You can follow her musings on Instagram. From that experience, I didnt touch another drop of Springbank for nearly four years. Very well made whisky and very very enjoyable. Springbank 1979 / 14 Year Old Campbeltown Single Malt Scotch Whisky. 55% Sherry, 35% Bourbon, 10% Rum WebSpringbank 10 Year Old. Therefore no rights can be derived from the information on this website. Tongue-coating honey, herbal sweetness of thyme. Licensed in 1828, Springbank is one of the last surviving producers of single malt Thats when I decided that I had to give whiskies more than one try, even if I disliked them the first time. Medium in length here. This website uses Cookies to help it function properly. I wanted to try it because of how much I like Springbank. They were first introduced in the late 1990s, and were eventually re-named as the Local Barley series in the 2000s. Look Diageo, this is Whisky Springbank 10 yo (46%, OB, 2016)Not everyone agrees with the new livery, but to me it shouts we dont care about the outside, its whats inside the bottle that counts. The citrus element continues on the palate, combined with notes of manuka honey and pear drops. you have read, understood, and agree to our Privacy Policy. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts. All RightsReserved. The nose had a huge bourbon & spirit vibe. Herbs - thyme and lavender. Complex. WebSpringbank distillery is a family-owned single malt whisky distillery on the Kintyre Peninsula in western Scotland.It is owned by J & A Mitchell & Company, which also owns the Glengyle distillery, the oldest independent bottler, William Cadenheads, and several blended scotch labels. The peat is most evident on the finish with more of a drying smoke intertwined with that white pepper and salt. one bottle per order please. A tannic, spicy element is introduced in the palate, along with notes of cola cubes, cherry menthol, cinnamon and caramel. Our special air-inflated packaging is both re-usable and recyclable, as well as efficient to both transport and dispose of. For me, a standard that is always fun and never boring. one bottle per order please. Dry aromatic herbs. Matured in a combination of bourbon and sherry casks, it is complex yet perfectly balanced from the first sip through to the sweet, salty finish. Notes of dark berries, fruit cake, ginger and honey provide a warm introduction to this dram. Springbank distillery has been owned and operated by the Mitchell family in Campbeltown since 1837, and it one of Scotland's most revered distilleries. Brand: Springbank Release: 10-Year Size: 700mL Alcohol Volume: 46% Age: 10-Year-Old Region: Campbeltown Closure: Cork stopper Price: From AUD$80 If youve never tried Springbanks single malt whiskies, youre really missing out. Bourbon sweetness, peat, citrusy, salty, underline sherry tones. Required fields are marked *. When I first bought this bottle, I was wondering why the price of this 10 year old was 2x the price of other 10 year old bottle from other distilleries. The Whisky Exchange ; The Character of Islay Whisky Company; Murray McDavid; World Whisky. The orchard fruit and malt notes from the nose continue, providing balance and character. Then I get tinned peaches and baked red apples. But it doesn't lose its spicy fruitiness. Springbank is truly the most complex and exciting of all malt whiskies. A bit drying with nougat, pepper, apple, citrus and later waxy. There is a sweetness in notes of honey and syrup and the creamy caramel note from the nose persists. Just great whisky! 4449145). ), not chill-filtered and bottled at 46% ABV without artificial coloring. On the palate, this 10 year-old is both malty and sweet with a long elegant finish. Fresh, fruity, pineapples, pears, mango, whiffs of leather and smoke, also some creme brulee, hints of citrus fruits, honey dew, wax polish - very good, Very oily and creamy, now more fine citrus and wood notes, oranges, lemons, and more exotic fruits, subtle sweetness - excellent, Medium long, fruity, warm - gets more punchy and mineral in the end - great. Brand: Springbank Release: 10-Year Size: 700mL Alcohol Volume: 46% Age: 10-Year-Old Region: Campbeltown Closure: Cork stopper Price: From AUD$80 If youve never tried Springbanks single malt whiskies, youre really missing out. Butterscotch and toffee notes add a sweet element, followed by a creamy, nutty aroma. A little too smoky, otherwise an excellent whisky. The typical Springbank characteristics hold their own against the heavy PX influence in an apparent oiliness and damp, dunnage note. Denne her er fra 2010 og dermed 12 r gammel Det er et Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. He had to settle for the ten-year-old instead, but I was only interested in the CS, therefore I declined. The Springbank character married with the sweet, rich PX influence creates a perfect winter-warmer dram. Different farms, barley varieties, cask maturations and length of time the whisky spends in the casks from one batch to the next allow our customers a unique tasting experience every time. Smoke, vanilla, caramel, nut, wood and a hint of dry fruit. 86 users have left 92 reviews Springbank 17 Year Fresh Bourbon Barrel Cage 2002. You can purchase the Springbank 10 from the Whisky Exchange for 42.95, with Master of Malt coming in at a reasonable 39.90. A 750ml bottle of the US edition of Springbank 10 runs $69 at my local store. A little iodine and peat. first mild, ashy smoke (a bit salty, mineral, musty cellar, wet cardboard) then fruity-fresh (lemon, green apple, salt again), hazelnut cream, caramel and malt, mineral earthy, slightly salty and metallic (but not pungent / young), pepper; on the other side sweetness - nut nougat cream, caramel, milk chocolate; both well balanced, medium length, some milk chocolate, a lot of salt, pepper, some bitter smoke, charcoal. Whiskybase B.V.Zwaanshals 5303035 KS RotterdamThe NetherlandsKVK: 60207205VAT: NL853809112B01. February 2023 Top 20 Highest Single Bottle Hammer Prices. Please click here for more details. (Reserve has been met) This lot currently has. The pine from the nose really comes through. Finish, I get mostly vanilla and oak and a little caramel. The bourbon influence is presented in notes of vanilla custard and custard creams. Note that the Springbank CV bottling, which is at a similar price-point, is purportedly a vatting of 6, 8, and 12 year-old malts (unverified), from different barrel finishes. All rights reserved. On-site floor maltings, worm tubs, and even (some) direct-fired stills. Pop your email address in below and well let you know next time this product becomes available. Creamy confectionery and smooth toffee follow through from the nose. 3,600 Bottles Worldwide. By continuing you agree to the use of cookies and our fascinating privacy policy. Midleton Very Rare 30th Anniversary Pearl Edition. Raw pickled potatoes and cherry-like, with hints of chocolate. WebSpringbank distillery Campbeltown Single Malt Scotch Whisky The equipment at Springbank is resolutely old-style: an old Boby mill, an open-top cast-iron mash tun, wooden washbacks made from boatskin larch; and three stills, direct fire on one of them, a worm tub on another. Your email address will not be published. 89. We werent being very fair. Other bottles were opened and finished whilst this lingered a bit long in the cabinet. Taking responsibility for your own actions. Cucumber water. slightly orange, sweet, slightly vanilla, earthy, minimal smoke, slightly cheese, Rated 83 points; an above average whisky for a below average price, peaches and cream, seashells, some bitterness, whiffs of smoke, and hints towards bretanomyaces. Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website. The peaty character is now evident with sooty kiln smoke and tobacco leaves prominent in this viscous tipple alongside prunes, walnuts, figs, Demerara sugar, cocoa powder and smoked meats. Its a credit to the distillery and its owner that such an old-fashioned approach is still adopted and that they keep prices reasonable despite the current sky-high demand.This ten year old is limited to 1 or 2 releases a year in the UK and is reasonably obtainable if you get a heads up it's about to be released, but you'll only have a few days to make your decision before its gone again. Mouth-feel is mainly spicy (mouth-warming pepper) and mouthcoating in an oily & creamy way. SGP:452 92 points(but thats my very last warning). The distillery uses traditional worm tubs, a cast-iron mash tun, and employs mechanical rummagers (to prevent a buildup of burnt deposits) in the copper stills, which are heated with a combination of steam and direct oil fire. This quality for 45 ? It's not unpleasant but neither can it be avoided, you certainly won't find this in the Speyside sippers. If you have any question with respect to the processing of your personal data by Whiskybase B.V., please contact e-mail: info@whiskybase.com. Springbank 10 year old (2021 bottling) - 46%, Natural Colour, NCF. medium, some strange but very pleasant sweetness, like candied fruits . A wonderful example of what Springbank distillate can do when given the chance to shine. Sort of like walking into your Grandpa's shed, grassy tools, lawnmower oil and damp vegetal manner. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Subtle furniture polish and dry ash. Very easy going and easy drinking well balanced and tastes older. Fresh with morning grass and hay. The information on this website is only meant for personal, non commercial use. The jurys still out, but so far I think I like Springbank better, which is not to say that its bad in any way. Good PLV. The palate is gentle and refined with a smooth, buttery feel. With the fruit and soft peat, reminds me of a bourbon barrel Bowmore. The 2021 release of Springbank Local Barley 10 Year Old single malt has been made with locally-grown barley and matured in oloroso sherry casks for a decade, before being bottled in December 2020. One for your collection and one for your own ! Becomes fresher and brighter with water, though it doesn't necessarily need it. That information will be held by us in accordance with our Privacy Policy Here the smoke is only slightly in the background, Springbank never dissapoints. Aromas of raisins, prunes, coffee beans, dark chocolate and walnuts fill the nose, complemented by notes of crme brulee, orange zest, nutmeg, maraschino cherries and caramel shortbread throughout the palate. Begin typing your search above and press return to search. Lots of talk surrounding the Springbank Local Barley focuses on price. 2/2/2018, and remember its the UK market 700ml version. Fades quickly, but lingers with that pine-flecked peat. Sold on: February 12th at Irish Whiskey Auctions. A delicate citrus tang with a savouriness to it, almost like earthy mushrooms. Very good 10 year old. Nose Delicate oral notes kick off this dram, along with hints of digestive biscuit and a cereal note reminiscent of the malt barns. WebSpringbank is one of the very few spirits not to be chill-filtered before bottling. A waxy (lime peels-like) aftertaste lingering with drying oak and mildly peppery spices. In the mouth: it is slightly sweet with new wood. WebSpringbank 10 Year Old Bottling Note A fabulous 10 year old Springbank, matured in bourbon casks as well as sherry casks, adding a wonderful depth of flavour. Whats the bottling date on the springbank 10? Led by our knowledgeable team, our tours and tastings will take you through the sights and flavours that make up our famous Springbank Whisky. Surprisingly peaty in the mouth, have they mixed in a little more over the years? Prices vary based on delivery destination (it's a tax thing), so please change it if you're not shipping within France as it might affect the price! WebSpringbank 25 Year Old 2023 Release Description. An annual release, our most recent edition of the 25 year old was bottled in December 2022, with only 1400 bottles of the highly sought-after release available. The Old Pulteney was a welcome final dram! Fresh cream, pear, apricot, very fruity, some high esters. Springbank 10-Year. They are not strongly flavored. Knob Creek; Early Time ; Four Roses; Jack Daniel's; Michter's; Blanton's; Woodford Reserve; There are hints of honey and syrup, balanced with fresh barley water. The twelve was so lovely; the ten had to be decent. I like that it isnt fully sherried: over time, I seem to be favouring whiskies that are matured in both bourbon and sherry casks, and this one hits the spot. The saline salty tang gives way to the dry ash smoke. Looks like another great one to try. This whisky is delicious. How old-fashioned! The finish grows and develops with notes of soot, leather and walnuts prominent before easing off like the ebbing tide over one of Kintyres pebble beaches. Not bad, it has a decent spice note and the wood note from the casks compliments the profile but I cannot get excited about it, plenty of better stuff out there in this price bracket. My first Campbeltown malt, actually different, yet not fully rewarding. WebSpringbank 1919 myytiin lokakuussa 2019 Sothebysissa 266 200 punnalla, ja mukana oli vuoden 2001 aitoustodistus. There are notes of hard toffee and crme caramel, along with a spicy, wood element. Long finish. Registered Office: Elixir House, Whitby Avenue, Park Royal, London NW10 7SF,UK. This is one of my absolute favorite easy drinking whisky and the price to performance is absolutely ridiculous. A 700ml bottle of Springbank 10 ran me $46 US after currency exchange rates when ordered from the UK (plus a whole lot in shipping, but it was in a large batch of orders, so that spread out the cost a bit). Already has a creamy and viscous effect on the nose. Today it is one of the only distilleries to malt, distil, bottle and mature whisky on the same site, and produces three distinct and highly prized single malts. There is peated smoke that is not overpowering, a salty brine, and I detect something slightly medicinal. Another factor: maybe it wasnt the best the whisky could have been, as Springbank bottles have a reputation for being inconsistent but in a good way! Very distill driven whisky, well craft, simple but great. smoky, slightly ashy, somewhat earthy, light fruits, then becoming a bit sweet, citrus fruits and slightly nuts, later a slightly salty note, Salty, sour fruit notes, then pepper, later it becomes slightly sweet and some chocolate comes through as well as the nuts again, but this rather in the background. Average length on the wood, vanilla cream, sweet spices, salt and a fine vegetable peat present but in excess. Finish: A lot of charcoal, but not too bitter. Lovely, complex and absolutely delightful. Smells like autumn. Bottled June 2018. Springbank 10 Year Old Local Barley / 2010 Vintage / 2021 Release. Sold on: February 12th at Irish Whiskey Auctions. In my opinion, this whisky needs time to breathe, and with a few drops of water it can open up; but personally, I like to drink my whiskies neat! There is a tiny hint of bitterness to it, almost like when you eat seeded soft fruit and catch one of the seeds between your teeth. No big fault if it is not a reduction too much felt. Amazon will sell you a bottle for Springbank 1919 50 year old. Why? The water, like all Campbeltown whiskies, comes from the Crosshill Loch in the hills above the town, and is supplemented by a private well from a borehole drilled deep into the rock beneath the town. Master of Malt supports responsible drinking - Sip, don't Gulp. Characteristically fruity from the outset, there are notes of papaya, mango and lemon on the nose, along with a subtle floral note. Awesome Whisky, really excellent! (verified owner) April 12, 2022, Ryan By clicking Notify me! (and ticking the box, if applicable), you confirm All salty lemon, grease, earth and oils, weaved together in soft harmony. Palate The vanilla note from the nose develops on the palate into flavours of sweet, creamy victoria sponge. The nose is mineral, gently peated and salty with notes of metal, sweet malt, vanilla desert along with sea salt and baked apples. Results converted to dollars using xe.com. Freshly cut tangerines, oranges, pineapples, red apples: an extremely tasty and inviting fruit basket, almost a mush in terms of the smell.