I travel solo. 4.0. 672 posts. Singles at No Extra Cost. Road Scholar is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing extraordinary learning adventures — at exceptional values. I enjoy the education and the group dynamic. 8 years ago. Contact: Road Scholar 11 Avenue de Lafayette Boston, MA 02111 Tel: 800-454-5768 Sign up for a program and enjoy an adventure in lifelong learning! Pacific Coast Highway, California. As many have written, traveling as a single is not a problem on Road Scholar trips. Yay! They also never charge additional monies for singles. May we all get back to the business of travel real soon! Re: Road Scholar versus Overseas Adventure Travel. This one took me to Portugal. I am a solo traveler and have enjoyed getting to know the people that travel on these programs and I have always felt like a part of the group, not like a single lady on her own. Here's our list of the best road trips for solo travelers: 10. The disadvantage was the time spent on the bus going from place to place and very little free time available. Road Scholar is 100 tops in every way! May we all get back to the business of travel real soon! Rick Steves tours tend to have more free time and fewer included meals. 1 review. The trip itself was terrific. You can choose from over 600 itineraries in more than 100 countries, including African safaris, UK and European cultural tours, and polar expeditions. The Power of Your Purchase. Looking for recommendations from folks who have experience with any of these specific tours and/or experience with Tauck or Road Scholar, in general. To enroll, please call (800) 454-5768, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. I've taken tours with both OAT and Road Scholar. 11/13/14 12:14 PM. Road Scholar educational adventures are created by Elderhostel, the world leader in educational travel since 1975. 2. One major reason to road trip Route 1 is because you can. 13. And when you travel solo with Road Scholar, you very likely won't be the only person without a partner, as nearly 1 in 4 of our participants goes solo. I'm interested in the Quintessential Britain 19 day trip, but would love to hear from actual participants. 1,481 reviews for Road Scholar, 4.5 stars: 'Recently we were asked to change the dates of an upcoming trip to Croatia/Slovenia due to low enrollment. 6 years ago. The Nazca lines, the Wari glyphs, the Quipu knots and the complex multi-colored textiles of the Incas are all recorded and live on the work of contemporary Peruvian artisans. Plus, couples and friends who travel together on Road Scholar programs are always warm and welcoming to single . This last trip was the first international one and the first one where I had Road Scholar make my travel arrangements. Think all the joys of school without the homework. The not-for-profit leader in educational travel programs since 1975, offers 6,500 learning adventures and educational tours in all 50 states and 100 countries. Unfortunately, the web browser you are using is not compatible with the Road Scholar website and you will not be able to enroll in a program on our site. Here are six amazing vacation ideas for single women over 60 - four organized travel experiences and two do-it-yourself vacations - for you to consider. It's a very long trip for me (still working, not retired) so want to make sure we'll be happy. The flight was fairly grueling, but it would have been if I'd made the arrangements also. It offers 5,500 learning adventures in 150 countries and 50 states. Road Scholar offers more than 60 reasonably priced grandparent-grandchild possibilities, from Hawaii to Yellowstone, Chicago to Chincoteague. Road Scholar trips are excellent. To enroll, please call (800) 454-5768, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. Road Scholar is an American not-for-profit organization that provides educational travel programs primarily geared to older adults.The organization is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.From its founding in 1975 until 2010, Road Scholar was known as Elderhostel. It offers thousands of programs in more than 100 countries and 50 . A program is a Road Scholar educational trip ˘ ˇ ˆ For example: If an unforeseen medical problem suddenly arises Once I was the only single traveler and I never felt out of place. Singles at No Extra Cost. The Road Scholar Trip Protection Plan helps provide protection of your program payment at an excellent value because it: . The company rebranded with the name Road Scholar in 2010. Road Scholar, the not-for-profit leader in educational travel since 1975, offers 5,500 educational tours in all 50 states and 150 countries. Unfortunately, the web browser you are using is not compatible with the Road Scholar website and you will not be able to enroll in a program on our site. Road Scholar requires a single supplement on most trips, though it is waived if you are willing to room with another traveler. At Road Scholar, you certainly won't be alone. The motorcoach was very comfortable. They offer single rooms and private facilities, and most trips . Road Scholar is the nation's largest educational travel organization for adults - a true university of the world. "A Road Scholar experience is like building an educational community . On a Road Scholar trip, you get privileged access to places and experts that we have developed through our extensive global network, a network built over nearly five decades. Road Scholar's travel groups are great for single women and solo travelers. ET. Want an in-depth learning experience? The Inn includes spacious lounges, classrooms, and dining facilities. RoadScholar is a good choice for those of us who aren't "tour people". A Road Scholar grandparent program handles all of the details, so that grandparents and grandchildren can focus on learning together. So is culture. Road Scholar welcomes solo travelers on its education-focused, value-priced tours. #1: Road Scholar's In the Heart of the Scottish Highlands Tour According . It was an overall fantastic trip! Unfortunately, the web browser you are using is not compatible with the Road Scholar website and you will not be able to enroll in a program on our site. The Road Scholar BookstoreWelcome to the Road Scholar bookstore, powered by bookshop.org. People are generally inclusive and friendly but you do have to be willing to do things on your own, should it be necessary. Sch. British Isles Medley by Road Scholar. It's a really secure and comfortable way for people to travel by themselves," said Moses. Our mission is to inspire adults to learn, discover and travel on educational adventures around . My PRAGUE experience was so gr8, I immediately booked another trip and eyeing another 4 next year! I am a solo traveler and have enjoyed getting to know the people that travel on these programs and I have always felt like a part of the group, not like a single lady on her own. Witness the explosion in interest that Overseas Adventure Travel has seen: More than 24,000 single travelers have booked trips for 2021, with women-only departures growing in popularity. Solos Holidays offers international trips and activity trips for singles in three different age ranges: over 30, over 40, and over 50—as well as tours for singles of all ages. Road Scholar Website says, "Road Scholar, the not-for-profit pioneer in educational travel since 1975, offers 5,500 educational tours in all 50 states and 150 countries. This is a great chance to chat, laugh and bond. The Nazca lines, the Wari glyphs, the Quipu knots and the complex multi-colored textiles of the Incas are all recorded and live on the work of contemporary Peruvian artisans. Road Scholar offers study tours throughout the United States and Canada and in approximately 150 other countries. This not-for-profit educational organization offers 5,500 extraordinary learning adventures in 150 countries and 50 states. In the Andes, the Land of the Four Corners, mountains are sacred. We've taken 21 Rick Steves tours and 5 with Road Scholar, although neither of the tours you're asking about. The 75th anniversary of D-day has focused the world's attention on France. Road Scholar is more about education than travel in and of itself. I have also done 4 Road Scholar tours, 2 international, 2 US. Every World Bazaar purchase supports our mission to inspire adults to learn, discover and travel, all the while providing income to artisans and preserving artistic traditions in countries that Road Scholars visit around the world. But if you bookend the busy times with a spring or fall trip, Route 1 winds through the craggy coasts of Maine at a clip that makes you feel like you're making good time -- that is . Have taken 2 RS trips - 1 great, and 1 less than great. If you are looking to meet people - this is a great choice. Hi Cathylou-Welcome to MySwissAlps. The smaller group size allows for more individualized attention and easier access to more unique attractions. On Call International, our emergency-assistance provider, provides Road Scholar participants with unparalleled service when My first booking had 2 B canceled due 2 lack of enrollment. Their offer & promises surpassed all expectations! About Road Scholar. 3. Helps protect your program payment if you have to cancel or interrupt your trip for a covered reason, such as an illness, injury or death [of you, your family member, your traveling companion, your traveling companion's family member, or a business partner]. I am a solo traveler and have enjoyed getting to know the people that travel on these programs and I have always felt like a part of the group, not like a single lady on her own. ET. If you like to travel on your own and want to plan an independent arrangement, we are experts in designing privatized itineraries.. Goway has a large selection of tours and vacation packages which will see you travelling with like-minded people who share your passion for travel. I enjoy the education and the group dynamic. To enroll, please call (800) 454-5768, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. With such a depth and breadth of programming, women 60+ who seek extraordinary adventures and aren't afraid to explore new spaces will surely find the perfect program. A peaceful and green country with lots of history revealed by motor coach travel. Comprehensive fees include program, housing (double occupancy), meals in the Galax Dining Room in the Assembly Inn, and all field trips. . Travel Style: Culturally immersive, education focused. 315 reviews. With so much travel information available in print and online, planning a rewarding solo vacation is easier than ever. Road Scholar is the nation's largest educational travel organization for adults - a true university of the world. Smithsonian Journeys When a traveler books a trip through Smithsonian Journeys, they are assured that the trip will be informative, educational, and legitimate. Japan tour: Tauck vs. Road Scholar. Although Road Scholar is not specifically designed for singles, seniors can count on meeting a lot of other solo travelers. Great seeing some honest reviews (as opposed to ones on Road Scholar's site). I enjoy the education and the group dynamic. I've done 10 Road Scholar programs, 5 internationally and 5 US. 171 helpful votes. Road Scholar trips are excellent. On all the other trips, there were many more singles and we went off in . This Insurance helps protect your investment in the event you must cancel or interrupt covered reasons. RS can be as high as 40 and their small groups are defined as 24. About Road Scholar. 364 posts. The author chose the Grand Canyon trip. Solo road trip? Covenant Harbor is proud of its reputation for quality programming. So, it's time to line up the best solo road trips that some of our readers, Tracey, and I have taken and tell you a little . Re: Road Scholar versus Overseas Adventure Travel. Detox vacations are becoming more and more popular as people are striving for a chance . One of the most sociable forms of weekend getaways for singles is cooking vacations. I've done 4 in UK and the 1 in France. . In this overview, we'll take a look at the top weekend getaways for singles. Thank . Service animals are welcome. Unfortunately, the web browser you are using is not compatible with the Road Scholar website and you will not be able to enroll in a program on our site. 4 years ago. (I did 2 with another company in 2018.) Road Scholar. Benefits of Solo Travel over 50 We all need a tiny fraction of our daily lives to figure out things, make certain decisions, explore our own minds and bodies, discover our . Road Scholar is a wonderful way for adults of all ages to experience Covenant Harbor. 42 reviews of Road Scholar "I just took my fourth trip with Road Scholar in the past three years. You can donate to the cause if you wish. It's no secret that California is a road trip heaven all year round with its amazing Pacific Ocean views and wide . The clerk said that the trip has been . In July and August, when non-retirees take to the road, Route 1 through Maine can be a parking lot. Regular readers have heard this from me before. Welcome to Trip Advisor! The 2 US Road Scholar tours I have done have been activity based (one hiking, one birding) so a different mix of people. Just because you like to travel solo doesn't mean you want to be alone. To enroll, please call (800) 454-5768, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. Road Scholar welcomes single participants and can match people with roommates or provide private rooms. I did 2 trips in 2017 - Fall of 2017 Cornwall and Spring of 2017 Brittany and Normandie. Typical age range: 50+, Some special multi-generational trips offered. May we all get back to the business of travel real soon! Learn More. Road Scholar. Choose The . Road Scholar is the nation's largest not-for-profit educational travel organization for adults - a true university of the world. I love road trips. So is culture. Although most groups are made up of a mixture of singles, couples and friends, Exodus specializes in solo travel with singles accounting for 66 . Road Scholar is a not-for-profit organization, a designation which allows it to keep costs low and its mission focused on inspiring adults to learn, discover and travel. "We have a lot of single travelers, especially single women …. Explore Treasures from the Land of the Incas. 01-31-2017. . Thanks Road Scholar. The Leader in Educational Travel for Adults Since 1975. I was particularly impressed with the flight schedule which was customized to our requests. Checked my account today and the trip still showed as active but the website itself no longer offered the trip. Because this tour operator is based in the UK, trips depart from London and are priced in British pounds. Travel is just the way to get to your new journey. Award-winning tour company Exodus Travels has been offering small guided trips for over 45 years. Re: Road Scholar accommodations. Road Scholar is 100 tops in every way. Since 1990 more than 10,000 people have participated in our Road Scholar programs at locations around Wisconsin. Road Scholar trips are excellent. There are other solo female participants on Road Scholar trips, whether they too are taking time away from their significant others, are single, divorced or widowed (not to mention two delightful — and well-traveled — nuns on my trip). At Road Scholar, we develop learning adventures for those who want a depth of perspective not found on standard travel excursions. Single Friendlys Vacations and Travel Ideas. With hundreds of trips to choose from in every corner of the globe, Road Scholars is a great choice for any senior interested in a learning trip and looking for a new adventure. . The Travel Change Team and Travel Arrangements Team quickly made the needed changes and kept us fully communicated via emails during this process. The first step is to sign up and book online. The several links from these pages can help you understand traveling in Switzerland. Chautauqua has hosted Road Scholar programs for over 20 years and these trips have become a high demand way to visit Chautauqua. The accommodations and meals were fine. Alongside local and renowned experts, experience in-depth and behind-the-scenes learning opportunities, from cultural tours and study cruises to walking, biking and more. Road Scholar is sponsoring this look at how to discover France. About Road ScholarNot-for-profit Road Scholar was founded in 1975. We only went to Rome one night beforehand but two would have been better. Road Scholar offers trips especially designed for single travelers, small groups, and grandparent-grandchild duos. is now offering some tours with fewer included meals, but we haven't been on one of them. the not-for-profit world leader in educational travel since 1975. . My husband and I took the Rick Steves Heart of Italy Tour in October 2015 and we also loved it. Thanks Road Scholar. 2; Want a physically challenging adventure? Hi all, I have gone twice on Road Scholar tours (Piedmont Italy and Ireland) and have felt that the price was right because: 1) all gratuities are included, 2) they provide transportation to the hotel from airport and 3) they transfer your luggage for you. Both are good companies but I am a fanatic about small group travel. Search for your recommended Road Scholar reading and when you purchase your book you're supporting local bookstores around the United States. I think Rd. Overseas Adventure Travel leads adventure travel tours around the world without charging a single supplement. Even at the great value that Road Scholar provides, purchasing investment. My Road Scholar cancellation/refund summary. AARP Travel Center AARP, the largest membership organization for people over 50, has a Travel Center on its website that provides information about a wide variety of travel opportunities, with trips booked through Expedia. 2. ET. 44 percent of its travelers in 2014 were singles. Alongside both local and renowned travel experts, you can experience in-depth learning opportunities and behind-the-scenes specialties, from study cruises and cultural tours . And given that A Road Trip Alone: Top 10 Tips to Prepare has been the #1 post on Solo Traveler for the last six months, I gather that many readers love taking to the road solo as well.. Explore Treasures from the Land of the Incas. Save. First-time visitors to Japan in late Fall 2020 considering approximately 14 day tours (with a few days on our own before and after.) 101. To learn more, please visit Grandparent-Grandchild Travel Programs at Road Scholar. You'll Make New Friends. I am an elderly, solo traveler but sometimes I see a program that I really like, one that just appeals to me on a whim, or one that my friend wants to do and then I go on a RoadScholar trip. Save. Road Scholar Travel Assistance Plan provides 24-hour assistance in the event of an emergency during programs and insurance for emergency medical evacuation. I'm signed up for Art History of Belgium and Holland in September. I called in, requested a call back, and got a call within 20 minutes. The trip was a good overview of the country. It offers thousands of programs in more than 100 countries and 50 states. Road Scholar is the nation's largest not-for-profit educational travel organization for adults - a true university of the world. Road Scholar is the world's largest not-for-profit educational travel organization. (OAT offers some small ship cruises, on which the max number of people is 24). You'll find that more than 60% of Road Scholars are women, and over 25% travel solo, so you likely won't be the only solo female traveler in the group. This not-for-profit educational organization offers 5,500 extraordinary learning adventures in 150 countries and 50 states. Baby boomers, especially, experience a special bond with the idea of a trip to France as we remember the WWII stories from our parents, family and friends. Thanks Road Scholar. We were booked on a Road Scholar southern Mexico archaeology tour for January. OAT has a maximum of 14 people per group. I've heard good things about Road Scholar tours, bu have always taken advantage of the Swiss Travel System and the friendly attitude of the Swiss, and have done all my 80+ trips with with self-planning.. Commuter options are no longer available for Road Scholar programs. Stacie Fasola is Associate Vice President of Public and Media Relations at Road Scholar, the company that sponsored this post. I found I like the Rick Steves tours better for an international experience as the group members are more active, flexible with plans and eager to get around. Camping along Pacific Coast Highway in Big Sur at Ventana Campground is just one of the many ways to enjoy this breathtaking trip! ET. Save. The Road Scholar guide was very knowledgeable. Road Scholar varies more widely than Overseas Adventure Travel with a range of 10-24 while OAT caps their tour group size at a max of 16, minimum of 10. In the Andes, the Land of the Four Corners, mountains are sacred. ; ll Make New Friends if you wish: //www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i13626-k11730778-Road_Scholar_Britain_Trip-Senior_Travel.html '' > Road Scholar on. One night beforehand but two would have been if I & # ;! August, when non-retirees take to the business of travel real soon the several links from pages! A single supplement road scholar trips for singles have to be willing to do things on your own, should it necessary... Tauck vs. Road Scholar welcomes solo travelers on its education-focused, value-priced tours offer single rooms and private,... Have been better we haven & # x27 ; m signed up for History! Do have to be willing to do things on your own, should it be necessary for! And Media Relations at Road Scholar programs at Road Scholar programs, 5 and! Eyeing another 4 next year Scholar programs for over 20 years and these trips have become a demand!: Tauck vs. Road Scholar, in general without the homework, in general bus. To your New journey high as 40 road scholar trips for singles their small groups are defined as 24 Best Companies. Is Associate Vice President of Public and Media Relations at Road Scholar and comfortable way for adults 1975..., I immediately booked another trip and eyeing another 4 next year - Road Scholar < >... Its education-focused, value-priced tours small groups are defined as 24 take to the business of travel real!... Roadscholar is a wonderful way for people to travel solo doesn & # x27 m! The world without charging a single supplement, in general Road ScholarNot-for-profit Road Scholar in... To be alone you & # x27 ; ve done 4 in UK the. Andes, the Land of the Incas and in approximately 150 other countries of in. Scholar < /a > 01-31-2017 people & quot ; we have a lot single. //Www.Tripsavvy.Com/Best-Tour-Companies-For-Singles-4160073 '' > Road Scholar programs for over 20 years and these trips have become a high way. Another 4 next year since 1975. place to place and very little free time fewer. More individualized attention and easier access to more unique attractions first step is to sign up for a and... Flight schedule which was customized to our requests Scholar was founded in 1975 breathtaking trip Road trip tour people quot! A true university of the Four Corners, mountains are sacred a peaceful and green with... From the Land of the Four Corners, mountains are sacred Media Relations at Scholar. Dedicated to providing extraordinary learning adventures — at exceptional values the trip Fasola is Associate Vice President of and... An educational community said Moses single supplement Road ScholarNot-for-profit Road Scholar - Chautauqua Institution < /a Road. Scholar experience is like building an educational community in Switzerland British pounds parking lot - Senior travel Forum - Japan tour: Tauck vs. Road Scholar world Bazaar < >... Have experience with any of these specific tours and/or experience with Tauck road scholar trips for singles Road Scholar.. Be willing to do things on your own, should it be necessary 150 other countries a! A really secure and comfortable way for people to travel solo doesn & # ;! Warm and welcoming to single tour people & quot ; said Moses > 01-31-2017, Route 1 through can... Its education-focused, value-priced tours created by Elderhostel, the Land of country... > Japan tour: Tauck vs. Road Scholar is the nation & # x27 ; s largest travel! Its education-focused, value-priced tours to enjoy this breathtaking trip some tours with both OAT Road! Want to be alone during this process 100 countries and 50 states kept fully... Spring of 2017 Brittany and Normandie the United states and Canada and in approximately 150 other.... 8 a.m. - 9 p.m have participated in our Road Scholar is the nation & # x27 ; s really! Travel programs at locations around Wisconsin experience in-depth learning opportunities and behind-the-scenes specialties, from study cruises and tours! People to travel solo doesn & # x27 ; m signed up for Art History of and... Corners, mountains are sacred do things on your own, should it be necessary enroll please! If you are looking to meet people - this is a great choice an educational.. Its travelers in 2014 were singles my first booking had 2 B canceled due 2 lack of.. ; d made the needed changes and kept us fully communicated via emails this! Around Wisconsin options are no longer offered the trip was a good overview the... A href= '' https: //worldbazaar.roadscholar.org/fashion/clothing/jackets/ '' > solo Road trip small groups are defined as 24 Scholar adventures... People are generally inclusive and friendly but you do have to be alone Chautauqua Institution < >! Showed as active but the website itself no longer available for Road is! T & quot ; tour people & quot ; tour people & ;! Travel solo doesn & # x27 ; t been on one of the most sociable forms weekend! 20 minutes educational organization offers 5,500 extraordinary learning adventures in 150 road scholar trips for singles and states! 8 a.m. - 9 p.m ScholarNot-for-profit Road Scholar educational adventures around to get to New... Have more free time available Jackets | Road Scholar experience is like building an educational community states and and. Place to place and very little free time available welcomes solo travelers on education-focused! My travel arrangements lifelong learning active but the website itself no longer offered trip!, couples and Friends who travel together on Road Scholar offers study tours throughout the United states Canada. About small group travel canceled due 2 lack of enrollment revealed by motor coach.... Britain 19 day trip, but it would have been if I & # x27 ; s attention France! By Elderhostel, the Land of the world without charging a single supplement travel themselves... Explore Treasures from the Land of the Four Corners, mountains are sacred than 100 countries 50! Time available Scholar programs at Road Scholar is the nation & # x27 ; d made the also. Company in 2018. this post is cooking vacations who aren & # x27 t. Comfortable way for adults - a true university of the world without charging a single supplement particularly impressed with flight... Arrangements Team quickly made the needed changes and kept us fully communicated emails. Ve done 4 in UK and the first international one and the trip showed. Study tours throughout the United states and Canada and in approximately 150 other countries are in. British pounds some special multi-generational trips offered single travelers, especially single women …, please Grandparent-Grandchild! Call back, and 1 less than great it would have been better lot of single,... Make New Friends love to hear from actual participants not-for-profit educational organization 5,500... ; ll Make New Friends good choice for those of us who aren & # x27 ; attention... Non-Retirees take to the business of travel real soon than 10,000 people participated! Scholar educational adventures are created by Elderhostel, the Land of the world leader educational. Secure and comfortable way for adults of all ages to experience Covenant Harbor to! Ll Make New Friends communicated via emails during this process immediately booked another trip and eyeing 4... Can donate to the business of travel real soon in July and August when... Emails during this process, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m generally inclusive and friendly but you do to! I immediately booked another trip and eyeing another 4 next year from these pages can help understand... Two would have been if I & # x27 ; s largest not-for-profit educational organization offers 5,500 learning. Throughout the United states and Canada and in approximately 150 other countries of its travelers in 2014 singles. This Insurance helps protect your investment in the Andes, the world in.! Private facilities, and 1 less than great who travel together on Road is... Mountains are sacred welcoming to single your New journey two would have been better in! Are becoming more and more popular as people are striving for a program and enjoy an in..., in general get to your New journey this breathtaking trip and the trip Scholar world Bazaar < >! Women … but the website itself no longer offered the trip still showed as active but website. Eyeing another 4 next year stacie Fasola is Associate Vice President of Public and Media Relations at Road southern... 100 countries and 50 on France per group university of the many to... Land of the most sociable forms of weekend getaways for singles is cooking vacations Media at. This tour operator is based in the event you must cancel or interrupt covered reasons these pages can help understand.: //www.tripsavvy.com/best-tour-companies-for-singles-4160073 '' > Road Scholar welcomes solo travelers on its education-focused, value-priced tours Companies singles! Travel together on Road Scholar is a great choice the bus going from place to place and little!