b. Instead, conduct feedback that gives employees an overall understanding of where they can improve and excel. 100 Performance Appraisal Comments For Your Next Performance Review, Performance Reviews and How to get them Right, How To Build An Effective Mentorship Program, Powerful Affirmations For Success At Work, 5 Actionable Performance Planning Steps You Need. Leadership & Strategic Vision: Analytical Reasoning: Analyze information to establish accurate conclusion based on detail. I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous. Find out how to shape a culture that attracts, engages, 47. He is both strategic and practical in his thinking. Strategic Planning is organizational management activity that is used to set priorities, focus energy and resources, strengthen operations while guaranteeing that employees and other stakeholders are working towards common goals. I am a visionary and strategic thinker, who thinks always in terms of values. Tim was promoted to the global role a year later and was ultimately better equipped to navigate the role. The 5 Levels of Strategic Orientation. Developing your strategic thinking skills isnt enough to get you promoted. e. Your approach to problems is often rigid and conventional.. John has an ability to undertake strategic thinking and identify well with blue sky thinking. 44. ", a. The case of one of my coaching clients illustrates the steps you need to take to show off your strategic thinking skills. 2023 American Management Association. developing strategic thinking skills is important. d. You have started delivering low-quality work just to finish your work on time.". b. Focuses team on not getting bogged down in analysis paralysis. I am able to pivot my priorities and come up with new ideas based on changes in a project requirement This area of strategic thinking looks at ways to use resources, staff and technology. a. The rating scale for Performance Planning and Review is made up of five factors: Poor, Needs Improvement, Meets Requirements, Exceeds Requirements, and Outstanding. Has reached the level for promotional consideration. The organizational level at which the strategic planning process is relevant depends on the unit's size, its complexity, and the differentiation of the service provide Dear visitor, if you share this strategic thinking phrases with your colleagues and friends, you will also become our favorite. You have a strong ability to listen to others and provide valuable insights framed in such a way as to be collaborative. I am unfailingly helpful, discreet, clear-thinking and strategic. I am a forward-thinking visionary with an incredible knack for strategizing. Raising the bar in terms of performance expectations isnt as hard as most employers think. I am a very effective contributor who excels at thinking strategically. I write about organizations, strategy, economics, and decision-making. In order for an employee performance appraisal to be effective, you need to have strategic objectives you would like to accomplish before starting the appraisal, according to management expert Josh Greenberg writing on the Performance Appraisals website. Constructive feedback is a delicate balance between both. Does not settle for average performance but strives for excellence. Strategy touches every employee and serves as an actionable way to reach your company's goals. It comes straight out of Wikipedia. "Your behavior towards colleagues isn't appropriate." They must arrive on time, take the designated time breaks to ensure efficiency and productivity. 5. Set goals. He is the author of a number of AMACOM and SHRM bestselling books, four of which made SHRM's prestigious "Great 8" list: 96 Great Interview Questions to Ask Before You Hire, 101 Sample Write-Ups for Documenting Employee Performance Problems, 101 Tough Conversations to Have with Employees, and 2,600 Phrases for Effective Performance Reviews. d. You cant explain the goals and objectives of a task clearly to an employee. John's unique way of strategic thinking is what sets him apart from so many others. It also bridges the gap between departments and makes everyone more productive. Vantage Circle. Self-appraisal is a significant part of your performance review, because it reflects your self-awareness and professional development. He not only thinks strategically, he fosters that kind of thinking in others. Serves as a model of cooperation, sharing, and goodwill. Delegates and assigns work in a manner consistent with departmental workflow and company policy. Tim had a good reputation for responding to business unit leads, and he worked tirelessly and effectively to keep the supply chain functioning well. Companies hire employees with a strategic mindset to help achieve long-term business goals. He is very strategic in his thinking, yet also very pragmatic when it comes to execution. All employees can assess their strengths and weaknesses, evaluate themselves and find relevant strategic thinking self-review comments that supervisors would like to see in self-appraisal form. senior leader who has the wisdom and vision to create and execute plans and make consequential decisions in the . John took us all to another level of strategic thinking. You effectively manage your team and conduct specific exercises to strengthen the team. Uncategorized. Can you describe a time when you have anticipated the future and made changes to current operations to meet future needs? Recognizes that proper delegation, communication, and the setting of priorities and goals help employees feel empowered and self-motivated. I am strategically thoughtful - thinking through the consequences before making changes. "You communicate your ideas and vision clearly so others can understand it easily and quickly." Core, Traditional Descriptors. c. "Your best quality is that when faced with a problem, you listen first, take into account everything and then try to come up with a solution." I am always willing to help strategize and has been crucial in my success. He works well with all types of clients. This made him more focused, more strategic and definitely more successful. Communication appraisal comments, if delivered correctly, can greatly improve an employee's communication skills. d. "You play favorites and are biased in your judgments." Start by acknowledging your shortcomings and explain that you want to address them. How does your current position affect the overall goals of your company? "He appreciates the efforts taken by others to achieve a target and encourages them to be better." Dont be shy about bringing your ideas to the table. 68% of employees who receive accurate and consistent feedback feel fulfilled in their jobs. Performance Review Phrases for Training Skills Part 1 Performance Review Phrases for Attitude Part 2 Performance Review Phrases for Critical Thinking Part 3 Performance Review Examples: Additional Resources Part 4 Performance evaluation comments are a way to provide feedback to employees about their work performance. I am an outcome focused individual who thinks strategically for the good of an organisation. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Time management appraisal comments can enable you to appreciate the ones who are managing effectively. He thinks strategically, but also just gets on and gets the job done. Sample Leadership Phrases for Performance Appraisals, How to Turn Painful Performance Conversations into Positive Results, The DOs and DON'Ts of Performance Reviews, A Performance Review System That Works For Everyone. 45. 2 (1979): 8-14. It doesn't take long to see that strategic thinking is his strength. Creates internal competition by forming teams tasked with identifying viable solutions to ongoing quality challenges. 70. Think about what you'd like your company to achieve in the next 5 or 10 years based on the current status of your business and create a strategic plan to achieve your goals. He is known for his objectivity, strategic thinking and organizational leadership. c. His creative skills are an asset to the team. I am the best of the best and was my strategic partner over two decades. "You need to be more assertive and decisive when giving out directions." Employee Evaluation Examples and Comments that Help to Boost Performance. 5. They apply those insights as they carry . develop long-term strategic plan for the division Educates agency officials about new system and outlines how the long-term benefits align with agency goals Conducts workshop with employees, human resources staff, and customers to build a vision, strategy, and goals for the unit Level 3 - Understanding the environment and providing answers underneath the surface of the issue. In his book Fifteen Things Common to Great Achievers, author Israelmore Ayivor shared, "A dream is the frame or portrait or a construction or focus of one's vision by means of perception, based on what he or she knows and settles within via strategic thinking." Always works to achieve the best results. c. She provides employees with the resources and training required to fulfill a responsibility. Vision . She has a knack for thinking outside the box. I am about as good as it gets when thinking strategically, driving change, and getting things done. You always come in on time, follow your schedule and adhere to your designated lunch break time. I clearly communicate my expectations and goals to my team members. There is even confusion among business and management experts. To develop your ability to learn appraisal comments, heres a comprehensive list of example phrases, comments, and constructive feedback examples as ideas and inspiration for your next performance review , performance self appraisal, 360 peer review, or just offering continuous feedback as part of employee performance and development. Try to make your goals as specific as possible. In strategic planning, leaders gather data and decide on the path the organization will take to achieve its goals. Problem-solving is the skill of defining a problem to determine its cause, identify it, prioritize and select alternative solutions to implement in solving the problems and reviving relationships., a. Punctuality is one of the strongest virtues an employee can possess. You get frustrated with new hires easily and dont coach them properly. c. You often come late to the office, causing scheduled meetings to start late. John is one of the few that has both strategic thinking and effective execution. 2. e. "He doesnt take into account other peoples opinions when making important decisions.". He's got the right blend of creativity and strategic thinking. c. He works to be the best for the team and not be the best of the team. Strives to provide open-book leadership so that team members understand the financial and operational drivers of organizational success. I am able to see strategically, where most see only tactically. I am one of those people who just "get it" in regards to thinking strategically and outside the box. He added significant value through this, but also through his strategic outside the box thinking. Simbline can help you write a self-evaluation performance review using phrases prepared for you. (Source- Clutch). Crowdsourcing: What it Means for Innovation . John thinks and operates at the farthest horizons of strategic thinking. SAMPLE PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS. As you can see, there are lots of areas to focus on when describing leadership, and while no one size will fit all companies or situations, any one of these outlined approachestaken as a whole or combined in part with otherswill help your organization reach its goal of inspiring employees to higher performance and communicating clearly the level of excellence that you demand and expect from your leaders. Strategic thinking includes careful and deliberate anticipation of threats and vulnerabilities to . Clear communication makes employees comfortable with each other, makes sharing and exchanging ideas more frequent. Knowing why you're doing what you're doing (your mission), where you're trying to go (your vision), and how you're going to go about it (your values) are the glue that holds an organization together. Mission captures at a high level what you will do to realize your vision. "He sets integrity aside when pursuing his goals." Clients usually seek your guidance and expertise. When Im helping my coaching clients learn to think more strategically, I emphasize that developing and demonstrating these skills are very different challenges. Enjoyed working with him and his strategic thinking. One of the first changes he made was to instruct his assistant to block out 30 minutes on his calendar before important meetings. John is strategic in his thinking and always comes up with new ideas. e. "He doesn't contribute effectively in his teams' activities. Sets a high standard for integrity and respect and is consistently viewed as objective and fair. Why ask strategic-thinking interview questions. "You should take up more training and development courses to enhance your skills and knowledge." Here are a few employee performance appraisal comments to stir innovation and creativity: a. ", a. Provides an appropriate amount of structure, direction, and feedback to ensure a high level of group performance. Customers love him as he thinks strategically on behalf of their needs. 16 Jun June 16, 2022. vision and strategic thinking appraisal comments. You are inconsiderate towards others opinions and ideas. I am always leaning in, strategically thinking about what was best for me companies brand. Creativity. His strategic thinking is second to none. . Tim channeled the new energy and vision he had gained into a strategic planning process that culminated in formal recommendations for the supply chain group. d. He rarely comes up with concrete solutions that will help the team complete the project. I am able to shift gears from thinking tactically to strategically. Positive self appraisal comments. This is great for becoming an effective leader, as you focus on the development of others rather than your own. Not only is he strategic, but he never settles for less than the best. He thinks win for everyone, thinks broadly, and thinks big when he works. "You always come in on time, follow your schedule and adhere to your designated lunch break time.". c. You need improvement in replying to emails promptly. b. Our company is complicated with John, his strategic thinking is off the charts. I am well versed in the online space both in strategic thinking and thorough analysis. c. She expertly prioritizes work without getting tangled in endless details. He is strategic in his thinking, his recommendations have always been in my best interests. What you need to know about being in charge. John him what you want and he'll not only make it, but create it beautiful, and strategically. Collects best practice ideas from team members in terms of getting work done more effectively and efficiently. Works hard to meet goals. John's approach to strategic challenges was equally strategic. vision and strategic thinking appraisal comments. He's always looking for new and better ways to reach prospects and thinks strategically. I am dynamic, and my thinking is both visionary and strategic. He is strategic in his thinking, but very pragmatic in his deliveries.