On the northern end of Monterey Bay, Ben Kelly, 26 years old, was attacked and killed by a shark while surfing. Bluffs Beach is located underneath the San Onofre State Beach Bluffs Campground off Old Highway 101. OK, lets get started in North County San Diego at San Onofre State Beach. You can also post your week for rent or sale on this site. In an email, Bailey said she was at the beach with her family Saturday when she observed the incident. Bathrooms & Showers Restrooms and shower facilities are available along Carlsbad State Beach. California State Parks lifeguards monitor the beach. Joe Curran made a great. The waters down in Imperial Beach are almost always closed because of the raw sewage from Tijuana. 11:25 am- Rick Nagle and his wife surf 50 yards from shore between Old Mans and Dogpatch in 8 to 10 feet of water. South Carlsbad State Beach (better known as Ponto) has more well-defined peaks for surfing than the faster-closing beachbreaks on the main stretch. Hi Paul! The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network. A 7-foot shark passed the tail of his board while paddling, making a perfect T. The shark then continued north and disappeared. A shark attack took place on Maui yesterday when a person who was spearfishing was first bumped then bitten. Kelly was surfing with a friend, who said they could swim back to shore but could not stop the bleeding. The Beaches of San Diego County-Updated 2020. 12:00 pm- Ron Wood was SUP in 8 feet of water and saw a 6 to 8-foot shark swim under his board. Here is an excellent example that I found if you would like to see an adult great white shark breaching from the Smithsonian- Photo Sequence of Great White Shark Hunting. 4:30 pm- Mark McAllister and his brother Dave were getting ready to surf North of Old Mans at The Point when they noticed some activity in the water. 630 pm- Jack Hanlon and friends surfed in Solana Beach near Del Mar in 5 to 10 feet of water. If a shark is sighted, swim back to shore as smoothly as possible. It exposed its white belly, acting deranged like it was attacking something. Well, I ended up relocating to Los Angeles later that year of 1992. So, why not document the various shark sightings/ encounters in San Diego County, beach by beach? 2230 sqft with a great open floor plan, rock fireplace + wood stove with upstairs loft area. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. Ralph S. Collier from SRC called me on Friday and said he wanted to let me know it was a juvenile 5-6 foot white shark that attacked me." He estimated that it was 4 to 5 feet. About ten minutes later, many birds started circling and diving due to the large amount of baitfish. According to Chris Lowe, marine biologist and director of the Shark Lab at California State Long Beach: there may be 30 great white sharks off Solana Beach and Del Mar. I then saw a man reeling in a large marine reel and another man running towards the water with a spear. Two SUP also had the shark swim under their boards. A shark was sitting motionless 2 feet underwater and was estimated to be 6 to 7 feet long and 12 to 18 inches wide. To go one step further, I have separated them into Coastal and Pelagic groups. The La Jolla Underwater Park, a popular snorkeling and scuba diving spot, begins towards the midpoint of La Jolla Shores Beach and ends at La Jolla Cove. But as you continue, the beach becomes flat and sandy. 11:00 am- Ryan Levinson was SUP 150 yards from shore near Point Loma reef when he marked a sea lion acting abnormally. Cardiff-by-the-Sea is a coastal community in southern Encinitas. Consider a stay at the Tamarack Beach Resort Hotel. There was also a dead whale beached off of Trail #1. Dolphins are regularly seen off the shore of Encinitas to Carlsbad. Plenty of people nearby at the timemany of whom didn't quite realize what was lurking behind them. La Jollas pristine coastline is lined with spectacular bluffs that continue to Pacific Beach. CARLSBAD, Calif. Lifeguards placed warning signs at Tamarack State Beach in North County Saturday after someone reported seeing a great white shark in the water there. Nick stated that though no one has seen a great white shark give birth, he believes it must be somewhere close to Southern California because of the large amounts of juveniles seen here. It seemed as if two sharks were attacking the sea lion, not just one. Relax poolside at the resort's two heated outdoor swimming pools with bubbling hot tubs and sun deck. Soil Wet, organic soil is best for Larix laricina. Suddenly, he noticed a 24-inch triangular dorsal fin surface 20 yards south of him. With two friends, Chuck Patterson had been SUP the day before and saw two sharks circling for fifteen minutes. He decided to move more North and continued to surf. Kenny OSullivan was out surfing for 2 hours at the lineup and saw a great white shark swim directly under his board. Offshore there are many reefs, and the bluffs are very close to the shore. The first occurred on October 8, 1989, between Wrightsville Beach and Carolina Beach in New Hanover County. Tamarack State Beach Phone: (800) 444-7275 Address: Carlsbad Blvd & Tamarack Ave, Carlsbad, CA 92008 QUICK LINK Carlsbad State Beach, also known as Tamarack Beach, stretches from the warm water jetties, just south of Tamarack Avenue, to Frazee Beach, near Carlsbad Village Drive. Be the first one! Carlsbad is located south of Oceanside, north of Encinitas, and is home to the Agua Hedionda Lagoon and the Batiquitos Lagoon. 8:30 am- John A was surfing 200-300 feet from shore at South Solana Beach. Suddenly a sea lion popped its head up, and he noticed the water boiling around the animal. Reset. Here are some last-minute, Best last-minute Valentines Day gifts for him, A new pirate-themed speakeasy has washed ashore in, CA bill could add weight fees for SUVS, trucks, Lights in the sky lead to 911 calls across NorCal, Gun dealer sentenced for unlicensed firearms enterprise, Carjacking suspect caught after wild chase in L.A., This SD campground is among the best in America, CA extends tax deadline to Oct. 16 for disaster areas, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. 7:30- 8:00 pm- Briana Madden saw a shark jump out of the water 30 to 40 yards from outside the surf break. Experts also noted that this area is notorious for juvenile great white shark sightings and is called Shark Park.. Also included are an offshore blue and mako shark cage diving excursion. (WJET/WFXP/YourErie.com) While Saturday, March 4, will feature Erie Zoo's grand re-opening celebration, the big news is new animals coming to the local attraction. This is doggy central - almost every person is walking a dog. Under a shark warning, the public is advised to say out of the water. Benthic is a term used to describe the ecological region of the lowest level at the bottom of any body of water. Beautiful Custom log home with Lake & Beach Access!! But a juvenile did not attack Ben, as experts reported the shark to have been larger than 10 feet. He then looked down into the water and saw an 8-foot great white shark in front of him. He and about six other surfers saw an 8-foot great white shark breach out of the water about 200 yards from where they were surfing. Although it is a little dated, the property is very clean and well maintained. The San Diego Sheriff's Office helicopter is also patrolling the area. Through countless hours of research, he found the odds of being attacked by a shark; that is, if you live within 100 miles of the coast, it is 1 in 3.6 million. It is also important to note that dogs are allowed within this section of the beach. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. . Add review Add review Post photo This beach has no reviews yet. But two or more sharks as long as 4 feet were . Before beginning, it is essential to note that any unprovoked encounter with a shark where they touch or brushes against you is considered an attack. Review of Tamarack Beach Resort Reviewed September 7, 2022 This resort is located across the street from Carlsbad State Park Beach and close to the downtown district. La Jolla Cove is THE place to snorkel and scuba dive in San Diego! The palisades and walkway atop the Seawall is another romantic spot for watching the sunset and enjoying the ocean view. 9:00 am- Marcus at Surfline reported that Dan ODonnel and others were (SUP) when a 6 to 8-foot great white shark breached next to them. It was an unfortunate day. He thinks the shark may have been attracted to a paddleboarder who had his dog with him. Making sure that your tree can grow in direct sun should help to ensure it gets adequate spacing. Dogpatch is located at the very south end of San Onofre Surf Beach. There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/cafe. Suddenly, he felt something hit the back of his board and slam into his left calf, making him lose his balance and fall backward onto a great white shark. I have always had a deep-seated passion for the Ocean Environment which ultimately led me to receive a degree in Marine Biology. And on sunny days one could easily see right down into the water from the top of the stairs near the cliff. Sharks have fascinated me since I was a little girl, and my first scientific report was on the hammerhead shark in fourth grade. Suddenly he noticed a 6-foot shark a bit on its side looking up at him from under the water. Here is a little history about this fabulous organization-, The Shark Research Committee was founded in 1963 with the primary reason for assisting Leonard P Schultz of the Smithsonian Institute and the Office of Naval Research in documenting all shark attacks from the Pacific Coast of North America., The Shark Research Committee determined that the overwhelming majority (87%) of shark attacks are done by the great white shark (Carcharodon carcharias.). He noted that the shark was larger than 8 feet and was moving fast. 1:35 pm- Leo Simone was surfing in 8 to 10 feet of water at Old Mans. He claims that the shark jumped 5 to 6 feet in the air. The third time is when he got the best look at the shark. Main home has 3 bedrooms 2 baths & Brand New fully finished . Witnesses saw the sharks swimming out of the surf and lineup. It has been noted, by Dr. Chris Lowe, that this is the first time in 16 years that he has. Houseboats. Someone yelled that it was coming his way. 6:00 pm- Greg McLaughlin was SUP in 10 feet of water when an 8-foot great white shark swam below him 5 feet below the surface. Did you also know that several shark diving companies out of San Diego offer great white shark cage diving tours to Guadalupe Island in Mexico? Tamarack Ave. tide charts for today, tomorrow and this week Friday 10 February 2023, 7:17PM PST (GMT -0800). While sitting on his surfboard, he noticed a shark breaching almost vertically and coming entirely out of the water about 500 feet away. I want to give you a couple of suggestions for seeing small sharks the next time you are at the beach. Post author: Post published: junho 10, 2022 Post category: cypress if element is visible Post comments: are baby wipes fsa eligible 2021 are baby wipes fsa eligible 2021 Kelly Lewis came across a 6-foot salmon shark. La Jolla has a wide range of beaches to explore. Place it at least 15 feet from any other trees. 11:00 am A father and son were surfing 100 yards offshore when they encountered a 6 to 8-foot great white shark 20 yards from them. After reading about the great white shark sightings in San Diego. They also provide several other shark diving adventures from across the world. A visible gaping wound on its lower left abdominal quadrant was actively bleeding. 0. warrants st martin parish. show map to favorites Share Weather in o c. o c. Set dates to see the specific data Set dates to see the specific data. I suggest taking Trestles Beach Trail, as the parking options are better. Click on the above link for more information. 5:00 pm- Marcus from Surfline reported that Matthew Fry was SUP when a 5 to 6-foot great white shark swam underneath the nose of his board. Just after he got back onshore, he asked a couple of other surfers what had happened. He estimated it was about 6 feet long. Church surf break is located in San Onofre Beach Campground, Camp Pendletons private military campsite. Thirty minutes later, an 8 to 10-foot shark swam under his board, swimming west. Below, I have compiled a list of all 2003 to 2009 San Diego shark sightings (primarily great white sharks) reported off the coast of San Diego County. I do recall, once, while working as a fisheries technician (a long time ago), a recreational fishing boat I was surveying at Oceanside Harbor had a dead 4 to 5-foot great white shark onboard. A halibut was hanging off his kayak when he saw a 5 to 7-foot shark coming toward him. Matt said he paddled out after riding a wave when he and the shark noticed each other simultaneously. Sara Oister, 11, was boogie . While researching, I came across the Shark Research Committee website and was blown away by the valuable information I could utilize from this unique platform. 5:30 pm- John Hamner was surfing 100 yards from shore in 8 feet of water at sunset when he saw a 10 to 16-inch dorsal fin. When he surfaced, his companion said he saw a dorsal fin circling 30 yards out. 9:30 am- 10:45 am- Steve Butcher reported several great white shark sightings of a large 8 to 9-foot shark. Located just 268 south of San Diego, Guadalupe Island provides some of the worlds best great white shark diving. Coronado Island is a large sand spit in San Diego Bay that connects to the mainland near Imperial Beach. So far, he has tagged and is following over 120 juvenile sharks off San Diego via acoustic tags. A US Coast Guard helicopter was hovering near Trail #1 and spotted great white sharks. The reasons given for such a move are blamed on unethical practices of tour companies, such as divers swimming outside of the cage, improper uses of bait and chum, as well as the discharge of pollutants. 5:30 pm- Scott Barton and Emily Sondergaard were surfing 20 yards offshore in 4 feet of water. He was trying to catch a wave about 150 yards in front of SONGS when suddenly he saw a shark swimming alongside him 3 to 4 feet under the water. A stay at Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort places you in the heart of Carlsbad, a 1-minute drive from Carlsbad State Beach and 8 minutes from The Crossings at Carlsbad. Three weeks prior, there was a dead seal with noticeable bite marks. 3:30 pm- David Bull was SUP 300 yards from shore in 10 feet of water. Around 4:30 pm, Paul Hibberd was out flying his drone on Torrey Pines State Beach when he noticed a juvenile great white shark swimming underneath a surfer out in the water. Just 35 minutes north of San Diego, our beach [] Explore Now Because the shark took an interest in the swimmer by circling, this behavior warranted a Level 2 response, so the lifeguards set up warning signs for all of the beaches north and south of the area for one mile. If youre feeling lucky, try the small beachside lot on the west side of Carlsbad Blvd where Tamarack Ave intersects. A 10-foot great white shark was reported in the surf zone 3/4 mile north of Trail #1, in front of Unit #1 at SONGS. Doug Nunnally, a 49-year-old man, was diving late afternoon. Several minutes later, it swam away from him. They remarked that a few dolphins circled him as if they were protecting him from the shark when paddling back in. The Carlsbad Seawall, a paved 4-mile walking path along the coast, extends from Carlsbad Village drive to Cannon). tamarack beach shark. Suddenly, a dorsal fin appeared, and he guessed the shark was 5 to 6 feet. 1:30 pm- Doug Green was surfing the surf break. Fishing Lodges. First, the reopening R Once I started this endeavor, I had no idea how many shark sightings occur (there are so many!). The tragedy occurred 100 yards (91 meters) from the shore of Sand Dollar Beach at Manresa State Beach, Santa Cruz. SDSharkDiving.com offers 5 to 16-day diving trips on the Nautilus Explorer from $2895 to $5595 per person. Daniel noted that water visibility was zero due to. Veterans Memorial Hwy Hawthorne, NV 89415 775-885-6000 Official Website. No Comments . Tamarack Beach Resort is where you come to make memories that last a lifetime. Once both were situated, David looked at the shark and believed it was an 8-foot great white. The hotel which is located just across the street from the beach features onsite dining at Dini's Bistro and a lovely courtyard with a heated pool, adults and children's spas, and BBQ grills. 10:30 am- Brett Kelts and his companion were SUP in 15 feet of water and saw a 5-foot great white shark jump one foot out of the water. We shall see! Tamarack is also a very popular surfing location. Here is a video that I found that showcases what to expect on a Guadalupe Island shark cage diving adventure. But, as you can see from the sighting reports above, many breaching sharks were juveniles. This popular attraction is only 3-miles away from the resort. Rent my timeshare 7 rentals from $129/night With Booking Protection More Filters Sort by: I will have to dig deeper with more research, but the lack of evidence I have seen so far does not give credence to this claim. The incidents happened Monday near 75th. He then noticed another shark swimming diagonally toward the front of his board about 5 feet away, moving slowly about 3 to 4 feet below the surface. Start your free trial to. Carlsbad village is only 1.4 miles away and if you like walking, it's quite a lovely walk along the coast. Two female biologists on the beach speculated that the Common dolphin could have died after getting tangled up in fishing gear and was bitten by a scavenger shark. He estimated the length between the dorsal fin and tail to have been 7 feet long. A small wave was breaking in front of him when suddenly, a 24-inch dorsal fin appeared. It was suggested that she was shot in the head. At MyResortNetwork.com, you can get a timeshare rental with NO fee to us. coastline. 7:15- 7:30 pm- Rudy Fontes surfed 100 yards offshore in the lineup in 8 to 10 feet of water. What makes San Diego so unique? Safety officials warned people to "steer clear" of the water between Keawakapu Beach and White Rock Beach in Maui after several sharks, including a 10-foot-long tiger shark, were reported in the area. After he shook his leg, the shark came off. Ocean Beach is another popular surfing and party beach. Leave the water immediately if you see fish jumping out of the water! Once back onshore, another surfer told him three sharks were in the water, and the one he saw was the biggest. Fished cut bait for a mixed bag of lagoon species. He then stated that the shark breached again, right next to some birds. Popular Hotel Amenities and Features 7:00 am- Brad Boothe and his companion surfed 50 yards offshore in 10 to 15 feet of water. To put it into perspective, you have a higher chance of being killed by an asteroid (1 in 1.9 million) or drowning in your bathtub (1 in 840,000). fishing, unmanned aerial vehicle, shark, fish | 264 views, 11 likes, 0 loves, 2 comments, 0 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Swellpro: Drone Fishing Master of the week! I found a few companies that offer shark tours. Scott had just caught a wave and paddled back out when he felt something brush against his calf. Today's 186,000+ jobs in le-de-France, France. Did you happen to notice that many people reported seeing great white sharks breaching entirely out of the water? Great white sharks use breaching as a hunting tactic used to ambush prey from underneath. Suddenly a 6-foot great white shark jumped out of the water, wholly airborne and about 5 feet from the surface. This is definitely one of the best beaches in Carlsbad to visit with some nearby takeout or just to stroll along after your day in the village. It is quite a trek to get here, but so worth the effort. The trick is being able to spot them. April 25, 2008- Dr. David Martin was swimming near, 2:30 pm-Daniel Sindell, his father John, and friend Biran Pompa were surfing and bodyboarding 75 yards from shore. While on the other hand, surfers have a greater chance of meeting a shark when the waves are larger, as the shark will stay well out of the surf zone. While researching to keep up with the relevant sightings, I found this article from the, Around noon, a swimmer reported to a lifeguard that they had seen a great white shark swimming around at. Prices start at $93 per night, and condos . A restroom and a few rinse-off spigots are located near the parking area. 10:00 am- Drew Senner was surfing and heading NW parallel to the beach, and something rough hit him on the leg. Twenty minutes later, something breached out of the water. I will start at Trestles and finish over at Bluffs Beach, located underneath the San Onofre Bluff Campground. The video shot by Kelly Bailey shows the sharks fin poking out near the shoreline as it became stuck on the line, at which point a shirtless man grabs the line and pulls the shark onto the beach. Hopefully, I will have a bunch of shark sightings to write about! Later, while back onshore, they watch the sharks dorsal fin in the water for more than 15 minutes. This beach hotel is 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from Buena Vista Audubon Society & Nature Center and 3.4 mi (5.6 km) from Carlsbad Lagoon. When you think of it this way, the odds of ever being attacked by a shark are very, very, very low. The grassy stretch is just perfect for doggy land. 11:30 am- 12 pm- Chris Parlis and his brother-in-law surfed and noticed the water boiling next to his brother-in-law, who was paddling back out after catching a wave. When in college, I had a few friends that lived down here and claimed that the city rumor of Ocean Beach Pier is that there is a resident female great white that is regularly seen here by the locals. The man, who has not been identified, is seen holding the thrashing shark by its caudal fin until another man cuts the line. Touring The Living Coast Discovery Center. Brenda Sue Morris walked out on Folly Beach from her home this week looking for shark's teeth. pic.twitter.com/2YQArpvXwq. can you fry chicken with seafood breader. Each time he was paddling south to a surf break at the south end of SONGS. 1:45 pm- Ted Torey, a lifeguard at Oceanside Surf Camp, noticed a 10 to 12-foot shark in 15 to 25 feet of water. 2:00 pm- John Gugliotta was fishing from his kayak, 1/4 miles north of the San Onofre Power Plant. The video shows several people gathered around the area to watch the shark be freed, including two people and a young child just as it was being reeled into shore. Jim Serpa reported a 5-foot juvenile female great white shark washing ashore at San Onofre Surf Beach. The shark was estimated to be about 10 feet long. Long Stays. (Why sharks have moved to San Diego | San Diego Reader). Bailey said she started filming hoping to see a big fish so I just kept it going.. when I heard it. Tamarack Beach Resort Timeshare Rentals | RedWeek Destinations United States California Carlsbad Tamarack Beach Resort Timeshare Rentals Tamarack Beach Resort Timeshare rentals Back to resort Own a timeshare here? Just south of Middles is Church surf break, right in front of the San Onofre Beach- Camp Pendleton. This is definitely an active city. They both noticed that there was a lot of baitfish in the water. What is the Difference Between Coastal and Pelagic Sharks? I was walking over towards the Jetty where my son and his cousins were exploring and I noticed a fishing line pulling from far out in the water, she said. He then was able to haul the shark back into the water to send it on its way. Facebook. She didn't expect to find them still gnashing. 9:30 am- Zach Ross reported that a friend was surfing between Trail #1 and Old Mans and saw a triangular dorsal fin. Below is a list of vacation resorts available for rent at Tamarack Beach Resort in Carlsbad, California. From what I see, San Onofre, by far, has the most significant number of great white shark sightings in all of San Diego County. Look at each encounter and see if you can spot a trend. Tamarack Beach is a nice wide sandy beach all the way to Frazee Beach. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated. Oceanside Harbor Cruises- Get on the Water! Nobody appeared to be hurt in the incident and the shark swam off. A Couple of Rare San Diego Shark Encounter Videos, Great White Shark Surprises Solitary Surfer, Many Large Sevengill Sharks Seen in La Jolla Cove, Hammerhead Shark Sighting off the coast of La Jolla, Shark Tips Before You Enter the Water Next Time. Initially, he thought he must have hit some kelp. 10 am- Diane Wenzel and several companions were SUP past the surf lineup in 4 to 6 feet of water. *, Data found will be sent to your email address and allow you to put in an additional request to have the data anonymized. You will find a coffee machine in the room. For some rest and relaxation, visit the hot tub. Tamarack Surf Beach is closely located to Carlsbad Village - the heart of the Carlsbad community. Thank you for your work on this site. Once back onshore, there was evidence of the attack. 5:45 pm- Bill McMillen was surfing with two friends and witnessed an 8-foot great white shark breach entirely out of the water 250 feet south of their location. He recalls that the Lifeguard truck was moving down the beach every 200 yards, telling everyone about a shark one mile offshore and advising all to exit the water. Surf chairs are available. A Lifeguard personally reported seeing a great white shark breach 300 yards from shore at Trail #1. The only reason it was seen in the aquatic recreation zone was because it was manually brought to shore by the fisherman.. He noted that the shark did not act aggressively but seemed very calm. Day was surfing near a little reef near, For the past five days, sharks have been seen off the coast of Del Mar near. (Common dolphins are found further offshore than pacific bottlenose dolphins.). 9:00 am- A Border Patrol helicopter witnessed a 7-foot great white shark swimming in the shallow water adjacent to the shoreline about one mile north of Imperial Beach at, Two 4-5 foot juvenile great white sharks were reported to have been seen off the, 11:00 pm- Jordan Springer and Chris Campbell surfed near, The following account was given to Marcus at, 6:00-7:00 pm- Jeremy Brower ran on the beach 3/4 mile south of, Thadeau Martins was jogging South Imperial Beach near the. 10:30 am -Jon Bunnell and two companions were diving/spearfishing 12 miles due South of San Diego Bay near the shipwreck, Fourteen miles off the coast of Mission Bay. Shark Sightings at San Onofre State Beach, The Enormous Amount of Shark Sightings at San Onofre Surf Beach, Shark Encounters In Front of the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS), Shark Sightings at Bluffs Beach- San Onofre State Beach, >New 2021 Great White Shark Information<, Sunset Cliffs/ Point Loma Shark Encounters. An ideal place to visit if you are travelling with family and kids, this place will offer unlimited entertainment and fun. Benthic Sharks Compared to Pelagic Sharks. While waiting for a wave, they noticed that 30 to 40 yards away, a 6-foot great white shark fully breached straight up, revealing its white underbelly. 7:00 am- Dr. David Martin, a retired veterinarian, was swimming north with eight San Diego Triathlon Club companions about 100- 150 yards from shore at, 2:30 pm- Steve Simpson and his girlfriend surfed south of, Jenny Beyler found a seal carcass on the beach near, 8:30 am- Micheal J. But who knows? Me, my Shark, and I from Chuck Patterson on Vimeo. HALF MOON BAY, Calif . We draw upon our 15 years of experience leading community change and advancing practice to support municipalities, funders, non-profits, and community leaders through on-demand coaching and consulting, in-person and digital training, and publications that guide change efforts. Next time I come here, I plan on sitting up above these bluffs and being on the lookout for great white sharks breaching. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. On an almost daily basis I went to a small beach called, Garbage. Depending the time of year I would end up leaving to go home about 4 to 5 PM. He also noted having seen five dead seals in the same location this past year. 11:30 am- Eric Tremaine was on his SUP 50 to 100 yards offshore in 10 to 15 feet of water. A shark fully breached out of the water 30 yards away from him. 2:00 pm- Lifeguard Supervisor Jim Serpa said a 6-foot shark breached 200 yards offshore at Trail #1.