When a camper shows signs of neglect inside and out, it lowers the value no matter how new the model. Ultimately, youll need to target your for sale ads to a specific audience, depending on what time of year you decide to sell. Yes but quite often it is not what you expect. By the 1950s, travel trailers were the most recognizable shape on the road and their popularity still holds strong today. The number and types of extras that are included with the vehicle can drive the value up or down. The Original Vintage Trailer and Camper Club, In my eyes there are three main online markets to find a vintage trailer: EBay, Craigslist, and Vintage Trailer Listings. Spartan travel trailers were manufactured from 1945 to 1961 by the Spartan Aircraft Company. Heres the link: Vintage RV Supply Website. This can make the price a bit higher because the seller actually knows what they have into it and what it is worth. Lets say your free valuation reveals that your RV is worth $55,000, but the outstanding balance on your RV loan is $60,000. Success! Sure, sprucing up the interior and making sure all of the mechanicals are in good working order will help improve the value somewhat, but ultimately, you need to be realistic about the value of used RVs. NOTE If the Link next to the ad doesnt go to an active page, then the ad is no longer active in the system and this is archived data. 1974 18ft Prowler. With proper care, travel trailers can survive harsh environments and provide many years of travel and exploration. Its important to know your RVs value right now. Luckily, there are other options available to help you learn the value of any particular RV. Im sure I would have been disappointed in the long run by surprises. 1972 15' Vintage Aristocrat Lo Liner Travel Trailer - $8500, 1957 "Dalton" 10 ft. Polished Travel Trailer, 1960 Shasta fully restored in 2015 the Little Eastern Flyer is 16 foot counting tongue, 1967 Nomad Vintage Camping Trailer 18' Survivor. "The whole universe interests me." Important thingd you need to think about before you buy an old travel trailer: - have you owned a camping trailer before ? Vintage Forester trailer Vintage Forester Trailer Specifications, Weights and Dimensions Forester travel trailers were built from 1958 to 1979 by Forest City Industries in Forest City, IA. Sleeps 3-4. Consignments are offered to help you fill someone's dream. 1936 Yellow Coach - Restoration Candidate, 1949 24ft Spartanette Complete Restoration Trailer single axle. Or, just to help you decide if this is the right camper for you. The Illustrated Field Guide to Vintage Trailers is a complete alphabet of trailers filled with hundreds of high-quality photos and detailed illustrations that make it a one-stop identification reference. Its important to know the value of your RV before you offer it for sale. Additional information under "Ad detail", 1950 Tahoe Trailer w/ Full Kitchen & Bathroom, Camper Conversion Utility Trailer 12 x 7 sleeps 4 non-smoker owned Pulls Great, SHASTA Compact High-Boy lifted trailer good for rougher terrain. The seemless rounded top offers better aerodynamics and protection from the rain, preventing water damage that affects many of the flat-top trailers. Welcome to My Vintage Travel Trailer. Click here to join our FREE Frugal RV Tips Facebook Group. You dont just want to make it look presentable you want to make it look great! 1: EBAY: My gut reaction to someone buying their first trailer on EBay would be DONT. You have to be quick though. Aristocrat vintage travel trailers were able to be equipped with optional metal wheels which lowered the overall height, allowing them to be stored in a garage. Located in the Colorado Foothills betweenMorrison and Conifer. You reason that you dont have $5,000 to make up the difference, so you decide to wait two years before you sell it. While there isnt a Kelley Blue Book for motorhomes or trailers, there are other methods to arrive at a fair market RV value for any camper style. And if you have questions or concerns, our team will be standing by to help you get started; we even offer one-on-one RV rental coaching! Airstream Blue Book Value Go to [www.nadaguides.com] Select = [RVS] Select = [Travel Trailers / 5th Wheels] Select Manufacturer = [ Airstream] < start here Remember that the RV season is typically during the summer, so values tend to be higher in the spring, when potential buyers have their camping vacations on their minds. I recently saw a musuem quality airstream trailer listed for $60,000. Items such as an RV-specific GPS system cost several hundred dollars. Unless you have permission to view the trailer IN PERSON before the auction ends I would not buy it. Sell your RV as soon as you are mentally and emotionally done with your RV. If you have done research about the going prices then these are also options to finding a trailer. These 10 Do. MyVintageTravelTrailer.com is a celebration of the rich vintage travel trailer culture and the "tin-can tourists" who seek out and restore these vintage RV treasures. Your email address will not be published. Where Can I Have Packages Delivered While On The Road? In two years, your RV might also need costly repairs, and youd be no closer to closing the gap between its resale value and what you owe. If youre buying a used RV, this means that you can expect to pay a lot less than you would for a new one. The answer to that is that if it sells without waiting too long or too fast, you choose the right price. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Yes, I want to receive promotional emails from RVshare. Avion travel trailers were first introduced in 1957 and are some of the highest quality trailers built. Vintage Trailer Bluebook Everyone always wants to know if they priced their trailer appropriately. Consequently, to know your RVs value, youll need assistance from experts in the used RV industry who can merge the details of your RV with the current market conditions. Among these potential buyers, you may find that late summer or early fall is an ideal time to sell your RV. Thanks, Ed, Your email address will not be published. Brand specific forums such as the Vintage Shasta Trailer Forum or Airforums.com will post trailers for sale in their special sections. In areas of the country with temperate weather, you can expect RV resale pricing to be generally higher as there is greater demand for all types of units as people can camp year-round. When you understand this tactic, you can negotiate for a higher trade-in value. Neither Kelly Blue Book, also known as KBB, nor NADA provide a price guide for trailers; TruckBlueBook.com does sell a guide for commercial trailers, as of 2015. Bee line 17' by Shasta 1968 - Michigan, Built atElkhart Ind. Join us in celebrating the vintage camper culture. An emergency RV repair kit can house all types of essential items like plumbing fittings, PEX tools, tire repair kit, hoses, belts, pressure relief valves, and more that are priceless when you need them immediately. 1954 Spartan Imperial Mansion Double-Ender 37 ft. 1961 Airstream Globetrotter 19' Vintage Vacations Restoration. So, how can you learn what your RV is worth? Such online listings can have their advantages. Read more about the best month to buy an RV here. I am interested in approximate value of my 2005 Itasca W22 8.1gas with three slide outs, very good condition, new 16ply tires, entire brake system new, all appliances work, recently inspected and only 26,000 miles. 1973 Vintage Camp Trailer: Vacationer Remodel. The inspector can report back to the potential buyer the condition of the trailer so they can bid with confidence. Perception is reality, right? Restored. They, It appears that Kelly Blue Book and NADA are affiliated. Hopefully this list can help provide some help in choosing your own vintage travel trailer. detailed report is provided, listing repairs and costs to get it the way you want it. Everyone always wants to know if they priced their trailer appropriately. When you are done enjoying your vintage trailer, Vintage-Travel-Trailer can sell it for you! (Click here for Vintage Travel Trailers on eBay.) When it comes time to sell your RV, know how much it is truly worth. Burro. But you should also keep in mind that extras add up, and that goes for both buyers and sellers alike. Trailers that have survived the hardships of time and weather are more valuable to a collector. An RVs value is determined by a wide variety of factors, from make and model to age and mileage and even the season! The deeply researched field guide uncovers elusive historical facts that make for excellent campfire conversation starters. Why there isn't a Kelley Blue Book for Trailers & Campers We're Fast! google_ad_client = "pub-0467075836103695"; That said, youll have to find a dealer whos willing to sell your make and model; some are interested only in their home brand. /* Camper Blue Book Value RV Motorhome Travel Trailer */ We have a team of professionals ready to help. This comes back to the best values for buyers are the trailers in the best condition. Just like cars, minivans, SUVs, and most other vehicles on the road, new RV values take a pretty big hit the moment theyre driven off the lot. _margin-left:1rem !important; So heres the tip of the day for establishing the Blue Book Value of a Vintage Camper or other Vintage Recreational Vehicle Hop over to VintageRVSupply.com, and check out their DVDs for everthing to do with Vintage Campers. Waiting a couple more years could significantly limit the number of potential buyers. You can use a general RV depreciation chart to help you figure out what a used camper is worth by type, assuming its in good condition. Required fields are marked *, .runr-amazon-associates-disclaimer { The experts at National Vehicle have extensive knowledge of RV sales data because they help thousands of private RV owners sell their RVs every year. The extent that travel trailer and RV values depreciate does vary based on how many miles the RV has been driven, how well its systems and interior have been taken care of, as well as what kind of rig you have in the first place. Pre-1963 Avion trailers have an aluminum skin that can be polished to a mirror finish. 3. Repairing your camper, 3. RV Mileage and Maintenance Factors Along with age comes mileage. Avions high standard for quality can also be found in its hardwood floors and dovetail cabinetry. I used to copy the URL addresses of any trailers that I was interested in and email them to myself. Here is some information to help you price your trailer. Im glad I didnt get it. The future might not be as favorable, your RV will be older, and it will continue to lose value as it ages. Little GEM. This 2022 Travel Trailer co, Did you know that the Grand Teton mountains use to, Spring break is coming up soon and we think it can, Spring break doesn't have to be crowded or expensi, If you are new to RVing, you might be overwhelmed, eliminate all signs of major damage or disrepair. Absolutely not! By the 1950's, travel trailers were the most recognizable shape on the road and their popularity still holds strong today. RVshare Respectful Community Policy Do you know of any Ontario Insurance companies that offer Agreed Value policies for motorhomes greater than 10 years old? No one is going to be able to give you a value over the internet without being able to inspect the trailer in person. For example, I bought a 30-year-old motorhome with 20,000 miles on it based on the seller having documentation of yearly servicing and any repairs made within the camper. In 1976, Coachmen bought Shasta, keeping it as a vintage-style travel trailer subsidiary. A larger company, Kenskill had made 18,000 travel trailers by 1959. Along with age comes mileage. 1959 Shasta Airflyte 16-foot easy to tow, full kitchen. Hi, I'm a publisher and editor at RV Troop. They not only provide the freedom to travel in comfort, but do so with their own unique style that has endeared themselves to people the world over. Message received. It may be called a mobilehome but unlike homes built on foundations, RVs dont appreciate in value. We can find it for you!