He also contributes to the Evil Examined Podcast where he explores the most strange and horrifying events in the history of humanity with his lady and friends. However one scene in particular almost stopped me from finishing it without spoiling really anything, imo nothing that came after compared to the unspeakable brutality done via dumbbell. TL:DR; I've started back reading and due to my enjoyment of Bazterrica's writing in "Tender is the Flesh", it was suggested to me to read "The Slob" by Aron Beauregard. But I see now why people said its the most disgusting book theyve ever read. [CDATA[ Thanks! Having said that, I must admit I was surprised how good the writing is, and if you can stand the horrific descriptions, there is a story somewhere in there. It started off okay. His protagonist is a female vacuum saleswoman who throughout only seems to care only about her attractiveness to her husband (after being horrifically violated she returns to her partner only to reveal her biggest concern just a few weeks later her intimacy issues: Ever since I was repeatedly raped and assaulted by The Slob, I could never find my mood again.I wonder why the fuck not.). It was brutal, nauseating and exceptionally well written. Needless to say, his parents were not thrilled by this tale and rather than acknowledging his creative genius suspected he might be a budding serial killer. The Slob is a vile villain, the vilest of any I have ever experienced since reading horror over the past 40 odd years. The vile, repulsiveness contained in a mere 128 pages is staggering. https://www.amazon.com/Slob-Aron-Beauregard-ebook/dp/B08NT3DXSC/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=slob+by+aaron&qid=1624494013&s=books&sr=1-1, Horror Bookworm Spotlights JohnBaltisberger, American Cannibal edited by RebeccaRowland, Zombie Cheerleaders On LSD by PeterCaffrey, Tales To Make You Vomit: Savage Headhunters by J. ManfredWeichsel, Ooze: Little Bursts Of Body Horror edited by Ruth AnnaEvans, The Insatiable Hunger Of Trees by SamanthaEaton, We All Fall Before The Harvest by C.M. Extreme violence towards women and gay men. Since most of what was happening was absurd and some situations were nearly comical because they could never occur, this wasn't even remotely frightening. It is so good and if you want to be disturbed while secretly loving it, check it out. I will never get those images out of my head. Many thanks to the author for letting me share these quotes and images from the book! It's when the book hits its 45-50% marker that things get nasty. This is probably the most disturbing novella Ive read in a long time. //=0){return}if("ue_https" in e){f=e.ue_https}else{f=e.location&&e.location.protocol=="https:"?1:0}i=f? The entire plot is her entering the house of The Slob, and then being tortured, brutalised, humiliated, and sexually assaulted in the most horrific ways. Warning: This book contains graphic content. g = p.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; Click here to purchase your copy of THE SLOB! (LogOut/ Midnight Widows: issues 1 and 2 available now. For any of you who feels the violence and depravity is the most important part of the story, you need to read this book to learn about character development - because when the reader cares for the protagonist, they can FEEL the bad things happening. Brutal to the core, The Slob will test even the most ardent lover of extreme horrors stamina and tolerance. I finished a few shorter stories that Ive been working on and had another arm-wrestling practice. googletag.cmd.push(function() { Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("resource", "author_19170844"); It is clear that the author writes only for the personal pleasure of extreme, revolting horror. All is going well until she arrives at the steps of a house that will change her forever. Audiobook. Surrounded by little more than the corpses of her captors other victims, Vera must become a final girl reincarnation of MacGuyver to survive, utilising the gruesome implements at her disposal to escape from The Slob. A typecast not to be ignored, when clearly the author seeks to obliterate any 'feminine' qualities. Her obsession with cleanliness sprouts the concept that her skills can be put to use in a unique way. "Application": "GoodreadsMonolith", The reviews I saw had people saying it made them throw up and I thought, theres just no way.. I wish I had come across this review before reading. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations. Maybe Dr. Guyver could prescribe me something to stop the dreams. and our return cookiePair[1]; When you enter his realm, be prepared to embrace the ugly and FEEL THE SPLATTER! This book is a work of FICTION, its not reality, please dont confuse the two. Yes its extreme, but it's also well written and had me reading well into the late hours of the night to finish it, even though I had to be up early for work in the morning. //