As low as. Went by local Orvis store today and they're selling Recon rod for about half off as the Recon 2 just got released. Recon 2 VS Maverick | Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs The New Recon uses the Helios 3 as a foundation, utilizing its construction techniques and performance attributes to refine and improve the new . $156.00. QR Code Link to This Post. Orvis Recon Fly Rod. For those who manage riverside meals of granola bars and jerky paired with the evening hatch instead of a sit-down meal at a sane hour. Maybe the weight is off just a hair. The Orvis Recon 10ft 3wt is the only stick of its kind in the Recon family of rods. . Make This an Outfit - Purchase a fly line and reel along with this rod. Beartown Mountain Farm; May 13, 2021; Classifieds; Replies 0 Views 181. But small stream anglers tend to like easy-to-maneuver rods in the 6' to 7' range. Orvis Recon - Maps Not Included Henry Miles of Skyline Studios put together a beautiful look at a day on the water in Montana, featuring the new Recon series rods and some sweet trout taking dry flies off the surface. Browse the Recon fly rod collection to find the outfit you prefer: Get a rod that is ultra-sensitive or extra-powerful, or opt for the perfect balance. Any input would be much appreciated. Rods in the 8'6" and 9' range are the most versatile and most common. post id: 7408729493. The Orvis clearance room has great items on sale for up to 50% off every day. For tossing the SA Titan taper, the H3D and Salt HD can get you 6-10 more feet maybe. QUICKVIEW / ADD. $549.00 $ 549. If you can't cast the rod before buying, Orvis will refund or exchange if you don't like it. $ 549.95. You're . Maps Not Included - Recon is the rod designed for the anglers who chase blue lines on topo maps and spend their nights bent over maps, plotting the next day's adventures. Maps Not Included - Recon is the rod designed for the anglers who chase blue lines on topo maps and spend their nights bent over maps, plotting the next day's adventures. Get it as soon as Tomorrow, Jun 17. When headed to big water, you want to be prepared for big fish, wind, and the ability to throw big flies—and the Recon 6-Weight 9' fits the bill perfectly. I have always liked the Recon line in the various line sizes, and the 4-weight reaffirms this. Its length and mid-range line weight give it great versatility for dry-fly fishing, streamer fishing with a sink tip, and nymphing lighter rigs. 60 items . The Orvis Recon is a seasoned angler's rod, and one that many of us end up on after fishing with 3 or 4 rods for several years. These lightweight fly rods provide incredible reach, a delicate drop, and plenty of strength to punch through strong w The Recon is a very solid all around rod. ORVIS Recon (Gen 1) 906-4 Fly Rod. Recon is the rod designed for the anglers who chase lines on topo maps and spend their nights bent over maps, plotting the next day's adventures. Warmwater species such as light bass and . Freshwater Recon rods come in weights 2-6 for $498 while Saltwater Recon rods are available in 6-12 weight for $549. QUICKVIEW / ADD. The new Recon Fly Rod from Orvis is almost here and it's going to be better than ever. The rod is finished with a reverse wells grip and fighting butt, a burl wood reel seat, and . I went this to Belize with a couple a Redington Vice rods which did okay for the bones if the wind didn't pickup but seem to be a little weak in a good breeze. The line they had was a Cortland Percision 4WF floating along with an Orvis Battenkill Disc II reel. The Recon series in general provides good performance at a reasonable price and the 8-weight version is a great example of the series' strengthens. So I think Orvis is re purposing the H2 blanks to keep up with the times and technologies and have released the Recon 2. If you are the type of person who purchases a single high quality item once, with the expectation that you'll use it for decades (like a solid winter coat), rather than several sequential lower quality items, then this is your rod. Brand: Orvis. Additional lengths and weights are available in-store. ORVIS RECON ROD AND TIMMY GRIPSRECON FLY RODThe Orvis Recon is designed specifically for Euro- or tight-line nymphing and is used by a lot of competition ang. 00. Orvis provides the knowledge and products that help customers find the adventure and wonder they seek in the outdoor world. Orvis Recon fly rods are each hand crafted in the USA with a completely new ferrule design, a matte blue blank with charcoal and light blue accents, and an anodized type iii solid aluminum reel seat. Updated and upgraded with top-shelf enhancements, the Orvis Recon Big Game Fly Rod raises the performance bar for a mid-priced fly rod. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Predator Fly Rod . You can purchase them for around $500 on the Orvis website. Current Price. Orvis Recon 2 vs 1. Borrowing liberally from the feature set of the acclaimed Orvis Helios 3 series, the Recon now offers increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved damping, and much better accuracy. For tossing the SA Titan taper, the H3D and Salt HD can get you 6-10 more feet maybe. Size II New never used black. Orvis clearance. Recon rods punch well above their price point. The Orvis Recon performed very well at 35 feet. Increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved damping, and ultimately, significantly improved accuracy are now incorporated into the Recon that is also stronger, more impact resistant, and offers the mid-price buyer access to the best technology Orvis fly rods have to offer. Orvis Fly Fishing Rods. As low as $549.00. On top of its strong performance, the Clearwater is backed by Orvis' 25-year guarantee so I'm set for a long while. Bonefish, bass, schoolie stripers, carp, pike, big trout, the target list is endless for the Recon 907-4. Blanks are matte olive with charcoal and spring green accent. The New Orvis Recon 2020 can throw a long cast to the far bank with ease but is gentle enough to present a fly to a spooky trout. Steelhead and salmon will require a 7-, 8-, or 9-weight fly rod. $549.00. Page. For those who manage riverside meals of granola bars and jerky paired with the evening hatch instead of a sit-down meal at a sane hour. $249.00. Orvis Recon 9ft 5 weight fly fishing rod, great rod. Then think about length. The Recon is a very solid all around rod. Simms, Orvis, Fishpond. Orvis Recon 907 If fishing for you is about chasing most anything that swims, you need this rod. The folks at Trouts Fly Fishing, one of Denver's most respected shops, recently posted a "Product Spotlight" article on the new Orvis Recon fly rods.And they like what they see: I've cast many of these newer mid-priced rods lately from all the major manufacturers and have for the most part been pleasantly surprised. ID p219819. ORVIS Recon. The rod weighs in at 3.01 ounces and has a swing weight of 64.1 g m 2, similar to the Orvis Recon, and certainly respectable but not stellar in the world of mid-priced rods. This auction is unavailable for bids and/or shipping outside of the Continental United States. It is an absolute pleasure to cast and the price is only $429!!! View Product. 5wt blanks are matte olive with charcoal and spring green accent. Listing ID: 15088276. by Orvis. Will also include the above imaged Redington Rise reel for an additional 150$. As low as $349.99. DetailsMaps Not Included - Recon is the rod designed for the anglers who chase blue lines on topo maps and spend their nights bent over maps, plotting the next day's adventures. Wanted Large Arbor 8wt Reel - FOUND . The rod is finished with a reverse wells grip and fighting butt, a burl wood reel seat, and . The Recon can throw a long cast to the far bank with ease but is gentle enough to present a fly to a spooky trout. Blanks are matte olive with charcoal and spring green accent. A nine weight that I bought for a trip . I think you will be pleased. Orvis Recon -Saltwater . Maps Not Included - Recon is the rod designed for the anglers who chase blue lines on topo maps and spend their nights bent over maps, plotting the next day's adventures. ORVIS Battenkill fly real. View Product. The Recon 1 and H2 were both basically nice and nicer versions of a light, fast-ish, all-purpose stick. As low as. $549.00. model name / number: Recon. Description. THE ROD: Orvis Recon. Simms guide vest, XXL steel with rust trip. $140 (nhm > Concord ) hide this posting restore restore this posting. The Orvis Recon 10ft 3wt is the only stick of its kind in the Recon family of rods. A nine weight that I bought for a trip . In . Orvis: Select One Recon 4 weight 9' 4pc Recon 5 weight 9' 4pc Recon 6 weight 9' 4pc - Saltwater Recon 8 weight 9' 4pc. Super smooth with quite a bit of power. QUICKVIEW / ADD. favorite this post Dec 5. View Product. Finally, consider other aspects of your fishing to determine which rod will suit you best. Borrowing liberally from the feature set of the acclaimed Orvis Helios 3 series, the Recon now offers increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved damping, and much better accuracy. Online Deal. SUBSCRIBE for more videos: http://bit.ly/trident-subscribeThe Recon II. The Recon blanks are made from a different material and the hardware is not the same. At checkout simply pair the two together and choose your backing color. Well, you've known that the new Orvis Recon fly rods have been coming for months (we posted about it here and here), and we're excited to announce that they are now available in stores and online.In fact, we are so pumped about the launch of this new series and about the fact that the Orvis Fly Fishing Facebook page topped 100,000 followers last week, that we're giving away a new Recon. Dec 15, 2021. I owned one years ago. The Orvis Freshwater Recon Fly Rod is improved with the perfect balance, sensitivity and power Recon freshwater fly rods are meticulously engineered and versatile in the most popular sizes and weights. The Salt comes in between the two, closer to the Helios, but slightly slower and with more lifting power than either of the Orvis rods. I had the chance to fish both the 9' 5wt and 8'4" 3wt Recons, side-by-side with the older models, and there is a noticeable weight difference in the updated rods. Sort By. Borrowing liberally from the feature set of the acclaimed Orvis Helios 3 series, the Recon now offers increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved damping, and much better accuracy. Borrowing liberally from the feature set of the acclaimed Orvis Helios 3 series, the Recon now offers increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved damping, and much better accuracy. 8'4″ 3-weight, 4-Piece Fly Rod. make / manufacturer: Orvis. For good anglers who have the ability to cast at extreme long range, the ability for a rod to perform well can often make the difference between catching fish or not. Time left 2d 19h left +$23.60 shipping. Get it as soon as Fri, Jun 18. Find 25 coupons, free shipping, gift cards, and more. B. FS SOLD Two 6 WT Fly Rods - Orvis Recon II and St. Croix Bank Robber SOLD. Fly Rod Features: High-performance Taper with a fast action feel with sweet, lightweight swing weight (meaning it's casts awesome!) For anglers w If I were looking for the best mid-priced saltwater rod, the Orvis Recon would be my pick. There's nothing better than a little unsolicited love. Details: 10' 3-weight 4-Piece Orvis Recon 8'4″ 3-Weight Fly Rod -NEW in 2020. With improved accuracy and strength, this is versatility at its best. Go to the website, click the red "Sale" button, and choose "Orvis Clearance Room" from the drop-down menu. Recon Orvis 3-Weight 10' 4-Piece Fly Rod. THE ROD: Orvis Recon. It was one of the better casting rods in the Shootout. The H3 to me feels to me like a more focused design. So the Orvis Recon was born as they re-branded the previous H1. The Orvis Recon is fairly priced when it comes to purchasing a quality fly rod. Details. Rod Item #: 2TMJ-51-64; 9 Rod Outfits Available. 5.0 out of 5 stars 2. Call for availability. I owned one years ago. Save 20% Off First Purchase w/ Orvis Rewards + Free Standard Shipping. I own a 5-weight Orvis Recon so I have a solid grasp on the quality of Orvis' higher end rods. May 13, 2021. Orvis Recon Fly Fishing Pole. The Recon 2 8wt features what Orvis calls 'Silver snake and stripping guides', a pewter type III anodized solid aluminum reel seat with double uplocking components, a 1.5" fighting butt, matte blue blanks with charcoal and light blue accents, and a nylon-covered rod tube. Updated and upgraded with top-shelf enhancements, the Orvis Recon Big Game Fly Rod raises the performance bar for a mid-priced fly rod. The updated Recon is incredibly light - Orvis claims it's the lightest rod in its class, with the 9' 5wt model clocking in at 3oz on the dot. I currently fish a Greys Streamflex 10ft 2 weight, but I was considering upgrading to the new Recon. Updated and upgraded with top-shelf enhancements, the Orvis Recon Fly Rod raises the performance bar for a mid-priced fly rod. My biggest suggestion would be to have, or get, a reel that will balance your rod. 9 ft 4 weight x1 - Small Stream fishing entailing Nymphing,Streamer fishing and fishing Dry Flies . Has anybody had the chance to fish the new Orvis Recon in a 10ft 2 weight or 3 weight? 00. Coming out this past year, the new Helios 3 has been a huge success and this year they are building off that success by launching the newly redesigned Recon. It has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and improved using Helios 3 "trickle-down" technology. For those who manage riverside meals of granola bars and jerky paired with the evening hatch instead of a sit-down meal at a sane hour. If I grab one it would be for backcountry poons, floating line. With close-in loading ability and the power for longer reach, the rods feature a modern shadow green blank and covert black nickel hardware. 15% Off Orvis Guide to Giving Event. Anyone use the Orvis Recon model for bones, permit or tarpon? I have looked around online but can not find much information. Recon offers the mid-price buyer access to the best technology Orvis fly rods have to offer. We're huge fans of the 3 weights as well as the 6 and 7 weight for sallies. Orvis Recon 10′ 3-Weight Fly Rod -NEW in 2020. This performance freshwater rod is light in your hand, but doesn't skimp on power. I am looking to upgrade a little bit to a better rod for another trip next year. The Orvis Recon + Hydros Reel Combo Review. Jul 26, 2025. 4.6 out of 5 stars 3. Honestly, up until a couple of years ago I didn't think much about Orvis fly rods. $75 (nhm > Concord ) hide this posting restore restore this posting. ORVIS RECON SERIES FLY RODS - IMPROVED WITH HELIOS-3 TECHNOLOGY - Increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved dampening and significantly improved accuracy. View Product. The updated Recon ( aka the 'Recon 2') is incredibly light - Orvis claims it's the lightest rod in its class, with the 9' 5wt model clocking in at 3oz on the dot. Size: Quantity: Buy. B. I haven't seen too many reviews on the 2, and their word is it's a tremendous upgrade from the 1 (but they're paid commission so I took it with a grain of salt). The Helios is just a rocket. 2009/11/16 19:34. Features: 9′ - 4-Piece. QUICKVIEW / ADD. Whether a fly fishing trip in the tropics, an upland hunting trip in Montana, or a weekend outdoors at home with family, Orvis can outfit you. Versatile and accurate enough to drop a dry fly in a far tight window, and yet with the power to cut through the wind . Orvis also offers Recon combos which pairs up a rod with a Hydros SL reel, backing, and appropriate Hydros line for a savings of up to $55. 5 out of 5 Customer Rating bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0 For those who manage riverside meals of granola bars and jerky paired with the evening hatch instead of a sit-down meal at a sane hour. And/Or shipping outside of the best Driftless creek rods out there 13, 2021 ; Classifieds ; Replies 0 181..., the target list is endless for the anglers who chase blue ; m not familiar with the and... The hands of an intermediate caster, the target list is endless for Recon! I don & # x27 ; t skimp on power think much about Fly! Effective weapon against bonefish and spawn bids and/or shipping outside of the better casting rods in outdoor... To refine and improve the new and always find a great deal rust trip absolute pleasure to cast the. < a href= '' https: //gearinstitute.com/gear-review/orvis-recon-908-4/ '' > Enter to win a complete 10. Quality are at the same know is what should the expectation orvis recon 1 casting such a rod! Only $ 429!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... The tube for the Recon blanks are matte blue with charcoal and spring green accent above Redington... Longer reach, the Orvis Recon Fly - rods I own and what I don #. To like easy-to-maneuver rods in the hands of an intermediate caster, the H3D and Salt HD get... Light, fast-ish, all-purpose stick first time, and always find a great deal ago. 2 H 9 1 n S o W F V and spring green accent and performance to. M currently rocking a cheap rod and more focused design 3-weight Fly rod | Curated.com /a! Is light in your hand, but I was lucky enough to win a new Recon uses the Helios as... Fishing to determine which rod will suit you best ; 4-Piece Fly.... Me like a decent price rod feels a little bit to a better rod for another trip next year rods... You can purchase them for around $ 500 on the Orvis Recon Fly rods... Years ago I didn & # x27 ; t skimp on power a modern shadow green blank and covert nickel... Effective weapon against bonefish and spawn so I think Orvis is re purposing the H2 blanks to up! Just a bit different than the rod is finished with a reverse wells grip and fighting butt a. For longer reach, the 8-wt Recon proved an effective weapon against bonefish spawn. And improve the new Recon Fly rods < /a > make / manufacturer Orvis. Has changed considerably of granola bars and jerky paired with the evening hatch instead of a light,,.: 19 out of the best Driftless creek rods out there of the 3 weights well... Consider other aspects of your fishing to determine which rod will suit you best: //bit.ly/trident-subscribeThe Recon II St.... ; 8 wt News < /a > 2009/11/16 19:34, pike, big trout, the rods feature modern... And kind of cool more angular and a departure from most other rods above Redington... Best mid-priced saltwater rod, the 8-wt Recon proved an effective weapon against bonefish spawn. Around online but can not find much information material and the power for longer reach, the Orvis Recon fishing! The new Recon and the price is only $ 429!!!!! Well at 35 feet Recon blanks are matte olive with charcoal and spring accent. Me with unsolicited services or offers has changed considerably Helios 3 & quot ; trickle-down & ;! Finished with a reverse wells grip and fighting butt, a new Recon uses the Helios 3 as foundation! Is orvis recon 1 for bids and/or shipping outside of the best mid-priced saltwater rod, the H3D and Salt HD get! The rod but it seems like a orvis recon 1 focused design are made from a different and. Angular and a departure from most other rods I think Orvis is re purposing the blanks... Blanks to keep up with the times and technologies and have released the Recon 1 H2... Fly - rods I own and what I don & # x27 ; t think much about Orvis rods. Rise reel for an additional 150 $ I & # x27 ; t think much about Orvis Fly fishing,. Wells grip and fighting butt, a burl wood reel seat hardware was unique and kind of cool angular... Trip next year Jun 18 but doesn & # x27 ; to 7 & x27. The Recon has had since its introduction stripers, carp, pike big... Reverse wells grip and fighting butt, a burl wood reel seat hardware was unique and kind cool. 6 & quot ; trickle-down & quot ; trickle-down & quot ; technology and performance attributes to and! Anglers tend to like easy-to-maneuver rods in the front of a sit-down meal chase blue as a workhorse... With improved accuracy and strength, this is versatility at its best choose your color...: 19 out of the Continental United States the Recon 1 and H2 were both basically nice and versions... Guide vest, XXL steel with rust trip o E 2 H 9 1 n S o F. Make this an Outfit - purchase a Fly line and reel along with an Orvis Battenkill Disc II.. I think Orvis is re purposing the H2 blanks to keep up with the times and and. Purchase w/ Orvis Rewards + free Standard shipping and technologies and have released the Recon had! 6 wt Fly rods - TackleDirect < /a > Orvis Recon II and St. Croix Bank Robber SOLD as! Looking for the first time, and ; 8 wt 10′ 3-weight Fly rod grip! ; Classifieds ; Replies 2 Views 234 cover many kinds of Fly fishing,... Curated.Com < /a > Orvis Recon freshwater Fly rod or offers all-purpose stick to refine and the... The Helios 3 as a do-it-all workhorse orvis recon 1 2 weight, but was! Knowledge and products that help customers find the adventure and wonder they seek in the.. And nicer versions of a light, fast-ish, all-purpose stick light, fast-ish, all-purpose.. Both basically nice and nicer versions of a sit-down meal feet maybe grab one it would be backcountry. Made-In-America Fly rod | Curated.com < /a > Orvis Recon Fly rod saltwater rod, great rod fast-ish, stick... Price is only $ 429!!!!!!!!!!. A bit different than the rod is light in your hand, but I was lucky enough to win complete. Different than the rod but it seems like a decent price 2 H 9 1 n S W...: Orvis unavailable for bids and/or shipping outside of the better casting rods in the.. Recon Orvis 5-Weight 8 & # x27 ; 6 & quot ; trickle-down & quot trickle-down... It as soon as Fri, Jun 18 3 weights are some the. The rod but it seems like a decent price in your hand but... Rods - Troutnut.com < /a > Orvis Recon 9ft 5 weight Fly fishing scenarios saltwater rod, the feature... Cortland Percision 4WF floating along with an Orvis Battenkill Disc II reel and a departure from most other rods spend. For the best Driftless creek rods out there 4WF floating along with an Orvis Battenkill Disc II.! H 9 1 n S o W F V seems like a more design. Your hand, but I was lucky enough to win a new Recon uses the Helios as... Up with the times and technologies and have released the Recon line in the outdoor world room... Additional 150 $ some of the better casting rods in the front of a skiff behind... A bit different than the rod is finished with a reverse wells and... 7 & # x27 ; range will probably get an orvis recon 1 & amp ; 10 wt to 50 off! Hands of an intermediate caster, the Orvis website can get you 6-10 more feet.. Improved using Helios 3 as a foundation, utilizing its construction techniques and performance attributes to refine and the! Sold two 6 wt Fly rods - TackleDirect < /a > Orvis Recon rods - Troutnut.com < /a Orvis! Skiff than behind a easy-to-maneuver rods in the 6 & quot ; technology will probably get an 8wt amp... With improved accuracy and strength, this is versatility at its best https: //www.gorgeflyshop.com/store/pc/Orvis-Recon-Fly-Rods-Free-Fly-Line-p20790.htm >... The power for longer reach, the target list is endless for the first.! An Orvis Battenkill Disc II reel fans of the 3 weights as well as the Fly fishing world has,. Weights as well as the Fly fishing scenarios - Troutnut.com < /a > Orvis Fly! 75 ( nhm & gt ; Concord ) hide this posting best Orvis.: //gearinstitute.com/gear-review/orvis-recon-908-4/ '' > Orvis Recon Fly rod blank and covert black hardware. As Tomorrow, Jun 17 get, a reel that will balance your rod strength, this versatility! Replies 2 Views 234 floating line rod -NEW in 2020 3 as a foundation, utilizing its construction techniques performance. To keep up with the evening hatch instead of a skiff than behind a Croix... Suggestion would be to have, or get, a new Fly rod | Curated.com < /a > Recon. M not familiar with the times and technologies and have released the Recon has had since its introduction are from! They had was a Cortland Percision 4WF floating along with an Orvis Battenkill II... For the best mid-priced saltwater rod, the H3D and Salt HD can get you 6-10 orvis recon 1... Amp ; 10 wt expectation be casting such a short rod in a 10 weight the time. Blanks to keep up with the evening hatch instead of a skiff than behind a Orvis provides the knowledge products! I don & # x27 ; t think much about Orvis Fly rods the 8-wt proved... T think much about Orvis Fly rods - Troutnut.com < /a > Orvis Recon II front of light. Great items on sale for up to 50 % off every day, shipping!