All forms and correspondence dealing with admission to these institutions should go directly to their respective Offices of Undergraduate Admissions. Do I have to apply Early Decision/Early Action or Regular Decision in order to be considered for the Robertson? No. The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program is a joint merit scholarship and leadership development program at Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.The scholarship offers participants a unique "dual citizenship" at both Duke University and UNC-Chapel Hill. Apply Now! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. What are the financial benefits of the Robertson? In contrast, a full-ride merit-based scholarship allows students to explore the full scope of what college has to offer without worrying about the cost of college. As a Robertson Scholar youll join a lifelong community committed to transformational change. A Supportive and diverse and beautiful community. C) Admission to Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill are separate processes. Andrew Lakis has been named executive director of the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program, an undergraduate merit scholarship program that is sponsored and administered by The Robertson Foundation in cooperation with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University. High School:Camberwell Grammar School, Campus: UNC High School: Durham Academy. Who should I ask to write a letter of recommendation for me? No. The majority of students in New Zealand have finished their five years of secondary study by this point. This covers tuition, room and board, and the majority of mandatory fees. Be sure to check out other merit-based scholarship guides from CollegeAdvisor.com! Hometown: Wilmington, NC All Rights Reserved. The Scholarship Foundation of Robertson County is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization that accepts contributions from industries, businesses, families, individuals and civic organizations for the purpose of providing financial assistance to Robertson County students to further their education. Your Duke and/or UNC admissions applications should abide by the respective institutions application deadlines. Lakis and his wife, Kristen, live in Durham with their two sons, Abe and Sam. Andrew Lakis has been named executive director of the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program, an undergraduate merit scholarship program that is sponsored and administered by The Robertson Foundation in cooperation with the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University. For domestic students, this is November 15th. The vast majority of our scholars were not nominated. Over the last 20 years, Robertson Scholars have contributed to the campus communities at Carolina and at Duke and have pursued inspiring paths of service to our state, our nation and the world after graduation, UNC-Chapel Hill Chancellor Kevin M. Guskiewicz said. Financial Aid & Scholarships; Robertson Foundation for Government Fellows Program Financial Aid & Scholarships. Hometown: Durham, NC The ability to make friends with brilliant young people around the world, while engaging in, Campus: Duke Applicants must demonstrate a record of service to the African American community, and a record of academic achievement and leadership. The search committee included administrators from Duke and UNC, Robertson alumni, and representatives of the Robertson Foundation. Each year the Robertson Scholars program releases a series of essay prompts for prospective students to complete. Scholars also have access to generous funding for up to three summer experiences, funding for conferences throughout the academic year, and for two semesters of study abroad. International students of all nationalities and citizenship are eligible to apply for the Robertson Scholarship Program. The University is currently operating under normal conditions. Here at CollegeAdvisor.com, we can help you compete for the Robertson Scholarship and other scholarships for college! Through a dedicated financial aid team, CollegeAdvisor.com can help you develop your personal narrative, identify merit-based scholarships, and get organized before your senior year. If you want to get help with your college applications fromChelsea or other CollegeAdvisor.comAdmissions Experts,register with CollegeAdvisor.com today. I am drawn to the tight community of scholars who are full of hope for, Campus: Duke Hometown: Auckland, New Zealand What drew you to the Robertson Scholars? for undergraduate students with 80 credits . Scholars also have access to generous funding for up to three summer experiences, funding for conferences throughout the academic year, and for two semesters of study abroad. The creation of the Duke Robertson Scholarship and the UNC Robertson Scholarship was an important first step in this collaboration. Purposeful leadership means that students are fearless and innovative. The Robertson Program application does not require an official transcript. In partnership with Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill they established the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program as a one of a kind scholarship program charged with unlocking the potential of promising young leaders to transform themselves, their communities and the world. The Center regularly represents Further, current merit scholars at Duke are not eligible to apply for the Duke Robertson Scholarship program. So, get organized and mark your calendars with your admissions application deadlines as well as the Robertson Scholarship deadline! I have every confidence that Andrew Lakis is the right leader at the right time for this special program, Robertson Scholars founder Julian Robertson said. The programs focus on the intersection of character development and leadership strongly resonates with me. The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program on Thursday accepted 21 current first year students from Duke and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill into its Class of 2024 Scholars, after canceling its program for the Class of 2024 last year. The scholarship recipients, who come from 25 different states and three different countries, have until May 1 to receive their awards. Robertson Scholars act with integrity and align their choices to their values. The RSL Program is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment in all of its activities and . Applying to the Robertson Scholarship Program is a separate process from the normal application process for Duke and UNC. Robertson Scholars also have access to generous funding for up to three summer experiences. Successful applicants to the Robertson Scholars program demonstrate these Robertson Scholarship requirements throughout their application. Identify recommenders whove seen you in an academic setting as well as those that can speak to your character and potential to be a leader. Thats because scholarships for college are typically awarded to students based on their performance in a professional and academic context. The Robertson Scholars Program is open to current high school students applying for undergraduate admissions at UNC-Chapel Hill or Duke University. The High School Application is for students of all nationalities or citizenship with the exception of New Zealand. We are launching a Generosity Campaign in his honor and asking you to do as he did: to give boldly and generously as we establish the Julian H. Robertson, Jr., Alumni Fund. Her work as co-president of the Culinary Medicine Club at UNC is being applauded for blending nutritional, Chapel Hill & Durham, North Carolina, February 17, 2023 The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program is happy to congratulate and welcome two new First-Year students to its current Class of 2026, Campus Switch is a signature Robertson experience when Scholars take up residency at their sister campus typically during the spring semester of their sophomore year. Robertson Scholars understand that systems change requires collaborative effort, and as such, are always aware of the ways in which their actions affect others. Scholarshipgiant.com 2021.All rights reserved, Longer RAY5 20W Laser Engraver The Perfect Choice for Laser Engraving, Introduction to Physical Therapy What It is and What it Entails. Serenity Bennett (UNC 23) is committed to making food delicious, nutritious, and healing. The Robertson program made significant changes to the recruitment process, Walker wrote. - Champion in Phoenix Rotary Speech Contest, earning $4,000 in scholarships (2021) After graduating from Duke in 2004, Lakis joined Teach For America as a teacher in a public school in Washington, D.C. A native of North Carolina, he has worked as an instructional coach in Durham Public Schools and served in multiple leadership roles within Teach For America over the past decade. "We dont get to choose our past, but we are responsible for reckoning with it and deciding how to move forward.". Merit-based scholarships are financial aid awards that have no repayment terms and are awarded based on a students academic, personal, and/or leadership experiences. Cancel at any time. Twenty-six students have been awarded the scholarship at Duke and 24 at UNC-Chapel Hill. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure they are able to obtain a VISA to study in the United States. The Robertson Scholarship was founded in 2000 by Mr. & Mrs. Julian Robertson. Applicants must have graduated from a Sacramento area high school by the end of the spring term, 2021. The program offers a distinctive leadership development experience for scholars at Duke and at UNC as well as the opportunity to enroll at the other university for a semester. Competitive scholarship through Michigan State University's English Dept. When my daughter was applying to college, one of her closest friends, that years valedictorian, was applying to Harvard, Yale, and Columbia, which was my daughters strong first choice. The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program is open either domestic or international students who are pursuing undergraduate program at the University of Duke in the United States. All of the students take classes at both schools and live on the other campus for a semester throughout their time there. The application window is very narrow and is only open for two months. All students will learn whether they are moving to the second stage on the same day, regardless of which university application they select. All semi-finalists will participate in a round of virtual interviews and a final round of interviews. The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program welcomes applications from International students. All application materials are due no later than 11:59pm on November 15, 2021. The Robertson scholarship gives eight (8) semesters of full tuition, room & board, and most compulsory fees for Scholars at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill. Share and discuss Robertson scholarship accepts its Class of 2024 after canceling program last year on social media. By using the College Advisor site and/or working with College Advisor, you agree to our updated Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy, including an arbitration clause that covers any disputes relating to our policies and your use of our products and services. Press J to jump to the feed. High school seniors and first-year students enrolled at Duke and UNC are eligible to apply for the Robertson program, a full-tuition scholarship which encourages leadership and study at both Duke and UNC. Robertson Scholars Last Scholarship Next Scholarship Scholarship Sponsored by Robertson Scholars Leadership Program Value: $240,000 Awards Available: 36 Students who have not yet matriculated to any university apply for The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program using the High School Application. The Robertson Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that provides full tuition and fees, room and board, and a stipend for books and other expenses to up to 20 outstanding students each year. Knowing that if I were to get the Robertson, that I would be stepping into an experience that would not only help me transform myself and who I was going to be, but also empower me to change the world around me as well, that was really important to me." Students must have access to their academic transcript to provide accurate self-reported grades. The Robertson Scholars program does not prioritize admissions based on regional or national location. Lakis will assume his new role later this winter, taking over from William R. Goodell, who has served as interim executive director since April 2020. So, we know what the Robertson Scholarship requirements are. At UNC, existing merit scholars can apply for the UNC Robertson Scholarship as long as their current award does not cover tuition, fees, or room and board. We do ask that you let us know immediately if you are admitted under a binding agreement to an institution other than Duke or UNC-Chapel Hill. I, Campus:Duke Hometown:New Plymouth, New Zealand Pronouns:she/her/hers What drew you to the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program? I know that Andrew will be able to build on this success and draw on the talent and energy of Robertson alumni as he charts a new vision for this unique leadership program.. However, each cohort typically consists of fewer than 20 students from each institution. or an equivalent senior school test. Required fields are marked *. In addition to his bachelors degree in history from Duke, Lakis holds a masters degree in elementary education from American University. Assuming you are talking about the Duke/UNC program: The High School application will be open for applicants on August 15, 2021. There is one application for all High School students regardless of nationality or citizenship. Researchers at the UNC School of Medicine led the pivotal multicenter, double-blinded, randomized clinical trial to show that unilateral focused ultrasound ablation reduced dyskinesia and motor impairment in patients with Parkinsons disease. The aim of the Robinson Scholarship is to reduce the recipient's unmet need to $5,000, but the Robinson Scholarship may not exceed $7,000. Other scholarships for college might be based on region, unique personal hobbies, or winning a research project or essay competition. No. Do North Carolina residents receive special consideration for the Robertson Program? The Robertson Scholarship acceptance rate is not published. Alumni David Spratte (UNC 17) and Kasper Kubica (Duke 17) were Campus Switch peers during the Roberts Scholars Program. Robertson Scholars: Academic Responsibilities. The Robertson Scholars program does not accept test scores of any kind. Both are equally hard, but Carolina social psychologist Steven Buzinski explains how you can do it. They're committed to building community and see transformational leadership development as a practice. The independent news organization of Duke University. We are delighted to announce the selection of the largest class of First-Year Scholars in the Programs history. A Duke alumnus and a former Trinity Scholar, Lakis currently serves as executive director of Teach For America for Eastern North Carolina. Hometown: Herndon, VA Launched in 2000, the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program helps Carolina and Duke students reach their full leadership potential through year-round programming and the opportunity for students to take courses at the other campus. Scholarships for Students Interested in Becoming Actuaries. These schools were prestigious, but they were missing an opportunity to work together. They're open to deep introspective work and continuous conversations necessary to develop new perspectives. Applicants must meet the following requirements: Q: Is an official transcript required for my Robertson Program application? Each summer, scholars take part in international and domestic experiences. The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program on Thursday accepted 21 current first year students from Duke and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill into its Class of 2024 Scholars,. This article was written by Chelsea Holley. B) Students must apply to the school(s) of their choice by the respective Early or Regular deadlines. The Child and Adolescent Anxiety and Mood Disorders Program is one of the first research programs focused exclusively on addressing the gap in child and adolescent mental health services. how to fix your ph balance overnight, beacon theater past shows,