Welcome to Plathville'sBarry Plath is the head of his ultra-conservative family. if(document.querySelector("#google_image_div")){ We are one of the worlds fastest growing I think when people raise kids without some kind of knowledge of the world especially nowadays it is just wrong. And the first thing she said was, Oh, I want to trade rings with you. And I was like, OK, thats really weird.'. And, they think she should stop blaming everyone else. Welcome to Plathville's Olivia Opens Up About Moving Away from Ethan's Parents, Starting a Family . } One fan wrote, regretful of their own past actions these parents are raising children without outside influence for their protection and as soon as they are teens throw them out for acting defiant. Its absolutely absurd that while preaching about inclusion, you sit in judgement of people because you do not understand why they chose to raise their children the way they have. Welcome to Plathville airs Tuesdays at 10 p.m. },false) One person commented, So, this evil matriarch takes ZERO responsibility for crippling her childrenand Lydia must be saved while she still can from the insanity of her family., Another shocked Welcome to Plathville fan noted, Things I never thought I would hear: Ive always wanted a prayer closet. And this fan suggested something else: That poor girl and her Harry Potter prayer room. ", Another user remarked that the children should be allowed to interact with the world outside their farmhouse as the comment read, "I don't want to sound mean because I'm just being honest. You don't want to hear what I have to say. Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more! Please note that this form cannot be used to reset your Google or Facebook password. Woman's Day also reported Barry leads the Plath family band. You are the worst hypocrites I have ever seen! The divisions between Oliva, Ethan, Kim and Barry seem worse. Lanae Brody. had an eye-opening conversation with Mom Kim Plath in the latest episode of Welcome to Plathville, it would seem that she is planning, at . }); Dr. if(document.querySelector("#ads")){ But, she stops the kids from interacting like normal human beings. Some people in the fandom are going to get some pretty strange vibes from that, but its not uncommon that a daughter whose beliefs so closely aligns with her Dad would choose to live with her Dad instead of Mom Kim, whom she doesnt seem to trust anymore. },false) Lyrics to Overcome thrown out: Walk away from me. How can people process or let things go they can't even talk about in the first place?". window.googletag.cmd.push(function() { The Plaths can't watch movies, there's no TV or mobile phones, they can't even drink Coke! hitType: 'event', Since Ethan decided to stop speaking with his parents, Olivia said that Kim and Barry have not attempted to reach out. The TLC show Welcome to Plathville began its second season in November 2020, with parents Kim and Barry Plath struggling to keep control of the older siblings. Will Lydia be the next to leave? In a lot of cases, in religious fundamentalist homes, when one child aligns more with one parents beliefs rather than the other, its often that they will choose the parents whose beliefs closely mirror their own. If they ever came to us and apologized then Id revisit it. daughter-in-law is possessed by evil spirits. eventAction: 'load' Fans took to Twitter as Welcome to Plathville returned for season three with some big changes this week. In the new season, Moriah and Micah moved out, as Ethan did when he married Olivia. MEAWW is an initialism for Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide. Welcome to Plathville mom Kim Plath also home schooled the children. What do you think? window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotOnload', function(event) { Olivia, also 23, added, The family strain and all that drama just kind of put pressure on us. ga('ads.send', { According to SoapDirt, Barry and Kim's oldest daughter, Hosanna Plath Noble, is pregnant with her first baby. Or will she continue to live by Kim and Barry's unreasonable rules? Sometimes I wonder what conclusions youve come to, Lydia replies with a laugh. Welcome to Plathville follows Kim and Barry Plath and their nine children; Ethan, Hosanna, Micah, Moriah, Lydia, Isaac, Amber, Cassia and Mercy, who they are raising in an unconventional way in rural Georgia. While Lydia agreed to this earlier on, she has continued to be in contact with him, without her parents' knowledge. We are one of the worlds fastest growing November 11, 2020 by Jane Flowers 3 Comments. }); All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Related: Welcome To Plathville Season 2: 1st Episode Release Date & Time, Cast, Preview. }); For access to all our exclusive celebrity videos and interviews Subscribe on YouTube! I think it'll take a miracle to bring the two sides together.". Gogglebox Australia is an Australian reality/observational television series on Network Ten and The LifeStyle Channel that premiered on 11 February 2015. This Is Life's four-night event continues tonight with more life-changing moments shared live at 10 p.m. Youll see a shift in Lydia and she will be back on Moms side. Heading into season 2, Barry and Kim are completely cut off from Olivia and their son/her husband, Ethan, while teenagers Micah and Moriah have fled the family . Meanwhile, one plainly wrote, "Yall are creepy. The series, which is a local adaptation of the British series of the same name, sees Australian families, couples and friends watching and commenting on a variety of television programs and movies. eventAction: 'view' The official description of the TLC show reads that the kids have "never had a soda, dont know who Spider-Man or Tom Brady is and have never watched TV. Keep reading to find out the untold truth of Barry, the father of the Welcome to Plathville brood. CBS The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers: Is a Break-Up Ahead for Sheila Carter (Kimberlin Brown) and Bill Spencer (Don Diamont)? eventAction: 'render' eventAction: 'click_adunit' "I'm learning it all" Moriah said in a confessional before fans see the break-up scene with Max as they sit on a dock together. Their second child, son Kolter Gray, was born on March 25, 2020. 90 Day Fianc Spoilers: Fans Discover Shocking Facts About Emily Bieberly Amidst Kobe Blaise Wedding Drama, TLC Welcome To Plathville Spoilers: Kim Plaths new identity, TLC Welcome To Plathville Spoilers: Kim Plath lifts the sugar embargo, TLC Welcome To Plathville Spoilers: Micah Plath moonlights as a Ken, TLC Welcome To Plathville Spoilers: Are the Plaths celebrating holidays. Welcome to Plathville 's Ethan Plath isn't choosing sides when it comes to his parents' recent split . eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Ethan, 21, set the record straight, and slammed his parents, Kim and Barry Plath, in the process. ", In a confessional after the breakup talk, Moriah explained: "There's just so many things that were done different with me, how I was raised, my parents, my education, and the emotional stuff coming out of that.". ga('ads.send', { The thing is, Lydia doesnt know Barry the single man, only Barry the loving Father. pg.acq.push(function() { 7. "Honestly, Lydia singing scares me because countless horror films & TV series are based on a girl/daughters emotions & freedoms being suppressed due to religious zealot family members, school bullies, and trauma. Welcome to Plathvillestar Kim Plath has some big changes ahead. The mother of nine to Ethan, Hossona, Micah, Moriah, Isaac, Amber, Cassia, and Mercy comes . Growing up in New Jersey, Jennifer was surrounded by the fast pace Manhattan skyline, where she learned to embrace the idea of travel. hitType: 'event', "These hard times, this pain, these lessons one day they'll be your strength, your awareness, your blessings," read the first quote, from Steven Bartlett. Fans are starting to get a look at Welcome to Plathville's Kim Plath's ugly side as season two gets under way. ga('ads.send', { After the dramatic Welcome to Plathville season 2 finale which saw her husband Ethan Plath confront his parents, Kim and Barry . #welcometoplathville, Lydia, do not let your emotionally manipulative (gaslighting) parents make you feel guilty for your normal, healthy, individuation, evolving into an adult, process. Ethan and his wife Olivia moved with younger Plath sister Moriah . That concerns fans of the familys TLC show Welcome to Plathville. Welcome to Plathville star Kim Plath has some big changes ahead.The TLC star has recently made a life decision that is pretty shocking to fans of the show. So, what's next for the reality TV mom, and what are fans saying about it? But, she hopes Lydia remains in the fold. . pic.twitter.com/XoSsBIix06, Welcome to Plathville: Moriah Plath Wont Have as Many Kids as Her Parents: Hell No. window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotOnload', function(event) { #WelcomeToPlathville, If the worst thing Lydia has ever done is text a boy consider yourselves lucky parents. Others thought Kim wanted to keep Lydia under her thumb because she relied on her to keep the household running smoothly. On Tuesday's episode, the Plath parents expressed sadness over the situation. }); Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement unless specified. TLC viewers have learned that Kim bases her moral compass on her own life, which has been difficult and full of serious mistakes. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I did everything in my power to fix it, she told Us. hitType: 'event', Lala Kent Waves Bye To Bambi-Eyed Raquel Leviss. Welcome to Plathville airs on TLC Tuesday at 10 p.m. The Welcome to Plathville parents raised their nine kids in rural Georgia on a small farm. Welcome To Plathville star, Olivia Plath, and her younger sister, Lydia Meggs, have been estranged for years. My dad's best friend legitimately had over 15 duis and never done time for them. Fans on Twitter have a lot to say about Kim Plath again this season. Barry has worked for 25 years for the same private firm. It would be horrifying to them. if(document.querySelector("#adunit")){ I just wish we could get along." In addition to writing about and watching TV, she enjoys spending time with her family and cats, baking, reading, and doing DIY projects. But my parents have every right to know what Im up to while Im living in their house. hitType: 'event', 'Welcome to Plathville': Kim and Barry attend Moriah's gig, leaves Olivia 'petrified', 'Welcome to Plathville': Ethan agrees to see counselor, fans unsure if it will help. The last thing we need is more inter-family drama to potentially drive Olivia and Ethan apart. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement unless specified. MEAWW brings you the best content from its global team of After snooping on her daughters phone, Kim discovered Lydia was sending upwards of 100 texts a day to the boy, which she called a red flag and excessive. Shes concerned the teenager is getting emotionally involved with someone she doesnt really know. In the local news article, Kims education at Florida State University and her experience dancing there are mentioned. Is the next punishment for Lydia the basement?#welcometoplathville pic.twitter.com/t5CeX2J9bB. So much for unbiased reporting. It's INSANE!" "So happy that #welcometoplathville is back! window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotRenderEnded', function(event) { }) Copyright 2023 Endgame360 Inc. All Rights Reserved. Check out Showbiz Cheat Sheet on Facebook! Right now, shes having some cognitive dissonance because of what her parents instilled into her, an entire belief system around something that was, at least in the context of their marriage, essentially false. After the dramatic Welcome to Plathville season 2 finale which saw her husband Ethan Plath confront his parents, Kim and Barry Plath, about how they treated his wife, prompting a near-fistfight with his father Olivia posted a series of empowering and uplifting messages which addressed boundaries, standing up for one's self and not "excusing abusive behaviors." I know, easier said than done #welcometoplathville #plathville spooky lil girl (@mizzspooky) October 26, 2021 Kim and her husband have come under fire for their beliefs and methods, which include prohibiting the watching of TV, drinking soda, and having a cell phone, as many believe this lifestyle is way too extreme. According to a local news report, which was posted on Reddit, Kim Plath is opening her own business called Grady Central. Barry also suggested that Ethan have his wife come over to say goodbye. There is the Willis family whose father sexually abused several of his daughters from age 3 into early adulthood. According to Woman's Day, the reality TV dad has a day job as a transportation planner. ?Tune in TONIGHT at 10/9c for an all new episode of #WelcomeToPlathville. }); The Untold Truth Of Welcome To Plathville's Barry Plath. Barry and his wife Kim have nine children Ethan, Hosanna, Micah, Moriah, Lydia, Isaac, Amber, Cassia, and Mercy. Olivia Plath is touting the importance of healthy boundaries. Recall, she arranged for Micahs first modeling tryout. }); In that meeting, [she] basically told me what we were going to be doing, Olivia continued. It was just, like, a pattern that she tried to make a lot of decisions for me, she explained. Welcome to Plathville 's Ethan Plath isn't choosing sides when it comes to his parents' recent split. I think for what could have been a flawless balanced TV reality show YOU (TLC) could not stand it and so combined with the producers questioning of the Plath parents and the deletions of (scenes & topics of what has been done for the ungrateful elderly kids and for what HAS been done for them BY THEIR PARENTS, to make them the people they are in this life) instead of what TLC LIBERALS would like them to be.which is more like THEM.well it has just become more and more OBVIOUS of where TLC stands when it now becomes to whose side they cater to!! So TLC, you should promote that pure IMMATURITY & IGNORANCE on his behalfinstead of completely almost despising the understanding and natural occurrence of a mother & siblings wanting to enjoy their daughter & sisters FIRST EVER CONCERT! Welcome to Plathville airs Tuesdays on TLC. Barry Plath and wife Kim wanted to shelter their children from the dangers of the real world. These parents are hypocrites. According to Olivia, the drama started when the duo first got engaged . The couple, who tied the knot in 2018, have had a tension-filled relationship with Ethan's parents since their wedding. However, many fans have been questioning their way of living. There is the sexual abuse of several of the Duggar female children. if(document.querySelector("#adunit")){ They restricted access to TV, radio, video games, and the internet. Fans slammed the Plath parents for that all over again. And, she and Ethan treated the kids to some sugary food. We were kind of waiting until the end of Christmas because it was all crazy around here and we just figured let's not stress ourselves out at the end of Christmas. In what world is this prayer closet okay? Catch all-new episodes of 'Welcome to Plathville' on Tuesdays at 10/9c, on TLC. With the no contact Ethan explained that it also means he doesn't get to see his siblings, a rule his parents made because he wants no contact with them. }); On Reddit,Welcome to Plathvilleviewers are talking about Kim Plaths new business venture. pg.acq.push(function() { And she breaks her heart over the division in the family. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), "You are not going to walk over to my wife. Then, Moriah went off with Olivia to California. My Big Fat Fabulous Life: Was Chase Just A Paid Boyfriend On The Show. Kim Plath is now splitting her time between running the Grady Central dance studio and looking after the kids. Having said that stop acting youre all so enlightened, accepting and judgement free. While living under her parents' strict rules, Moriah reveals feeling trapped. 38. hitType: 'event', Say it is a lie. Welcome To Plathville Spoilers: Will Lydia Plath Move In With Dad Barry Plath? Meanwhile, Lydia grows up. "After considerable thought and discussion, we have decided to end our marriage," the . Even though her faith has seen her through the stormy nights, fans do not believe she should project her fears and bad life choices onto her children, who, at this rate, have no say or control over their lives at all. hitType: 'event', Aubrey Chorpenning has been a freelance writer since December 2016 and has primarily focused on reality TV and celebrity news. When we were dating, I knew that I was being controlled in what we were allowed to do, what were allowed to say, the photographer explained. Kim's thoughts about a wife "being on the husband's page" did not fit well with many. You set them all up to fail!, Kim keeps blaming everyone else for planting seeds of bitterness in her kids. Fans are also aware that they lost their 17-month-old son, Joshua, in a tragic farm accident where Kim hit him with her car. ga('ads.send', { This season, the Plath family will be tested as their whole family dynamic changesand not for the best. Then coming back from that, after our honeymoon and all that stuff, its kind of, like, trying to discuss it and sort it out and then it didnt go well., Once the pair were married, Olivia felt Kim was still trying to interfere in their lives. I want to move on, and if I ever change my mind in the future and I want a relationship with them, Ill let them know. she added. Grandmother with dementia died from face wound neglected by staff for days. Speaking with PEOPLE at the end of December, Olivia said that she and Ethan were "still on a no-contact basis with his parents.". hitType: 'event', What do you think? Tags: Kim Plath, TLC, Welcome to Plathville. ", Another user pointed out that the Plath family seems to give off a negative vibe as the comment read, "There's something behind these parents smiles. The episode ends with Ethan's tearful siblings watching him walk away. Their side of the story. So they cant be the worst parents ever. #welcometoplathville pic.twitter.com/krXfdeQRhY, Mother Exhausted from the House of Tired (@QtwiddaBooT) November 11, 2020, Meaww noted that like Olivia and Ethan last season, Micah and Moriah cant spend time with their siblings unsupervised. Notifications can be turned off anytime from browser settings. While Ethan, Moriah and Micah managed to find an escape route, if anything, this has made Kim and Barry come down slightly harder on Lydia in unexpected ways. After all, Kim attended college, drank alcohol, and enjoyed her life. Barry Plath keeps a tight grip on the family, but his parenting style is less effective with the older children. reporters on a platform technologically tailored to meet the needs of the modern reader. They get unnecessary feedback from [people] filled with minimizing their experiences. He has more maturity and character and capability in in his pinky than Ethan has EVER displayed!!! document.querySelector("#ads").addEventListener('click',function(){ Cant say Im surprised though.. The viewer wrote: "I'm watching Plathville for the first time today, and I'm totally on Ethan,Micah,and Mariah's side(if I had to choose a side). And, she and Ethan treated the kids to some sugary food. eventAction: 'view' }); With each passing episode of 'Welcome To Plathville', fans grow increasingly concerned for the wellbeing of the remaining Plath children under Kim and Barry's care. Im new to the show, and I know Lydia is their daughter, but is she also the family maid? By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Where is the compassion for this child @tlc ? hitType: 'event', The season 2 premiere of Welcome to Plathville is right around the corner, and if you're unfamiliar with the show, let us fill you in here.. Kim and Barry Plath have nine children and used to live . Parents sheltering their kids this much should really consider the consequences. According to Olivia, the drama started when the duo first got engaged. ET on TLC "There's a part of your heart that hurts." However, Kim has heavily discouraged the relationship and has stated that until she and Barry have the chance to meet him, Lydia should not be talking to him.