Shoulder flanges, back yoke and bias cut pocket. By 1924 they. The label matches the type shown from the 30s and 40s. Cold water and gentle washing will help retain the fiber and preserve condition if properly followed. $17.50 + $9.65 shipping. Logo label on the front. Made in USA. Spring 2022 Tan Ombr Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool. I brought it out today and put it on and wore it and it looks just like it was brand new. Its possible that by wearing their husbands shirts, women kept the memories of their husbands, fiancs and brothers close, though many undoubtedly needed some serious work wear that was simply not available for women at the time. The two labels are pretty much mutally exclusive. In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalization, advertising, and to help our site function. Carefully inspect all photos on the listing, and if you need more photos dont be afraid to ask the seller. Typically, orders of $35 USD or more (within the same shop) qualify for free standard shipping from participating Etsy sellers. The designer was a 41-year-old woman named Berte Wiechmann who had been working at Jantzen, another sportswear company based in Portland, Oregon. You wont be sorry. Picture Information . Again, patience will be your friend here. NOS or New Old Stock Pendleton flannels are quite rare (wool needs good long-term storage conditions to prevent moth holes and stains). * Click here for more information on collecting these blankets . The modern shirts seem to be made from a thinner material. Check for either fabric-baned edges or fringed edges on the blanket. The snaps make this flannel slightly more casual, but the convenience of being able to quickly snap or unsnap your shirt is very nice! He could defiantly give anyone on this thread any advice they need. Some, but surely not all, the 49er look-alike labels (White Stag, Western Star, Chippewa Woolen Mills, Graff Californiawear, Penneys, The Prospector by Algene, Traverse Bay Woolens, Slick Shirt by Vic-Gene, The Empress, Game and Lake Original, Merrill Woolen Mills, Frisco Jac, and The Crescent). However, I have seen the white labels you may be looking at on Mens bathrobes and Womens clothing. Spring 2023 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Gold Brown Ombre. Id like to know what each shirt can n may be used for. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. According to the companys blog, During WWII, men were not the only people enjoying distinctive plaids and ombres in pure virgin wool. It turns out mine is 1930s and 1940s. If you want help deciding exactly which boots are for you, lets talk! Made of a cotton rich 80 cotton/ 20 polyester blend. Penelope's. Penelope's was one of the labels owned by the Oliver family of Hawaii. Your online source for sustainable, vintage and deadstock fabric. Take them with you to cushion furniture or windows when transporting. This is probably the most famous style. Shoulder flanges, back yoke and bias cut pocket. Fall 2022 Pendleton Products, some in stock now, some with future delivery, please check the product for scheduled delivery dates. Ineffably and timelessly cool to my eyes, the 49er is a sporty basic that Pendleton started making in 1949. Regular fit. Spring 2022 Olive Tan Plaid Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool. This tag beaver unchanged until the early 's. From until , the shirts made during this period do not have the yellow frame on the tag anymore and feature a different font style on pendleton label. Make A Curtain. Under Add your personalization, the text box will tell you what the seller needs to know. https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/pendleton/ Is it the one on this link with the white tag? Hi Pam, doing a spot of Googling it looks like Beaver State was/is a special label for pieces inspired by Native American designs. Spring 2023 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Grey Black Plaid,. If you experience difficulty viewing any material on our site, please contact us at 1-877-996-6599 or pendletoncustomerservice@penwool.com. Cookies are disabled. Ive heard more recent ones are thinner, but based on my shirts which are all different styles, different styles also feel different from each other. That said, lightly used to well-worn is what you mainly have to choose from. The company still makes wool shirts and jackets for women, but the current (2023) models drift more toward their classic mens shirt jackets. Fall 2022 Pendleton Flat Brim Cap Hat, color white black wool ombre. The wool Pendleton used in the 1920s was from the sheep local to the wool mill. In order to shop on this Web store, you must have JavaScript enabled. Pendleton wool blankets in their characteristic designs. I have two bord shirts (70-94 and 50-60 versions) to my taste the arms are on the shorter side (i role them so it does not really matter) but i am curious if someone knows if there is any design principle behind it:) especially since you called out to pay attention to the arm lenght;). Colder weather calls for warmer attire, and wool flannel shirts and denim jeans a perfect match for this time of year. The store not only has clothing, but they also carry a nice selection of Pendleton blankets and accessories. Lingerie Resource At this point in history, nearly all flannels were dull colors (typically grey or olive) as they were considered for workwear. All labels will read Warranted to be a "PENDLETON" TRADEMARK REG. Pieces made in the '80s are tagged with a separate label that states "Made in USA" with an American flag emblem, or text stating "Made in the USA" printed alongside the brand name . It surprised her to see a vintage 49er in purple and lime green plaid and asked her mother if that could possibly have been an original 49er color scheme, and her mother said yes! Without a doubt the best place to hunt for vintage Pendletons is eBay. Several odd things. Whatever the reason, women loved Pendleton shirts.. If you know of a good resource, would you mind providing a link? I have a shirt here that has no size. Thank you. They look just like the 1950s tag but with no Made in USA on them. They can be easily identified due . Do you see the pleat from the top of the shoulder into the front of the jacket? Pendletons white labels are in clothing designed for women, blue labels are in their mens clothes. . But I gave it another go on ebay. To learn more about us and why we do what we doclick here.528 Riley Ave.Ogden, Kansas, 2023 A Thrifty NotionPowered by Shopify. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. One size. Limited edition Pendleton shirts no longer current production. Once cookies are enabled please refresh the current page. Ineffably and timelessly cool to my eyes, the 49er is a sporty basic that Pendleton started making in 1949. Thanks for the info, I wish ebay sellers would read it. It has a few numbers printed on to the satin collar lining. Of all the versatile, classic pieces made by this venerable company, one particular Pendleton item, called the 49er Jacket, interests me the most. Made in the Mexico. Spring 2023 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Green Grey Ombre. Their iconic and classic patterns are still being imitated by competitors to this day. 2022 Dark Natural Solid Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt,, made of 100% vrigin wool. Perhaps that explains the amount of vintage Pendleton items I have been fortunate to find in my area. Modern Pendleton shirts are made in Viet Nam (says Costco). Label Resource Pendleton blankets have become very collectable. Chest pocket. Also cedar repels insects. It was among the companys very first articles of clothing for women. Pendleton navy blue hoodie, double sided hooded sweat shirt. I made this site because I love mens boots and want to explore the industry and the fashion with my readers. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Copper Red Ombre. Terms of Use. The 49er borrows this feature from menswear. Later in life after retiring I stumbled on the history of Pendleton. Shop VFG She was a popular speaker, described in The Capital Journal (Salem, Oregon) as, an entertaining, peppy and enthusiastic leader in fashions Shes a riot all by herself.Weichmann lived to be 101 years of age, dying in 2009. Made of a cotton rich 80 cotton/ 20 polyester blend. Looking for information about vintage Pendleton labels? VFG Member Books Through Instagram I recently came to notice a new avenue of interest. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Oxford Mix. It has a size label, but instead of the usual L, M, S, it is an actual size, 15 1/2. Regular fit. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Brown Ombr. Vintage Pendleton flannels tend to run small compared to modern US sizing. In time, the blankets were used to make bathrobes and coats. This is where Pendleton stood out in the crowd: they used their colorful wool fabrics (previously used for their trademark blankets), and quickly became a favorite among outdoorsmen and women.. I convinced myself that its discontinued and no one will give it up. Pendleton label from 1970 to 1994, with Woolmark logo on the tag. 4th line Portland Oregon when was this made? Im gifting one to someone. $17.95 + $6.75 shipping. VFG on Etsy Spring 2022 Light Blue Mix Plaid Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool. I have 3 Pendelton shirts with 1950s consistent tags. The made 'especially for you' label is a type sold to seamstresses and dressmakers. Most notable was their 49er jacket hip length, long-sleeved casual jacket with wide collar, patch pockets, and large shell buttons down the front. About I have noticed that too. Label Resource What is the double back/pocket area for? We also created 2.6 million jobs in the U.S.enough to employ the entire city of Houston, TX!   United States   |   English (US)   |   $ (USD). (Courtesy of the Vintage Fashion Guild Label Resource). You may be able to wash it out, but it may be wiser to check beforehand if there is a bad smell. Does anyone know if they used some of the old 40s tags on the shirts in the early 50s? Original Price $110.00 Fall 2022 Heston Coat with double thick 24 oz. Are the Pendleton blankets at Costco real? I was watching a YouTube video by Wranglerstar, called, Thems fighten words. The board shirts in those days didnt have the horizontal stitching on top of the pocket flaps. Our global marketplace is a vibrant community of real people connecting over special goods. What is so special about Pendleton blankets? The sizing info was often indicated on a small white tag below the blue label (though they usually fall off). Fur & Exotics Resource Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. Regular fit. This was the final label used for American-made Pendletons. Pendleton label from 1970 to 1994, with Woolmark logo on the tag. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. You can get small cedar pieces in most big box stores. Do you reccomend anyone for placing a value on some vintage flannels? If it was actually made in Pendleton it may be from before the 90s. The variety is wonderful. This time though it was wool shirts that caught my eye, and not new ones either. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Oxford Tan Blue Ombre. Are old wool blankets worth anything? You can be specific with your search terms and be likely to narrow down what youre looking for (usually at a higher price). TRADING BLANKETS These Pendleton blankets were used as basic wearing apparel and as a standard of value for trading and credit among Native Americans. Because of this I would recommend sizing up from your normal size. vintage knitted wool blanket, soft and cozy stripes in brown and orange Learn how your comment data is processed. Note the Woolmark symbol in the lower left corner. Sponsored. Spring 2022 Pendleton Flat Brim Cap Hat, color tan ombre.. Snap back. Keep a wool blanket at the foot of the bed for cccold nights. Keep a wool blanket on the couch. That why our grandparents all had cedar chests for storing woolens. One size. In 2020 alone, purchases on Etsy generated nearly $4 billion in income for small businesses. By the mid 2000s Pendleton saw a drop in quality. The Pendleton Woolen Mills company has roots going as far back as the 1860s, with Thomas Lister Kay opening his own mill (the Thomas Kay Woolen Mill) in Salem, Oregon. So if your in search for an awesome Pendleton. Moths and carpet beetles love this wool, so it is important to keep it clean. The blankets also became prized for ceremonial use. VFG on Ruby Lane, The Time Line Regular fit. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. The Pendleton Woolen Mill of Oregon opened in 1909, producing Indian blankets. One size. These blankets are great finds, incredible value for money, and with a little care, are durable and useful. This is a beautiful, slightly courser 100% virgin wool fabric. Regular fit. Probably the spell checkers fault. Red Wing Iron Ranger Vs. Wolverine 1000 Mile, Interview With Sagara, Indonesias Best Known Bootmaker, The Ultimate Guide to How Boots Should Fit (5 Areas to Look At), The Complete Guide to Chromexcel | Pros and Cons, How to Clean and Condition, Goodyear Welt Vs. Blake Stitch Vs. Cement. Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by RustySpurVintage, Nov 8, 2013. . By 1924 they started making the famous Pendleton mans wool shirt and by 1929 they were producing a full line of menswear. One size. They sold the fabric as well as the blankets and finished clothing. I have picked up some pendleton pants at a thirift store. This is with Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Blue Grey Mix Ombre. One size. PORTLAND,OREGON, Next to it is a tiny size tag (also blue on white) Why Join Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Grey Mix Green Blue Plaid. Looking for information about vintagePendleton labels? Were told that adulthood starts at 18 or 21, but the older we get the more we realize that isnt true. 1968 Throwback Collectioion all virgin wool flannel regular fit Pendleton Board Shirt, color grey mix green blue plaid . And smell lingers. Air Drying will provide the best results. I have held this up to the light and do not see any holes. FYI I believe the style name TRIAL you used for the shirt style listed above should be TRAIL. I have some Trail Shirts and all the new ones have a label in them that says Trail. This is especially true if the material is running threadbare. Some, but surely not all, of the 49er look-alike labels (White Stag, Western Star, Chippewa Woolen Mills, Graff Californiawear, Penneys, The Prospector by Algene, Traverse Bay Woolens, Slick Shirt by Vic-Gene, The Empress, Game and Lake Original, Merrill Woolen Mills, Frisco Jac, and The Crescent). Made in The USA by Pendleton Woolen Mills. I have what looks to be a much older shirt that has a black Pendleton label with no size. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Brown Blue Gold Multi. Read more. I get plenty of requests for specific favorite plaids, but almost every one I find differs from every other one Ive found. Maybe anyone knows something about it maybe not. Dry cleaning removes the washable finish, and the shirt will shrink. When vintage Pendleton runs between $20 and $50 a shirt, the price of vintage becomes especially attractive compared to the modern-day equivalents, which run for nearly $160 on Pendletons website plus, unlike the vintage ones, modern Pendletons are not sewn in the US. VFG on Etsy Spring 2022 Green Bronze Ombr Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt,, made of 100% vrigin wool. I was looking up information on a label on a jacket I have. Regular fit. So glad I found this. Logo label on the front. Once JavaScript is enabled please refresh the current page. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. Regular fit. However they look like a cross between the 1940s and 1950s tags you displayed above. These blankets are not just worn or used for warmth. Thank you so much for putting this together! It is often very difficult to tell the exact era of a Pendleton 49er because they have been made similarly for so long. Mainly mentioned in connection with blankets, robes and shawls though. hello everyone, maybe someone can help me know what the nomenclatures that appear below the Pendleton label from the 70s-90s mean, they are: A-036-332-LS., thanks and regards! Arguably, this style is one of the easiest to dress-up for a business-casual occasion. VFG on Ruby Lane, The Time Line A few years ago I wrote about the Pendleton 49er jacket, and this is an update. Lined collar. During World War 2 shirt manufacturing stopped and focus went into producing military uniforms and blankets for the war effort. One shirt has a small M stamped on the shirt just above the tag I assume for Medium since all three shirts are medium. Best of success in this Pendleton endeavor. Prices of blankets are based on pattern rarity and design, colors, condition and age. Pendleton woolen millls 3rd line. A label from 1994-2000s This was the final label used for American-made Pendleton's. In 2009, Pendleton began exporting their manufacturing. Any ideas of the era? I cant find any size markings. The Woolmark symbol, which shows up on Pendleton labels, was not used before 1964. VFG on eBay Greenspan's has "The widest selection of Pendleton Board Shirts in the world" according to Streetlow Magazine, and Pendleton Woolen Mills! Spring 2022 Tan Green Ombre Stripe Short Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool. Ask your dry cleaner to cover them for protection, or remove them yourself and resew them when the jacket comes home. This shirt features a button-down collar, as well as a single plain chest pocket. The designer was a 41-year-old woman named Berte Wiechmann who had been working at Jantzen, another sportswear company based in Portland, Oregon. The high quality of the wool fabric created meant that it was more wrinkle resistant than cotton, more resistant to stains, a little more elastic, and above all, insulated better than cotton. A Panoply of Plaids. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vintage Pendleton Wool Fabric Tartan Plaid MacFie? As @Costco_DoesItAgain noted on Instagram, there is a bit of a caveat, thoughthe Costco Pendleton blankets dont appear to be made of wool. Take full advantage of our site features by enabling JavaScript. Again according to Pendleton, Wiechmanns choice of buttons was a black shell beauty from Australia and Tahiti, supplied by J. Carnucci & Sons, NJ. Researching Weichmann, I came across her designing for Jantzen again in 1958. Vintage Pendleton | Clothing Label Price: $4.00 Quantity: Add to cart Description Details: This is just the Pendleton label for you to sew into your Pendleton clothing. Privacy Policy Some can be repaired, but if the damage is too great, then it may not be worth the effort. Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. Here are the tags to watch for: This label dates back to the 30s or 40s. In 1890, because other companies (including Pendleton) were making similar blankets, Hudson Bay began to label its blankets. This is just the Pendleton label for you to sew into your Pendleton clothing. Spring 2022 Light Blue Mix Plaid Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool. Email your request, and pictures of the item, to pendletoncustomerservice@penwool.com, or call 1-800-760-4844, Monday-Friday 6am-6pm PT. Stains are also important to be mindful of, especially sweat stains around the armpit area. I loved the board shirt he was sporting in red, grey and black. See which boots suit your preferences and style. I'll need to e, I sat down with Bryan Szabo (@denimstrummer) for a, A super sunny and Spring-like Saturday today meant, If you enjoyed "Ametora", have an interest in Japa, Today I had to wear a hat. Color Black. Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Peat Moss Mix. A woman once wrote to me that her mother had sewn pockets onto Pendleton 49ers until 1957. 7 Amazing Ways To Reuse Old Blankets Keep Them For Camping. VINTAGE: Keep an eye out in op shops, Gumtree, eBay etc. Spring 2022 Slate White Plaid Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, made of 100% vrigin wool. This is the panel of fabric across the upper back, designed to support the shoulder and back fabric of a shirt. September 25, 2012. For instructions on how to enable JavaScript, please see the help section of your browser. Use As Rags. Pretty sure the answer is yes. Pretty gray, black and burgundy plaid. Gain full access to this incredible resource by creating a free account. The classic is a shirt jacket with flanged shoulders, fullness gathered into the sides of the back yoke, roomy patch pockets with the plaid cut on the bias, big dark shell buttons, and long sleeves with buttoned cuffs. Although she based the details on Pendletons popular mens shirts, she chose to use large patch pockets, and those big iridescent shell buttons, to help soften the look. The Woolmark symbol, which shows up on Pendleton labels, was not used before 1964. The label is blue from the 90s and it does not have a size on it. Ben Davis Jackets, Coats, and Sweatshirts, 1968 Pendleton Throwback Collection Blue White/Black Boardshirt, 1968 Pendleton Throwback Grey Mix Green Blue Plaid Board Shirt, Dark Grey Pendleton Fall 2022 Large Patch Trucker Cap, Fall 2022 Pendleton Blue Grey Plaid Heston Coat, Fall 2022 Pendleton Board Shirt Blue Grey Mix Ombre, Fall 2022 Pendleton Board Shirt Brown Blue Gold Multi, Fall 2022 Pendleton Board Shirt Grey Oxford Ombre, Fall 2022 Pendleton Board Shirt Oxford Mix Solid, Fall 2022 Pendleton Board Shirt Oxford Tan Blue Ombre, Fall 2022 Pendleton Brown Rust Ombre Heston Coat, Fall 2022 Pendleton CPO Jacket Shirt Grey Oxford Ombre, Fall 2022 Pendleton CPO Jacket Shirt Oxford Tan Blue, Fall 2022 Pendleton Oxford Mix Heston Coat, Navy Pendleton Fall 2022 Large Patch Trucker Cap, Pendleton Acrylic Beanie Spring 2022 Teal, Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Black White Ombre Regular Length, Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Blue Black Turquoise Ombr, Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Brown Ombre, Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Brown Tan Ombre, Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Copper Red Ombre, Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Grey Green Blue Plaid, Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Ivory Mix Slate Ombre, Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Peat Moss Mix, Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Red Black Gray Plaid, Pendleton Board Shirt Fall 2022 Solid Green, Pendleton Board Shirt Spring 2023 Blue Red Ombre, Pendleton Board Shirt Spring 2023 Copper Solid, Pendleton Board Shirt Spring 2023 Gold Brown Ombre, Pendleton Board Shirt Spring 2023 Green Grey Ombre, Pendleton Board Shirt Spring 2023 Grey Black Plaid, Pendleton Board Shirt Spring 2023 Grey Brown Mix Ombre, Pendleton Board Shirt Spring 2023 Rust Block Plaid, Pendleton Board Shirt Spring 2023 Teal Plaid, Pendleton Boardshirt Fall 2022 Dark Natural, Pendleton Boardshirt Spring 2022 Blue Mix, Pendleton Boardshirt Spring 2022 Blue Mix Plaid, Pendleton Boardshirt Spring 2022 Green Bronze Ombre, Pendleton Boardshirt Spring 2022 Olive Tan Plaid, Pendleton Boardshirt Spring 2022 Slate White Plaid, Pendleton Boardshirt Spring 2022 Tan Green Ombre Stripe, Pendleton Boardshirt Spring 2022 Tan Ombre, Pendleton CPO Quilted Jacket Shirt Fall 2022 Solid Black, Pendleton Fall 2022 Flat Brim Cap Blue Grey Mix Ombre, Pendleton Fall 2022 Flat Brim Cap White Black Ombre, Pendleton Fall 2022 Logo Flat Brim Cap Navy, Pendleton Logo Double Sided Hoodie Fall 2022 Navy, Pendleton Logo Double Sided Hoodie Spring 2023 Black, Pendleton Scout Shirt Fall 2022 Green Black, Pendleton Shirt Fall 2022 Blue White Black Ombre, Pendleton Short Sleeve Board Shirt Spring 2023 Blue White Plaid, Pendleton Short Sleeve Board Shirt Spring 2023 Green Grey Ombre, Pendleton Short Sleeve Shirt Spring 2023 Grey Mix Gold Plaid, Pendleton Short Sleeve Spring 2022 Blue Mix Plaid, Pendleton Short Sleeve Spring 2022 Tan Green Ombre Stripe, Pendleton Spring 2022 Classic Snapback Cap Maroon, Pendleton Spring 2022 Flat Brim Cap Slate White Plaid, Pendleton Spring 2022 Flat Brim Cap Tan Ombre, Pendleton Spring 2022 Los Lunas Pieced Zip Coat, Pendleton Vintage Logo T Shirt Spring 2023 Black. Moths and carpet beetles love this wool, so it is important to keep it clean. Id say without a doubt vintage US-made Pendleton flannels are worth it. Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like: Without these technologies, things like personalized recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly. I have a few Pendletons. Thanks to George at Second State Vintage for images and help in assembling this guide! Wool also has the added benefit that even when tightly woven it still allowed for breathability. vintage 40s Pendleton wool striped Yellowstone park blanket bear label 51 x 78 RabiaYMiel (1,134) $97.00 Wool Pendleton Shirt Jacket Gray Red Plaid Blue Label Unisex Style Men Fashions Vintage Clothing Size 16 1/2 maudesvintageware (1,000) $64.00 Original Small Size Pendleton Blanket label 1st used in 1972 thru current AspenMountainVintage (412) Were talking vintage wool shirts, from the 1930s up to modern times, and primarily from the wool mills of Pendleton in the USA. With the styles sorted, it comes down to determining the period whenthey were made, and this can be done roughly by looking at their labels: In the 1930s and 40s the labels did not have any sizing information on them, although there is sometimes a small white label underneath the label with the size printed on. Pendleton Label ZaneKingcade (1) $700.00 Vintage Pendleton Label Wool Fabric Swatch Keychain MWKDIRECT (985) $17.99 Vintage 1980s Pendleton Label Red Wool Crop Jacket S M printvintage (230) $54.00 FREE shipping Men's Red Plaid Suit - Tartan Plaid Wool Tailored Holiday Jacket & Pant - 1980s 90s Pendleton Label - Christmas Red Forest Green - Waist 34 Regular fit. Over the years, did Pendleton change the thickness of their shirts and clothing? Regular fit. The name 49er was not only a tribute to the year it was first made, but, as a Western U.S. company, a nod to the California Gold Rush. 8. I picked it up bc I thought it was a steal and my grandfather has the exact same coat. Do you love researching much as we do? A 16 probably is about a US L size. Conclusion: Are Vintage Pendletons Worth It? Fall 2022 Long Sleeve Pendleton Board Shirt, color Black White Ombre. 6 Reasons You Can Wear Boots All Year Round, Why Filson Makes the Best Wool Jacket on Earth, A Guide to Buying Vintage Pendleton Flannel Shirts, The 7 Best Shell Cordovan Boots You Can Buy, How to Care for Thursdays Rugged & Resilient Leather, Rookie Mistakes: 5 Raw Denim Mistakes to Avoid, How to Clean, Condition, and Waterproof Your Blundstone Boots, The 10 Best Leather Sneakers for Men | Minimalist, Low Profile, Dressy Sneaks, Can Snakes Bite Through Rubber Boots? Very helpful, I can now date my newly acquired Sir Pendleton label shirt as Fireside design from between 1994 and 2009. In my opinion, there are 2 paths you can take. When looking for a quality US-made vintage Pendleton, be sure to carefully examine the tag. If imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, Pendleton should feel deeply admired by the number of companies that copied the 49er to greater and lesser degrees. We offer secondhand fabric for thoughtful makers from our warehouse store in Ogden, KS. wool. The term vintage often differs depending on the group and the item in question. Only non-chlorine bleach when needed. I have a pair of Pendleton Pants. Regular fit. Regular fit. The field shirt style also tends to have the machine washable tag most often.