advocating for affordable health care. Hereswhats acceptable. Before we traveled we took an antigen test before we drove to the airport, if it was positive, we were not heading to the airport. Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Rated ships: Celebrity Apex, Flora and Millennium. Effective September 13, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recommending that all cruise passengers, regardless of vaccination status, provide negative test results in order to cruise. Is there a specific question I need to ask to be sure? Edge class ships allow you to complete check-in on the app, show up at the terminal, go through whatever security is required, pass through a gate where your express pass is scanned (like boarding an aircraft) and go right to the ship and your cabin. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. I hope the rapid PCR test will be available. If you are booked on a cruisetour, please click here to see your land tour testing requirements. Otherwise, guests re-entering the U.S. at a later date will need to secure their own test, at their expense, closer to their re-entry date. I expect they will have a way for people not so tech savvy to do check in at the line and counter thing. Regent Seven Seas Cruises. It's not some big money making conspiracy.. You could book an antigen test with BeeperMD. Celebrity requiring PCR test for UK cruises. It's difficult to use your phone but it can be done. Pre-Arrival for Land Tours Covid-19 Testing. i dont actually mind any extra $99 for a Covid test. Pay up. I read they were doing the antigen (rapid) test. I really dont think that is necessary. Started August 27, 2021, By That isnt right in normal times. Greece has moderate levels of circulating virus at present - stable or downward trending. ok, sorry folks that this has turned into a passionate discussion as to whether we should pay for our testing or not, and how much. P&O Cruises is the latest company to announce its guests are no longer required to be fully vaccinated or present a negative Covid-19 test before boarding. It's that "usually" that concerns me. Basic Info - Date of Positive Test, Name, Passport Number, Date of Birth, type of Test (PCR or Antigen) , Sex and if you chose you could have date of travel put on certificate. Thanks in advance for any guidance and sorry to start another testing thread. Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests . To board the ship the cruise line specifically requires PCR or Antigen. This should be simple to understand, but terminology has been unnecessarily inconsistent. And Celebrity specified rapid antigen OR PCR. Itdoes include a test like the Abbott IDNow NAAT offered by Walgreens and probably others; that was not clear until the latest update. Pay or not. Maybe non-USA countries are different but that is our system. Obviously, if I know Im going on a cruise Im going to pay for it. Here's a link to the CC thread: BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag test card review and info - Celebrity Cruises - Cruise Critic Community. There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test; An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test Pasted as rich text. Not sure what the difference is . 2023 Celebrity Cruises, Inc. CVS and Walgreens are Drive-Thru so require you to be tested while in a car. Tests are performed at no cost, and insurance, Social Security number, and drivers license/state ID are not needed. *, Book it List Event 75% off 2nd Guest + Savings. Impfungen und Corona-Tests vor Kreuzfahrten sind bei den meisten Reedereien schon seit lngerem abgeschafft. The cruise line extended the mandate from February 28 to March 31 this week. As part of the trip we must carry out a COVID test before we fly/board the ship. My bookings start in Nov '21, and I hope things are a little more sane by then. The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. FDA. For a family of 4 who wants to visit grandma for Christmas and not risk killing her with Covid it would be $800. I can find a regular PCR test, but don't trust the turn-around times, especially with the virus spiking. Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted. Molecular test looks for viral RNA. Super offre de croisire: croisire Ouest des Carabes - croisire Celebrity Cruises avec le Celebrity Reflection de Fort Lauderdale (Floride, tats-Unis) Fort Lauderdale (Floride, tats-Unis) - 8 jours - et plusieurs offres favorables sup says for my sailing pcr or antigen needed. Earn points on every sailing and enjoy discounts, offers, and perks that all add up to an even . Co-star Sheinelle Jones reported Savannah's positive test live in the 8 o'clock hour . We are continually evaluating these protocols and will make updates as government requirements, Healthy Sail Panel guidance, and public health standards evolve. Most CVS and Walgreens do not have antigen.. the rapid they offer is naat. This is acommunity testing site. Posted August 25. In addition, per CDC guidelines, the cruise line will administer RT-PCR tests for cruises longer that 4 days for these unvaccinated minors prior to return home. Make sure you are booking an antigen test, as the PCR tests take several days for a result. We're also going to call our family medical provider on Monday to see if they offer it, as we would much prefer that option. Per Celebrity website, pre-cruising testing for VACCINATED guests 2 and older must show either a negative supervised antigen test result taken with 1 day of sailing or be tested at the terminal and receive a negative result prior to embarkation. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation. By Mike.s May 22, 2021 in Celebrity & SilverSea. Most local pharmacy chains offer COVID-19 Testing and most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. We are sailing on (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? 'Unfortunately at this time, our system does not recognize any postal codes outside of the United States. (Updaetd 5:30 p.m. EDT) -- Several cruise lines introduced changes overnight to mandatory testing requirements for passengers sailing on cruises this month . I agree with you. Voir toutes les compagnies. Post Celebrity Cruise PCR Test. Print out your results for easy access, as you may need to present it at various points. Most of the regular clinics (like mine) and even immediate care clinics around here require you to be presenting with symptoms. ). Je nach Schiff entfllt die Impfpflicht beispielsweise bei Phoenix Reisen, Plantours oder Hapag-Lloyd Cruises im Laufe des Aprils oder Mais 2023. After you log in (same as your usual web site log-in) it pulls up your next cruise automatically. Effective, June 12, 2022, all U.S. air passengers, regardless of vaccination status, will not need to present a negative COVID-19 test to return to the United States. I get supervised but the tests seem to vary between 79 Boots and 30 Lloyds. Per the CVS web site, their PCR/NAAT test results are usually available in 1-2 days. 2 0 obj Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated: Any guest who has received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated. 4 0 obj Those are all accepted for boarding - if done within the correct time frame.. an antigen test is all you need and those take minutes for results, 15 or so at most usually.. Or, schedule an appointment in the US near the orot, there's loads of options. The only thing that is questionable is the IDNow, and that's Walgreens. we are taking a trip next month where we need to Covid tests in the US, Ecuador, and Peru. However, we are struggling to find UK based tests that Celebrity will accept. PCR Testing ? They're used clinically in emergency departments and for some pre-admissions screenings. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-112904375', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Cruise Critic: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2812652-options-for-covid-test-precruise/. We give you our exclusive bonus offers , plus all qualifying cruise line offers , plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits. I do not understand the testing criteria. That would be a big no go for us. Posted March 19, 2021. m8zenblue. He was relatively stable when he went in. Monitored Self-Test Kit Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card: This home test lets you do the test under video supervision from a certified guide. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. And that is a rapid antigen test. Never mind the cost in time/stress/whatever for the person being tested. Upload or insert images from URL. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions.