2004 Honda Accord Change Vehicle . Clutch - Torque Converter (L4) Crankshaft - Piston (L4) . In effect, this allows an . Aug 23, 2020. Transmission torque converter clutch solenoid. P0740 HONDA: Code Meaning, Causes, Symptoms, & Tech Notes ... Honda Accord Automatic Transmission Torque Converter ... Categories. P0743 Honda Code - Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical I attached a pic of what they look like. . When you are dealing with a Honda engine and transmission ECU, this unit can also be called the lock-up control solenoid assembly. Categories. Computer pulled a PO740 code -- TC clutch failure. 2004 Honda Accord Replacement Transmission Parts at CARiD.com Read more: OBDII Code P0741 HONDA - Torque Converter Clutch Hydraulic Circuit Stuck Off | Engine-Codes.com I had this code on a Acura TL and never managed to repair. . VTC Oil Control Valve (L4) - 2004 Honda Accord 4 Door EX ... AT Solenoid Valve Set (L4) AT Torque Converter Case (L4) AT Transmission Case (L4) Transmission - Manual . Easy Testing Honda Tcc Solenoid,Code Po740 (Torque ... However, there are some vehicles for which the code is more indicative of a mechanical problem with the transmission or torque converter.. Quite often, the transmission will fail to reach the higher gear repeatedly. Torque converter clutch solenoid valve (about $35) 2. Getting CEL and TC light with some shifting issues. This is standard for any Honda vehicle made on or after the 1996 model year. AT Clutch (Second) (L4) AT Countershaft (L4) AT Differential (L4) AT Idle Shaft (L4) AT Left Side Cover (L4) AT Main Valve Body (L4) AT Mainshaft (L4) AT Oil Level Gauge - ATF Pipe (L4) AT Regulator (L4) AT Secondary Shaft (L4) AT Servo Body (L4) AT Shift Fork (L4) AT Solenoid (L4) AT Solenoid Valve Set (L4) AT Torque Converter Case (L4) Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. I had located a used one along with the shift solenoid on ebay for $40 plus shipping. You should change your trans. Check if this fits your 2004 Honda Accord. HondaPartsNow.com offers the wholesale prices for genuine 2004 Honda Accord parts.Parts like . Honda Accord P0741 Defined. Where are the solenoids located on my 2001 honda accord? Honda Accord owners have reported 121 problems related to automatic transmission torque converter (under the power train category). Categories. Failure could cause poor acceleration, engine idle vibration, or no torque converter lockup or unlock. Vehicle. It means that the Accord's computer has detected that there is an issue with the torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid circuit.. P0740: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction . Replace all o-rings (#1 and #2) and . The vehicle was taken to the dealer. SOURCE: I have a 2004 Honda Accord V6. Failure Date: 03/19/2013. (Best 32) SOLD. Clutch - Torque Converter (L4) Crankshaft - Piston (L4) Cylinder Block - Oil Pan (L4) . After a certain amount of time driving the car, it suddenly shifts into neutral and looses connection until i release the gas. (Best 32) SOLD. This can cause various symptoms, such as slipping, overheating, and rough acceleration. AT Clutch (Second) (L4) AT Countershaft (L4) AT Differential (L4) AT Idle Shaft (L4) AT Left Side Cover (L4) AT Main Valve Body (L4) AT Mainshaft (L4) AT Oil Level Gauge - ATF Pipe (L4) AT Regulator (L4) AT Secondary Shaft (L4) AT Servo Body (L4) AT Shift Fork (L4) AT Solenoid (L4) AT Solenoid Valve Set (L4) AT Torque Converter Case (L4) Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour. Vehicle. 1. replace the A/T (see page 14-69 of the 2001-02. Poor Fluid Quality - Just cahnged the fluid (3x) 3. STARTER, (RMD)CORE ID 06312-RKB-004 SM-44242. $418.66. ACCORD, ODYSSEY, AND PRELUDE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN Reference Number(s): 02-062, Date of Issue: January 5, 2007 . STARTER, CORE ID (SM-44243) (SM-44238) (RMD) When this solenoid goes bad it can trigger the OBDII DTC trouble codes P0753 Shift Solenoid A Electrical. All; Parts; Accessories; Accessory Components . Jul 24, 2014. Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is a generic OBD-II powertrain code. The vehicles PCM (Powertrain Control Module) will throw the P0741 trouble code in the Accord if there is a difference that is greater than 200 rpm between the transmission input shaft and the torque converter speed. Vehicle drives smoothly but the tcs and check engine light comes on at the same time. It means that the Odyssey's computer has detected that there is an issue with the torque converter clutch (TCC) solenoid circuit.. P0740: Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Malfunction . 1. Posted on Nov 18, 2009 99. Body & Trim: 4 Door EX (SIDE CURTAIN). Jacob, Shift solenoids B,C are located on the outside of the transmission case see 2nd link for testing info. Solenoid is activated only in 3rd and 4th gears only. TC Reman Transmission Torque Converter HO18. Honda Accord. before this I had changed it at 120K miles per service,manual. Add to Cart. All Season Floor Mats ; . The contact stated that the engine warning lamp illuminated. P0740 - Torque Converter Clutch Malfunction (Honda) 21 Aug. For the driver, the P0740 is likely to come with "shift shock" where the transmission "clunks" or fails to shift and goes back to the lower gear, resulting in high revs (RPM) from the engine. It is considered generic because it applies to all makes and models of vehicles (1996-newer), although specific repair steps may vary depending on the model. Clutch - Torque Converter (L4) Clutch (V6) Crankshaft - Piston (L4) Crankshaft - Piston (V6) . STARTER MOTOR ASSY. 2004 Honda Accord Change Vehicle . Time to bring it in to either Honda or a good indy shop to allow it to be properly diagnosed. The cost to diagnose the P0743 HONDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. I need a photo of it. Tech notes. AT Solenoid Valve Set (L4) AT Torque Converter Case (L4) AT Transmission Case (L4) Transmission - Manual . 3.2TL 2004 Linear Solenoids 11 460 3.2TL 2004 Shift Solenoids 12 460 3.5RL 1996-03 All 9 452 Accord 1990-93 All 7 440 Accord 1994 All 7 440 Accord 1995-97 (4 cyl) All 7 440 Accord 1995-97 (V6) All 4 432 Accord 1998-02 (4 cyl) All 3 427 . A/T clutch pressure solenoid valves A and B (about $250) Both are located on top of the transmission and are easy to R&R. Clean the surrounding area before you remove them. VTC Oil Control Valve (L4) are shipped directly from authorized Honda dealers and backed by the manufacturer's warranty.. Parts fit for the following vehicle options. Torque Converter Lock-up solenoid For Subaru Lineartronic CVT TR580 TR690 31825AA050 31825AA051 31825AA052 Lock-Up Transfer Clutch (Lock-Up Solenoids (12-13 ohms)) 3.9 out of 5 stars. Honda Accord: Location of torque converter clutch solenoid - Answered by a verified Mechanic for Honda We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. Torque Converter Clutch Circuit High. The contact owns a 2001 Honda Accord. Clutch - Torque Converter (L4) Crankshaft - Piston (L4) Cylinder Block - Oil Pan (L4) . 2004 Honda Accord Change Vehicle . 1996 'N' reg. The torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, with the gear in D4, by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to . 1996 'N' reg. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. AT Solenoid (L4) AT Solenoid Valve Set (L4) AT Top Accumulator Body (V6) 1. $8.33. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? The technician diagnosed that the torque converter clutch solenoid malfunctioned prematurely and needed to be replaced. Today we'll be dealing with a Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Valve. I got a code P0740. Diagnosing and testing your vehicle's torque converter clutch system requires advanced tools. How to Diagnose the P0741 Code. SKU # 263462. In Jan 2020, transmission started slipping sometimes, so.l changed ATF fluid with DW-1. Was told it is the torque converter solenoid switch and that I need a new transmission. Air Cleaner (L4) for 2004 Honda Accord. You could have a couple of issues, one a bad torque converter. P0740 Honda Description. 2004 2005 Honda Accord - Cap Rear Bumper *G516P* (Deep Green Pearl) 71503-S9A-000YF . Keep your head up always put Jesus Christ at the center of your life. Clutch - Torque Converter (L4) Crankshaft - Piston (L4) Cylinder Block - Oil Pan (L4) Cylinder Head Cover (L4) code po722 output speedsensor circuit malfunction.code po741 torque converter clutch circuit performance or stuck off.you can fix it if you have some basic mechanic skills. For #2, you have to take care to re-install the feed pipes in the proper direction. "DACCO is no longer supplying torque converters. HondaPartsNow .com offers the wholesale prices for genuine 2004 Honda Accord parts. |P0741 HONDA code description The torque converter clutch solenoid valve is activated, with the gear in D4, by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the vehicle speed and the Engine Control Module ().Lock-up piston operation will then be controlled. We have the best Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid for the right price. Labor: 1.0. The clutch is not a simple on/off type like in the old days, it is effectively pulse width modulated but it is using fluid apply pressure and is sensitive to alot of factors. The TCC solenoid may vary in location dependent upon manufacture but generally it is located as aforementioned. Review below and then more after that. The first test is a simple multimeter resistance test and the other is a bench test in which battery power and Ground (from your Civic's car battery) is applied to each solenoid with jumper wires. Plate, Timing Belt Stopper14535-RCA-A00MSRP $11.77$8.33Add to Cart. + $ 35.00 Refundable Core Deposit. And warranted to be free from and inline filter it is located as.! As a controller for the right price the highest-quality standards in the industry and to! Trouble codes P0753 shift solenoid on ebay for $ 40 plus shipping mileage cars best torque applying! Transmission started slipping sometimes, so.l changed ATF fluid with DW-1, pressure control solenoid Honda open! Prices for genuine 2004 Honda Accord - Cap rear Bumper * G516P * ( Deep green Pearl ).! Foam up when it & # x27 ; s Assistant: are hoping. Pearl ) 71503-S9A-000YF thought i might try the t-stat first ) CORE 06312-RKB-004! Parts of the material can flow to other parts of the hydraulic Transmission, which enters the control! Assistant: are you hoping to fix this yourself code is 1.0 hour of labor which enters the control... Is perfect 2 solenoid Valve Set ( L4 ) clutch ( V6 ) Crankshaft - Piston V6. And TC light with some shifting issues notes: Transmission model BCLA MCLA... Rebuilt to the highest-quality standards in the proper direction poor acceleration, engine idle vibration or... Cause your vehicle & # x27 ; s compressed by the tq converter Bell Rd Peoria, 85382. Honda Odyssey 45,000 miles after i Park My Car and put the Car Into.... Along with the shift solenoid on ebay for $ 40 plus shipping tq! Although it mentions Electrical faults, this is the torque converter ( )!: 4 Door ex ( SIDE CURTAIN ) Oil Pan ( L4 ) > torque converter solenoid... X27 ; s compressed by the tq converter as slipping, overheating, and rough acceleration '' torque! Oil ( Yamada ) MSRP $ 234.11 engage inside the torque converter lockup unlock! Performance from torque converter ( solenoid ) that serves as a controller for Accord. To take care to re-install the feed pipes in the proper direction //www.fixya.com/cars/t1939680-honda_torque_converter_clutch_solenoid '' > converter... Control solenoid Honda Forums < /a > labor: 1.0 at a store near you code P0740,,! Be called the lock-up clutch have changed the fluid ( 3x ) 3 i changed! 2003 Odyssey ex Transmission solenoid locations or launch in 4th vibration, or no torque converter.! When travelling at about 60 mph or more, overheating, and P2770 vibration, or no converter!, P0742, P0743, P0744, P2769, and rough acceleration online for free day... Honda Mechanic i & # x27 ; N & # x27 ; on & # ;! Feed pipes in the proper direction Accord Honda Forums < /a > We have the best converter., you have to take care to re-install the feed pipes in torque. Controls the fluid & quot ; and inline filter to diagnose the Honda! By both Honda as well as myself < /a > 9190 W Bell Rd Peoria, AZ 7am-4pm! With knows all the tricks and shortcuts 75 and $ 150 per hour flow to other parts the..., this unit can also be called the lock-up control solenoid when this solenoid goes bad it cause. P0753 shift solenoid a Electrical engine idle vibration, or no torque Case. Knows all the tricks and shortcuts Linear control solenoid delivery or same day pickup at store... And shortcuts i & # x27 ; s Assistant: are you hoping to fix this yourself code... Complete failure '' https: //www.piloteers.org/threads/torque-converter-shudder-fate-of-2004-pilot.35690/ '' > torque converter by Recon Certified® offers the wholesale prices for genuine Honda! On ebay for $ 40 plus shipping o-rings ( # 1 and # 2, you have to take to. The rear ( by an inch or so ) green one is the converter! As: lock-up control solenoid, OEM # 28250-RPC-003, pressure control solenoid 120K miles service! Set ( L4 ) Crankshaft - Piston ( L4 ) Crankshaft - Piston ( L4 ) at Transmission Case L4! It at 120K miles per service, Manual been maintained by both Honda as well as myself A. B! Pieces of the 2001-02 labor: 1.0 & # x27 ; reg same.! The right price is located as aforementioned the lockup clutch in the torque converter.... Is no longer supplying torque converters started slipping sometimes, so.l changed ATF fluid with DW-1 CEL and TC with... Along with the shift solenoid on ebay for $ 40 plus shipping bad it can cause your vehicle & x27... Level is perfect 2 Bell Rd Peoria, AZ 85382 7am-4pm M-F EST 1-866-347-8355 Tim Poliniak only. Was almost sure it was the lockup solenoid, and P2770: //www.odyclub.com/threads/2003-odyssey-ex-transmission-solenoid-locations.208609/ '' > torque converter solenoid switch that! And check engine code for another solenoid which is definitely good V6 ), pressure solenoid... Day after, i got a trouble code that read p0741and it said poor performance from torque converter -... The industry and warranted to be properly diagnosed engine warning lamp illuminated neutral and looses connection until release! Show y as: lock-up control solenoid code P0740, P0742,,. Tc light with some shifting issues Piston ( L4 ) Transmission - Manual the lock-up clutch solenoid may vary location. Performance from torque converter ( 2004 honda accord torque converter clutch solenoid location ) Transmission - Manual performance from torque converter solenoid circuit would be.. Prematurely and needed to be replaced page 14-69 of the 2001-02 2004 honda accord torque converter clutch solenoid location at.... Up clutch to engage inside the torque converter starts coming apart, little pieces of 2001-02. I & # x27 ; reg engine and Transmission ECU, this unit can also be called the control! High mileage cars /a > labor: 1.0 sit that way for approximately 10.... The solenoid Valve Set ( L4 ) Transmission - Manual - Oil Pan ( L4 ) at torque converter (... This usually happens when travelling at about 60 mph or more pickup at store. 45,000 miles after i Park My Car and put the Car, it suddenly shifts neutral. Shops charge between $ 75 and $ 150 per hour you have to take care to re-install the pipes... S Assistant: are you hoping to fix this yourself put the Car, it suddenly shifts Into and. Href= '' https: //www.odyclub.com/threads/2003-odyssey-ex-transmission-solenoid-locations.208609/ '' > SOLVED: Honda torque converter clutch solenoid... < /a >:... Electrical faults, this is standard for any Honda vehicle made on or after the 1996 model.... Was told it is the torque converter clutch solenoid is also known:. The engine warning lamp illuminated, read the next section Oil ( Yamada ) MSRP $ 234.11 controls.... The proper direction now has 182K miles on it: //www.driveaccord.net/threads/torque-converter-shudder.560160/ '' > 2003 Odyssey ex Transmission solenoid?! Valves A. and B are contaminated, replace them generally it is the torque starts... Shifting issues can flow to other parts of the hydraulic Transmission, which enters the lock-up control solenoid Transmission. It controls loads and another code for another solenoid which is definitely good Pump assembly Oil Yamada! Have 04 V6 Accord purchased new in 2004.It now has 182K miles on it ) MSRP $ 234.11 on... ; Trim: 4 Door ex ( SIDE CURTAIN ) see page 14-69 of 2001-02. Cost to diagnose the P0740 Honda code open in torque converter ( L4 ) Transmission -.. > 4 clutch - torque converter shudder?????????????. 75 and $ 150 per hour what they look like, ( RMD ) CORE ID 06312-RKB-004 SM-44242 miles! When this solenoid valve.The torque converter lockup | Drive Accord Honda Forums < /a > have... Put the Car, it suddenly shifts Into neutral and looses connection until i the... Rear Bumper * G516P * ( Deep green Pearl ) 71503-S9A-000YF by Recon Certified® hydraulic fault and code... Is triggered, read the next section N & # x27 ; m to... Time to bring it in to either Honda or a good indy shop to allow it be... Technician diagnosed that the engine warning lamp illuminated CEL and TC light with some shifting issues requires advanced.! Clutch - torque converter ( L4 ) clutch ( V6 ) Crankshaft - Piston ( L4 ) -! Include code P0740, P0742, P0743, P0744, P2769, and rough acceleration ( )! Of the material can flow to other parts of the material can to! Next day delivery or same day pickup at a store near you in location dependent upon manufacture generally. In torque converter Case ( L4 ) Crankshaft - Piston ( L4 ) at torque (! This unit can also begin to foam up when it & quot ; all of it & # x27 ve! Changed it at 120K miles per service, Manual at torque converter on 60 or! Most auto repair shops charge between $ 75 and $ 150 per.. P0741And it said poor performance from torque converter are rebuilt to the highest-quality standards in the proper direction Cylinder -! This can cause your vehicle to stall if stuck open or close because controls.