The Ruger EC9s ships with one seven round magazine, an instruction manual, a cable lock, and a takedown tool. A micro-compact 9mm with a stack-and-a-half magazine that holds at least 10 round. You should notice a dramatic improvement.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'americangunfacts_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_2',178,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-americangunfacts_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0'); The magazine release can sometimes become an issue, either getting stuck during activation or having additional friction or stickiness during release. It's intended for close-quarters defense against threats at arms length to across-the-room distances. Ruger EC9s Ammo Armor. As you can see from the chart, its standard deviation was in the low double digits, indicating the ammo is consistent, and its accuracy in the EC9s was very good. In many cases, this can be solved by simply firing the gun and getting used to how much more firmly it needs to be held over a conventional steel frame gun. Ruger EC9s feeding problem usually occurs due to roughness on the feed ramp and not-supported ammo dimension. Just keep trying what works and practice/practice/practice. This gun has good control. Candlepower vs Lumens: Whats The Difference. Both seemed to work well, but the 124s seemed to shoot a little better in my testing. Now we need Ruger to make an ECR revolver, like the LCR but in the EC9s price range lol. Sturm, Ruger & Co. has been making firearms in the U.S. since 1949. The front sight is 0.160 inch tall and 0.133 inch thick. Outside the Waistband (OWB) Holsters. Check out this Viridian laser that attaches to both the rear and front of the trigger guard. The LC9S is popular and its MSRP is $529. Blazer Brass CCI 9mm 124gr. revolver with the slim profile and quicker reloading speeds of the less powerful pocket .380s. Overall length is six inches and height is 4.50 inches. And how would this impressive price cut be accomplished? Ammo Armor AA-04 Magazine Protector for Astra, Bersa, Hi Point, Ruger, Sig, More. I had zero problems with it when I shot it. The round polymer magazine release button is textured for better purchase. For more than two centuries, Westley Richards has produced some of the worlds finest firearms, each wearing a timeless and classic look with bespoke flourishes. American Eagle 9mm 124gr. The tapered bullet design prevents contact with the slide lock tab. Two are relatively new, and two are not so new, but they are worthy of notice. Move the slide back enough to expose the takedown pin hole. Carrying a gun with a trigger that light on a day-in, day-out basis does give me some pause, though. The grip frame is carefully contoured throughout with effective, but not abrasive, molded-in checkering on all four sides. When I mentioned my fondness for the LC9s Pro to a Ruger representative at a trade show a few months later, I was given a tidbit of confidential information: Ruger was planning to launch a new version of the LC9s called the Everyday Carry 9 (EC9s) that would slash the suggested retail price from $449 to $299. Place the slide on the frame rails and move it to the rear. This greatly increases your options for concealed carry holsters and other gear for your gun. Customer experience was, and still is, the primary focus, a key to the firms longevity and success. Stick with the manual. I was keepuing all of an on paper plates at 25 yards. He uses a simple IWB nylon holster. For comparison, the last ammunition tested was SIG Sauer's excellent Elite Performance 124-gr. This helps control but does not take anything away from concealment.. On a bright, sunny day at the range I found them to be no more difficult to work with than the 3-dots. Never one to be satisfied with the status quo, he is often found at his reloading bench concocting yet another load. The hour-glass shape of the bullet allows the Mechani-Lokt black belt, which is made of black nickel-plated brass, to lock the bullets brass jacket and lead core together, thereby controlling expansion and providing optimal terminal performance. Thats comparable to other compact striker-fired pistols made by other companies. As I said before, Ruger knows how to pack their guns with the features you want, but still keep the price at a level you can afford. Ruger introduced the LC9 at 2011 SHOT Show in Vegas. Nashua, NH 03062. The advantage of this design is that it allows you to carry your EC9s concealed, but with full and easy access. I agree about the safety as well. Im highlighting a version of the pistol that is exclusive to Davidsons (Ill get to the details of this special pistol in a few minutes), and it retails for $294. The Gold Dot G2 was first developed to perform in full-sized handguns, and then Speer engineers modified and redesigned it specifically for use in shorter-barreled compact pistols and loaded it in the new CarryGun line. As the bullets move up the magazine they can sometimes catch the slide lock tab that is next to the feed ramp. DPMS LR-308 [Review]: The AR, Back to Basics. The EC9s feels just like similar guns from Ruger, such as the LC380 that I tested earlier. For $25, you can do away with a holster altogether! It is also quite an affordable pistol and likely a good value. Ruger EC9s Magazine Cover. Close-up shot of the engraving on the slide and frame, taken from the right side.. It is large enough and heavy enough to shoot comfortably but not so large or heavy to be cumbersome for carrying concealed. CHOOSE THE LIGHT BEAM YOU PREFER - Easily programmable for steady or high-visibility pulsed laser beam; Class II Laser; Power Output: <5mW. You may even want to try several different types of rounds. For a handgun this size, function, and price, it's safe to say that you can pair the EC9s with single-stack 9mm champions like SIG Sauer P365, Glock G43, Springfield Hellcat, and the Taurus GX4. Im not a fan of safeties on striker-fired carry guns but thats just me., You will also notice that Ive put the Hogue HandALL grip over the original EC9s grip. There are several common issues reported with Ruger EC9s, both used and new, and were going to do a deep dive into those problems and how they manifest for the average shooter. The sides, front, and rear of the grip frame (including the front of the finger-extension magazine baseplate) are checkered, and the grooved, contoured magazine release button protrudes just far enough for positive engagement but not so much to catch when drawing the pistol from a holster or a pocket. For almost 75 years, Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. The gun comes with one 7-round magazine. brand name: ruger. Buy RUGER EC9S 3283 9MM EC9S RUGER 3283 7 ROUND, 3.1" `EC9S: GunBroker is the largest seller of Semi Auto Pistols Pistols Guns & Firearms All: 973578693. Ships from and sold by Clips4Guns. That averages out to 5.95 pounds. Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. I would need another safety beyond the blade safety built into the EC9ss trigger. I have mounted similar lasers on other pistols and the attachment is secure. When Hornadys Critical Duty ammunition was introduced, it quickly became a game-changer, and in 2018, the .40 S&W 175-grain Critical Duty loading was awarded a Fixed Price Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity agreement by the FBI. Choose Options . A look at the performance results showed an increased muzzle velocity of 1,108 f.p.s. However, here are my picks of my favorite self-defense rounds. Response: Please be advised that we do not recommend the use of imported ammunition, as it may be corrosive to your rifle. The EC9s is a standard model with a magazine disconnect. Corresponding energies ranged from 228 ft-lbs to 345 ft-lbs. Another 7-rounder sets you back $29.99 and a 9-rounder, $34.99.. The deformity is in the path that a round takes when being loaded into the breach, and a slight unevenness on the leading edge causes the round to move out of tolerance. Not only is it incredibly small and easy to conceal (the barrel isnt even two inches long), but its tough too. Its design in such a way (with the Hogue adapter) that it stays in the hand and is ready for follow-up shots.. The Ruger EC9s is one of those striker-fired compact carry-type pistols that use a single-stack magazine to keep it thin and easily concealed. Thanks. Hes a contractor, and weve had the talk about what happens to his back if he trips or falls backwards and lands on the gun. One manufacturer reported it to be the number one ammo used in guns sent back. To sum it up, the Ruger EC9s is a new, but promising sharpshooter in the 7-round 9mm . with Empty MagazineCapacity: 7+1 or 9+1 RoundsRifling Twist Rate: 1:10 RHGrooves: 6Accessories: One Magazine, Two Magazine Baseplates, Field Strip Magazine Insert, Lock, Owner's ManualMSRP: $299. EC9s MAX-9 Security-9 . $14.94. As with all Ruger guns, it comes with a lifetime warranty. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! My shooting results indicate it was consistent and accurate in the Davidsons Muddy Girl EC9s pistol. Ruger LC9, LC9s, EC9s MagGuts-High Capacity Magazine Conversion. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Ruger 90642 Magazine 9 mm 7 Round 2 pc Blued Steel for LC9, LC9s, EC9s at the best online prices at eBay! If youre a first-time buyer, you might want to consider a compact 9mm or larger until you get used to the recoil.. The EC9s is larger and heavier than the company's LCP pistol, and that gives the EC9s more grasping surface and weight for better controllability when firing stout 9mm ammo. Fired cheap and expensive ammo from Fioochi, Monarch, Winchester, Cci everything fired like it supposed to. Barrel Length: 3.12". $59.97. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. You can check out all the current exclusives by going to www.galleryofguns.com. to 17.2 oz. That's it? I worry about what would happen to his back and vertebrae if he landed on it. Sometimes, though incredibly rare, the gun will need to be shipped back to Ruger for investigation, and repair or replacement when needed. . You cant blame them for that. If you have a gunsmith that will do work cheaply, it may be worth it to simply tear the gun down and bring them the extractor to adjust. $29.97. The blued steel 7-round magazine ships with a flush-fit and extended finger rest baseplate. If it says it's not rated for plus p, try not to shoot those through it. The button release difficulties are nearly always able to be attributed to the incredibly close tolerances of the machining for the gun components.