I'm not plain Jane, I'm Jane on the plane, whenever possible - preferably heading somewhere culturally stimulating. She was known for playing Jane Harris - a role she took on in 1986 - and she was known as Plain Jane Superbrain. Years active. I could quite happily see them both dead. Mother - Mrs. Granger 1988 Episode 863 - 23 November 1988 Episode 864 - 24 November 1988 Episode 867 - 29 November 1988 Episode 870 - 2 December 1988 Episode 871 - 5 December 1988 Episode 874 - 8 December 1988 Episode 875 - 9 December 1988 Episode 876 - 12 December 1988 1989 Episode 877 - 17 January 1989 Episode 879 - 19 January 1989 Episode 883 - 25 January 1989 Episode 889 - 2 February 1989 . Absolutely. Plain Jane Superbrain Is Returning to Neighbours ... Who is 'Plain Jane Superbrain' Harris in Neighbours, when ... Mark Granger | Neighbours Soap Opera Wiki | Fandom A fun loving Mom with a naughty side, I could be your neighbor Top 2.9% of all creators. Where do they get off, acting holier than thou and shouting at Chloe when Jane's precious daughter SOLD a fraudulent baby, went back on a surrogacy agreement and are now both acting like victims, whilst the boys are told off for not licking Nic's toes in . Plain Jane's Neighbours return marks Jones' return to acting, after years of putting her career on the backburner to care full-time for her mother, who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in the mid-90s. Digital Spy now has a newsletter - sign up to get it sent straight . 'Jane is returning to her old neighbourhood and bringing with her an insight into what her life away from Ramsay Street has been like for the past 30 years,' Annie said in an official statement. Jane was one of the best-known Neighbours characters during her original run between 1986 and 1989, appearing in storylines alongside Scott and Charlene. The character was around in the soap's golden Scott and Charlene era . She was teased and called "plain Jane the super brain". Home And Away. April 12, 2017. She is the granddaughter of the late Mrs Mangel. Mark Granger | Neighbours Soap Opera Wiki | Fandom Jane Harris is a fictional character from the Australian soap opera Neighbours, played by Annie Jones.She debuted on-screen during the episode broadcast on 31 July 1986 and was created by writer Ray Kolle. "On Christmas Eve we would collect the presents from our neighbours' house, arrange them in the living room and head back to bed - the kids never found out and couldn't believe what we'd been doing when we finally told them!" Hidden in plain sight. Annie Jones arrived on Ramsay Street as Neighbours favourite Jane Harris in 1986, winning fans' hearts across the globe.. Jane was the geeky friend of Charlie Mitchell, played by Kylie Minogue, and even won herself the infamous nickname 'Plain Jane Superbrain' with her bookish ways. Which TV character do (or did) you have a crush on? - Page 4 The 52-year-old actress starred in the Australian soap opera as schoolgirl 'Plain Jane Superbrain' Harris back in the 1980s, alongside Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan and Guy Pierce.. Jones left the show in 1989 and put her acting career on hold for 20 years to care for her mother Elizabeth after . But have you seen the Australian actor Annie Jones since the days of Jane Harris? Soaps. Jane wows Mike in Neighbours The now 49-year-old portrayed the role of "Plain Jane Superbrain" between 1986 and 1989 and returned to the show in 2005 to make a cameo in the 20th anniversary . She was teased and called "plain Jane the super brain". She played Jane 'Plain Jane Superbrain' Harris on Neighbours way back in 1986, but now, Aussie TV legend Annie Jones is returning to Ramsay Street once again! Neighbours' Annie Jones is back as Jane after putting career on hold for two decades. The student was nicknamed 'Plain Jane . Plain Jane Super-Brain, of course, made the amazing transformation from school nerd to glamorous supermodel, just by taking off her glasses, and wearing her hair down. Awards. Do you remember the super geeky Plain Jane from Neighbours? Neighbours spoilers - Rafael exits, Mishti is rushed to hospital and Plain Jane Superbrain makes a comeback This week Rafael makes his exit while Plain Jane Superbrain returns to Ramsay Street . She was known for playing Jane Harris - a role she took on in 1986 - and she was known as Plain Jane Superbrain. Silver Logie Award for Most Popular Actress on Australian Television. What happened to Plain Jane superbrain from Neighbours? Jane Harris is a fictional character from the Australian soap opera Neighbours, played by Annie Jones.She debuted on-screen during the episode broadcast on 31 July 1986 and was created by writer Ray Kolle. Shane Connor played which Scully family patriarch on "Neighbours"? Jane thinks this is absolutely the wrong move as they'll come to regret it, and she lets them know it, which of course doesn't go down well. Craig Mclachlan. Annie became one of Australia's biggest stars when she played Jane all those years . Do you remember the super geeky Plain Jane from Neighbours? Annie Jones left Neighbours in 1989 and the 53-year-old has given the heartbreaking reason as to why. Throughout her time on the soap, she held the nickname "Plain Jane Superbrain" for her early intelligent yet geeky image. "It was a crazy time, I must admit, but I made a lot of dear friends from that period. Neighbours has been teasing fans for a few years with a sprinkling of appearances from iconic character Jane Harris. Jane, gifted academically and a sought after fashion model for a time, has spent the last twenty-nine years looking after Mrs Mangel. "There was a time in the late 80s when a Jane appeared on 'Neighbours'. Throughout her time on the soap, she held the nickname "Plain Jane Superbrain" for her early intelligent yet geeky image. Neighbours star Annie Jones is returning to Ramsay Street after taking a 20 year career break.. Jane Macdougall is a freelance writer and former National Post columnist who lives in Vancouver. Jones would become a household name with her character of "Plain Jane" in long running Australian TV soap Neighbours (1985) where she would reprise the role of Jane in the 2018 season of Neighbours after leaving the series in 1989. Neighbours' icon Annie Jones is back as 'Plain Jane Superbrain' after putting her career on hold for 20 years to care for her mother who had Alzheimer's. Annie starred as 'Plain Jane Superbrain . Jones is married to TV director Paul Moloney. Karen Martin. Mother - Mrs. Granger 1988 Episode 863 - 23 November 1988 Episode 864 - 24 November 1988 Episode 867 - 29 November 1988 Episode 870 - 2 December 1988 Episode 871 - 5 December 1988 Episode 874 - 8 December 1988 Episode 875 - 9 December 1988 Episode 876 - 12 December 1988 1989 Episode 877 - 17 January 1989 Episode 879 - 19 January 1989 Episode 883 - 25 January 1989 Episode 889 - 2 February 1989 . The 52-year-old actress starred in the Australian soap opera as schoolgirl 'Plain Jane Superbrain' Harris back in the 1980s, alongside Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan and Guy Pierce.. Jones left the show in 1989 and put her acting career on hold for 20 years to care for her mother Elizabeth after . Iconic Jane, who was in Neighbours back in the 80s with . The student was nicknamed 'Plain Jane . Jane's feisty daughter Nicolette Stone! Much excitement surrounds the return of Jane Harris to Neighbours after almost 30 years today (bar a cameo in 2005). She went on to win a Silver Logie for Most Popular . She has won two Logie Awards . The 52-year-old actress starred in the Aussie soap opera as schoolgirl 'Plain Jane Superbrain' Harris back in the 1980s, alongside Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan and Guy Pierce. Adelaide, South Australia, Australia. We all loved her with her huge specks and her smarts. Neighbours legend Annie Jones is returning to her role as Jane Harris - aka Plain Jane Superbrain - for the first time in three decades. April 12, 2017. How old is plain Jane Neighbours? Best Tv Shows. Jane's life hangs in the balance following a fall, as shown on Neighbours in the UK and Australia. Jones originally auditioned for the role of Charlene Mitchell (Kylie Minogue), but she was not successful.This prompted Jones to telephone the producers for two months asking for a role in . #Neighbours 34 years ago we met 'Plain Jane Superbrain' and our love for her throughout the years has not changed - especially after she punched Sue. Honestly, in regards to Jane and Nic, where the hell is someone like Finn when you need him? I moved away from Connecticut, but 20 years later, my neighbours and I haven't lost touch. "There was a time in the late 80s when a Jane appeared on 'Neighbours'. I'm not plain Jane, I'm Jane on the plane, whenever possible - preferably heading somewhere culturally stimulating. Neighbours 'Plain Jane Superbrain' Harris hasn't been seen in over a decade but now she's back to rectify her past. Neighbours: Toadie Rebecchi bumps into Russell Brand. Neighbours star Annie Jones is returning to Ramsay Street after taking a 20 year career break.. We all loved her with her huge specks and her smarts. Louise Allen. With the news of Neighbours actress Annie Jones (53) return to Ramsay Street, as a cast regular for the first time in 30 years, she tells us of the lessons learned from caring for her much-loved mum, and the joy of being back on the hit Aussie soap. When Mrs Mangel started battling health problems while living overseas, Jane was forced to suddenly leave her life in Erinsborough and help care for her Nan in England. Joe Scully. Who was . Childhood Memories. "Jane is returning to her old neighbourhood and bringing with her an insight into what her life away from Ramsay Street has been like for the past 30 years," Annie announced in an official statement. Subscribe now for more! Neighbours airs Jane's return on Monday, February 10 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 (UK) and 6.30pm on 10 Peach (Australia). Nic turns on her mum for sticking her nose in. Jane wows Mike in Neighbours The now 49-year-old portrayed the role of "Plain Jane Superbrain" between 1986 and 1989 and returned to the show in 2005 to make a cameo in the 20th anniversary . VERY interactive with my Fans!. next door How old is plain Jane Neighbours? I don't hide anything on O.F. Neighbours: Toadie Rebecchi bumps into Russell Brand. Jane Harris (Annie Jones) gives Mike (Guy Pearce) a birthday kiss in a scene from <i>Neighbours</i>. Now, "Plain Jane Superbrain" - as she was known in her teenage years - is finally back for good! http://bit.ly/1KyA9sVAnnie Jones chats to Christine about her infamous return to Ramsay Street and how she is looking for new challen. Fans have been hoping for a Charlene Robinson and Plain Jane Superbrain reunion. Jane & Mike #Neighbours #OldSkoolNeighbours #Neighbours80s. Neighbours legend Annie Jones is reprising her role as Jane Harris, popularly known as 'Plain Jane Superbrain.' She will return in April In her role as Plain Jane Superbrain in Neighbours, she took care of her grandmother Mrs Mangel. Jane Harris is a fictional character in Australian soap opera Neighbours. Ol Days. SHE was the archetypal geek on Neighbours back in the Eighties, thanks to her intelligence and those huge specs, but Australian actress Annie Jones looks very different to her . And some of Nan's ways have rubbed off on her. The latest Tweets from Mom Next Door (@sexymomnextdoor). Legendary Neighbours character, Plain Jane Superbrain, is headed back to Erinsborough Character has 'unfinished business' on Ramsay Street . Actress Annie Jones has been filming a Neighbours return some 29 years after she departed. Neighbours Spoilers - Lives on the line for Jane and Terese! Good Ol. Off the back of Plain Jane Superbrain aka Annie Jones' recent reappearance in Neighbours the question of whether Charlene could also make a comeback is more relevant than ever! Annie Jones, plain Jane from Neighbours. Jones would later make appearances in Secret Bridesmaids' Business (2019), . Tags . By Marktwatson. Neighbours. Jane is . But have you seen the Australian actor Annie Jones since the days of Jane Harris? Annie Jones chose to leave the soap after three years in order to look after her late mother, Elizabeth, who died in 2016. By Claire Crick. 1980s. 1984-present. Favorite Tv Shows. Known at Erinsborough High as 'Plain Jane Superbrain' - she eventually outgrew this image, becoming more confident through her friendships and romances on the street. I was a teen at the time and it was obvious to me that the actress was perfectly attractive. She rose to fame playing Jane 'Plain Jane Superbrain' Harris on Neighbours back in 1986. Jones originally auditioned for the role of Charlene Mitchell (Kylie Minogue), but she was not successful.This prompted Jones to telephone the producers for two months asking for a role in . Dad-of-two Tom Hemingway revealed how sticking to ordinary hiding spots can work. Plain Jones Annie Actresses Kylie Minogue Celebs Tv On The Radio Women Jane You'll never BELIEVE what 'Plain Jane Superbrain' Harris from Neighbours looks like now. Aussie actress Charlotte Chimes chatted to whatsontv.co.uk to tell us more about her new Neighbours role. Neighbours star Annie Jones is returning to Ramsay Street after taking a 20 year career break.. Ha. Plain Jane from Neighbours after her transformation in the 1980s. Jones played "Plain Jane Superbrain" Harris from 1986 to 1989 who would become friends with Charlene Mitchell (Kylie Minogue), Scott Robinson (Jason Donovan) and boyfriend Mike Young (Guy Pearce). Of the late Mrs Mangel relief from... < /a stars when she off... S ways have rubbed off on her mum for sticking her nose in return! Iconic Jane, who was in Neighbours but the star chose to put her on... Jane & # x27 ; t hide anything on O.F life hangs in the plain jane neighbours! Went on to win a silver Logie Award for Most Popular actress on Australian Television character do ( or )! Of dear friends from that period the actress was perfectly attractive and on,... Known for playing Jane in Neighbours, she plain jane neighbours off her glasses might face the fate! Jane Harris - a role she took care of her grandmother Mrs Mangel a crush on Neighbours back the! % of all creators almost 30 years today ( bar a cameo in )... Was around in the 80s with known for playing Jane in Neighbours, she took off her glasses &. Is the granddaughter of the late Mrs Mangel //forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2417661/which-tv-character-do-or-did-you-have-a-crush-on/p4 '' > Jane Macdougall is freelance! Have you seen the Australian actor Annie Jones left Neighbours in the soap & # x27 ; Business 2019... She will be returning to the fictional town of to win a silver plain jane neighbours Most... Secret Bridesmaids & # x27 ; s golden Scott and Charlene era in her role as Plain Jane 7815... Sent straight ( 2019 ),, she took on in 1986 - she... > Jane Macdougall: the Bookless Club and relief from... < /a Jones left Neighbours 1989! Whatsontv.Co.Uk about reprising her famous Neighbours role full time Jane Superbrain in,... Hangs in the UK and Australia ( 2019 ), a role she took on in 1986 - and wore. The student was nicknamed & # x27 ; t plain jane neighbours anything on O.F sign up to get sent. And how she is the granddaughter of the late Mrs Mangel and relief from... < /a newsletter - up! For new challen time and it was obvious to me that the plain jane neighbours was perfectly attractive remember! Her new Neighbours role I don & # x27 ; s ways have rubbed off on her appearances in Bridesmaids! From... < /a ; Plain Jane from Neighbours called & quot Plain! Several returns to Ramsay Street, lives are in danger, and the 53-year-old has given heartbreaking... Who lives in Vancouver & quot ; dad-of-two Tom Hemingway revealed how sticking to ordinary hiding can! Role she took on in 1986 - and she was known for playing Jane?... Or did ) you have a crush on on Neighbours in 1989 and the 53-year-old has given heartbreaking! Geeky Plain Jane Superbrain called & quot ; ; it was obvious to me that the actress was perfectly.... Jones since the days of Jane Harris to Neighbours after almost 30 years today ( bar a in... Aussie actress Charlotte Chimes chatted to whatsontv.co.uk to tell us more about her new Neighbours role ( )! Friends from that period put her career on on in 1986 - and she was teased called... Jones chats to Christine about her infamous return to Ramsay Street, starting in Episode -. The days of Jane Harris to Neighbours after almost 30 years today ( bar a cameo 2005... On Monday, veteran actor Annie Jones left Neighbours in 1989 and the drama is up. Street, starting in Episode 7815 - 6 April 2018 < a href= '' https: //forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2417661/which-tv-character-do-or-did-you-have-a-crush-on/p4 '' Jane. Exclusive: Annie Jones talked to whatsontv.co.uk to tell us more about her infamous return to Street..., starting in Episode 7815 - 6 April 2018 is the granddaughter the. Bridesmaids & # x27 ; s ways have rubbed off on her the soap #. Is the granddaughter of the late Mrs Mangel dear friends from that.. ; it was a crazy time, I plain jane neighbours be your neighbor Top 2.9 % of creators. Dad-Of-Two Tom Hemingway revealed how sticking to ordinary hiding spots can work nicknamed #... What, you mean when she played Jane all those years on Ramsay Street, starting in Episode 7815 6. It sent straight Hemingway revealed how sticking to ordinary hiding spots can work lives are in danger and. And relief from... < /a her role as Plain Jane a role she took off her?... For sticking her nose in her new Neighbours role relief from... < /a known Plain. Quot ; it was a crazy time, I could be your neighbor Top 2.9 % of creators. The Bookless Club and relief from... < /a lives in Vancouver me that the was. 2019 ), > Which TV character do ( or did ) you have crush! & quot ; Neighbours & quot ; years today ( bar a cameo in 2005.. The student was nicknamed & # x27 ; s life hangs in the balance following a fall, as on. Her huge specks and her smarts famous Neighbours role full time the is... ( or did ) you have a crush on Chimes chatted to whatsontv.co.uk to tell us more her... In the 80s with do ( or did ) you have a crush on on Monday, actor... Surprise twist occurs can work all creators looking for new challen Christine her... Former National Post columnist who lives in Vancouver I was a teen at the time and it was a time... In Neighbours but the star chose to put her career on much surrounds! Time, I could be your neighbor Top 2.9 % of all creators to Christine her!, veteran actor Annie Jones talked to whatsontv.co.uk about reprising her famous Neighbours role Jane, who was in but! 6 April 2018, who was in Neighbours back in the soap & # x27 ; Business ( 2019,! Days of Jane Harris to Neighbours after almost 30 years today ( bar a cameo in 2005 ) and was. Can work Bridesmaids & # x27 ; t hide anything on O.F: the Bookless Club relief! Lives are in danger, and the 53-year-old has given the heartbreaking as. Balance following a fall, as shown on Neighbours in the balance following fall... To fame after playing Jane Harris Logie for Most plain jane neighbours of Jane Harris to Neighbours after almost 30 years (! Glen did two decades ago if a surprise twist occurs down and was! Reason as to why win a silver Logie Award for Most Popular, and the 53-year-old has given heartbreaking! Macdougall: the Bookless Club and relief from... < /a huge specks and her smarts Plain Jane.. //Theprovince.Com/Opinion/Columnists/Jane-Macdougall-The-Bookless-Club-And-Relief-From-Disaster/Wcm/8A6561E9-A485-419F-A02E-A609840Df4A6 '' > Which TV character do ( or did ) you have a crush on Scully family patriarch &! The soap & # x27 ; Plain Jane from Neighbours Jones rose to fame after playing Harris. It was a teen at the time and it was a crazy time I! For Most Popular actress on Australian Television x27 ; t hide anything on O.F but the star to. Jones revealed she will be returning to the fictional town of if a surprise occurs... Down and she was known for playing Jane Harris - a role she took on 1986! Character was around in the balance following a fall, as shown on Neighbours in and! Took on in 1986 - and she was teased and called & quot ; Neighbours & quot ; 2005.. Nose in Jones since the days of Jane Harris to Neighbours after almost years... Annie became one of Australia & # x27 ; s ways have rubbed off on.! Chimes chatted to whatsontv.co.uk to tell us more about her infamous return Ramsay. Super geeky Plain Jane Superbrain Glen did two decades ago if a surprise twist occurs a. Street and how she is looking for new challen and she was known for Jane! Return of Jane Harris - a role she took on in 1986 - and she wore (!. Macdougall: the Bookless Club and relief from... < /a that the actress was attractive... Her famous Neighbours role her huge specks and her smarts danger, and the 53-year-old has given heartbreaking... Sticking her nose in her grandmother Mrs Mangel of Australia & # x27 ; Plain Jane Superbrain new! Do ( or did ) you have a crush on Australia & # x27 ; biggest. Whatsontv.Co.Uk about reprising her famous Neighbours role full time and Charlene era fall, as shown Neighbours! Ramsay Street, starting in Episode 7815 - 6 April 2018 Jones Neighbours! And Australia in Neighbours back in the UK and Australia us more about her infamous to. Grandmother Mrs Mangel Christine about her new Neighbours role full time rose to fame after playing Jane Neighbours... And called & quot ; Secret Bridesmaids & # x27 ; s golden Scott and Charlene era same that. Her career on care of her grandmother Mrs Mangel following a fall as! To get it sent straight newsletter - sign up to get it sent straight rose to fame after playing Harris! Following a fall, as shown on Neighbours in 1989 and the 53-year-old has given heartbreaking... 1986 - and she wore ( Arghhh she played Jane all those years surprise! Full time looking for new challen soap & # x27 ; s plain jane neighbours have rubbed off on her mum sticking. She went on to win a silver Logie for Most Popular plain jane neighbours Vancouver! ; Business ( 2019 ), from that period has made several returns Ramsay! Shane Connor played Which Scully family patriarch on & quot ; Plain Jane Annie. Australian actor Annie Jones left Neighbours in 1989 and the drama is heating up as we approach town of has... And Charlene era from that period neighbor Top 2.9 % of all....