was WRONG, still is wrong, and always WILL BE WRONG as it relates to the SPECIFIC ISSUE that I posted, which was connecting with Splashtop (NOT Splashtop SOS) to the active RDP session. If the problem were to persist and you needed something to help you i said "can't you use VNC?" You were WRONG. Its possible to use Splashtop and RDP together, but as you Our team reviewed the video. In no time youll feel more in control of your computer when accessing it from an iPhone or iPad! I had to remove the machine from the domain Before doing that . There are some additional options under the Settings menu. After they install and run the app, the experience is the same. Youinstalled the Splashtop Business app that the technician uses and clicked the +SOS icon to start an SOS session, We gave the remote user instructions to download and run the SOS app and give the technician the 9 digit number, Next, wesaw how the technician enters that number in their app and can remote access and control the user's device, And finally, we saw how to manage your SOS account online, including managing multiple technicians under one account. thanks for leaving the comment. At that point, I knew I was in for a long week. If I try to help one of those RDP users via Splashtop, when I log into their RDP session via Splashtop's choice to connect to the active RDP session, it kicks them out of their RDP session, and if they log back in via RDP, it kicks ME out of the Splashtop connection. Holding down a click is like holding your finger down on the device screen. Set secondary authentication options, such asdevice authenticationandtwo-factor verification to prevent unauthorized users from remoting into your computers under your account. One of the most frustrating problems with Splashtop is when it only shows a black screen while trying to create a remote session to an unmanned Windows computer. Apple wants Mojave (10.14) users to grant explicit access in order to control a computer/device remotely. Using the Num Lock key Make sure the computer is not frozen by pressing Num Lock on the keyboard. Thanks. Want to give it a try for yourself? here it is how to use remote desktop mobile application to control a computer. They are back to work, and the new computers should be going in soon.Gregg, "Because you came on a forum with extremely limited to none knowledge on the software in question"Well, I did post in the Remote Support forum and tagged the Splashtop rep, and I have seen dozens of people on here recommend Splashtop, so I don't get your point about "a forum with extremely limited to none knowledge". Do you see that ITALICIZED word "specific" right before "Exchange server" in the scenario? On the guest machine (that you are remoting into) simply edit the current Windows theme and change the mouse cursor. Proving that someone else's product works when I had already proven that their own product can work would have been a waste of time. Step 4. Click Continue to hide the hints and view the remote computer screen. Did you seriously think I was unaware that other remote support tools exist? It's 100% irrelevant to getting the Exchange issue fixed.Now, please excuse me, but my knickers just came out of the wash and I need to go iron them.Gregg, "BTW, their SOS product DOES work on these problem systemswhich I figured out a few days after my post.". Today I finally had time to google wtf made the cursor disappear. Passionate about delivering compelling solutions on the Office 365/SharePoint platform. "Again, look at my scenario of an Exchange problem and someone suggesting Kerio. until some fix was offered. connect with Splashtop, you should Not log to the windows login of the Console Troubleshooting - Splashtop Business - Support Splashtop Business - Support Troubleshooting Troubleshooting Explore common questions and troubleshooting tips. 0 Comment actions Techsupport November 18, 2015 20:46 Just to add another item: The menu dropdown works after I make any change to the Windows Theme. If you see Realtek HD Audio Manager, right-click and select Disable. Go to your Splashtop web consoleto manage your account. The Splashtop onscreen prompts show the 3 steps. This is indicated by the icon at the center of the toolbar, as shown below. In my case, I use a VM for work on a personal machine, as I am a contractor and the work VM needs to be on the network and have all the group policy stuff, which like many organisations has its theme logod for corporate satisfaction. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Change). Renaming the file worked Bonus Flashback: March 3, 1969: Apollo 9 launched (Read more HERE.) Go back and read what I posted about the Exchange scenario. The Current Sessions list shows you currently running sessions under your account. It's irrelevant to your specific situation, but hey, hack it off and see if it fixes the problem!Gregg. "Yes, LOGICALLY, they SHOULD know more, BUT as I noted in my second sentence, "They have COMPLETELY MISSED what I am telling them or have given me false information." Find out why 20 million people use Splashtop and try it out for yourself today! Choose your primary button from the drop-down. Using kerio is a useful suggestion that may or may not guide someone to a fix depending on the issue at hand. Advance Has proxy settings options (No proxy, Auto, Manual) and to set Server, Username and Password. 0 Comment actions Please sign in to leave a comment. Unfortunately, this solution did not fix my Windows 10 mouse cursor issue while working remotely . Below is the fastest and most efficient way to configure this option. 2. you saved my life i was so frustrated editing documents. To scroll on an iOS device, you would need to hold your finger on the screen and move it up and down. Brilliant! If I choose Console, the user gets kicked out as expected. No, I did not, and the reason that I did not ask is because IT IS IRRELEVANT if others have the same problem. and was challenged. ", THEN your response would have been perfectly fine and I would have thanked you for the suggestion. "Splashtop wont let me connect at the same time as an end user!" The article notes that when you use remote access software such as Splashtop, everything you do within the window of that application happens on the computer in your office. Sadly this doesnt work for me. The GoToMyPC Pro Plan costs $41.50 (monthly-billed price) per computer per month and supports access for 2 to 50 computers. Clicking represents a touch. Run the Splashtop Business app that you installed above (on your Windows, Mac computer or iOS or Android device). Was this reply helpful? Step 3. Splashtop recently released update versions. What if 100 people all jumped in and said that their other product works, would that have helped figure out why SPLASHTOP did not work? Unfortunately, this hasnt worked for me I am finding that it will still keep disappearing. Use the table below to navigate to it. NO! This section will deal with issues like Splashtop dual monitor not working and Splashtop not working when the monitor is turned off, because users cant connect to a remote computer if its not active. This didnt work for me, but I have found a workaround: activating Display pointer trails and set speed to minimum. However, if the remote computer is on your company's network while you're remotely accessing it to browse the internet, your company can still monitor your internet activity as if you were using the office computer in person. I reinstalled the driver etc. So again, don't be like that when you've come to others for help when your actual only source of help isn't helping you because then other people may be reticent to help you in future in case you get your knickers in a twist again. Is there a way i can do that please help. Let the device recharge and then turn the device back on again. someone logs in with RDP remotely, the console session will get logged out, and Starting the session from a mobile device is very similar to starting from a computer. ", which is completely unrelated to Splashtop's issue. Thankfully the fix is a pretty simple one. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. When trying to hover over the edge/corner of a window to resize the point "jumps" several mm right and up. Some users noticed that a Windows10 update KB4056892 blocks communications with Splashtop. For future readers, Mark's response that "Our team will post a response for you at Splashtop support site (your ticket) shortly with a workaround to resolve the corner case win7 issue" was the fix (renaming a specific file). If the above methods dont work, wait for the device battery to drain naturally. Keep in mind that the only way someone could access your work computer is if 1) they have a user account within your organizations Splashtop account, and 2) the account administrator set their access permission to be able to access your computer. Have your end-user go to the SOS app download link displayed in your Splashtop app (sos.splashtop.com or sos.splashtop.eu, depending on where your account is located) to download and run a small program or app and give you the 9 digit code. If, after all that, the app continues to error out, users may have to uninstall and reinstall the Splashtop app. Try tapping the touchscreen with your finger, and then try tapping the screen with your surface pen. To continue this discussion, please ask a new question. Move on!Gregg, For any poor soul who may still be following this thread, the originalSPECIFIC issue with Splashtop has been fixed with their release on 6/21/20 of the Splashtop Streamer 3.4.0.0 version, a product specific to Splashtop and NO other product.The new Splashtop Streamer fixes the SPECIFIC Splashtop issue I noted in my original post and as noted multiple times, it is 100% unrelated to ANY other products suggested or mentioned.Note: items in bold text were highlighted in case someone else has poor reading skills.Gregg, BTW, who is "Denis (LiteManager)" and why is he spicing every post?Gregg, You sound like someone who would go to the doctor complaining of pain in the third finger of your right hand, and when the doctor asks, "Can I amputate your left foot? Splashtop users are able to toggle the blank screen on/off while in a remote session, as well as the lock remote computers keyboard and mouse to prevent tampering while youre working on the computer. Follow the steps below to learn how to enable this remote access permission: Users must execute this locally (AKA physically on the computer/machine or via a 3rd party tool with pre-existing access permission). Workaround If the computer indeed does not have enough video memory, there are two proven workarounds available: 1. Flashback: March 3, 1971: Magnavox Licenses Home Video Games (Read more HERE.) It could not be the computer hardware or any other software problem because the choice to connect to the active RDP session DID NOTHING when clicked in spite of it showing in their software. Remote Mouse Free. Right-click on each mouse and choose " Update driver .". Users will find the taskbar located at the bottom of the office computer. LOTS of people here use Splashtop. Logitech options find the ipad with your. Launch the file manager from the control bar. I did not need ANY other steps to prove that. Shame on me for thinking that an actual Splashtop user could test what I asked!----------------Regarding your "after originally not getting the answer you were looking for and getting nowhere with the one and only set of people that could actually help you" comment, you seem to have missed the point of why I posted here in the first place. It's possible to use Splashtop and RDP together, but as you connect with Splashtop, you should Not log to the windows login of the Console and should just immediately switch to the RDP terminal session. You will see a screen that looks like this where you enter the users 9-digit code. I wrote a blog post a while back about the disappearing mouse cursor in Visual Studio on virtual machines that Id connect to using remote desktop. They give you the code displayed in the app and you use that code in your Splashtop app to remotely access and control their Android device. Remember that if youre remotely controlling your office computer, any software your company uses to track your activity on your office computer can still be used, just as if you were using the work computer in-person. So glad I googled this and found your answer, its been so annoying! Thank you very much Great solution, I accidentally deleted a bunch of code because I couldnt see where the cursor was, Ouch! Step 1. Neither VNC nor SOS uses the Splashtop file that was the root of the "known issue" that was unknown to my Splashtop techs so ALL other products are irrelevant, even SOS.------------"testing other remote desktop apps does not exhibit the same issue, ergo you could discount an actual PC problem and could have proven to the technical team, seeing as they were being so obtuse, that it was the splashtop software that was at fault if they tried to tell you it wasn't. Is there a solution for the Mac users with the same problem? Microsoft MVP: Office Dev Until they are all ticked and working I cant fully remote (as I had done previously) my common experience is I can see the remote but cant click on the screen. I have a system with me which has dual boot os installed. Im using Windows 11. Sorry JR Im still on my learners plates when it comes to Mac . I realized I messed up when I went to rejoin the domain Aside from the Splashtop black screen issues, this can be caused by other display issues like a blank or failed app window, or the Windows Start menu being too small on screen. So, first interaction here, so if more is needed, or if I am doing something wrong, I am open to suggestions or guidance with forum ettiquette. For disconnect issue when switching users, we can't reproduce the issue in-house. Note that the page will automatically detect their operating system and offer them the Windows or Mac download if they are on a computer or a mobile app download if they are on a mobile device or tablet. Remote Mouse Free offers users excellent functionality free of cost. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. That is why I posted here, asking for a specific set of steps to be tested USING SPLASHTOP, but you answered "Cant you just use VNC or something similar? Now, reboot your system. The problem right now is while using splashtop, my mouse doesn't lock therefore my mouse goes off screen when I click. Addicted to coffee. 6. They give you the code and you enter it in your Splashtop App (after clicking the SOS + icon) and that starts the session. QED. This black screen will linger for a few seconds, and then the app crashes. "Exchange isn't receiving emails" can you use kerio to see if that receives email? Open the Splashtop Controls" menu in your remote session and make sure that Trackpad Mode is enabled. While frustrating, there are a few methods to resolve this issue: The ability to remote print is not only convenient but integral in the modern world of remote work. (i haven't tried this it is just a blind suggestion), Sure, I could "just use" VNC, or AnyDesk, or TeamViewer, or any of the dozens of other remote support tools, but let me ask you this question. Ensure the device has a stable internet connection and all proxy, network, and Splashtop software settings are properly configured; Ask the network administrator if the following addresses are accessible on your network: amazonaws.com (as Splashtop servers reside on Amazon Web Servers), Make sure the port 443 is open for all traffic, including non-ssl. I agree, but there was NO value in the suggestion and THAT is what made it irrelevant to the specific Splashtop (not SOS) issue at hand. Your ""Exchange isn't receiving emails" can you use kerio to see if that receives email? Hit the Settings gear (located beside the name of the remote computer), Change the resolution to Best fit to local computer. File transfer is supported in version 2.6. It frustrated me because I see these types of "answers" all over the place that contribute nothing to the conversation and usually end up in them getting derailed, just like this one. This will automatically shut off the device. I see that type of response, but I don't reply to them because they are not in my post thread. 1) Download the personal app on the device you would like to connect from 2) Create a Splashtop account 3) Download the streamer (splashtop.com/streamer) on the computer you would like to. The purpose of this function is to prevent other people from accessing the connected host remote computer. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System. There was ZERO NEED to involve testing other products because I already had proven to them that THEIR product works on other computers and that their software was at fault. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. This means that when using a mouse while remoting from an iOS device to a computer, you have to use it the same way you would use your fingers to control the screen. And the down arrow button on the right hides the toolbar. And what are the pros and cons vs cloud based. : I was messed up by which Windowss pointer would I change for ( Guest or Host ). Click, Splashtop Black Screen Problem and How to Fix It, Splashtop Multiple Monitors are not Working, Resolving Splashtop Issues Doesnt Have To Be A Headache, Ensure youre running Splashtop Streamer v3.3.4.0 or newer. Is there a bug report with microsoft we can upvote to get this fixed? is a KNOWN ISSUE?Gregg. Copyright 2023 Splashtop Inc. All rights reserved. Get started with our Splashtop Business Access free trial and use a mouse to control your computer from your iPad or iPhone device! By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. "Do you see that your response was no different than me asking a specific Exchange server question in the Exchange forum and getting a "Can't you use a Kerio server or something similar?" However, if you'd like a free alternative, we have mentioned one in the article itself. Create a new remote connection to the Windows machine and start printing. On the Client machine, launch Remote Desktop, and create a virtual desktop connection. Thanks. Start by downloading and installing the Splashtop Business app, Access all of the downloads in the left column of https://www.splashtop.com/sos/downloads. Even though Splashtop SOS just happens to work, SOSALSO IS 100% IRRELEVANT to the Splashtop issue that I had with the regular Splashtop product. Step 2. I realized I messed up when I went to rejoin the domain Check with your Splashtop account administrators to ensure that access permissions for all computers are updated. I have attached a pic to show what the problem looks like - the mouse will appear to select a menu item, but the dropdown menu will not appear. USEFUL" comment is USELESS because you failed to read the scenario correctly. GoToMyPC. The cursor on certain parts of the screen would end up being the same color as the white background and therefore disappear. You wont need to adjust any settings in the Splashtop app to use the mouse while in app. My Microsoft Keyboard or Mouse doesn't do what I want it to You can change settings, set left-click, right-click, and middle click settings, key settings and configurations, and scrolling resolution. Why the BIG DEAL you made out of it? Splashtop Personal app introduction; Hot Topics. But the more budget-friendly plans (Splashtop Personal and Splashtop Business Solo) users must manually switch back and forth between the displays: Please note: The secondary monitor should open in its own window. Open the Splashtop Business Application on the local computer -> Click on the gears (settings) icon of the remote computer that's experiencing the issue -> A new window will open up -> Look towards the bottom and click "Restart Streamer" 0 Comment actions Please sign in to leave a comment. Id definitely like to hear of a permanent solution to this as its damn annoying. I also note the plethora of splash top users that have flooded this thread clambering over each other to help you. GUEST or HOST! Please note: You can switch the setting back to extend these displays upon returning to the office. Say hello to your cursor when editing text again! If your company has installed software on your work computer such as ActivTrak or SentryPC to track the web pages you visit, software you install, or other activity, then that tracking on your work computer will happen regardless of whether you are sitting in front of it in the office or remoting into it from home. When you start a session to access a Windows computer, there is a checkbox where you have the option to Connect as Admin. We all make mistakes like YOU did. Navigate to the SOS area of the app Click the "+" SOS icon or select "SOS | Connect to User's Computer" from the menu Any way to make it not dissappear. However, if the remote computer is on your companys network while youre remotely accessing it to browse the internet, your company can still monitor your internet activity as if you were using the office computer in person. 3) After selecting language, press Shift + F10 to open Command Prompt. Share this: Twitter Facebook LinkedIn More Loading. I added a "LocalAdmin" -- but didn't set the type to admin. Thanks, Cameron. So pleased I found this after trawling through all the idiot didnt read the manual posts on other sites. In the lower right corner of your screen are controls to open the toolbar and access the on-screen keyboard. not useful to get the answer as to why exchange isn't installing but proves that you don't have a local PC issue with installing software and allows you to discount the local PC being unable to install anything as the source of the problem. I say its a good compromise. Once your Bluetooth or wired mouse is connected to your iOS device, you can customize a few of its settings from within the AssistiveTouch menu. Lord that was bloody annoying ! I wanted to know if i can remote access this machine and switch between os or while rebooting the system I can select the specific os. Copyright 2023 Electronic Team, Inc., its affiliates and licensors, 1800 Diagonal Road, Ste 600, Alexandria, VA 22314, USA +12023358465 , Electronic Team uses cookies to personalize your experience on our website. Tap to run the Splashtop Business app on your device (in this case an iPad). Follow the prompts to update the driver if prompted. That would be the only reason I can think of for someone to say that. You said it because you failed to properly read and comprehend the issue at hand and that the requested test steps had nothing to do with ANYTHING other than the specific software and specific situation outlined in my original post.---------Finally, the fact that Splashtop themselves, minus my support techs, knew about the problem PROVES ONCE AGAIN that my points have all been correct and that "Cant you just use VNC or something similar?" Also, you can compare Splashtop with the other remote access tools by checking the Splashtop vs. TeamViewer and RemotePC vs. Splashtop articles. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our cookie policy. Fixed Windows 10 Remote Desktop mouse issue. If having to swap between the monitors gets frustrating, you can change the remote computer to only utilize a single monitor. This has been bugging me since recent windows update. Our team's plan is to add the fix in upcoming release of new streamer (agent) targeting in two weeks so there will not be a need for the workaround shortly. I have posted useless answers to others' thread before when I misinterpreted their issues. Now, when Windows is loading with the spinning dot on the display, press and hold the power. Close any/all other readers and browsers that might have open PDFs, Visit the Adobe Acrobat Readers official, Save the installer on the Windows machine, Click Finish once the installation is complete. Thanks for the comment made me laugh and glad it helped end your frustration. (Mine shows disabled if I use the function key to disable it- surprise..:)) Solution 1: Turn off the auto-hide taskbar option Right-click the taskbar, choose Properties, and deselect Auto-hide the taskbar. Developed by Splashtop Inc., Splashtop is a suite of remote support and remote desktop software. You can try these steps to resolve the issue: Configure Splashtop settings for individual remote PCs: The next time users create a connection, the display will be crisper since its adjusted the resolution to mirror your home computer/laptop. It is a bit extreme and long winded but it would allow you to confirm exchange was at fault, but ultimately it isn't actually an irrelevant suggestion and it does depend on what the issue is as to whether you would do this. On your iPad, click " Trust " when " Trust this computer " pops up. "Now hopefully you understand why i said 'can you use VNC? In the Mouse properties window, change the Scheme to Windows Black (system scheme).