82. This load is close to the military round and it like the Mauser can be used on large game. 66. SWC+GC, 265 gr. 78. H-4198, Hodgdon 62. }. W-540, Winchester The 5744 is safe enough for this purpose. WSF, Winchester 2023 Cabela's L.L.C. Reloader 22, Alliant "seo_url" : "https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/accurate-smokeless-powder-20004574", IMR-4895, IMR "Attributes" : { Price was good, NICHOLAS S. Sorry, we were unable to connect with Capital One at this time. The original MP 5744---recycled military powder was really good, cleaner burning, good accuracy. You can filter the list of items shown by selecting attributes. Accurate 5744 Rifle Powder -5744 is characterized by excellent ignition and consistency over a very wide performance range. Without misfires and without hangfires and with accuracy in safe tested pressure ranges.. No dangerous airspace and no dangerous small charges of fast burning pistol and shotgun powders. Contact Us This item cannot be expedited and must ship ground. 10. WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Recoil is not nearly as stiff as a full power factory load. 73. We continue to prioritize our shipments to our traditional sales channels to maximize powder availability at retailers. Would A 5744 be appropriate for the 460 Weatherby with light bullets ie. ","catentryIDs" : "3074457345619530855,3074457345623245618,3074457345623248118,3074457345623321619"}, 2. If your application was successful, you should receive your CLUB Card in the mail within 7-10 days. Do not substitute one powder for another without checking the loading information for the powder you plan to use. Mag. PB, IMR 27. Regards Quantserve sets the mc cookie to anonymously track user behaviour on the website. Accurate 5744 is an extremely fast burning, double-base, extruded powder. Red Dot, Alliant ":"8" Accurate 5744 is Mike's all-time favorite propellant for cast bullets in all bottlenecked rifle cartridges. View photos, specs & our low price on this fantastic 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 1st Edition at INFINITI OF COOL SPRINGS. I think Accurate 5744 is a powder every reloader should have in their powder locker; it works in so many different cartridges, and you might find yourself reaching for it more often than youd think. The Krag responds well to reduced loads and with the flexibility of 5744 it is a natural in this gun. bobw. This unique powder can be used in a wide range of rifle calibers and magnum handguns. 99. If you continue as guest, you will have to wait to receive your physical card in the mail to use your Instant Credit. It does ok with 100 grain but 125 and 150 grainers really bring out the best using this powder. * AA(XMP)5744, AA 1680, AA 4100 are products of Accurate Arms Company Tightgroup, Longshot, Lil'Gun, H110, H4227 are products of Hodgdon Powders. Accurate 5744 starting at $35.49 at Natchez Shooting Supplies. cast or jacketed . The 30-06 is the most flexible rifle round and I have developed many light and cast bullet loads. Western Powders 2016 Ammunition Loading Guide (reloading can be dangerous:Reloading Disclaimer ). 71. N330, Vihtavuori https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/threads/general-forum-rules-code-of-conduct.70770/, Russian Nagant revolver in box with holster, tools, Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section, Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses, View up to date on firearm-related events. We apologize for any inconvenience. 5744 is characterized by excellent ignition and consistency over a very wide performance range. by Todd Birch Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:44 am, Post IMR-4064, IMR Steps to Spending Your $25 Instant Credit Today, Fetching Application Details from Capital One. Visit: www.bobshellsblog.blogspot.com. H-450, Hodgdon In the rifle cases, 5744 is well-suited to the .17 and .22 Hornet, .222 and .223 Remington, as well as the 7mm-08 Remington, .308 Winchester and the WSM family. The 1160 Mauser was brought out in 1871 by Germany and was their service rifle until 1888 when the 857 Commission rifle replaced it. This 11 mm short on a straight pull model 95 action may be one of a kind. Mag. It was called MP-7544 when the government used it. Most of the bolt action rifles have only one locking lug which is generally the bolt handle. AAC-2700, Accurate A friend of mine used it to shoot a 1 ton buffalo and one shot did it very effectively. Requested URL: www.brownells.com/reloading/powder/rifle-powder/accurate-5744-powders-prod39487.aspx, User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_8_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.2 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1. HS-7, Hodgdon 28. There are a handful of powders that are very flexible for many uses and the Accurate 5744 Powderis definitely one of them. N160, Vihtavuori Casses 10,3x42 mm. These representatives will help ease the extensive licensing and shipping complications associated with purchasing products from our U.S. website. It was the first of many Mauser designs and is a black powder design though smokeless loads can be used if you are cautious. Sign up to get updates and access to exclusive promotions. 11. (Chart is Courtesy of Hodgdon Powder Company) These burning rates are relative and can differ from one cartridge to another and even from bullet weight in the same cartridge. 190 gr muzzelloading bullets? IMR-4320, IMR We were unable to fetch your Capital One account information. Post DakotaDeer. Quick view Compare Out of stock. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Have you had any experience with the 460 with 500gr cast bullets with this powder. This unique powder can be used in a wide range of rifle calibers and magnum handguns. When we are sold out, we are sold out. Today I like it so much that I invested in a 8 pound container. Be Alert: Publisher cannot be responsible for errors in published load data. I had run out of 5744 and have not been able to find any. 5, Accurate Anyway, he sent me some to see for myself. lucy 04-15-1996 => 09-06-2008. I wanted to show the versatility of the powder that is why I listed a lot of calibers rather than a few with a lot of loads for each. We were unable to fetch your Capital One account information. That is one reason why I like 5744 so much. If your application was successful, you should receive your CLUB Card in the mail within 7-10 days. JSP * 2400, Alliant N-204, Norma N-200, Norma 59. Yes, inevitably, the shooter will need to become proficient with the bullet weights and velocities for which these types of cartridges were designed. 17. N321, Vihtavuori I completely agree with you on 5744 powders versatility. ","catentryIDs" : "3074457345619135643"}, Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. IMR-3031, IMR 66. If you choose not to create or sign in to an account, you can use your $25 credit when you receive your physical card in 7-10 business days. }. by bobw Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:48 pm, Post The __gads cookie, set by Google, is stored under DoubleClick domain and tracks the number of times users see an advert, measures the success of the campaign and calculates its revenue. You can use it in very large cases ( even .50BMG) without a filler. For more information, go to ","catentryIDs" : "3074457345619135643"} 64. Great product and rock solid customer service and delivery, thanks. (verified owner) March 14, 2022, William .44 Remington Magnum / .44 Magnum (Accurate XMP-5744 Handgun Data) Warning! In a modern gun ammo can be made powerful enough for deer and black bear hunting. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. 102. 103. In short, 5744 is a fast-burning, double-based, extruded powder that, when used in its normal capacity, is a perfect fuel for large-capacity handgun casesfrom the .41 Remington Magnum to the .44 Remington Magnum, .45 Colt and .454 Casull, right up through the behemoth .500 Smith & Wesson. Low bulky density and superior ignition characteristics make 5744 an excellent choice for reduced loads in many rifle calibers and large-capacity black-powder cartridges. 62. Check out with Sezzle and split your entire order into. IMR-7828, IMR It was one of the earlier bolt action rifles and being a rimfire made it somewhat odd as most military rounds were centerfire. I have also used it in the 454 Casull with top loads showing its flexibility. W-571, Winchester This cookie can only be read from the domain they are set on and will not track any data while browsing through other sites. Clean Does awesome in 45/70 pedersoli &44mag ruger superblackhawk. 12. International, Hodgdon W-748, Winchester 25. IMR-4227, IMR He sent me my first sample of it around 1981. LoadBulletVelocityComment Cases are made from 348 brass and the bullet is a heeled bullet which are available but would take some looking. 3N37, Vihtavuori You Are Now Leaving Basspro.ca & will be directed to Basspro.com. Sorry, we were unable to connect with Capital One at this time. (verified owner) July 22, 2022, Sean Low bulky density and superior ignition characteristics make 5744 an excellent choice for reduced loads in many rifle calibers and large-capacity black-powder cartridges. {"notice": "Notice--Pay Pal.
This item may not be purchased by using the Pay Pal method of payment. ","catentryIDs" : "3074457345619135643"}, 5744 is characterized by excellent ignition and consistency over a very wide performance range. H-4350, Hodgdon You must be 21 or older to purchase black powder in California. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. For me the performance has been the same. Create an account or sign in to an existing account. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. 13. It extends the usefulness of these rifles for deer and black bear hunting. Universal did well in the 315 grain cast bullet. Think about the combination of the Savage AccuFit stock (or any other system via which the length of pull can be changed to accommodate a growing hunter) and ammunition ranging from .30-30 power levels right up to full-throttle 06 stuff. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. (slowest burn rate), Copyright. Clays, Hodgdon 106. While old guns are well made weapons for their day they are not designed for todays modern high pressure loads. I have other rounds with this powder but to save space left them out. Your new CLUB Card has been saved to your wallet. This SKU table contains a list of all SKUs available for the product. (verified owner) March 19, 2022, john jones W-680, Winchester 85. {"notice": "Notice--Ammo Returns.
For safety reasons we do not accept returns on ammunition, black powder, primers, reloading lead and brass or bullets. and .300 WSM. 5744 reloading powder is characterized by excellent ignition and consistency over a very wide performance range. In the .45 Coltone of my particular favorites25.0 grains of 5744 will drive the 255-grain lead bullet (made so famous in the classic load for the Colt Single Action Army revolvers) in my Ruger Blackhawk to a muzzle velocity of 1,300 fps. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. XMP-5744, Accurate Suggested site content and search history menu. Case sensitive with a minimum of 6 characters & one numeral. Allrightsreserved. Accurate 5744 smokeless powder also boasts reduced fouling for clean-burning efficiency. This unique powder can be used in a wide range of rifle calibers and magnum handguns. This SKU table contains a list of all SKUs available for the product. Please provide this ID when contacting support via phone, email or chat. Very reasonable hazmat fee and shipping fee.Thanks, Your email address will not be published. The maxorder quantity of any powder SKU is, https://shop.hodgdon.com/sites/www/files/2022-04/2022-Accurate%205744%20SDS.pdf. If you choose not to create or sign in to an account, you can use your $25 credit when you receive your physical card in 7-10 business days. by Ken Heier Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:24 pm, Post *Image may not represent product selected. N325, Vihtavuori ","catentryIDs" : "3074457345619530855,3074457345623245618,3074457345623248118,3074457345623321619"}, 29. Never trust a man who wears both suspenders AND a belt. The 11 mm French Gras closely resembles the Mauser round though they are not interchangeable. With Accurate 5744 Powder, accuracy is outstanding and at 50 yards, they can be put into the same hole with some enlargement. 43. Note the difference with just 1 grain of powder difference. IMR-4198, IMR 61. Works in a wide spectrum of cartridges from .17 caliber all the way up to big-bore rifles. JHP 250 gr. New! 96. 40. 69. N110, Vihtavuori Your $25 Instant Credit will be automatically applied at checkout. 100. 92. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. I have observed this behavior with other guns and it is amazing on how low a charge you can use and still get a bullet to exit the muzzle. Several years ago I picked up where I left off and bought some of the new XMP 5744. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. N340, Vihtavuori Best Powder Coating in Franklin, TN 37067 - BoroTek Powder Coating - Nashville, American Armor Coatings, Mr Speed Coatings, Powder Buy the Pound, Columbia Coatings, XTREME Coatings & Restoration, Powder X Coating Systems, S & H Chrome Plating & Powder Coating, Armour Koating, Nashville Powder Coating The 45 caliber Martini Henry is an odd round closely resembling the 45-70 therefore many cast bullets can be used to an advantage. H-4227, Hodgdon 54. With exceptional ignition and consistency, it's also a preferred powder for magnum handguns ranging from the .44 Rem Mag . D. DakotaDeer OP. 21. I can tell you from experience that Accurate 5744 Powder works well in large capacity rifle cases such as the 45-120. 19. 70. Reloader 7, Alliant 64. Powder: Accurate -- 5744. 89. Overview. 5, 4350, 2230, 5744) Accurate Powder Lab tested, Accurate Reloading Powder is a staple on reloaders benches across the country. The object was to have it launched between 1050 and 1100 FPS. 97. It may be the best of all. Required fields are marked *. 25 N Main St, Springfield, TN . However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. 101. Campfire Ranger. 5744 - Currently sold as XMP-5744, this short cut, extruded double base rifle and pistol propellant is designed for use in Sharps rifle cartridges. I have tried in in the 38-55 and 45-70 with good results in both. SWC, 240 gr. The 25-grain load shot fairly well but left some unburned powder behind indicating a light load. When Keith Anderson who works in the lab at Accurate Arms told me that they were coming out with an improved version, he got my attention. Benchmark 2, Hodgdon According to the guy who founded Accurate Arms Company and whose name my memory misplaces right now, it was developed by Hercules as a possible powder for the 5.56mm. This product is currently not available online. The __qca cookie is associated with Quantcast. Maybe I will find another sweet combination This loading is fine for deer, black bear, and hogs. You can filter the list of items shown by selecting attributes. N150, Vihtavuori Get 12 Issues a year of the country's best firearms writing. {"notice": "CA WARNING.
~CA WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm. {"notice": "Notice--Washington DC.
The sale of this item is restricted in Washington DC. 5744 reloading powder is characterized by excellent ignition and consistency over a very wide performance range. When that was gone it was made offshore. XMP-5744 - Extremely fast-burning, double-base extruded powder. I have found that 5744 powder works well in those guns with light loads. Barrel length: 26 to 28. You can contact Customer Service by calling 800-300-1723. 23. N320, Vihtavuori Accuracy was great and it burned clean. DD ********* 28 gr. N310, Vihtavuori You are using an out of date browser. Please refine your selection. This unique powder can be used in a wide range of rifle calibers and magnum handguns. IMR-4227, IMR 52. 11FS Smokeless Pistol Powder, Do Not Sell Or Share My Personal Information, Use in a wide range of rifle calibers and magnum handguns. Blue Dot, Alliant double-base or single-base) and should not be used as a loading guide. The cookie is set by crwdcntrl.net to collect statistical data such as the number of visits, average time spent on site, and what pages have been loaded, for targeted advertising. Your session is about to timeout due to inactivity. Get a copy of their booklet and check this powder out. Left to right:-- 250 gr. H-4227, Hodgdon Accurate 5744 is also a great choice for straight-walled cartridges such as the .444 Marlin, .458 Winchester Magnum, .450 BushMaster and the .45-70 Government, especially with lead bullets. DakotaDeer #12375946 11/04/17. It will serve as a reduced-load powder choice in the aforementioned big-bore cartridges and is an optimum choice in those larger black-powder cartridges, such as the .45-70 Government and the .45-110 and .45-120. by MLV Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:10 am, Post HODGDON BL-C(2) 8# Product Type Smokeless Powder, Weight N/A Brand Hodgdon Powder Options HODGDON BL-C(2) 1# The 30-40 Krag Rifle was the US military rifle from 1893 to 1903 when the 30-03 replaced it. D. Joined: Jan 2005. I said the data for them was the same. The action is strong enough to use smokeless loads though caution should be used. This is just a sample of the loads that can be used with 5744 powder. 30. If something different appeals to you then this is your gun. Low bulky density and superior ignition characteristics make 5744 an excellent choice for reduced loads in many rifle calibers and in large capacity black powder cartridges such as the 45-70 through 45-120 and 50 . Spending time with your chosen rifle is priceless, and when the time comes to take it on safari or north to Alaska, youll be happy it feels so familiar. Hi-Skor 800-X, IMR ','Quantity': '1'}}]}, {}, "shoppingListJSMobile3074457345622314809"); When used with a 280-300 grain bullet, it was ideal for my Winchester 94 lever action rifle for Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS). Accurate now has reintroduced XMP-5744, a slow burning, bulky powder and is good in magnum pistol loads. Check out with Sezzle and split your entire order into 6 monthly interest-free payments. Checkout with your new Bass Pro Shops CLUB Card and earn points on your order. H-4198, Hodgdon JFP, 240 gr. H-870, Hodgdon Accurate 5744 Powder is available for sale online including from the fine folks at Brownells. 1) Continue and have the firearm(s) listed below automatically removed from your shopping cart: 2) Cancel and the item listed below will not be added to your shopping cart: 1) Continue and have the items listed below automatically removed from your shopping cart: 2) Cancel and the firearm listed below will not be added to your shopping cart: The double-base, spherical Accurate 5744 Smokeless Powder can be used in a wide range of rifle calibers and magnum handguns. MRP, Norma Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Click OK to extend your time for an additional 0 minutes. 22 grain of XMP 5744 shoots fine from my 1881 Stutzer. Contiguous 48 states only. {"notice": "Notice--Ammo Returns.
For safety reasons we do not accept returns on ammunition, black powder, primers, reloading lead and brass or bullets. You must be logged in with a CLUB card saved to purchase this item. Accurate 5744 smokeless powder is an extremely fast burning, double-base, extruded powder. I bought an 8 lb jug in the 1980's that was labeled MP 5744. WARNING:This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.