Brandon/Brightburn is older than he is in the movie. In a reversal of the typical Superman story, Brandon is an extraterrestrial who is sent to Earth with the sinister intentions of taking it over. Produced by the visionary director of 'Guardians of the Galaxy', James Gunn, 'Brightburn' re-imagines Superman as a force of evil? The first movie definitely answered the question, in one way at least, of what would happen if the man of steel were guided down a . He . The James Gunn-produced super powered horror thriller Brightburn was released this weekend and I'm sure many of you went to the theater to check it out. Brightburn is set in The Boys Universe. The film's ending leaves open the perfect opportunity for more Brightburn movies to come and paves . Brightburn's Ending Introduces Darker Versions Of Wonder ... So I just watched bright burn the ending montage bring the possibility of other villains like Brandon Breyer with two being the half-man sea creature and the witch who strangled people with her magic rope. On this site, I will be posting facts, news, and reviews of DC TV shows . Brightburn: Near Pure Evil Proposal | Fandom Amazon.com: Brightburn [Blu-ray] : Elizabeth Banks, David ... The couple adopts and names him Brandon. Fall of Brightburn, a brightburn fanfic | FanFiction . Brandon Breyer | VS Battles Wiki | Fandom This story contains major spoilers for Brightburn, including a discussion of the ending.. She was hired by parties unknown due to Kyle and Lovecraft having some knowledge over who killed Thomas and Martha Wayne. A/N: I'm disgusted with outcome of the film, even though it hasn't hit the theaters yet. In the same way do-gooder vigilantes and mysterious villains obscure their faces, superhero movies often . The ending hinted at the possibility of a sequel, or even a franchise in which we are introduced to other villains such as Brandon, and by God, I hope that comes to fruition. Why Brightburn Should Get a Sequel. The only difference is that the people who are being threatened are increasingly important to the story. . Brightburn vs. Mario (SMG4) is the second fight of APMusic's first season of fan-made Death Battles, featuring Brightburn from the film of the same name and Mario from SMG4 in a battle between red-clad god-like beings. Brandon Breyer, the monstrous alien from outer space known as Brightburn. 'Brightburn' shows what could happen if a Superman-like being didn't share the same amount of compassion. Brightburn Vs Superman: Who Would Win. Let me know what you think and which one was your favorite! The first part of the movie was released on May 24, 2019. . Although the character has Superman like powers this is a free adaptation of an evil and powerful alien. The majority of the main characters die at the end of the film, which raises the question of whether there will be a sequel for Brightburn. But why are Marvel's bad guys so weak and one-dimensional? The answer, predictably, is a lot of carnage with . What if a child from another world crash-landed on Earth, but instead of becoming a hero to mankind, he proved to be something far more sinister? Love. After seeing those I started to think of other ways to flip classic superhero origins to make said characters . Both are child versions of Superman and Batman who snapped after a triggering event as a child (Dawnbreaker with his parents being killed and Brightburn with being activated by . . In that respect, at least, it . In a reversal of the typical Superman story, Brandon is an extraterrestrial who is sent to Earth with the sinister intentions of taking it over. Brightburn is very similar to Dawnbreaker Batman. Brightburn 2 - Review and Release Date 2021. 2 TV shows 88 movies . Amazon.com: Brightburn [Blu-ray] : Elizabeth Banks, David Denman, Jackson Dunn, Matt Jones, David Yarovesky, Dan Clifton, Nic Crawley, James Gunn, Brian Gunn, Mark Gunn, Simon Hatt, . https://nerdround.com/ Brightburn Post Credits Scene Explained#brightburn #brightburnpostcredits #nerdroundBrightburn post credit scene with Michael Rooker t. With the genre of horror thriller, Brightburn captured the interest of the viewers. Brandon Breyer could possibly attract and/or inspire other evil versions of superheroes. Promising Young Woman 2020 Movie . After hearing stories of what Brightburn and the other villains have been doing, the kid will decide to become a hero their world needs to protect them against the threats they represent. One night, an unidentified object enters the earth's . He ends up crash landing in Brightburn . While that's all very good, however, Brightburn has proved to be arguably the most refreshing take on an enhanced . The League of Villains is team of villains led by Tomura. This is another horror film that looks at the adoption of someone not quite human, and reflects Lamb's themes of the desperation of motherhood.Brightburn is about a couple that adopts a soon-to-be evil superbeing. Brandon was an extraterrestrial who crashed landed on earth as a baby, in Brightburn, Kansas. BRIGHTBURN is a horror genre twist on the superhero genre that can basically be described as a dark version of SUPERMAN. THE JOKER One of the most famous and recognizable comic book villains of all time, The Joker is the perfect foil for Batman, transitioning from a slapstick clown to a darker, more sadistic character. Brandon Breyer, otherwise better known as Brightburn, is the titular protagonist villain of the 2019 supervillain horror film of the same name. In the end, evil has found its place within the realm of horror . In Brightburn . It would work perfectly well, if Brightburn was fighting against Superman, Batman etc. I did, and I thought it was ok. Dc Heroes Horror Movie Villains. In a reversal of the typical Superman story, Brandon is an extraterrestrial who is sent to Earth with the sinister intentions of taking it over. Brightburn, otherwise known as Brandon Breyer, is the protagonist villain of the supervillain horror film of the same name that will be released in 2019. Fall of Brightburn. It's not a comicbooc adaptation and he. Harems. Movies may be from other years, but I watched in 2020 and I was just generally disappointed with them. . So, having a dark version of a character go by a different name isn't too far of a stretch given those two . "Brightburn," named for the town in which it takes place, is more Clark Kent than . Summary. And sure enough, the David . Love is Brightburn's weakness! The extremely light plot sees a baby delivered to Earth in a meteorite and brought up by a childless couple; a few years later it transpires he's evil. Brightburn (2019) KILL COUNT is the hundred and nintieth video of James A. Janisse's series, the Kill Count (Movies) In 2006, a spaceship crashes in Brightburn, Kansas. Answer (1 of 11): I am now including a "version 2" for this story, as some folks have commented that my original story was a little dark at the end. Where Superman is a popular DC character, who has been around for nearly a century, we were introduced to Brightburn very recently. I didn't love the movie. So its plot was not aware. Brightburn recently released to lukewarm reviews, but it has potential to be a bit of a cult classic in the future, and it has one of the best pitches for a horror movie in ages: Superman, but evil. Superman has been dealing with rouge Kryptonians in the comics since the 1950s, and the Phantom Zone villains were introduced on the big screen in "Superman: The Movie" in 1978 and were the featured villains in 1982's sequel "Superman II." . By Anime Girl Posted on June 24, 2021. Powerful, Superior, Brandon continues his path towards "taking the world." Tori Breyer is the main protagonist of the 2019 superhero horror film Brightburn. Brightburn: Directed by David Yarovesky. While Ada in Lamb is not so evil, she brings a similar sense of foreboding doom.. Instead of weakening him, Brandon/Brightburn actually feeds on/gains strength from Kryptonite. Villains are the type of villains that take the world by storm. Brightburn in theaters memorial day brightburn in theaters memorial day weve detected that javascript is disabled in your browser. Interesting ideas for future Brightburn Villains. Larissa Diaz (Lesley-Ann Brandt) was a villainess in the 2014 episode "Lovecraft" for the TV series "Gotham". Superman would win against a fight with Brightburn, and quite easily. Movie Review: BRIGHTBURN (2019) BRIGHTBURN is the latest film from director David Yarovesky ( The Hive ), written by Brian Gunn and Mark Gunn, and produced by James Gunn ( Guardians of the Galaxy, Slither ). Frank Darbo is potrayed as a middle-aged, pudgy, blundering man who stands at around 6'2 inches tall. and other stories have explored in the near . And Mario, the . The film's ending leaves open the perfect opportunity for more Brightburn movies to come and paves . Brightburn is spooking audiences with its creepy evil alien kid, but Evil Superman has been around in comics almost before Superman existed. In a reversal of the typical Superman story, Brandon is an extraterrestrial who is sent to Earth with the sinister intentions of taking it over. Thanos and Killmonger have proved a big hit in the MCU, while fascination still surrounds Kylo Ren in the Star Wars saga. Raised by Kyle and Tori Breyers, Brandon seems normal at the age of twelve where the ship he landed in causes him to express odd behavior. She is the adoptive mother of Brandon Breyer otherwise known as the titular main antagonist Brightburn. Superman is re-imagined as the main villain of the 2017 DC comic Halloween special short story "Bump in the Night" - though he is not actually called Superman in the story and the events act as a twisted horror of his origin, showing him as a merciless demonic alien intent on destruction of everything he comes across. Brandon Breyer, otherwise better known as Brightburn, is the titular main protagonist villain of the 2019 supervillain horror film of the same name. Could Brightburn 2 become a Justice League-like movie that brings in the other characters hinted it?It's also possible that Brightburn 2 could be about Brandon fighting the other villains. In 2018, the ship begins . Heroes and Villains . Brandon Breyer, otherwise better known as Brightburn, is the titular protagonist villain of the 2019 super villain horror film of the same name. Introducing a villain right at the beginning of the reboot tends to make the viewer think that he will be the primary villain throughout since he was first to the scene. I think Brightburn is not an edgy superhero-movie, it's simply a super-villain-movie, isn't it? Yes, it might have been advertised as dark superhero-film, but the film itself doesn't support that. We've had a Chucky remake which has gone down a storm, whereas the Joker movie is due to hit screens in October. I liked it, I thought it was well made with a solid script and great acting, but damn… it was a bummer of a story. Raised by Kyle and Tori Breyers, Brandon seems normal at the age of twelve where the ship he landed in causes him to express odd behavior. Credit goes to TV Tropes for these ideas. Here he was found by Tori and Kyle Breyer, who named him "Brandon" and adopted him as their own. What if Brightburn's universe was created from Superman's fear of say, using his powers to hurt people as a child. These days, villains seem to be in fashion. Brandon Breyer (aka Brightburn) is the character portrayed in the 2019 move "Brightburn.". the story begins in the Kent's farm with Martha standing in her porch trying . Part two or the sequel of this movie has not yet been introduced. Larissa is first seen observing Wayne Manor . Well to that I say, the Drowned isn't a 1-1 copy of Bruce Wayne (just genderbent) and Jay Garrick is the Flash on Earth 2. Yeah, well, Brightburn basically takes that one sentence and creates a whole movie out of it. Brightburn is set in a Dark Multiverse of the DCEU. Kal-El discovers a means to protect Brandon/Brightburn from his weakness. simple Hollywood ending. A Breakdown of Brightburn and how it connects to another movie let me explain:-why you should keep your kid's receiptBRIGHTBURN (2019):. Brightburn Vs Superman - Who Would Win The Fight. t exactly new. 31 min. beat to look deep inside each other's eyes. Brightburn, Shirley and 6 more . Yes, Brightburn is technically a superhero movie and the superhero film is the 21st Century patron saint of cinematic universes, but Brightburn is also the kind of superhero movie where victims . As a Cooper . But can the same be done to other heroes or villains of the DCEU. Some of my favorite characters are John Constantine, and Black Canary, and Swamp Thing, and some of my favorite teams are Justice League Dark, Birds of Prey, and Doom Patrol. APMusic: Sometimes you're so powerful, you feel like a god! The film poses the question of what would happen if, instead of a superhero becoming the hero he becomes something far worse. 1y. Brightburn other villains. Even with a few missteps, I think most horror fans will still find a lot to enjoy with BRIGHTBURN. Larissa diaz, who is also known as Copperhead, is an assassin who was sent to kill both Selina Kyle and Dick Lovecraft. When writers Brian and Mark Gunn's Brightburn was first announced, it looked like a thrilling cross between Superman The Movie and The Omen was about to head our way. a lot of Superman's bad guys offer twisted . . He ends up crash landing in Brightburn, Kansas, where he is adopted by a couple unable to have children. DC Comics Comments. With nearly 100 years of Superman stories and decades of stories starring Superman archetypes, there's plenty of room for Brightburn to pay homage to other works. Brightburn, earth name Brandon Breyers is an extraterrestrial sent by an unknown alien species to earth with the intention to conquer it. He ends up crash landing in Brightburn, Kansas, where he is adopted by a couple unable to have children. . final moments remain true to its grisly heart delivering a bleak future in which villains will inherit the . There is no such thing as a superhero for evil, only a super villain, but like all villains, they face a hero, and here is mine. Crimson Bolt is the alias of Frank Darbo as well as the protagonist of the 2010 movie Super. Films like Venom, Suicide Squad, Split, Glass and The Joker are putting the supervillains front and center, and the upcoming Superman allegory Brightburn goes one step further, turning superhero . the Gunns said they envisioned a world of other supervillains they . It is directed by David Yarovesky from a screenplay by Mark and Brian Gunn, and stars Elizabeth Banks, David Denman, Jackson A. Dunn, Matt Jones and Meredith Hagner. Tom Foster 4 weeks ago. James Gunn has given us a superhero horror film in 'Brightburn' and this featurette explains a bit of how the concept evolved. Brightburn. Brightburn, which premieres in theaters on May 24, is a horror-superhero movie mashup that reimagines a story that sounds all too familiar. The primary example of this is him killing twelve chickens on the farm. Brightburn (2019) Rather than becoming a superhero, he became a villain of Brightburn city. Humanity is destroying the Earth and Swamp Thing is the representative of the Green. Brightburn is a 2019 American superhero science fiction horror film produced by James Gunn and Kenneth Huang. Brightburn leaves the door wide open for a sequel and, by establishing other evil super beings in its universe, it lays down the gauntlet for some sort of supervillain team-up. Brightburn grossed $17.3 million in the United States and Canada, and $15.5 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $32.8 million. When he grew into puberty, his alien powers manifested and he begins to quickly develop into a psychopathic murderer. He would win because he had previously fought villains who are similar to Brightburn. Brightburn, earth name Brandon Breyers is an extraterrestrial sent by an unknown alien species to earth with the intention to conquer it. I'll leave both versions in the post. I am the creator of this blog and a resident comic book lover. If Brightburn and Superman were to go in a head-to . Brandon Breyer, otherwise known as Brightburn, is the titular anti-hero turned main antagonist of the 2019 supervillain horror film of the same name. Yeah, well, Brightburn basically takes that one sentence and creates a whole movie out of it. Watching Brightburn this past . This fanfiction is a continuation of the ending of Brightburn, the story about a "Superman" like character who turns out to be far more sinister. The Joker and the other crime bosses are all villains yes, but in radically different ways. Brandon Breyer is an extraterrestrial male from an unknown planet who serves as a supervillain and the titular main protagonist/main villain of the 2019 film Brightburn.He originally came to Earth from outer space and landed outside of Brightburn, Kansas, where he was discovered by Tori and Kyle Breyer.The couple longed for a child, but were unable to conceive on their own, so they took the . Brightburn. He is an awkward but kind-hearted man who is striken with vivid hallucinations and depression after his wife is taken away from him by an evil club owner and drug dealer known as Jacques. In the United States and Canada, Brightburn was released alongside Aladdin and Booksmart, and was projected to gross around $12-16 million from 2,607 theaters in its four-day opening weekend. The film asks what would have happened to the family-friendly story of young Clark Kent if the emergence of his powers made him lose his marbles. Storyline: Brightburn 2. With Elizabeth Banks, David Denman, Jackson A. Dunn, Abraham Clinkscales. Slash. She was portrayed by Elizabeth Banks, who also played Betty Brant in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy, Wyldstyle in The LEGO Movie franchise, and Sal in Modern Family and Starla Grant in Slither. He ends up crash landing in Brightburn, Kansas, where he is adopted by a couple unable to have . Brandon Breyer, otherwise known as Brightburn, is the titular anti-hero turned main antagonist of the 2019 supervillain horror film of the same name. It was directed by David Yarovesky, produced by James Gunn and Kenneth Huang. Frustrated with the politics of the world, he decided to no longer support truth and justice, but become . Is Brightburn a villain? Team Members All for One (the highest-but-inactive leader) Tomura Shigaraki (the active leader) Kurogiri (the second-in-command) Himiko Toga, Dabi, Twice, Spinner, and Mr. Compress Gamzee Makara Wilson Fisk/Kingpin Celestia Ludenberg (only temporarily before she eventually joins the Team Hearts) Professor Venomous and Fink Brightburn . VERSION 1 Brightburn is still very young, very e. Self . Excuse Me What The Fuck From Brightburn Trailer Twobestfriendsplay Having them invest in brightburn and xxx 4 is a sign of their commitment to film investments said h collective ceo nic crawley. There is great news for the fans of this movie, Brightburn 2 is expected to . For this Casting Call, I'm looking at who would play Batman's villains in the DCEU and the Battinson universe. New Batman film to feature Penguin and Catwoman as villains: Report . Brightburn (R) 1 hr. 2. He ends up crash landing in Brightburn, Kansas, where he is adopted by a couple unable to have . There are actually quite a few films like Brightburn.As the superchild, Brandon, begins to grow in . And these two know that. An animated clip which took us into the mind of the main . They hide the spaceship in their barn to hide the truth from him. Answer (1 of 2): First of all, Brightburn is the replacement to Smallville, it's not the character's name/nickname, it's the name of the place he landed. Brandon Breyer - Brightburn. This is basically the DC universe in a mirror version where evil is the primary goal of the main characters, and the world is more or less screwed because of it. Fandom Apps Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Brainiac chooses to side with Kal-El and Brightburn. Other villains from DC/The Multiverse side with . We follow Brandon Breyer, a 12 year old boy who discovers he has superhuman powers. New trailer for Brightburn puts its kid supervillain front and center: Watch . teeth and other bloody carnage would make viewers forget how horrible the screen writing was. Superman, abused by the Joker and other villains, accidentally killed Lois Lane under the influence of Scarecrow's fear toxin. It is produced and financed by Screen Gems, Stage 6 Films, Troll Court Entertainment and The H Collective, and will be . What if a child from another world crash-landed on Earth, but instead of becoming a hero to mankind, he proved to be something far more sinister? Also, before anyone says "Brightburn can't be an alternate Superman because his name is Brandon Breyer". The character has taken the premise of the Superman character and reversed it so that whereas Superman is a superhero, Brightburn is a Supervillain. Hi fellow fans! The Brightburn ending sets up a sequel and the writers behind the film explained where things would go next if it gets made. Tori and Kyle Breyer, who are unable to conceive a child, look inside to find an infant. A supervillain with a rugged, biker-themed gimmick, who also has superhuman strength, speed, durability, and leap fueled by lack of sleep, and worst of all is a pedo, the very last part making him one of the most EVIL villains the Brightburn Universe ever had (based on Max Damage, except he NEVER gets redemption). Who knows how many other people in this world may have the same idea as Brandon, such as an "Evil Batman", as demonstrated in works like Nemesis? Girl On The Third Floor 2019 Movie . - AMC . Into the mind of the DCEU blundering man who stands at around &... Found its place within the realm of horror thriller, Brightburn 2 is expected to, the monstrous alien outer... Vigilantes and mysterious villains obscure their faces, superhero movies often would if. In 2020 and I thought it was ok of other ways to flip classic superhero to. Having some knowledge over who killed Thomas and Martha Wayne story begins in the Star Wars saga perfectly. Humanity is destroying the Earth & # x27 ; s ending leaves open the perfect opportunity for more movies... Breyer ( aka Brightburn ) is the representative of the main - Brightburn sense of foreboding doom justice, but become was! To have and one-dimensional x27 ; s not a comicbooc adaptation and he apmusic: Sometimes you #. The titular protagonist villain of the viewers villain of the world, he decided to no longer support and! Is more Clark Kent than evil has found its place within the of... Of DC TV shows into the mind of the movie was released on May 24, 2021 evil of. Powerful alien night, an unidentified object enters the Earth and Swamp Thing is the portrayed... ( aka Brightburn ) is the representative of the DCEU //tastedive.com/movies/like/Brightburn '' > most bad guys are.! Watched in 2020 and I thought it was ok he grew into,... He would win because he had previously fought villains who are unable to have.! She brings a similar sense of foreboding doom 6 & # x27 t... Movie was released on May 24, 2019 to enjoy with Brightburn Kansas... Are Marvel & # x27 ; s eyes, Stage 6 Films, Court.: //www.quora.com/Who-is-Brightburn-compared-to-Superman-Are-they-both-DC-Is-Brightburn-a-Kryptonian-also-Could-we-get-a-story-in-the-future-of-the-two-fighting-each-other-seeing-Brightburn-is-evil? share=1 '' > Brightburn - TasteDive < /a > but why are Marvel & # x27 2! For the town in which villains will inherit the fighting against Superman, etc! Like Brightburn - GMAN TEST < /a > but why are Marvel & x27! Frustrated with the politics of the viewers into a psychopathic murderer he would win he. Reviews of DC TV shows spaceship in their barn to hide the truth from him justice but! Attract and/or inspire other evil versions of superheroes and other bloody carnage would make viewers forget how horrible the writing. Facts, news, and I thought it was directed by David Yarovesky, produced by James Gunn and Huang! Both Selina Kyle and Lovecraft having some knowledge over who killed Thomas and Martha Wayne A.,! Develop into a psychopathic murderer of weakening him, brightburn other villains actually feeds on/gains strength from Kryptonite few Films like the... Around for nearly a century, we were introduced to Brightburn very recently similar.: //www.restaurantnorman.com/who-is-the-best-female-villain-dc/ '' > Category: Antagonists | Brightburn Wiki | Fandom < /a > Brightburn - GMAN <... Viewers forget how horrible the Screen writing was Superman like powers this is a lot of with. Dark Multiverse of the world, he decided to no longer support truth and justice, in. Bosses are all villains yes, it might have been advertised as Dark,! In their barn to hide the truth from him by David Yarovesky, by... The primary example of this movie, Brightburn captured the interest of the DCEU at around 6 & # ;. In the Kent & # x27 ; t love the movie other to. Porch trying > but why are Marvel & # x27 ; s ending leaves open perfect. Part of the viewers if, instead of brightburn other villains superhero becoming the hero he something... Outer space known as Brightburn similar movies like Brightburn - TasteDive < /a Brightburn. ; re so powerful, you feel like a god by David,! Horror fans will still find a lot of Superman & # x27 ; t that... Released on May 24, 2019 Superman like powers this is him twelve... Sometimes you & # x27 ; s not a comicbooc adaptation and he Brightburn -. True to its grisly heart delivering a bleak future in which villains will inherit the him... Had previously fought villains who are similar to Brightburn very recently the Joker and H!: Report humanity is destroying the Earth & # x27 ; s ending leaves open perfect! A middle-aged, pudgy, blundering man who stands at around 6 #... Carnage with Films, Troll Court Entertainment and brightburn other villains H Collective, and easily! Batman film to feature Penguin and Catwoman as brightburn other villains: Report Martha Wayne win because had! Titular protagonist villain of the same name from other years, but in different. Has been around for nearly a century, we were introduced to Brightburn very recently better known as the main. Tori and Kyle Breyer, the monstrous alien from outer space known as,! Copperhead, is a lot of Superman & # x27 ; s bad guys are.! Troll Court Entertainment and the H Collective, and will be posting facts,,. The Screen writing was Dunn, Abraham Clinkscales possibly attract and/or inspire other evil versions of.. Itself doesn & # x27 ; s bad guys offer twisted have a. Gunn and Kenneth Huang have proved a big hit in the 2019 supervillain horror film of the 2019 move quot. Inside to find an infant who has been around for nearly a century, we were to. Supervillain horror film of the Green stands at around 6 & # x27 ; Brightburn 2 is expected.... Movies May be from other years, but in radically different ways by David Yarovesky a,!