Security for the 3,000 bunkers at NAD was provided by the U.S. Marine Corps. It was built by base employees, four holes at first, and then two at a time until the ninth hole was completed 30 years ago. I know he lovedloves me. There would have to be a route from the Pacific Ocean to Hawthorne. 3150 N 1100 19'48" W, saucer base below, intelligence training above, mind-control incl. ' The club house is a favorite meeting place for local decision-makers. John also spoke of a vast underground train and tunnel system used by the Military. U.S. Department of Energy. If a submarine where to make 33 knots the trip would take about five and a half hours. (1969 dollars) throughout 1990. Closed United States Navy submarine bases: Whitehead torpedo loading into USS Adder A-2, USS Plunger moored beside the USS Shark in 1902, Portsmouth Naval Shipyard with L-8 in 1917, the first submarine built by an US Navy shipyard, USS Holland (AS-3) tending submarines at Fremantle submarine base, Australia, on 5 March 1942, Naval Submarine Base Bangor with tug Mishawaka (rear left) and three other Natick-class tugs guiding the USSOhio(SSGN-726) out of dry dock at Delta Pier. USS Nevada (SSBN-733) is a United States Navy Ohio -class ballistic missile submarine that has been in commission since 1986. All in all, she was the most advanced international submarine in the world at the time of her disappearance and would have been an ideal choice for a top-secret mission such as the exploration of the caverns mentioned by John Williams source. operating a nuclear subterrenes. We will merely state that it involves a scenario similar to that which was portrayed in a James Bond movie, and which concerned underground caverns, silicon valley, nuclear weapons, and the San Andreas fault Branton). Structures within the sea floor can easily be made large and comfortable enough to permit the quartering of crews and their families for extended periods of time, he wrote, and can be made large enough to serve as supply and repair depots for large submersibles.. reply posted on 2-9-2007 @ 10:59 PM by MountainStar simultaneously forming an initial tunnel wall support by More. He told me that the techs that worked in the tubes were called tubemoles. The town of Hawthorne, Nevada harbors a big 18-mile x 8-mile lake called Walker Lake. Point Sur is 600 feet of tough rock facing Pacific rollers that come 6,000 miles to pound the central California coast. The best known of these tunnels are two which protect the strategic submarine force. I didnt know they were Navy, though now you mention it, it makes sense. military installations and all information is highly restricted. This report has a number of interesting close to those for TBMs, if operating conditions for TBMs are Anybody doing pre-deployment training for Afghanistan should be coming to China Lake, he said. Whether or not nuclear subterrene tunneling machines have been used, These mines span an area of approximately 75 square miles and presently employ some 4,100 men in the undersea workings., Among the benefits of Rock-Site, Austin noted its immunity to weather and currents, its shirt-sleeve environment and its (very) controlled access. Several books have been written commissioned such a lengthy and detailed analysis of the cost of 35 20 118 40 35. pumping an equivalent amount of WATER into the ground to the amount of oil and water taken out, in order to keep the city AFLOAT!. National Lab is itself the subject of considerable rumors about It was established in 1941. If we take a set of dividers and place one end at Hawthorne Nevada and place the other end at the closest portion of the Pacific Ocean we would find that it is in Monterey Bay, just south of San Francisco. The aircraftwas ordered to beshot down. Navy Sets Up New Facility For Tunnel-Warfare Training : http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/issues/2002/Nov/Navy_Sets_Up.htm. Below is a chart on which I have drawn two lines representing these channels between Monterey Bay and Hawthorne. However, some knowledgeable person could probably deduce his (or her) overall map from the voluminous seismographical data sent. More Cave and Tunnel Entrances of the Americas, The Secrets of the Mojave: Or, The Conspiracy Against Reality, 2015: According to the Macuxi Indians of the Amazon: Theres An Entire World Inside Our Planet, 1992: Underground Bases in Southern California. underground military base at Dulce, which is probably the deepest She responded vehemently in the negative. A WELL-KNOWN U.S. nuclear submarine lost its way in these passages and disappeared forever. trucks, etc. Ft. diameter or more. Facilities include 178 Buildings and 2,427 Igloos. Its a big desert with many possibilities. A short time later Steve Fossettturns up missing. The Transamerican Underground Subshuttle System (T.A.U.S.S.) Its always like this out here. I thought he was going to add, in heaven. I do not know if these stories are true. In May 2005, the facility was included on the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure list, with closure being recommended. As late as the 1960s, Navy technicians and their families at Point . Secret Submarine Base in the Desert Area S4 3.84K subscribers Subscribe 1.3K views 3 years ago There is a secret submarine base hiding in plain sight out in the Nevada desert as you'll hear. More thought-provoking images of tunnel boring equipment: The depot covers 147,000 acres (595 km), and has 600,000 square feet (55,700 m) of floor space in 2,427 storage bunkers. the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission. The Yulin base, on the southern end of Hainan Island almost 300 miles (470 kilometers) southwest of Hong Kong, is one of China's key facilities to protect its naval assets. Driving on interstate 40 I cant help but wonder how many undiscovered holes there are in the desert. Consider a physically secure data center, with free cooling, in an industrial park beneath the sea . USS. provide, when solidified, a continuous liner; and fragmenting [6], The ship USS Wyoming (BM-10) built in 1902 was used as the first submarine tender. A big enough lake and possible under water entrance into a lab area. The tunnels are so spread out that the job takes a full day. I In May 2005, the facility was included on the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure list, with closure being recommended. Construction began on Hawthorne NAD in July 1928, and NAD received its first shipment of high explosives on October 19, 1930. In 1928 directed the establishment of a Board of Officers to provide oversight of the storage conditions of explosives. For three and half years the two submarines operated out of Mare Island Naval Shipyard in San Francisco Bay for training and testing. Maybe one that goes to Las Vegas? The demand for submarine bases during World War 2 was so great that many specially built submarine tenders were built. In 1977, that number had been reduced to 117; 1981: A UFO Base Beneath The Sierra Bermeja Range In S.W. Comparing the cost of using NSTMs to Over the past 20 years I have heard stories of a huge U.S. Navy submarine base under the desert in Hawthorne Nevada. By applying well-understood principles employed for decades by the mining industry, Austin proposed that large bases could be constructed and operated anywhere suitable bedrock occurred in the ocean, at any depth. In 1913 the F-class submarines were stationed at San Pedro, California and Naval Base San Diego. Floor Space. Well after Zorgon and me found that plasma nuclear reactor at Aristarchus on the moon Ill believe anything. There really wereand aresome strange ideas deep down in the sea. *************** Why would we want a submarine base in Nevada ? History: In 1977, NAD was transferred to the Army, and renamed the Hawthorne Army Ammunition Plant (HWAAP). The depot began its existence as the Hawthorne Naval Ammunition Depot (NAD). Lake Tahoe is 6200 ft. above mean sea level. the cost of mechanical TBMs, A.A. Mathews determined: Savings of 12 percent for the 4.73 I love my husband very much. The USS Beaver was the first specially built submarine tender, completed in 1918. On 16 October 1900, the USS Holland departed for her first port, United States Naval Academy at Annapolis, Maryland for crew training. 150 feet? Such a (vitreous) lining eliminates, in most cases, the thermal melting a boundary kerf into the tunnel face and forming A submarine base is a military base that shelters submarines and their personnel.. Located in Balaklava, in the Crimean Peninsula, lies a former top-secret military base. on Navy Submarine Base Under the Nevada Desert ? of United States Air Force tunnel boring machine at Little Skull Some of these responses appear to be knowledgeable sources. this way the nuclear subterrene slices through the rock like a Did the Navy ever actually pursue the Rock-Site concept at Point Sur or elsewhere? Do these tunnels connect to the NIDS Ranch in the Uinta Basin in NE Utah and to Dulce New Mexico? The Hawthorne Army Depot is a huge ammunition storage site located near the town of Hawthorne in western Nevada in the United States. Many other types of TBMs are used by many government agencies, Established in 1978, the base is home to submarine group 10, submarine squadrons 16 and 20, trident training facility. Theres very little hype in Austins report; the bulk of it is taken up with documentation of tunneling methods and mining operations conducted under the sea floor. Hawthorne is on the main Las Vegas-Reno highway and serves as Nevadas gateway to Yosemite and the eastern Sierra via the Pole Line Road (Nevada 359) connecting with US 395 and the Tioga Pass. Research and Development Administration just 21 days later, on 27 Los Alamos National Laboratory, in New Mexico. Further, all but one of reply posted on 2-9-2007 @ 10:59 PM by MountainStar, Melting Antarctica Ice Reveals UFO Underwater Base. Perhaps some of my readers have heard the same rumors that I have Babbitt. Former employees of said facilities have surfaced over the years This means tunnels of 40 ft. or more in diameter. planning for an actual covert tunneling project that was Nuclear subterrenes work by melting their way through the rock and the tunnel face. [1] If a submarine where to make 33 knots the trip would take about five and a half hours. produce and extend cracks in solid rock radially around the bore One of the monuments is an underground, formerly classified submarine base that was operational until 1993. tunnel system. Growth since has been slow, and today the ammunition depot plays a diminishing role in Hawthornes economy, although its bunkers still pimple the desert as they have for more than 75 years. She waved me to turn around and jotted down my car license number. Lake tahoe is 1600 feet deep and it would be interesting if anySEA SALTcould be detected in the water.. melted rock both as a lining for the hole and as a dispersal in I sure there are many cavities dotting the desert floor, possibly leading to one another in a vast. creating a huge underground installation. After a nationwide search, Hawthorne was the choice, the Yucca Mountain of its time. Austin of the China Lake Naval Ordnance Test Station proposed the Rock-Site concept: manned undersea installations excavated into the rock of the seafloor. Per John Lear: the Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Hawthorne Nevada access the West Coast using underground elevators and train. If so, then sry, 1982/83. She then advised me that she should call the. The underground. No, its not a matter of just not being able to believe it, to accept reality; I just cant get over the conviction that hes still alive somewhere. In the United States there's at least, by conservative estimates, a quarter of a trillion to a half a trillion of illegal drugs just sold in the United States that goes directly into underground budgets, and 90-95% goes to the DUMBs [Deep Underground Military Bases]. The base is now a museum and Tarariyev, its director. By January 1911 the Navy had 20 submarines built: Seven A-class submarine, Three B-class submarine, five C-class submarine, three D-class submarine, and two E-class submarines. The distance is roughly about 212 statute miles. cost effective to use NSTMs than mechanical TBMs? Copyright 2023 Center for the National Interest All Rights Reserved. If the rumors are true, machines Another patent three years later was for: A tunneling machine for producing NUWC stands for Naval Under Water Command on the map. The submarine tender refueled and resupplied the submarines. See also [ edit] Wikimedia Commons has media related to Naval Museum Balaklava. The cooled lithium then Babbitt. Many underground chambers are as large as 50, x 100 '. A picture. Beginning in September 1930 and during World War II, 600 Marines were assigned to the facility. I have no reason to doubt the man. May 1975 for a machine remarkably similar to the machine patented on conditions such as soft, wet, bouldery ground or very hard rock, the NSTMs are far more effective. Facilities include 178 Buildings and 2,427 Igloos. A huge underground facility where the exchange of technology takes place. Or did it? February 27, 2023 equitable estoppel california No Comments . (SSBN-733) USS Nevada (SSBN-733) off the United States East Coast on her commissioning day, 16 August 1986. The heat is supplied by a compact nuclear reactor that circulates More Cave and Tunnel Entrances of the Americas, The Secrets of the Mojave: Or, The Conspiracy Against Reality, http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/hawthorne.htm, http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1479/flyingmranchatsauy1.png, http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread300230/pg1, 2015: According to the Macuxi Indians of the Amazon: Theres An Entire World Inside Our Planet, 1992: Underground Bases in Southern California. Today, the story may be different. However, the depot was subsequently dropped from the BRAC list, and thus will continue to operate. And it evokes a mystery one involving secret underground naval bases, high-tech submarines and Cold War nuclear brinkmanship. A top-secret, abandoned Soviet submarine base that was hidden from the public for decades is now a museum. It is approximately two hours southeast of Reno on US Highway 95. You certainly dont see any obvious Navy transports above ground like you see Air Force Transports. Bases The Underground War FULL UPDATE. The main base for the Northern Fleet is located in Sverdimirsk, Russia. It is approximately two hours southeast of Reno on US Highway 95. Williams explains that not all of the areas in question are actually resting or floating on the ocean, however there are allegedly many subterranean cavities below the western U.S., and they are not limited to California, and many of them consist of very large water-filled aqua-systems. It sank up to 26 feet and dikes had to be built to keep out the water. http://www.americansouthwest.net/california/death_valley/ubehebe_crater.html, More Cave and Tunnel Entrances of the America's. Maybe those lost subs found passage to the inner earth and decided to stay there rather then come back or maybe they where captured who knows but its fun to think about it. In 1915, the F-class submarines F-class submarines were stationed Naval Station Pearl Harbor, also not designated a submarine base. Other submarine tenders were built by conversions. I mentioned to her that I was just going to take a picture of the sign which was less than ten feet from the highway. As late as the 1960s, Navy technicians and their families at Point . bouldery earth by simultaneously detaching the tunnel core by Write by: . Tehachapi Canyon was finished in Sept. '95. She then advised me that she should call the Military Police to confiscate my camera. I dont consider myself a widow. building these 129 bases day and night, unceasingly, since the early In It's coming from the illegal sale of drugs. The base was said to be virtually indestructible and designed to survive a direct atomic impact. The story does sound a bit fantastic but I have no reason to doubt the man. (b) formation of both too. The USS Holland was based at Hamlet's Holland Torpedo Boat Station, open from 1899 to 1905. If its a sea how can we separate these channels? He definitely cannot be labeled as a crackpot, lunatic or publicity-seeker. materials against the excavation walls to provide, when stories of deep, secret, glass-walled tunnels excavated by laser Branton) submarine commander, who according to him, spent many years in the waters off California. He is now living quietly in retirement and asked that no details pointing to him be revealed as he does not want publicity and government attention. Busted Mugshots New Hanover County. Because they know that catastrophe is coming. And because the terrain is so rugged, he added, the trip often involves a flat tire or two. He said it was "unusual that a commercial satellite would be overhead at just the right time" on a cloudless day. at the Nevada Test Site. There are 2 routes from Monterey Bay south of. Your suggestion of underground sea passages is in line with the thinking of Dr Brooks Agnew. tunnels in the Southern California area in 1974. She responded vehemently in the negative. lining behind. The town of Hawthorne, Nevada harbors a big 18-mile x 8-mile lake called Walker Lake. Never to be found. The Gulf War brought more good times to Hawthorne, and the base now under civilian management is bulging more than ever with munitions. Impossible? The United States Atomic Energy Commission and the United States The aircraftwas ordered to beshot down. It is noteworthy in the first place that the government These two movies were filmed recently in Hawthorn NV. kerry@projectcamelot.org conventional TBMs. A 1971 study discussed various methods of sea-floor excavation, but by then most man-in-the-sea development was classified. subsequently carried out, when it was determined that it was more Using the abandoned mines at China Lake, U.S. units can learn how to operate in such environments, Manofsky said. I dont know if these are actual tunnels or whether they represent routes under the ocean to and from Hawthorne from Monterey Bay. I cant tell for sure whether or not these caverns and passageways exist or to their extents. A short time later Steve Fossettturns up missing. expensive and cumbersome problem of debris elimination and at faded away. That is why the Mega Search turned up NOTHING. Very interesting John. I was going to ask her if there were any submarines parked underground but she was Army and I figured she probably wouldnt have known. The need for US submarine bases was created with the completion of the first submarine USSHolland launched in May 1897. var sc_invisible=1; In the 1970s the Los Alamos National Lab investigated an atomic rock-drilling concept called the Nuclear Subterrene, which like Rock-Site sounds like something out of Johnny Quest, but also really happened. The nuclear subterrene (rhymes with 'submarine') was designed at the Part of the Nevada National Security site, Area 6 is used by government agencies to test unmanned aircraft with sensors. And the lake itself certainly wouldnt be big enough or deep enough to train for Undersea Warfare. Reports are: theres a large subterranean river which plunges, into an abyss. Many years ago a Navy friend of mine told me about a hidden Navy base in LAKE TAHOE I had completely forgotten about that. mechanical earth detachment means and in which the heat required Yes. Is there a possibility that the Navy does operate submarines from Monterey Bay via an underground sea which extends underneath the San Joaquin Valley, then under the Sierra Nevada mountain range to a Naval Undersea Warfare Center deep below the Nevada desert in Hawthorne Nevada? The Thresher was the LEAD SHIP or Flag ship in the worlds most advanced class of nuclear attack submarines. USS Holland had a crew of one officer, and five enlisted men. core by thermal melting a boundary kerf into the tunnel face and 2. tunnel lining (see the appropriate detail in the patent itself, as and leaves behind glass-like walls. Tunnels, Systems and Cost Analysis for a Nuclear Subterrene Tunneling Machine: A Preliminary Study. It is then circulated back along the exterior of 6. ahead of the advancing rock drill penetrator. ARE YOU READY TO LEARN ABOUT THE THINGS THAT MOVE ABOUT BELOW YOUR FEET? Sierra Nevada Mountains, CA - very deep military base 34. Tehachapi Ranch- 4 saucer bases, Tecachapi Canyon has a new underground base which was finished in Sept. '95. Hawthorne Nevada is a U.S. ArmyDepot where ammunition is made, tested and stored. Click image to see full size. _____________________________. Some of them look exactly like Afghan aqueducts.. NOT A SINGLE TRACE or clue as to the fate of the craft, or its occupants, were ever recovered: no oil slicks, radiation, floating debris, or similar signs of wreckage were ever seen. (Source: He was on Coast to Coast AM on 16 February 2007 : Hollow Earth Expedition http://www.ourhollowearth.com/VoyagetoHollowEarth.htm, ************************************** Some of them were built even earlier than that. and the other 328 pages. If nuclear subterrenes actually exist (and I do not know if they do) their ************************************Another Post from John Lear : I remember going to the Grand Canyon caverns last year and they said it ran some 20 mile to Grand Canyon the Colorado. a supporting excavation wall liner by deflecting the molten Dulce forms a lower point of a Triangle SSE from Uinta Basin and SE from Hawthorne. Maybe there is some kind of access from the surface of the desert within the area occupied by the Naval Undersea Warfare Center. It is a shame the US spends more on it's military then it does on education. Nuclear submarines have seawater distillation, so bases are not needed for fresh water needs.[11][12]. Did the A.A. Mathews study represent part of the NOTE (clarification): I believe the secret Navy Base at Lake Tahoe exists because a Navy SEAL freind of mine, who would have definately been in a position to know, told me it was there. Then..the ONI removed the evidence of the crashed aircraft. While NASA gathered ever more momentum with monthly Gemini flights and a new Mission Control, the success of Sealab II and the CONSHELF III underwater habitat led to a presidential commission on oceanography and a bigger undersea commitment. There are stories that California and Nevada sit on a shelf underneath which lies on an eastern portion of the Pacific Ocean. 3,693,731 dated Sept. 26, 1972). Recent research on hardened missile basing concepts have proven various techniques for creating submarine-sized structures in hard substrates. So. As late as the 1960s, Navy technicians and their families at. The United States Navy built permanent and temporary submarine bases around the world to maintain its fleet of submarines and serve the needs of the crews. Navy Submarine Base Under the Nevada Desert ? Annapolis being a training center was not designated a submarine base, though the USS Holland was stationed there. Mare Island, being a shipyard, also was not designated a submarine base. In 1972? ordinary English, this machine will melt a circular boundary into It is directly south of Walker Lake. If they are, however, it may be that the glass-walled tunnels are (We are deleting this section due to the possibility of undue stress and fear which may result from its disclosure. We plan on going to Devils Hole when the weather gets a little cooler. var sc_project=2343767; machines that can drill a tunnel seven miles long in one day. Would you believe Rand Corporation documents from 1972? I helped It also houses a guarded "Naval Undersea Warfare Center." This amazing lake has not one structure to support the locals enjoying a swim or some fishing, but does have some kind of base along its western edge. John Lear : I know that there was a secret NAVY base at Lake Tahoe, at least there was in 1983. Thanks john. Nuclear submarines arrive at bases for crew change, resupply and repairs. Antar you just blew my mind! Improbable? documents were written - and then the whole thing just sort of