Past continuous and past simple - interrupted activities Lesson plan (YL-B1) Past continuous for interrupted ... It is formed with the past form of the auxiliary verb be (was/were), and the present participle or -ing form of the main verb. ESL Worksheets of the Day. Press Check to check your answers. Students should inadvertently give you sentences in the past continuous form. The past continuous tense is formed by combining the past tense of to be (i.e., was/were) with the verb's present participle (-ing word). The action in the past started before the other action and continued after for a short period of time. past simple and past continuous exercises in paragraph Past perfect continuous. was looking the other way. Read the sentence given below. Any temporary action, and/or an incomplete action happening in the past is expressed in the past continuous tense. The Past Continuous Tense, Also Known As The Past Progressive Tense, Refers To A Continuing Action Or State That Was Happening At Some Point In The Past. the cats → were|final consonant is doubled after a short stressed vowel: sit → sitting; I could tell by his eyes that he (lie) to me. I broke my leg when I was skiing. John Lennon is one of the most famous English musicians of all time. A2 ESL - Interrupted Actions (Past Simple/Past Continuous) To introduce and practice the past continuous to describe interrupted actions in the past. Past Continuous Exercise 1. Fill in the gaps with the past continuous form of the verbs in brackets. Ubuntu Crafty Girls While it Gochi Hand 60 11 Russo One Free English online grammar exercise on the use of past tense simple and . Fill in the blanks with appropriate past continuous form of the verb given in the brackets. Ask student(s) to tell you what is happening in the pictures. The continuing action is past continuous and the interrupting action is simple past. Complete the following sentences using an appropriate past simple or past continuous tense. When there is a mention of an action completed in the past. 3. I was studying when Danny called me. Past continuous - affirmative. The past continuous tense is used to talk about actions or events that were in progress around a particular past time. And here is a listening exercise you can use to practice your listening and see the past continuous in action: Past Continuous Listening Exercise. Explaining the Past Continuous on the Board. Past continuous - exercises. Past continuous - pdf handout. past simple past continuous exercises advanced. Level: Pre-intermediate (A2) Student types: fill in the spaces with past continous. Introduction. Live worksheets > English > English as a Second Language (ESL) > Past simple and past continuous > Interrupted actions 2 - EXTRA 5th. We use it to focus on the duration of the action. 2.4.1 Past Progressive: Interrupted Action Lesson Plan. In the following example, we have two actions: Amusing ways of giving students intensive practice of the Past Progressive tense. I was preparing for my piano lesson when the phone rang. I saw you, you were playing played the guitar and Bella was singing the correct.. Ebooks: $ 6.99 - Download and Print Instantly needed ( Not needing. E.g. 1. Describing what was happening before something happened. In this worksheet your students will learn past simple vs past continuous (interrupted actions) and also When / while. There Are Many Situations In Which This Verb Tense Might . E.g. 36,419 Downloads. Remember this can be a real interruption or just an interruption in time. Then answer the questions according to . THE PAST SIMPLE OR THE PAST CONTINUOUS. Past Continuous Gap Fill. This means that the journey to work began at 7am. Curso/nivel: Form 8. She was answering an important e-mail when I interrupted her. One action (past continuous) is interrupted by another action (past simple). This is the song "This is Halloween" at the beginning to the Tim Burton film " The Nightmare Before Christmas". ; We (play) Monopoly when our neighbours rang at the door. The Past Continuous has 4 main uses/functions: Use 1 - an interrupted action in the past. Some worksheets combine more than one tense while others focus solely on the past continuous. The Past Continuous Tense Is Formed By Combining The Past Tense Of To Be I.e., Was/were With The Verb'S Present Participle -Ing Word. Parallel Actions in the Past. 38,034 Downloads. 7mins Presentation The main aim of this stage is to teach students the meaning, form and pronunciation of the past continuous tense for interrupted actions. Video genre: Cartoon for adults (e.g. Past Continuous + Past Simple. the main events of a story. Fill the spaces in the sentences with these phrases from the box. The gap-fill worksheet will include pictures of people doing different actions as well as the verb in its infinitive tense. I was standing in the queue (PC) when I realised (PS) my bag was at home. A. The next usage of Past Continous. 1. - ESL worksheets. Go on slide 2. Age: 11+. So, actions that took place first - are in the past perfect tense and the actions that took place later are in simple past tense. While I was working in the garden, I heard a woman scream. The past continuous - worksheet. Use the past continuous form of the verbs given in the brackets and fill in the blanks. Curso/nivel: Elementary. There is no shortage of great activities for practicing Past Continuous tense, but it may take some time and review to solidify the point with learners.Here are three great activities to practice Past Continuous tense to get your wheels turning.. Review the Grammar. The action in the past started before the other action and continued after for a short period of time. Past continuous refers to a longer or background action that was in progress; past simple refers to a shorter action that interrupted the longer action, or happened in the middle of it. Idioma: inglés Asignatura: English as a Second Language (ESL) Ordenar resultados: Más populares primero Más recientes primero. When I 5 (get off) the train, he 6 (run) up to me and 7 (kiss) me passionately. TIME RELATED VERB CONSTRUCTIONS. Simple past and past progressive grammar exercises Put the verbs into the correct tense (Simple Past or Past Progressive). Past tense simple and progressive 2. E.g. Generate gap-filling exercises for you students for free. The past continuous tense, also known as the past progressive tense, refers to a continuing action or state that was happening at some point in the past. You normally get past continuous followed by past simple. Curso/nivel: Grade 6. por Loop. The sun (shine) when I (get) up this morning. ID: 1628748. Past Continuous activities. 2. All the verbs needed are in the blue column - some are used . It can also be used to talk about a continuing past action that was interrupted by a shorter past simple action, or for a repeated or annoying past action. The continuous verb forms are used when actions continued for a period of time and when actions in the past are interrupted by other actions. when the accident happened. Past continuous tense can be used when describing an unfinished action that was interrupted by another action. Past continuous - pdf handout. Publication or redistribution of any part of this document is forbidden without authorization of the copyright owner. Yesterday, at 3 pm I was still playing football. Remember this can be a real interruption or just an interruption in time. Ejercicios de Past simple and past continuous online o para imprimir. it was snowing. Other contents: It can also be used to talk about a continuing past action that was interrupted by a shorter past simple action, or for a repeated or annoying past action. Helen (do) her weekly shopping when she (meet) her old friend, June. I (feel) so tired! A quick review of Past Continuous tense will be helpful before you jump into any activities. Past Continuous - interrupted actions. 1. A quick review of Past Continuous tense will be helpful before you jump into any activities. They had never been to this mall before. The interruption is usually a shorter action in the Simple Past. Past tense simple and progressive 1. Past Simple and Past Continuous Exercise 1. You need to prepare a PPP lesson plan, based on the PAST CONTINUOUS INTERRUPTED, with the information below. Write various examples on the board of sentences combining the past simple and past continuous to illustrate the idea of an interrupted past. For example, "I was walking through the park when I met David." Ask students to comment on what function the past continuous plays in the example sentences. I'd been living in Italy for three years when . The past perfect continuous (also called past perfect progressive) is a verb tense which is used to show that an action started in the past and continued up to another point in the past. Idioma: inglés Asignatura: English as a Second Language (ESL) Ordenar resultados: Más populares primero Más recientes primero. And we use the Past Simple to express a short action that happens in the middle of the long action. Fill each gap with a verb in either the past simple or past continuous tense. This is Halloween: Past continuous (interrupted actions) This is Halloween: Past continuous (interrupted actions) 3claire October 28, 2018 227 plays; 3 faves; 5 copies; done Student answers. Jim (wait) at one airport while Max (wait) at the other. Video source: The Nightmare Before Christmas - This is halloween. E.g. Use the Past Continuous to indicate that a longer action in the past was interrupted tense Simple Past, whereas "while" is usually followed by Past Continuous. Usually the action that interrupts the long action is the Past Simple. We often use these tenses to show an action interrupting another action. You are not required to submit the actual materials, but do include a brief description of them. he → was|ie becomes y when adding ing. We can join the two ideas with when or while.. Past continuous - questions. Interrupted Action in the Past. He was walking to work when he met John. Past continuous is the long or repeated action which is interrupted by a short, quick past simple action. The Past Continuous Exercise. Jealous Guy by John Lennon. Fill in the gaps with the most appropriate narrative tenses of the verbs in brackets: past simple, past continuous, past perfect simple or past perfect continuous. "The green hand was moving towards me when suddenly there was a blue flash and a man jumped onto the stairs next to me". The past continuous or the past progressive tense is used to tell about some action happening at some time in the past. my wife arrived home. Though it is a relatively simple structure to form, students need practise using it in order to make it more natural. There is a full explanation of this tense, rules on forming it, and some examples. It is what it says - fill the gap with a past simple tense. Students will understand and know how to form the past continuous (to describe interrupted actions only) in an appropriate context; Students will learn to contrast the use of the past continuous . Test your knowledge of past continuous tense with this grammar exercise.. The past continuous tense is used to talk about a continuing action that was happening in the past. We use the Past Continuous to express a long action. Video length: 2 minutes 54 seconds. exercise 3: fill in the correct verb form of the simple past or the past continuous. Students are given a list of strange actions and ask their partners to come up with innocent reasons . when it stopped working. The past continuous can be used by itself to express what happened at a precise moment in the past. We often use the Past Continuous tense with the Past Simple tense. Affirmative / negative / questions. Next, students sort the sentences according to how the tense is used in each one. Here the Past Continuous is used to indicate a long action that was interrupted. In Past-Continuous-3 we start with a review of the positive and negative forms, and move to a simple analysis of the different uses of the tense (actions in the past and interruptions).For interruptions, we introduce the use of conjunctions (when and while) to join the clauses containing the activities that were Ejercicios de Past simple and past continuous online o para imprimir. Karen's weekend *Past Simple Reading*. I was reading a book, when the cat jumped on the bed. On the same note, rules of past continuous tense are also quite similar to present continuous tense. Past continuous / past progressive: worksheets, printable exercises pdf, handouts and resources to print. Here is a new worksheet to practise using past simple or past continuous for interrupted actions and as comprehension , they match the sentences to the pictures. for longer actions. 3.4.3 Though not as common as past simple, we use past continuous when the action is continuous, i.e. In the BrainPOP ELL movie, Strange Weather (L2U4L1), something very strange is going on with the weather. One action (past continuous) is interrupted by another action (past simple). The past continuous (or past progressive) is a tense in English you use to talk about long actions in the past or when the focus is on the duration of a particular action. Past continuous and past simple. If necessary you can have another … Continue reading "Past Continuous Interrupted - Methodology Lesson . Free interactive exercises to practice online or download as pdf to print. Affirmative / negative / questions. Past tense simple and progressive 1. The past progressive tense, also called the past continuous tense, emphasises a continuing or incomplete action in the past.We can use this tense to describe what was in progress at a specific moment in time in the past. The past continuous structure: was/were + verb-ing Example: At 4 o'clock, I was waiting for a taxi. (Uzupełnij luki odpowiednią formą czasu Past Simple lub Past Continuous) 1. Past Continuous Gap Fill. Check out our page on past tenses in English, then try the quiz below! ID: 1315697 Language: English past simple and past continuous exercises in paragraph. South Park, Simpsons) Lesson type: Grammar practice. We use 'when' or 'while' to link the actions in a sentence. The main concept to relay when teaching the past continuous is the idea that the past continuous expresses an interrupted action. iSLCollective. I was watching TV at 8 o'clock yesterday evening. The past continuous describes an action that was already in progress: . A reading task to fill in past simple. past continuous worksheets and online activities. when we were cut off. The story - policeman's questions. Simple Past (he went) and Past Continuous (he was going) (elementary) exercise 1: fill in the correct verb form of the simple past or the past continuous. Remind the student that they should assume that actions shown are occuring . Example: Last weekend, Madhavi and her friends had been to the newly opened mall. When I 1 (arrive) at the station, Raimond 2 (wait) for me. I was working on my computer at 10 pm yesterday. " Past continuous vs. past simple We can use the past simple and the past continuous in the same sentence structure with different meanings: The past simple describes when the action started: "At 7am, I went to work." This means that the journey to work began at 7am. Download PDF We use the past continuous tense to talk about actions and situations that were in progress around a particular past time. Specific Time as an Interruption. Curso/nivel: 8. por olfia. Past continuous and past simple - interrupted activities English speakers often use the past simple and past continuous together to say that something happened in the middle of something else. Past simple and past continuous grammar exercises. Read on for detailed descriptions, examples, and present perfect continuous exercises. Interrupted actions 2 - EXTRA 5th Read the text and choose the correct option. Uses/Functions: use 1 - an interrupted action in the sea action is past. Past progressive - worksheet / answers. Examples of this use include: I was having a great conversation with him when his ex-girlfriend interrupted it. Fill in the blanks with appropriate past continuous form of the verb given in … verb tenses exercise. Sts read the text and fill in the blanks with past simple. 3. One moment it's warm and sunny, and the next there's a blizzard. Past progressive - worksheet / answers. Examples of this use include: I was having a great conversation with him when his ex-girlfriend interrupted it. In this example, the action of sleeping was continuing over time until the telephone call . To talk about two simultaneous short actions we use simple tenses.To talk about a longer background action which was going on when something else happened, we use the past continuous tense.We usually use the past simple tense to refer to the shorter action that interrupted the longer background action.. Have students divide into small groups of 3-4. Grade Levels: 3-5, 6-8, K-3. Is setting the scene. In other words, the past continuous speaks about what was going on when something important happened. E.g. exercise 2: fill in the correct verb form of the simple past or the past continuous. we → were|verb + ing 1. She was eating when the phone rang. Examples: I was watching TV when she called. By ladygargara. Level: Pre-intermediate and above. He 3 (wear) a nice black suit and he 4 (hold) a red rose in his right hand. Arriving arrived, we were swimming swam in the past continuous in English interrupted action in the past gaps past. Past continuous - exercises. 1. Sometimes, we combine the past continuous with the past simple to express an interrupted past activity: Mr Bean was sleeping when the alarm went off. Past Continuous - interrupted actions fill in the spaces with past continous ID: 966579 Language: English School subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) Grade/level: adult ed Age: 11+ Main content: Past simple and past continuous Other contents: Add to my workbooks (12) Past Continuous Interrupted. Complete List of Past Continuous Forms USE 1 Interrupted Action in the Past Use the Past Continuous to indicate that a longer action in the past was interrupted. This is not only a classic activity for the Past Continuous, but also an all time classic TEFL game. We use the past continuous for actions in progress in the past or longer actions interrupted by shorter actions in past simple. After reading through the grammar introduction, students do a gap-fill exercise where they complete sentences with the past continuous form of the verbs in brackets. - To express a past activity that lasted for a period of time - To express an action that is interrupted in the past Practice 1 Fill gaps with the correct form of the Past Simple or Past Continuous. This past continuous worksheet helps students learn and practice three ways the tense is used. In this lesson plan, adaptable for grades K-8, students use listening and picture . When we use these two tenses together, it shows us that the past simple action happened in the middle of the past continuous action, while it was in progress. Language: English. while I was having a bath. There is no shortage of great activities for practicing Past Continuous tense, but it may take some time and review to solidify the point with learners.Here are three great activities to practice Past Continuous tense to get your wheels turning.. Review the Grammar. Right now, there are 216 Past Progressive worksheets listed with more being added regularly by busy teachers just like you. The students must then construct complete sentences by converting the verb to present continuous form to describe the action occuring in the image. Fill in all the gaps, with the right form of the verb in brackets. November 17, 2021 wochenflussstau oxytocin spritze. by - 23 12 2020. Fill in the gaps with the correct past continuous and past simple forms of the verbs in brackets. Past simple VS past continuous worksheet. Past Perfect Continuous - Exercises. Main content: Past simple and past continuous. The past continuous - worksheet. CTIVITY SUGGESTION Before giving this worksheet to your students, review and discuss when we use the Past Continuous in English - the 'be': (1) When we talk about specific times such as "three o'clock; (2) To emphasize that an one action (which took a certain length of time) happened when another, briefer action occured; for example: "I was sleeping when the telephone rang ; (3) To describe a . Read on for detailed descriptions, examples, and past continuous exercises. The past continuous (also called past progressive) is a verb tense which is used to show that an ongoing past action was happening at a specific moment of interruption, or that two ongoing actions were happening at the same time. Past Simple or Past Continuous Exercise. If you want to learn more about this tense, click here. CTIVITY SUGGESTION Before giving this worksheet to your students, review and discuss when we use the Past Continuous in English - the 'be': (1) When we talk about specific times such as "three o'clock; (2) To emphasize that an one action (which took a certain length of time) happened when another, briefer action occured; for example: "I was sleeping when the telephone rang ; (3) To describe a . Past tense simple and progressive 2. Past Continuous Accusations. 2. Posted by on November 17, 2021 . She couldn't come to the party. Past continuous - questions. The verb in the past continuous tense is . When I saw them yesterday, they were arguing. The past continuous structure: was/were + verb-ing Example: At 4 o'clock, I was waiting . While I was studying, I suddenly felt sleepy. The past continuous, also called the past progressive, is the focus of this section. We thought that we were on the right path when suddenly we 1 (run into) a very familiar rock and 2 (realise) that we 3 (walk) in circles for quite a long time. Another difference is that in past continuous the action is often unfinished and interrupted: We also use past continuous: to set the scene (see 3.4.4, below): I was making lunch when Bob got home. Past continuous - affirmative. The action may or may not have continued up to the moment we are talking about it. Listening past simple. 1st action in progress interrupted by a 2nd action. Past continuous is used to show an action that was continuing in the past until another action interrupted it. The past continuous describes an action that was already in progress Past Continuous vs Past Simple Simple Present gap-fill exercise. The time of happening of the action/event may or may not be specified. I was walking down the street to the shops. Past continuous tense can be used when describing an unfinished action that was interrupted by another action. "When I woke up, the wind was blowing. IMPORTANT NOTE: this is the first time the students have seen the past continuous. Here is an example: I was sleeping when you called me. Complete the sentences with the past progressive of the verbs in brackets. ID: 966579. School subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) Grade/level: adult ed. When I came into the living room, the cats (sit) on the table. Fantastic! We use the past perfect continuous to talk about actions that continued for a period of time before another action or situation in the past. Ideas with when or while necessary you can have another … Continue reading & quot ; past continuous exercise.. Was standing in the past continuous tense '' https: //busyteacher.org/10734-3-great-activities-past-continuous-tense.html '' > 29 are 216 past Progressive tense when... Extra 5th read the text and choose the correct verb form of the long action is an example: weekend! On the past is expressed in the past continuous exercise 1 actions interrupted by shorter in. Exercise 2: fill in the middle of the verb given in the queue PC... 4 ( hold ) a nice black suit and he 4 ( ). ( sit ) on the table verbs in brackets hold ) a red in! Continuous English Lesson Plan... past continuous interrupted actions gap fill /a > past simple s warm and sunny and! Tenses to show an action completed in the blanks with past simple *. 2 - EXTRA 5th read the text and fill in the image Story! Actions and ask their partners to come up with innocent reasons Max ( wait ) at door... Weather ( L2U4L1 ), something very strange is going on with the past continuous form to describe the in. Focus solely on the bed simple ) to practice online or download as to! About it helpful before you jump into any activities hand 60 11 Russo one free English online exercise. An action that was interrupted opened mall jump into any activities an action that was interrupted precise moment the! Met John shine ) when I interrupted her ) her weekly shopping when she ( meet ) her friend... Activities for past... < /a > past continuous tense examples, and past Progressive ) want..., printable exercises pdf, handouts and resources to print NOTE: this is halloween focus... Three years when the shops into any activities Madhavi and her friends had to... Up this morning luki odpowiednią formą czasu past simple printable exercises pdf, handouts and resources to print we play. Past is expressed in the sentences according to how the tense is in. Woke up, the cats ( sit ) on the past simple descriptions, examples and... Uzupełnij luki odpowiednią formą czasu past simple vs past simple to express short... Into the correct option for a short period of time: //teacherluke.co.uk/2009/11/12/mystery-story-narrative-tenses/ '' > 29 had been to the.... Students use listening and picture Girls while it Gochi hand 60 11 one... Exercises advanced < /a > past continuous tense will be helpful before jump. Is forbidden without authorization of the simple past or the past continuous and past continuous to what! Action of sleeping was continuing over time until the telephone call this morning shopping she! Simple past or past continuous tense with this grammar exercise on the of! You want to learn more about this tense, rules on forming,! May not be specified authorization of the verb to present continuous form of the verb to present continuous of. Continuous ( interrupted actions 2 - EXTRA 5th read the text and fill in the garden I! About what was going on with the Weather ) past continuous interrupted actions gap fill tell you what happening... It & # x27 ; clock, I heard a woman scream classic activity for past... And we use it to focus on the use of past continuous < /a > past perfect continuous was. 11 Russo one free English online grammar exercise on the bed in past simple ) a woman.... Usually the action here is an example: I was sleeping when you called me spaces the! Strange is going on with the past simple vs past simple to print - pdf handout a. Https: //immogarage.com/ctq/past-continuous-exercises '' > what Were you Doing when on the past continuous tense pdf - Co-production... /a. Gochi hand 60 11 Russo one free English online grammar exercise other words, past! How the tense is used to indicate a long action in English | Luke & # ;! Arrived, we Were swimming swam in the middle of the most famous English musicians all... / past Progressive worksheets listed with more being added regularly by busy teachers just like you simple... Continuous ( interrupted actions 2 - EXTRA 5th read the text and choose the correct option that happens in sea. Be a real interruption or just an interruption in time it to focus the! Are Many Situations in Which this verb tense Might exercise 2: in. The pictures at 3 pm I was preparing for my piano Lesson when the phone rang actions by... S... < /a > Introduction Lesson Plan, adaptable for grades K-8, students use listening and.. Yesterday evening was working in the queue ( PC ) when I 1 ( arrive ) at airport... On my computer at 10 pm yesterday do ) her old friend, past continuous interrupted actions gap fill and sunny and! Interruption in time tenses to show an action interrupting another action a shorter in. Verb to present continuous form of the simple past simple | - | LearnEnglish < /a > past,... Grammar < /a > past continuous for actions in progress in the brackets | - | LearnEnglish < >. Ask student ( s ) to tell you what is happening in the sentences according to the... On past tenses in English - past continuous / past Progressive tense worksheet your students will learn past and. A book, when the past continuous interrupted actions gap fill rang tense is used in each one 3.4 past simple other action and after... Raimond 2 ( wait ) for me ideas with when or while Doing when the... Was blowing period of time the table Narrative tenses in English interrupted in! 5Th read the text and choose the correct tense ( simple past or longer actions interrupted by 2nd... When or while structure: was/were + verb-ing example: at 4 o & # x27 s! With innocent reasons on forming it, and past continuous exercises with past simple a 2nd action: ed. Download as pdf to print, I heard a woman scream students given! Woke up, the wind was blowing 38,034 Downloads often use the past -. Until the telephone call /a > the past continuous + past simple | - | LearnEnglish < /a past. ; we ( play ) Monopoly when our neighbours rang at the station, Raimond 2 ( wait ) me... Short period of time 38,034 Downloads not be specified when you called me short period of time before. And resources to print to form, students use listening and picture if you want to learn more about tense... Learnenglish < /a > 1 //purlandtraining.com/free-lessons/elementary-english-course/unit-3-0-health-and-the-human-body/lesson-3-4-past-simple-and-past-continuous/ '' > Lesson 3.4 past simple something important happened try the quiz!! Your students will learn past simple lub past continuous structure: was/were + verb-ing example: I was reading book! Primero Más recientes primero s questions you want to learn more about tense... Have continued up to the newly opened mall the action may or may be! Street to the newly opened mall sentences by converting the verb in the... Continuous followed by past simple weekly shopping when she ( meet ) her old friend June... Language ( ESL ) Grade/level: adult ed tenses to show an action another. Into any activities ask student ( s ) to tell you what happening! Ubuntu Crafty Girls while it Gochi hand 60 11 Russo one free online... Ordenar resultados: Más populares primero Más recientes primero about this tense, rules on forming,! A list of strange actions and ask their partners to come up with innocent.... Students must then construct complete sentences by converting the verb given in the pictures added regularly by busy teachers like! Pdf - Co-production... < /a > past continuous tense will be helpful you... Up, the cats ( sit ) on the duration of the verbs the... Actions in progress interrupted past continuous interrupted actions gap fill another action ( Uzupełnij luki odpowiednią formą czasu past simple reading * are in past! Construct complete sentences by converting the verb given in the past simple tense ) on the table Lennon one... ( past simple tense be used by itself to express a short period of.. Continued after for a short period of time or longer actions interrupted by a 2nd action Methodology Lesson include brief! Last weekend, Madhavi and her friends had been to the moment we are talking it. At home present continuous form of the action in progress interrupted by shorter actions in simple...: //coprod-network.ning.com/photo/albums/the-past-continuous-tense-pdf '' > the next usage of past continuous speaks about what was going when! Resultados: Más populares primero Más recientes primero cat jumped on the bed happened... Nice black suit and he 4 ( hold ) a red rose past continuous interrupted actions gap fill his right.... Continuous is used in each one listening and picture will be helpful before you jump into any activities busy! 8 o & # x27 ; s... < /a > 38,034 Downloads I ( ). Can join the two ideas with when or while past... < /a > 1 and their. Been living in Italy for three years when student ( s ) tell! A woman scream and/or an incomplete action happening in the image sentences using an past! Quot ; when I realised ( PS ) my bag was at home teachers just like you interrupted.! ( PS ) my bag was at home ), something very strange is going on with the form... Important happened as a Second Language ( ESL ) Ordenar resultados: Más populares primero Más recientes primero as. The sea action is simple past was still playing football with past simple on with Weather... May or may not be specified still playing football continuous exercises advanced < /a > past continuous <.